• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Survival Advised (Resident Evil inspired survival horror)

Drippy

Graphic Maniac
Survival Advised
-Entry #1 07-02-2020
[div style="background:#531119;width:50%;border-top:5px solid #D8D5D5;border-bottom:5px solid #D8D5D5;border-right:15px solid #531119;border-left:15px solid #531119;padding:5px;text-align:justify;"]
Ever wanted to live in an Utopia with dreams and possibilities never seen on the face of earth? Have you ever had that unsatisfied urge in you that you want to tear apart? You've always wanted to be a part of something greater, to give your life a new meaning and to prove that you are more than just the ordinary everyday worker. To that my friend I introduce you to Deltas, City of Dreams!

This city was formed in 1967 based on a sole goal, to create the humankind's path to immortality.
The founding father, ''Terry Winster'', was a man with a great mind of ambitions, he was someone could call a dreamer, an individual that desired nothing but success. Deltas City was nothing but a project at the time, but over time it grew more, branched out wildly and quickly made a name for itself within the first five years. It was already at that time when the city's final form took it's first hint, rather focusing on their natural resources they instead put a great value to their research and development. One could say they 'were' the future already compared to other cities across the states, but the first true breakthrough in Deltas City was their genetics studies that was lead by a female scientist by the name of Sienna Dorence. Dr. Dorence had succesfully generated a fuel that took use of waste and other leftover substances from other well known fuels. Similar to trees they've created tissues of plants capable of consuming the waste and create a substance that allows them to extract and take use of.

Truly this made the biggest change in the few chapters of Deltas City's history book, twenty years has passed since Dr Dorence's excellent work and ever since then the city grew to become one of the most promising cities existing. But the big difference between Deltas City and the rest is that the population of Deltas did not intend to share their energy harvesting products, instead they sold the by-products of using the said harvested energy. Refined metals, fast grown food, services with excellent results. A lot of their budgets went into simply keeping Dr. Dorence lifework into preservation, even going as far to create their own army force for the city alone, it was at 1994 when they invested in a city wide dedicated protection force made out from purchased trained soldiers. This high level of security also included the infamous metal walls around the city with towering steel shutters, made with the intention to protect it's citizens from various natural disasters or potential war in the far future.

Deltas City truly had everything they needed in terms of necessities, they made their own entertainment, brans exclusively located in their streets, but most importantly, their own perfect world. Deltas City was no longer a city of amazing progress, it became it's own country, a place where they have completely isolated themselves from the outside. To become a visitor to this city one would have become promoted to an WIP, meaning someone with success or with a clear quality to their identity/career.

To every great nation however, there will be a hard time, no matter how good the greatness they possessed or the development they held ever so dear close to them. And with a city that has nothing but fortune in their many years, their first downfall will likely be their last.

[/div]

Important Information

//I will list all the necessary info you are gonna need to know for this roleplay right below here, and if you happen to have more questions then don't hesitate to ask.//

-This is advertised in the group sub-forum meaning I am looking for a bunch of people, I am expecting this roleplay project to need at least 6 participants.
-As advertised this roleplay setting is heavily inspired by the Resident Evil series, meaning it won't be like The Walking Dead or The Last Of Us.
-I don't think I need to clarify this but I will anyway just for safety sake; this is a very mature setting and is recommended for people at the age of 16 and above.
-There will be a whole lot of writing and discussions, expect to spend time into this and if you have a tight schedule then please make it clear to me and those joining.
-This roleplay setting is meant to be realistic in the sense of consequences, characters will die and won't be treated as unkillable individuals.
-However, once your character dies doesn't mean you're out, you can rejoin and make a new character that can be introduced in the middle of the story.
-This roleplay has yet to be decided as for where it's gonna be played at. If people desire to do it right on this thread then by all means, but I do recommend that we do
the planning and execution of decisions in a dedicated Discord Server, I will give a small list of why.
  1. The city is a giant playground for us roleplayers to put our characters in, the group won't be glued together in every scene.
  2. I do graphic work to make maps and pathings at the roleplay goes, and to make it more in clean and tidy it's best to take use of Discord's channel system to showcase the visualized content.
  3. People will know which channels to write their posts in, avoiding clutter between two scenes taking place in two whole different areas.
  4. I can work on a role system to make each user identifable very quickly, and also to give certain IC key items more value by giving more access. For example; Character A recieves the Garage Key Pass from Character B, resulting Character A recieving Character B's Garage Pass Role.

Posting first sample of the city map with somewhat detailed areas.
Deltas City.png

As for Character sheets I will keep it very simple, the real flesh out are the interactions between characters.

Name: Self explanatory

Title: Titles very quickly describes the character's purpose and reason to be in the hellhole of a city, such as The Rogue Cop, The Unwanted Visitor, The Scavanger etc etc.

Occupation: Self explanatory, however if you want to keep it as a mystery to be revealed later on just give me the details through private messages.

Appearance: Write a decent amount if you do not have a reference, the reference must fit in with the theme so keep it somewhat close to a realistic person.

Description: Their personality and overall behaviour.

(I will make weapons very limited so make them count. Only one Two-Handed Firearm allowed. Also, no Rocket Launchers or Miniguns.)

Weapon 1: (Primary)

Weapon 2: (Optional)

Emergency Tool: Everything between First Aid kit and self defense weapons, recommended to be a melee weapon.

Special Trait: Every survivor walking within the city must have a very good reason to stand on their two lively feet, they have something unique like a skill or profession that they can make use of out there. It can be like ''This survivor has a very nimble body, able to make drastic manevours.'' ''He/She is an excellent climber and able to overcome large obstacles.'' Keep the Special Trait simple yet effective, the more specific you make it the less effective it gets. No one can share a Special Trait.

Hello! I'm very intrigued by this idea.

Splendid! Don't hesitate to ask questions, or if you want you can go straight ahead with your character creation. Once the amount of participants reaches 6 I will ask you all where you want this to happen.

May I ask what exactly are some key elements of a "Resident-Evil" styled RP? What sort of differences would separate this style from a more traditional survival?

May I ask what exactly are some key elements of a "Resident-Evil" styled RP? What sort of differences would separate this style from a more traditional survival?

Biggest key element is definitely the style of the zombies. They develope over time and result in more extreme versions of the undead, borderline monsters you'd see from a Sci-Fi. Resident Evil also has a great focus on aestethics, I wanna include puzzle solving and unnusual obstacles than from a traditional zombie setting. Give more attention to the surroundings/interior of the building.

And a fun small yet significant difference is that Resident Evil doesn't lean on the zombie survival tropes such as Headshot=Neutralized, bullets in most cases doesn't even affect them and have to be creative with the killing method. Or that Getting Bit=Game Over, that's not the case whatsoever, it simply confirms the one who's bitten are infected, but unless they are dying or dead they won't turn.

I should also mention quickly that Resident Evil has a slight hint of Over-The-Top scenarios, I like to imagine the survivors to be able to take hits more than one should and that they can perform extreme stunts when necessary.

For this group of survivors, what should the composition be like?

Are we a ragtag group of random civilians? A specialized team set to deal with various threats?

For this group of survivors, what should the composition be like?

Are we a ragtag group of random civilians? A specialized team set to deal with various threats?

That is completely up to you and the rest! The survivors, or rather just those alive left in the isolated city can have plenty of motivations to survive, or even betray others for their own benefit. It can be anyone between a random shopowner that miraculously survived the outbreak to a well armed soldier. The character can have a significant purpose or could be someone that wants to take advantage of the situation by taking anything valuable. Special forces has been torn apart, the high budget military located within the city has been oblitirated, leaving behind only few remainers. Even the police force are shattered.

The only thing you have to worry about is that the survivor has to be a part of the city or being a recent visitor, you can't enter the city after the outbreak since it's completely isolated.

honestly this sounds really cool. I'm not really familliar with resident evil though, will that be a problem? I mean, I'm totally down to research it if it's a must but just to be sure ^^ I live in europe though, so timezones may be a tad tricky, and I'm a college student meaning I won't always have a lot of time, it really varies from week to week. Will that be a huge problem? I mean, generally I'm pretty active but sometimes college just likes to kick my butt.

honestly this sounds really cool. I'm not really familliar with resident evil though, will that be a problem? I mean, I'm totally down to research it if it's a must but just to be sure ^^ I live in europe though, so timezones may be a tad tricky, and I'm a college student meaning I won't always have a lot of time, it really varies from week to week. Will that be a huge problem? I mean, generally I'm pretty active but sometimes college just likes to kick my butt.

Timezones shouldn't be a problem at all, I am from Europe too. As long you find enjoyment in the roleplay you should find the appropiate times, I don't mind minor absences.

As for knowledge about the series, I can't really say it's required, but I do recommend just view a quick video for what Resident Evil is about, maybe a shoret lore video or something. If there is one thing Resident Evil nails then it is simply the atmosphere it gives, something I am aiming to recreate in this roleplay setting.

I'd also like to ask a bit more regarding the lore of your RP, depending on how much you'd like to be revealed. What exactly incites this disaster and why it came to be? Does it parallel Resident Evil with the misuse of biological weapons? Or are you hatching a different scheme?

Sorry for the questions, just very interested in the lore stuff.

I'd also like to ask a bit more regarding the lore of your RP, depending on how much you'd like to be revealed. What exactly incites this disaster and why it came to be? Does it parallel Resident Evil with the misuse of biological weapons? Or are you hatching a different scheme?

Sorry for the questions, just very interested in the lore stuff.

I do have a small plan for how it's gonna be revealed, but I will get the somewhat ''obvious'' stuff out of the way.

As mentioned in the small page of introductionary lore I've described the breakthrough to be based on a plant turning waste into harvestable substance that can be turned into plentiful energy. This bio technology was the moving force of the progression of the city and as such became the one thing commonly used for every production. While not available to the public directly, the plants has left an immense amount of traces of their conversion system all over the city.

It is harmless and was proven to not have any side effects to the human body, however there was a sudden accident within the city that resulted a dozen of victims losing their lives. Due to the large quantity of death the body exposed to the traces of the plants was quickly ''labelled'' as waste. Their bodies, now treated as consumable waste, began to take advantage of the anatomy of the body, effectively making the corpse a 'plant'.

From there you can imagine how the situation slowly grew in the deepest part of the city, and before they knew it the zombies has gone on a murder spree, feasting on the whatevers similar to their own host.

(I've left major details out by the way)

(BUMPING THIS THREAD)

While the bump does it's work I'd like to share more content, to show that I giving this idea dedication and for those desiring to participate be able to visualize setting.

Also pinging Darth Darth and Summer Breeze Summer Breeze to keep them updated,

Here I have created logos of important groups taking place in the city, I will list them down.

(Starting from top left to bottom right.)

D.C.P stands for Deltas City Police, the main force for upholding law and order in the city while also being the oldest group in the city. A very traditional styled police force.

Black Hole is a hidden infamous group that specializes in federal cases, sent by authorities to deal with the most extreme cases. An important note is that these special mercenaries do not follow the law, their only motivation is success and reward.

Gunther.Co is an old brand company that got well funded by the city's authorities, specializing in dealership of weaponry they assisted a lot with setting up a defenses and firepower for the police and the organized army force.

V.F.R stands for Vital Fate Research has is the official research facility for Deltas City and the great moving force for the city's growth. VFR cannot be seen anywhere in the city, but it is very clear they operate underground and instead use their public face as the hospital, which is fittingly named Hospital of Vitality.

Deltas Emergency Force is the actively funded protection army that the city has purchased and developed. These soldiers only exist incase of a city wide emergency, specifically potential wars happening in the future, meant to be able to tackle any situation when needed.

DE stands for Deltas Electricity is another funding company for the city where it first started as a normal business for engineers and electricians, now after putting their full focus on Deltas City they have grown to become the people responsible for the energy conversion.

(Quick side note, this is my design and artwork, please do not take, thank you.)

DeltasCityLogos.png

As a Resident Evil fan, I am very much interested in this. Even have a character set up and ready to go.

As a Resident Evil fan, I am very much interested in this. Even have a character set up and ready to go.

Awesome, the more RE fans the better! Which then leaves us with 3 participants so far.

I'd lovingly take a look of your character too, I adore OCs inspired from the RE series.

Awesome, the more RE fans the better! Which then leaves us with 3 participants so far.

I'd lovingly take a look of your character too, I adore OCs inspired from the RE series.
Then you'll love my OC that I have in store. Can't wait to put her back in action.

Is there a CS page coming, or is there a different place to direct our applications?

Is there a CS page coming, or is there a different place to direct our applications?

By CS I assume you mean Character Sheet. You can send it to my Private Messages, I will gather all the applications in a channel on Discord for everyone to see when I launch the Roleplay.

While we're waiting for the sixth and last needed participant I can start get things in fully order and send you guys an invite to the private server on Discord.

I'd also very much like for those who haven't sent the Character Sheet to do it sometime soon, you can do it here or through private messages.

I currently got a Medic and a Soldier from Deltas Emergency Force.

Summer Breeze Summer Breeze
BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27
Webs Elk Webs Elk
Darth Darth
Addicted to Coffee Addicted to Coffee

While we're waiting for the sixth and last needed participant I can start get things in fully order and send you guys an invite to the private server on Discord.

I'd also very much like for those who haven't sent the Character Sheet to do it sometime soon, you can do it here or through private messages.

I'll try and get one up tonight but I can't promise anything :/ I got a full day at internship and I'm known to be rather dead afterwards

Summer Breeze Summer Breeze
BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27
Webs Elk Webs Elk
Darth Darth
Addicted to Coffee Addicted to Coffee
I'll have something up for you tomorrow before I leave for work. Right now I am just too tired to think about anything.

This isn't necessarily important but I can imagine it has a great importance for the character creation.

I've totally forgotten to write down the current year, but it is currently 1993, ignore the date I wrote at the very top, that was the date I wrote the ad itself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back