• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Sword Coast Heroes

attack bonus just refers to your attack bonus, not the damage so it would be +5.

In the damage section you can write 1d4+3 P (P for piercing)

anything, depend on your character concept, too many to list.

Like if you want to be a dancer, you would take the entertainer background. If you want to be a smuggler, you would pick the criminal background and so many more backgrounds...

Also in the first post did list a few backgrounds that are specific to the realms:

-City Watch (variant: Investigator)

-Clan Crafter (most likely a dwarf)

-Cloistered Scholar

-Courtier

-Faction Agent

-Far Traveler (you come from very far away)

-Inheritor: Heir of something of great value.

-Knight of the Order (inquire about specific orders of faerun)

-Mercenary Veteran

-Urban Bounty Hunter

-Uthgard Tribe Member

-Waterdhavian Noble (Noble from Waterdeep)

yeah you can. It would be Guild artisan:

Skill Proficiencies: Insight, Persuasion

Tool Proficiencies: One type of artisan ’s tools

Languages: On e of you r ch oice

Equipment: A set of artisan’s tools (one of your choice),

a letter of introduction from your guild, a set of

traveler’s cloth es, and a belt pouch contain in g 15 gp

Guild business: (whatever for example : Painters, cooks or Cartographers , essentially any artisans.)

Feature: Guild Membership (basically advantages related to your guild business. such as lodging or guild members helping you with contact etc... you must pay 5 gp per month to the guild. If you miss payments can make some later.)

Personality trait: can roll or choose , 1d8

Ideal: roll or choose, 1d6 (if you have an alignment in mind, its easier, if not just roll.)

Bond: roll or choose, 1d6

Flaw: roll or choose, 1d6

Since my character has a noble background, would be best to be a Waterdhavian Noble, with her father being the Noble? Or should I be an Inheritor due to being a Half-Elf?

@KarenAKAMint Depends what you are looking for.

-Noble is for any generic kind of noble, which can be any explanation you want.

-Waterdhavian nobles are mostly humans noble families from Waterdeep, they are known to be spoiled, eccentric and venal, of course, you don't have to follow the stereotype.

-Inheritor is not what you think, Inheritor is more like classic heroes stories of you are the heir of something special, could be an item (like a ring for example), a marking etc....like most heroes, you don't know what is the true power of your inheritance and will figure out as the story goes on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Essentually replace typical background skills and profs with a thing with big lights that say "plot hook" on it.

I just took alcolyte and twisted the words of it to suit my needs, prissy thing goes on an adventure essentually.

Lol. [dice]23423[/dice] Don't really care for the Urn, but at least I won't have to change my backstory much xD I previously had a necklace with mummified elf fingers. I don't suppose I can just choose a trinket?

OK, are there any other things that need to be rolled randomly? I believe I've seen before you have many things as choose or roll, like bonds and such. I've manually chosen all of that stuff. If there's nothing else that needs to be randomly rolled, I think I'm ready to post my character sheet. @Legend of tomorrow

@Legend of tomorrow I have a friend that may be interested in joining if you're still accepting? He's an experienced player, but has no 5e gameplay experience. But he knows how to make a character and everything. He'll also be new to this site xD

Well, I played a little D&D when I was little, but I don't remember much, nor do I know anything of the 5th Edition, but I'm always willing to learn as I go. I've made a character to the best of my ability. I couldn't find any stuff on Far Traveler, the one Wiki thing I did find hadn't been made yet, so I used the Traveler background I found instead.

It is fanmade apparently, but it looks good. I can find something else if it isn't acceptable.

@Pom Pom Express Already a lot of people applying, so would have to say no, I mean...I think we have 6 or 7 applying already? and I thought it was going to be small group.

@Zy That Guy See sorcerer

Forgot your character Hit points.

You have only a dagger written down with the gear from the background which means you didn't choose gear from sorcerer.

You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background: (choose between a or b at each line)

• (a) a light crossbow and 20 bolts or (b) any simple weapon
  • (a) a component pouch or (b) an arcane focus
  • (a) a dungeoneer’s pack or (b) an explorer’s pack
  • Two daggers

Let see all the attacks stuffs are wrong:

Dagger uses your dexterity modifier for attack roll and damage:

Dagger +4 (2 from proficiency, 2 from dex) and damage is 1d4+2 (dexterity)

Acid splash is just 1d6. Enemy has to beat a dexterity saving throw.

You don't have your sorcerous origin written down including class features.

Need to write down your number of spell slots. (two 1st level slots)

Your spellcasting DC and attack modifiers are worth writing down.

(Your spellcasting dc is 8 + proficiency bonus + charisma) or in your case 8+2+2 = 12

Your spellcasting attack modifier is +4 (+2 from proficiency, +2 from charisma)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Seraph Darkfire :

Adding +1 from intelligence, just write down the total so intelligence 11 and +2 from charisma for charisma 10.

Hit points, AC etc...use your modifiers, not the ability scores. So for example : Start with the following hit points:

8+constitution modifier = So 8 + your con modifier (1) = 9 hp.

Better to write down class features instead feats, as it is something else entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back