• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Academy of the Gifted Ones! (OOC)

Zombocalypse

Quintessential Badboy

The Academy of the Gifted Ones!

Character Entry Sheets:

IC: 

Lore:

The Academy of the Gifted Ones is a school located in the far away island of Mahiki somewhere on Earth. It is a school for young people who are gifted with unnatural abilities.

You, a student, just arrived in this school through a helicopter. Let the craziness begin... 

Rules:

1. No godmodding.

2. In the roleplay thread and the out-of-character thread, whenever I post something in bold, you must read it.

3. Deliberate pausing or slowing down of the speed of the RP will happen occasionally. When it happens, you follow my instruction, which will be posted both in the roleplay thread and here in the out-of-character thread.

4. No lewd posts, unless it's meant to be a tasteful joke.

5. In the roleplay thread, you may post a one-liner every fourth post.

6, Refer to rules one through five.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Idea

That sounds like a great idea! You start! Start with my character.

alright....

@Zombocalypse - Rodney Bills- It´s a character I really hate. Not that it is a particularly bad character (although I do find him little far from the cliché story- can´t tell much as he lacks the personality), I just hate demon characters in general. For a very simple reason: demons are characterized by the fact they are evil, and that is the one thing that characterizes a demon. I find the failure to grasp that something that is extremely annoying and for that reason, I cannot help but hate all demon characters, ESPECIALLY if they pull God into the matter as that is just personally insulting... sorry for the rant - "Hehe, he has a very funny face. And he´s so biiiig! I wonder what kind of poopie he makes?"

Mikhail Ivanov- @Ambela - out of all the characters here, I love yours the most. It´s a challenging thing to put a human like that into the mix, which could be easily overpowered by just about anyone who even attempted it (realistically speaking for this scenario) and give him a fantastic mini-characterization in the backstory. I hope his arcs are as awesome as his lore - "Whaa? Why can´t I eat the snakes? Can I make a ribbon with them then?"

Hunter Flyn- @Luxury Hotline - your character is ...simple. I can´t say much more about it. I CAN say, however, that he is a rather limited being as that kind of shapeshifter (specific animals), and I wonder what kind of direction you´ll take him. Only time will tell if you can pour the necessary energy and livelihood into the character to make it stand out- "You can turn into a bird? Wow! I can too, let me show you... MMMMM.... *turns into a chick* "

Whitley Barden- @RomanticDaffodil - the backstory feel s a little lazy, like it was rushed or something.  Like  You were crossing a checklist of clichés. I do like that you referenced who made the picture and that you made that ditonomy between her being able to entrance men and her being a lesbian. I wonder how that could play out as a conflict, and that gives the character potential. Hope to see it unleashed! - "What´s it like in the jungle? did you ever meet a bear? Was it named ted? Cause I have a teddy bear for you! Hehe."

your character is ...simple. I can´t say much more about it. I CAN say, however, that he is a rather limited being as that kind of shapeshifter (specific animals), and I wonder what kind of direction you´ll take him. Only time will tell if you can pour the necessary energy and livelihood into the character to make it stand out- "You can turn into a bird? Wow! I can too, let me show you... MMMMM.... *turns into a chick* "

He has a very detailed backstory that I'm not disclosing for the sole purpose of mystery. That, and there wasn't a field to put up personality which is a big part of what makes him unique.

Melanie Vogel- @Nyannno - I am not found of angel characters either, but I´m more willing to be tolerant. You also only stated an existence of hell and heaven, rather than trying to play with them directly , which is a little better, I guess? The character is an interesting concept and while it is composed of many tropes, they feel meaningful in the grander scheme. The powers are a bigger concern for me, though, as they seem really powerful without a real limit... I guess I´ll have to see how well you handle yourself - "Minions? Can you make a theater? I would love to see a play!"

He has a very detailed backstory that I'm not disclosing for the sole purpose of mystery. That, and there wasn't a field to put up personality which is a big part of what makes him unique.

1. as a fellow roleplayer I can only base my opinion on what I am shown.

2. I don´t like when people use that excuse. "mystery" shouldn´t exist when making a CS, as CSs are written from an omniscient perspective. Furthermore, if it becomes inconsistent with lore, by then it will be too late to fix anything... and if I was the GM I would be really concerned by what plot devices you might pull.

@Idea

I don't know how to feel about your comments. Am I suppose to take them as constructive criticism...? Because I really don't.

I was giving my opinion. I realize my opinion on demons/angels and the like isn´t constructive criticism and I admit my fault for being unable to have a clear judgement on them. I can try to guess based on the rest, but this is a personal bias I can´t let go and I think that I should say it , since I am giving the opinion on everyone´s characters and I won´t lie about it.

~But I don´t mean any offense to you or anyone else, and I am sorry if I offended anyone!

1. as a fellow roleplayer I can only base my opinion on what I am shown.

2. I don´t like when people use that excuse. "mystery" shouldn´t exist when making a CS, as CSs are written from an omniscient perspective. Furthermore, if it becomes inconsistent with lore, by then it will be too late to fix anything... and if I was a GM I would be really concerned by what plot devices you might pull.

Except his backstory effects him and only him so.

That being said, your character seems a bit too powerful, given the amount of control they have over other people (dream controlling/puppetry). That and ah. They literally can't die. I also dare say that the backstory is the tiniest bit vague in some aspects considering that we hardly know the relations with her father figure, how her time in the lamp affected her long-term (other than lack of maturing, this could also have many more debilitating effects), or even how she got her name.

It's one thing to give us criticism, but it's really just your option which we never asked for in the first place..   

Except his backstory effects him and only him so.

That being said, your character seems a bit too powerful, given the amount of control they have over other people (dream controlling/puppetry). That and ah. They literally can't die. I also dare say that the backstory is the tiniest bit vague in some aspects considering that we hardly know the relations with her father figure, how her time in the lamp affected her long-term (other than lack of maturing, this could also have many more debilitating effects), or even how she got her name.

I won´t debate further him. I can see I made things awkward already...

As for my character, she has a lot of power indeed. I did try to balance it out by giving her weaknesses to a similar degree, which can be combined with her obvious mental youth and boom: character balanced. Or so I aimed for.

backstory wise , I agree it´s a bit vague. Quite a bit really. There is a BIG gap that resulted from the fact I´m sick and in the middle of my tests... though, as I said, it´s an issue, the time after the father figure in particular. The name, she was just "born" with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back