• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy THE BEAST INSIDE [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
So, I thought I had read somewhere that characters could either fully or partially transform, but I can’t find it anywhere, so I’m either going crazy or missing it. Either way, I wanted some further info on the transforming aspect of the characters. If a character was to fully transform into their designated animal spirit, would they be the normal size of that animal? Or like, a larger person-sized version of that animal? or do they instead just have different physical features of their animal spirit?

or do they not transform at all and am I just making this all up?

The original reboot page isn't linked (which I believe some of these questioned answered in them in the spoiler tag)
Here's the link to the actual reboot thread, the spoiler tag is at the bottom of it. Not sure if it'd answer everything but hopefully some of it will be answered.

Ah yes, it was all in the spoiler tag for the most part, thanks. I had read through that but when I went back to reread, I forgot to click on that and thought I had just imagined it

Okay, I have a question! How did our characters get picked to be apart of Project 8? Did we come voluntarily?? Or, did the government (whoever's the boss) forced us to join?

Okay, I have a question! How did our characters get picked to be apart of Project 8? Did we come voluntarily?? Or, did the government (whoever's the boss) forced us to join?
Great question that I kind of realized I hadn't answered when I was away from an internet connection! It's illegal just to be a beastmaster, so all existing ones are either in internment camps, part of the WoI, or unknown to the government. Those last two are not something the government can pick from. You are all from internment camps.

Ah yes, it was all in the spoiler tag for the most part, thanks. I had read through that but when I went back to reread, I forgot to click on that and thought I had just imagined it
Going to get a lore page set up when I can, it'll keep all this shit organized 😅

Great question that I kind of realized I hadn't answered when I was away from an internet connection! It's illegal just to be a beastmaster, so all existing ones are either in internment camps, part of the WoI, or unknown to the government. Those last two are not something the government can pick from. You are all from internment camps.
Okie, that clears up a lot of things! After I've done some research about some mental disorders and weasels (after hours of watching a bunch of animal documentaries, I've finally chosen my animal soul!), I'll start filling up that form! =D Thanks a lot!
Originally, I was gonna put my character in a lab environment where she will be constantly experimented or tortured on, but I thought that it would be way too edgy and traumatic for my character (I'm not 'THAT' type of writer). XD I'll think of something else in the meantime.

Okie, that clears up a lot of things! After I've done some research about some mental disorders and weasels (after hours of watching a bunch of animal documentaries, I've finally chosen my animal soul!), I'll start filling up that form! =D Thanks a lot!
Originally, I was gonna put my character in a lab environment where she will be constantly experimented or tortured on, but I thought that it would be way too edgy and traumatic for my character (I'm not 'THAT' type of writer). XD I'll think of something else in the meantime.
Also kind of unlikely, sure there are experiments carried out on beastmasters, but those wouldn't be picked as soldiers seeing as the experiments could've altered them. You can be as edgy as you want though, some of your kind are being treated like the jews during the holocaust.

Also holy shit, the only cs so far picked kleptomania which would've been perfect for a weasel! 😩

Also kind of unlikely, sure there are experiments carried out on beastmasters, but those wouldn't be picked as soldiers seeing as the experiments could've altered them. You can be as edgy as you want though, some of your kind are being treated like the jews during the holocaust.

Also holy shit, the only cs so far picked kleptomania which would've been perfect for a weasel! 😩
Oof! Yeah! You're right! XD It would've been the perfect mink!
Ha! Get it? Cause I switched out mix to mink, which is a part of the weasel family!... Yup... =D That's my time to leave XD But seriously though, I can't wait to get this rp started! XD

Ha! Get it? Cause I switched out mix to mink, which is a part of the weasel family!... Yup... =D That's my time to leave XD But seriously though, I can't wait to get this rp started! XD
"Why don't you make like a tree and fuck off"

You still have a sheet you need to put in order, get to it, son! I'm excited to see what people come up with.

I put my CS up. Let me know if there’s anything you need switched out or some lore I missed. I’m happy to change things around if necessary : )

I put my CS up. Let me know if there’s anything you need switched out or some lore I missed. I’m happy to change things around if necessary : )
Very good! I just wanted to point out that each member of Project 8 would have very precise control over their partial transformation, so restricting yourself to one form there is unnecessary. You could make just one wing if you felt like it, or just talons, or just the neck to look around 360 degrees if you wanted to.

Nobody straight up combat oriented yet! I'm not complaining, but remember that you are soldiers supposed to fight the greatest threat that has ever arisen in this universe.

And I endorse the use of very peculiar animals! Tarantula hawks, black widows(poison) mantis shrimp(punching so hard you create light), fishing spiders(walk on water), hawks(super sight), dogs (super smell), you get the idea. Fuck, maybe even a tardigrade! Though that would be weird to implement.

What would happen if it just turned out that we all have more stealth/espionage skill sets and abilities? If that happened would section 8's applications reflect that? I guess what I am asking is if the characters just happened to go in that direction, would the plot have us acting more like spies than a strike team? I am not proposing anything, nor do I have too much of a preference, it is a hypothetical I felt the need to bring up.

Very good! I just wanted to point out that each member of Project 8 would have very precise control over their partial transformation, so restricting yourself to one form there is unnecessary. You could make just one wing if you felt like it, or just talons, or just the neck to look around 360 degrees if you wanted to.
Sounds good, thanks! I’ll go back in and address that once I get another few free minutes.

Im planning on playing Jaz as more stealth and tactics when adhering to her medication. When she is taken off her medication, she is more combat-oriented, her usual restraint gone and her ability to distinguish between right and wrong, enemy or ally, is diminished. Sort of a, take her off her medication and send her in as point sort of deal. That’s the plan at least. We’ll see how it plays out.

I can see about changing his illness if you'd like.

Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze
I have posted my CS on the Characters page, feel free to check it out! If you feel any of the information I've provided needs a bit of fixing, then please feel free to let me know and I’ll try and tweak it to the best of my ability! =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back