• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Sword Art Online (AU) - Pillars of Darkness [interest check](Closed for now)

I was never implying it was ALO, I just thought you were taking parts of ALO and putting them in the SAO setting.
I could be the only one to use a bow? Or are you saying it'd be a special skill later on?

I was never implying it was ALO, I just thought you were taking parts of ALO and putting them in the SAO setting.
I could be the only one to use a bow? Or are you saying it'd be a special skill later on?
I don't mind for you to be the only bow wielder, but to find a bow even in ALO was rare. It had to be crafted by a blacksmith(Liz). I just wish for the way the bow to be obtained to be realistic based on the two worlds. So through a quest or crafted. It cannot be a starter weapon.

(Hope this is good. I may try to figure out a weapon sheet—drawing a blank on that one right now—and/or a guild after I've had some sleep.)
IRL Name: Steve Freeling
IG Name: Ashitaka
Nickname: N/A
Appearance:
Akira_Screenshot_3593.jpg

Pic of Armor:
3d-all-over-printed-leather-armor-t-shirt-hoodie-xs-clothes-monkstars-inc_813.jpg

Height: 6' 3½" (1.92 m/192 cm)
Weight: 161 lbs. (73 kg)
Weapon: Longsword
Skills: Blacksmith, Beast Tamer
Spells: N/A
Level: 15
Personality: Steve is an amicable, selfless teen who has no problem making friends or helping those in need. As a result, he has no problem working as a team player and he'll do his best to keep his party alive. If you need materials, he's the one to go kill that monster and bring back the materials it drops, a notable trait of his being that he looks for nothing in return. He is also very tough and can sometimes be quite cocky. With that said, he is not a dumb boy who coasts on ego. He has an intense dislike for backstabbers and player-killers. He sees such behavior as not only unnecessary but evil and counterproductive to surviving the game. He holds a similar view of in-fighting, though he views the latter as more idiotic.
What's in inventory: Three teleport crystals, three healing potions
Guild: N/A

Last edited:

Kentaro "Big K" Sakamoto
1587228751622.png
Lion, Ken
"You can spot this mane from a mile away!"
Basic Info

Height:
About 1.9m (6'1")

Weight:
About 87kg (192lbs)
"I can cut through a tree or monster with ease!"
Stats and Weapon
Weapon:
Heavy Axe

Skills:
Lumber, Extended Weight Limit

Spells:
N/A

Level:
HP/MANA:

Quest Counter:
8/9
"I'm a pretty open book, what do you want to know?"
Personality

Kentaro's confidence is his most prominent personality trait, as it's hard to find a moment or situation he'd find uncomfortable. Ken doesn't mind taking the lead, meeting new people, or leading the charge into battle. While his overconfidence can get him into trouble, Ken's curiosity is often times the catalyst for the brash decision.
While being stuck in the game has brought out the pessimism in most, it's brought out the unflappable optimism in Kentaro. Even in the worst situations he can usually find something good, Kentaro has still managed to enjoy some moments in the game; despite the threat of constant death.
Taking most people at face value, Kentaro's very straightforward when dealing with people. He's not likely to see through lies or sarcasm, although it's hard to tell whether it's because he's dense, naive, or just doesn't care to act on them.
Lastly Kentaro is dedicated worker and fighter, willing to tackle any challenge ahead of him, but he has many quirks that could bother others. For one thing he enjoys the benefits of the virtual world to their farthest extent, often prioritizing it. Quests for chefs that lead to good food over better rewards, spending hours exploring rather than questing, and he's lost more than a few hit points trying to "tame" a creature. (A beta tester told him it was possible and he hasn't given up faith!)
"My pockets aren't that deep right now..."
Inventory

1 Health Potion
no crystals
Heavy Axe

Last edited:
(Hope this is good. I may try to figure out a weapon sheet—drawing a blank on that one right now—and/or a guild after I've had some sleep.)
IRL Name: Steve Freeling
IG Name: Ashitaka
Nickname: N/A
Appearance:
Akira_Screenshot_3593.jpg

Pic of Armor:
3d-all-over-printed-leather-armor-t-shirt-hoodie-xs-clothes-monkstars-inc_813.jpg

Height: 6' 3½" (1.92 m/192 cm)
Weight: 161 lbs. (73 kg)
Weapon: Longsword
Skills: Blacksmith, Beast Tamer
Spells: N/A
Level: 16
Personality: Steve is an amicable, selfless teen who has no problem making friends or helping those in need. As a result, he has no problem working as a team player and he'll do his best to keep his party alive. If you need materials, he's the one to go kill that monster and bring back the materials it drops, a notable trait of his being that he looks for nothing in return. He is also very tough and can sometimes be quite cocky. With that said, he is not a dumb boy who coasts on ego. He has an intense dislike for backstabbers and player-killers. He sees such behavior as not only unnecessary but evil and counterproductive to surviving the game. He holds a similar view of in-fighting, though he views the latter as more idiotic.
What's in inventory: Three teleport crystals, three healing potions
Guild: N/A
The highest level you can be as of now is 15. Change that and you're good to jump into the rp!

Kentaro Sakamoto
View attachment 711841
Lion, Ken
"You can spot this mane from a mile away!"
Basic Info

Height:
About 1.9m (6'1")

Weight:
About 87kg (192lbs)
"I can cut through a tree or monster with ease!"
Stats and Weapon
Weapon:
Heavy Axe

Skills:
Lumber, Extended Weight Limit

Spells:
N/A

Level:
HP/MANA:

Quest Counter:
"I'm a pretty open book, what do you want to know?"
Personality

Kentaro's confidence is his most prominent personality trait, as it's hard to find a moment or situation he'd find uncomfortable. Ken doesn't mind taking the lead, meeting new people, or leading the charge into battle. While his overconfidence can get him into trouble, Ken's curiosity is often times the catalyst for the brash decision.
While being stuck in the game has brought out the pessimism in most, it's brought out the unflappable optimism in Kentaro. Even in the worst situations he can usually find something good, Kentaro has still managed to enjoy some moments in the game; despite the threat of constant death.
Taking most people at face value, Kentaro's very straightforward when dealing with people. He's not likely to see through lies or sarcasm, although it's hard to tell whether it's because he's dense, naive, or just doesn't care to act on them.
Lastly Kentaro is dedicated worker and fighter, willing to tackle any challenge ahead of him, but he has many quirks that could bother others. For one thing he enjoys the benefits of the virtual world to their farthest extent, often prioritizing it. Quests for chefs that lead to good food over better rewards, spending hours exploring rather than questing, and he's lost more than a few hit points trying to "tame" a creature. (A beta tester told him it was possible and he hasn't given up faith!)
"My pockets aren't that deep right now..."
Inventory

1 Health Potion
no crystals
Heavy Axe

Accepted, jump in whenever you want. I'm quite curious to see how our characters interact.

Character 2, she has no special weapon yet

Elina Mokodo
AKA
Selka
tumblr_pqe2e8QiW11wt7ek9o1_400.jpg
No Nickname as of now
"I need a nickname?"

Basic Info

Height:
158cm (about 5'2)

Weight:
52 kg (about 115 Lbs)
"Um I kind of stand out..."
Stats and Weapon
Weapon:
Rapier, one handed sword(In inventory)

Skills:
tailoring, beast tamer

Spells:
Only a few magic sword skills.
Fire strike and electric jab

Level:
"I do enjoy a good battle."
Dig a Little Deeper

Selka is what people call naive. She is very trusting and a bit of an airhead. She is quite intelligent though, but only book smart. She tends to get confused easily and has no sense of direction. She is a kind heart who will always give a helping hand and will never abandon anyone. She always finds herself in bad and dangerous situations due to her lack of good judgment. She is impulsive and won't think before jumping in to help someone. She is quite charming and a natural suck up. She will always compliment someone. She is easily fascinated and often tends to get tricked. She isn't the most confident person and can be very awkward. She has a hard time talking to people but she will always stick up for someone else.
"I'm kinda easy to read."
Inventory

2 Health potions
1 Teleport crystal
(as of now)
Rapier
standard One-handed sword

If this is still open I'm interested.

Are beast tamers allowed like Silica or should I go regular type player?

It took me a while to finish the sheet, but here it is

IRL Name: Daisuke Minamoto
IG Name: Hitokiri
Nickname: TBA
llzh33v.jpg

Pic of Armor:
10__05521.1525524921.jpg

Weapon: combat knife -> one-handed curved blade -> kodachi (short katana) -> katana -> Kusanagi sword (unique item named after the legendary Japanese sword)

Skills:

Showing the list of skills achieved at the end of Aincrad's quest:

Support Skills

Acrobatics.
Extended Weight Limit.
Hiding.
Sprint.

Combat skills

Parry.
Battle healing.

Weapon Skill:

One-Handed Curved Blade.
Martial Arts.
Blade throwing.
Battoujutsu.

Spells: [none]
Level: 3

Background:

He is the second son of a conservative family with a long tradition in the kenjutsu practice that dates back from centuries.

He started learning kenjutsu since childhood, and though at first he was quite mediocre, but after the death of his elder sister and (apparently) due to the pressure of his grandfather he later became very good being twice national champion during middle school.

When he had around 10 when he and his fiancee were betrothed, marriage didn't mean much at that age, and as he lived in Hokkaido they barely meet some times in formal occasions, though since then he developed feelings for her, for instance, a childish desire to protect her, to be together in the future or calling her princess.

His training and other responsibilities meant he had almost none social life and only few friends, that's one of the reasons why started to play videogames as a way to release stress.

Personality:

In the real world he seems a mature teenager in the outside with leadership and capable of working hard for what he wants, but inside he is very inscure and immature (he tears sometimes if sad), he can also become manipulative and recur to verbal or physical violence if needed (characteristics he hated in his grandfather).

But in Aincrad he fooled around a lot, and flirted a lot as he felt free of responsibilities there. However, as he didn't have much social life before, he is clumsy but as things got more serious his real world’s personality will surface, whether he likes it or not.

What's in inventory:

1 teleport crystals
2 healing potions

Guild: [TBA]

It took me a while to finish the sheet, but here it is

IRL Name: Daisuke Minamoto
IG Name: Hitokiri
Nickname: TBA
llzh33v.jpg

Pic of Armor:
10__05521.1525524921.jpg

Weapon: combat knife -> one-handed curved blade -> kodachi (short katana) -> katana -> Kusanagi sword (unique item named after the legendary Japanese sword)

Skills:

Showing the list of skills achieved at the end of Aincrad's quest:

Support Skills

Acrobatics.
Extended Weight Limit.
Hiding.
Sprint.

Combat skills

Parry.
Battle healing.

Weapon Skill:

One-Handed Curved Blade.
Martial Arts.
Blade throwing.
Battoujutsu.

Spells: [none]
Level: 3

Background:

He is the second son of a conservative family with a long tradition in the kenjutsu practice that dates back from centuries.

He started learning kenjutsu since childhood, and though at first he was quite mediocre, but after the death of his elder sister and (apparently) due to the pressure of his grandfather he later became very good being twice national champion during middle school.

When he had around 10 when he and his fiancee were betrothed, marriage didn't mean much at that age, and as he lived in Hokkaido they barely meet some times in formal occasions, though since then he developed feelings for her, for instance, a childish desire to protect her, to be together in the future or calling her princess.

His training and other responsibilities meant he had almost none social life and only few friends, that's one of the reasons why started to play videogames as a way to release stress.

Personality:

In the real world he seems a mature teenager in the outside with leadership and capable of working hard for what he wants, but inside he is very inscure and immature (he tears sometimes if sad), he can also become manipulative and recur to verbal or physical violence if needed (characteristics he hated in his grandfather).

But in Aincrad he fooled around a lot, and flirted a lot as he felt free of responsibilities there. However, as he didn't have much social life before, he is clumsy but as things got more serious his real world’s personality will surface, whether he likes it or not.

What's in inventory:

1 teleport crystals
2 healing potions

Guild: [TBA]
That's totally fine! Your character seems interesting. Thank you for telling me about the present and future weapons and skills! You can join whenever. I will be placing my second character in the roleplay soon for newcomers to interact with.

IRL Name: Valarie Innes
"Please, Val works best."
IG Name: Cantrelle
"That is also me."
Nickname: None
"Well, I've not been given any so far."
Appearance:
1c8d773af95c5371bfae873f4cdd948c.jpg

"Rude."
"I think it's obvious, love~ ♥"
Height: 165 cm | ~5'5"
"Average height if you ask me."
Weight: 62 kg | ~137 Lbs
"Asking that for some may end in a black eye, love."
Weapon: Chakrams, daggers.
Skills: Bard, Stealth, Throwing weapons, Agility, Evasion
Spells: With a different toolset, Cantrelle's abilities give her quite a bit of versatility at the cost of her HP pool and lack of armour. In turn, she's an agile and tricky DPS to land much of a hit on. Her spells are often just known as "Routines" to her, during these routines, she may attack.

~Quickstep: A fast paced routine that increases the agility of her allies, allowing them to move faster, and cast faster with a blue aura surrounding them.
Stamina Cost: 10/sec

~Healing Waltz: A slower paced dance that relaxes the mind and body. Provides a minor Heal over time to her allies and herself as a green aura surrounds them. Heals: 10/sec
Stamina Cost: 20/sec

~Violent Flourish: A dance that in itself seems fueled with hatred. Increases the attack of the allies around Scarlet, as a red aura surrounds them.
Stamina Cost: 18/sec

~Charm: Charms one foe into becoming an ally temporarily. This condition can be cured through magic, or if Cantrelle or an ally of hers attacks the afflicted. Those in Boss room are immune to this Routine. This effect lasts 15 seconds.
Stamina Cost: 20

Level: Lv. 8
Background: "My past? I... Would rather not chat about this here...."

Personality:
A brazen and somewhat flirtatious woman would be a descriptor most give of Cantrelle. Often seen with a light step and smile over her face, it appears that she has not a care in the world. Even with her fellow party members or friends she keeps the spirits high naturally, with often songs, dances, jokes, and the like. With most her friends, though, she presents herself as an older sister of sorts, aiding where she can in their lives, whether through information gathering, questing, or simply just listening to those who ask for her advice.

That being said, underneath that carefree smile, lies a tongue as sharp as the chakrams she wields. Not the type to shy from a fight, Cantrelle isn't scared to hold her ground one bit, preferring to stick to her beliefs and have a war of words with those who wrong her or any of her friends. That being said, while she's courageous for her lack of a Hit Point pool, she has some tact, and knows when she's bitten off more than she can chew, in those situations, she's not afraid one bit to slink away into the shadows to fight another day.

What's in inventory: Healing Potion x3, Stamina potion x2, Throwing Dagger x10, Teleportation Crystal x1
Guild: None

Last edited:
IRL Name: Valarie Innes
"Please, Val works best."
IG Name: Cantrelle
"That is also me."
Nickname: Scarlet
"Mostly due to my preferred colour choice."
Appearance:
1c8d773af95c5371bfae873f4cdd948c.jpg

"Rude."
"I think it's obvious, love~ ♥"
Height: 165 cm | ~5'5"
"Average height if you ask me."
Weight: 62 kg | ~137 Lbs
"Asking that for some may end in a black eye, love."
Weapon: Chakrams, daggers.
Skills: Dance, Performance, Stealth
Spells: With a different toolset, Cantrelle's abilities give her quite a bit of versatility at the cost of her HP pool and lack of armour. In turn, she's an agile and tricky DPS to land much of a hit on. Her spells are often just known as "Routines" to her, during these routines, she may attack.

~Quickstep: A fast paced routine that increases the agility of her allies, allowing them to move faster, and cast faster with a blue aura surrounding them.

~Healing Waltz: A slower paced dance that relaxes the mind and body. Provides a minor Heal over time to her allies and herself as a green aura surrounds them.

~Violent Flourish: A dance that in itself seems fueled with hatred. Increases the attack of the allies around Scarlet, as a red aura surrounds them.

~Charm: Charms one foe into becoming an ally temporarily. This condition can be cured through magic, or if Cantrelle or an ally of hers attacks the afflicted. A boss often is immune to this Routine.

Level: ~Lv. 5-10
Background: "My past? I... Would rather not chat about this here...."

Personality:
A brazen and somewhat flirtatious woman would be a descriptor most give of Cantrelle, better known as "Scarlet" after the attire she wears. Often seen with a light step and smile over her face, it appears that she has not a care in the world. Even with her fellow party members or friends she keeps the spirits high naturally, with often songs, dances, jokes, and the like. With most her friends, though, she presents herself as an older sister of sorts, aiding where she can in their lives, whether through information gathering, questing, or simply just listening to those who ask for her advice.

That being said, underneath that carefree smile, lies a tongue as sharp as the chakrams she wields. Not the type to shy from a fight, Cantrelle isn't scared to hold her ground one bit, preferring to stick to her beliefs and have a war of words with those who wrong her or any of her friends. That being said, while she's courageous for her lack of a Hit Point pool, she has some tact, and knows when she's bitten off more than she can chew, in those situations, she's not afraid one bit to slink away into the shadows to fight another day.

What's in inventory: Healing Potion x3, Throwing Dagger x10, Teleportation Crystal x1
Guild: None
What do you mean by daggerS? Does she double wield? If you have throwing daggers you must have a throwing skill. (Higher the skill better she can handle them) These spells would be considered part of a bard skill(instead of dance and performance have a bard skill). My own character has this skill. Please tell me exactly how much health this heals and what the radius distance is. Also, tell me how much mana each spell takes. (please review my character sheet so see what I did for the mana consumption) Charm cannot be used on any monster in the boss room for fairness. What do you mean by level 5-10? Is this her character level? Also, the nickname is supposed to be given in roleplay. You said she was hard to hit so she should also have a speed/agility/evade.

What do you mean by daggerS? Does she double wield? If you have throwing daggers you must have a throwing skill. (Higher the skill better she can handle them) These spells would be considered part of a bard skill(instead of dance and performance have a bard skill). My own character has this skill. Please tell me exactly how much health this heals and what the radius distance is. Also, tell me how much mana each spell takes. (please review my character sheet so see what I did for the mana consumption) Charm cannot be used on any monster in the boss room for fairness. What do you mean by level 5-10? Is this her character level? Also, the nickname is supposed to be given in roleplay. You said she was hard to hit so she should also have a speed/agility/evade.

Oki doki, I will go in order here.
Daggers are the other weapon she can wield, and I implied she could dual wield them. As for the throwing skill i did not know and apologize. Q.Q
As for the routines, I thought to put them in spells since they're spell-like, but not spells in themselves. As for the MP Cost, I was kinda taking it as she can only have one buff on at a time as she had to do a specific routine and keep going with it.
Radius is ~10m or so (30 feet roughly).
Heals would In-game be like, ~5/sec or so.
Level 5-10 was because I thought you gave levels. My fault. QwQ
I... Didn't know nickname is Roleplay, my fault. QwQ
And I will edit the sheet to clarify.

Oki doki, I will go in order here.
Daggers are the other weapon she can wield, and I implied she could dual wield them. As for the throwing skill i did not know and apologize. Q.Q
As for the routines, I thought to put them in spells since they're spell-like, but not spells in themselves. As for the MP Cost, I was kinda taking it as she can only have one buff on at a time as she had to do a specific routine and keep going with it.
Radius is ~10m or so (30 feet otherwise).
Heals would In-game be like, ~5/sec or so.
Level 5-10 was because I thought you gave levels. My fault. QwQ
I... Didn't know nickname is Roleplay, my fault. QwQ
And I will edit the sheet to clarify.
Duel wielding is also a skill only able to be acquired by the strongest player aka the hero of the game. I will not be including that skill bc there is no one hero.
Look if magic is used there has to be a mana cost to be fair. Otherwise, your character could do a routine for a whole duration of a battle and that would be pretty op. if you really dont want to use mana then I can make it so the bard skill costs stamina points instead. I just need a way to stop an ability/routine to be used for an unfair amount of time. (I understand the routine considering my character must sing a certain song and do a certain dance to inflict these buffs. However rn in the roleplay my character cannot even use mana infused bard spells because she's never learned or tried them. So far she can only boost the mood of someone and relax them through song and dance)
For such a distance it will probably take a bit of mana/stamina.
Ok I understand the effects of the routines better
Now, this is addressed in the lore section. You can be up to level 15 for right now.
It was on the character sheet but a lot of others missed it too.
I do not mean to be nit-picky but I need to make sure this fits the AU this roleplay takes place in along with the animes its based off of and that your character is not considered op compared to the others. I do apologize for the trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back