Other Tell us about your pet peeves!

I'd literally been unable to envision a scenario that could be responsible for this behavior until now.

Huh. Making sure if you get rear-ended, you can't be launched into cross traffic. That would work, wouldn't it. Thank you! Now I can at least ascribe an explicable motivation to what's otherwise inexplicable behavior to me. :)

You're welcome! Of course, the credit goes to my Paramedic buddy. =)

I really hate when people are on their phones when I am trying to take their orders.

And then act annoyed when I interrupt their conversation to do my job.

I really hate when people are on their phones when I am trying to take their orders.

And then act annoyed when I interrupt their conversation to do my job.
Same, except for retail. I am not going to help you when you are on your phone. Don't tell me you are in a hurry while on you're on the phone. Hang up, and then I will help you.

I have a lot of pet peeves due to autism and quite possibly anxiety, but here are some of the big ones.
  • People who try to explain things to me when I've made it clear that I already know what they're talking about or the written instructions, which I could probably read in half the time it takes to listen to them, are readily available.
  • Websites that have really counterintuitive designs, such as pretty much anything I need to access for school.
  • One really specific grammatical error where someone puts an apostrophe in a word they're pluralizing as if it were a possessive. It used to be super common on this forum.
  • Being told to do something when I'm clearly in the middle of something else. My parents are the primary culprit of this, because they don't understand time and telling them I'll do something at any point in time other than immediately is basically the same as saying, "no, go fuck yourself."

I have a lot of pet peeves due to autism and quite possibly anxiety, but here are some of the big ones.
  • People who try to explain things to me when I've made it clear that I already know what they're talking about or the written instructions, which I could probably read in half the time it takes to listen to them, are readily available.
  • Websites that have really counterintuitive designs, such as pretty much anything I need to access for school.
  • One really specific grammatical error where someone puts an apostrophe in a word they're pluralizing as if it were a possessive. It used to be super common on this forum.
  • Being told to do something when I'm clearly in the middle of something else. My parents are the primary culprit of this, because they don't understand time and telling them I'll do something at any point in time other than immediately is basically the same as saying, "no, go fuck yourself."
Piggybacking off that last one, I get annoyed when asked to do something that I'm about to do x.x
Also when people don't pay attention to what I say, or ask me to repeat myself xD

Piggybacking off that last one, I get annoyed when asked to do something that I'm about to do x.x
Also when people don't pay attention to what I say, or ask me to repeat myself xD
I have auditory processing issues and some things take a few seconds for me to understand, but that's fair.

And if someone tells me to do something that I was going to do anyways, that immediately makes me not want to do it.

Hello SP3CT3R SP3CT3R !

I have always lived with heavy ADHD symptoms (and always will) so hello from a fellow neurodevelopmentally-challenged learning-disability-filled human being and role-player! I have a "fairness streak" in my head that would like to ask you about this:

And if someone tells me to do something that I was going to do anyways, that immediately makes me not want to do it.

Do you have the issue with someone who in all fairness didn't know you were going to do it? Or is it only when you've stated this and then they tell you as if you never said it?

Reasoning: In my head, I don't get upset with someone who had no way of knowing my intentions. Now, if I already stated the intention, then yes. I might feel that the person in question (depending on who it is, of course) didn't understand me or is perhaps "judging" me (if they're a jerk which is rare). But... if I haven't shown someone any sign of my intention, then I don't feel I'm in the right to blame them.

How do you feel about it? Disclaimer: If you don't want to share your feelings about it, that's cool with me too. You be you. =)

Hello SP3CT3R SP3CT3R !

I have always lived with heavy ADHD symptoms (and always will) so hello from a fellow neurodevelopmentally-challenged learning-disability-filled human being and role-player! I have a "fairness streak" in my head that would like to ask you about this:

Do you have the issue with someone who in all fairness didn't know you were going to do it? Or is it only when you've stated this and then they tell you as if you never said it?

Reasoning: In my head, I don't get upset with someone who had no way of knowing my intentions. Now, if I already stated the intention, then yes. I might feel that the person in question (depending on who it is, of course) didn't understand me or is perhaps "judging" me (if they're a jerk which is rare). But... if I haven't shown someone any sign of my intention, then I don't feel I'm in the right to blame them.

How do you feel about it? Disclaimer: If you don't want to share your feelings about it, that's cool with me too. You be you. =)
Yeah, it pisses me off either way. I know it's unreasonable to be mad at people for things that they're not aware that they're doing, but I usually just kick my annoyance under the fridge if they do it on accident.

SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Well, at least your mind understands the facts of the matter.

There is an old Chinese saying I like. "Control your emotion or it will control you." Sure, it's a heck of a lot easier said than done, but some of the sweetest thing I've ever enjoyed in my life were not earned easily. =)

Thanks for sharing, Sp3ct3r! I hope you master that part of you. =)

When people call me Orik rather than Ori.

Its not enough to speak about but its jaring.

Like damn.

Am I a dumbass on the internet or a Slavic blacksmith who speaks mostly in grunts?

People not understanding that you cannot always recover from and illness in a single day. This is mainly an issue with my mother-in-law... She gets agitated when anyone in the family is sick for more than a single day, and she never fully recovers from anything thing because she thinks mind over matter will make her heal faster and allow her to run all over town to do errands.

Just leave me alone in bed with a cooler full of water bottles and Gatorade, PLEASE.

Am I a dumbass on the internet or a Slavic blacksmith who speaks mostly in grunts?

Orikanyo Orikanyo Definitely not!

Heya Ori! Hope you had a good new year!

I have long wondered; what does Orikanyo mean and why did you choose it, please?

Orikanyo Orikanyo Definitely not!

Heya Ori! Hope you had a good new year!

I have long wondered; what does Orikanyo mean and why did you choose it, please?
Oh? The name?

Ah well, I made it up long ago during my days of a wee weeb. I tried making a cool sounding name and it sorta came together! Now... its my name as my normal one!

Does it mean anything? Maybe? Does it matter? Possibly.

But hey, its a good name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back