• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy THE BEAST INSIDE [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
What would happen if it just turned out that we all have more stealth/espionage skill sets and abilities? If that happened would section 8's applications reflect that? I guess what I am asking is if the characters just happened to go in that direction, would the plot have us acting more like spies than a strike team? I am not proposing anything, nor do I have too much of a preference, it is a hypothetical I felt the need to bring up.
The RP is supposed to be about a strike team, but if that just doesn't make sense anymore I'd have to change it 🤷‍♂️

A strike team is still certainly feasible. Just cause someone is not naturally combat-oriented does not mean they are unable to be apart of a combat-oriented team. Not every person on a SWAT team or apart of special forces in the military is some big, muscle-y guy who cares only about guns and weapons and is physically built to be a warrior. All shapes and sizes and personalities make up these teams. Not only that, but you need a mix of people and skills and talents in order to make the team more effective. A few patient, stealthy and tactics-oriented people is a good addition to the mix, and a good influence to those larger and more blundering teammates. You need stealth, and you definitely needs tactics, to make such a team effective. And if put in the right environment and given the proper training, finding that inner warrior is something all people are capable of.

All that to say, I personally do not see the issue in having a mix of skill sets in the group’s make-up.

Not to mention Jaz would not flourish in an espionage setting anyway. She crumples under the stress of silence.

I’m thinking of making a guy who has a very, very short temper that turns into aggression. His ability would be density changing; he could become solid and immovable or light as a feather and able to walk through walls.

how does that sound? Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze

I’m thinking of making a guy who has a very, very short temper that turns into aggression. His ability would be density changing; he could become solid and immovable or light as a feather and able to walk through walls.

how does that sound? Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze
Hm. The idea is that every Beastmaster can innately use Okrah, which is essentially a form of energy that can become any other kind of energy. Their ability to do so is a direct reflection of how their brains work, because the actual process is far too complicated for a human mind to process. Therefore, they can only do one thing (generally) and it's a pretty straight-forward thing. Basically what I'm saying is sure, but you can only become heavier or lighter (pick one) and I don't really see how having a low density allows you to walk through walls but I mean whatever.

_Exodus_ _Exodus_
There are not many aquatic animals, so I reckon the Orca would be better. But, it's your decision anyway, so just pick whatever you think is best and which one you would enjoy more! =D

Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Quick concept approval check: My idea is for my character to be a chameleon soul with the Okrah of concentrated bolts of force. These bolts require no more matter other than what is in the atmosphere and have offensive capabilities similar to firearms (I don't know enough about guns to give specific examples). I was thinking that in some situations he can concentrate and change the parameters of these bolts, but at the end of the day he still only has the power to fire force bolts. He couldn't make them incendiary or curve his shot, but he maybe could increase or decrease their range or power. I am going for something of a gunslinger/marksman theme with this. I say both gunslinger and marksman, because my initial idea is to have his insanity be, in part, multiple personalities. Just two as of now, but they would have unique dispositions and skill sets. One would be the gunslinger and the other would be the marksman, among other differences. He cannot be both at any given moment. Versatile he may be, he must choose. I'm also considering what could serve as the trigger that would switch him between the two, my running idea being he must stare at his reflection for a set amount of time, which would limit how this is used in time sensitive situations and/or combat.

All that said, I know Canth Canth already chose DID for Jaz. If it is preferred that there be only one of each diagnosis, or if Canth would feel copied and would prefer I not do that, I will think of something else no problem. Just say the word. That goes for pretty much any detail mentioned above. If the marksman bit steps on Trent's toes too much, I'll come up with something else.

I’m fine with having another with similar mental illness, it’s ridiculous to think out of all of them not a single two would suffer similar diagnoses.

Im planning on going more the schizophrenia route, and focus on her distracted-ness and the voices that plague her. When taking her medication, the voices are mostly quelled, though she does exhibit side effects in the headaches and nausea and a lowered ability to handle stress. When taken off for short periods of time, the voices return and her DID comes out in the mood swings and seemingly sudden and random shifts in her behavior. This is when her more combat-aggressive self shows itself.

So, for the average stealth mission requiring tact and skill, on her medication. For something requiring no tact and a more aggressive response, off her medication. If they can plan it to work out that way, of course. It takes about twenty-four hours for the medication to leave her system and a little longer for her mind to start regressing. And then on the back half, similar amounts of time for the medication to take effect.

That’s the idea, anyway. I think I’m gonna have her DID be early onset and she was diagnosed as a child, and the schizophrenia was adult-onset and only diagnosed within the past year.

Last edited:
Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Quick concept approval check: My idea is for my character to be a chameleon soul with the Okrah of concentrated bolts of force. These bolts require no more matter other than what is in the atmosphere and have offensive capabilities similar to firearms (I don't know enough about guns to give specific examples). I was thinking that in some situations he can concentrate and change the parameters of these bolts, but at the end of the day he still only has the power to fire force bolts. He couldn't make them incendiary or curve his shot, but he maybe could increase or decrease their range or power. I am going for something of a gunslinger/marksman theme with this. I say both gunslinger and marksman, because my initial idea is to have his insanity be, in part, multiple personalities. Just two as of now, but they would have unique dispositions and skill sets. One would be the gunslinger and the other would be the marksman, among other differences. He cannot be both at any given moment. Versatile he may be, he must choose. I'm also considering what could serve as the trigger that would switch him between the two, my running idea being he must stare at his reflection for a set amount of time, which would limit how this is used in time sensitive situations and/or combat.

All that said, I know Canth Canth already chose DID for Jaz. If it is preferred that there be only one of each diagnosis, or if Canth would feel copied and would prefer I not do that, I will think of something else no problem. Just say the word. That goes for pretty much any detail mentioned above. If the marksman bit steps on Trent's toes too much, I'll come up with something else.
That sounds fine to me. Trent isn't always going to be there after all, and having two marksmen wouldn't hurt.

I’m fine with having another with similar mental illness, it’s ridiculous to think out of all of them not a single two would suffer similar diagnoses.

Im planning on going more the schizophrenia route, and focus on her distracted-ness and the voices that plague her. When taking her medication, the voices are mostly quelled, though she does exhibit side effects in the headaches and nausea and a lowered ability to handle stress. When taken off for short periods of time, the voices return and her DID comes out in the mood swings and seemingly sudden and random shifts in her behavior. This is when her more combat-aggressive self shows itself.

So, for the average stealth mission requiring tact and skill, on her medication. For something requiring no tact and a more aggressive response, off her medication. If they can plan it to work out that way, of course. It takes about twenty-four hours for the medication to leave her system and a little longer for her mind to start regressing. And then on the back half, similar amounts of time for the medication to take effect.

That’s the idea, anyway. I think I’m gonna have her DID be early onset and she was diagnosed as a child, and the schizophrenia was adult-onset and only diagnosed within the past year.
Yeah no worries on the similar mental illnesses for me neither.

I want to point out that medication in this world is far more advanced and the army is not afraid of sticking whatever's going to keep you fighting in you.

Question: what kind of medication would my guy get if he’s overly aggressive?
Horse tranquilizer. I'm no doctor, it's just supposed to exist😅

Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze
Would underground beast master fight clubs be a thing? I’m thinking of having my character been apart of one in the past
Well, they wouldn't exist in a commercial way. Do the Wings of Injustice sometimes fight? Yes. Do people look on? For sure, but I imagine that's not what you're looking for (and you definitely haven't been in the Wings of Injustice) On the other hand, if the camp you ended up in liked to make the prisoners fight each other for their own amusement that's entirely fine.

Question: what kind of medication would my guy get if he’s overly aggressive?
You’d probably get a mood stabilizer or something with side effects that make you sleepy. Examples of both
Mood stabilizer: Prozac, Wellbutrin, Trileptal
Drowsy Side Effects: Ativan, Xanax, Trazodone
I work in a pharmacy so I know a little about medicine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back