• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Altered.

Umiko- ...Yeah, it will be. *walks outside with him for a moment, looking down the whole time, trying not to make eye contact with him* ..I'm... really really sorry about what happened last night. ..Uzagi..My brother has a really bad temper some times and.. he's just not used to seeing me with ...well... *Sighs a litle* I'm not making excuses for him.. I'm just apologizing for him.. And me. I knew ...it was a bad idea to stay out so late but.. I was having so much fun spending time with you! ..I'm so sorry I ruined that.. I shouldn't keep things like that from someone like you.. *Looking does still as she talks, messing with her hands* ..T..hat's all I wanted to say. I understand if you don't want to hang out with me again. ..Thank you so much for last night.

Erebus- H..uh? Oh uuuuh.... nothing... *Walks away quickly and starts moving boxes very fast* mmmmmmmmmm...........*Grumbling to himself because he couldn't talk to her*

Hyde- *Looking around outside at the Inn not really looking at Umiko.* ~Ugh. What the hell am I supposed to do with this.~ *Starts feeling a little sick to his stomach for treating Umiko badly.* ~Harden up you loser. Don't let this get to you like this.~ Yeah I understand. No need to apologize for him. If he wanted to apologize he should do it, and I know he doesn't want to apologize. I'm sorry for what happened last night. So I think it might be best if we just see each other in the group. That way you won't get in trouble with Uzagi.... I think we should get back to work. Why don't you head back in before Uzagi comes out here. I'm going to stay out hear and clean up the grounds some. They will have to do some work out here as well. *Turns his back to Umiko to go work in the yard.* ~Just keep it together Hyde. It will get easier.~

Nadine- Don't work too fast Erebus. Don't wear yourself out.

Mr. Ashburrow- Hey Nadine, come here for a second please. *Walks into a private room and closes the door.* Sweetheart, you didn't tell me all your friends were Altered. I mean I'm not opposed to them or think badly of them, but.... Never mind sweetheart.

Nadine- No, what is it Dad?

Mr. Ashburrow- Well me and your mother choose to come here for the Inn because we could offered it. And well... We know that the Altered that live here don't really expect much in the way of luxury. So we could potentially make a really good profit here.

Nadine- *Has a very confused look on her face.* ~Are we bad people? What is he talking about.~ Umm I think I understand Dad. *Gives a look of knowing what he said isn't right or ethical.*

Mr. Ashburrow- ~What can I say to her. I'm not an awful person. I just.. thought this was for the best for us.~ Hey Nadine, why don't we invite all your friends on a weekend get away? They are working really fast, and we might actually be able to open early now.

Nadine- Yeah I can ask them about that. *Turns away from her dad still feeling confused and let down. Walks back out to help work.* Wow guys! This looks great! Let's keep it up and we will finish early and get some food!!!

Umiko- *Hesitates and just looks at him for a moment, not thinking Hyde was the type to just drop her and get scared off, has her mouth open slightly wanting to say something but doesn't* ...*Bites her lip and walks back inside* ~...I really thought he was someone different.. I guess Uzagi was right..~

Erebus-...*Just looks at her as he holds a box* ...uuuh... yeah..

(Everyone works very hard for a couple more hours then they all take a break for the BBQ)

Ick-Pheeeew! I'm TIRED! *Rubs his neck* That was hard work! I'm starved!

Ludwig- Yeah, my feet hurt. But it feels nice to do some work. *Smiling*

Rend- Hey Human girl? Will there be cake? *Has a very straight face as she asks*

Umiko- *Standing by Kasumi, seems down and out of sorts*

Uzagi- *Standing in the back of the group with his arms crossed*

Umiko- O..h, Everyone this is my brother, Uzagi.

Uzagi-*Looks around at all of them* Nice to meet you all.

Hyde- *Finishing outside and heads back in. Looks around the room and sees Umiko next to Kasumi and Uzagi in the back.* Hey Kasumi! Come here for a second. *Steps away from the group for a second with Kasumi.* Kasumi I just really don't want to be here anymore. I think I'm going to slip out the back when people start eating.

Kasumi- Alright Hyde, can we talk later when we get home?

Hyde- Yeah that's fine. I'll see you back at the house alright. *Knowing Uzagi is watching him and not wanting to seem like he beat him or scared him away from Umiko he walks over to Umiko.*Hey Umiko, I'm going to slip out the back and I just wanted to say bye. It was good to see you again. *Gives Umiko a hug, looks at Uzagi and gives a look of defiance.* I'll talk with you at school alright? Try not to be sad or upset. We can still talk and see each other. Just not date yet alright? ~Did I just say date? Oh well I said it. Just focus on yourself and everything will be alright. If Umiko is that important she won't leave me and she will understand trying to get out of here.~ *Slips out the back and heads to the Shrine to lay down in the sun hoping to get a little sleep.*

Nadine- Come on guys lets get some food! Mom made the tea and my Dad has been getting the BBQ ready! These are all the hot dogs and cheeseburgers! Umm sorry Rend there isn't any cake but we have cookies *shrugs* I hope that is alright. I'm soooo sorry. But I make I really good cake and could bring you some next week!?

Umiko- *A bit surprised by Hyde, smiles when she is hugged and hugs back* ~Everyone is going to see!...~ *Nods at him, not sure what to say, looks happier*

Rend-...cookies?...heh.. no no, you don't understand. Cookies are nothing like cake! Ah.. you humans.. *Rolls her eyes* Well I'm not into meat... I'm heading out. *See's Hyde hug Umiko, lowers her eyebrows slightly* ...hmm. *walks out a bit after Hyde, following behind him from afar*

Ludwig- You can cook Nadine?? *Smiles* Wow, you are so mature for your age. Hm.. that sounded creepy.. I didn't mean it like that heh.

Erebus-~ S...he can cook too? ...What is this deer talking about... should...should I hit him? No! What am I saying of course I shouldn't... ...should I?~

Rend- *Makes it to the shrine* ~Damn that hill!! I'm beat!!~ *Rest on her knees for a moment, see's a rock and smirks, picks it up and throws it at Hyde* HEY! Why did you leave!! You were the one who made ME go!! You should have at least talked to me there! You jerk..

Nadine- Yeah I can bake..... You call making a cake baking. *Winks at Ludwig like he is an idiot.* Umm hey guys. My parents wanted to invite everyone to a weekend get away for helping so much and getting so much done for us! If you have to ask your parents first that's fine and I can give you my parents phone number if your parents want to call them about it! Well everyone dig in! Don't let it get cold!

Hyde- *Being totally aware Rend was following him the whole time turns around and steps out of the way of the stone she threw.* Rend... You know that would have hurt if that hit me right?... I'm really not in the mood for your attitude today alright. You can stay here with me just don't go crazy on me alright. You know. I'm so tired of this town. I'm tired of this shrine. It is falling apart. The whole place is falling apart. And look at those clouds, and trees, and the water. Nothing in this town looks like the pictures in our books and the TV shows. Everything looks.... dead.... What do you think? You aren't from here. What's it like outside of this shit town. *Lays down in the grass in the sun light and stretches out. Showing his stomach as his shirt pulls up but he doesn't care. He likes the sun. Closes his eyes trusting Rend not to mess around with him.*

Ludwig- Heh.. yeah right baking. *Smiles with his eyebrows down showing little embarrassment* Oh, hey.. This might be a little odd but my parents have a beach home a couple towns over. It's a bit of a drive but we could all stay there. Guys would have to stay in the same rooms and girls in another but it would be fun. The beach it private and super clean. The air is awesome there. Plus the food..

Ick-FOOD?! Yeah! That sounds great count me in!!

Umiko- *Smiles and laughs a little* Ick, you'll go anywhere where there's food huh?

Ick- Heh, yeeeeah... Pretty much! I mean look where I am right now! This food is amazing!! What is this thing again?

Ludwig- Hot dog.

Ick- Hot dog! Yeah! It's great!

Erebus- ~A trip... out of town?..~

Rend- Well...duh. That's why I threw it. *Walks over and sits next to him with her legs criss crossed* (don'tknowhowtospellit)

...Well this town IS dead. *Looks around at the trees* Other towns aren't like this one.. They are... brighter. *Shrugs* What does it matter anyways? Every town is just as bad as this one in some way or another. ...What's eating you today by the way? You usually aren't this down. ...uh! Not that I know you well! *Looks away in a huff but her eye trails back* Why are you stripping!? *Turns red a bit* Put your shirt back in you oaf! Geez!

Nadine- *Feels like something is in her throat.* Cough cough cough. I'm sorry guys. *Tries to swallow but is having a very hard time.*

Kane- ~Hmm. A cough.~ *Looks around the room.* ~I know Kasumi's leg gives out, and I know Ick's skin drys out. My stomach is really weak. I know something is off about this place.~ *Has a look on his face like he is figuring something out.* ~This can't just be dust from cleaning. I know this has something to do with this town.~

Hyde- *Has his eyes closed with his face turned toward the sky.* Not every place is as bad as this one. I mean you even said it's dead. I'm just tired of being here. You don't understand. You've always been able to move around town from town. I can't be here anymore. *Stretches more and his shirt comes up more. YAAWWWNNN.* The air even hurts a little when I breath. That can't be good can it? I mean in school we learn things should be clean and alive. That isn't here. Nothing is here. *Stands up and pulls his shirt down. Looks down at Rend and smirks.* Well.. I guess we are here aren't we. Do you want to get out? Are you even tied down to anything here? Didn't you say your dad is never around. Even all the families here are dead. Nothing is healthy.

Erebus-*Looks over at Nadine with concern, holds out a tissue for her* Here you go.

Ludwig- Oh? You okay Nadine?

Ick- Yeah, that don't sound too good. *Looking over at her* Oh hey excuse me for a sec imma call my mom. *Walks over to a quieter spot and calls his mother, asking about the beach trip they are going to take then walks back over when he is finished* Hey! My mom said I could go! Oh she said she would also talk to your parents bud. *Looks over at Ludwig* She also told me we should plan it for the week were out of school comin' up! Whatcha thing Nadine? Guys?

Umiko- *Smiles and nods* I think that sounds like a great idea Ichabod. *Looks over at Uzagi* Hey Uzagi? Do you think we could go too?

Uzagi-*smiles and nods* I'm sure Dad wouldn't mind. I'll talk to him tonight when he gets home from work.

Umiko- That's great! *Looks at Kasumi* Kasumi, do you think you and your brothers will be able to make the trip?

Erebus-*Looks away a little, feeling like no one wants him to come to the trip*

Rend- They have different reasons for being bad but they are still bad.. *Shrugs* Well... why don't you leave? You know you can. *Looks at his tummy* If you keep showing that thing off i'm going to smack it! *Looks up at him when he stands* Heh.. I always want to get out.. *Looks down again* But.. I doubt i'll ever find a place where I belong. *Stands as well, dusts herself off* Heh lets run away together huh? What do you say? *Smiles playfully*

Nadine- *trying to get the attention off herself.* Yeah so everybody is going right!

Kasumi- Umm actually I haven't heard anything from Erebus. Are you going? Umm, I'm not sure Umiko. I'll have to talk with Hyde, but I guess we will go with you guys. I would say yes but if for some reason he says no I'll let you know.

Kane- Yeah Shita, you have to come.

Nadine- *Looks at Erebus and smiles.* Shita? I thought your name was Erebus?

Hyde- ~Could I just leave with? No way. I have no money. What am I supposed to do just walk out of here on my own two feet?~ *Smiles at Rend like he is going to say yes.* Yeah Rend, lets run away together. We could pack our bags and just walk out of the town. *Smirk. Extends his hand to Rend as if saying come on. He is trying playing a game of chicken with her.*

Umiko- *Smiles* Okay, that sounds great! I think this is going to be a lot of fun! I haven't been to the beach in a long time!

Erebus- Huh? *Looks at Kasumi, who is sitting at the same table as him* Yeah uh, sure.. I guess I could show up. *Looks over at Nadine as she talks to him* U..h it ...is well uh my.. last name is..

Ick- His name is Nakushita! *Says as he stuffs his face with more food*

Erebus- ~...fish.~ *Glares a bit, wanting to tell Nadine* I prefer Erebus..

Rend-I can just steal my fathers money. And one of his cars? You can drive right? *Smirks and shakes her head* Tch don't play games with me Hyde Alastor! I'm not that type of woman. *Turns away from his hand, puffs her cheeks* Hmph! *Smiles and pushes him then runs away tries not to get caught* You're a jerk! I'm going home you stupid bumbling bear!!

Kasumi- This sounds like a lot of fun. I'm glad we are all going to the beach. *Smiles and Erebus.* Hey Nadine, maybe we could talk together about cooking while we are there. Umiko, do you cook as well? I imagine with Ick and Hyde being there we will have to have a lot of food for everyone.

Nadine- *Cough cough.* Yeah that would be so much fun! We could have the boys go fish or crabbing for some food.

Hyde- ~Oh no. You aren't always getting to end things however you want Rend.~ *Takes off after Rend and jumps in front of her blocking her from running off.* Why are you leaving already Rend! You don't have anything better to do today. I know you don't. Come on I know where the river is shallow and some stones and logs are above water that we can cut across to the shopping center to get something to eat, the get some cake *Gives a look to Rend.*, then we can head over to the factory and take a look around, then walk up the train tracks going North. I don't know what's up there. We don't have school tomorrow and tonight is a full moon so we will have plenty of light on the tracks. No one is waiting up for me... what about you? *Gives a glare again and extends his hand one more time daring her to go with him.*

Umiko- Um...a little heh.. But i'm not too good! So.. please don't expect much. *Smiles with embarasment*

Ludwig- *Raises his hand* I can cook.

Ick- Oh wow, Kasumi! You know how to cook?! Umiko too! And Nadine??! Ahh.. you girls are amazing..

Ludwig- *Glares at Ick*

Ick- ...What?! *Hears Nadine* HEY YEAH! We can do that!!

Ludwig- *Sighs a bit* I'd rather cook... *Mumbles*

Erebus- *Concerned by Nadines cough* ~..Why is she coughing all the sudden?~ Are you feeling alright?

Uzagi- Well, it's getting late. Umiko, we should get going. It was nice meeting you all today. *Bows*

Ick- Hey nice meetin' ya too pal!

Ludwig- Goodnight Umiko, Uzagi. *Smiles and waves*

Erebus-*Nods a little to say goodbye to them*

Rend- *smirks* I know what you're doing bear boy! Heh.. I have no one waiting so fine! I'll go with you. And uh duh! You owe me cake after just leaving me with those freaks today like that! *Takes his hand* Let's go already! Why are you just standing around! *Pulls him along, smiling happily to herself* ~Heh.. stupid bear~

Kasumi- *Smiles a little at Ludwig saying he can cook and mumbling to himself.*

Nadine- ~Ow this really hurts. I've never coughed like this before. It is probably just cleaning all this dirt.~ Oh yeah I'm fine I think I just got some dust in my lungs or something. Everything is good.

Kane- ~That isn't dust.~ *Stands up.* I think I'll be heading out as well. Thank you all for the food. *Heads for the door before anyone really says anything back to him.* ~Lets see what's going on around this town tonight.~

Sebastian- *Just slides out with Kane since he really didn't say much during the day.* So Kane, do you want to go find a fight. With Uzagi here I know there isn't anything major going on tonight. Come on lets get to the other side of town.

Hyde- HAHA *Smiles and finally feels relaxed. Forgetting Umiko and Uzagi.* ~I feel free with her. This is going to be a lot of fun.~ *Starts running faster since Rend is pulling on him. He runs faster than Rend.* Come on Rend, COME ON! *Smiles very wide.* I'm starving! The river is right up here. *Looks around the river and finds a path across mixed with stone and logs.* Are you going to jump across with me or do you want me to carry you across? *Fakes stooping down and turning his back like a dad does for his child to hope on.*

Erebus- ..I should get going too. Thank you for the food. *Bows and walks off as well*

Ludwig- Maybe you and I should go too. *Turns to Kasumi* Want us to walk you home Kasumi? It's getting dark.

Ick- Yeah it'll be no prob! Hey Nadine, and Mr. and Mrs Nadine thanks!! *Stands and grabs his things, waits for Ludwig and Kasumi* We'll talk to you about the trip tomorrow Nadine! We might swing by since there is no school. That cool?

Rend- Ah slow down you long legged beast!! *Tries to keep up but is mostly getting dragged by Hyde, smiling the whole way* HA! You wish bear! *Smacks his back and hops on the first log* This is easy!! ~If I fall in i'll die..~ ...REAL easy!! Let's see if you can do it! *Hops to the next stone* hahaha! it's dark! I can't even see!! What have you gotten me into bear! I'm going to die! *Keeps jumping even though shes scared*

Kasumi- *Stands up and bows to Mr. and Mrs. Ashburrow.* Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Ashburrow. *Turns to Nadine.* I'll try to come by tomorrow as well. Come on guys lets go.

Hyde- *After getting hit in the back and watching Rend jump on the first stone, takes off across the river and is on the other side before Rend gets to the fourth jump.* HAHAHAHA Come on! Just think you could have been this much closer to CAKE! *Mocks Rend a little. Rolls around on the ground at the edge of the River.* HAHAHA *Starts crying a little from laughing so hard watching Rend struggle to get across.*

Rend-HEY! THIS IS SO NOT FUNNY YOU STUPID BE- *Her foot slips and she falls into the river* UH!! *Comes up* AH!! GROSS!! HELP! *flails around* SHIT HYDE!! HELP!! *The current is bringing her down stream quickly* *Coughs and keeps bobbing up and under the water, trying to grab onto something, finally grabs a hold of a tree root on the side of the back* HELP ME! *Sounds a lot more in distress now* I CAN'T TAKE THIS!!

Hyde- *Jumps to his feet and takes off down stream after Rend. Jumping into the river close to Rend, the current doesn't really push Hyde that much. Grabs Rend and pulls her out of the water and puts her over his shoulders out of the water. Gets to shore and puts her down.* Hey hey Rend are you alright. Rend calm down pay attention to me. REND! *Takes off his coat which is only a half way wet but almost covers Rend completely in the dry part.* Come on we need to get you back to your house so you can get cleaned up. Did you swallow any of that water? *Looks very concerned for her.* I'm so sorry Rend please don't be angry with me. *Pulls her in and hugs her mainly to assure her she is alright and on the ground.*

Rend- *trying to calm down and catch her breath* Damn it! Why did you make me go across!! .. no I don't think I swallowed any.. EH! Why did you get in!! *Sighs* I'm not angry.. but.. you owe me two cakes now.. *Smiles when she is embarrassed, closes her eyes* Just get me to my house.. I know how to fix this.. Hurry! *Looks up at him* It'll be okay.

Hyde- Alright just close your eyes and we will be there before you open them. *Picks her up and takes off back across the river making a B-line straight for her home. After a few minutes Hyde gets them back to her house. Starts feeling winded running and carrying Rend.* Rend. We are here. This time we can walk together to the river and let me carry you across this time alright? *Looks at Rend in a slightly mocking way to keep things light.*

Rend-*Digs in her backpack that she carries around with her and grabs out her keys, opens the door for them* As if! We're talking the bridge! *They go inside* There are towels inside the closet there. Stay here and dry off, take your shoes off too! *Goes into the kitchen a bit lethargically and digs through a cabinet, grabs a pill bottle down* COME IN HERE! *Opens the bottle and shakes out some pills for Hyde and hands them to him then herself* Take these. *Takes her quickly* We wont feel great tonight but this will stop the pollutants from spreading more in our system. My dad.. *Sighs* My dad invented these shortly after moving here... They help with this kind of thing. We should be good as new in a couple hours or at the latest the morning. ...I'm going to get changed. Stay here and I'll be right back. *Goes upstairs quickly and gets changed into some pajamas* Ah, that's much better.. HYDE! Come get these! *Holds out a pair of pajamas* Sorry if they are a little snug. My dad's...kind of a small man. But.. they should still fit. Plus, they are better than what you have right now. Get changes and hand me your wet clothes. *Turns around and covers her eyes* Hurry up will you!?

Hyde- *Very surprised that Rend is in pajamas and she is standing there wanting him to change. Trying to still play the chicken game with her he does what she says taking the pills and changing into the pajamas.* Umm well I'm changed but they don't fit so great. *The shirt is short and very tight around his chest and arms. The pants go down about mid calf and are very tight around the thighs.* Hey I thought we were going to go get cake. We can't go out like this. And what if your dad comes home and sees me in here with you in pajamas. ~Wait a second. I just took pills. What the hell were those!~ HEY! What were those pills you just gave me!? What do you mean your dad invented them when you guys got here? What pollutants? WHAT!?

Rend- *Turns and just stands there for a moment, Hyde can see a grin/smirk form on her face before the bursts into laughter* HAHAHAHA! *points* YOU LOOK SO STUPID! AHAHAHAH!! Oh!! Ohhh ahhaha! That's rich!! Hahahaa! ...It's too late for cake stupid! Besides! I don't feel so great you know! Tch.. as if! He's gone for another three months minimum. You don't have to worry about that deadbeat... *Lowers her eye brows* What are you accusing me of! They were pills to help! ...*Sighs* Like you noticed before! This town isn't clean! Remember!? *Reaches up and knocks on his head* Anyone there? *Goes and sits on the couch and turns the tv on* Yeah, dad and I kept getting sick so he looked into it. *Looks over at Hyde* He said if I ever fall into the water here or go near the plant I should take them... Or if I just start to feel bad. *Pats the couch*

Hyde- *Looks around the house a little.* ~Should I be here? What am I doing?~ *Starts walking toward the couch.* ~It's not like I can go home right now anyway. Look at me. I look like an idiot.~ *Looks at Rend sitting on the couch.* Umm, I don't want to sit. Because uhhhh. *Starts to bend and the pants look like they are about to rip to shreds.* Hey what do you have in the kitchen? My sister taught me who to cook some. I'm still starving you know.

Rend- Well you shouldn't have left the BBQ so early.. What was up with that anyway? *Stands and walks into the kitchen with him* Help yourself. *Smirks* I'd like to see this. *Pulls out her phone and snaps a picture* Perfect. Hehehe. *Clears her throat and puts her phone away* Were you mad at someone there? You didn't seem to happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back