• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Kyle watched the exchange, a bit perturbed at his own question being ignored. When Ashley snapped at Gideon after he asked about going into town like a teenager asking to borrow a car, he snorted softly into the water bottle Will had set down. He definitely didn't envy the wrath brought by whatever the man had done. He'd only been here a few days and already he was wary of crossing the woman.

He should probably introduce himself soon... And get introductions himself while he was at it. He knew their faces, some of them from before his parlour had burnt down, but not names. The closest he had to a name was Fido, and Alex wasn't a good source for names when she came up with her own ridiculous nicknames.

A glance for help from Christopher had him holding his hands up in a jokingly surrendering way. "Hey, I got no plans other than killing time. I guess I could tag along if y'all don't mind. I'd have to bum a ride though. My camper isn't exactly under the radar, ya know?" He pulled out a pen and started fidgeting with it. Almost as an after thought he added, "Oh. I'm Kyle by the way. Nice to meet ya."

NanLia NanLia Safton Safton Namazu Namazu

07f25bc53c1e0ce806852d54b317b528.jpg

Gideon

Gideon straight-up scoffed at Ashley-May’s ‘huge objection’. Partially because she was right and he hated it: he was a grown-ass adult yet he couldn’t handle the concept of being told to stay put for longer than a few minutes. He already wanted to climb out a window. Secondly, because he wasn’t asking her to be the daycare provider.

“No, no, you misunderstand me, I’m not asking you to babysit, I-” He was cut off, probably for his own good, as Christopher chimed in on his behalf, and clarified that he would be the chaperone here. Gideon hated the idea of having a chaperone at all. It was like the worst parts of high school all over again, only this time he didn’t think he could be sneaking out to drink and party all that successfully.

Gideon stepped aside, letting Christopher handle the talking here - a welcome save given how he wasn’t doing very well already. Most hunters were a special sort - a rough bunch almost universally, and his charms didn’t always work out on them. The general public, the ignorant ones? Now that is where he often shined. It was probably no wonder he worked alone.

Relieved that at least Eli was able to see reason, he tucked his hands casually into his pockets and offered the Brit an encouraging smile.

“Yes, exactly - see? I really can’t get far, and I’m not wandering off alone. And, here-” Gideon reached into his pocket and produced a cheap black Bic pen, half spent, the end chewed on and the long plastic piece on the cap broken off. Apparently someone couldn’t stop themselves from fiddling with pens. Taking a nearby napkin, he leaned down to write a series of numbers on the napkin.

A phone number. He wrote it down twice, tore the napkin in half, slid one copy to Eli, and held the other out to Christopher. Ashley-May wasn’t offered one after the way she snapped at him. She’d get it only if Eli offered to share.

“There, now you two even have my cell phone number, should you-” He pointedly stared at Eli “-wish to check in and make sure I’m not off doing... whatever you worry I’ll be doing. And you-” Now it was Christopher’s turn to get a look “- in case of… I don’t actually know. Drunk texting me later.” He grinned.

Hearing the phrase ‘I could tag along’ nearby, Gideon glanced towards the younger man camped out in another booth, and eyeballed him up and down with no shortage of judgment on his face. The kid hardly looked like a hunter, far too….neon-colored… for that kind of thing. Not that he hadn’t met his fair share of oddballs in this line of work.

“Hey Kyle.” He nodded, then quietly leaned in close to Christopher and lowered his voice.

“Please tell me that the kid who can’t read a room doesn’t live in a van down by the river.”

NanLia NanLia Safton Safton Indigo Knight Indigo Knight

3SijZSx.jpg

ASHLEY-MAY

Ashley-May raised an eyebrow at Elijah as he granted his approval for Gideon to go on an excursion with Christopher. She did not need to guess exactly why he was quick to approve, and, truth be told, she was interested to see just how it all played out. Chris had been on her hit list of individuals she was trying to set up at the colony without much success. She idly wondered if the cute but annoying newcomer would be more than a one-night stand…

She glanced at the booth behind her, surprised to hear Kyle speaking up after he’d admonished William for giving him food and water. “Oh, I’m not sure that’s what their trip is about…” She smirked, glancing at Chris and Gideon. “But I’ll check in with Mac, she’s been doing some research for a few hunts nearby. She said there were a couple of places that needed to be checked in on.”

hK2KbsO.jpg

CHRISTOPHER

Christopher watched in horror as Ashley-May and Elijah seemed to conspire silently between themselves, swiftly followed by Kyle offering to tag along. He felt his cheeks heat and didn’t doubt for a second that the blush was evident on his cheeks. He rubbed at the back of his neck, uncertain just how to politely turn down Kyle from joining him and Gideon for the night out but Ashley-May seemed to have it handled.

He smiled at Kyle and nodded briefly before glancing at Gideon. “Meet me out front in an hour? I need to check in on someone before I head out again.”

dd58c50ebe40b922fd3997c39e8ab152.jpg
CNAKtJZ.jpg

BRODY & MORGAN​

Brody chuckled softly as Adelaide’s only request was to get away from the Inn and, presumably, the chaos transpiring inside. He didn’t linger, pulling out of the lot and onto the backwoods highway towards the small town they frequented. He considered where they could go for breakfast - both Addy and Morg had very distinct tastes and at times polar opposites to one another. Addy loved spice; having grown up in the South it seemed natural for her to enjoy heat to her food. Morgan loved sweet - the woman had always been known to crave sugar in the morning in the form of maple syrup-infused pancakes or even doughnuts.

He honestly didn’t have a preference, save for that he missed the homemade French Canadian fair. “You’re going to regret your choice, I think.” He smirked in the rearview as a place finally came to mind.

Kyle rolled his eyes at Gideon's comment regarding his living situation. "Eh. I'd take it over some of the places I've lived. And I ain't a kid." He did have the sense to not retort what he was actually thinking as he shrugged at the room.

He lifted the plastic water bottle, grimacing at the crinkle it made. He'd have to dig out his own from wherever it went to in the room he was staying. Ashley-May's comment however made him pause in taking a drink. "What else would it...?" He glanced at the other faces, pinpointing Christopher's expression and it clicked. He felt like the world's biggest idiot. "Oh. Shit. Sorry. My bad. I didn't... I've only ever really been on like half a date, so... Yeah, I'mma shut up before I dig my grave too deep." He propped his feet on the booth beside him so he could hopefully hide behind his knees, pulled out his phone and just stared blankly at the still dark screen. (He was still listening in to their conversations, sue him. He never did get the information he was promised after all.)

NanLia NanLia Namazu Namazu Crono Crono

GIDEON
“An hour? You got it. I’ll be there.” Deeply relieved he was free from both babysitting and being baby-sat, Gideon flashed a grin at Christopher. He saw the flush in the other man’s cheeks, but wasn’t going to point it out and make it worse, though he did consider it briefly just because the blushing was cute. Tucking his pen away in his pocket, he stepped back over to his booth and leaned in, grabbing his laptop bag out of the corner of his seat and dragged it closer to himself. He pulled a black leather wallet out of his back pocket, pulled out a few bills, and tucked the money half-under a plate. Grabbing one last piece of dreadfully-crispy bacon as he slung his bag over one shoulder, he headed towards the exit.

“Try not to kill each other. I want him in one piece.” He waggled the bacon at the group as he pushed his way out the door.

***​

Once back in his motel room, Gideon’s first stop was in front of the bathroom mirror. It wasn’t that long ago he showered and got ready, so there was no point in doing it again. Hair was still perfect. Clothes still wrinkle-free and appropriate for his plans. Cologne hadn’t faded. He brushed his teeth, thankful to not taste the coffee anymore, and had a quick swish with some mouthwash to top it off.

Ready to go but with plenty of time to spare, Gideon took out his laptop again, flopped into bed, and grabbed the remote. Time to continue his digging where he left off last night, before he got too sleepy to read any more. He flipped to the weather channel, turning the volume down low just for background noise. Gideon barely had time to turn on his laptop when his cell phone buzzed with a notification. Curious, he grabbed it and took a peek.

A text message. The name “Berton Cafe” was displayed, followed by a message composed only of emojis: dollar bill, dollar bill, red drop of liquid, and a thumbs-up. Gideon chuckled to himself and responded with three emojis of his own: a thumbs up, a sandwich, and a mug of beer. He waited a few moments, and when no other messages were received, he deleted the texts. There were no other text messages displayed on his phone.

Turning his attention back to his laptop, he navigated to his bank’s website, logged in, and checked out his balance. It was larger than it was a few days ago, with a recent deposit from “Berton Cafe, LLC”. Prompt payment for a job well done. His second favorite part of it all. Not tax-free of course, not that portion anyway, but his employer had things set up creatively enough that the IRS would never look twice at him and his activities. It all provided a façade of legitimacy that meant he'd never stand out too much from the masses. That was probably his third favorite part of it all - working for someone who knew what they were doing and stayed out of the way.

Neither of those things beat his absolute favorite part of the job though: the kill itself.

***​

Exactly one hour later, at the appointed time, Gideon was lingering out front of the motel in the shade of an awning, hiding from the sun. Sleeves rolled up to his elbows, shiny and expensive watch on his wrist, he leaned against the wall of the building and waited for Christopher.

NanLia NanLia Safton Safton

Elijah 5.jpg
ELIJAH

As Ashley-May spoke with Kyle, Elijah turned toward Gideon as the man made his exit... leaving decidedly few mysteries as to his intentions for Christopher given the instructions to leave him in one piece. The Brit smirked devilishly, turning to fix the latter with a raised eyebrow. "Well, well. And here I was going to give you ten lashes or a go in the iron maiden." Davenport sighed dramatically. "Ah, well. It seems you're spoken for... and I'm sure your own day on the town will be far more interesting than my own." Eli made sure to say this last bit loud enough to ensure Ash heard it. "Do try to have some fun for the both of us?"

With that, he stood, gathering up his and Ash's plates to dispose of. Eli turned his attention to her now that she had wrapped up her conversation with Kyle. "Come along, luv," he said. "Your chariot -- along with a day of decidedly non-romantic errands -- awaits."

Addy Look to Side Gif.gif

ADELAIDE

Adelaide felt a mixture of curiosity and apprehension as Brody warned her about the potential consequences of her indecision regarding a place to dine. It was true, for the three of them as a close group of friends -- or more -- their occasionally divergent tastes in cuisine was occasionally a point of strife and took some working around. However, Brody -- for his part -- was ever the gentleman and didn't mind sacrificing... even if it meant forcing himself to stomach spicy gumbo in order to please Addy or a stack of sickeningly-sweet French toast in Morgan's case.

As they pulled into the parking lot of a buffet advertising all-you-can-eat country cooking, Adelaide practically breathed a sigh of relief. She had practically grown up eating at hole-in-the-wall soul food joints in NOLA not so different from this. She unclicked her seat belt, leaning forward to press a kiss to Brody's cheek. "Good choice, mon kè," she murmured at his ear before letting herself out of the car, moving around to the passenger side of the car to open Morgan's door and leaned down. Morgan was still dozing peacefully, leaning back against the headrest. Addy smiled at the sight, almost hesitating to wake her... but Morgan was notoriously cranky when she was hungry and if she knew that Addy and Brody had eaten without her, she would be a holy terror to deal with later. Addy brushed the young woman's hair back behind her ear with a soft touch before murmuring, "Wake up, jolie louve."

hK2KbsO.jpg

CHRISTOPHER

Christopher watched as Gideon excused himself to go and prepare for their outing … date. He waited as Elijah and Ash both exited their booth before following Ash to the front register to collect his bags and receive a room key from her.

“Away from the noise and the kids. Blocked in with Chase and our newest guest so … keep it down, we don’t need any complaints.” She dangled the key from the short chain and hideous wooden figure that he could only assume was a mountaineer - whatever that was -.

He took the key with a playful glare and headed out the door to move his car out in front of the motel room he’d been assigned. He grabbed his duffel bag from the back seat, noting the expensive-looking car parked next to his. He’d never seen it before, knew it wasn’t Chase’s so it could only really belong to Gideon.

He whistled between his teeth, doubtful Gideon would find much interest in him after he discovered his financial status was rather pitiful. He’d lost everything he and his family had owned in Vitae, only what remained in their bank accounts and much of that had gone into rebuilding his family's life in Borseti. Chris pushed it aside for now, this was a first date and there was nothing to say that there would be any more afterward.

*​

An hour later Chris exited his room freshly showered and shaved in a pair of clean jeans and a white cotton t-shirt. He got into his used beater of a car and pulled out of his spot, rolled down the lot toward the main building.

He smirked, spotting Gideon out front hiding from the sun, and as he rolled to a stop he lowered his window. “It’s not much to look at but the AC is working.”

3SijZSx.jpg

ASHLEY-MAY

Ashley-May rolled her eyes and snarled at Elijah’s mockery of their own outing. She brushed Eli off as she got Chris his motel room keys before relenting to follow him out of the restaurant and towards her own car. The pastel pink beetle hadn’t moved from its spot in front of their motel room in nearly a week - she often didn’t leave the Inn’s compound on her own, much less in her own car. Today’s run wasn’t picking up much, so the Truck wasn’t needed.

“If you want,” She paused on the driver's side, looking over the hood of the car to Eli. “You can stick around here and see if Chris and Gideon will let you join them for a threesome, I know Mac and Will will be more than happy for me to join them tonight.”

She didn’t wait for an answer, opening the door and dropping into the seat to start the car.

CNAKtJZ.jpg

BRODY & MORGAN​

Brody smiled, satisfied to hear Addy’s relief at his choice. Truthfully, he hadn’t worried that both she and Morgan would find something to enjoy from this place. He’d frequent it, when he was alone, though recently he’d been cautious of returning to the same restaurant too much. A voracious appetite and repeat offender would be noted by the owners and something suspicious. Something innocuous as this could be a red flag to a hunter and he did not want to be the cause of bringing trouble down on their heads. He let Addy wake Morgan, getting out of the car to stretch after being seated for so long.

Morgan roused with a yawn, frowning as she rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands. “Addy?” She murmured, finally looking around herself. “Where are we?” She unbelted herself and climbed out of the car, spotting the restaurant. “Oooo, breakfast?”

GIDEON

Gideon had glanced around the parking lot, wondering what Christopher drove. He hadn’t seen a vehicle pull up while he was in the diner. If he had to guess, Christopher looked like a truck guy. Or maybe even a motorcycle? But a truck would be more useful. More pragmatic. More-

Gideon’s train of thought immediately screeched to a halt as he saw the eyesore roll up in front of him, with Christopher’s no-less-handsome face in the driver’s seat.

It wasn’t that he was judgmental (he was) or that this changed his perception of Christopher (it did) or that vehicle was an absolutely embarrassing beater (it was). It was that despite the fact he was piloting a piece of junk, he still looked damn good, and wasn’t even trying to hide the vehicle. No making up an excuse to take Gideon’s vehicle, no avoiding driving out for this, no claiming he hitchhiked. Christopher owned a beater, and he just owned it without any visible shame.

The confidence was sexy.

“A working AC means the world out here.” Gideon pulled open the passenger seat door, silently praying it didn’t pop off and fall on his foot, and climbed in. Settling into the seat, he tugged on the seatbelt.

“I swear, how do people live out here? It's some circle of hell, for sure.” A quick click signaled he was buckled up as he looked over at Christopher.

“Well, captain, let us set sail. Where are we off to?”

As the last few people trickled out of the restaurant, Kyle sighed and picked up his laptop. He was only slightly ticked that he had goten nowhere with anything he'd set out to do that day. Both with his searches, and figuring out what the hell the dude had been talking about when he'd first sat down.

He chucked his trash into a can as he stalked out the door. When he stepped into the sun however, a small smile found it's way onto his face as he closed his eyes and looked up, welcoming the warmth it brought. Honestly. Whoever set the AC was either a husky or grew up in the ninth circle of hell. He didn't do well with cold.

An hour later found him standing outside his truck's passenger door with a beat up metal water bottle in one hand and a grocery bag full of monster cans and various food wrappers, a spray bottle with vinegar water, several other water bottles both metal and glass (surprisingly intact despite the treatment he'd given them,) and a damp rag sitting next to his feet. He was stress cleaning. He'd already scrubbed the room he was staying in from top to bottom last night, and now he was taking his frustrations out on the accumulated grime in his truck.

hK2KbsO.jpg

CHRISTOPHER

Christopher chuckled softly as Gideon agreed that the AC was imperative to survival in the desert. He waited for the well-dressed man to settle into his seat before he released the brakes and clutch and started down the long drive towards the highway that connected them to the Inn. “I’ll have to remind you that today’s my first day in this fiery pit, much like yourself.” He glanced over to his passenger with a smirk. “But point taken, I think most of them handle the heat well, from what I remember: Addy is from Louisiana, Ash is from Kansas. Not quite as hot as balls there as it is here. Will I think is from Georgia? How the fuck Mac is surviving is a mystery. She’s from Northern Canada.” He laughed again, glancing in his rear and side mirrors as he pulled out onto the highway proper.

“We had a couple of options.” He admitted, but once more looked over the fine suit Gideon had adorned for the night. “But I think we’re limited to something a little further out.” He grinned. “I think I’ve got a shirt in the back that hopefully won’t be too wrinkled.”

In less than an hour Chris pulled his ragged beater up along the sidewalk parking to a small brownstone building. The town wasn’t large, certainly not a metropolis, but far larger than the small town closest to the Inn and where he originally thought they would grab a drink. From what he’d seen, the bar had been a hole in the wall, a well-rated one, but one where locals and truck drivers frequented and he wasn’t certain the place where Gideon would feel comfortable as well dressed as he was. The second option had been better, a gay bar that was in a safer part of the small town (not that he was concerned for either of their safety), but again, the suit needed more respect, even if his beater couldn’t give it.

Chris climbed out of the driver's seat and immediately pulled open the door behind him, rifling through his duffle bag to extract a long-sleeved button-down shirt. As expected, it was wrinkled but he swiftly flattened it out on the roof of his car, using the heat of the metal to remove the worst of the creases.

He tossed and pulled it on over his white t-shirt, swiftly buttoning the shirt closed and tucking the ends into the top of his jeans. “Better?” He asked as he joined Gideon on the sidewalk. “Presentable at least?”

Chris motioned to the blacked-out glass door at the front of the building, no large sign adorned the bricks but on the door was a decal that read The Velvet Room. The bar was dimly lit, and music played softly, more for ambiance than entertainment. A long metal bar ran along the longest wall of the room and a series of glass bar-height tables scattered around the centre, leaving a series of high-backed leather booths to take up the rest of the space.

“Two, please.” He answered the hostess when she asked then swiftly added. “A booth, if you don’t mind.”

Eli Looking Up.jpg

ELIJAH

Elijah's eyebrows shot up as Ashley-May addressed him from the other side of the car. He resisted the urge to grin at her offer. He didn't doubt for a second that she would follow up on the unique threat, or that William & Mackenzie would likely welcome her into their bed. But he didn't plan on making it necessary for her as he opened up the passenger side door and slid inside, resting in the seat. For all his complaining, he lived for stealing these moments away with his girlfriend -- their little "escapes", even if they involved chores and busy work.

Not that he planned to let her know it, of course.

"As fun as it sounds chasing after Christopher and his new gentleman caller for a boys' night out, somehow I doubt either of them would be interested in a third," Eli gave a long-suffering and theatrical sigh. "Besides, I have no doubt that in your little hypothetical sequence of events I'd be the one stuck watching the children."

Addy Look to Side Gif.gif

ADELAIDE

Adelaide couldn't help but grin at the speed with which Morgan climbed out of the car upon realizing where they were and -- more importantly, no doubt -- what they were there for. Already, Addy knew Morgan and Brody's lupine noses could smell the delicious aroma of food within the establishment. She slid in between the two of them with ease, taking Morgan's hand in her left while wrapping her right arm around Brody's tree trunk of a waist.

Addy knew that the three of them would get "looks" walking into places together like this. Sideways glances that had nothing to do with their being two werewolves and a witch... but she didn't much care and based on her talks with Brody & Morgan, neither did they. They strode proudly toward the front door of the buffet. Adelaide's stomach began growling, her mouth salivating. She had an appetite, sure -- but she knew full well that this was a subconscious vicarious reaction on her part. Her gift of telepathy and empathy grew stronger with physical touch and now, being in contact with her companions like this, she was fully in tune with their own voracious appetite (especially Morgan's) and got a glimpse of their enhanced sense of smell to go with it.

They entered the establishment, checking in with the staff member at the front who -- to her credit -- only gave them a brief glance before seating them and fetching their drinks. "All right, just remember that we'll have to try and leave some for the normies," Addy chided the wolves playfully as she got up to make her way toward the buffet for her first pass.

3SijZSx.jpg

ASHLEY-MAY

Ashley-May smirked, rolling her eyes as she turned on the ignition and backed out of her spot. “I don’t know … “ She murmured, shifting the car into drive and heading for the long drive that connected the Inn to the highway. “Gideon seemed the type to be into it.” She teased, glancing at Elijha pointedly. “And I’ve heard stories about Chris’s … wilder days.”

She certainly wasn’t about to give him more than that. There were things that she learned from the people of Vitae during her matchmaker days. Chris had always eluded her when it came to finding him a partner, male or female.

“A fate worse than death!” She went on dramatically. “Watching the children!” She reached over to smack his knee playfully but then slid her hand into his, interlacing their fingers. “They’re actually pretty awesome kids, all things considered. There are some absolute terrors that come into the pediatric ward. Some I’m convinced aren’t human in the least.”

CNAKtJZ.jpg

BRODY & MORGAN​

Brody chuckled softly at Morgan’s swift turn from tired to hungry. She was the embodiment of a hungry wolf in human form. More than once he’d had to remind her that humans didn’t consume as much as she could even on their best days. Her lack of exposure to the ‘outside world’ often led to awkward interactions with the public.

He smiled, feeling Addy slip under his arm, laying it across her shoulders so his hand could rest on Morgan’s. He’d taken stock of the restaurants and buffets within a reasonable distance of the Inn and, like a mindful hunter, made sure they didn’t frequent them too often. Most hunters would be avoiding police notice given their employment. For himself, and his loved ones, it was concerns of other hunters and their faces becoming too well known for their oddities.

He laughed at Adelaide's cautionary warning regarding leaving food behind. “We’re here at a good time.” He offered, “They’re going to switch over to lunch in an hour, that food will go to waste otherwise.” This seemed to delight Morgan who stood to head to the buffet with Addy. Brody remained at the table, a system he and Morgan had wired out in situations like this: it would draw far less attention if only one person came to the table at a time with a mountain of food piled on their plate.

Morgan made quick work of moving through the buffet, entirely ignoring the carbs and filling her plate with proteins. This place didn’t seem to keep only breakfast-specific items for breakfast only, which was a great find. Ham, steaks, marinated chicken and more were waiting along the restaurant's long buffet tables. Very few staff members stood behind the counters, which made her feel a little better about taking more food than a normal person might.

She winked at Adelaide as the witch still picked through the buffet, finding her preferences and taking moderate selections. Morgan stopped by Addy briefly to deliver a quick kiss to her cheek, with the promise to send Brody over to join her.

She didn’t fail her promise as moments later Brody was wandering along the buffet, taking far more cautious amounts of food until he caught up along the way to where Adelaide was, peering onto her plate to see what she’d selected.

GIDEON
Filing away the information of where others originated from, Gideon made easy chit-chat in the hour or less drive to their intended destination - revealing very little of actual use that might come back to bite him in the ass in the event that Christopher reported back everything to Mac after their date. He didn’t trust Christopher yet, and it was quite possible this was an elaborate ruse and fact-finding mission. Still, he hoped it wasn’t. A fun day out was sorely needed.

Once they reached their destination, Gideon climbed out and stretched his arms over his head, turning to watch Christopher 'iron' his shirt out the roof of his car. It was ingenious, actually, taking advantage of the desert heat on the roof. A sly grin crossed his face as he watched Christopher button up the shirt over his t-shirt.

“Quite handsome and definitely presentable.” Gideon shot Christopher a wink as he leaned against the car. He was doing a quick Google search of ‘The Velvet Room’ - checking reviews and the like. Satisfied with what he found, he muted his phone and slipped it back into his pocket as he followed Christopher inside.

Sliding into their booth, Gideon glanced around the place and gave it an approving nod. The waitress slid them both drink menus. After a brief glance, Gideon ordered a Manhattan for himself and a charcuterie board for them to share.

“I have to admit, this place is nicer than I expected. I would have been perfectly content with a hole-in-the-wall joint.” Gideon commented once Christopher had ordered and the waitress had disappeared. Was he lying? Maybe, maybe not. He’d never tell. He made himself comfortable on his side of the booth before casually leaning forward, resting his arms on the table and clasping his hands together.

“So, now that we aren’t somewhere full of people casting dirty glances at us ….” He offered Christopher a grin. “Are you in the same business as your friends?”

NanLia NanLia

Elijah 5.jpg
ELIJAH

Elijah grinned, squeezing Ashley-May's hand as she took his own while mocking his joking reaction at potentially having been forced to watch the children. He offered her a nod of agreement toward her assessment of their children. All things considered, they had gotten lucky. He, Ash, Mac, and Will were all first-time parents with the prospect of raising children thrust upon them very suddenly and quite unexpectedly. They had a lifestyle that could charitably be described as unstable. The ingredients were all there for Liam and Skye to turn into little hellions and perhaps in time they would. But for now the two toddlers were remarkably well-behaved, all things considered... most of the time, anyways.

Eli put the swelling of pride and affection to the side as his girlfriend commented on the children she had worked with and their own potential status as little monsters. "Who's to say?" he asked. "It certainly wouldn't surprise me if more than a few of them were demons or worse," he remarked, only half-joking. As a general rule, no small number of so-called "monsters" walked amongst the general population on a daily basis. Many of them lived normal lives, with those around them being none the wiser. Of course... it was entirely possible that the kids in question were simply the product of being spoiled rotten.

"One day I'm going to get you to spill what you know about Chris and his wild youth..." Eli teased, knowing full well he wouldn't be prying any secrets from her right now. That would require coaxing (of some kind or another). He glanced over at her. "Don't look so smug, luv. You're just pleased with yourself for finally getting the opportunity to properly play matchmaker."

Adelaide Looking Gif.gif

ADELAIDE

Adelaide smiled to herself, watching out of the corner of her eye as Morgan piled her plate high with food -- most of which were savory meats of one kind or another. She leaned into the wolf's peck on the cheek before returning to the task of selecting her own impromptu brunch. It wasn't long before Brody arrived in Morgan's stead, just as Addy was finishing up. Following up on Brody's prompting and Morgan's own enthusiasm, Addy had allowed herself to splurge and load up her plate with more than she might normally take. And besides, it was a buffet? Who didn't come to a buffet to gorge themselves?

She noticed the Pack Guardian looking over her selections and tilted the plate over slightly for his perusal: chicken, hash browns, French toast, candied bacon, sausage casserole, and just enough fruit scrunched over to one corner of her plate so that she could convince herself she was being healthy. Done submitting her food to inspection, Adelaide gave Brody a hip bump before moving off toward the table. "Don't keep us waiting, mon kè. Or Morgs will already be on her second plate by the time you get back," she teased over her shoulder.

hK2KbsO.jpg

CHRISTOPHER

Christopher ordered a bourbon - neat and didn’t add anything to the shared plate Gideon had requested. Truth be told, he wasn’t entirely sure What had been ordered but he wasn't about to admit it to his date. He chuckled softly hearing Gideon’s surprise at the location but he only shrugged.

“Honestly, that was where we had been headed, I think.” he drummed his fingers on the tabletop before leaning back comfortably in the booth seat. “I checked out a few places, and selected three. But after seeing the suit,” he lifted a chin towards Gideon’s attire and shrugged. “I felt a hole in the wall would be fine, but then we’d stand out. And I know southern dive bars don’t often take kindly to two men having a drink together.”

He gave a slight shake of his head when asked about his occupation. “Well, I hadn’t been, for years. Retired, I like to think. I had a lead-guard job back at Vitae and I’d put the hunt aside. At least until a fire-breathing dickbag decided to burn it to the ground.”

Christopher paused, giving the waitress a sheepish smile as she raised an eyebrow at him. She continued to look between the pair suspiciously as she set down their drinks and a board of meat and cheese.

“Dungeons and Dragons.” Christopher offered and the waitress raised both her eyebrows in surprise and giggled. “I didn’t take you two the type.” She smiled sweetly back to Gideon. “Need anything else?”

“We’re good, for now. Thank you.” And waited for her to leave before looking at Gideon with an apologetic smile. “It’s been a while.” He sighed. “What about you? In my experience full-time roadies don’t have fine suits and cars that cost the same as houses.”

3SijZSx.jpg

ASHLEY-MAY

Ashley-May smirked to herself as Elijah admitted he wanted to know more about Christopher’s youth. She knew plenty of details, some she knew from what Mac had told her - how they’d met as a youth and some had been from Chris himself. It had been his father, Brendan, that had spilt everything.

She raised an eyebrow at Elijah as he suggested she was pleased and he wasn’t wrong. “What else am I going to do?” She asked honestly. “I’ve already matched everyone else except for Nick and Max and somehow I don’t think that Nick would take kindly to me suggesting that Max was his type.”

Ash rolled her eyes. “And there’s only so many people at the hospital that I can play match-maker with. Half of them are already sleeping with each other as it is.” Elijah heard enough of her workplace gossip. “I need something to do.”

“So, where to first? Mac’s supplies? Addy’s wish list? Or kid's stuff?”

CNAKtJZ.jpg

BRODY & MORGAN​

Brody huffed at Adelaide as she suggested Morgan would be on her second plate soon. He was surprised she wasn’t already. Morgan rarely heeded caution when out in public, despite spending the last couple of years with them in Vitae. He collected a few more items before turning back to the table, giving the hostess a polite nod.

He took his seat and set his plate down, raising an eyebrow at Morgan as she was nearly done with her plate. “Easy Morg.” He teased. “Remember to chew.”

Morgan wrinkled her nose and sneered at Brody then purposely stabbed a fork into the small pile of meats, stealing them to her plate with a snicker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back