• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Sir Swigglesworth

I got two brain cells fighting for third place
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Greetings! Grab a cookie, take a seat, and browse. Hello and welcome to my partner search thread. Plots will be updated should I think of any others or decide to edit the ones currently present. As of late, I'm still struggling with finding motivation to get back into writing and roleplay despite it being a hobby I really used to enjoy and love; Not really sure why I'm just not feeling it. But that's why I'm getting this ball rolling again to push myself to get back into the swing of things and craft some gott dayum beautiful stories. In the least, I'll do my best to push out one post a day if you're doing the same. Otherwise, I'd say a safe bet is to expect at least a couple posts from me a week. If a few days pass and I'm absent, please, just send me a little reminder. Odds are that I haven't forgotten but I am just busy; Nah I've probably totally forgotten because ADHD is a bitch and honestly it may very well be both. If I do get overwhelmed and have to pull out from the RP, I will notify you. No ghosting here fam.

Below, you will find a little about me, what my partners can expect from me, and what I'd appreciate them to give in return. It's organized all nice and fancy for your convenience.

• Age isn't the highest priority for my partners as long as they're 18+. Please be relatively mature as well. Don’t get me wrong however, I can be a total shitter at times. Just know where to draw the line yeh?

If you wish to contact me, I'd prefer PM's but I don't mind notifications here. A simple, "I'm interested," won't do. If you're interested and wish to notify me here, tell me what caught your interest and what you'd like to do with it.

Plots can be found below.
Legend:
More desired plots will be marked with -> * (Three is the most desired)
Preferred Muses will be bolded

Currently taken RP's include:

We empty bitches :)

Sci-fi

Pairings: MxF, FxF, MxM
Character options
: Human only

Muses A and B are both soldiers of a contracting corporation known as Domini Interplanetary Security, or Domini for short. Following the loss of contact with an isolated mining outpost on the frigid planet Travar 12, the two are assigned to a four man team to investigate. Their orders are simple, determine the cause of the outpost’s silence and re-establish communications with orbital command. As soon as the team is deployed planet-side they are met with a blistering arctic storm. During their trek through the frozen terrain some of the team claim to pick up on movement within the whiteout. When they arrive at the outpost, everything is eerily quiet. There is no rumbling of machinery, no workers toiling about, and power appears to be minimal. What came as a surprise to Muse A, B, and their teammates were the evident signs of gunfights throughout the compound. Blood stained the snow and weapons were found left scattered; But there were no bodies to accompany them. Pushing forward with their investigation, the team would soon discover what caused the outpost to go dark and our muses would be the only one’s left from their team. With no way to reach orbital command to warn of the situation at hand on the surface, they are left to fend for themselves and put together a solution. Their mission is now FUBAR, a fight for survival. Will the two manage to escape and tell their tales of terror, or will this planet be their grave?

Information: Frigus-1, the largest and only established mining outpost on Travar-12. Initially, Frigus-1 was established as a sustainability project aboard this arctic planet. Within a few years, the project was deemed a success and continued as a research facility. When high levels of valuable metals and minerals were detected in the planet's soil, it was suggested that Frigus-1 be converted into a mining facility; Against the wishes of researches. After approval came from high command to turn the facility into a full-fledged mining operation, the size of Frigus-1 grew massively. Currently, Frigus-1 takes up a 1.5 square mile area on the surface and has an extensive tunnel network beneath the facility. This outpost harbors a substantial population of roughly 7,000 personnel with an additional 1,500 within the tunnel network and underground facilities. An advanced and rugged facility, Frigus-1 is under the command of an automated AI system known as NORUS and is protected by a security force of 150 personnel with an assisting force of 20 "Guardian" class combat frames.

Pairings: MxF, FxF, MxM (Romance potential)
Character Options
: Human, Alien, Cyborg, Android (Non-human species do have free creative reign for character creation but please nothing too outlandish or OP. Use common sense. Some of y'all are gonna hate me for this one, but please don't just submit a furry if you're gonna play a non-human.)

Muse A is a member of a small battalion within the forces of Domini Interplanetary Security. These operatives are often trained solely in pairs, intended to form a strong bond between the two individuals. This is done to ensure that they perform optimally within each other's presence during their oftentimes long and strenuous missions. In the case of a pair being disrupted by the death of one member, a new partner is selected after undergoing meticulous personality and mental screenings to ensure the most concise match. Muse A is one such operative, having recently lost their partner in a mission a couples months back. They have since been temporarily taken out of service and put on leave. However, now they are returning with orders to report into the regional commanding officer for their company. It's there that they are given notice of their newly selected partner, Muse B. While much more green compared to the experienced muse A, B has a strong record behind them and was deemed a solid candidate to potentially pair with muse A. After brief introductions, it's clear that Muse A is still hard-pressed to work alongside someone else and hasn't quite gotten over their partner's death but they accept Muse B into the fold nonetheless. After a short training simulation to get our muses acquainted with one another the two are sent off on their first mission, with autonomy granted.

Information: The unit from which both muses are part of is known among Domini forces as the "Reaper Element". A battalion sized unit with roughly 1200 total personnel that specialize in covert operations and guerrilla warfare; Things such as espionage, sabotage, infiltration, assassinations, and reconnaissance. They are ghosts, always unseen but always leaving death in their wake; Reapers. While members of Reaper Element often work in pairs, they have been known to act in squad sized groups depending on the circumstances of a mission. They are one of the few groups within the Domini Corporation that are permitted to work with autonomy, often spending months at a time outside the reach of command. This element is part of an even more select few that are allowed to work as independent contractors in order to finance their missions.

Character options:
Human, Cyborg, Android
Truth be told, I don't actually have a set of information all crafted up for this one. I want this one to be an interesting sort of world-building roleplay between me and my partner. It's set in a soft-cyberpunk dystopian world.

Modern
Pairings: MxF, FxF, MxM
Character options
: Human, Monster

Muse A is one of several private security contractors hired by an up and coming scientific company known as Domini Biotechnics, a new competitor in the market for medical research and technology. Aside from signing an NDA which is common practice, the job seemed rather simple so long as they followed the terms of the contract. Monitor the facility, make regular patrols, and maintain standard operating procedure as dictated by their higher ups. Half of the job honestly just consisted of watching the cameras, walking around, manning the entry checkpoints, and stopping the occasional workplace dispute. There was always something “off” about the atmosphere there though, and Muse A could never quite put their tongue on it. They knew that the facility had deeper levels that were beyond their clearance but that was about it. Though there had been scant rumors and whispers of the sort of things that went on down there. Disturbing and unethical experiments, vague mentions of things that ‘Shouldn’t exist in this world.’

Muse A often laughed these ideas off. Soon enough, it would be revealed to them it was in fact no laughing matter. Finding themselves as the target of a promotion, Muse A was granted a significant rise in clearance and given a direct rundown on what it was this promotion would entail. Suffice to say, the truth they had been unknowingly laughing at was something ripped right out of a horror novel and it terrified them; Yet they couldn’t utter a single word about it. Muse A was one of a small team of 9 other security personnel that were cleared for the facility’s lower levels and subsequently educated on what their job was and the protocols they would need to memorize and follow. Not everyone knew the full scope of Domini Biotechnics’ research. So on a day like any other, when the alarms began blaring with the code “Alpha Red,” many staff members were left confused. Muse A however, felt their heart sink like a rock. It was their job to preserve the company’s secrets but with a hyper-lethal man-made abomination now loose in the facility, how the fuck were they supposed to keep this one covered up?

Option one: Muse B is a scientist or fellow security officer working within the Domini Biotechnics facility. It is up to both Muse A and B to put an end to this threat, ensuring it does not escape the facility.
Option two: Muse B is one of the experiments, a humanoid creature capable of sentient thought and emotion that managed to escape its confines and is now on a vengeful rampage throughout the facility before it gets killed, or saved. Who knows?

Pairings: MxM, MxF, MxM
Character options:
Human and vampire

Brentwood, a small, quiet city in the U.S North East. This city boasts beautiful scenery, a multitude of tourist attractions, friendly people, and superb architecture. There exists a folktale around Brentwood. Tales of a beast that stalks the forests surrounding the city. Locals tell of a creature shrouded in darkness, one that preys on animals and hunters alike. Leaving their bodies drained of blood, lifeless where they once stood, chunks of flesh torn from their bodies. Recently, these tales have finally been given some visible truth. Something sinister has been plaguing the night-time streets of Brentwood. Over the span of the last two months, there have been bodies consistently found amid the streets of this relatively peaceful city. All of them paled and drained of any detectable trace of blood. Forensic evidence is all but non-existent much to the dismay of the police. There only exists patterns. Each victim, as mentioned earlier, possesses no trace of blood in their body, and has a large chunk of flesh torn from their neck. Victim patterns display a focus primarily on the homeless and more impoverished citizens, but there have been two tourist deaths amid the 14 victims so far. Many believe it to be the work of a serial killer trying to imitate the local legend. Skeptics believe the legend to be true.

Muse A is a Brentwood P.D detective doing their damnedest to gain any sort of ground on this case. Sleepless nights plague them, knowing that any night another victim could fall. Citizens of Brentwood are frightened. Muse B is a vampire responsible for these local legends. For 50 years they have lived in this city, concealing their identity and maintaining a popular restaurant under an illusion. For decades it's been their primary means of acquiring blood to sustain their desires. On the occasions muse B has yet been unable to satiate their bloodlust, they have turned to the wilderness. Hunting down animals. Rarely have they ever taken the life of a hunter unless their own security was at risk. Recently, however, Muse B has been unable to properly satiate their desires for reasons unknown. Their actions are not done of their own volition, each murder is performed with regret and remorse. Their control has swiftly been dwindling for reasons they are unable to decipher. As Muse A tries tirelessly to capture the monster of Brentwood, muse B stalks, growing more infuriated and volatile. Will Muse A be successful in their endeavors? What would they do upon the discovery that muse B is not even human? Act with a vengeance to put the beast in the ground, or take the risk and work to save the ailing muse B?

Character options
: Human, Monster

Muse A is a rather typical high-school student. Their grades are solid, they're charismatic and energetic, they've got a good head on their shoulders but they're no goody-two shoes. Muse A might be a good kid, but they're not a great kid, often known for their mischievousness and willingness to dive into what they shouldn't. Muse A has been living in their small mountain town since they were born and knows the area like the back of their hand. Muse A loves to explore, especially where they shouldn't, which has gotten them in a tight spot on multiple occasions. Muse B is the new kid whose family moved in only a month ago. Muse B comes off as a bit shy, not too talkative, and they seem happy keeping to themselves. But then again, aren't lots of people like that when they first arrive at a new school? Muse B, unbeknownst to anyone including Muse A, harbors a secret that they wish to keep concealed. However, it is that very secret that will pull Muse A and B's lives together. For better or for worse, is yet to be seen.

Pairings: MxM
Character options:
Human only

Muse A is a member of the American 12th Army Group on a reconnaissance mission for scattered German forces after the failed Ardennes offensive. Originally sent out in a 6 man unit, 2 days into their mission

Muse A is a member of the American 12th Army Group undergoing a reconnaissance mission for scattered german forces after the failed Ardennes offensive. Originally sent out with a squad, as the days passed, members of the recon squad began vanishing without a trace. These disappearances left muse A and others on edge, expecting it to be the work of covert german forces remaining in the area; If only that were true. Pushing on with their mission, the group discovers an overgrown and abandoned bunker entrance littered with various warnings and signs all in German. None of the Americans speak or read German but it seems to them that this bunker has been sealed off and abandoned. However, amid the foliage and worn signs, dried blood stains the concrete all around. Several rusted German weapons and miscellaneous items are found laying about, but there no signs of any bodies. A vote is made by the team to split, two are sent off to return to base camp and relay the information while Muse A and his last squadmate stay behind to secure and investigate the area. As the hours pass, Muse A and his companion search the area and stumble upon a secondary hidden entrance to the bunker that is equally as overgrown but not sealed tight like the front, in fact, it looks like somebody broke in already; Or out. Eventually, curiosity gets the better of both men and they opt to enter and see what exactly is inside this bunker.

Muse B is a singular german wehrmacht, an infantryman of the 7th Army left behind after being separated from friendly forces during the battles. Stranded and abandoned in these forests, the man wants nothing more than to evade allied forces and somehow make it out of here. Although muse B wasn't always alone, much like Muse A, he was originally out here with a handful of men all of whom were separated from the majority of their forces during the fighting. As the days passed, each man vanished much like Muse A's missing squadmates until muse B was the only one left. Now, he is afraid. He doesn't want to die out here. But when he spotted Muse A's group hiking through the forests, muse B decided to follow behind; Doing their best to keep hidden and observe what the Americans were up to. Tailing the Americans to a sealed bunker, muse B takes notice of the signs littering the area. "DANGER, DO NOT ENTER", "DEATH INSIDE", "STAY AWAY", "NO ENTRY", "YOU'VE BEEN WARNED". Shocked by what he was reading, Muse B felt a sharp knot develop in his stomach. He wondered just what exactly they wanted to keep inside and if it was related to the disappearance of his comrades.

This bunker, soon enough, would bring both Muse A and B together, not as enemies but as terrified men simply trying to get out with their lives. Muse A was foolish enough to enter, and Muse B was foolish enough to follow in hopes of telling them not to. It was time for the two men to discover what horrors the Reich had tried to seal away....

(**)
Pairing: MxF, FxF, MxM (Romance potential)
Character options: Human only

In March of 2019 a viral outbreak began in Eastern Europe and quickly spread throughout its country of origin. Within weeks, it had surpassed expectations and many were labeling it as the second Spanish Flu thanks to symptoms remarkably similar to those caused by influenza. Its erratic dispersal throughout Europe came at an alarming rate, quickly earning recognition as a pandemic and having done so within mere months. Beneath the unaware noses of humanity, there was a malicious secret hidden within this ever escalating pandemic. This virus, a nightmare in its own right, was victim to a virophage; Pieces of double stranded DNA that require the reproductive properties of a virus to replicate. As this virus continued in its largely unimpeded swath of infection, it would take less than half a year to spread on a global scale, causing many countries to enact whatever measures possible in hopes of reducing infection rates. Quarantines were put in place, airports were shut down, borders were monitored with scrutiny, and so much more. To the majority of society, this virus was known simply to be a mutated strain of influenza, that’s what was suspected and what they were told after all. Though many wondered why standard preventative methods, developed through decades of scientific and medical advancement, were failing. Not just failing, but failing to the point that the spread of this virus was hardly hampered. With that failure came a rising rate in unexpected, violent symptoms with no relation to what had so far been observed. Initially unbeknownst to health and research organizations around the world was that this certain virophage’s replication process left behind prions in the body; Prions merely being misfolded proteins. These types of proteins, however, are the cause for many neurodegenerative diseases, and in some cases, even cannibalistic tendencies within human victims. While humanity kept fighting back in whatever ways they could to stunt this ever-escalating pandemic, these left-over prions began causing more damage than the so-called “flu” ever had, physically and psychologically. Media outlets around the world began reporting instances of people lashing out violently, tearing into their neighbors with teeth and nails as if they were wild animals; A true to life zombie apocalypse some felt. Many thought the sudden terror to simply be evolved symptoms of the current virus that was afflicting millions worldwide, others were more skeptical...

This new development quickly forced the hand of the medical field and world governments alike, frantic to discover some possible method of curing or containing this new prion disease; Something notoriously impossible throughout medical history. Medical authorities around the world were given no choice but to reveal the cause of these vicious outbursts. One pandemic was frightening as is, two was a living nightmare. A nightmare only worsened by the fact that these two different pandemics worked hand in hand with each other, all because of a simple piece of DNA. Many countries adopted a military response to this incurable and menacing threat that had overwhelmed their civil forces. Marshall law was put into place, many were forced to relocate into secured government-supervised cities and zones. In some countries, quarantine zones were created to secure and contain anyone showing symptoms from either illness while others opted to isolate and purge in a hopeless effort to combat this biological scourge. Predictably, these sudden changes inspired protests and violent riots to breakout worldwide, causing death and extreme property damage among the slew of crime, looting, and more. Merely three months after this new prion pandemic emerged to throw gasoline on an already burning world, a third factor entered into the fray.

Videos in lesser censored countries began surfacing that showed body bags squirming, people who were declared dead showing signs of life once more, leaked footage of civilians and police forces firing upon violent attackers multiple times, only for the attacker to keep pushing forward with no care in the world about their bullet ridden bodies. Skeptics jumped on the opportunity to claim that their government was hiding the truth. In rapid response to these rumors and claims, government officials around the world put out medical statements to their citizens, claiming that these videos were merely hoaxes created to inspire panic and that no such things were occurring. Many people were distrustful of the messages their government provided though. Having already seen what infected people were capable of, it wasn’t hard for them to consider the possibilities those videos detailed. However there was one specific detail among every video that a keen eye could pick out, and that was that those being recorded all had the same appearance to themselves. Their eyes were bloodshot and bleeding, their skin was pale and sickly, it was no surprise that people would think they were walking corpses, mere husks of what was once a person. Just as they were, a horrid reality that many governments were trying so desperately to conceal. Any claims that people were beginning to turn into zombies or were reanimating had government attempts to falsify them, relating these anomalous symptoms to people simply recovering from a ‘torpor state’ that this new prion disease induced. As expected, those government messages only quelled concerns for a short time before those who were said to have recovered from that “torpor state” began rotting away as they walked. That was the beginning of the end, there were no more chances to hide the truth behind fancy scientific claims. It was clear as day, people were supposed to be dead but instead they were walking around, attacking and eating any poor soul they could get their lifeless hands on.

Before then, both the prion disease and virus were yet to be named. Neither had been discovered in the natural world and were entirely unstudied. Although officially lacking names, a distinct nickname began circulating the internet that rapidly gained popularity. Many were calling the combination of virus and disease the “Torpor Virus”, a nickname so popular that it led to the eventual naming of both entities. Panicked scientists around the world were still scrambling to understand just exactly how the unexpected interaction of those three different factors came to produce such scientific anomalies. Even if a vaccine could be developed for the virus, it would only solve just that. Every infected specimen that was studied had both the virus and the prions in their system, never were those two apart it seemed. Many were both frightened and confused on how something of this nature could occur. Until one biologist by the name of Vincent La’Croix coined the theory that the two were somehow working together in a form of symbiosis. A frightening theory, that two different factors each causing their own illness were somehow working together to create a plague that couldn’t be avoided and couldn’t be cured.

Months passed into what many were calling a true apocalypse, infrastructure around the world crumbled bit by bit as society collapsed. Many governments failed to keep citizens in order or were overrun by the millions of infected individuals who were now nothing more than a walking husk of humanity. Sadly, simple human ignorance and violence can be blamed for so many things that went wrong. Many well-developed countries, initially, were substantially more stable with the exception of China facing a massive civil uprising along with other oppressive countries. Riots and violence were more-or-less quelled by military and police response; For a short time. Inside the lesser developed countries of the world however, there was no order. Chaos was common and it was every man for themselves. For them, the apocalypse had already truly come. Law and order was either non-existent or so corrupt with power that people had no choice but to bow to the new tyranny, die fighting, or flee and survive alone. Despite how much damage was done, there was still one hope that circulated in the countries that still stood. It was assumed that as the now walking corpses of humanity decayed over the period of several months, the world could eventually have the opportunity to recover from the damages and rebuild. These walking corpses, that many had taken to calling ‘Husks’, seemingly began to defy natural science as it were. Bacteria, fungi, insects, even the body’s natural decomposition processes were halted in an act of befuddling scientific defiance. What husks had decayed were left to do so, but the ones that still stood and any new creations were now bizarre time capsules that only suffered what damage could be delivered to them, be it done by man, chance, or the environment.

This ‘Torpor Virus’, as the double-edged sword of disease and virus had been nicknamed, stunned the minds of medical science with how quickly it had developed into something responsible for wiping out more than 82 percent of the human population; and re-purposing over roughly 75 percent. A scientific anomaly that had never been seen before, one that struck both fear and awe in the hearts of those tasked with studying it. Societal collapse, violence, disease, natural disaster and more that came in the years after left merely 5.8 percent of the human population behind in a crumbling world; Little over 450 million.

By the time 2019 came to a disastrous end, in the span of only 9 months, humanity was losing their battle for survival. By 2022, the large majority of governments around the world had all but collapsed, some meagerly scraped by and only the most powerful held strong. Yet even these once powerful nations held no ability to maintain large scale control and were a mere shell of their former glory. Many European countries had been the first to fall, leaving only the strongest among them to remain. China was lost, destroyed in a terrible mix of civil uprising and massive swath of infection. Humanity was largely left alone, fending for their own devices while facing the newfound struggle for survival against themselves, nature, and a plague that still took lives with each passing day. By 2023 the world was beyond a recoverable state for the foreseeable future. But humanity never gave up, even as nations collapsed or law and order failed to exist, communities were built and practiced their own order; sometimes adopting doctrines from both ends of the spectrum and other times creating their own forms of law and order. Within the shattered remains of what was once the U.S.A exists one of the largest survivor populations from coast to coast. An estimated total of 2,374,000 individuals remain from the once large 330 million-strong population, less than one percent. The year is now 2024, closing in on 2025 in this chilled October month, you are a survivor living in the cold U.S North East.

Information: This is certainly a grittier take on an apocalyptic scenario. Nothing is all hunky dorie compared to the more tame apocalyptic scenes. I intend for this to be rough, I intend for it to show the less seen sense of despair and fear that apocalyptic fandom has grown away from. Inventory will need to be managed. Injuries taken will heal within a more realistic time period. If you'd like further info, ask me. Also, I might very well consider attempting to turn this into a large rp thread, not too sure. I've been contemplating this for a hot minute.

Miscellaneous/FandomSupernaturalxHuman
SoldierxEnemy
MonsterxMonster
MonsterxHuman
Alienxcolonist
ThiefxGuardsman
AssassinxVictim
CriminalxCriminal

Sentence Prompts"Did you honestly think I'd leave you behind?"
"Well, this is awkward."
"Oh come on, there's no way all that stuff is true. It's just an abandoned theme park."
"Look, it's best not to ask questions, at least not yet. Come on, lets get you out of here."
"You thought I was always this way? Man, have I got a story for you..."
"Always the same with you isn't it? Go fight the villain, put them behind bars, justice blah blah blah get off your fucking high horse. You haven't even considered why I do what I do, have you? What I've been through!"
"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT THING?!"
"Just when I thought I'd gotten rid of you...What do you want now?"

Well folks, that's all for now. More is to come when I do some brainstorming. Grab a cookie on your way out.
Cookie.jpg

Last edited:
New plot added! Introducing "Secrets of the Second World War"

Find yourself in the shoes of Muse A or B as they find out what horrors the Reich had tried to seal away in a hidden bunker within the Ardennes Forest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back