• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern That One Specific Plot Idea No One Asked For

VintageVibes

One Time Luck
Hello hello! I've been lurking here for a really long time, and every time I try to create a new post to inquire about some random idea I've cooked up in my mind I chicken out like the big dumb baby that I am. This time though, I've decided to throw caution to the wind and just post my idea. No editing no nothing. Because that is my downfall. That's the point in time I get in my head that no one will like my idea and so on and so forth with those negative thoughts that I'm sure plague everyone that's ever posted here ever.

I’ve been playing Empress’s Choice. You know the one, where its ads harass you until your will deteriorates and you finally download it. I want our OCs to meet and become close during the selection process. And when they’re both chosen they’re moved to the same palace. (We can choose which palace it is later since there are usually more than four.) They form a pact and weather the strong winds of deceit and cunning from the other consorts together. Both with the goal of gaining favor from the Emperor. I want our OCs to become friends and confidants with one another. I would like the plot to take a different route in history, just in the sense I’d rather create a false Emperor because writing for people who are alive/ lived at some point in time makes me uncomfortable. We can even create an entire country if we want to. Would you be more interested in having a fantasy element thrown in? Perhaps the harem consists of women with supernatural abilities. Like my OC could have the ability to see multiple futures and makes sure the best one happens. Your OC can have an ability that is equally cool but not OP, like telepathy. Hell, unless we wanted our OCs to be OP in a setting where most people are that way as well. It’s our world after all. Perhaps the women in the harem become guards to the Emperor and other officials until they become pregnant. I’m game for historical or fantasy. Do we want to add romance to the mix? Would you like your OC to fall in love with the Emperor? Or would you rather they fall in love with someone else? Will they take a chance and rendezvous with their love or will they decide not to chance it since being with a man other than the Emperor could have them exiled or worse, executed? I’m also fine with creating multiple male OCs for your own character. This way their relationships with each other can grow and feel more natural than just having it forced because only one character is created for them to be with. I only ask that you be willing to do the same for me. If you're not comfortable writing that many characters that's fine too! We can further talk about the plot and whatnot through messages on this site or discord.

Rules
Please be 18+. I’m 26 and don’t feel comfortable writing with minors.

Also per site rules, I feel like just to be safe, I need to state that nothing beyond the PG-13 rating will be going on here. We know what concubines were used for but everything that should be behind closed doors will be just that. We will not encroach on anything beyond what the site deems appropriate.

I’d also only like to write with women. But, to be fair, I doubt many men would find this idea appealing haha.

Do you have any rules of your own? Boundaries you’d like to set? Let me know!

I didn't ask for this plot but I still like the idea.
I'm probably not the right partner for this, Male and not great at writing females but the idea of worldbuilding got me interested—very cool idea. I hope you find someone. A Harem of super-powered women sounds really cool. If you wanted someone to write an Emporer I'd happily jump in. Or if you have the patience for someone who wants to improve his skills at writing females I would give it a try.

I am very intrigued by this idea, but sadly I do not reach the age requirement. But in any case, I wish you luck in finding a good partner.

I didn't ask for this plot but I still like the idea.
I'm probably not the right partner for this, Male and not great at writing females but the idea of worldbuilding got me interested—very cool idea. I hope you find someone. A Harem of super-powered women sounds really cool. If you wanted someone to write an Emporer I'd happily jump in. Or if you have the patience for someone who wants to improve his skills at writing females I would give it a try.
I just want to say you seem like a chill guy and I felt like I needed to reply and that it'd be rude not to. The only reason is last time I roleplayed with a guy things went south in the most creepy of ways. I'm still a bit paranoid because of that but again, as the type of person that is always overthinking everything, I felt like I needed to let you know it is a me problem that I'm working on and not a you or any other male on this site problem. I'll end it here since now I'm rambling and embarrassed.

I just want to say you seem like a chill guy and I felt like I needed to reply and that it'd be rude not to. The only reason is last time I roleplayed with a guy things went south in the most creepy of ways. I'm still a bit paranoid because of that but again, as the type of person that is always overthinking everything, I felt like I needed to let you know it is a me problem that I'm working on and not a you or any other male on this site problem. I'll end it here since now I'm rambling and embarrassed.
Thanks I try to be chill.
No need to overthink things. You get to decide how you are comfortable and what you want to do. If you get this RP running I may lurk around a bit still cause it could be an interesting read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back