• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Aspect Saga: OOC

T
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

Eight centuries have passed since the Dragon War shattered the Continent. Eight hundred years since the Aspect Dragons exiled themselves from the material plane. But the past they buried will not remain that way for long...​
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Baconhands Baconhands So when gold/purple lineaged have the arcana aspect, what does that entail? What would arcana be considered, magic-wise?

Also, what is the inheritence pattern when two different lineaged people produce offspring? 50/50, one or the other, but not both? Is there a chance a child might not inherit either lineage at all?

That is a good question. For sake of ease, it is 50/50.
I had some form of complicated system where one trumps the other dependent on the lineaged involved. It's in a hidden file on my laptop but I believe it is hidden for a reason. Simply because I think I don't understand it.
tldr: 50/50

Got it. Mah boi is coming from a brass father and bronze mother, inheriting the brass lineage.

I do have a question though, how and where is everyone going to meet to find these artifacts? From what I understand everyone is coming from different parts in the world. Did they all get a letter or something?

I do have a question though, how and where is everyone going to meet to find these artifacts? From what I understand everyone is coming from different parts in the world. Did they all get a letter or something?
Everyone will be in Volk at some point. For now, the characters have heard about the first artefact being found through their own means. This could simply be a rumour, some sort of spy network etc.
The rumours say it was found in Volk. I imagine a lot of the initial run in would be by chance but I suppose that at least a few characters have connections that could lead them to Kadri.

Everyone will be in Volk at some point. For now, the characters have heard about the first artefact being found through their own means. This could simply be a rumour, some sort of spy network etc.
The rumours say it was found in Volk. I imagine a lot of the initial run in would be by chance but I suppose that at least a few characters have connections that could lead them to Kadri.
Ohhh ok, thanks! I figured to mention it since I'm trying to think of a reason why my guy even bothered to look for these artifacts, not to mention I'm going to deal with a bit of isolationism with the community where he comes from.

Can lineaged sense each other? Do they have a noticeable aura, or can they disguise themselves simply by covering up their scales?

Can lineaged sense each other? Do they have a noticeable aura, or can they disguise themselves simply by covering up their scales?
I'd say it's an uncanny, albeit extremely minor, sense of familiarity. Sort of akin to a thing of blink and you'll miss it. Scales are the biggest give away and would definitely be the only way to confirm it for certain.

Last edited:
Hi there. SilverFlight SilverFlight steered me here. Out of curiosity, what are the priests like in this setting? To what degree does the worship/veneration of the Aspects vary from, say, the Commonwealth, the Empire and the Kingdom? My impression is who they worship is certainly different but given it's a pantheon, what are the common elements among all clergy (if any)?

Are the eleven teachings of Haven detailed anywhere? Would someone from the Empire's Volk know them, or have their own forms of them? Or the Phoenix Kingdom for that matter?

Just trying to get a sense of how faith is handled in this setting.

Epiphany Epiphany
Heya! The only place where veneration of specific Aspects on a country wide level would be different is the Phoenix Kingdom/Kingdom of Fire (same place but I'm rebranding it atm). Here, Sendrin is considered superior to all.
Regarding the others, it would be more on an occupational basis. For example, doctors would generally venerate Olikah more; scholars would venerate Awramaar; smiths and metalworkers would be the Aspect of Metal. I can add a list to the table of Aspect Dragons if that would help!

The eleven teachings are detailed somewhere but not in this thread. I can also forward them to you if you would like!

Last edited:
I would love to see what you have.

If Aspects are aligned to occupations, where do priests fit in then?

Priests provide guidance and initiate final rites. They conduct funerals, and can officiate marriages (if rhey're lineaged of Sendrin). They tell the stories not widely published.
Some claim to be able to communicate with the Aspect Dragons.
But most aren't just priests; most choose an Aspect Dragon to worship and attempt to perfect a craft perceived to be connected to that Aspect. Priests who are also lineaged are stereotyped early on but nothing is stopping say a lineaged of Sendrin from trying to follow Selta.

Regarding the 11 teachings, I am going to have to root around in my word documents for them tomorrow. I thought I'd put them on rpn somewhere and as it turns out, I have not.
Epiphany Epiphany

Users who are viewing this thread

Back