• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

mccnlitsky

unseelie
side note;;
contains mature themes.

win·ter
/ˈwin(t)ər/

noun
a time of everlasting frost, bringing with it dangerous beauty and the icy touch of death.

IMG_4461.JPG

| teaser |

Steam left her rosy lips in puffs as she panted, her heart pounding against the cage of her chest. Blood chilling screams echoed in her ears. The sounds of the wounded, the blood thirsty, of pure and unrelenting rage. Thick, crimson blood trickled from silver swords, dripping and staining the purely white snow beneath.

All around, mortals fought with the fae, wielding iron swords, baring suits of the deadly metal. A cry sounded behind her; the female moving with ethereal speed. The soldiers sword caught an arm covered in metal. The loud ringing of metal rang in her ears. Icy eyes gazed into brown as she thrusted her sword through their armor. A gasp left the soldiers mouth, and slowly all signs of life faded from their murky brown hues.

She didn't give them a second glance before moving onto the next enemy. All around metal clanked against metal. Mortal and faerie blood alike stained the ground beneath their feet. Evergreen trees surrounded the field she stood in, a few mortal soldiers fleeing into the canopy of the forest. Human after human fell in her wake, the bodies of mortals and faeries littering the ground.

Blood stained the porcelain skin of her cheek, the faerie slashing mortal after mortal. Whoever dared to get in her path. She was a blizzard; the cold metal of her swords ripping through the soft flesh of her enemy. Her footfalls were growing heavier by the minute, her energy slowly but surely beginning to extinguish.

The King of the Unseelie fought only a few yards away, tearing down the humans that dared to surround him. Bodies began to pile around him, screams of anguish leaving the mouths of those who fell prey to the bitter steel of the sword he wielded.

Chilly eyes fell upon the unseelie prince, his hands bound behind his back by iron chains. His eyes matched her own, the same icy blue orbs managing to catch hers. The King's Champion was a dozen meters away; the mortal soldiers doing their best to cause her to fall to their iron weapons. She was of the folk- no mortal would be able to bring her down with such a puny weapon, no matter how badly the metal burned her flesh.

A figure stepped out from behind her brother, a broad shouldered brute. In both hands, he held within his grasp an iron axe. In that fleeting moment, her heart froze in her chest. A woman stood behind her brother, a wide smirk on her face- the look of someone who knew triumph. That mortal woman held her dear brothers heart. He had loved her, cherished her, brought her into their world. Only for her to take him from his own. A snarl spread across the faeries chapped lips, her lips pulling back to show elongated canines.

Her eyes locked with her twin's as the large axe was lifted, understanding and reassurance flickering in the faerie princes eyes.

]"It's okay." her brother mouthed silently; even though it seemed the words had been spoken in his calming voice right beside her ear. Memories of the both of them flashed through her mind, growing up side by side. He was supposed to become king, and she was supposed to be his general, his second in command.

The mortals took that from her as the axe cleaved through the air.

An ear piercing scream tore itself from her lungs as the axe connected with her brothers neck, slicing through his flesh as if he hadn't even been there to begin with. His severed head fell to the ground with a thump that echoed through her ears. A feral cry left her lips as her father roared in anguish and rage. Everything within herself unleashed itself in a furious rage- static filling the air as thunder cracked in the distance.

She lost everything in that one, fleeting moment. Her brother, her father as she had known him, and the fire that had kept the winter in her heart at bay.

IMG_3041.JPG

| plot |

A kingdom crafted from old, it's inhabitants creatures of myth and legend. The fae are malicious beings, known for their tendency of war. The ethereal lands of the fair folk have been at peace, for a time. The folk have become nothing but legend to the mortals now, tales of the Mortal War told as mere myths. Humans grow closer and closer to the borders of Elfhiem, the home of the faeries.

King Oberon united the Seelie and Unseelie court after the Seelie Queen's death, the two courts now combined- though often at one another’s throats. After the Mortal War, he changed. Whispers carried on the wind of how his heart turned to ice. His son, Osiris Oberon, killed on the battlefield, lured away by a mortal lover. Leaving only Osiris's twin sister, Azrael. The kings last remaining kin, and his champion.

Unease has begun to stir within the court. Talk of another war on the horizon. Whilst the King does nothing to quell the gossip of his court- only sits on his throne of ice, unmoved.

A beast prowls the wood of Elfhiem- swift and cunning. The Kings Champion, Azrael, is sent to dispatch the creature, as well as any mortals she may find along the way. With moonlight lighting her way, she tracks the beast- discovering it, as well as what she assumes to be a mortal. Only, after defeating the creature, she discovers they are not only mortal, but a half-ling. Baring the mark of the dead Seelie queen upon their neck. With great distrust, Azrael agrees to bring them to her father. To let him determine if their half-fae heritage should allow them to stay within the fair folk.

| details and authors note |

- roleplay type; 1x1
- genre; fantasy, medieval, romance as a subplot is fine.
- setting; Elfhiem, a kingdom of all types of faeries; from goblins to pixies to elves.
- pairings; preferably BxG, although GxG is fine as well.
- extra; if you have any sort of inquiries, or merely would wish to do this roleplay with me, feel free to comment or just simply PM me! I am an advanced to novella roleplayer, and would prefer if my anyone desiring to do this roleplay with me was the same.

- authors note;
I’ve been working on this plot for quite some time. My OC, Azrael, has been in the works for a few years, and by far is my most advanced character. I am open to any sort of critiques anyone may have, and would appreciate them to further my writing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back