• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Altered.

(Ludwig and the others go off to Junes, The shopping center)

Ick- *Holds up a pair of swim trunks* Hey what about these?! They look cool huh? *A pair of black swim trunks with a white fish at the bottom*

Ludwig- Hm? I guess..

Ick- I wasn't talkin' to you! Nadine, what do you think?? *Smiles*

Rend- *Follows him and reluctantly lays down* It's cold and damp in here. Is this your idea of a date? *Smirks* I guess it's kinda cool. If you like this sort of thing. *Looks up at the roof of the cave* How did you find this place anyways? *Looks over at him*

Kasumi- *Not really enjoying the shopping center much. Keeps looking around at different clothes not really paying attention to the others.*

Nadine- Yeah that looks neat! *Looks through the women's swim suits and finds a very revealing bikini.* Hey Kasumi! Look what do you think!? *Being innocent in the matter and not meaning to be a bad influence.*

Kasumi- *Gives a disgusted face at the suit and shakes her head rapidly.*

Nadine- What do you boys think? Should I get it? *Thinking that Kasumi just thinks it has a bad color patter on it and not that it is overly revealing.*

Hyde- *Looks over at Rend and smiles.* I am an insomniac. I've never slept well my whole life. I would leave the house at night and wonder around. I would also go out further during the day looking for secluded places that no one would find me or bother me. It was just a matter of time before I stumbled on this cave. I've seen almost every one in this area. This is one of the only spots I could actually sleep in some times.

Ick- *Nods his head quickly* Oh yeah! You should for sure get that one! Yeah! *Can't stop himself from grinning widely and not really trying*

Ludwig- *Smiling as well, nods* Yeah, I think you should get that one. It looks nice.

Rend- Hmm.. Why are you an insomniac? *Sits up and puts her knees up* I thought bears were supposed to sleep well?

Kasumi- *Pulls Nadine aside.* Nadine, I'm not your mother, but don't you think that shows off a little much? I wouldn't get it.

Nadine- *Looks a little confused.* But my Mom does have one of these... I think I'm going to get it. Why don't you get one too! Look here is a red one! *Hands Kasumi the swim suit.*

Kasumi- *Refuses to take it from Nadine's hand.* No. *Turns around and leaves the store.* ~I can't believe she would wear that. She basically isn't wearing anything. And to think she thought I was the type of girl to wear one of those things. I would never. I don't even want to get in the water. I can't swim and I'm not showing my legs.~ *Rubs her leg. Kasumi is very self conscious about her Ox legs. She thinks they are grotesque.* ~Forget that. I'm going home. I can't believe Ludwig would agree to her wearing that. What a pig. Ick I could see it from but not Ludwig. UGH yuck.~ *Continues to walk home alone.*

Hyde- That's what you'd think. I'm always tired. I just can't ever actually sleep. This place helps me a lot. And I was surprised that I slept so well at your place last night. *Sits up and rubs the back of his head.* So your turn. Where do you want to go?

Ludwig- Hey, where did Kasumi go? *Looks around then over at Nadine, still searching for a swim suit*

Rend- Hm, maybe you just aren't comfortable where you usually sleep.. *Smiles* Alright! I want you to take me shopping! I'm not sure if you heard but we were invited to a beach house yesterday! Woo lets go! *Smiling happily, ropes Hyde into taking her shopping, after they finish they say goodnight to one another and part ways*

(Friday, School, School just ended)

Ick-Woo! I can't wait for tomorrow!! A whole week at the beach!! Man I can taste the salt water!! *Drooling as he imagines the ocean*

Ludwig- *Looks at ick* oookay.. *Smiles and looks at the group who agreed to gather in homeroom after school let out* So, are we still meeting up at your place in the morning Nadine?

*Says as he looks over at her*

Umiko- *Hasn't talked to Hyde much, has been helping out a lot at the Inn so she's talked to Nadine quite a bit now* I hope you guys really don't mind that Uzagi's coming... I promise he's not always so strict. *Smiles*

Erebus- *Standing in the back of the group with Hyde* I feel like I haven't talked to you all week. You smell like Rend. *Smirks a little*

Rend- *Hears Erebus* Got a problem with my smell mutt?

Kasumi- Tomorrow is going to be a lot of fun. How long was the drive again Ludwig? And who was driving?

Nadine- YEAH this whole week is going to be awesome! I can't wait for it. Do you guys want to meet up at Ick's restaurant for dinner and we could go over the plans there? That is of course if we get that heavy friends discount. *Winks at Ick.* Of course we don't mind if Uzagi comes. It will be fun and I'm sure he could use a break as well.

Kane- ~Man I feel like I've been so out of touch with the group lately.~ Yeah I want to go meet up with every body that sounds fun.

Sebastian- Well I know I can drive a car. But I don't know if we can have my dad's car so I'll need to ask him.

Hyde- *Hears Uzagi's name come up again and gets a little angry. Leans over to Erebus so no one else can hear him talk.* Hey Erebus don't you think it is a little ironic that she is calling you the mutt. *Chuckles under his breath.* I'm just saying haha. *Tries not to really make eye contact with Umiko still.*

Ludwig- *Looks over at Kasumi* It's about 3 hours from here. Umm, I think Umiko's older brother is driving us? We might have to rent a van or something? Unless Sebastian can drive some people.

Ick- Hey yeah!! You guys can come eat at my family's restaurant! On the house! My mom has been wantin' to meet you guys! Let's meet there tonight at 7, hows that sound?

Umiko- *Smiles at Nadine* Thank you. I'm sure he could. I've been really craving the tofu your mother makes! I can't wait!! *Smiling happily* tooofu tooofu!

Erebus- *Laughs a little as well, quietly*

Rend- *Glares at Hyde, has a lot of anger behind it* .... *Hurt that Hyde would say that about her, very sensitive about her Altered state*

Hyde- *Shrugs.* I didn't mean for her to hear that. I guess she has better hearing than I thought. *Looks visibly upset.* ~Damn it, damn it. She wasn't supposed to hear that. I mean come on. She calls other people names and acts mean and throws fits all the time and I say one thing about her and she acts like I'm the devil. Well screw that. I don't need to spend time with her either.~

Kasumi- *Can tell something odd is going on with Hyde but doesn't really know what.* Dinner tonight sounds great.

Kane- WHOW Free food heck yeah! *Looks over at Sebastian and sees that he is weighing between free food and spending more time around Ick.* Come on Sebastian we can go hang out after dinner. What do you say?

Sebastian- Yeah alright, let me go call my dad about the car. *Leaves the room to call and comes back rather quickly.* Yeah dad said I could take the car so we won't need to rent the van. We need to figure out who is riding in what car. ~I'm not taking that fish. I'll drive us off a cliff if he gets in the car with me.~

Ludwig- Well I will go with Ick since no one here can stand him for more than an hour. *Looks around at the group*

Ick- Hey! Don't say that man! That's so mean! ...Everyone here loves hangin' with me! *hangs his head*

Umiko- I want to ride with Kasumi and Nadine! Rend? Do you want to ride with us girls? *Smiles over at her*

Rend- Sure... why not. *Walks over to them and stands beside Kasumi*

Ludwig- How are we going to divide the rest of us? I think only one more can go with the girls.

Ick- Hey! Why don't we let them choose!? *Thinking they will choose him, grinning*

Umiko- *Smiles and looks at the other girls* What do you think? Who should we pick to ride with us? *Looks at Kasumi, Nadine and Rend*

Rend- Like I care! *Crosses her arms and looks away*

Sebastian- Well I'm driving and Uzagi is going to be driving the other car. So I it looks like you can either pick Kane, Hyde, Ludwig, or Ick. *Puts on a face because he knows Uzagi will drive the girls and he does not want to be stuck with Ick in his car.*

Hyde- I think me and Ick need to be in different cars since we are the two biggest. I think Ick should go with you guys and Uzagi drive that car. ~Please take that idea I don't want to be in a car with Umiko, Rend, and Uzagi. I swear I will make something up and not go if I have to.~

Kasumi- *Could tell that Hyde wants to be away from that car.* Yeah I think that is a good idea Hyde. That way me and Sebastian aren't in the same car together. I vote for Ick.

Nadine- *Smiles not wanting to hurt any ones feelings just goes with Kasumi's vote since she talked first.* Yeah I'll vote for Ick as well like Kasumi.

Sebastian- ~Please please please, just a few more votes.~ I agree with Hyde, Kasumi, and Nadine. That sounds like a good plan. What about the rest of you girls?

Erebus- *Glares at Sebastian* ...I'm here too you know.

Ick- *Getting more excited as things are going in his favor*

Umiko- ~I will get a serious head ache if ick comes with us! nooo...~ *Looks around* U...m...

Rend- I want Erebus to go. That fish is too loud!

Umiko- YEAH! ... um.. I mean.. Yeah, I feel like I haven't even heard Erebus speak at all. Why don't you come with us! What do you other girls think?? *Kind of frantic*

Erebus- Me..? *points to himself*

Kasumi- I still vote for Ick.

Nadine- *Remembering what happened in the shopping center the other day with Kasumi.* Umm I'm going to stick with Kasumi and vote Ick. ~I don't want to make her upset again and go on the side of other people again. She will hate me forever if I do that.~

Kane- Hey what about me? I don't get any votes and the boy deer wonder doesn't either? Come on this is hurting peoples feeling. Just put all of our names in a hat and pull one out. *Speaking in a semi-angry tone.*

Hyde- I'm not going to ride with the girls this time so don't bother putting my name in the hat. *Looks over at Erebus.* I'm going to the shrine before dinner if you want to come with me or meet me there. *Gets up and leaves the classroom.*

Sebastian- *Getting annoyed because he thought Ick was not going to be in his car but now there is a chance.* Would one of you change your mind already or just do the hat thing.

Rend- Whatever take the fish I don't care. You are all a bunch of babies. I can't stay here all day you know!

Ick- WOO! I'm goin' with the girls! So girlies! What should we talk about on our long trip huh? I get to sit in the middle right?

Umiko- *Sighs a bit* Sorry Kane, Ludwig. It's not that I didn't want you guys to come. *smiles*

Ludwig- *Smiles* It's fine. I didn't mind. Kane was the one making a fuss.

Erebus-*Nods and goes with him*

Kane- *A little upset.* Would you care about something and stand up for yourself deer boy. Or are you alright with me saying this alright.

Kasumi- It's alright guys just calm down. Nothing to get in a fight about. It is just three hours to the beach then everyone gets to hang out with every one.

Kane- Yeah I guess. You ready to go Sebastian? We will meet you guys at 7.

Sebastian- *Feeling good because he doesn't have to drive Ick.* Yeah lets go Kane. The car thing isn't that big of deal. Everything will be fine.

Hyde- *Walking along with Erebus.* I just don't get it Erebus. Nothing seems to be going right in this town. Why isn't that we always end in fight when we are in that large group. Plus I think I really screwed it up with Umiko and Rend. Maybe I should just not care about it. What do you think?

Ludwig- *Looks at Kane and shrugs* It just doesn't bother me.

Umiko- See you two later! I have to get going too! I'm going to go see if Uzagi can get off work early so he can join us at the restaurant. *Grabs her school bag and runs out with a smile on her face and waves*

Erebus- I think you should just be yourself.. If they don't like it then tough but if something bothers you then speak up. We haven't been with this group for long of course it isn't great right now. We've only known each other for a couple of weeks.*Looks over at him* Just relax and have fun.. you worry too much about small things. What happened with you and Rend? I thought you were hanging with Umiko?

Kane- *Gives a death glare at Ludwig. And leaves the with Sebastian.* Are you kidding me Sebastian. That deer just rubs me the wrong way. I can't believe that.

Sebastian- Just don't worry about. What does it matter. It's not like he is in every ones face.

Hyde- *Looks over at Erebus.* I should just be myself. I can't make my mind up about what I'm doing with Umiko or Rend. I like both of them but I just don't feel like it's time right now. I feel like I need to just pull away from everyone. I hate Uzagi and the problem is Umiko is fine with him. Now he is coming on this vacation and I have to spend that whole week with Rend who I just offended and Umiko and her brother. I really don't want to go at all. I rather just stay here.

Erebus- Stop worrying about it and try to have a good time. Umiko's fine with him because Uzagi's her brother. He's taken care of her since she was five years old. Her mom isn't in the picture. Uzagi seems ridged but he's just worried about Umiko entering her teen years. C'mon you are basically him! You watch after Kasumi like crazy, try to see where he's coming from. Rend is fine.. she'll probably forget it or make you buy her some cake. Don't stress over all of this stuff it's not like someone's holding a gun to your head and making you pick which one to marry. *Smiles and pats his back* You really freak out over small things huh?

Hyde- I'm not freaking it. I just really don't like Uzagi, and I'm not anything like him. The guy is crazy and runs a fighting studio and invites people to come try to beat him. I'm sorry that is a little crazy. Whatever though. I don't feel like talking about this anymore. We might as well just go waste some time before we go to this dinner.

Erebus- Weren't you just telling me you wanted to train so you COULD beat him?? Alright alright. Where should we go? *Looks at him* Do you have ...a swim suit? *Looks a little embarrassed*

Hyde- *Looks flustered with the conversation.* Yeah I did say that, and I am going to train. But beating him won't really mean anything to me really. No I don't have a swim suit. I just normally wear some gym shorts. What about you?

Erebus- Heh.. I don't even know if I can swim.. *Sighs* This is going to be a long week huh..? Hey uh.. I know this is kind of sudden but do you think I could sleep over your house tonight? I understand if you say no with Kasumi being there.

Hyde- Yeah that is fine. You can have my room. I have a few things I need to do tonight before tomorrow. Sebastian will be there and he probably won't go to sleep until later, Dad will be there too but he will probably be asleep when you get there and he will be gone before you wake up. I trust you around Kasumi. I think you are my only real friend in this town right now.

Erebus- You wont be there? Eh.. I don't think i'd feel right stayin' there if you aren't there. Thanks though. Heh... you're telling me. (About the friend thing) *Smiles* Well it's 6:45pm we should be getting to the restaurant. *They both go the the restaurant and meet up with the group, they all sit together and get there orders, they are all enjoying there food and talking with one another*

Ludwig- So, the girls are in the kitchen and were on the grill for this trip right?

Ick- Woo!! I can't wait to try all of you girls cooking! I bet it's so awesome!!

Umiko- Well.. I'm not really..the greatest cook..

Uzagi- Haha! That's putting it lightly Umiko. *Smiles at her*

Umiko- Heyyyy! Don't say anything!!

Uzagi- *Laughs a little and drinks his drink*

Hyde- *Still not interacting the way he used to with the Umiko or Rend. But is looking around the room and is less frustrated with Uzagi. Leans over to Erebus.* This isn't that bad. I guess it will be fine.

Kasumi- Cooking is very easy actually. I can teach you a few things on the trip. Maybe Uzagi will appreciate it later.

Nadine- Yeah I could teach you a few things as well. I can't wait to share ideas with you girls.

Kane- I don't cook so I'll just be indulging haha

Erebus- See, don't worry about it. Just get to know the group. *Smiles* I'm out of my comfort zone too but I'm making the most of it.

Rend- *Throws a roll at Hyde, laughs a little* Eat up bear boy! You're doing the car unpacking tomorrow!

Uzagi- *Smiles* Thank you Kasumi. I'm sure I will.

Umiko- Heeeyyyy! *Sighs and hangs her head* That's so mean...

Ick- Hey! Are we assigning jobs and stuff like that?? *Looks at Rend*

Rend- Hmm, sure why not. You can help with the unpacking too.

Ludwig- I can set up the beach stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back