• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tear in the Multiverses: The New Timeline

(Short introduction, but I don't exactly have all the time here- my clock's ticking.)

Section

To find that everything that had happened in 2025 was just a ruse- something in a video game- had disturbed David. It sure didn't feel like the SEAL member had been simply dreaming when he saw his old man Woods pretty bent out of shape when he was talking about Menendez' revenge. Mason sure didn't feel like he had been dreaming when he was forced to bail out of Anderson's aircraft. Damn, to find out his entire life was supposedly just a made-up story? That shook the soldier up more than most other things would. But then again, the shellshock had faded away a while ago, so Mason was fine. He was still alive and breathing, anyways- real or not.

Either way, that egoistic maniac Raul Menendez was back in jail and not a threat to the world- not if Chloe had a say in it, at least.

In the meantime, he had received the message from this "Golden General" via his Data Glove Paired- which, thankfully, worked pretty darn well in this day and age- so he had driven his way there in a military Humvee. At this point he had parked in the driveway and now was at the front door. He almost had unslung his Storm PSR in preparation for a breaching, but realized that his second nature probably wasn't the best way to go.

Sighing as he double-checked the co-ordinates using his Data Glove on his wrist, Mason confirmed that this was the spot. He hadn't been to something as formal as his in ages, albeit he did suspect that it would be more like a military debriefing from the message. But he digressed. He should stop wasting time.

And with that, David knocked on the door twice.

Parso, the Golden General
"Okay, everyone is settled. Anyways, I brought you all here because a mystery 1 hour away from our area has recently gone viral and I want to solve the mystery. I also brought you here to see how good you guys can cooperate as a group." He said. "If you have been following the national news networks, you probably know of this crystal that fell out of the sky. With this new situation developing and new theories about this crystal going, you probably have heard about this. In 4 days, we are going to get to the crystal and see what's inside to settle the theories once and for all. People are suspecting that there is a way to get inside and we are going to-"

KNOCK.

"Let's see who is coming to our meeting a little later than usual. You guys stay put until I open the door." I get up from my special and comfortable chair and walked towards the door. I then open it to see who is inside. "It seems your a little late to our meeting. Anyways, you can take a seat where the others are at. Our meeting is just straight from the entrance." I walk back to the seat where it started. "Anyways, we will continue once this new person comes here. There is no time for introductions right now." The blocky figure with a big, yellow head, two swords behind his back, a green scarf and gold tinted clothing spoke.

FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla

(OOC note: Is everyone here alright with cursing? That goes under the PG-13 guidelines, no?)

Section

David surprisingly wasn't fazed by this bigheaded person's appearance, nor by the fact that his mouth didn't move whatsoever. In fact, he was kind of relieved by this- it reminded him that he wasn't the only one out of time, and that he was kind of lucky to still be on a form of Earth and not some other planet like Mars. That said, he did notice a couple of figures familiar to him through his childhood, although obviously different- he could spot both Luigi and Spider-Man from a mile away, albeit the former had only been a couple of pixels the last time Section checked. He blinked once or twice to get rid of his train of thought, which was masked by the pair of sunglasses he currently wore- something that had miraculously survived the Los Angeles incident, a memoir to him.

Taking off his sunglasses, Mason nodded before putting his eyewear away and nearly began to perform a salute until he realized that this person- the Golden General, he assumed- wasn't Admiral Briggs. Then again, he did see a couple of men who looked almost like they'd be just as high-ranking as Mason's old superior- one seeming to be a very official-looking man in a suit and cap, another with an eye patch that made him seem like a mercenary. But there were also a pair of kids, which made Mason question the legitimacy of this meeting, but he wouldn't question doubt it. For now.

"Yes, sir," was all that Section said- an old habit he would obviously have to break eventually- before walking over to an unoccupied seat by John. Once Mason sat down, he took one final glance downwards just to make sure both of his weapons had their safeties on- can't ever be too careful in his experience.

The Golden General The Golden General

Last edited:
Luigi did indeed hear of the mysterious crystal when he left his TV on the news during the times when he was in his hotel room. Though he didn't pay much attention to it, and due to his lack of access to YouTube he didn't see of anything else about it. The prospect of investigating seemed harmless enough, but the plumber had a bad feeling that said investigations will go quickly south as soon as they even approach it, if his past adventures have taught him anything. Luigi swallowed briefly before nodding, indicating he had heard the blocky person's words.

Luigi heard someone new coming in. He turned around to wave at the newcomer, who seemed to be some kind of soldier in the other room, not unlike what he saw in some kind of video game in this world, before turning back around. The green plumber still couldn't shake off his unease though.

"Hm...what if whatever is inside the crystal is a person? Like...maybe the crystal is a ship?" Peter suggested, unaware of the crystal's size, whether it were really, really small or humungous. The knock on the door interrupted his train of thought.

"Wow, more...soldiers.." Peter quietly commented. For a group of people who all came from different universes, Peter had been quite bummed the majority had some sort of military background. Where were the...the purple aliens from Neptune? The bright green robots from the Sun? Perhaps it had been his exposure to the Guardians of the Galaxy. Now THAT was diverse.

John nodded to the new arrival, feeling a faint hint of pleasure at the sight of another professional coming into the room. He honestly was dissapointed with the lineup; the only people with any skill it seemed was the Adviser, the Commander, and whoever had just arrived.

John took out his earbuds and raised his hand, waiting for the General to hopefully answer whatever question he may have.

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/mi...o-sign-up-thread-massive-crossover-rp.352086/ (I hate to advertise in my own thread but I just wanted to tell you guys about a relatively better RP called Millennium City. It is a crossover RP focused on character interaction and quests. You do not keep your weapons, though. If you want them, you must buy power orbs that come at a hefty price. I just wanted to tell you guys about this, so, bye.
(I'll be there as well, so you can be with my OC throughout the adventure!)

"The Adviser"
150ecge676gd9g087576-jpg.332994

Not much reactions nor words projected out of The Adviser. The newcomer caught his eye but he really didn't pay much attention to them. He was more focused on the yellow creature's briefing. A crystal? He was completely unaware that such object existed but either way, it sounded really important. Thinking of the possible danger of going there along with everyone else including the twins by his side really got him worried like a parent. "Excuse me, but pardon my interruption. Are we bringing them along?" He asked the gold tinted blockman while placing his gloved hand over Rin's shoulder. Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun The Golden General The Golden General

rinlenheadersmall_by_necessity4fun-daoat3a.png
"Yaaay!!!", Rin had cheered and hopped in excitement. Ohhh, she couldn't wait to know what the adventure was! She had a feeling it would be thrilling and fun. Not that music wasn't fun, because it totally was, but come on! How many times would she get a chance like this?!

Len on the other side, drooped and sighed. He was about 85% percent certain that it would be dangerous, risky and despite agreeing that having a weapon was better than going empty handed, couldn't help but wonder what good Luigi's hammer would be in some of the scenarios his over-thinking mind came up with. No really, what if they run into a spaceship? Or a tank? Or a spaceship-tank that was being piloted by aliens?! It would be hard to defend themselves even if they had a road-roller... Yes, these were weird situations but, just look at the table they had gathered to this meeting! That was weird too and it was happening!! Anything could be possible!
Also, they had to pass by Luigi's hotel to grab the hammers?? In the middle of the night? Okay, the Adviser might tag along making it a bit safer. But, it would be far past their time to be back at home! Oh, master would be so so worried!... OH NO, He had forgot to call her to say they would be late!

Then the Italian game character addressed him and temporarily took the boy out of worrying about calling home. It's true that he didn't want to come because everything was literally yelling 'dangerous!' at him. And it's also true that since convincing Rin to not join the mission would be nearly impossible, but even though letting her go while he stayed made logical sense, Len just couldn't fathom the thought of leaving his sibling with a bunch of strangers. EVEN if he knew two of those people by now...
He simply wouldn't be able to stop worrying about Rin if she went without him and would never be able to forgive himself if something happened to her while he wasn't around, all because he didn't want to take risks. No. The younger twin was decided to come along with her if she was allowed to participate. It was one of these occasions where what he wanted didn't really matter, for as long as he could watch over his sister. BE there for her in case she needed him to.

Before he could word his decision however, the meeting started. He panicked, shooting a glance towards the door. Dang, he had lost his chance to call home and would have to wait now... Len took a discreet peak at the phone for time and was a little relieved. If this ended up being a quick meeting he could still contact home in time.

Rin made her may back to her seat when the block person entered the room. Ohhh~This meant the meeting would start right, RIGHT? She was so excited! Leaning towards the table and putting her elbows over it, the girl watched everything with curious eyes, while supporting her head with her arms. Beside her, her brother preferred to lean back and cross his arms. There have been scientific reports that confirmed that by doing that people paid better attention to what was being said. Well, maybe human psychology didn't work on him, but it still was worth a try.

The girl was in awe the entire time. She had no idea what the crystal was all about, but damn! Did it sounds cool?! If Rin didn't know better, she'd be up to leave for this adventure as soon as this meeting was done! But it would be very very late in the night, and she did know better.
Len however, didn't seem very interested at first...but then he heard about the news and the crystal. He mouthed a surprised 'What?!' and had his interest instantly picked. Had he actually heard that? They were going to explore the CRYSTAL?! THAT.CRYSTAL?! It was the boy's turn to be amazed. This was exactly the sort of sci-fi stuff he loved! He didn't just knew what they were talking about, he was FASCINATED BY IT. Following blogs on the subject, reading theories, making his own, trying to science it out... And now, this mysterious party was supposed to go there?! He stood quiet to not interrupt, but his mind had already started devising a barrage of questions, some appropriate, others, not so much.

When the Adviser asked if they could come, the girl glanced over at him before putting on her pleading puppy eyes:

"Pleeeeeeease~", she begged, while her brother stood silent, lost deeply to his own thoughts.
Len had been against their participation in this expedition the entire afternoon, but now, he actually wanted to go more than anything else. Perhaps, even more than Rin at this point. The boy was just a lot better than his sister in concealing his excitement.

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre , The Golden General The Golden General

Last edited:
(Hope you don't mind if I take some 'inspiration' from you, Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun )

spiderman_logo.png

"Now I know how Mr. Stark feels..." Peter would mumble to himself. "Anyway~um, Mister...LEGO...guy, why are we starting in four days? I mean, we seem to have the whole crew here, and sure, those two need to get their hammers; but besides that, aren't we all ready? I mean~I know I'm ready. Any...anyone else?" The wall crawler flipped onto the chair beneath him from the ceiling.

Section

Taking a look around the room, having been satisfied with his PSR, Mason noticed both Luigi and the merc greet him- with a wave and a nod, respectively. He figured it would be polite to do the same thing, thus returning both wave and nod to sender. As he did this, it kind of pained him to see that this was it- for a bunch of "Interuniversal Defenders", they seemed very ill-equipped.

Despite being impressed by both the merc and the suited man, Section didn't know what kind of firepower they possessed- and generally if they were going up against something extraterrestrial Mason would assume regular infantry weapons wouldn't be effective. And as for Luigi and Spider-Man, he wasn't sure either's somewhat supernatural abilities would cut it, either.

...After listening to the little children- whom the girl seemed most eager whilst the boy appeared to be just in it for the ride- and the seriousness of the suited man's voice- not to mention Spider-Man's quip (whom actually sounded pretty young)- the SEAL's interest was peaked.

"Hold on a second. I just got here, so you'll need to fill me in with any Intel you have. Not to mention I don't know if it would be best for the two kids to come with us- with all due respect, of course, considering I just arrived," The former J-SOC member voiced. He didn't have any problem with children in general, though- it was just that... well, they could easily get traumatized.

Section could still recall flashbacks of the night that Raul Menendez pulled off his scheme to kill David's father. After Woods had told him everything that happened, Mason had begun to recall that damn night, and even though Alex had survived after all he still remembered as a kid how he felt finding his father "dead" on the ground.

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

What if the kids got into an incident? Or actually had to kill someone? That could haunt them for the rest of their lives, if they weren't truly prepared. Mason didn't realize that he was staring at the kids with a funny expression on his face- more specifically a deep-thinking frown- until he broke his train of thought, at which he turned away and scratched his chin to hide his face for a few moments before turning to Spider-Man to address him.

demdo_demi demdo_demi

"And before we head out, I assume we all have to get comfortable with each other- and make absolutely sure we are ready. A team's only strong as its weakest link, as they say. And we definitely can't just head over about-" David paused to check the distance on his Data Glove- "A hundred and twenty two klicks down south only to realize we came unprepared- assuming you're talking about that viral crystal. In other words, we can't simply charge in as is."

Last edited:
"The Adviser"
150ecge676gd9g087576-jpg.332994

Again, his attention was caught to the newcomer after looking down to the two small twins. He was just as silent as Len. "The man has a point. We can't just bring them along even with weapons equipped to them." He stated to the blockman. He grew real worried for the two. Then again looking back to his Orange star CO days. He has encountered someone as young as the twins which is Andy the boy genius of the Orange star army. Although they seem a lot older than the twins but the twins might be older. Despite that Andy is young as Len so it kinda counts. Not to mention that he is his first CO to be under his command. An official CO! A kid! He has this feeling that they might handle this situation just like Andy did. Standing firm from his seat he voiced out in a very dead serious tone "If may i have a request, sir but. I would like to take private Rin and Len under my super vision. I will hold responsibility for their safety." He said with his other free hand resting in his chest, passionately. He wanted to take the responsibility and give his all to keep the two safe and sound. The Golden General The Golden General Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

The Commander
"Greetings."
I salute towards Section, before turning back to the General.
"From the sky? Interesting. I would like permission for XCOM personnel to take the crystal for research once the mission's over."

Gear
I follow suit with the salute towards Section, albeit without saying anything, before turning back to the General without a word. However, I immediately begin checking over my laser minigun and shield, before confirming that they were working(even though it was in 4 days). I give Parso a swift nod.
Heh. Parso. Now the Golden General.
In the meanwhile, I spot Apoc and M. Gear giving Section a nod. Apoc didn't say anything, while M. Gear goes with a simple hello.

Apoc
I open my backpack. Ammo for my sniper rifle, revolver, food, quite a bit of water and soft drinks...
Alright. I'm ready. But it's in 4 days, so I can take this time to gather more supplies.

M. Gear
"Interesting, indeed."
I check over my lightning shotgun, drone, and my healing potion supply. All working or here.
Ready to go. Might want to take care of my supplies until the mission.

Parso, The Golden General
demdo_demi demdo_demi
"I'm not sure if we have adjusted to each other yet. This is why I am giving a few free days for everyone to get used to each other. We also need to be really sure if we are completely ready. Most of us are but there might be some people that aren't ready yet." I say as my reason.

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
The General let out a small sigh. "Alright, you two can go under the Adviser's supervision. You will be responsible for their safety." He knew that if they went without supervision they might botch up the entire mission with one of their recklessness. He also did not know what the crystal held as it might be dangerous for the twin.

"We were just talking about this strange crystal that fell out of the sky just an hour away from where we were and how I wanted to solve that mystery. I invited all of you here for this mystery that we are about to solve." I say to the soldier. "It really looks like there are only a few naturals here..."

GearBlade654 GearBlade654
"Do you have a massive crane? Or will your forces be working on this massive crystal? I've heard it's trenched 75 feet below the ground." He knew it would be hard, if not impossible, to get the crystal out of the ground without a crane.

Hazeron Hazeron
The General then waited for his questions to be asked. "If you wanted to ask me a question, then right now is the perfect time to do that."

Well, Luigi usually has a considerable store of power-ups, but it doesn't hurt to check his inventory. After all, he would hate to run out at the worst possible time. And plus, he would need to go get the hammers for the twins, and perhaps show them how to use them. Speaking of, he still needs to pull up a map on his 3DS to find his way back to the hotel.

Though it would be rude to bring out the game device right now, so Luigi decided to wait.
Instead, the plumber said, "I'll-a make sure I'm stocked up-a good on Fire Flowers and Tanooki Leaves!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back