• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Sword Art Online (AU) - Pillars of Darkness [interest check](Closed for now)

Duel wielding is also a skill only able to be acquired by the strongest player aka the hero of the game. I will not be including that skill bc there is no one hero.
Look if magic is used there has to be a mana cost to be fair. Otherwise, your character could do a routine for a whole duration of a battle and that would be pretty op. if you really dont want to use mana then I can make it so the bard skill costs stamina points instead. I just need a way to stop an ability/routine to be used for an unfair amount of time. (I understand the routine considering my character must sing a certain song and do a certain dance to inflict these buffs. However rn in the roleplay my character cannot even use mana infused bard spells because she's never learned or tried them. So far she can only boost the mood of someone and relax them through song and dance)
For such a distance it will probably take a bit of mana/stamina.
Ok I understand the effects of the routines better
Now, this is addressed in the lore section. You can be up to level 15 for right now.
It was on the character sheet but a lot of others missed it too.
I do not mean to be nit-picky but I need to make sure this fits the AU this roleplay takes place in along with the animes its based off of and that your character is not considered op compared to the others. I do apologize for the trouble.

Oh it's fine, I kinda expected to be picked apart, I'm not the type to be prissy for things that are my own fault. XD
Duel Wielding is a no-go? That's fine~ One-handed chakram works too~
I'd say stamina would work best for this, as magic doesn't fit the exact means for what is being done.
As for the level, I read it, and I apparently didn't process it. Don't mind me, just stupid. XD

As for the mana/stamina situation, any recommendations for the cost? The baseline I thought was ~15-20 stamina/sec but I would appreciate your thoughts on that as well~

Oh it's fine, I kinda expected to be picked apart, I'm not the type to be prissy for things that are my own fault. XD
Duel Wielding is a no-go? That's fine~ One-handed chakram works too~
I'd say stamina would work best for this, as magic doesn't fit the exact means for what is being done.
As for the level, I read it, and I apparently didn't process it. Don't mind me, just stupid. XD

As for the mana/stamina situation, any recommendations for the cost? The baseline I thought was ~15-20 stamina/sec but I would appreciate your thoughts on that as well~
Ya its just part of the anime i'd like to leave out. The only other way to duel-wield is to hold a chakram in both hands and activate the throw skill when one chakram is thrown, so it is not a collective skill. You basically cant throw them at the same time or have skills that use them both to attack at the same time. Basically, you cant them at the same time. It's a way to cheat the SAO system.

Then stamina it will be. I will change my lore and character posts to fit this system. I suggest that at level one you have 100 stamina points. then with each level up you gain 15 stamina until level 15, which will then be changed to 20 per level. (So let's say you are level 8 you'll have about 220 stamina. Then for specific routines, there will be specific stamina costs.

For something like the quickstep it should consume about 10/sec the buff isn't enough to cost 15.

For the healing waltz I would go between the 15-20 mark/sec bc it sounds like a more controlled and tedious routine and that it heals. Since It takes a good amount of stamina you can bump the amount it heals to 10/sec.

For violet flourish I need to no how much it boosts the attack. If its like 5% then it would take probably around 16-18 stamina bc buffs usually cost more.

Charm will consume the most. So probably minimum 20.

These routines within the bard skill can also level up. So you can be level like 20 for your bard skill, be level 10 for healing waltz, 16 for quickstep, etc. With each level gained through the bard skill all your abilities will be buffed by 1. So healing waltz can now do 11 healing/sec and violet flourish will do 6%.

If you upgrade the specific routine then the ability will be buffed by 1 also. For example, if your bard skill goes up while you are using your healing waltz it will buff all abilities by 1 more/sec, if then your healing waltz is leveled up then only your healing waltz will be buffed by 1.

Now that I think of it. Our characters are going to be great together on the battle field. They have the same skill. (But my character cant use it for jack shit lol)

THIS IS ALL A SUGGESTION

Ya its just part of the anime i'd like to leave out. The only other way to duel-wield is to hold a chakram in both hands and activate the throw skill when one chakram is thrown, so it is not a collective skill. You basically cant throw them at the same time or have skills that use them both to attack at the same time. Basically, you cant them at the same time. It's a way to cheat the SAO system.

Then stamina it will be. I will change my lore and character posts to fit this system. I suggest that at level one you have 100 stamina points. then with each level up you gain 15 stamina until level 15, which will then be changed to 20 per level. (So let's say you are level 8 you'll have about 220 stamina. Then for specific routines, there will be specific stamina costs.

For something like the quickstep it should consume about 10/sec the buff isn't enough to cost 15.

For the healing waltz I would go between the 15-20 mark/sec bc it sounds like a more controlled and tedious routine and that it heals. Since It takes a good amount of stamina you can bump the amount it heals to 10/sec.

For violet flourish I need to no how much it boosts the attack. If its like 5% then it would take probably around 16-18 stamina bc buffs usually cost more.

Charm will consume the most. So probably minimum 20.

These routines within the bard skill can also level up. So you can be level like 20 for your bard skill, be level 10 for healing waltz, 16 for quickstep, etc. With each level gained through the bard skill all your abilities will be buffed by 1. So healing waltz can now do 11 healing/sec and violet flourish will do 6%.

If you upgrade the specific routine then the ability will be buffed by 1 also. For example, if your bard skill goes up while you are using your healing waltz it will buff all abilities by 1 more/sec, if then your healing waltz is leveled up then only your healing waltz will be buffed by 1.

Now that I think of it. Our characters are going to be great together on the battle field. They have the same skill. (But my character cant use it for jack shit lol)

THIS IS ALL A SUGGESTION

I'm afraid I do not understand the last bit. So do Skills and Routines level with Cantrelle's level or do they level on their own accord?

I'm afraid I do not understand the last bit. So do Skills and Routines level with Cantrelle's level or do they level on their own accord?
They level when Cantrelle's bard skill levels along with by themselves. Basically you can level up one routine by itself by practicing that one routine. But all the routines will level up when Cantrelle's bard skill levels up.

Think of the bard skill as a class, a class has set spells, skills, routines. So when that bard skill levels up, all the routine's buffs level up too. But Cantrelle can also level up a specific routine if she wishes without affecting her other routines stats.

Is that easier to understand.

They level when Cantrelle's bard skill levels along with by themselves. Basically you can level up one routine by itself by practicing that one routine. But all the routines will level up when Cantrelle's bard skill levels up.

Think of the bard skill as a class, a class has set spells, skills, routines. So when that bard skill levels up, all the routine's buffs level up too. But Cantrelle can also level up a specific routine if she wishes without affecting her other routines spells.

Is that easier to understand.

Ooohhhh. That makes a lot more sense now. So I've two or so ways of boosting the routines for later into the game (So I don't have 1000 routines to pick from. xD)

Also I made the edits, I hope I made everything better now. ^^

Ooohhhh. That makes a lot more sense now. So I've two or so ways of boosting the routines for later into the game (So I don't have 1000 routines to pick from. xD)

Also I made the edits, I hope I made everything better now. ^^
Exactly!

not making a character thread? if not i do have an idea for a berserker/ anti magic type

Last edited:
Character Sheet
IRL Name: Honda Hotaru
IG Name: CupcakeSlayer
Nickname: -
Level: 10
Appearance: 78021484_p0_master1200.png
Height: 173cm
Weight: 59kg
Weapon: rapier
Skills: fencing, fishing, cooking, crafting
Spells: -
Background: People should not share their real life information on a virtual game.
Personality: cautious, steadfast, overthinking.
What's in inventory: 1x teleport crystal, 2x potions, wooden fishing rod, basic frying pan, 3x salted fish
Guild: -

Last edited:
W.I.P: I have several questions below

Character Sheet
IRL Name: Honda Hotaru
IG Name: CupcakeSlayer
Nickname: -
Level: 10
Appearance: View attachment 714906
Pic of Armor: (If applicable)
Height: 173cm
Weight: 59kg
Weapon: rapier
Skills: fencing, fishing, cooking
Spells: -
Background: People should not share their real life information on a virtual game.
Personality:
What's in inventory: 1x teleport crystal, 2x potions, wooden fishing rod, basic frying pan, 3x salted fish
Guild: -

Weapon Sheet
Starter weapon: rapier
Weapon evolutions: (what do you mean by this?)
Weapon stats: (is there a reference for the standard stat of each weapon type?)
Sword skills/abilities: (shouldn't this in character's sheet instead of weapon's?)
Quest: (If the weapon is obtained by a quest what is it, run by me please)
Level of rarity:
Your accepted. Some rarer weapons come with special skills. Post when you want.

so just submit here there a max level or number abblites as i have one that is a combo type thing

so just submit here there a max level or number abblites as i have one that is a combo type thing
Just put it in your character sheet and I'll review it. There are no restrictions on the number of skills/abilities/sword skills as long as they are fair and it associates with your level.

For the magic system how robust is it? Like can you basically straight up be a stubborn player and refuse to use a sword and just use magic?

For the magic system how robust is it? Like can you basically straight up be a stubborn player and refuse to use a sword and just use magic?
I suppose so. The magic system is like ALO's minus the actual spell word memorizing. My character only uses magic, support magic and no sword/weapon. You could have a character that only uses magic as long as it's fair. (Make sure the spells take up a proper amount of mana.)

Is there a real appearance and then the in game avatar or will it be like sword art where their real appearances take over?

Is there a real appearance and then the in game avatar or will it be like sword art where their real appearances take over?
Real appearances take in the game just like SAO, there can be slight glitches in hair color and such if it adds to your character lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back