• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ⧫ The Black Hand ⧫ OOC ⧫

Main
Here
Characters
Here
A'ight, so before me and my notification bar fling ourselves by our bootstraps into this RP, I've a few questions!
  • How frequently would you be wanting posts?
  • What sort of detail are you looking for in posts? A couple of paragraphs, less/more?
  • I see a lot of people are creating/claiming/controlling multiple different characters. Is there any restriction on the amount of characters we are allowed to create? It seems to me like people are going all out in creating people in multiple different societal roles and fleshing out this world quite a lot.
  • Is there more lore coming to help us know a bit more about the gangs in questions which don't have as much info in the interest thread?
  • Would it be possible for one of the co-GMs to compile some kind of database/post keeping tabs on who has claimed which role in which family? I've only just read this thread and I'm already lost in who's claimed who, who's related to who, etc.
Thanks!

I like that change, because I have a feeling that most of the more public and influential figures of the Rp will be male just due to the time period. So someone intelligent and shadow-y being a woman is real cool to me.

What sort of connections did you have in mind, just a friend to cops then and knows a lot or would she have an active role in the force?
That's what I was thinking, too. It'll be more interesting having someone in her position in the rp not be male. Add that to the fact that women in that time period had to conform to strict gender roles and we have quite the juxtaposed character. It fits with the kind of personality I have in mind, as well, so I think it'll be a better fit.

I was aiming along the lines of her just being friendly at the start. She frequently supplies them with information in exchange for police secrets, rumors, or possibly even favors (rarely will she accept striaght-up cash; in her eyes, that's just boring). It all depends on how she wants things to play out. Her goal is to maintain her current quality of life while also having fun watching the mafias try and burn each other down to the ground. As things in the rp progress and situations become direr, she may wind up getting even closer to the cops, both for (hopeful) protection and because her own morals start kicking in. By that point in time, though, it's possible that the police will be no better off than if she'd asked for help from a mafia.

Gunnhildr Gunnhildr I’d probably expect to change the character sheet once or twice. Though maybe take it up with TheFool TheFool when he’s back tomorrow. He might be okay with doubles.

A'ight, so before me and my notification bar fling ourselves by our bootstraps into this RP, I've a few questions!
  • How frequently would you be wanting posts?
  • What sort of detail are you looking for in posts? A couple of paragraphs, less/more?
  • I see a lot of people are creating/claiming/controlling multiple different characters. Is there any restriction on the amount of characters we are allowed to create? It seems to me like people are going all out in creating people in multiple different societal roles and fleshing out this world quite a lot.
  • Is there more lore coming to help us know a bit more about the gangs in questions which don't have as much info in the interest thread?
  • Would it be possible for one of the co-GMs to compile some kind of database/post keeping tabs on who has claimed which role in which family? I've only just read this thread and I'm already lost in who's claimed who, who's related to who, etc.
Thanks!
These answers could vary depending if TheFool TheFool has something else in mind, but here’s my go at the answers;

Ideally, we want at least two-three paragraphs. We welcome more and some of us might over do it in that regard. But we don’t want many two liners. Posts should have substance.

The character limit for now should be a soft 4 - which could vary again. Either 3 or 5, so 4 is a safe middle ground so far. More or less whatever you can handle is the best advice.

There’s likely to be some more lore as we progress, but I think a good portion might be made by players in collaboration with the GM once the pivotal roles are claimed.

Once the roles are mostly claimed and ironclad, we’ll keep a document of connections.

Hello Hello! Seem's y'all have been busy here. Is there anyone who could update me on the taken roles? I'm not sure where to start

It seems like I've missed a lot of planning and claiming. Are there any roles still available that are needed - any gaps that haven't been filled yet?

I’m not at my computer at the moment so a lot of these questions on roles I can’t readily answer, but give me a few hours and I’ll get as accurate of a list up as I can! Or maybe Somnus Somnus can help if he’s available!

I’m not at my computer at the moment so a lot of these questions on roles I can’t readily answer, but give me a few hours and I’ll get as accurate of a list up as I can! Or maybe Somnus Somnus can help if he’s available!
I'm happy to wait. At this stage, I'd rather just make characters that I know are still needed. :)

Ok, so this is what I see so far. Italics means I think they're changing ideas or just threw out vague ideas at this stage. TAC TAC can fill in shortly with those not yet made public.

NOBODY CAN CLAIM REMAINING DONS YET - WAITING ON GM ( TheFool TheFool )

ALSO NOTE THIS IS JUST CLAIMS: ALL THIS COULD AND MAY CHANGE WHEN GM CATCHES UP WITH THE CHAOS

Sicillian Mafia Families:
Cavallaro:

Son: Somnus Somnus
Son: TheFool TheFool
Only Daughter: ailurophile ailurophile
Nephew: riorose riorose
Bookkeeper: Gunnhildr Gunnhildr

Limina:
Oldest Son: NewAgeBlack NewAgeBlack
Oldest Daughter: Misty Gray Misty Gray
Captain: Darth Darth

Scilabra:
Eldest Son: Braddington Braddington
Daughter: LittleWolfie LittleWolfie
Cousin: TAC TAC
deer deer

Other Mafioso:

Jewish Gangsters:

Co-leader: TAC TAC
Co-leader: Somnus Somnus

Irish MOB: [PRESENTLY CLOSED?]
Leader(?): TheFool TheFool

African-American:
Leader: RayPurchase RayPurchase
Mion Mion

Triads:
deer deer

Yakuza:
Leader: Mion Mion

Cubans:
Druglord's Daughter: riorose riorose
Kingpin: ReverseTex ReverseTex

Non-Mafia:

Police:

Chief: TAC TAC
Information Broker: Kipsy Kipsy
Detective: SkyGinge SkyGinge
Crooked Cop: High5ives High5ives

Others:
Strip club owner: ailurophile ailurophile
Stripper: deianeira deianeira
deer deer

Bookkeeper for one of the families: SirGrey SirGrey
Nephew of a family: SkyGinge SkyGinge
Niece of a family: SkyGinge SkyGinge
Associate for a family: Tempestus Tempestus

Misty Gray Misty Gray NewAgeBlack NewAgeBlack Darth Darth Thought you might appreciate this info!

Last edited:
Ok, so this is what I see so far. Italics means I think they're changing ideas or just threw out vague ideas at this stage. TAC TAC can fill in shortly with those not yet made public.

Cavallaro:

Limina: NO CLAIMS YET!

Scilabra:

deer deer

Other Mafioso:

Jewish Gangsters:

African-American:
RayPurchase RayPurchase
Mion Mion

Triads:
deer deer

Yakuza:

Cubans: NO CLAIMS YET!

Non-Mafia:

Police:

Others:
deer deer

Misty Gray Misty Gray NewAgeBlack NewAgeBlack Darth Darth Thought you might appreciate this info!
Kudos to you! Thanks so much for taking the time to make this.

Cavallaro:

Limina: NO CLAIMS YET!

Scilabra:

deer deer

Other Mafioso:

Jewish Gangsters:

African-American:
RayPurchase RayPurchase
Mion Mion

Triads:
deer deer

Yakuza:

Cubans: NO CLAIMS YET!

Non-Mafia:

Police:

Others:
deer deer

Thank you! Makes it a whole lot easier to see where we are

Are we going to incorporate roles that relate to the structure of the mob? Familial roles are important but it'd be cool to see certain roles that pertain to increasing and or enforcing power. From an underboss scheming to for more power, a captain overseeing a crime racket, or even a lowly soldier looking to rise up the ranks of the mafia.

I myself would be interested in a captain role for the Limina family.

Kipsy Kipsy Darth Darth : No worries guys :) ! I'll do my best to keep it updated until one of the GMs can make a more exhaustive post. Though I'm in England so I won't be able to keep up if things go mental over in American evening time (aka: writing hot-time)

Now that that's all a bit clearer, I've got a few ideas for characters. I'm thinking of playing two/three guys to start with - one with the police, and one a distant relative of one of the mafioso (and potentially his sister!). Can I get some clarity on the police from a co-GM though? I'm getting the impression so far that they're pretty corrupt as well and willing to side with certain mafia groups for their own gain. I was thinking of creating a slightly sociopathic Javert-style white-knight detective/cop with very strong, albeit hypocritical, moralistic views and a mission to take out the mafia. Would this fit with what you have in mind for the police?

The distant relative would be an arrogant, ambitious nephew of one of the Dons seeking to overcome the lack of power he's always felt due to being so far removed from the central family. I want to play him as flip-flopping between trying to escape the mafia and go and generally clumsily make a mess of his life, and desiring to instigate a revolution within the mafia that overturns the historical family structure that he sees as oppressing him. If I were to play his sister, she'd be a somewhat more down-to-earth character who's in it for the thrills at the start, but her empathy starts to make her question the morals of remaining in the mafia.

Gahhh too many ideas!!!!!!!!!!(and one more for EmPhAsIs - !)

NewAgeBlack NewAgeBlack Misty Gray Misty Gray I've added those into the chart!

SkyGinge SkyGinge is a real hero. Apart from paddy, associate ( possible leader that the Fool plays) of the Irish mob.

As for Mafia bosses, I think they are open but I don’t think anyone should claim those as of now. TheFool TheFool could have special ideas for them he wants to run down any potential claimants.

Are we going to incorporate roles that relate to the structure of the mob? Familial roles are important but it'd be cool to see certain roles that pertain to increasing and or enforcing power. From an underboss scheming to for more power, a captain overseeing a crime racket, or even a lowly soldier looking to rise up the ranks of the mafia.

I myself would be interested in a captain role for the Limina family.
Those types of subordinate roles are actively encouraged to help fill everything out!

Hey guys! Just to remind you the GM isn't around at the moment, so while the enthusiasm is great, it'd be nice to calm down a little so he doesn't get left behind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back