• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings The Basement

Hi all! I’ve recently been into this horror/romance idea loosely based off a book I read recently. You wouldn’t have had to read it in order to RP this but if you’re curious it’s called Subcantean by Alex Reed!

Muse A is a super senior at college, unsure of their direction in life. They recently pooled together with several friends in order to rent an old house right off of campus. It’s an odd house with some strange… additions, weirdly hidden rooms, passages in walls, etc. so when Muse A finds a mysterious set of stairs beneath their bed, the first person they tell is Muse B, their roommate, best friend, and secret long time crush. They find the stairs lead to a big room beneath the ground, beige carpet and pinboard walls with eerie yellow lights. There doesn’t seem to be a light switch, but the lights are always on. Several doors lead off of the main room, ending in dead end rooms filled with archaic furniture. But a few lead to more hall ways, more doors, more rooms, stairs and so on. At first they don’t think much of it and use the extra space to hold parties and store extra things. Muse A and B are the only two who seem remotely interested in what goes beyond the main room, especially once they realize just how endless the Basement is.

Muse A is glad to have something in common with Muse B, something to maybe finally bring them together. But the further they venture the more… confusing things get. Doors seem to switch around and they begin to find odd anomalies, such as a swimming pools in kitchens or completely vertical hallways diving straight into the ground. And what’s worse, there may be other things down there. Other versions of Muse A and B from other realities who find themselves lost in the endless abyss of rooms and halls. Some not so friendly as themselves, lost and angry.

Muse A becomes obsessed with the Basement (with a capital B) hoping, again, that this shared secret can bring them together. But what were to happen if they lost their way home?

For this I would love to play Muse A! I’m leaning towards a FxM or a MxM pairing. If we were to go with FxM I would prefer to play F. I can write anywhere from a few paragraphs per reply to a novella length reply, really depending on my partner. i’m into darker subjects and really want to play on the horror of this plot so if you have a lot of triggers this may not be the story for you. I’m in school and have a job so I’m most available on weekends but I can usually ooc most any time! (I also prefer to create a server on discord for the RP or use PMs on sight). Also, lastly, please be 20+. Im 22 and don’t feel comfortable writing this type of plot with anyone younger. Thank you!

Hi! I would be interested in an MxM, but I'll tell you up front that I'm 19 right now (20 in January). I understand if this makes you uncomfortable, no worries at all, but if you'd still like to try it then shoot me a PM!

I’m sorry I’m closing this for now! I have a few hits so I think I’m beyond my capacity atm but if anything changes I’ll revive this thread :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back