• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
((Uhhh.... Alex is open for interaction... She'sjust wandering around, being a grump. And Kyle is at his tattoo parlour, 'cause he's got a job to do. I haven't had internet, so that's why I haven't posted.))

upload_2017-5-23_17-2-55.jpeg
Chase's chiding remark about their approach not accounting for his possible conflicted loyalties didn't fall on deaf ears. It was a possibility he'd considered and part of the reason he'd been surprised at Mac's "job offer" to begin with. Still, he couldn't argue with the spirit of what he was saying. The genuine betrayed anger in his tone ironically did even more to convince Will that they -- he -- had made a mistake. Chase was no spy... but they were going to make him one and point him in the other direction.

As Mackenzie briefed Chase on their plans moving forward, William made a mental note to share with Chase on what he'd learned of tradecraft basics over the years. He didn't know how much of it would apply to infiltrating a Pack of werewolves, but it couldn't hurt. "Agreed. As it stands, you have the most reliable and up-to-date information anyone has gotten on the Pack and survived. It's your call on how you want to proceed." He sighed, fingers drumming anxiously against the table.

"But there's something you don't know, but you need to if we're going through with this." Will paused to take a deep breath before continuing. "The night of the Trial, Pan... changed me. I don't know how or why -- maybe I pissed him off, maybe it's how he gets his kicks. But he transformed me into a Wolf, made me an Alpha alongside the Pack. I... I don't remember much, just flashes, really. I know that I hunted with them, almost killed Elijah." His eyes flicked to the tabletop.

After a brief silence, Will shrugged. "The reason I'm telling you this is that the morning after, I woke up. I was human again, but I wasn't alone. One of the Wolves was following me. They stalked me all the way back to the Colony. They've seen my face, know my scent, and most importantly they know I'm here inside Vitae. I don't know if you can use that to your advantage or not, but it might bring... questions. I don't want you to be caught off-guard if it does. Apparently Pan took the wolf mojo with him -- I'm human again, or else I'd be doing this myself."

Last edited:
large.jpg

Chase listened as Mac went through some details, momentarily clearing his suddenly dry throat. This wasn't something he wanted to do, and not only because of the risks. When the woman asked for what the secret phrase should be Chase had shrugged his shoulders with little idea on what could be used. "A word would probably be less suspicious. Just mention the name Elizabeth somehow and we'll know we should meet." It was easy to remember and already stood for something, being his mothers name. He and Joe had used it in the past for something similar.

Turning back towards Will as the other man mentioned Pan and his trial, Will being turned into a Werewolf momentarily which was something he'd never heard of, and a wolf that followed the man back to Vitae. "No wonder you reeked of Wolf afterwards, but what confuses me is that they let you live." Chase leaned back in his chair in thought. "They didn't kill you, and they didn't kill me. You would have been easy prey out there without protection, and they had me outnumbered...maybe twenty to one."

It was rather confusing how this was going, they were speaking to him like they trusted him yet Will still had one hidden hand underneath the table. "The alpha said his pack had turned hunters in it, that they'd chosen to join him. So maybe he's aiming to bolster his ranks, it'd explain the invitation. That is assuming they don't kill me the moment they decide I'm no longer any use to them. But then again what are my options? Possibly killed by Wolves, run out of Vitae, or killed by Will here." Chase huffed defeated, he didn't particularly enjoy being forced into a corner like this but he'd make the best of it by trying to help the colony. No way was he about to ruin what Joe wanted here.

"I do need some assurances. Like, if everything goes south and I don't make it back that you two make sure as hell my father doesn't do something stupid like going after the wolves on his own."
NanLia NanLia Safton Safton

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie nodded, easy enough call sign for Elizabeth; it wasn't likely she would forget it any time soon, his final request made her pause but she agreed none the less. "Absolutely." This entire situation wasn't ideal, she didn't want to send him out, but she didn't want to go into his fight blind either. This was an opportunity she couldn't pass up and Vitae would ow Chase a huge debt of gratitude when all was said and done. That is if any of them lived through it.

"Knowing this now. That they had the opportunity to kill both of you and didn't take it means they might be able to be reasoned with. I don't want you to take any further risks than you are already, but if you can find out if that's a possibility...." If Vitae and the Pack could come to an agreement where Borseti failed to, maybe it would be a far better ending for all of them than the road they were clearly already headed down. "We'll let you go pack your stuff, what you need to bring. I .. I don't think it's a good idea for Joe to take you out." She glanced to Will; the man was still on edge, even she could see it. "I'll take him, besides, if it is my family, they know me, know my scent. You can tell them I found you out, gave you an ultimatum to run or die."

She paused and frowned. "That won't work. They'll be suspicious. If you tell them I found you out and let you live, they'll know something is up." She didn't like having Will go out with Chase; she didn't want Joe to go only for the fact that the father would likely do what Chase was already worried about; something stupid. "If the spared Will, then he spared a wolf it would seem more likely, right?"

Crono Crono
Safton Safton

upload_2017-5-23_17-2-55-jpeg.314163

"But then again what are my options? Possibly killed by Wolves, run out of Vitae, or killed by Will here."

Will acquiesced. He had long since lowered the revolver, letting it sit idly in his lap. At Chase's remark, he grabbed it up and brought it slowly, muzzle pointed away, into view. He opened the cylinder, dumping out the rounds onto the table with an audible clatter and setting the weapon aside. He left his thoughts at Chase's demand regarding Joe unspoken: If this goes South and you don't make it back, it won't just be the Wolves to blame.

It'll be us.

William listened as Mackenzie spoke, nodding at the last. "They don't know me; the real me, anyway. It's your best shot to explain yourself and get an in with them. The more desperate you appear to them -- the more you have to gain -- the better. They'd be suspicious of anything less." Will paused, his brow creasing into a frown. "You might need a background lined up. Granted, I'm no expert on this, but they may end up asking what Packs you've run with before. If any answer you give is close to the truth..." his voice trailed off, leaving the rest unsaid. Any mention of Joe raising Chase might make the former a target for the Pack. Not to mention a Packless werewolf suddenly seeking the company of his own kind -- even under the duress of exile from Vitae -- would raise their suspicions further.

Last edited by a moderator:
large.jpg

"Risks? Me? Never." Chase said sarcastically in reply to Mackenzie telling him not to risk himself further. Will finally brought the weapon out, to no surprise, and emptied the chamber. It was a show of trust but currently it meant little to Chase other than he could stand up without worrying too much. Mac continued on her own plan spilling out much to Chase's annoyance, he agreed to it but if he was going to be the one out there he could figure out some specifics himself. "We take my car. One of you can drive me out, I don't care which. I agree Joe shouldn't. We only drive half of the way, that way there's no chance any of them get a visual or a whiff, but the car should smell more than enough like me and Joe to prevent anything as long as you don't get out and leave the windows closed just in case. I can run the rest of the way."

Reaching around Chase rubbed at the back of his neck harshly whilst Will spoke on coming up with a false background, "Problem with that is when the Alpha cornered me he was in the truck so he knows Joe's scent, doesn't know who he is but knows he's close I'd imagine. And I might have already told him that I'd never been with a pack." The hand proceeded towards the front of his face, scratching at his beard while he tried to remember what he told Emile. "We talked, not like I had a choice what with being surrounded and all. I was angry and nervous. Scared shitless honestly, and I just run my mouth when that happens."

Chase sighed before standing slowly but not moving from where the chair was, but simply leaning forwards against the table on his hands. It was necessary. "I'm not sure he'll really care about why I came to him so much as that I just did. But if anything I can use the cover that someone found out and gave me the ultimatum. What we should talk about is what I say when he starts grilling me for info on the colony and it's numbers. Assuming they don't already have that information already. And if they do, and I give false numbers or info they will know." Chase didn't think the plan could get less appealing.
Safton Safton NanLia NanLia

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie listened and glanced to William, "Tell him the truth. Give him what you know." That information was now irrelevant, but she wasn't about to tell Chase this. Franklin was going to bolster their numbers, and so the information Chase had, and the pack potentially had was now far far different. "You haven't been brought in on the defenses of the colony, you weren't part of any of the hunting teams, except the one you volunteered for. What information you do have won't be enough to hurt us tactically, but will be accurate to what the pack would know if they know already. "

She was thankful enough that he agreed Joe should not go, and only felt slightly better about William taking him. "Do you think Joe is at risk? With the Alpha knowing his scent?" This was a different concern now, while Joe remained in Vitae the Alpha couldn't reach him, but if Chase thought the pack leader would consider Joe something to kill or claim, it would mean she and Will would have to make sure the man didn't step outside the walls until all was said and done.

Crono Crono
Safton Safton

The Pack already knowing Chase's history along with his relationship to Joe certainly complicated things... but not to the point beyond salvaging. The fact that he'd be able to be truthful with the Pack without fear of endangering Vitae as Mac had pointed out might help in the long run. It would be easier than trying to provide a convincing lie to the Pack's every query, in any case.

"I'll drive you out," Will said. "On the off-chance one of them does catch a whiff of who you've been with, better it be me than Mackenzie. Fits better with the story." He paused, idly clasping his hands together. "Regardless of how the Alpha feels, I'd like to keep a close eye on Joe for the time being."

Last edited:
large.jpg

Mac's concern was a valid one, but Chase's brief meeting with Emile he didn't think the Alpha would go to such lengths. "Maybe I should just tell him who Joe is then. If they want my loyalty they'll know to leave him the hell alone." Chase shrugged his shoulders pushing back off the table, "I'll figure it out, it's hard to prepare when you don't really know what you're walking into. Once I'm there and get a feel for it I can make these kinds of choices more easily."

He nodded at Will's comment about keeping an eye on Joe, "I'd be grateful but he's not going to be too happy with you two for a while. Neither of us will really, but I get it." Chase was doing this for Joe and Vitae, not so much them. Chase started to leave and looked over at Will, "But I'll talk to him. I'll grab some things and meet at your place, shouldn't take long." Continuing his steps he exited the tent, earning a nice solid glare from Joe before they got in the vehicle and headed towards the barracks.
NanLia NanLia Safton Safton

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie remained quiet, she wouldn’t comment further about what Chase should or shouldn’t do in this situation, he was right; he wouldn’t know for sure what he could or couldn’t do until he was there in the thick of it. She wished they could prepare him more, give him any kind of advantage but there was just nothing either Will or herself could offer beyond what they had already.

She watched him leave in silence, the rest of this was up to him and Will to sort out on the drive out of the colony. She waited a time, growing in nervousness: there was nothing to deflect to further, nothing she could throw between them that she could derail the conversation from where it was going to go. Will knew more now, about where she had come from, how she had been part of the nest: and as far as Franklin was concerned, still part of it. She knew she should feel bothered by the knowledge that she had helped the nest over a decade of living with them but she didn’t, she couldn’t.

Eventually she spoke softly, vision focused on the now empty chair between them. “I owe you a lot.” She paused, clearing her throat. “And, like I said earlier, I’ll answer any question you might have for me truthfully, but I want to know why I left.” At this point she figited in her chair, reclaiming her blade and slipping it back into her boot, looking for something to distract her hands. “I left because I was lonely.” She glanced towards him. “Not in the sad 'I’ll never be married way': I was alone. The only human in the whole nest. The others were there for kicks, either to screw a vampire, feed them, or both. But they went home. To human friends and human families and I had neither. ...I wanted to join them, I was going to ask Franklin to turn me, make me part of the nest in truth but before I had the courage to I panicked and ran.” She knew if she had attempted to do this alone, speak to Franklin by herself she would have left with him today. “I have a home now, and a family of sorts. With you and Ash and Eli. You kept me calm, stable. Thank you.”

Safton Safton

Last edited:

William watched Chase leave before turning toward Mac. Neither spoke for several long moments, but she was fidgeting in her seat. Will was slowly learning her "tells", the obvious signs of when something was on her mind. After Franklin's visit and the things he'd revealed about her past, he was fairly certain what that "something" was. But he wouldn't push her, he wouldn't prod. Instead, Will waited in silence, eyes staring down at the tabletop, or the now-empty revolver set to the side. If Mackenzie wanted to broach the subject, he'd let her do it -- on her terms.

Finally, she spoke up, breaking the silence. Will glanced up at her, holding eye contact and listening to every word.

“I have a home now, and a family of sorts. With you and Ash and Eli. You kept me calm, stable. Thank you.”

Will stood up wordlessly, shifting out of his chair and stepping over to take the one Chase had left. He turned it around to face Mac, reaching out to take her hand. "You don't owe me anything," he said quietly. "You don't owe anyone anything -- except yourself a chance to be happy... with whoever and wherever that may be." William shook his head. "I would never fault you for what happened at the Nest. You were by yourself, the only family and home you ever knew taken from you," he said, voice straining. "It's only natural that you would want a new home, regardless of what form that came in."

His mouth slowly curved into a wan smile. "But... for what it's worth, I'm happy you made the decision you did. I'm happy I came to Vitae when I did. I'm happy me and Elijah were the ones to find you and Ash on that stretch of road..." William shrugged. "You don't owe me anything because this is a two-way street, Mac. Ash cares about you more than you know. Elijah too, even if he won't admit it. You make them happy by being here."

Will took a deep breath. "And as for me... you do a lot more than that. You saw what happened to me in the desert, why I started Hunting in the first place. I died there -- literally. The doctors brought me back from the brink, but... not all of me. Part of me never woke up in that hospital bed and it's been gone ever since, like a gap I can't fill. There have been 'sparks' -- when I started Hunting, when I saved lives, when I partnered up with Elijah -- but nothing like when I'm with you, Mac." He shrugged again, impotently. "You make me want to be whole again."

Last edited:
dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie watched Will move closer, take up the seat directly in front of her, she focused on his hands holding hers as he spoke, feeling her face burn red; her heart racing. A smile slowly traced over her features when he went on to tell her she didn't own anyone anything, while she still felt she did and was about to make a sassy comment about the Council feeling otherwise, but he stunned her as he continued on. Dark eyes turned up to his, meeting his gaze and holding it.

"You make me want to be whole again."

Her heart skipped, lips parted but she didn't know what to say but she certainly knew what to do, she leaned into him. She pulled her hands free from his so she could slid her arms around his shoulder and kiss him. This is what she had wanted to do since she had spoke to Elijah, damn that man making her panic about William's past. She had been worried for the wrong reasons. She had believed, loved, the fact that Will was making her far better than what she was alone, that she was having the opposite effect. Terrified she was making him someone worse when really she was seeing him. While she knew of his past, had seen what had happened to him, what he had had to do in order to survive, she knew the feeling. Not being who you are, existing but not living.

Safton Safton

Chase Keaton / Joe Keaton
large.jpg
2014JackColeman_Getty146226664170614.jpg
The entire way back to the barracks had gone in silence with Joe driving and not even looking over at Chase. That's how Chase knew he was in deep shit, because Joe was not a quiet man. Once at the barracks the two men moved inside and Chase set to grabbing what little he felt he'd need, but it was hard to say how much he'd need. The younger was shoving things into his duffel-bag, finally Joe cleared his throat before speaking up. "This is a mistake. You're going to get yourself killed for nothing and the colony is still going to be attacked. If we leave now nobody will be the wiser." Thankfully the immediate area of the barracks was rather empty so they could speak without being too mindful.

Chase halted his packing momentarily to look over his shoulder at Joe, "I don't want to leave, and I don't want you to have to leave. So I'm doing this, and I'm asking you not to fight me on it." Chase turned and grabbed a sheathed silver-bladed knife before stopping himself. That was the hunter instinct to pack, he couldn't look suspicious. "I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't think I could pull it off. You know me better than anyone so you should know that."

Joe maneuvered around so that he could be in the others eyesight, "You are my son, I will always keep your best interests in mind no matter the situation or what you think of it." The older man's frustration lessened as he spoke and it was clear to Chase that he was more afraid than anything. "I think that's the issue right now. Thing is I don't need my dad right now, I need my hunting partner who trusts me." Chase turned to look up at the older man.

"Chase, I will always trust you, but deceit isn't your strong-suit. And this is different from a hunt because you'll be on your own with an entire pack of werewolves. I don't see you coming out of this unscathed."

"It's not fully deceit if I tell them the truth." This seemed to surprise Joe who regarded him curiously, "Look, Will and Mac are going to keep you up to date but I'd rather you stay out of this for the most part. Help the colony like you've been doing, and don't...do anything stupid, please. I'm not going to be here to drag your ass out of whatever mess you get into." The end bit was sarcasm that had them both smiling momentarily.​

William was taken aback when Mackenzie slipped free from his grasp, wrapping her arms around him and bringing her lips to his. His surprise quickly gave way to enthusiasm as he returned the kiss, encircling her with his arms. He had been worried that he'd said more than he should have earlier, dropped too much on her at once. But after Franklin's visit he needed Mac to know what she meant to him, for her to understand that she had salvaged a piece of him he thought long since lost. She said that he grounded her, kept her stable... but she was the one who kept him afloat.

Reluctantly, Will broke the kiss, tilting his head upward to place another on her forehead before speaking. "I need to get to the house to meet Chase... and I've already been lectured enough on 'public displays' for one day," he said with a wry smirk. The expression disappeared soon after, replaced by a concerned frown. "Did we do the right thing, Mac? With Chase, I mean. If this drive ends up being a one-way trip for him..." his voice trailed off.

I'd never forgive myself.

dx0HE3H.jpg

With registration Mac stepped away from Will, lest they get caught in a far more public setting than they had previously. She winced hearing his unfinished sentence, and she knew how he would feel, how they both would if something happened to Chase. "What else could we have done?" She immediately regretted the question, they could have left it, could have just kept the secret to themselves and let Chase live out his days hidden among the humans. She didn't believe he was a threat to anyone but himself in the colony, one day his smart mouth was going to earn him some trouble; that was always the way.

She watched him carefully before speaking again, wanting to make this clear for him. "We need this information, we need the edge. We know nothing about our enemy except what they are and what they have done in the past. Borseti was a massive colony compared to Vitae; this place doesn't compare to how large it had been and it was decimated by the pack." She carefully reached up his cup his cheek, offering him a sad smile. "This is war, and we have to make tough decisions, this is just the first we don't like.... a lot." There had been others, regretful decisions made in the past, but they too had been tough. "If Chase didn't think he could handle this, I would be running now. And you and I both know neither of us would hunt him down." It wasn't a great answer, she knew, but it was reality.

She returned her hand to herself, giving him a sad smile, "Let's go, before he beats us there and give you shit for it." She held her hand out for him to take, there was no point in hiding what they were, even if neither of them knew.

Safton Safton

As Alex's anger faded, it turned to disgust. At herself and what she was. "If only I had talked them out of attacking the best without backup... Maybe I wouldn't be a monster if I hadn't gone back for that girl when I was free... Maybe Spider would be better off if I just left." Alex rubbed her hand across her face and headed towards the gate. Her hoodie was in her truck, left there after she stormed off. She moved quickly, not sure if she would run into Kyle, and he would convince her to stay. She hadn't planed on staying this long anyway. What better time than now.
She pulled the bandage off her tattoo, and winced. The sun burned on the irritated skin, but she just stalked forward. Squinting as she approached the gate, she saw that Kyle had left.
"Most likely to his parlour. He did mention he had to work today." She wasn't sure how long she stalked the town, but the sunlight had given her a nasty sunburn, and her sunglasses weren't doing much to shield her sensitive eyes. Luckily her truth was in shade, giving her some relief from the crual sun. She leaned against the cool metal good hood of her truck, sighing at the small amount of relief it provided her.
((Hiya. Sups?))

Objectively, William knew that Mackenzie was right. They did need the information Chase was potentially capable of gathering. It wasn't out of the question that something he discovered could end up saving dozens or even hundreds of lives.

As Mac placed her hand against his cheek, he looked back up at her, meeting her gaze. She was right: this was no longer a Hunt. It was a war, one that involved complex and difficult decisions. That was something he understood, or at least he should have. And yet... this time was different in all the ways that mattered. And Mac was correct on another matter: neither of them would raise a hand against Chase even if he bolted on them. As far as Will was concerned, he had every right to.

"Let's go, before he beats us there and give you shit for it."

William nodded hesitantly, forcing the doubts away for the time being. For better or worse, they were on a set course. He reached out to take Mac's offered hand when something caught his eye, resting idly in a chair at the table. The mystery bag Franklin had offered to Mackenzie. Cautiously, Will picked the container up with his free arm. He shot a questioning glance to Mac as they prepared to leave; she hadn't seem intent on seeing the contents. He wouldn't open it without her say.

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie waited in silence as Will was clearly still very torn over their decision. She had wished she could have left him out of it, knew it was likely eating at his soul this very second. She knew if something like this were to arise again, she would leave the man out of it wholly if she could. He finally accepted her hand, but when he reached for the bag she frowned. She had forgotten that it was eve there. With Will's questioning look she could only shrug. "I can only imagine what Franklin thought I may have forgotten. Everything I owned was in my car when I left."

She was hesitant to open it in front of Will. She didn't know what was inside, and she wasn't sure Franklin wouldn't have put something in there to make her waver on her decision to stay. "I'll check it out at the house." She gave his hands a squeeze before setting out of the tent back towards the house.

Safton Safton

William nodded his understanding, letting the bag hang from his free arm as Mac led him from the tent by the hand. Any worries about them being seen together as more than a Councilman and his aide were forgotten; he had no doubt there would be whispers around Vitae about how "unprofessional" their relationship was... or worse from the small element that doubted Mackenzie's loyalty and saw Will as an outsider who had gamed his way into a seat on the Council.

He couldn't care less about any of it. Will's primary concern was Chase and, by extension, Joe. The mission they had forced on the former weighed heavily on his mind with every passing second and he was content to spend this brief walk to the house taking comfort in being near Mac.

"Joe's not going to like us being in his sight," Will said. "Much less playing Mother Hen. I don't know if the Alpha will try for him or not, but I don't want to be surprised if he does... or if Joe does something rash."

He paused, hesitating for just a moment as they walked. "I've got an idea, if this goes on long enough. With Elijah out of commission for the time being, I'm thinking about bringing in some help from the bench."

Last edited:
dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie understood Will's concerns, neither of them would be able to approach Joe for a very long time, if ever again. Checking up on him would involve needing to notify other people that he needed to be watched which would only raise questions further as to Chase's sudden disappearance. As it were they were going to have to come up with a cover to explain why Will was going to drive the man out of the colony in his own car and then returned without him. She had considered seeing if she could convince Ashley to do this; the woman had way of worming into peoples personal affairs without them even noticing or caring half the time.

Will brought up Elijah, yet another topic they needed to work out, but he was mentioning bringing someone in. She found it odd how he had brought it up, seemed awkward but she chalked it up to the rough end of the night. "Alright, we can use all the help we can get." She certainly wasn't apposed to any more hunters joining them, or any kind of help for that matter.

Safton Safton

upload_2017-5-25_20-55-15.jpeg
As they drew nearer to the house, William nodded. "I'll make the call," he said, stepping up onto the porch to pull the door open and stand aside for Mackenzie to enter. He was hesitant to involve the help he had in mind for more reasons than one... but she was trustworthy and capable in a way few people were. More than anything, that's what they needed right now. Plus, it meant another fresh face Joe might not lash out at should she begin showing up around him.

After entering the house, Will set Franklin's bag on the couch wordlessly. He made his way back to he and Elijah's room, grabbing a duffel bag and loading it with a few basic items before returning to the living room. He didn't anticipate trouble on the drive, but it paid to be prepared. Will made a mental note to grab a few other basics from his truck before leaving.

He cast a wary glance at the bag Franklin had offered Mackenzie before looking back at her. "If you don't want me here when you open it -- if you even want to open it -- it's fine. I'll understand," he said evenly.

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie waited for Will to collect what he needed from his bedroom as she looked over the duffel. She hadn't a clue what was within it; whatever it was she had left behind for one reason or another. William reemerged from the bedroom and she frowned as he spoke about the bag from Franklin. She moved to sit on the couch next to it and immediately working the stuffed bag open. With the zipper pulled all the way she pushed it open. Within it was an assortment of times: clothing, shoes made up the most of it, but there was another bag made of thick leather. She didn't need to open that one to know it was the armor Franklin had made her. She wasn't quiet ready for Will to see it again, not after the dream they had shared.

Tucked within the clothing were a few other objects: a small plain wooden box, when she opened this within was an assortment of jewelry -odd considering Mackenzie wore none. She set it aside and fished out a small cardboard box and gave an annoyed huff tossing it back down. It was a cell phone, a new model of something smartphone that she certainly didn't want. She leaned against the back of the couch with a small smile. "Curiosity satisfied?" She knew he meant what he had said, that she could have opened it alone, but she had nothing to hide from him; there was nothing Franklin could send that would upset her.

Her smile faded quickly into a worried look. "Please be careful."

Safton Safton
Crono Crono

Last edited:
upload_2017-5-25_20-55-15-jpeg.315001

William had watched curiously as Mackenzie sifted through the contents of the bag. He had been prepared for the worst, based on Mackenzie's initial reluctance and Franklin's demeanor. The items inside had proven rather mundane for the most part. "Curiosity satisfied?" Will nodded with a smile, glad that Franklin hadn't packed anything that would shake her resolve, make her question the choice to stay in Vitae. He wouldn't have put that past the Den Master, based solely on what he knew of the vampire during their brief meeting and what Mac had told him. Manipulation clearly wasn't outside of his wheelhouse... then again, how could he say they were any different with what they were sending Chase into?

"Please be careful."

Will moved toward the couch, reaching out to gently run one hand along her cheek. "You know I will."

Mackenzie attempted to give Will a confident smile but it wouldn't last long. He was headed out with Chase to drop him off where they assumed the pack would be closer. Despite the fact that she trusted Chase was not part of the pack, there was no guarantee the wolf wouldn't do something now. Will would be at a disadvantage alone in the car with him. "Maybe I should go to?" She already knew the answer to this; the second the pack caught her scent it could end any advantage Chase had. Not to mention if they found them on the road again, she doubted greatly they would relent like they had before.

Ashley had been to the barracks and back again before Mac and Will had made it back to the house after their meeting with the den master. She had been sitting in her shared room with Mac looking over every bit of knowledge she could find about Nephilims. None of it was good.

Beyond what Eli had shared she had found more; not only were they abominations to both species, angels often sought out and killed parents and child whenever they could. Either they didn't know about her bundle of joy or Alaric had done something to hide it from the other angels before he left. At least now she understood why he had ran; he didn't want to die any more than she did.

She knew she would have to tell Mac and Will sooner rather than later, she assumed the Oracle of a god would be able to help in some way or another to keep the child hidden until they could figure out what to do. She heard voices and movement coming from the hall and living room. Setting aside the laptop she wandered to the door way just in time to see the affectionate caress between Will and Mac.
"I thought we covered this already," She said with a smirk.

Safton Safton

upload_2017-5-25_20-55-15-jpeg.315001

"Maybe I should go to?"

Will shook his head lightly, his tone soft. "We can't risk it. I hate the idea of you leaving these walls as it is." He relented, offering her a smile in return. "It'll be fine."

At the sound of Ashley's voice, William turned to see her standing in the hall. His face didn't flush quite so much this time; his hand stayed where it was. "To be fair, this is a little better than last time you walked in," he joked. "I didn't realize you were back yet. How's Elijah doing?" Will asked. He knew he needed to visit him soon and he hated that hadn't done so already since the first time he woke up. Still, their current concerns took priority, something Eli would understand, he knew, if the positions were reversed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back