• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Sword Coast Heroes

[QUOTE="Legend of tomorrow]Kelemvor the god of death? probably not. But you might consider Helm, Lathander or Sune even comes close to Sharess in general.

[/QUOTE]
true true... not many domains yet to squeeze a kelevorite...

Sure, Sunite is good enough.

@KarenAKAMint Half-Elf for their abilities score, they get +2 to charisma and then two other abilities get increased by +1 not +1 to everything. Should be noted tho, if you have an idea of what kind of half-elf you want to be sword coast did add more racial options for the half-elf. But well, no worries either way.

@NekoChanBo The system is actually very friendly to people making the characters that they want to make...for example your handaxes use strength even if they are thrown, a dagger in comparison would use dex. So +2 proficiency, +3 strength, +5 for the attack roll.Javelin you are proficient with it also, so same again, your strength +3, and proficiency bonus which is +2 so +5 to roll when you use the javelin.

Also worth writing down your saving throws proficiencies for quick information:

Barbarian have strength and constitution saving throws proficiencies.

Again very simple look at your modifiers and add the proficiency bonuses:

Strength +3 and proficiency bonus of +2 = +5

Do the same for your constitution.

Also roll 1d100 to find out what kind of trinket you start with.

@Brumock you didn't write down the equipment on your character sheet. Considering that you have a higher dexterity than strength, you might consider using a finesse weapon...in 5e, something cool that they did, if someone wants to use a weapon with dexterity they can from the beginning without feeling like they made a sub-optimal choice. Rapier for example is a finesse weapon, which means, you would add your dexterity bonus + proficiency bonus (Attack roll +5) and your damage would use your dexterity modifier (+3) for the rapier instead of strength. But well if you want to keep using the longsword, you can just that you would have to use your strength modifier instead of dexterity.

Legend of tomorrow][uSER=37329] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/24069-nekochanbo/ said:
@NekoChanBo[/URL] The system is actually very friendly to people making the characters that they want to make...for example your handaxes use strength even if they are thrown, a dagger in comparison would use dex. So +2 proficiency, +3 strength, +5 for the attack roll.Javelin you are proficient with it also, so same again, your strength +3, and proficiency bonus which is +2 so +5 to roll when you use the javelin.

Also worth writing down your saving throws proficiencies for quick information:

Barbarian have strength and constitution saving throws proficiencies.

Again very simple look at your modifiers and add the proficiency bonuses:

Strength +3 and proficiency bonus of +2 = +5

Do the same for your constitution.

Also roll 1d100 to find out what kind of trinket you start with.

[/uSER]
Oh I thought javelin's and handaxes were dex thanks for correcting me -_-

Noted it down.

And for my roll

[dice]23389[/dice]

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically unless the weapon says finesse, and even if it did for a thrown weapon, you can choose to use strength or dexterity.

Your trinket: A hilt from a broken sword

[QUOTE="Legend of tomorrow]Basically unless the weapon says finesse, and even if it did for a thrown weapon, you can choose to use strength or dexterity.
Your trinket: A hilt from a broken sword

[/QUOTE]
Oh I didn't know that, thank you!

Ah ha a trinket from a defeated foe...or something I picked up from the floor.

Almost forgot don't forget to write down also the range for your handaxes (20/60)

20 feet is your normal range, meaning if you try to hit someone within 20 feet, it is a normal thrown. If you try to attack someone beyond the normal range (21 feet and higher) you roll with a disadvantage and limited to a max distance of 60 feet.

Advantage and Disadvantage are fairly intuitive but a quick breakdown:

-Advantage on d20 roll: you roll 1d20 twice, and you pick the highest roll.

-Disadvantage on d20 roll: you roll 1d20 twice, and you pick the lowest roll.

[QUOTE="Legend of tomorrow]Almost forgot don't forget to write down also the range for your handaxes (20/60)
20 feet is your normal range, meaning if you try to hit someone within 20 feet, it is a normal thrown. If you try to attack someone beyond the normal range (21 feet and higher) you roll with a disadvantage and limited to a max distance of 60 feet.

Advantage and Disadvantage are fairly intuitive but a quick breakdown:

-Advantage on d20 roll: you roll 1d20 twice, and you pick the highest roll.

-Disadvantage on d20 roll: you roll 1d20 twice, and you pick the lowest roll.

[/QUOTE]
Nice, anything else?

Wow, so much was written already. It seems to be mostly character discussion, so I skimmed over most of it. I have a bard I made when I was attempting to play a game before. I don't know if the rule books I used are the same ones I'd use for here, it's just a 5e book I got from a friend online. I'm at work right now, so please forgive the lack of structure to my post, but when I get home, I can either link the book or just describe it and see if that works? Anyways, my bard was built to be a healer/buffer, but with a cleric, I can make him just a buffer. I had the sheet fully done, but I can recollection trinkets and stuff like that, and change skills to fit the group. @Legend of tomorrow I have the basic rulebook, which I've gone through a while ago, and the character creation book. I don't know of there are different versions or not, so let me know what you think. I'll be able to reply again in about 6 hours or so.

[QUOTE="Legend of tomorrow]@legends of tomorrow I tried to look for the different variants for Half-elf that you were talking about but I'm not sure what you mean. And I'm going to change some things to my stats. *Found it*

[/QUOTE]

@KarenAKAMint It's actually not too complicated for the variant half-elf, it only matters if you care about that. It's from the sword coast adventurer guide, basically what it does, you replace the half-elf keen senses for one racial trait of the kind of elf you are from.

Half-wood elf for example could replace keen senses for one of those three: Elf Weapon training, Fleet of Foot or Mask of the Wild.

But well if you don't care too much about what kind of half-elf you are or switching racial trait around, you can just describe your half-elf however you want.

Guess for people writing down their character sheets...if you want, you can make a note of your stat increase somewhere else.

Usually to make it easier in presentation and on yourself is just better to write down the modifier for example:

Strength 15 (+2) is a +2 modifier.

On your sheet, you mostly only need to know the following: Your alignment, Your Permanent ability scores, their modifiers, your proficiency, your equipment, class and racial features, your attack rolls.

Just did realize that some people might not be familiar with the concept of alignment...I'll try to give a quick summary of it:

here a brief summary of the nine alignments:

Lawful good (LG) creatures can be counted on to do the right thing as expected by society. Gold dragons, paladins, and most dwarves are lawful good.

Neutral good (NG) folk do the best they can to help others according to their needs. Many celestials, some cloud giants, and most gnomes are neutral good.

Chaotic good (CG) creatures act as their conscience directs, with little regard for what others expect. Copper dragons, many elves, and unicorns are chaotic good.

Lawful neutral (LN) individuals act in accordance with law, tradition, or personal codes. Many monks and some wizards are lawful neutral.

Neutral (N) is the alignment of those who prefer to steer clear of moral questions and don’t take sides, doing what seems best at the time. Lizardfolk, most druids, and many humans are neutral.

Chaotic neutral (CN) creatures follow their whims, holding their personal freedom above all else. Many barbarians and rogues, and some bards, are chaotic neutral.

Lawful evil (LE) creatures methodically take what they want, within the limits of a code of tradition, loyalty, or order. Devils, blue dragons, and hobgoblins are lawful evil.

Neutral evil (NE) is the alignment of those who do whatever they can get away with, without compassion or qualms. Many drow, some cloud giants, and goblins are neutral evil.

Chaotic evil (CE) creatures act with arbitrary violence, spurred by their greed, hatred, or bloodlust. Demons, red dragons, and orcs are chaotic evil.

By default most games, you are going to play are on the heroic sides of things, so usually your Dungeon Master/Gamemaster, will tell you that the game is non-evil meaning any alignment with the word evil is not welcome as part of the heroes.

They combine together to represent the alignment of your character. In D&D what you believe in has some influence in the world, from powers, spells and various abilities. Yeah some people can hurt and you can hurt some people depending on what they believe in. Some of these alignments even manifests as powerful extraplanar beings just see the listed examples above, if any questions just ask.

Legend of tomorrow] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/21607-karenakamint/ said:
@KarenAKAMint[/URL] It's actually not too complicated for the variant half-elf, it only matters if you care about that. It's from the sword coast adventurer guide, basically what it does, you replace the half-elf keen senses for one racial trait of the kind of elf you are from.
Half-wood elf for example could replace keen senses for one of those three: Elf Weapon training, Fleet of Foot or Mask of the Wild.

But well if you don't care too much about what kind of half-elf you are or switching racial trait around, you can just describe your half-elf however you want.
What would I write if I want to be Half-Moon Elf?

You can choose high elf weapon training or cantrip instead of skill versatility. But again as I said above, you don't have to switch your racial trait, it is just an option.

With so many people new to dnd...this movie is from 2012 and use an older edition but the spirit and some of the abilities from edition to edition are still relatively the same might be worth a look if you have the time:

[media]

[/media]

A cantrip is a pretty handy little ability to have, doesn't cost anything and is always usable.

Some gain power as you go up in level aswell, though perhaps the class levels that have the cantrip are needed for it to go up in power... not quite certain on that yet.

Ah, well then so they do.

Actually makes them a great deal more worth it really, just something to fall back on incase.. well.. everything goes to hell.

or you lack a ranged weapon.

@Legend of tomorrow Do you mind if i sell the mace I get naturally and get myself a shortsword? if we do the mace at half price(2.5 g) thats just half the acolyte gold to buy the blade.(Elvish prof so yea know)

if anything it saves abit of time, it would be one of my first things to do anyway.

depend on the class and background, sometime race you have chosen.

Water genasi don't get any extra proficiencies , they have some racial features but guessing you have the book for them.

Sorcerer proficiencies are the following:

Armor: None.

Weapons: Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows.

Tools: None.

Saving Throws:
Constitution, Charisma.

Skills: Choose two from Arcana, Deception, Insight, Intimidation, Persuasion, and Religion.

And the rest depend on your character chosen background.

@Legend of tomorrow I sent you a pm with the link I mentioned, dunno if you've had a chance to see it yet. I just wanna know if that's the right format/setup whatever thing for it.

Also, to everyone else, it's nice to meet you all <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back