Other Tell us about your pet peeves!

I like it! I believe one important step to being happy with oneself is choosing and becoming whatever it is you want to be. Steps like choosing an online name on a roleplaying site (ok, the best roleplaying site in my opinion!) might seem insignificant, but I think I it's important in a "you be you" sense.

Normally, I look up words I don't know. In this case, I am not going to. Orikanyo simply means "that creative fellow with the 'oh god why?' under his name! Hah! Thanks for sharing, Ori! =)

Being ignored. For some reason ignoring me in any form gets right under my skin. I spent a long time in my childhood being ignored by my parents and I hate feeling insignificant. It's a toss up whether I greet people because even being ignored during something like that makes me feel bad about myself...

1) Too MUCH noise especially when people have the music loud in their cars and their bass booms are heard right next to me.
2) Too MUCH activity in one area. I nearly fainted in a museum because of this.
3) People thinking I'm faking my meltdowns and so forth. I can't help it I was born with a neurodevelopmental brain disorder and of course, I'm going to respond differently.
4) Toxic and Fake People. I cannot implore you how MUCH this peeves me off.
5) People not washing their hands, placing their stuff on dirty surfaces and so forth. I'm super OCD about this stuff and I'll get annoyed.
6) People dumping their responsibilities on me on the last minute because they have to be somewhere.
7) People calling me within my house when they are in hearing distance.
8) Cold / Hot weather.
9) People putting their feelings over logic when it comes to a disagreement..and acting like they are the victim!
10) Going out somewhere outside my house, well, sometimes. Mostly because I'm kinda lazy.
11) Constant NAGGING.

Last edited:
7) People calling me within my house when they are in hearing distance.
It's the opposite for me. I hate when people try to shout at me from across the house because they won't hear my response and think I'm ignoring them.

It's the opposite for me. I hate when people try to shout at me from across the house because they won't hear my response and think I'm ignoring them.

It's commonplace at my house and it could be just as annoying.

I realised the other day that I have a pet peeve so I can join this thread! People moving my stuff. It's irrational but I get mad as hell if people touch my things and especially if they move them and hide them places. Having psychoanalysed myself I think this is because when I was a kid, I had to share literally everything with my sibling. Everything. And all my clothes were basically hand-me-downs. We were poor too so any possessions I had to myself were jealously guarded as much as possible, and I think this has just led to me being crazy about My Things now. I'm not an especially materialistic person so it took me ages to work out why this mattered so much to me.

I also have a driving pet peeve which I will share. I mean, there's a lot of crazy things happening on the road, and a lot of them are annoying or just downright frightening. But the one I hate the most is when people honk their horn at me for no reason. For example, they think I should move when there's nowhere to move to because there's someone in front of me. Or I have to slow down because someone is crossing the road and they thing I should just run the buggers over. Or worst of all it's for absolutely no reason that I can figure out. Sometimes I feel like getting out of the car and just yelling "WHAT?!!!" at them, but since I like to at least seem like a rational human being, I just grumble to myself and get on with it.

Sounds, all of them. Chewing, eating, sometimes even breathing. I'm audiosensitive due to my personal condition and the way my brain works, but it just ends up becoming abhorrent.

I also feel like I become more and more obsessed with it as time passes, and my sensitivity becomes all the more extreme. Probably due to a variety of reasons, but I do also think that me acknowleding it as a pet peeve has exacerbated it.

I can't really go outside without headphones anymore.

Though if I have music to listen to, it is dandy.

Malphaestus Malphaestus ? Perhaps add this one to your collection? Both this song and video bring me a lot of peace when I need it. I hope it does the same for you too. =)

"First Light" by Lindsey Stirling

People that park without pulling through to the empty parking spot in front of them. This has been a big thing at work lately and it drives me insane every single time I see it.

People who don't control their children in public drive me crazy too x.x
-insert Dr. McPhee 'Control your young!' meme here- xD

People who don't control their children in public drive me crazy too x.x
-insert Dr. McPhee 'Control your young!' meme here- xD

sameeeeeee

as for my own pet peeve, i’m generally a pretty chill person, but don’t get me started on people who sneeze or cough without covering their nose/mouth. i’m not a germophobe, but i do believe it is common courtesy so at least try to cover you nose or mouth so you don’t just... hack up all over everybody. i do understand that sometimes a sneeze can get you by surprise, or your hands are full, but at least try to turn away from the poor person who could be a potential victim to your snot rockets.

idk, maybe that’s just me

Reading through the whole thread suddenly reminds me that I, too, have not completely lost my temperamental streak from way back in elementary school and things can still irrationally get on my nerves. So, let's get right into it!

- Heavily breathing on someone. Look, I understand being tired, going through an adrenaline rush, or just plain old rushing. But I live in a country that has absolutely no sense of personal space. If we're stuck in a cramped elevator or on public transport I would appreciate people not just breathing hard down my neck or even my face. I don't need to know what you ate for lunch or dinner last or how your mouthwash smells. At least cover your mouth.

- Having my stuff messed with without my permission or passed around without me knowing. I have exactly one acoustic guitar and it is my baby and I only lend it to friends I know won't just bang it around and won't get their finger grease on the strings. So I get pissed when I find out it somehow made its way to another group entirely without even asking me if they can borrow it. Bonus points if they act pissy about you taking it back. (Same thing almost happened to my capo. It somehow ended up on our ceiling fan. Almost decked our drummer for that.)

- Having loud phone conversations on public transport. No, I don't need nor want to hear your oh so important business call where it's Jerry's fault for not delivering your papers early. No, I don't need to know about how the guy your best friend is dating looks like an ostrich.

- Echoing the sentiment about parents letting their kids go crazy in public. Or, for me, crazy kids in general. I've had street kids flip me off and try to throw rocks at my dog because their kite got stuck in our tree. I've gotten my ID lace yanked by some kid on public transport before.

- People who deliberately provoke you to anger and then turn tail and play victim once you do. If a dog bites you because you were the idiot that poked it with a stick several times when it wasn't doing anything to you, then that's on you.

- Being antagonized for... absolutely no reason? Or I guess I just don't like people who act like pricks for no reason. I had a woman glare at me from her McDonald's table because I thought she was getting up to leave and I needed a table. I didn't even say or do anything, just glanced in her direction, and this woman is full-blown glowering. Geez, lady.

sameeeeeee

as for my own pet peeve, i’m generally a pretty chill person, but don’t get me started on people who sneeze or cough without covering their nose/mouth. i’m not a germophobe, but i do believe it is common courtesy so at least try to cover you nose or mouth so you don’t just... hack up all over everybody. i do understand that sometimes a sneeze can get you by surprise, or your hands are full, but at least try to turn away from the poor person who could be a potential victim to your snot rockets.

idk, maybe that’s just me

Not just you. I hate this. And let's make a combo: people who don't tell their gross germ ridden children to cover their mouth when they cough.

I am somewhat of a germaphobe but mainly because I catch everything under the sun and I already feel like crap without random diseases from people who can't implement basic hygiene in public.

On a related note, anti-vaxxers. ><;

Wait I have more
  • Anime titles that are entire sentences
  • Teachers who are zealously anti-cellphone
  • The existence of podcasts
  • People equivocating me saying that I'll do something later with an outright refusal
  • Having my picture taken

Not just you. I hate this. And let's make a combo: people who don't tell their gross germ ridden children to cover their mouth when they cough.

I am somewhat of a germaphobe but mainly because I catch everything under the sun and I already feel like crap without random diseases from people who can't implement basic hygiene in public.

On a related note, anti-vaxxers. ><;

agreed, i wish more people would teach their children some manners. i’ve seen people let their kids cough over everything, even stuff at the dining table and food. it’s disgusting

So I know this can’t seem petty I guess but I’m a pediatric nurse at a hospital and I can stand, literally makes me lose my mind, when a patients parent won’t listen to their child. Also when other staff members see/hear the nurses call and says “it can wait” while they gossip. Like, our job is literally to help take care of KIDS, be their voice if needed, and help them feel better mentally and physically.

Theres other more coming things such as chewing with your mouth open, being disrespectful to food workers, leaving the tile it seat up, not cleaning up after yourself.

So I know this can’t seem petty I guess but I’m a pediatric nurse at a hospital and I can stand, literally makes me lose my mind, when a patients parent won’t listen to their child. Also when other staff members see/hear the nurses call and says “it can wait” while they gossip. Like, our job is literally to help take care of KIDS, be their voice if needed, and help them feel better mentally and physically.

Theres other more coming things such as chewing with your mouth open, being disrespectful to food workers, leaving the tile it seat up, not cleaning up after yourself.
Just wanted to drop in and offer a thank-you for the stuff you do as a nurse. As someone who's found themselves trapped in the hospital upon multiple occasions, the nurses have been my saving grace. They're some of the most underappreciated, patient folks.

Just wanted to drop in and offer a thank-you for the stuff you do as a nurse. As someone who's found themselves trapped in the hospital upon multiple occasions, the nurses have been my saving grace. They're some of the most underappreciated, patient folks.

Thank you, I appreciate that greatly.

When I think of terrific medical personnel... I think of the number of times they have been there for me and my loved ones when they were needed. =)

I also love watching moments like this... =)
This. =)
(Be sure to unmute. This is a gif from imgur when a nurse meets a familiar patient in the hospital. =) )

Last edited:
Well this will be an intriguing endeavor. Let us proceed forthwith the festivities. I also apologize for the fact my device page jumped and prematurely deployed this post like a school girl staring at bloody vin diesel or something. So I deleted it and here's a new one.

1: Because of my life I over detail and analyse everything for the purposes of communicatory efficiency. What makes me desire to become hulk-like is a situation whereupon I greatly detail a scenario, potential results of an action, or ANY of the problems I or others face to prevent misunderstanding, and some dipshit degen still misinterprets it as if they never paid attention. IE, I had a problem trying to fix my computer. The internet refused to work, it would power itself off periodically, and sometimes overheated. I explained to another that I needed a replacement fan and thermal paste, a replacement power plug, as well as a direct connection to a local router. I knew what I needed because I grow overly attached, obsessive even, over my devices. This means I must learn everything about them. I suffered many failures and losses because of the actions of others. Instead, I get a router, a new motherboard, and an alucard-damned USB cable. I was better off fighting the jungle of my garage to summon a wizard.

2: Intentionally being asked what my problem is when someone agitates me, and completely disregards everything I state that I am agitated by. Further irking me.

3: people occasionally seeing my hands shake whenever I'm not actively trying to keep them still, and then saying shit like "Stop that, you look like one of those nutjobs." Mostly relatives but meh. Not my goddamn fault I had to deal with unsanitary conditions for a month and had like twenty fucking injections of random shit! I'm sorry that I can't just amputate my hands and grow a new pair. I'm an actual human being rather than what freakazoid you popped out of. But apparently I'm faking it if I could handle all the other injuries I had, to these douches.

4: Discovering a discrepancy, such as owning two seasons of a show + the tenth, stating it and showing them, and someone still indirectly making me feel intellectually inferior to a normal human being by implying rather than missing that whole gap, the tenth season contains it all. I'm sorry, did you sleep during your mathematics class? I know you're not blind so what is that about?!?!?

5: Speaking or writing with an expanded vocabulary, mostly choosing "fancier" words or even swearing, and not only having someone imply the latter is intellectually regressive, but I'm apparently trying too hard to look smart. This dumbass implying learning and effectively using words correctly, is apparently both regressive as well as trying too hard or trying to seem better. While I choose to use them, I was raised to learn them for a goddamned environment I'd never go to or be in. Mostly extended Familial favoritism especially is an issue if you just want to live normally rather than what they want you to be. Might as well be standard since they influence the parents. Conform to my standards or be mentally/emotionally destroyed. I don't need those cowards either.

6: When someone uses a word that they heard but don't actually know its meaning. This is tolerable in comparison to all else, but worth mentioning merely because it originally happened to be semi-common. Though I suppose I could of axed it off since I live alone and don't go outside besides when absolutely necessary.

7: When I... Drive? a motorized bicycle and I see some dude in a truck or car physically using a cellphone, drinking from a cup, etc. Its worthy grounds for a verbal smiting. How can anyone be so figuratively brain dead?

8: When I go shopping and I have to deal with orbiting a self-centered planetoid hogging up enough of the aisle width so I can't physically go past. I understand and agree that calling the hyper weightfully challenged can be viewed as offensive, but if you're actively being a jerk then exceptions will be made. Only those unintentionally in the way or don't have a choice in the matter is acceptable. But by god all people shouldn't be subjected to this intent. At least to me, It only happened a few times, but I feel it will be a repeat smash hit.

9: When some punk disrespects military personnel and sounds like a stereotypical stoner in the process. Now you damn well know that is not acceptable. God forbid if they have a high position in a job. What exactly am I supposed to do here besides defaulting what in the perspective of others I can only assume looks like a constipated expression? Certainly feels like it. Hunting down the freeman is the only worse thing to go through in expressions. This has happened to my father yesterday. Is it legal to try bench pressing the bastard? I'm too skeletal as of now to achieve it, but at least the gesture would be understood.

10: People that are so obsessed or in illusion with themselves, someone else, or something they do or say that even when a dozen other people repeatedly explain how wrong, bad, or stupid they're being they still go on like you're the problem. Need I say more?

11: When you're trying to relax after a heavily stressful day or event, and either someone tries making you do something or there is no end. Rightfully deserves a proper "Fuck off!" Also a honorable mentions: When some degen überdouche makes a offensive remark on disabilities, challenges, disorders, on pretty much everyone. Including the extremely rare case of when someone thinks YOU have a problem that you actually don't and trying to be offensive. Fairly certain with a perfectly normal person even they'd be irked by that. Just go back to the muddy crater you surfaced from and stay there. We'll take all of what's left of the poor souls lost in there but you.
And finally, anti-vax. Some could actually be quite smart, but like a certain group with economics, they contain an indestructible ignorance of the power of disease and high profound mental lobotomization for vaccines. My immune system ain't low or broken, but I still blame that one guy with this midget of a kid fucking my shit all the way up for at least a month.

12: And behold all ye whom search, for thou shalt see that which is biggest. I absolutely, positively, without any nanobot of a doubt, hate every single coward that intentionally tries fucking over or ruining your life and social life, then trying to defend themselves via proclaiming themselves to be of a particular follower of any religion. Ive never hated anything more than one person in my life for social reasons. But this cultivated rather than being immediate. I see them as equals as anyone that initiates an aggressive action and plays the victim card, tries blaming someone else, etc. They are incapable of accepting responsibility and its consequences. Pathetic parasites that qualify as true cowards. Not that phony 18-1900s or so misuse of coward for "anything I dont like labels you a coward". A real one. I try avoiding them at all costs. Extremely specific if I find someone like that, I put them through a observational test if they ain't done some stupid shit. I've dealt mostly with these types most my life, actively seeking for any "dirt", even if having to fabricate it, to ruin you or try dominating you psychologically through 'Do what I like, nothing bad happens. If I just don't like you, get fucked loser!'. My mental state is already hyper fucked by them. Ive dealt with my pinky nail ripped off by a fucking chair, my right big toe nail peeled back, deep cuts, random ass injections, hitting my head repeatedly, my head bashed through a fucking glass table, some one turning all my friends against me and making me give up writing a creation for years, yada yada yada. I can handle these maggots. At least where I am now we don't see those anymore or much. Then a technical food smite, when as a child you try eating and someone picks up something or fallen food from someone else off the floor, and casually pits it in your bowl ruining the rest and you're hungry. The three second rule isn't real, nor does it apply for things hours long. This is why I didn't tell people if there's a problem like spilled water until 17, and then not immediately until 19. Around a decade for the former. Just sort of played dumb or left before anyone arrived. Also when being left at grandfather's, where you ask for food they simply just tease you with it. Not eat, not even cook the egg, just showing and repeatedly teasing with it. After that was found out, never really got sent back. That was a wonderful moment. Still didn't stop a number of more tame events, but the shite was cleared.

And with that vent over, life may resume peacefully prior to the attack of the fire nation. Which I am sure the latter is how their wiggling pelvis mount-on and snow globes feels like perpetually. Perhaps a bit graphic to the end, but I'm not gonna bother trying to remove it and end up writing another 30 paragraphs. An acceptable loss I believe, if one. Technically also a healthy victory. Got rid of a lot of the end profanity, that much actually is unprofessional and tired-induced. If ya gotta sack imma attack was a favorite though, so I'll put it here since its less problematic than previous. While I would go through most of this again as suffering builds character, this is merely too much. With the rest unlisted you could make a 2 hour long rob zombie styled psychological horror movie. But for peeves, that's all the ones I have. I usually appear quiet and vulcan-like to a point so. Those types can mouth dance all over a seventeen foot tall cactus.

All is victorious on the western front.

Well this will be an intriguing endeavor. Let us proceed forthwith the festivities. I also apologize for the fact my device page jumped and prematurely deployed this post like a school girl staring at bloody vin diesel or something. So I deleted it and here's a new one.

1: Because of my life I over detail and analyse everything for the purposes of communicatory efficiency. What makes me desire to become hulk-like is a situation whereupon I greatly detail a scenario, potential results of an action, or ANY of the problems I or others face to prevent misunderstanding, and some dipshit degen still misinterprets it as if they never paid attention. IE, I had a problem trying to fix my computer. The internet refused to work, it would power itself off periodically, and sometimes overheated. I explained to another that I needed a replacement fan and thermal paste, a replacement power plug, as well as a direct connection to a local router. I knew what I needed because I grow overly attached, obsessive even, over my devices. This means I must learn everything about them. I suffered many failures and losses because of the actions of others. Instead, I get a router, a new motherboard, and an alucard-damned USB cable. I was better off fighting the jungle of my garage to summon a wizard.

2: Intentionally being asked what my problem is when someone agitates me, and completely disregards everything I state that I am agitated by. Further irking me.

3: people occasionally seeing my hands shake whenever I'm not actively trying to keep them still, and then saying shit like "Stop that, you look like one of those nutjobs." Mostly relatives but meh. Not my goddamn fault I had to deal with unsanitary conditions for a month and had like twenty fucking injections of random shit! I'm sorry that I can't just amputate my hands and grow a new pair. I'm an actual human being rather than what freakazoid you popped out of. But apparently I'm faking it if I could handle all the other injuries I had, to these douches.

4: Discovering a discrepancy, such as owning two seasons of a show + the tenth, stating it and showing them, and someone still indirectly making me feel intellectually inferior to a normal human being by implying rather than missing that whole gap, the tenth season contains it all. I'm sorry, did you sleep during your mathematics class? I know you're not blind so what is that about?!?!?

5: Speaking or writing with an expanded vocabulary, mostly choosing "fancier" words or even swearing, and not only having someone imply the latter is intellectually regressive, but I'm apparently trying too hard to look smart. This dumbass implying learning and effectively using words correctly, is apparently both regressive as well as trying too hard or trying to seem better. While I choose to use them, I was raised to learn them for a goddamned environment I'd never go to or be in. Mostly extended Familial favoritism especially is an issue if you just want to live normally rather than what they want you to be. Might as well be standard since they influence the parents. Conform to my standards or be mentally/emotionally destroyed. I don't need those cowards either.

6: When someone uses a word that they heard but don't actually know its meaning. This is tolerable in comparison to all else, but worth mentioning merely because it originally happened to be semi-common. Though I suppose I could of axed it off since I live alone and don't go outside besides when absolutely necessary.

7: When I... Drive? a motorized bicycle and I see some dude in a truck or car physically using a cellphone, drinking from a cup, etc. Its worthy grounds for a verbal smiting. How can anyone be so figuratively brain dead?

8: When I go shopping and I have to deal with orbiting a self-centered planetoid hogging up enough of the aisle width so I can't physically go past. I understand and agree that calling the hyper weightfully challenged can be viewed as offensive, but if you're actively being a jerk then exceptions will be made. Only those unintentionally in the way or don't have a choice in the matter is acceptable. But by god all people shouldn't be subjected to this intent. At least to me, It only happened a few times, but I feel it will be a repeat smash hit.

9: When some punk disrespects military personnel and sounds like a stereotypical stoner in the process. Now you damn well know that is not acceptable. God forbid if they have a high position in a job. What exactly am I supposed to do here besides defaulting what in the perspective of others I can only assume looks like a constipated expression? Certainly feels like it. Hunting down the freeman is the only worse thing to go through in expressions. This has happened to my father yesterday. Is it legal to try bench pressing the bastard? I'm too skeletal as of now to achieve it, but at least the gesture would be understood.

10: People that are so obsessed or in illusion with themselves, someone else, or something they do or say that even when a dozen other people repeatedly explain how wrong, bad, or stupid they're being they still go on like you're the problem. Need I say more?

11: When you're trying to relax after a heavily stressful day or event, and either someone tries making you do something or there is no end. Rightfully deserves a proper "Fuck off!" Also a honorable mentions: When some degen überdouche makes a offensive remark on disabilities, challenges, disorders, on pretty much everyone. Including the extremely rare case of when someone thinks YOU have a problem that you actually don't and trying to be offensive. Fairly certain with a perfectly normal person even they'd be irked by that. Just go back to the muddy crater you surfaced from and stay there. We'll take all of what's left of the poor souls lost in there but you.
And finally, anti-vax. Some could actually be quite smart, but like a certain group with economics, they contain an indestructible ignorance of the power of disease and high profound mental lobotomization for vaccines. My immune system ain't low or broken, but I still blame that one guy with this midget of a kid fucking my shit all the way up for at least a month.

12: And behold all ye whom search, for thou shalt see that which is biggest. I absolutely, positively, without any nanobot of a doubt, hate every single coward that intentionally tries fucking over or ruining your life and social life, then trying to defend themselves via proclaiming themselves to be of a particular follower of any religion. Ive never hated anything more than one person in my life for social reasons. But this cultivated rather than being immediate. I see them as equals as anyone that initiates an aggressive action and plays the victim card, tries blaming someone else, etc. They are incapable of accepting responsibility and its consequences. Pathetic parasites that qualify as true cowards. Not that phony 18-1900s or so misuse of coward for "anything I dont like labels you a coward". A real one. I try avoiding them at all costs. Extremely specific if I find someone like that, I put them through a observational test if they ain't done some stupid shit. I've dealt mostly with these types most my life, actively seeking for any "dirt", even if having to fabricate it, to ruin you or try dominating you psychologically through 'Do what I like, nothing bad happens. If I just don't like you, get fucked loser!'. My mental state is already hyper fucked by them. Ive dealt with my pinky nail ripped off by a fucking chair, my right big toe nail peeled back, deep cuts, random ass injections, hitting my head repeatedly, my head bashed through a fucking glass table, some one turning all my friends against me and making me give up writing a creation for years, yada yada yada. I can handle these maggots. At least where I am now we don't see those anymore or much. Then a technical food smite, when as a child you try eating and someone picks up something or fallen food from someone else off the floor, and casually pits it in your bowl ruining the rest and you're hungry. The three second rule isn't real, nor does it apply for things hours long. This is why I didn't tell people if there's a problem like spilled water until 17, and then not immediately until 19. Around a decade for the former. Just sort of played dumb or left before anyone arrived. Also when being left at grandfather's, where you ask for food they simply just tease you with it. Not eat, not even cook the egg, just showing and repeatedly teasing with it. After that was found out, never really got sent back. That was a wonderful moment. Still didn't stop a number of more tame events, but the shite was cleared.

And with that vent over, life may resume peacefully prior to the attack of the fire nation. Which I am sure the latter is how their wiggling pelvis mount-on and snow globes feels like perpetually. Perhaps a bit graphic to the end, but I'm not gonna bother trying to remove it and end up writing another 30 paragraphs. An acceptable loss I believe, if one. Technically also a healthy victory. Got rid of a lot of the end profanity, that much actually is unprofessional and tired-induced. If ya gotta sack imma attack was a favorite though, so I'll put it here since its less problematic than previous. While I would go through most of this again as suffering builds character, this is merely too much. With the rest unlisted you could make a 2 hour long rob zombie styled psychological horror movie. But for peeves, that's all the ones I have. I usually appear quiet and vulcan-like to a point so. Those types can mouth dance all over a seventeen foot tall cactus.

All is victorious on the western front.
You'd hate my parents.

You'd hate my parents.

They may or may not be quickly neutered by a quick powerful kick to the super dangler in that case. At least the one if a girl is involved. But that's too many mechanics to calculate :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back