• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Tales of the Rising Phoenix (Fantasy-Adventure)

Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.
J.K. Rowling

m6Y7Z2.gif

Plot

For so many years, the Undiscovered Lands had never been successfully explored, nor conquered. It has remained as a land of danger and mystery, of which none can lay their hands (or feet) on. Many terrifying tales are told about it, encouraging people to stray away from it, and such stories are enough to keep most of the people from being interested in taking a peek or even venturing in the mystery that the Undiscovered Lands have held for so long.

However, there are those brave and crazy enough to go ahead and take a journey to the Undiscovered Lands. They returned dying, or not at all. And those who returned either died quickly or acted like the rest - straying away from the Undiscovered Lands. None of them ever spoke about their travels there. When asked about such things, they would either show an expression of fear, or simply ignore the one who questions them. Their existence further enhanced the people's fear or disinterest in the Undiscovered Lands.

Then one day, the Rising Phoenix Guild, a largely-populated and powerful guild, declares to everyone that they will not only be venturing in the Undiscovered Lands, but conquer it as well, not only to prove that such a place should not be feared, but for the development of the whole continent, Yislone, and all its civilizations as well. Seeing that the famous group would be doing such an act, most of the people put their hopes in them and cheered for their success. After receiving such a response, the Rising Phoenix Guild prepared its forces and headed off in the Undiscovered Lands.

So, what now?

Now, you, who are interested and/or wish to join this rp, will be playing as a member of the Rising Phoenix Guild, and take on an adventure in the mysterious Undiscovered Lands. Your character will be traveling with others, probably made up of five or more members. Your character and the other members will be going through different things, such as physical combat, puzzle, emotional strife, psychological problems, and more as the story progresses.

The story will take place in a medieval setting. It will start in the edges of the city of Phaesa, where your character's group would be prepped for departure and immediately venture in the Undiscovered Lands once you have been briefed. Although I have mapped out the paths in which the story will take, I'd still like it if you would be giving suggestions on the development of the story.

That being said, I'm glad you took a look in this interest check even if you are not going to join. But I'd happier if you did.

Other Info

Yislone
Yislone is a medium-sized continent, whose lands are mostly fertile. High landmarks, such as mountains and mountain ranges are quite rare. Hills, on the other hand, are not as rare. Forests and swamps are the most common landmarks in this continent. Rivers and waterfalls are also quite rare, but not lakes. The shores are usually full of ports and fisheries, but are not quite productive due to the usual occurrence of low tides.

Yislone is not governed by a single monarch, thus it does not qualify as a single kingdom. The cities, named, Caham, Ridon, and Phaesa, are separately governed by different councils, which all members are nobles. Although conflict between them is unavoidable, such a thing is yet to be experienced. The three cities are currently partners with each other in regards to trade.

rp_f_isle.png

rp_f_isle_2.png
Cities of Yislone

I will not be giving much info on the three cities, since most of the story will take in the Undiscovered Lands.

Caham

The first city to be established in Yislone. Many of the first settlers who migrated from other lands took refuge in here, and helped in the development of the several civilizations in Yislone. Caham is seen as the capital of Yislone, though there is no confirmation of such a thing.

Ridon

Phaesa and this city was established in quite a close time. Ridon's location has made it to be called the "Port City", due to the several shores near it. However, unlike the usual port cities, Ridon's main products are livestock. Horses, pigs, chickens, etc. are usually bought from the city's different shops.

Phaesa

Phaesa's true purpose was to be a city filled with adventurers, who will then go in the Undiscovered Lands and conquer it. However, due to the very high failure rate, Phaesa was soon turned into a bigger version of Caham, and became a simple residential city. Although there are still a few pubs near the borders of the Undiscovered Lands, the number of adventurers who continue to reside in Phaesa is quite low.

Rising Phoenix Guild

The Rising Phoenix Guild was first known as a guild which punished other guilds for evil deeds, such as terrorizing the weak, stealing, murder, etc. Their actions caused them to rise into fame in such a quick time, which then gained them a huge number of recruits. Now that they are quite well-known, they have given larger matters more focus. They usually partake in dungeon raids, manhunts, rebuilding of structures, and other things of high importance.

But what truly made them famous is their successful slaying of a dragon. Although it did take a huge part from them - such as materials, and lives of several members, such an action gave them more than they lost. This made other guilds respect them, if not fear them.

This looks interesting. I'd be down to join. A few questions, if I may; what are your expectations for your role players? As in activity-wise and post length. I can adjust to whatever length but I'd like to get an idea.

Nikolajsen said:
This looks interesting. I'd be down to join. A few questions, if I may; what are your expectations for your role players? As in activity-wise and post length. I can adjust to whatever length but I'd like to get an idea.
This would be somewhere in the lines of casual and detailed, so I'd like it if players are able to post more than a paragraph. But if such a thing would cause difficulties, then a paragraph of not less than five sentences would suffice. As for activity, I'd recommend if the players would be able to post at least twice a week.

The information here is still lacking, but the one that'll be placed in the overview would be the complete one. If you have any questions regarding them, I'd be glad to answer them.

Can I join?

Bravest said:
The information here is still lacking, but the one that'll be placed in the overview would be the complete one. If you have any questions regarding them, I'd be glad to answer them.

DennisR said:
okay.
one question, can we use OC's?
Yes, of course. You must've thought this was a kind-of fandom due to the League gif I used. Original characters are the only characters that would fit this rp, since this is not fandom.

Just so everyone here knows this.... I'm that crazy chick in the guild that will do anything because she is that crazy..... Letting people know that I call that one girl

I think I'm interested in this. But, what species are there? Just humans, or anything else?

Ktulu said:
I think I'm interested in this. But, what species are there? Just humans, or anything else?
Pretty much any race in the fantasy genre. Made-up races are welcome also, provided that you can give significant information regarding them.

May I change the colours and such? The colour scheme doesn't work well on (my) mobile. Also, for the appearance, do you want a description and picture or either or? @Bravest

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back