• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Mackenzie heard Ashley speak but didn't make a comment, she was far too concerned about Will safety and him being alone in the woods. She needed a way to make sure he would be alright, he would be safe. She wasn't an option, nor was sending Ashely; she would only be that much more concerned having two of her family out there.

She paused as the two conversed. Hypnos. The god had chastised her in the past for not calling him for help, well here was his chance to prove himself. You hear me, Hypnos? Go with Will, make sure he's safe, but don't let him know you're there. If the god showed himself on the trip she had no doubt that Will would lose it.

Ashley smiled, happy to see Will was less tense than earlier. "He's good, but hungry. He has requested more food and so do I, Mac." She could see the pensive face on her partner and could only imagine what the woman was planning.

"How was your meeting with the vampire?" She asked but didn't move from the hall, leaning against the wall.

Safton Safton
St. Boethius St. Boethius

upload_2017-5-25_20-55-15-jpeg.315001

William smiled at the mention of Elijah's appetite. He noted that Mackenzie hadn't spoken. He could see her out of the corner of his eye, seemingly lost in thought. That concerned him, but he turned his attention back to Ashley-May as she spoke.

He cocked his head. "It could have gone worse," he admitted. "He's agreed to help us and is sending a small contingent of his Den that should arrive within the next few days. Brendan's backing us on this, surprisingly, even though it will mean our Hunters bumping shoulders with them. There's also a mystery shipment coming for me at some point according to him." William shrugged noncommittally. "I don't know what his motives are, but he's willing to deal with us for now, which is all we can ask for. Anything else can come later."

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie glanced between Ash and Will, she hadn't missed Eli and Ashley's food order; something she could do that would distract her while Will was away. Further more she knew Will was suspicious of her being quiet but it wasn't like she could do much to stop him from going or sneak along, she could only hope Hypnos would pull through for her.

"Franklin was his typical self." She said, rising from the couch to slip her hand into Wills. "I doubt you have much to worry about the shipment, he's probably just making it seem more important than it really is. " She smirked then. "Odds are he's sending you a bill, services rendered."

GxQZJgl.jpg

Ashley could tell there was something going on with Mac, she was acting oddly but she didn't feel the need to say something in front of Will. She would wait until the man went to bed. "I guess we can't complain, right? We need all the help we can get. The gods can't be trusted to help us, the angel took off. Why not trust vampires to combat wolves, right?"

She wasn't attempting to be flippant but she knew it sounded that way. "What about Eli? He won't be up in time for that night, should we be moving him somewhere safer?"

Safton Safton

Last edited:

"Odds are he's sending you a bill, services rendered."

Will smiled at the remark, interlacing his fingers through Mackenzie's. He trusted her enough to believe that -- after all she knew Franklin better than anyone in the Colony -- especially after his fears regarding the mystery bag were dispelled. Still, he knew that he wouldn't be able to truly relax until he had hands on the shipment in question to confirm its contents... for better or worse.

"I guess we can't complain, right? We need all the help we can get. The gods can't be trusted to help us, the angel took off. Why not trust vampires to combat wolves, right?" Ashley said. Will didn't miss her tone and he didn't blame her for it. They found themselves in an unconventional situation and a few days ago he wouldn't have even considered this kind of plan. Desperate times, desperate measures.

At Ashley-May's question about Eli, Will nodded. "It's a good idea. We just need to find somewhere with the facilities to manage him in the meantime without attracting... the wrong kinds of questions that might come from a hospital visit," he said with a grimace. "That goes for all the Clinic patients who can't move or fight under their own power. I'll bring it up at the next Council meeting." He shook his head ruefully. "Elijah's going to hate it."

Chase Keaton / Joe Keaton
large.jpg
2014JackColeman_Getty146226664170614.jpg
Chase zipped the bag up and stood, reaching one arm around his father in a hug. "I'll be back in no time, just a few days to get the info we need." Chase muttered, giving the other man a quick squeeze before breaking off though Joe kept his hands on his sons shoulders. "I'm sure you will."

"And take it easy on Mackenzie and Will, as much as they are assholes for what they did and how they went about it...this could have been much worse. Being blackmailed for an arguably good cause beats a silver bullet through the heart any-day. And honestly if I was in their position I'd have done the same thing." Joe didn't particularly seem convinced but nodded in agreement for the moment, "This is the smart play. I understand that, doesn't mean I've got to like letting my son go into the lion's den." Chase understood his fathers frustration in all of this, the understanding was important because if Joe had asked him not to go, if he'd only said please...Chase wasn't sure he could have left. But Joe wouldn't because he knew it had to be done. "Except when your son is a lion he's less likely to be eaten." It was a horrible analogy to tease but Chase didn't care, he just gave a quick pat to the older mans side as he started for the exit.

---

Minutes later Chase would arrive outside the house the others stayed in, parking out front and turning his head to look across the other seat and out the passenger window at the buildings front door. The man waited a few moments, letting the time pass before getting their attention. He didn't know Will very well but Chase suspected this little trip to be potentially uncomfortable for the both of them. Eventually he gave up waiting and placed his hand on the horn giving two swift honks before slipping out of the drivers seat and shutting the truck door. Chase made his way around the front of the vehicle to wait by the passenger side door to see if he'd managed to get their attention. If not he'd have to knock.
NanLia NanLia Safton Safton

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie continued to remain silent, she didn't like Ashley-May's dislike for their current choices; if Ash had this opinion she could only imagine how the rest of the colony would react to it. It made her worry, and immediately consider finding an out-of-colony place for the nest to reside. At this point there were not many options, and as much as she trusted the nest to abide by Franklin's strict rules: you don't feed on humans unless they ask, she didn't feel right turning them out on a nearby town.

With the mention of finding a place for those in the clinic to remain safe she shook her head. "The pack will find them, unless we send them far off. Nothing local, hours away if we can-" She would have continued but the car horn out front cut her off. Chest tightened with worry, she glanced at Ash and was happy her long time friend understood the look, the other woman retreated back into the bedroom for the moment leaving the two alone.

She didn't want him to go, but she had no alternatives to suggest. "So much for date night." She gave him a sad smile, but started walking him towards the front door. "You have Ash's cell, right? Message her when you drop him off, when you're on your way back?" At least then she would feel slightly more confident for his safety, not to mention, if he took too long she would know if she needed to go out and find him.

Safton Safton

William frowned as he mulled over some way ensuring the safety of the Clinic's patients with the resources available to them, but the sound of a car horn outside interrupted his train of thought. Ashley-May left without a word as she and Mackenzie shared some unspoken conversation. Will wondered how much of their plan with Chase Mac planned to share with Ash... but now wasn't the time to ask. Considering what they had roped him into, the least he could do was not keep the man waiting. Will grabbed his bag from where he had left it near the couch, walking with Mac to the front door. He gave her a reassuring smile at the threshold. "Yes ma'am," he said, leaning down to plant a kiss on her cheek. "Stay safe," he said, reluctantly turning away to open the door and head outside.

He made his way over to Chase's SUV, nodding to the man. Will placed his bag in the backseat before slipping behind the wheel. "We'll need something to tell the gate guards about me driving you out that won't raise suspicion," he said. "Whether you're heading out on another scouting run, gathering up silver -- whatever it is, it needs to be something you can fall back on."

large.jpg
Chase watched the door open and Will emerge carrying a bag of his own, and when the other man nodded Chase opened the passenger door and slipped into the Toyota once again. "There's no telling how long I will be out there, and if I'll even make it back. So," Chase situated himself in the seat. "We keep it simple. We say I'm going to help a friend out with a hunt somewhere, and your giving me the ride to town so I can hitch a ride on a bus. Or family emergency...or something." Chase wasn't particularly worried about it, would anyone really take that big of a notice to his absence or the particulars behind it. "I could always duck down in the back." He shrugged with the enthusiasm of a sloth, not seeing the necessity behind it. But if it was the answer William wanted then he'd do it just to get it over with.

Reaching into his pocket he pulled out his cell phone, remembering that he needed to switch up the contacts so that it would say Dad rather than Will. The man cast a side glance at the backseat where Will's bag was located and had a guess on what was inside, "You expecting company or have you still not decided whether or not I'm going try something?" He arched a brow with phone still in hand, it wasn't fully a question. Chase had been compliant in the command tent, nervous even, he had no idea how the situation was going play out. Now he was a man with little to lose, so he wasn't holding back the snarky comments.
Safton Safton

William nodded. The explanation would be simple enough; he immediately mentally dismissed the idea of Chase trying to stow away in the back like some fugitive. It was unnecessary and frankly nigh-impossible to explain if one of the gate guards happened to catch sight of him. He shifted the SUV into drive, steering it toward the front gates at a modest pace.

As Chase eyed the backseat, Will didn't need to follow his gaze to know what he was talking about. He chuckled at the man's comment. "Maybe and yes. I'm always expecting company because I've learned what happens when you let your guard down he remarked, reaching down with his free hand to tap his left leg flippantly. "And yes, I have decided whether you're going to try something. You're not, because you've already proven that you're better than that." He glanced over at the man briefly. "Maybe don't prove me wrong?" Will shrugged. "Besides, if I thought you wanted to take me out, I sure as hell wouldn't leave my safety to a closed bag that's out of reach."

Crono Crono

dx0HE3H.jpg
GxQZJgl.jpg

Mackenzie waited in the door way until the car was moving before retreating back into the house. She had decided to keep Chase's mission to herself, there was no need to alert Ashley to the truth of it, if she questioned where he was Mac answer would be simple; he was on a mission for the Council. At least this way she knew the only three in the colony that knew of what he was were limited. She returned to the living room to see Ashley had taken her space on the couch and was already rifling through the contents of the duffel.

"Oh my god, Mac. You have clothes! Like real clothes, not torn up well worn jeans. Look at these!" She was holding out a pair of shoes clearly amazed by something Mackenzie didn't understand. "Seriously, why didn't you bring any of this with you?"

Mac gave her a rather serious look before answering. "Because I didn't buy any of this." She frowned. "Franklin brought it because the thought it would tempt me back north." She could plainly see Ashley wasn't convinced. "He bought me a lot of nice things, like that crap. Never needed anything, never had to want or wait." She shrugged. "Keep it if you want, I don't care. Just not that bag." She nodded to the leather satchel still sitting on the table. "I earned that."

Ashley smirked. "Yea well you're like six sizes smaller than me, Mac. Besides I already tried on the shoes, too small, but if you think you're getting out of wearing this stuff, you're wrong. I'd pay good money to see you dressed to the nines." She mocked, but Mackenzie only rolled her eyes and continued down the hall towards the bathroom.

Hypnos remained silent in response to Mackenzie's plea. He would of course go with William and protect him, but the fact that she didn't want Hypnos to know it was him was going to make things needlessly complicated, especially if something happened during the day time when his power was limited. Nonetheless Hypnos followed William and Chase as they left the Colony to perform their little mission. The first thing Hypnos did to help mask William was use his power over the mind to change his scent to that of the wolf he had been just the night before. Hopefully that would be all that would be necessary, but if need be Hypnos could probably fake a lycanthropic transformation with more illusions and some hypnotism.

As Hypnos followed William he sent a vision to Mackenzie. It was one of his Lord, Hades. She would see Hades walk the earth leading a squad of undead soldiers as he walked through the streets of Vitae. Overhead she would see a Solar Eclipse blocking out the sun and the Colony all but overrun with ghosts and lost souls. However the ghosts didn't seem to be causing any trouble and were in fact mingling with the residents. She would even see her own dead loved ones among the crowd. While there was a tension in the air Hades didn't seem to care about the Colony only his wife. That was until the vision continued and showed the chain Hypnos had given Mackenzie wrapped around Hades robbing him of his power, then the doors of the Colony would be breached and Soldiers from Minotaur came rushing in eliminating anyone in their way and begin extracting the god. In his struggle Hades throws something at Mackenzie's feet: the key to the Abyss. In the vision she would pick up the key and would see the first sin face to face and would feel it's malice towards her and all creation.

In truth most of the Vision was a fabrication. A foretelling of what could happen if Mackenzie didn't abandon her chest the leash the gods and the horrible ramifications such an ambition could have for the world.
NanLia NanLia Safton Safton

large.jpg

The irony behind Will's comment about letting one's guard down had Chase rolling his eyes as the vehicle drove, "I re-learned that lesson today." He admitted, having quite literally let his guard down and stumbled right into the smallest of traps concocted by Will and Mac that led to his current situation. Chase chuckled a little internally at Will asking him not to prove the other man wrong. Despite everything Will was still a hunter sitting in the car next to a Werewolf, and Chase would be crazy not to expect some level of discomfort. "No, you don't have to worry about me. We're fighting for the same cause." That being Vitae, but more than that was their loved ones inside Vitae.

The vehicle started to slow at the gate, Chase spotted Bart heading in their general direction. Chase's nose took his concentration elsewhere and with a brow furrowed at the sudden change of smell inside the vehicle and he turned abruptly to look at Will questioningly, the man smelled like a wolf. It wasn't like last time where he just smelled of the same wolf, but that this time he was the wolf. And, well, that didn't just happen. Not to his knowledge anyway. "Not to alarm you. But you suddenly smell like a Werewolf again." It was rather confusing to be honest, having someone's scent change on a dime. But then Pan had changed a man into a Werewolf for a single night, so should he really be that surprised by such a thing.​

"Not to alarm you. But you suddenly smell like a Werewolf again."

William immediately whirled around in his seat to look at Chase. "What the hell does that mean?" he asked, with a slightly harsher edge in his voice than he intended. His first thought was that despite his precautions, Pan's "gift" had indeed been permanent and he would transform again at any moment, lunar cycle be damned. He didn't feel a transformation coming on, but then again he hadn't had any warning before the last one, either. The pain from that incident was still fresh in his memory.

The gate was in sight and he could see several of the sentries looking in their direction as they rolled toward it. There was no time to stop and figure out the cause behind his apparent change in scent without raising suspicion. As they approached, Bart came up to the driver's side window and Will rolled it down.

upload_2017-5-27_15-58-43.jpeg
"Afternoon, Councilman," Bart said, giving a nod to Chase as he saw him in the passenger seat. "Heading out?"

Will nodded, gesturing to Chase. "Just giving him a ride. Friend of his caught wind of a revenant upstate. I'm driving him to the bus station."

Bart's eyebrows raised. "You're hanging onto his vehicle?"

William nodded again. "His dad may need it. He couldn't come along because he's been feeling a bit out of it lately. Donated blood recently at the Clinic and all."

Bart was silent for a moment before nodding himself, seemingly satisfied. "All right. Take care, you two." He turned to the other gatekeepers, signaling them. The gates swung open and Will gave another wave before steering the SUV through and onto the road.

"Should I be worried?" he asked once they cleared the Colony. "I'm not going to wolf out or something?" Will knew Chase probably knew about as much about what Pan had done as he did, but he had to ask.

GxQZJgl.jpg

Ashley-May continued to rifle through Mackenzie's delivered bag after she had gone into the bathroom and closed the door. Regardless of how her partner might feel about it, it said a lot about where Mac had come from. At least it did to her. She had naturally peeked inside the leather bag Mac had called off limits; within it was what could only be described as the ugliest leather bustier she had ever seen. She could only imagine the kinky things Mac had been in prior to her meeting her, and of course it only made her all the more curious. She removed the leather chest piece only to find another set of leather she didn't understand until she pulled the sleeves over her arms. Still wearing them she found the last piece within the bag and together it made sense. The gloves and sleeves were all etched in metal that Ashley could only assume was silver. She knew why Mac had claimed the bag, this was from her wolf hunting years, and she didn't blame her partner to wanted to keep it all. She swiftly removed and replaced the times back into the bag as she found them, not wanting to start a fight with Mac over her being nosy.

The rest of the bag revealed more and more designer clothing she both loved seeing and was envious she couldn't steal and wear. She knew she would never get Mac into a dress without a decent reason, but one quickly came to mind. She was going to send Will and Mac out on a date. She'd have to find something local; neither of them would be willing to take off, but she knew Eli would love to hear about it all later. She came across the cardboard box housing a cell phone. "Finally." As much as she knew her partner hated having a phone near her (she had witness Mac destroy five over the years of hunting together), but Ash knew how she could make Mac keep it.

She went about setting up the phone, transferring her contacts into Mac's new phone before downloading some apps she knew the hunter would never understand how to use. Specifically a GPS tracking app. Once this was done, Ash texted Will's phone, unaware of where the man had gone.

This is Mac's new phone. When you get a chance download this app and track code name Runaway.
-xo Ash

dx0HE3H.jpg

Mackenzie was doing her best not to worry about Will. This is why I don't get involved. She mused darkly to herself setting up the shower and testing the water temperature. She was thankful she wasn't in the shower when Hypnos sent his vision, while they were becoming less and less invasive, it was still hard to witness the vision world and remain completely balanced and aware in the real world. She had managed to sit on the floor next to the tub as his vision came to pass.

Hades had come to the colony, with him the legions of the underworld; specters and ghost of those fallen before them come to witness his arrival. Those dead returning didn't seem to notice or care of the living, but the living certainly cared about them. Among them were those that she had killed, those that she knew had died, even her mother. A horrific vision seeing the same face that had tortured her so often in her youth; to this day still terrified her beyond most any things.

Hades looked preoccupied, whilst the Colony was in terror the god clearly cared nothing of those he terrorized, searching for something, someone. The Bronze chain could be used to capture a god, but once more Hypnos failed to show exactly
how it could be used. Minotaur arrived, subduing the god and capturing him, no doubt like they had Hypnos's wife. What she found odd was not the god being captured, given this is what her end goal was, but the fact that the god that had clearly been subdued by her own hands was giving her something. She frowned and regarded the key in her hands; a flicker of a vision within the vision seeing the Abyss once more, feeling the hatred, destruction and death. The First Sin standing at the Gates of the Abyss awaiting to be released.
Mackenzie sighed deeply, the vision coming to an end. Once more Hypnos had proven her right, no matter what the gods will always make you pay, even if they say they can be called upon for help. She had no doubt this vision was only a partial truth. These events were not a foretelling but a forewarning for what could come to pass. She was beyond annoyed at the invasion, whilst the information about the First Sin was certainly not new, she had witness the Abyss and Hade's fear the night before, the remained did not need to be said. Hypnos had made himself clear the the front porch of the house only hours earlier and yet here he was again warning her like an idiot child not to touch the fire.

She pushed herself up off the floor and stepped into the shower, decision made: she was going to find more booze.

large.jpg

When Bart arrived Chase couldn't help but notice that Will was giving the answers but just nodded and smiled to Bart. The guard seemed not to question it and they were on their merry way. Then Will who was clearly nervous asked about him transforming and to be honest Chase was a little wary himself.

The man reached down under the passenger seat feeling for the knife strapped to the bottom of it and pulled it free, then sat back and held it rather loosely at first to show Will that he wasn't using it threateningly. Then Chase pressed the blade flat against his own forearm, causing it to burn and sizzle for a quick second before he pulled off with a light hiss leaving behind a red burn mark. Then he reached out to do the same to Will's, and when the skin didn't make any noise and there was no small steaming smoke coming up his eyes looked to Will's face curiously for any sort of pain or discomfort. "Nothing?"

When it was clear there wasn't he pulled the knife back and leaned forwards, reaching back under the seat awkwardly to place it back where he got it. "To be honest I haven't the slightest clue what's going on but since that didn't burn I'd say you should be fine..." Chase knew his nose wasn't wrong but maybe what he smelled was some sort of aftershock of the earlier transformation.

"So Mackenzie said past in the past, doesn't matter what you did. But I gotta ask if you are on that same thought level or not. It sounds aggressive. I mean we could have been serial killers for all you guys know, and to overlook things like that. I don't know, that's not the most comfortable of thought processes."
Safton Safton

William's grip on the steering wheel tightened when he saw the blade come out, but he quickly relaxed upon realizing what Chase intended. He was testing him, just as Will had done earlier. He was relieved to see his body didn't react to the silver. It didn't explain whatever it was Chase was smelling, but it was something.

"So Mackenzie said past in the past, doesn't matter what you did. But I gotta ask if you are on that same thought level or not. It sounds aggressive. I mean we could have been serial killers for all you guys know, and to overlook things like that. I don't know, that's not the most comfortable of thought processes."

Will hesitated, staring at the road ahead for several long moments before answering. "We had only just learned about you being a werewolf. The vampire who visited, he was the one who tipped us off. He didn't name names, but... there was enough to connect the dots. At first we just wanted to feel you out, see what you and Joe's intentions were. We wanted to make sure you weren't Pack infiltrators or worse." He cleared his throat before continuing. "The plan to use you as a spy? That was spur-of-the-moment." He wanted to be as honest as possible with Chase, but he didn't want to throw Mackenzie under the bus either.

"To answer your question, no, if I thought you were a cold-blooded killer in your past life and still had the potential to be, we wouldn't be having this ride right now. But I don't and you're not," he said matter-of-factly.

large.jpg
Chase rested his head against the back of the seat as Will spoke on how they'd discovered his secret. "It's always vampires." His eyes focused on the side of the road as they drove, "You wouldn't believe the smell they give off." There was a pause before he'd continue, "Without letting anything slip, do you trust the vampire not to turn on you?" They couldn't give much info so that Chase's truth would be credible but he was still curious. "I know he has a connection to Mackenzie, you can thank big mouth Ashley for that. Which is why I'm asking you and not her, even if you two are thing I think you can be unbiased."

The Werewolf had been mulling over what he was about to say, venturing a bit into the past he didn't have to share but wanted to despite that. Chase hesitated before getting it over with, "For the record I haven't eaten any human hearts, strict animal heart diet only. But I have killed innocents, arguably. Two hunters on two separate occasions." To be honest he wasn't sure if all this was going to effect Will's view on him or not, but he needed to say it. "It was me or them."
Safton Safton

William's face remained impassive as Chase revealed that he had indeed killed humans in the past. The fact that he was willing to share the information meant Will had no reason to doubt his version of events. Finally after several moments of silence, Will spoke up without taking his eyes from the road. "Just because someone's a Hunter doesn't mean they're an innocent," he said. His tone was quiet, but sincere. "You had a right to defend yourself, same as anyone."

"And 'trust' is a strong word," he said, more loudly now. "Mackenzie expects him to honor the bargain and I trust her judgement... but I won't be willingly turning my back on him anytime soon. We're bringing him on out of necessity; doesn't mean I don't think he has ulterior motives. Hell, he practically said as much."

large.jpg

Tell that to the first hunters two daughters and his son. Chase thought somberly, deciding not to go that in depth with what happened. Moving on from that subject and back to the vampire he huffed, "You ever consider he somehow knew I wasn't a mole. Getting rid of the one person who could sniff him out by trickling information to you two. Which worked though I'm guessing he assumed you two would kill me rather than enlist my help, but I am technically out of the way now." Maybe that was being paranoid but in this line of work it never hurts to be.

"And as much as you aren't going to like me saying it, your girlfriend doesn't have the best track record with judgement from what I know. That solo run after the pack that we had to chase after her, this kill all the gods plan, choosing to become an oracle, and living with a nest for who knows how long." Chase paused but spoke before Will could cut in, "But she also asked questions first when it came to me rather than dealing with it like a hunter would. So it's not the worst track record."

Will had brought his bag for a reason, maybe it was just in case and maybe the other man was just as nervous as Chase. "When we get there I'll take a lap around to make sure there's nothing out there. It's hard to say how far their territory reaches, which is why I suggested driving only halfway there."
Safton Safton

Last edited:

Will's mouth formed a thin line as he suddenly applied the brakes, pulling off to the side of the road and shifting the SUV into park. He turned to glare at Chase, unblinking.

"I know what you're trying to do. It's not going to work. Mac would be the first to admit she's made mistakes. She acknowledges them. I don't like her being an Oracle any more than you do, but it was her choice and it's saved lives... including mine. Removing a few gods from the equation is looking a lot more attractive these days. And as for the nest? It's best you reconsider bringing that up again -- especially with that tone -- when she's around. Mac gave you the courtesy of not making any judgements about who you are and what you've gone through to get here -- you may want to think about giving her the same."

William held the glare for a few moments longer before relenting, turning back to the road and leaning back into his seat. When he spoke again, the edge was gone from his voice. "But that's not why I stopped. We need to talk before this goes any further."

Last edited:
large.jpg

Chase was a little surprise at Will suddenly stopping the vehicle, he'd considered he might hit some strings but not that many. Chase put up one hand in defense as Will let his own feelings known, and he wasn't wrong when he said that Mac hadn't passed judgement on Chase and he should do the same. "Don't get me wrong I'm not saying anything like she can't be trusted. I'm just saying it doesn't always end up going the way she wants." Chase just shook his head as clearly the conversation wouldn't lead anywhere good and decided to drop it.

However now Will wanted to talk, and to be honest he didn't know about what. Whether it was purposeful that the other man waited til they were alone or not was hard to say. "And what is it you waited all the way until we were alone and in the middle of nowhere to talk about?"
Safton Safton

"I thought we'd already established I wasn't planning on killing you?" He paused to glance out the windows at the wilderness along either side the road. "Plenty of places to dump your body though, I'll admit," he remarked, straight-faced. After allowing the moment to drag on, he smirked. "Just kidding."

The smile disappeared as quickly as it had come as he drummed his fingers against the steering wheel, considering how to broach the next subject as he stared out the windshield. "I wanted to apologize. When I figured out... what you were, I assumed the worst. I thought you were some infiltrator sent to compromise the Colony or kidnap Mac. It didn't help that I trusted you before that... just like I had with Hypnos. After New York, it seems I've got some issues where 'trust' is concerned. I probably wouldn't have even given Franklin the time of day if it wasn't for Mac." He shrugged. "But that's my shit and I'm the one who has to deal with it. I wasn't right to just dump this on you."

William sighed. "You were right, back at the tent. The way we-- I'm using you... as a means to an end; it's no better than the way Hypnos and his brother played us in New York. The sandman thought it was for a good cause, too. Didn't make him right." Hendrix finally turned to look at Chase, making eye contact and holding it. "We don't have to go through with this. Say the word and I'll turn around, head back. And no, I won't turn you and Joe in or run you out of Vitae. Your secret is safe. And if it ever does come out in the future... I'll go to bat for you. I may be new to Vitae, but I still have a Council seat."

Will shrugged again, looking back at the road. "Cards on the table. It's your decision where we go from here."

large.jpg

Chase adjusted himself in his seat to a more comfortable spot as Will spoke on dumping his body, "Yeah, this was beginning to feel a little like a mob hit. The bag, driving me out here, the sudden stop." He joked rather flatly, then the other man continued on about what went down. Apologizing and giving his reasons and for a moment Chase was getting mildly frustrated, the fact that Will waited til the last possible moment to offer a way out after it was nearly too late.

Chase eyed him, "Your conscience feeling clear now?" He knew that wasn't Will's complete intent but this wasn't what he wanted to hear right now. A sigh escaped his lips as he backpedaled, "Look, I appreciate what you are saying, I do. Offering me a way out, despite the fact that I already had the chance to take off. But I'm determined to give this a shot, and I'm not doing it for you or Mackenzie. Not because you guys gave me an ultimatum. I'm doing it for Joe and myself, because there's no way in hell I'm letting Wolves take both of my parents from this world. We need this, the info I can get could possibly keep the colony from falling."

Finally Chase turned to look at something else besides the man in the driver seat, his eyes settling on a nearby tree. "Don't apologize for assuming the worst, that's what we do. I might be a Werewolf Will but I've lived the life of a hunter. We do what we do for a reason, so I expect the worst." Chase smiled a little before looking back, "It's nice to know when I come back with the information and I will mind you, that I don't have to worry about what I'm returning to. This plan despite it's flaws is the best we've got, and I'm going to do my damnedest to make it work because I'm the only one that can."
Safton Safton

upload_2017-5-28_20-59-27.jpeg

William nodded, smiling as he shifted the SUV back into drive. "Fair enough. I knew there was some reason Joe kept you around," he said lightly. Steering the vehicle back onto the road for the final stretch before the time would come to drop Chase off, Will said, "Speaking of which, you should know that Mac and I have plans in the works to keep him safe... from the Pack and himself. Discreetly. It's the least we can do."

William felt as if a weight had been lifted from his shoulders after Chase made it clear that he was going along with their plan -- willingly. It would do nothing to allay the guilt if things went South, but in the meantime it made him feel better about the situation. Ironically, despite Chase's deception about who and what he was, his determination to see this through served only to reinforce the trust Will had placed in him. He appreciated the way the man had brushed off his apology, justifying the reasoning behind his preconceived notions. Will might not agree, but the gesture hadn't gone unnoticed.

Will glanced at the GPS. "Not much farther now," he said quietly.

Crono Crono

large.jpg

"I wouldn't tell him that, he's stubborn so he thinks he can handle it himself. Honestly though I don't think we'll need it, assuming I'm not found out I don't see a reason for the the pack to go after him. But if I don't check in you'll know that's the case." As they cruised along and started nearing the GPS location Chase had to admit he was growing a little nervous, it wouldn't be long before he was on his own with a pack of Werewolves. The thought that they might force him to eat a human heart as some sort of initiation or allegiance was something he'd only just realized.

The man reached around and grabbed his own bag from the backseat, "If I don't make it back then you guys had better give these packs hell." He'd mumble, making sure it was zipped all the way up. They were nearing the abandoned campsite he'd plotted into the GPS, a place that he could shift comfortably but wasn't too far off the road in the event they weren't far enough away from the packs territory.
Safton Safton

Users who are viewing this thread

Back