• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Blue Betty

Vudukudu

Farseer to the Warsong Clan
I was a highwayman

Along the coach roads I did ride

With sword and pistol by my side

Many a young maid lost her baubles to my trade

Many a soldier shed his lifeblood on my blade

The bastards hung me in the spring of '25

But I'm still alive.

I fly a starship

Across the universe divide

And when I reach the other side

I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can

Perhaps I may become a highwayman again

Or I may simply be a single drop of rain

But I will remain

And I'll be back again.

The year is 2194. Humanity has achieved Faster-Than-Light travel, and with it, we have spread across the stars. We live out our lives on a few planets and a fair number of space stations distributed across them.

Despite what you'd think, life is still rough for most of us. Two hundred years ago, people were saying "The future won't be pretty" , and they were right. Our cities are overcrowded, impoverished, and crime-ridden. The frontiers, those planets in the Border Systems, resemble the American Wild West of those ancient films. Cattle ranching and farming are a big deal again in places like those.

Space travel ain't cheap, and it certainly ain't easy. That's why so few people do it, and it's part of why each planet considers itself self-governing. It's rare to see people from other places unless you're among the super wealthy who can afford their own spacefaring vessel. Or, well..

The people like us. The adventurers, the rebellious ones, the thrill-seekers, the explorers, and the lost souls. It's people like us that crew the Blue Betty. She's a small vessel, mostly meant for carrying cargo, and she's got a working crew of six plus some others.

But it wouldn't be any fun if we just did some shipping, now would it? And on the Blue Betty, we're all about fun. We like to call it "Fair business" but most planetary governments call it smuggling, black marketeering, and some other downright rude things.

So come on in, find a bunk, and lets have us some fun times.

Futurisic - The Blue Betty | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

So there's the link, and an intro of sorts. For those of you thinking "Hey, this is like Firefly" you're not wrong.

What I'm looking for here is a 1v1 partner with some creativity and writing skill. I'll be GM'ing, which means I'll be playing most of the crew. You, whoever you are, will be playing the role of Captain in this plot.

If you're looking to apply, please PM me, and include a link to some of your previous writing so I can see what you've got.

Hey man, it has been awhile! Never done a 1x1 before, but this was one of the better RPs that I can recall. Wanna talk about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back