• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Annals of Aenodathen: Tyigbiam's Outlier

candied pig blood

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The Swampwalkers are a race of humanoids found deep within the unforgiving swamplands of Tyigbiam, located a days journey outside the kingdom of Aenodathen. The origin of the swampwalkers dates back to the year 1289, wherein one of the biggest wars across Aboris was sieged. Cities and small towns alike fell to raids all across the continent. Those who took refuge within the walls of kingdoms had a higher chance of survival, but the outlook was still grim. Those too far away from castle walls, however, were quickly wiped out by opposing armies. The story goes that there had used to be a town on the outskirts of the Tyigbiam, one that fled deep into the heart of the swamplands upon receiving news of war. There they stayed, unable to send or receive information in worry that their hiding spot would be uncovered and they would be laid to waste like the rest. Months turned into years , but the town never remerged. Most had assumed that the malevolent creatures within the swamplands made quick work of the town, while others speculated that they had simply come to embrace the solitude.

Hi! My name is Dolly, I'm a literate writer, and I'm looking to hopefully play in a fantasy story based around an adventurer and a homebrew race of mine, the swampwalker. Now, don't be put off by their name just yet, because swampwalkers are not as gross as they sound (I promise). Swampwalkers, like I wrote above, are a humanoid race found within the deep heart of Tyigbiam, a massive expanse of swamplands. This race is a melting pot of other races, as the town they were from originally was chock-full of all types of fantasy species. Because of this, many swampwalkers closely resemble beings of their most recent ancestry. For instance, a swampwalker with heavy elven ancestry will still have elven features. The most noticeable and discernable feature in swampwalkers are their skin, which always has a green tint due to their consistent consumption and contact with the water of the swamp over millennia of generations. Swampwalkers also tend to have frizzy, curly, or wavy hair due to the humidity of the swamp. Though Aenodathen has a northern climate and isn't the sunniest of places, the swamp is still very humid. Think of hot springs in the middle of tundras- it's sort of like that. Ideally, I'd like for you to play as the adventurer from the city within the kingdom of Aenodathen who discovers an odd character creeping about the city, my swampwalker who has left their cloister, also in search of adventure. If this sounds like it's up your alley, feel free to shoot me a message and we can fully flesh out the plot together!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back