• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Sword Coast Heroes

Legend of tomorrow

The Sword Coast runs along the Sea of Swords from North of Amn to the Sea of Ice and includes some places of the North under the Lords' Alliance . Welcome to Sword Coast Heroes, a game of D&D in the forgotten realms on the continent of Faerun. It includes many legendary cities: Westgate, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter and Waterdeep just to cite a few.

First of all, before we get started, think of what kind of character you want to play in a world of high fantasy and adventures.

For this going to give you a basic rundown of what is going:

This link is going to help you: The 5e srd

The races of the Realm:

Dwarves: Stout warriors and great craftsmen, Gold (Hill Dwarves) and Shield dwarves (Mountain Dwarves). The duergar won't be playable due to the heroic nature of the game. If you want to know about clans names, deities etc...feel free to ask.

Elves: Master of magic and warfare, the elves did settle across the world a long time ago. Now the great elven kingdoms have become ruins. Moon Elves (high elf), Sun elves (high elf), Wood elf (use wood elf). Drow exists but tend to not be seen as allies by most people on the sword coast, so would be preferred to keep them as npc.

Halflings: Hobbits, seriously they are hobbits without the hairy feet. Lightfoot halflings and strongheart halflings. If you need help about visualizing look up any Lord of the ring movies.

Humans: Humans have various backgrounds, looks, etc... depending on where they are from, feel free to inquire about more details, too many to list. Fair to say if you want to play tribal people, civilized, cultured, nomads etc...there are all kind of humans.

Dragonborn: Draconic Humanoids created by the Dragon God Io. If you want to play dragon people, that's the race for you, yes, you do get to breath fire or whatever element depending on your dragon heritage.

Gnomes: Strange small race, often underestimated by most races out there. Forest gnomes , Rock Gnomes and Deep gnomes are the different types of gnomes.

Half-Elf: Hybrid of humans and elves, they are treated differently depending on where they are. Some places like elves, other disdain them just like some places like humans and others don't. Hybrids of various kind of elves have a wide range abilities depending on their parent.

Half-Orc: Hybrid of Humans and Orcs...orcs don't have a great connotation in most places. Half-orcs are mistreated among orcs and considered second class citizen and humans don't like half-orcs either, as they remind them too much of raids and other horrors of the war with orcs.

Tieflings: Tieflings are humans with the blood of fiends, most owe their heritage to Asmodeus placing a curse a long time ago. Tieflings have been freed from Asmodeus curse but many people see devil looking humanoid and assume that they worship the Lord of the Nine. Since this time, tieflings have been from various infernal bloodlines. Some tieflings worship Asmodeus, while other battle everything against this stereotype.

Aasimars: Humans with celestial blood (angels and the likes), they are rarer than tieflings by far.

Classes:

All classes that you can find in the srd link above, can be found in the realm, feel free to inquire about them in the realm but mostly interested in your character. Some options exist for the forgotten realms but will talk about them when it become relevant (at level 3).

Backgrounds:

Beside that there are backgrounds specific to the realm, beside the generic backgrounds (Entertainer, Noble, Sage etc...)

-City Watch (variant: Investigator)

-Clan Crafter (most likely a dwarf)

-Cloistered Scholar

-Courtier

-Faction Agent

-Far Traveler (you come from very far away)

-Inheritor: Heir of something of great value.

-Knight of the Order (inquire about specific orders of faerun)

-Mercenary Veteran

-Urban Bounty Hunter

-Uthgard Tribe Member

-Waterdhavian Noble (Noble from Waterdeep)

Fun Fact:

Record of Lodoss War comes from a D&D campaign if you need help visualizing some stuffs.

For a more recent openly inspired and using D&D style magic system and abilities, take a look at Overlord(granted this is from the evil overlord point of view):

[media]

[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait can we not play as Goliath's I swore they are a player race in 5E.

Goliath are a race in 5e, they are from the Elemental Evil Player Companion. What I listed are the most common races.

[QUOTE="Legend of tomorrow]Goliath are a race in 5e, they are from the Elemental Evil Player Companion. What I listed are the most common races.

[/QUOTE]
I thought so, while I haven't played 5e I have watched it.

Can we play as a Goliath?

[QUOTE="Legend of tomorrow]Yes you can play as a Goliath. If you have questions about them feel free to ask.

[/QUOTE]
Sweet!

No questions....yet!

Dexterity[/URL] modifier + your Constitution modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit.

In general unless you have a great dexterity, you would be better off putting on some armor, don't feel forced to use that class ability.

Anyway now you get to pick your starting gear: (choose from (a) or (b))

• (a) a greataxe or (b) any martial melee weapon
  • (a) two handaxes or (b) any simple weapon
  • An explorer’s pack and four javelins

Then we will have to discuss which background do you want, which all comes down to your character concept.
Didn't want to clog up the character sheet thing so I moved this here ^-^

Well I've done that as well.

I picked the Greataxe and two handaxes.

For now I'm going to wear no armor right now a 14 ac at level 1 seems okay.

Well the quick run down of my character is;

During her younger years Inaria often enjoyed proving her might amongst the ranks of her family's wandering herd. But after coming upon an unsuspecting elderly gnome in the woods, she objected to the killing of such an innocent life. A creature of impulse, Inaria felt only pity for this terrified little thing. Her disobedience cost her dearly. Beaten bloody and banished by the herd leader, her uncle Rijack, Inaria was abandoned and left to die.

Exiled from her herd, it was then fate that lead a group of mercenaries across the dying Inaria. The group nursed her back to health and upon wondering why they went through such trouble, the old gnome she saved that she saved came out. As it turns out the gnome was the leader of the group and thanks to Inaria he was alive to lead today. Upon being healed back to good health Inaria decided to join the group and they never complained having a giant near 9'ft Goliath helping you out never is a bad thing.

Sadly however Inaria began to lose faith in the group, ever since she joined they just left everything to her after all why would they fight if a Goliath can do it. Still she stayed with the group as it was good training, she stuck with the group for a year and then in the middle of the night taking as much gold as she could she left and began traveling doing the odd jobs for job. Lately she has been traveling from tavern to tavern drinking and fighting.

@NekoChanBo Alright, well for your background, you could for the Outlander background

Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Survival (since you already have athletics and if you do survival, replaces the skills with two others: see the list of skills here)

Tool Proficiencies: One type of musical instrument (your choice)

Languages: One of your choice

Equipment: A staff, a hunting trap, a trophy from an animal you killed, a set of traveler’s clothes, and a belt pouch containing 10 gp

Origin: Exile

Feature: Wanderer (Excellent memory of maps , geography, you can find food and water for yourself and up to five other people every day granted it is possible to hunt/collect from the land or there are water sources nearby)

Personality trait: (you can choose or roll) , if you do decide to roll, its 1d8.

Ideal: (choose one or make your own)

Change. Life is like the seasons, in constant change,

and we must change with it. (Chaotic) or

Nature. The natural world is more important than all

the constructs of civilization. (Neutral) or

Glory. I must earn glory in battle, for myself and

my clan. (Any)

Bond: Roll or Choose again, if you decide to roll, it's 1d6.

Flaw: Roll or Choose, if you decide to roll, it's 1d6.

Then after this will talk about weapon stats and you will be good to go.

Here I am, to do cleric stuff.

By my hand, you shall heal and buff.

As usual any questions and the likes feel free to ask.

As a cleric, it would be worth looking into the deities of the forgotten realms but guessing you are a little bit familiar with them but if any questions again, just ask.

[QUOTE="Legend of tomorrow]As usual any questions and the likes feel free to ask.
As a cleric, it would be worth looking into the deities of the forgotten realms but guessing you are a little bit familiar with them but if any questions again, just ask.

[/QUOTE]
aye, tempted to play it safe with lathander... but... well... I've always loved playing a cleric of Sharess, simply because... nobody gets to complain with you being followed by several cats.

The cats are the only reason i played that character! You can't prove anything!

regardless, I'll be looking over everything once more, figure out something fun.

Legend of tomorrow] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/24069-nekochanbo/ said:
@NekoChanBo[/URL] Alright, well for your background, you could for the Outlander background
Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Survival (since you already have athletics and if you do survival, replaces the skills with two others: see the list of skills here)

Tool Proficiencies: One type of musical instrument (your choice)

Languages: One of your choice

Equipment: A staff, a hunting trap, a trophy from an animal you killed, a set of traveler’s clothes, and a belt pouch containing 10 gp

Origin: Exile

Feature: Wanderer (Excellent memory of maps , geography, you can find food and water for yourself and up to five other people every day granted it is possible to hunt/collect from the land or there are water sources nearby)

Personality trait: (you can choose or roll) , if you do decide to roll, its 1d8.

Ideal: (choose one or make your own)

Change. Life is like the seasons, in constant change,

and we must change with it. (Chaotic) or

Nature. The natural world is more important than all

the constructs of civilization. (Neutral) or

Glory. I must earn glory in battle, for myself and

my clan. (Any)

Bond: Roll or Choose again, if you decide to roll, it's 1d6.

Flaw: Roll or Choose, if you decide to roll, it's 1d6.

Then after this will talk about weapon stats and you will be good to go.
Yeah, i'll go for a Outlander background.

Skill Proficiencies: Since I have both I take it I pick two others?

Languages: I'm just going to ignore this mostly since i'm playing a barbarian and they aren't really meant to know much, plus I just like playing a total idiot.

Personality trait:

[dice]23381[/dice]

Ideal:

Glory. I must earn glory in battle for myself. (clan wouldn't make sense)

Bond:

[dice]23382[/dice]

Flaw:

[dice]23383[/dice]

@Brumock instead of cluttering the character sign up, here's better, would prefer to just have the sheets there: anyway city watch:

There are many great cities in the forgotten realms, from the wintershields of Neverwinter to the City Watch of Waterdeep...or if you just want to be from a small village somewhere, you could be.

Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Insight (if you have again one or more those skills, look up the list of skills and choose something else.)

Languages: Two of your choice

Equipment: A uniform in the style of your unit and indicative of your rank , a horn with which to summon help , a set of manacles, and a pouch containing 10 gp.

Feature: Watcher's Eye (Essentially you are friend with law enforcement, can locate them, and can easily pick out criminal den, doesn't mean you will be welcome in the latter.)

Personality trait: Roll or choose, 1d8.

Ideal: Since you didn't choose an alignment you can roll or choose, Roll 1d6 (evil result will be ignored and I'll just reroll for you.) If you have an alignment in mind, just let me know.

Bond: Roll or choose, 1d6

Flaw: Roll or choose, 1d6

@NekoChanBo 2 others skills indeed,

personality trait:

I’m always picking things up, absently fiddling with them, and sometimes accidentally breaking them.

Bond:

I suffer awful visions of a coming disaster and will do anything to prevent it.

Flaw:

There’s no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.

Legend of tomorrow][uSER=51615] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/24069-nekochanbo/ said:
@NekoChanBo[/URL] 2 others skills indeed,

personality trait:

I’m always picking things up, absently fiddling with them, and sometimes accidentally breaking them.

Bond:

I suffer awful visions of a coming disaster and will do anything to prevent it.

Flaw:

There’s no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.[/uSER]
ITS PERFECT!

I just love the idea of a giant idiot running around picking everything shiny up.

For the bond for some reason I picture it as she drunk to much and had a messed up dream ^-^

and the flaw well....a idiot who picked everything up and doesn't care about what might be in the room this will be fun setting off all the traps!

NekoChanBo said:
ITS PERFECT!
I just love the idea of a giant idiot running around picking everything shiny up.

For the bond for some reason I picture it as she drunk to much and had a messed up dream ^-^

and the flaw well....a idiot who picked everything up and doesn't care about what might be in the room this will be fun setting off all the traps!
fits a barbarian quite well~

NekoChanBo said:
Yes...yes it does and that's why I love it so much!
Indeed~

Now i msut get to work, a cleric wont build themselves.

@Legend of tomorrow Do you mind if i use a online character sheet? just to speed along the creation a tad. I'll write out the background and such for you afterwards of course.

alright now sorting the few details for your sheet then, don't forget to check the skills section to see which skills associated with what:

Athletics is strength for example, so if you have a strength of 17 (+3) modifier, with ahtletics +2 proficiency = +5.

Now you picked the greataxe:

The greataxe is a heavy, two-handed weapon which does 1d12 damage.

What you need to know your proficiency bonus is +2 so for a melee attack you would do this:

Greataxe +2 but it is a strength weapon (+3 from your strength modifier) so

Greataxe +5 to your rolls. Now for the damage , same as your attack roll strength modifier on top of the weapon damage:

1d12+3 (from strength modifier)

So simply write it like that:

Melee attack: Greataxe +5 , Damage: 1d12+3

Handaxes are light and thrown weapons, they do 1d6 damage and use your strength modifier.

Cool, I'll get right on this.

[QUOTE="Legend of tomorrow]alright now sorting the few details for your sheet then, don't forget to check the skills section to see which skills associated with what:
Athletics is strength for example, so if you have a strength of 17 (+3) modifier, with ahtletics +2 proficiency = +5.

Now you picked the greataxe:

The greataxe is a heavy, two-handed weapon which does 1d12 damage.

What you need to know your proficiency bonus is +2 so for a melee attack you would do this:

Greataxe +2 but it is a strength weapon (+3 from your strength modifier) so

Greataxe +5 to your rolls. Now for the damage , same as your attack roll strength modifier on top of the weapon damage:

1d12+3 (from strength modifier)

So simply write it like that:

Melee attack: Greataxe +5 , Damage: 1d12+3

Handaxes are light and thrown weapons, they do 1d6 damage and use your strength modifier.

[/QUOTE]
Done that.

Anything else I need to do? Also mind taking a look over my current sheet just to make sure I have got everything right?

[QUOTE="Legend of tomorrow]I'll look over the sheet a bit later , right now taking a little break and probably to get some food.

[/QUOTE]
Okay!

I'm going to head to bed anyhow its kind of 5:30 am -_-

hmm.. curious...

As a cleric of kelemvor, would you allow the light domain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back