• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Blue Sailboat Lounge

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Pierre listened to the three girl chat and introduced themselves and chat among themselves." I am Pierre for those who dont know me, a pleasure to meet and being surrounded by such lovely ladies." He said picking up his empty glass and toasting the new newbies."And welcome, I am sure you gonna a love it here. Take that from a foreigner who had to travel across an ocean get her from France no less."

Mauve Quinn
"A pleasure to meet you. I have a feeling I'll like it here." Mauve smiled at Dawn.

Turning to look at Elle, she asked, "Where were you from, originally? At least we have the fact that we are both new at Blue Sailboat in common." Mauve quirked one end of her mouth up. "As for your generous offer, I would love it if you could show me around some time and see a sight or two." She folded the wrapper of the Cream Caramel into tiny squares while she was talking. "Do you happen to know any good bakeries around here? I have a terrible sweet tooth and adore all things sugared. It's not a very good habit but I often eat pastries for breakfast and was wondering where I could go."

"Pierre, is it? Nice to meet you as well." She toasted him and lifted a hand to shake. "So you are from France. No wonder your pronunciation is impeccable. D'où venez-vous en France?"

Lizy Lizy Tiny Tiny ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Pierre smiled at the sound of his native tongue outside of his home. "Ah oui. Je viens d'une petite commune proche de Paris: Senlis." He said."C'est bien de parler avec quelqu'un en français." He was a little surprised she was France, he hadn't noticed from her accent. He thought for a moment and the realised why."Es vous du Quebec?"

Mauve Quinn

"Cela semble être un endroit agréable." Mauve laughed and shook her head at Pierre, "Non, je ne suis pas du Québec mais je parle le français québécois, comme vous pouvez le constater par mon accent. I happen to have lived in Quebec for a while because of my family... matters. I am surprised you could understand and place the accent, though. I have heard the French have a hard time understanding the Quebecois. My friends told me that they say that Quebec French has a very nasally sound."

"If you don't mind me asking, why did you move away from France?" She started thinking of the many scenarios that could have caused a man who loved French so much to move away from the country it was spoken in. She tapped a finger on the hardwood counter, moving the water droplets leftover from the glasses lying around.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

(sorry if my formatting is bad. i’ll be on mobile for the next few days because i’m away visiting a friend)

Margot Dupont

Margot leaned back in her chair enjoying her drink and her cigarette. She couldn’t help but roll her eyes at Elle. She couldn’t stand her, she just thought she was so much better than everyone. She listened as the new girl chatted with Pierre. “My grandparents may be French, but I know nothing. My mom tried to force me to learn, but naturally that made me rebel,” she explained.

She finished her drink. “Vincent, my dear, another drink please. Surprise me,” she asked, batting her eyes, with mock innocence. She was planning on tipping him well tonight, especially after he gave Mauve the drink on the house, so she didn’t have to pay for her.

Tiny Tiny NIAMH NIAMH ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

A few stray droplets of water were flung off Sully’s hair as he took a sharp turn at a brisk pace. Swimming a few laps before heading to the lounge had sounded like a good way to deal with pre-gig nerves but here he was, damp, behind schedule, and twice as nervous as he’d been before. His already sore arms ached under the weight of his instruments and he let out a sigh of relief when the Blue Sailboat came into view.

The sounds of the street were replaced with music and soft conversation as the door swung shut behind him. At least he didn’t seem to be the last to arrive, though Elle was already there. It wasn’t surprising considering how seriously she took this and it was a relief to not have to stand alone by the bar while the others chatted. But the small crowd that Elle was a part of gave him some pause and he took a turn towards backstage, taking a few minutes to stash his instruments and fuss with his hair in one of the mirrors. It still looked somehow wrong but the act was a distraction from the nerves that were screaming for him to go home, not just back to the apartment but back to his family. It was always like this with new things. And the Blue Sailboat seemed too nice. Like it was all a trap.

The work he’d done on his hair was undone as it always was when he shook his head in a futile attempt to knock those thoughts loose. He’d kept Elle waiting long enough so he slunk out of backstage to join her near the bar, standing just behind her shoulder and offering up a sheepish smile. “Sorry I’m late, I was tryin’ to unwind and ended up worse than before.” He directed another smile and a half wave at the others before turning back to Elle. “When do we go on?”

interactions: Tiny Tiny
mentions: ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Ambiloquous Ambiloquous

Pierre smirked back when she laughed enjoying the sound. "It is not easy I agree but I can read between the lines enough to understand the meaning." He explained." Also during the war, I had to interact with Canadian troops. They spoke Parisian French for my sake but the accent was similar to yours." His smile faided a little at the question why he came to the courty. "Je suis désolé, mademoiselle. However I would rather not answer that question."

His mood improved when Margo approached. He usually did not go for stand up comedians but had to admit the few times he was able to watch her show she was hilarious and that was something in her manner that appealed to him. "Margot, my dear, you wound me. Why would such beautiful girl reject my language so when they would marry so well." He said as if wounded deeply." I feel I must educate you my self."

Nichelle Gavier
Elle introduced herself to Pierre and Mauve more formally after they did their own introductions. She was relieved to be able to avoid questions about where she came from as Mauve quickly became preoccupied speaking to Pierre. It wasn't something was very proud of, her past. She was more than content to listen to the exchange of language between them passively for a bit, trying not to bristle too obviously when Margot got into the conversation. Really how many drinks did she plan to have before her performance? Elle had half a mind to comment on it before she heard Sully's familiar voice to distract her. She spun towards him and grinned broadly at her childhood friend.

"My sweet Sully, you look more water than man right now. I hope the swimming at least did some good." She didn't really mind his arriving later than her, especially since his lateness was linked to his need to relax. Elle knew that performing in front of audiences didn't come as naturally to him as it did her. At the question about the set list came up she pouted a bit to say, "Second to last." Sully ought to know her opinion on that even without her having to go further into it. Which she probably would privately later on anyway.

Unable to help herself she began to try to fix up his hair a bit where the water and walk here had mussed it up. She was a bit jealous of his ability to come straight here from the pool. Elle would have to spend an hour washing, straightening, and fixing her hair up if she did that. "If you've got any special instructions for set up that's the girl to talk to." she told Sully, pointing at Dawn. Elle wasn't too particular about set up but Sully might be more so, especially in a new place. "They managed to get our stage names right this time around." If she had to listen to another announcer declare them 'Sullivan and Michelle' she would lose it.

plague rats plague rats

Last edited:
Mauve Quinn

"Oh, yes? That skill is a must for people who travel a lot as well." Mauve processed Pierre's words for a bit and paused. "I don't mean to be rude, but pray tell me, how old are you? You don't look old enough to have gone to the war. I mean, even I was barely old enough. I'm sorry if I've touched on a topic you'd rather not talk about."

Sometime in the middle of chatting, a boy, hair dripping with water, walked through the doorway and struck up a conversation with Elle. When he waved she smiled and nodded as a greeting. Patron? Or... no, they part of an act, it seemed. Even Elle, a newcomer, had somebody she knew here. Mauve fiddled with her Tootsie Roll wrapper, wondering how Rita and Paul were doing back home... Have they gotten married yet?

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki plague rats plague rats Tiny Tiny

[div class=container][div class=image] [div class=title]vincent rivera [div class=line][/div] [div class=lil]the bartender[/div][/div] [div class=b][div class=lilimage][/div][/div][/div] [div class=info] [div class=post][div class=scroll] Vincent lets his eyes linger on the new face a little longer, as if trying to figure her out. Suspicious, but still knowing she wasn't a danger / threat in any way. He's had his fair share of dine and dashes, and the majority of them started with forgetting their wallets. He wasn't stupid, but usually let the actions slide anyway, knowing there wasn't anything he could really do- he would earn the money back anyway through tips and payday.

The brood tops the drink off with the slice of orange the woman had requested, and puts the drink in front of her. Anything after that drink, he'd charge her for whatever she ordered. It wasn't like the drinks they had available were expensive- he thought they were fairly reasonable prices. Vincent decides to not dwell on it for long, and looks over to Margot, unable to hold back just the smallest of smiles at the innocent act. "Sure, Dupont."

With that said, Vincent takes her empty glass and starts thinking of what he could whip up. Usually people with such a big personality like Margot's, seemed to enjoy sweeter liqueurs with jagermeister, giving the drink a little edge for whatever it's mixed with- rum has the same reason. He thinks of the perfect drink for her then- the Rum Runner. It consisted of dark and light rum, banana and blackberry liqueur, pineapple and orange juice, grenadine, and and orange wheel as a garnish.

That's one way to start the night off. Vincent thinks to himself as he finishes up the drink, placing it in front of the brunette with a nod. "Try this." He tells her, before looking to Dawn who comes over telling him orders. "I'll have them ready in a few minutes." He tells the waitress, turning his back to prep the two drinks. Thankfully the ingredients for the Whisky Sour had been out already, so it'd been made along with a garnish cherry on top. He places the beverage on a small platter, turning around to whip up the second drink.

The conversations among the others took no interest to the man. As a bartender, he learned to keep his mouth closed. Just serve drinks, and let them vent. A bar and some well-served drinks were enough to make people forget about whatever troubles and worries- besides, it also meant immediate trust. What was a bartender to say or do with other peoples' skeletons when he couldn't even handle his own?

Speaking of well-served drinks, Vincent places the second drink on the platter and lets out a sigh, shaking his head lightly at her question about his night. "It's going." He says a bit quietly and pinching the bridge of his nose for a moment, as if trying not to bother the throbbing headache of his any more than the others had just by talking amongst themselves. "Sorry about your date. How's your night going besides that?"
[/div][/div] [div class=pos][div class="round1 round"][/div] . [div class="round2 round"][/div] . [div class="round3 round"][/div] [div class=stats]neutral | Lizy Lizy + copacetic copacetic | mentions Ambiloquous Ambiloquous
behind the bar | single[/div][/div][/div][/div] [div class=c]@undine[/div] [class=container]height: 340px; width: 500px; padding: 10px; margin: auto; background: #6F6565 [/class] [class=image]height: 100%; width: 180px; background-image: url(https://cdn.wallpapersafari.com/92/56/gzCdjS.jpg); background-size: 200%; background-position: 55% 30% [/class] [class=title]position: relative; top: 15px; left: 190px; width: 230px; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; color: #A37272 [/class] [class=line]height: 1px; width: 100%; background: #5a1527 [/class] [class=lil]position: relative; width: 96%; text-align: right; font-style: italic; font-size: 10px; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #202020; [/class] [class=b]position: relative; left: 420px; top: -45px; height: 65px; width: 65px; padding: 5px; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; border: 1px solid #5a1527 [/class] [class=lilimage]height: 100%; width: 100%; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; background-image: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/2a2a5f1c6aef531ae451e0a43dbbd5d9/tumblr_ppb3erjETc1t5jg9f_500.gif); background-size: 200%; background-position: 60% 55% [/class] [class=info]position: relative; left: 190px; top: -245px; height: 245px; width: 310px [/class] [class=post]height: 200px; width: 103%; font-size: 10px; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=scroll]height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; text-align: justify; padding-right: 30px [/class] [class=pos]position: relative; top: 15px; height: 35px; width: 305px; text-align: center; color: transparent; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=round]position: relative; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #D1565B; transition: 0.7s; [/class] [class=round2]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #B9B5CC [/class] [class=round3]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #E6AFA8 [/class] [class=bla]background: #f2979f [/class] [class=ble]background: #786a81 [/class] [class=blo]background: #d05f7a [/class] [class=stats]position: relative; top: 10px; width: 100%; margin: auto;font-weight: 800; font-size: 9px; color: white [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px [/class] [script class=post on=mouseenter] addClass bla round1 addClass ble round2 addClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=post on=mouseleave] removeClass bla round1 removeClass ble round2 removeClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseenter] addClass up round addClass up stats removeClass down round removeClass down2 stats [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseleave] addClass down round addClass down2 stats addClass up round addClass up stats [/script] [class name=up] animation-name: {post_id}up; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=up] [keyframe=0]top: 0px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: -30px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down] animation-name: {post_id}down; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 0px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down2] animation-name: {post_id}down2; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down2] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 10px[/keyframe] [/animation]

Margot Dupont

Margot finished her cigarette, lighting another. She put her hand on Pierre’s shoulder. “I’m sorry, Frenchie. My vocabulary consists of ‘Oui, Baguette, and Omelette du Fromage’. Maybe one day you can teach me more,” she laughed. “I apologize for not learning it when I had the chance. If you knew my mother, you’d understand,” she explained with a grin.

“Sully! Nice to see you again!” she exclaimed when he arrived. While she had issues with Elle, she was fond of Sully. “It’s been too long since I’ve seen that beautiful face, but I have to ask: why are you soaked?” she questioned. She liked to flirt in general, but she did enjoy flirting with Sully in particular because he couldn’t flirt to save his life and she found it funny and adorable.

Margot took her new drink from Vincent and thanked him. She didn’t let it show, but she was incredibly nervous before she went on stage. She needed something to combat the stage fright. She sipped on her drink and liked whatever Vincent gave her. She’d drink anything, but this was definitely good.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki plague rats plague rats NIAMH NIAMH

Mauve Quinn

Mauve took the glass from the bartender, taking a small sip for starters. Mm, it was quite delicious, the sour lemon added a nice tang to the sweet whisky. Looking up from her drink, she noticed the bartender's off look and tried to ignore it. Hopefully, in the days to come, that look would change. For now, it was enough that she had a cup of sweet alcohol and good music to look forward to.

Everyone seemed to have someone to talk to and Mauve felt a little bit lost in the midst. She gave the bartender a quick glance. Nope, not today. Maybe tomorrow, though. She took sips of her drink, trying to make it last as long as possible. She definitely did not want to ask for a second. She wasn't that thick-skinned.

NIAMH NIAMH

Pierre gave a wry smile at Mauves question. "Twenty eight if you have to ask." He said nodding at Vincent when he served him drink which he took a long sip from. "True I may not have been a soldier during the war, however that did mean i wasnt effected. France was occupied territory after all and had family in both the army and the resistance... Even the young aided in both." He sighed looking down sadly as he downed his drink in one.

He stood. "Forgive me, i need to go to the back. "He said quickly to the two women, forcing a smile as he nodded at both of them before walking out the back of the lounge and out the back door, He had the sudden feeling anxiety bulidng inside him, felt warm and felt it was hard to breath. He leaned against a wall, undoing his tie and top shirt button trying to control his breathing which became quick and erratic.

"It's going ok," Dawn replied to the bartender, "The night's still young, we'll see how it goes from here." She smiled and shrugged. She wouldn't let her whole night be decided by one failed date, she couldn't when working at a place like this. Since they were open until the early hours of the morning she'd have plenty more things happen until her "day" was over, hopefully they'd be good. Dawn suddenly looked up as she saw Pierre get up and go out the back, looking a little upset. "Oh dear," she sighed, "He goes on in twenty minutes. I better deliver these drinks and check on him."

She took the tray of drinks and gave them to the couple. "Let me know if I can get you anything else," she smiled at them and quickly went to the back door and went outside. She glanced around and saw Pierre in a panic against a wall. "Are you ok? Anything I can do?' she asked.

NIAMH NIAMH ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

"Talentless."

"A joke."

These words play in Gertrude's head, and she can still see the unpleased faces of the people saying them. In9 her apartment, she lay with half of her body on her couch, and her head resting on the arm so that her loosely curled hair doesn't get messed up. She performed last week at the Blue Sailboat Lounge, and chose to sing. Patrons and other performers applauded her, but when she got offstage, she heard people talking and noticed how some people were looking at her. She sighs. It took her all day while working at the library the next day to get over it, but she figured she just needed to practice more. Gertrude glances down at her feet, admiring her jewel toned winklepicker heels.

She shakes off feelings of doubt, and rises to her feet. Her eyes scan her small apartment, which consists of a small livingroom and kitchen, one bathroom, and a bedroom. The walls are bare, except for in the livingroom that has two paintings of beautiful landscape. She doesn't have many knicknacks, but she has a couch, an antique floor lamp, and a coffee table with many books on it. In her bedroom is a bed and dark wood armoire. There are three rectangular shaped windows, one in her bedroom and the other two in the kitchen. Gertrude usually keeps them open if the weather is nice like tonight.

A voice pulls her from her thoughts.

"Gertrude!"

The familiar voice belongs to her friend, Gregory. He is a young man who is going to law school, and the two met when he was checking out a few books at the library. Gertrude is to perform at the Blue Sailboat Lounge again tonight, but has decided to bring a friend. The young woman walks into her hallway, and looks herself over in the mirror. Her eyes are lined with black eyeliner, her eyeshadow is a gold color, and she has black mascara on. She has no blush on, but her full lips have a matte, dark red lip finish on them. Gertrude turns to her side, running both hands down the side of her body. For her performance tonight, she is wearing one of her favorite strapless dresses made of satin. The dress is a light tan color, form-fitting and reaches four inches below her knees. Entering her livingroom now, she grabs her dark purple coat and clutch, and hurries downstairs to meet her friend.

Gregory is leaning against a street light when Gertrude approaches him. His muscular arms are crossed, and his short black hair is styled nicely. Gertrude looks him over. He is wearing grey dress pants, a maroon button-up shirt and black leather dress shoes.

"You look nice." she says.

"Thanks. Let's go." he replies, a twinkle in his blue eyes.

The pair walk the boulevard and a few main streets until they reach the Blue Sailboat Lounge. Before they enter, Gregory turns to Gertrude. "You'll do fine." Instead of greeting the people she knew, she and Gregory go to check out the setlist.

Last edited:
Pierre tried to calm himself but instead if feeling batter, he actually felt worse. His legs began to wobble, his surroundings began to spin causing him to feel nauseous. He felt himself pressed harder against the wall and that slid down to crouch as of heading. He could hear footsteps, a shouts of orders."Merd! Merd! je suis trop tard! je suis trop tard!" He said in a panic and near tear. "je suis désolé! je suis vraiment désolé..." He whimpered and than he tensed as he covered his ears as if trying to block his ears from a terrible sound but seemingly not able to.

Connor appeared with clipboard in hand, most likely from doing inventory. He had smelled the alcohol coming off of Vincent, and it wasn't the smell of someone that worked with the stuff. It was the smell of someone that drank it, a lot of it. And though he had not found a single bottle missing, his regular checks had become a nightly ritual for him.

His presence was more akin to a force of nature than his small stature would suggest, as he stood and observed everyone that was gathered at the bar. "Where's Pierre." It was not a question, it was a demand, he had heard the faint sound of his star's voice from the back so he knew he was around. But now that he was out front, the Frenchman had disappeared. And he had the first slot to.

Dawn bit her lip in concern. She had no clue what to do in this situation. She didn't have any clue what he was saying, she didn't speak french. "Breathe. Just focus on breathing," she spoke gently, trying to focus on breathing herself. One thing she did know she had to do was stay calm herself, otherwise she wouldn't be able to help at all. She pondered what else she could do to help. "It's ok. It's going to be fine," she said, keeping her voice soft. She just needed to try to calm him down.

Mauve Quinn
Mauve watched as Pierre hurridly left after a comment on the second world war. He must've remembered some bad memories from when he was still in France, the poor thing. Without noticing, she had finished her drink. She let out a breath. Well. The liquor's done before the performances have even started. What a pity.

When an older man appeared from the door leading to the interior of the place with a clipboard, she was curious about what was written on it. The showtime schedule? A list of drinks? When she heard him ask about Pierre she spoke up, "he went out the back door just a few moments ago. Is he needed urgently?"

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

Pierre head shot up to Dawn when he heard her spoke but there is no hint of recognition in his eyes, only fear and grief. "Laissez-moi...." He called out softly before looking angry at her."Laissez-moi traquille!" He called out more loudly. He coiled up bringing his knees up against his chest and buried his head between them, sobbing softly. "Fais ce que tu veux avec moi. ça m'est égal."

Connor simply nodded in appreciation at the new face before leaving out the backdoor. And sure enough, there was Pierre, Dawn was also there but that was more of an after thought. His eyes locked onto the Frenchman that was curled up against the building, sobbing. "Dawn, go back inside. Make sure the tables are wiped down before more people come in. Pay attention to the ones furthest from the stage, they're usually the ones that get more rambunctious." As he spoke, he approached Pierre and crouched down, not a long trip really for someone his size.

"Pierre, écoute moi. Je ne ferai rien avant que tu me dises ce qui ne va pas."

Pierre, listen to me. I'm not going to do anything until you tell me.

"Just breathe," she repeated as Pierre cried. Dawn was growing more and more concerned by the moment when her boss walked out. He told her do go in and wipe tables. "O-okay," she said, a bit shaken up. She hesitated for a second before heading to the back door. She paused a second and looked back before opening the door. Even if Pierre snapped out of it before his set time in ten minutes, he'd probably need some time to calm down. "Do you want me to ask the performers that are already in there if they're willing to trade slots with him?" she asked, just wanting to be helpful, "He's supposed to be up first."

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

Connor sighed as he looked at the situation. He was certain that he could get Pierre to calm down, however he was also certain he couldn't do it in ten minutes. "Have Ms. Gavier and Mr. Walsh open as well as keep their time that's posted. Short notice, but I'm sure Ms. Gavier will be thankful for it. Pierre will have to sing only one song tonight."

Pierre remained silent apart from the odd sob and deep breaths for a few seconds. He suddenly began to rub his eyes with his palm as the tension in his body calmed and his breathing slowly calmed. He cursed softly as his mind cleared, he could feel his shirt was soaking wet with sweat yet he shivered as if he was cold.

He looked up at the two figures by him, this time with recognition but no joy or relief. This was about the two people he did not want to see him in this state. "I.. I.. Am fine. Sorry for worrying you all. I just need a change of shirt and can get to work." he said stoically as he tried to stand a little unsteadily.

Dawn was about to go inside but then she heard Pierre. She turned back around. He had snapped out of his panic but she could tell he wasn't completely ok. It probably wouldn't be the best for him to go up onstage and preform in a matter of minutes.

"I's fine hon," Dawn said with slight concern, "I'm sure Elle and Sully would be happy to go on first. Just take some time to cool down."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back