• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ⧫ The Black Hand ⧫ OOC ⧫

Main
Here
Characters
Here

Somnus

Nothing To See Here
Out of Character Chat for ⧫ The Black Hand ⧫ by TheFool TheFool

This is the place to discuss various things about the RP, including what roles everyone wants to take so we can all work out our stories.​

Attachments

• 1563980213514.png
    1563980213514.png
    232.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
What’s everyone planning? I’m hoping to grab one of the leading Jewish gangsters in the city and the police chief.

Alright so..

I'm creating a character for the Cavallaro family... And yes, the character will be the young adult that looks like a 15 years old girl (due to a disease) I mentioned before.

I'm still not sure of what position she will be in.. But I'm hoping for a position where she's trusted to find any traitors in the family while mainly doing something like paperwork (I made it that she wants action--like patrolling and such, but I decided that her starting point, in this RP, would be something akin to working on papers.)

Alright so..

I'm creating a character for the Cavallaro family... And yes, the character will be the young adult that looks like a 15 years old girl (due to a disease) I mentioned before.

I'm still not sure of what position she will be in.. But I'm hoping for a position where she's trusted to find any traitors in the family while mainly doing something like paperwork (I made it that she wants action--like patrolling and such, but I decided that her starting point, in this RP, would be something akin to working on papers.)
So would she be some kind of accountant for whatever business the family uses as a front? On paper she’s there to balance their numbers and maybe she does, but she keeps track of payroll for the family + associates and handles recording specific jobs that need to be done? That sounds like a pretty important position to me.

I've got a son of the now deceased Don of the Cavallaro family, and the other prominent Jewish Gangster.

Hi all! I'm Ail, and I'm going to be playing Bianca Cavallaro, Attilio's only daughter, plus Crystal Adler, owner of the Lady Luck strip club, and her two children. For now. Til TheFool TheFool starts beating me in terms of numbers.

I've got a son of the now deceased Don of the Cavallaro family, and the other prominent Jewish Gangster.
Hi all! I'm Ail, and I'm going to be playing Bianca Cavallaro, Attilio's only daughter, plus Crystal Adler, owner of the Lady Luck strip club, and her two children. For now. Til TheFool TheFool starts beating me in terms of numbers.
What’s the deal with the Cavallaro family? They used to be the top dogs (or currently are?), so what’ve they been up to?

So would she be some kind of accountant for whatever business the family uses as a front? On paper she’s there to balance their numbers and maybe she does, but she keeps track of payroll for the family + associates and handles recording specific jobs that need to be done? That sounds like a pretty important position to me.
Yes! That's it! But now that you mention it, hmm.. You made it sound hard but...I think I'll be able to do it. It may not be the best, but I will certainly give my all. That is, if you would let me play such a role.

What’s the deal with the Cavallaro family? They used to be the top dogs (or currently are?), so what’ve they been up to?
They're currently the head honchos of the city, mostly due to the actions and reputation of their patriach: Don Attilio, but since he's dead now, there's obviously a power vacuum with the family, and since cracks are starting to appear, I imagine the other families will try and exploit that and push the Cavallaro's out of the top spot.

So there are going to be one son and one daughter? Well, until more person decided to make more children of Don Attilio..

Yes! That's it! But now that you mention it, hmm.. You made it sound hard but...I think I'll be able to do it. It may not be the best, but I will certainly give my all. That is, if you would let me play such a role.
Forde/TheFool is Gm but in his steed I can totally say yes, I don’t think that’d be an issue to have a bookie of some kind!
Mourning our beloved father, and being the best family around. I thought it was obvious.
That’s remarkably vague.

So there are going to be one son and one daughter? Well, until more person decided to make more children of Don Attilio.
I know TheFool TheFool is making a son as well, so there'll be at least two. ailurophile ailurophile wants to be the only daughter, but I don't see the issue with having more sons if people want the characters, then of course I imagine Attilio will have brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, maybe a few cousins.

They're currently the head honchos of the city, mostly due to the actions and reputation of their patriach: Don Attilio, but since he's dead now, there's obviously a power vacuum with the family, and since cracks are starting to appear, I imagine the other families will try and exploit that and push the Cavallaro's out of the top spot.
What’s the son like though? Has he been active in the criminal world or is he new to this, having played it relatively straight and safe with the law?

What’s the son like though? Has he been active in the criminal world or is he new to this, having played it relatively straight and safe with the law?
He's been a fairly active, if not essential, member of his father's operations. Right now I'm imagining him as fairly under qualified, certainly not as domineering as his father, which will make his ascension to head of the family shaky at best.

He's been a fairly active, if not essential, member of his father's operations. Right now I'm imagining him as fairly under qualified, certainly not as domineering as his father, which will make his ascension to head of the family shaky at best.
That’s very interesting, what do you believe he’s most qualified for? Is he a smooth talker or more of an intimidating thug? Maybe more academic and helps with the intake of profits and keeping margins high? As an integral member of the strongest families clique i’d Expect him to have a very important role!

Well I was going to add a daughter of the now deceased Don but it seems that's not an option anymore :/

You could come join one of the other two main families! I myself will be playing the eldest son of the head of the Scilabra family. I do believe TAC TAC is playing a cousin coming over from Sicily. So there is always room!

You could come join one of the other two main families! I myself will be playing the eldest son of the head of the Scilabra family. I do believe TAC TAC is playing a cousin coming over from Sicily. So there is always room!
That I am! She’s being gay sent to investigate why the family hasn’t taken over Black mills yet. She’ll definitely be a pressure on the traditional Sicilian family!

That’s very interesting, what do you believe he’s most qualified for? Is he a smooth talker or more of an intimidating thug? Maybe more academic and helps with the intake of profits and keeping margins high? As an integral member of the strongest families clique i’d Expect him to have a very important role!
He's very qualified at being on the receiving end of nepotism.

If anyone is interested, the Triads, Yakuza( Mion Mion still making your character?) and Cuban gangs are all still uninhabited. While not as prominent as the Italian mafias I believe they are all forces in the city!

Likewise, as co-head of the Jewish mob and the police chief, both groups are open for new recruits!

He's very qualified at being on the receiving end of nepotism.
A man after my own heart.

Last edited:
ailurophile ailurophile Ooh, could I make one of Crystal's girls? A stripper getting involved with the mafia is just an interesting idea to me!

As for myself, I was planning on making the wife of one of the dons, though I may drop the idea if ^^^ is allowed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back