• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Amalgam Universe: A New Crusade {OOC}

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Nellancholy Nellancholy you're character seems to be balanced well and her power is really interesting (I don't think I've really come across someone who's used Slime physiology, so this will be interesting). I'm also loving the concept of the Satori bar. I think some neat things could transpire there muahahahaha!!!

Strategos Strategos Mayor Rookstone is sounds like he could be a bit of a barrier for the vigilantes, should his moral compass override their need. Maybe he'll have access to something that they'll need at some point?! who knoooowwss. I am curious how Mayor Rookstone stands on the Zucco Crime Family, since they run the majority of the criminal underworld? I know he worked close with The Batman, but now it sounds like he may be willing to extend an olive branch towards the Crime Family on the grounds that they try and keep their business on the low, or out of the public eye.
I'm also a little concerned for the character because I don't know how hands on he'll be. These characters work outside of the Law and the Mayor is the Law, lol. I'm just thinking how the narrative is going to demand the characters to be someplace that wouldn't make sense for the mayor to be at. Just something to think about.

SpazTheButcher SpazTheButcher You weren't kidding when you said Ray as The Punisher, lol. Love the character, and it kinda reminds me of Jim Carrey's character from Kick-Ass. I think it's going to be interesting to see how your character interacts with the other vigilantes.

R U S T R U S T absolutely loved Rorschach in the Watchmen (both the movie and comic book). I think he's going to be an excellent FOIL character for others who wrote their characters to be more "by the book". In regards to his weaknesses, is there anything big? Or is his only weakness that he's mortal?

noxrequiem noxrequiem a telepath, eh? I appreciate the limitations placed on her telepathy, and I'm always encouraging the development of their powers and abilities later on—so I can't wait to see where you take her. Really nice setting up her weaknesses as well! (and I love the reference to Mask of the Phantasm, if that's what you were even going for, lmao).

Thank you! (Yeah I guess I shouldn't be surprised you caught the Mask to the Phantasm thing lol but surprised me a bit bc not many people I know personally have seen it. Wanted to find a name fitting to Cordelia's powers while making a small reference to previous Batman stuff. Plus Cordelia and Andrea do share some similarities, especially in the story I originally used Cordelia from lol)

Anyway I'm super excited for this one!

I was going to join as the Question or some variation thereof, but would that be redundant with Rorschach already in the RP?

Last edited:
Nellancholy Nellancholy you're character seems to be balanced well and her power is really interesting (I don't think I've really come across someone who's used Slime physiology, so this will be interesting). I'm also loving the concept of the Satori bar. I think some neat things could transpire there muahahahaha!!!

Strategos Strategos Mayor Rookstone is sounds like he could be a bit of a barrier for the vigilantes, should his moral compass override their need. Maybe he'll have access to something that they'll need at some point?! who knoooowwss. I am curious how Mayor Rookstone stands on the Zucco Crime Family, since they run the majority of the criminal underworld? I know he worked close with The Batman, but now it sounds like he may be willing to extend an olive branch towards the Crime Family on the grounds that they try and keep their business on the low, or out of the public eye.
I'm also a little concerned for the character because I don't know how hands on he'll be. These characters work outside of the Law and the Mayor is the Law, lol. I'm just thinking how the narrative is going to demand the characters to be someplace that wouldn't make sense for the mayor to be at. Just something to think about.

SpazTheButcher SpazTheButcher You weren't kidding when you said Ray as The Punisher, lol. Love the character, and it kinda reminds me of Jim Carrey's character from Kick-Ass. I think it's going to be interesting to see how your character interacts with the other vigilantes.

R U S T R U S T absolutely loved Rorschach in the Watchmen (both the movie and comic book). I think he's going to be an excellent FOIL character for others who wrote their characters to be more "by the book". In regards to his weaknesses, is there anything big? Or is his only weakness that he's mortal?

noxrequiem noxrequiem a telepath, eh? I appreciate the limitations placed on her telepathy, and I'm always encouraging the development of their powers and abilities later on—so I can't wait to see where you take her. Really nice setting up her weaknesses as well! (and I love the reference to Mask of the Phantasm, if that's what you were even going for, lmao).
I like how much thought you’re giving into a political figure XD So my idea is, right, that he’s a false ally of the vigilantes - I did mention earlier I was interested in being an antagonist (Also so that you don’t have the burden of being the only “villain” in the story).
If anything, he probably publicly denounces and works actively to undermine the Zucco crime family, but works incredibly closely with them to control the city. He may work with Batman and the vigilantes to keep the crime family in check, while also working with the crime family to make sure that crime still exists to give the people of Arkham City something to be distracted with while he consolidates more power and control both in the political theatre and the criminal underworld.

He manipulates the law and uses it to his whim, though he does an incredibly good job at flexing his authority without abusing it. He is morally ambiguous - he’s not necessarily evil nor good. He’s a sort of “puppet master” type of schemer, the kind who has an ultimate goal beyond either parties’ interests. His priority is simple; Order and Control.

This way, I think there are plenty of opportunities for the vigilantes to interact with the mayor. He could even be the primary reason behind Batman’s dissapearance, maybe the vigilantes start off already suspicious of the mayor despite being unable to pin him to anything, or maybe that suspicion grows by the story as it develops and more and more strange “coincidences” happen that tells them that the mayor is not truly honest.

Though of course in light of “The Batman”, I think it’s important to distinguish that even though the Mayor is not fully honest, he never lies. He makes a point to never lie, a virtue of his character if you will.

What do you think? :D

Truth be told I drew a lot of inspiration not just from the Punisher, but mostly from Travis Bickle in the Taxi Driver and the cards + hat came from Lt Col Bill Kilgore in Apocalypse Now.

Where the comic says that he’s still a human being but yes I would say that he’s mortal.

I’m having a terrible in time in elden ring so now I seek this.

I like how much thought you’re giving into a political figure XD So my idea is, right, that he’s a false ally of the vigilantes - I did mention earlier I was interested in being an antagonist (Also so that you don’t have the burden of being the only “villain” in the story).
If anything, he probably publicly denounces and works actively to undermine the Zucco crime family, but works incredibly closely with them to control the city. He may work with Batman and the vigilantes to keep the crime family in check, while also working with the crime family to make sure that crime still exists to give the people of Arkham City something to be distracted with while he consolidates more power and control both in the political theatre and the criminal underworld.

He manipulates the law and uses it to his whim, though he does an incredibly good job at flexing his authority without abusing it. He is morally ambiguous - he’s not necessarily evil nor good. He’s a sort of “puppet master” type of schemer, the kind who has an ultimate goal beyond either parties’ interests. His priority is simple; Order and Control.

This way, I think there are plenty of opportunities for the vigilantes to interact with the mayor. He could even be the primary reason behind Batman’s dissapearance, maybe the vigilantes start off already suspicious of the mayor despite being unable to pin him to anything, or maybe that suspicion grows by the story as it develops and more and more strange “coincidences” happen that tells them that the mayor is not truly honest.

Though of course in light of “The Batman”, I think it’s important to distinguish that even though the Mayor is not fully honest, he never lies. He makes a point to never lie, a virtue of his character if you will.

What do you think? :D
Of course, of course! I don't want you to be left out of the all good interactions and what not. Like if characters end up at a museum due to a heist or something, I was just worried how Mayor Rookstone would fit in. But you seem like you got it down, so I won't worry any longer.

In regards to the Mayor's intentions and behavior, I am totally in favor of playing both factions. I'm actually going to DM you to discuss something that is in regards to The Batman's disappearance, and I think what I have in mind will help build the Mayor's cunningness muahahahah!! Also, love the fact that he'll tell the truth, but he may hold back on telling ALL of the truth, lol.
\ö/
|
/ \

anytime someone says Boss I think of Solid Snake because my brother loves the Metal Gear series and it's just stuck in my brain now
OH GOD THE QUARANTINE SECTION OF MGSV BROKE MY HEART
“Hey… Let’s let the boss decide.”
“We live and die by your hands, boss.”

OH GOD THE QUARANTINE SECTION OF MGSV BROKE MY HEART
“Hey… Let’s let the boss decide.”
“We live and die by your hands, boss.”
my favorite part of that game was when my brother would run around and just punch the Devil Dog people in the face and then skyhook them : p
Quiet or whatever her name made me irritable because she was always humming
And the Diamond Dog or whatever Snake called him was my favorite companion

anytime someone says Boss I think of Solid Snake because my brother loves the Metal Gear series and it's just stuck in my brain now
LMAO apparently we're on the same wavelength because when you said *salutes* all I could think about was this

Attachments

• 2f0.jpg
    2f0.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 5
For antagonists, what did you have in mind for the main antagonist (at least to start)? I ask because I wanted to throw in a character like Black Mask, though at the same time I don't want to potentially overshadow what you have in mind if his character beats are too similar to the villain you have in mind. Is it a situation where you're only approving hitman/enforcer street villains for now, or is it a larger tent?

Is it alright if roarsach would be outlawed and searched by the police? I’m thinking it’s similar to watchmen where police search for him because of his ways of serving justice, and would also be interesting to see his relationships with other heroes too.

I’m also thinking about editing how long he’s been a ‘hero’

We're vigilantes,I assume being hunted by the police is a given
Definitely will take a toll with other heroes though, given that roarsach is a hyprocrite.

Definitely can see roarsach investigating into the mayor if anything sketch is going on with him.

Also wondering if any other heroes kill criminals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back