• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

hK2KbsO.jpg

CHRISTOPHER

Christopher went through the motions of the test without concern about 'passing' them. He was a little surprised that Will took over from Elijah but swiftly recalled that Will had been imbued with Grace and didn't doubt for a second he could smite his ass if he so much as blinked wrong. He relaxed some as the tests concluded, and William welcomed him. He smiled slowly, glancing across the table to the man he did not know, or maybe he should have…

"It's been, alot." he offered, pausing as Mackenzie returned and settled a plate of hot food in front of him. He couldn't help but lean in and inhale. "I haven't had anything decent like this since the lunch ladies…. Thanks, Mac… "

Chris swiftly took a few bites of the meal before settling back, knowing well enough that they wouldn't wait long for answers. "Honestly guys, I don't remember much of that day." He linked his fingers, settling his hands on the table ahead of him. "I know what happened, I was debriefed in Borseti before I came here. But my own memories … " He shrugged, impotently.

"I woke up in a hospital, a few hours away from Vitae. No idea how I got there, but I'd been in a coma for weeks. I was in the trauma ward getting therapy on the burns on my back, I'd been dropped off anonymously - people said they'd found me on the side of the road. When I woke I couldn't remember where I was from or who I was."

"After I was healed enough to leave the hospital I was sent to a halfway house to live and continue working with a therapist for my memory and continue burn therapy. I was there for months, starting a new life really. I got a job." He chuckled softly. "I was working at a hardware store, doing pretty good. One morning I was reading the paper before work and I skimmed over an article about strange deaths and knew it was a vampire nest."

Chris shook his head, recalling the moment vividly. "It was just … I knew. I remembered everything. Like I'd never forgotten it. Vitae, the people, Hypolyes." He inhaled deeply, leaning back against the booth. "I tried a few contacts and finally got through to my father. Honestly thought he died on the phone when he heard me." He glanced up at Eli, Will and Chase as they hovered at the edge of the table. "They came and got me, did the same tests you did and more, Borseti drew my blood and did a DNA test. They weren't taking any chances."

"I couldn't stay. Not again. The First Sin and Hypolyes are both still out there and it's only a matter of time until they find Borseti too." He looked back to the men he'd lived at Vitae with. "So I'm here to help, in whatever way I can. I don't see any gates or walls, but I was a hunter before all that."

3SijZSx.jpg

ASHLEY-MAY

Ashley-May glanced up over the top of the laptop as the door to Will and Mac’s room swung open and admitted the tiny hunter. She said nothing as Mac dropped the takeaway cartons on the table and headed directly into the bedroom area of the motel, stepping out of her boots and climbing (barely) over the rails of the crib the kids were asleep in. Ash shook her head and closed the laptop lid, watching as Mac wiggled and settled into the blankets, the kids contently welcoming another person to their cuddle party. “I can’t tell if it’s a false alarm or not. Did Chase not tell you this guy is clean?”

Ash reached across the table to take a container, flipping it open to find it stuffed with only bacon - obviously, this was Mac. The second container had the fixings of a decent meal and then some and she smiled knowing that Mac had put thought into bringing her and the kids food.

“Chris is back.”

Ashley-May gasped and nearly choked on a sliced strawberry at the sudden (and rather sullen) announcement from the crib. She coughed and cleared her throat. “Chris? Like Chris Jack?” Certainly not, right? She’d seen his body, among many other fallen guards.

“He wasn’t killed, I guess.”

Ash now understood just why Mac was in here, with the kids. She stood, closing the lid of the container. “I’ll be back.”

Ashley-May jogged - nearly sprinted - across the parking lot towards the office and restaurant. She needed to see for herself if their fallen friend had returned. Given Mac’s non-emergent return to the room meant that this wasn’t some sort of doppelganger, Ash was ecstatic to have a friend back. She’d made many, but living at Vitae and not joining the survivors of Vitae in Borseti had been a pain point for her over the last year.

She rounded the corner and through the doors into the restaurant before emitting a high-pitched squee as she dashed forward in delight.

Clearly, Chris was just as happy to see her because as she arrived at where he was seated he stood, opening his arms so she could crash into him and hug him.

07f25bc53c1e0ce806852d54b317b528.jpg

GIDEON

The wrinkled-furrowed-look on Mac’s face made Gideon smirk. Despite his annoyance with the idea of being stuck in this dusty hole, at least his continued stay would also annoy her, as it seems.

Good.

“I’m plenty fine with you being blunt and plainspoken, ma’am. We’re all adults here. Regardless of what it is that we are waiting to be over with.” He would not deny being a problem, though. He could be, if the mood struck. Time would tell. Besides, it was just a car. If their clumsy excuse for a mechanic dinged anything, he’d just have it fixed. Or buy new. As long as it still ran when it was time to get out and return to civilization, that’s what mattered.

If not? Well, it wouldn’t be the first time he hotwired something.

It was curious in an entertaining way to watch someone else get tested as well. Gideon sat in rare silence, letting their new arrival be tested too. Not the most friendly welcoming, though understandable - but in this case, also very, very curious. They acted at once like they recognized him, knew him, welcomed him back, but yet didn’t trust him? Disbelief was written all over more than one face in the diner, and the tension was only getting thicker. He could just about wrap his tongue around it.

“Of course I’m squeaky-clean.” Gideon scoffed, chasing some unappetizing eggs around with his fork. “What exactly do you take me for? A Clyde without his Bonnie?” He didn’t exactly expect an answer, not in front of their newly-entered compatriot - or whatever the hell this Chris guy was. So, Gideon shut his mouth again and let Chris talk.

Silence didn’t mean he wasn’t listening, though, or wasn’t curious. He studied Chris as the man spoke about That Day, eyes intensely fixed on him. Ominous and dreadful, by the sound of it.

Interesting. Shared trauma. His favorite.

Names and questions and hints of information were mentally filed away for later. Vitae. Borseti. Hypolyes. All things to ask about later when the time was right. He wrinkled his nose a little at the idea of working at a hardware store, like some common schmuck, and not hunting… and apparently he too had been - was? - a hunter.

Gideon grimaced at the high pitched squee that erupted out of nowhere, further making his breakfast unpleasant, as a blonde girl threw herself at the newest handsome newcomer. A long-lost love, maybe? Disappointing, but he didn’t let it show. The thought of something these people counted as an enemy - or as a mark - still being out there was too good to let pass by though.

“Sounds like an unfinished hunt to me,” Gideon mused at the mention of the First Sin and Hypolyes.

“Perhaps that’s something you all would like a hand with?” He asked lightly, popping a small bit of sausage into his mouth, slowly pulling the fork from between his lips as he looked to those gathered and chewed politely.

NanLia NanLia Safton Safton Alator Alator

Kyle emerged from his room, a can of purple monster, his last can, half empty in his hand, a laptop under his arm, and cracked to hell phone in his other hand. He texted rapidly, switching from one conversation to another as his expression turned more frustrated by the second. Finally he shoved it in his back pocket as he pushed open the door for the restaurant. He had no idea how long he had holed up in the room after basically everyone else left on their hunt, but his stomach grumbled and he'd depleted his caffeine stash.

He sat down, drained the other half of the can, and opened his laptop only to immediately and rapidly refresh his browser tabs. If anyone were to look over his shoulder, they'd be able to tell he was looking into something, although they probably wouldn't be able to make out exactly what. The mashup of obituary sites, mythology papers, and various religious sites slowly loaded as he abused the computing power of his poor machine.

Kyle turned sharply at a high pitched screech, hand twitching towards his hoodie pocket where his butterfly knife sat. It never made it into his pocket however as he forced himself to relax. He instead went to take another drink, and scowled at the can as if it had personally offended him when he remembered it was empty. He sighed and went to stand to grab some coffee, though he probably shouldn't have any more caffeine, when he noticed a new face sitting in the next booth. He really needed sleep if he missed the conversation happening a few feet from where he decided to sit.

An unfinished hunt? He normally hated eavesdropping, but with his curiosity piqued, and little to do as his overloaded laptop crept closer to spontaneous combustion, he pulled his phone out and played a mindless game as his ears strained to hear everything. He'd apologize later if he got caught.

(App won't let me tag no one...)

Last edited:

Elijah.jpg

ELIJAH

Elijah watched as Will ran the tests, seemingly satisfied with the results. The Brit let out a sigh of relief, exhaling a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. Finally a spot of good news... most likely, anyway. The question of figuring out just what had happened to Chris and how he was here was still up in the air. Luckily, the man seemed well aware of their wary curiosity and the reasons behind it and seemed willing to oblige as he spoke up. Were it coming from anyone else, Eli would strongly doubt the "amnesiac" explanation... but this was Chris and he spoke evenly as if he were discussing last week's weather. Chris had always had a horrible poker face, so any deception on his part would have been easy to discern if this was the genuine article.

Eli was opening his mouth to speak when the door leading out to the parking lot burst open to admit Ashley-May. His girlfriend moved with a speed most werewolves would have been envious of, all but tackling Chris in an enthusiastic hug. Elijah watched the spectacle with a smile, letting it go on for a few moments yet before finally uncrossing his arms and stepping forward again. "All right, luv," he said, laying a gentle hand on the small of Ash's back. "He only just arrived. Let's not go scaring him off so soon, shall we?" Davenport remarked lightheartedly. "I'm sure he wants to finish his food and settle in. There will be time to harass him later, no doubt."

Eli turned toward their stranger -- Gideon, apparently, based on the information he had received via text minutes earlier -- as he spoke up, seemingly offering his services in helping them with their unfinished business. "Careful what you wish for, mate," Davenport said -- his tone more sincere than joking. Somehow he doubted this man had had the misfortune of laying eyes on one of the few dragons left in the world, let alone their Alpha.

William Main.jpg

WILLIAM

William turned with mild surprise toward his wife as she spoke to him softly, informing him that she was stepping out to see to the kids' breakfast. He gave her a small smile and nodded. Will could sense the unease roiling within her and even without his Grace he could see that this morning had caught Mac... off-guard, to say the least. He didn't push the subject, watching as she slid quietly out of the restaurant before turning his attention back to Chris as the young man told his story just in time for Ash to appear and nearly give him another concussion. Luckily Eli was there to drag her away... perhaps literally before all was said and done.

Will didn't miss the exchange between Eli and Gideon... the latter of which was apparently entirely clean according to Chase. Time would tell whether he should find that reassuring or cause for concern. Even reputable hunters often had some kind of brush with the law to show for their trouble over the years, with Mac being point in case. Will and Eli had been careful and lucky... so far. Before Will could interject one way or another, Kyle stepped into the room apparently having caught the tail end of the conversation.

Will turned, eyeing the young man... and then the energy drink in his hand. He let out a vaguely disapproving sigh before cocking his head toward the table nearby. "Why don't you grab a seat. I'll grab you some breakfast from the back and you can get filled in." He paused. "Real breakfast, that is," he remarked, narrowing his eyes at the can, though his tone was light. Hendrix disappeared into the kitchen, spotting where Mac had portioned food into takeout containers. He grabbed one along with a bottled water from the fridge before heading back into the dining area, setting them down in front of Kyle.

8194c49a4df0a77f7086ecb274cad3c6.jpg

CHASE

Chase frowned a little at the mention of Borseti, internally wondering why nobody at the colony had given him a heads up about Chris's appearance. Beyond wanting to confirm that tidbit later however, he didn't linger on the thought. More-so his mind went to Chris's mentioning of Borseti's time being limited. While Chase didn't disagree with the overall thought, and he got where the man was coming from, since he himself had that thought for a while in the first weeks of being at the colony. Chase didn't like hearing it, though any words he imagined saying died off when the squeal ripped through the air and a flash of blonde hair zoomed by. The Werewolf was no fool, quickly stepping out of the way to let Ash collide with Chris.

For a moment he'd forgotten about Gideon before the man chimed back in on the conversation about it being an unfinished hunt. Few times had Chase felt the urge to backhand someone, and withhold said backhand, but this was one of them. Chase turned and narrowed his eyes at the man, "It's more than just an unfinished hunt to some of us. And if you want to keep eating your breakfast in solid form instead of through a straw, you'll keep that in mind." He stated before starting to walk towards the back, clapping Chris on the shoulder as he passed. "Glad you're still kicking." Chase said before leaving the front of the restaurant.

Once in the back kitchen area he quickly spotted the food containers separated for the hungry wolves and picked one up, giving it a quick sniff before grabbing one of the forks and leaning forward over one of the kitchen tables and digging into his breakfast.

hK2KbsO.jpg

CHRISTOPHER

Chris chuckled softly as Elijah came to his rescue, not that he needed one truthfully, and detached the blond from him with soft tones, like soothing a rabid bear. He’d long since expected this sort of display from Ash after she started the dating game back in Vitae. She had a hit list, of bachelor hunters that needed to be paired up and after being worn down like the ocean erodes the shore, he’d finally relented his preferences … his first mistake.

After that, he’d spent plenty of hours tactfully avoiding her just so he couldn’t be set up on a not-so-blind date from Miss Ashley-May’s Match-Making Servies. He’d grown up in Vitae. He knew every person who passed through those gates. And it was true hell when you arrived at a restaurant a town over for your planned date and walked in to see your best friend seated at the table waiting for you.

She was relentless, not only wanting every single detail from the date immediately after arriving home but also would follow up days later so she could collect thoroughly detailed after-thoughts.

It had become a game between himself, Max and Thomas … before Thomas had become a killer - the trio would list the number of times Ash had caught them out during the week and whoever had been caught the most lost. The loser ended up having to find Ash so she could set them up on a date just so the other two could live in peace for another week.

He dropped back into his seat across the stranger as he suggested that he might help on this particular hunt only to be lambasted by Chase. It was an unexpected tone from someone he’d only ever known to be level-headed and calm even in the wildest of situations.

Chris waited a moment, nodding to Chase in thanks as he continued on with his meal and waited until it was him and the stranger were alone once more. “I don’t know what you did to earn this amount of clout but I gotta thank you. I thought I was coming in here to get put up on the rack, again but it seems you’ve taken the heat off of me. I owe you a drink.”

3SijZSx.jpg

ASHLEY-MAY

Ashley-May scowled at Elijah as he suggested that she leave him alone like she was crazed. She did relent, releasing him so she could get his own meal and she could find her own. On mornings when Mac went out, she’d prep food in advance and leave it in back in take-out containers for them to wander in and find as they wanted.

She hadn’t a clue how the woman was so organized in knowing exactly how everyone liked their meals made and yet couldn’t remember to consume food herself. “I’m going to grab my breakfast, do you want yours?” She asked Eli, “I thought we could stick around here and let Will go help Mac.”

GIDEON

His olive branch offering extended and thoroughly shot down (or run through the wood chipper, more like), Gideon scowled at Chase’s response while firmly shoving a fork into a piece of bacon in return. Fine. That’s how it was going to be then.

“Noted,” he commented to Eli, and left it at that. At least the Brit had the decency not to snap at him like a poorly trained dog.

Most, though not all, of his annoyances were pushed to the back of his mind when the unfairly handsome man reclaimed the seat across from him. Gideon could not help but chuckle at his endearingly innocent question… and his offer.

“Oh, my pleasure - if this is the rack around here, it's rather comfortable.” He motioned with his free hand to his plate of food - picked at and partially eaten.

What I did to earn their ire is a good question and debatable. My take? I was hunting the same thing your friends here were hunting, and beat them to it. We had a tense little encounter in the middle of the night but parted ways peacefully, as the job was done. It was my poor luck then when, looking for a place to rest my head, this is the place I stumble into and rent out a room for the night. Imagine my surprise when I wandered in here in the morning for something to eat and ran into those same hunters. Not staying here and looking for a bite like me, but running the damn place.” Gideon put his fork down to go for his coffee instead.

“Ask your British friend just how easily I passed his box of tests, the same ones you passed. He seems the most amicable of the bunch. His red-haired lady friend, not so much. Even my offer to help with a hunt got shot down.” He tsked and shook his head a little before sipping on his coffee.

“I’ll take you up on that offer for a drink.” He grinned at Chris as he sat the cup back down. “It seems I am going to be staying here awhile, so I might as well make the best of my time.” He idly tapped his fingers against the side of the coffee cup, enjoying its heat even if the taste left something to be desired.

“Are there actually places to drink around here, or does that offer mean bring your own beer to a particular large cactus nearby?”

NanLia NanLia Safton Safton Crono Crono Alator Alator

Kyle gave a soft sigh that was borderline a groan of annoyance as he was directed to a different table. He snapped his laptop shut, ignored the table indicated, and simply shifted closer to the group he was eavesdropping on, staying on the bench he'd claimed earlier. "I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty plastic spork. It's too early to people." He grumbled under his breath halfheartedly, although he did put his phone away, giving the room's occupants his full attention.

He was regretting leaving his room in all seriousness. Even though he wasn't threatened in any way shape or form, he still felt uneasy. He kept his mouth shut though, and when Will brought him some food, he merely nodded in thanks, idly wondering if he didn't speak up, how long it would take the others to notice he was actively paying attention to them now.

Kyle took a bite of his food and waited. But not before shooting a pointed "Happy now?" look at Will.

Safton Safton Crono Crono Namazu Namazu

William 2.jpg

WILLIAM

William watched as Kyle -- despite some annoyed grumblings -- took the offered food and sat down to key into the conversation before glancing at him rather expectantly. Will, standing across from him with his arms crossed, nodded with a smile akin to that which he gave Skye whenever she did what he and Mac wanted. "Enjoy," he said without the slightest hint of sarcasm.

Glancing around at the room and noting that everyone seemed to be "settling in" -- in some form or another -- he gave another self-satisfied nod before heading for the door and making his way back to the room to help Mac and the kids.

Elijah.jpg

ELIJAH

Elijah's eyes widened as Chase lashed out at Gideon. He was not used to such outward displays of hostility from the werewolf, who was typically rather laid-back even in fairly tense situations. However, it didn't take more than a second for Eli to connect the proverbial dots behind why a stranger mistakenly dismissing what had happened to their home as a simple "hunt" might rile Chase up in such a way... especially considering how Emile had fared in the attack.

Luckily, however, the disagreement didn't devolve into fisticuffs. Instead, against all odds, it seemed that Chris of all people took an interest in their stranger. Eli gave the two a sideways glance -- his girlfriend's penchant for gossip and drama having rubbed off on him -- before Ash herself approached and asked whether he wanted to join her for breakfast. He gave her a broad smile. "Of course, luv," he said. "That sounds great. You have a seat, I'll grab it." He guided Ash gently toward the nearest table by the shoulder before heading toward the kitchen, grabbing their meals and returning to sit down across from her.

As subtly as he could, the Brit cocked his head toward Gideon and Chris before shooting Ashley-May a questioning glance -- wondering if she was picking up on what was happening and was intrigued as he was... though he had no doubt the answer to both questions was an emphatic "yes".

hK2KbsO.jpg

CHRISTOPHER

Christopher sat and stared in amazement as the stranger described exactly just how he’d arrived to be under the scrutiny of his friends. He could not prevent the slow smirk from crossing his lips as he went on, clearly feeling put out by the treatment of the overly cautious hunters. Based on Eli and Chases’s response, this hunter hadn’t either heard of or encountered, the Children of Adam firsthand… or even secondhand. If he had, he wouldn’t have offered his help,

He chuckled softly, setting his utensils aside on his cleaned plate and took up his mug of coffee, taking a long drink before sighing. “Well, your first mistake was not driving a day straight in any direction away from here,” Chris explained with no real intent on convincing him. “There is one thing I’m certain of, coincidences are not to be trusted.” He shrugged. “Unfortunate for you.”

Chris set his mug down, tapping the outside in thought. “Eli,” He offered the hunter's name that had administered the test. “He’s very deceptive like that, but probably just as dangerous as anyone else here.” Gideon went on and Chris nodded. “Mackenzie.” He offered, knowing very well who the ‘unfriendly redhead’ was. “That hunt is something I think isn’t just as simple as finding them. And honestly, I don’t think any of us are even considering it.”

He elected to keep the details to himself for the time being, it was still fresh - at least fresh for him and he didn’t need to dwell, not when he was just getting his shit back together. “I guess that depends on you.” He raised an eyebrow. “I’m not sure if you’re allowed to go for a drink, while under house arrest. But I might be able to find something better than beer and a cactus nearby.”

3SijZSx.jpg

ASHLEY-MAY

Ashley-May dropped into the booth Elijah had directed to her. She’d long ago stopped resisting his desire to sit in specific locations. Like Mackenzie, Elijah was always on, even if he appeared to be entirely relaxed. He was ready for anything and it often worried her that it was just too much. How wasn’t he exhausted all the time?

She waited quietly for him to dip into the back and find their packaged meals, each labelled according to their food preferences. Ash smiled at Nick as he stewed quietly a booth over. The young man seemed less than impressed that Will had served him food - solid food but it amused her all the same. He’d been quiet, which she could hardly blame him, the world wasn’t a kind place.

Ash thanked Eli as he delivered her packaged meal, flipping the lid to find whole-wheat toast, eggwhite omelette and fresh fruits. She followed her boyfriend's pointed glance towards Gideon and Chris’s booth, only waggling her eyebrows at him in return as a response.

“What do you say we leave Liam with Skye for a while and head into town?” She asked between bites of breakfast. “I have some supplies to pick up and I need to check in at the clinic, plus I’m sure Mac has some deliveries to be picked up that I don’t think she’s going to want to do. We can chat around and see if there are any whispers about what happened last night?”

dd58c50ebe40b922fd3997c39e8ab152.jpg
CNAKtJZ.jpg

BRODY & MORGAN​

Brody drummed his fingertips on the steering wheel of his car in tempo to the song, entertaining himself as he drove back to the Inn. Morgan had long since fallen asleep in the passenger seat, as was typical of their early morning runs. The future alpha always claimed to be an early riser but those who knew her best knew that she was also the first to return to bed for naps.

Today was no different, save for the fact that they hadn’t simply shifted and gone for a run behind the Inn and into the National Park they backed onto, not after the warning they’d received from Elijah and Chase the night before. The last thing they needed was to be spotted out in the woods, two wolves that were entirely out of place for the area.

As he turned into the driveway he could already see Adelaide standing outside the office doors that lead directly into the restaurant. “Alright.” He muttered to himself, turning down the music as he pulled into a spot in front of her and watched her head for the car.

Brody rolled down the window as she approached. “What’s up?”

Elijah 7.jpg
ELIJAH

Elijah enjoyed the time, eating in companionable semi-quiet with his girlfriend... who was clearly very much on the same wavelength regarding the "situation" -- whatever it was -- developing at the table behind them between Chris and Gideon. Mackenzie's breakfasts didn't suffer with prepackaging and tasted every bit as amazing as it always did.

He glanced up at Ashley-May as she spoke to him, suggesting they head into town without Liam for the purpose of running a few errands: running by the clinic, collecting supplies, and partaking in gossip. It wasn't the most glamorous escapade to have on the books, but it was necessary all the same -- and he wouldn't begrudge the opportunity to spend some time alone with Ash, no matter the setting... though he might act otherwise.

A sly smile formed on on Elijah's features as he held Ash's gaze. "Never let it be said that you don't take me on the most romantic of dates," he remarked lightly, giving her a wink for good measure. For him, it was as close to an enthusiastic acceptance as one could ask for.

Addy Arguing Gif.gif

ADELAIDE

Adelaide cast a glance over her shoulder back toward the restaurant before shaking her head and reaching for the handle of Brody's car, sliding into the back seat and across it until she was perched directly behind and between Brody & Morgan who were up front.

She sighed heavily. "You know the 'mystery man' the others ran into last night in the Park? Apparently he's here. Not only that..." Addy bit her lower lip. "Chris is here, too. The gate guard, back in Vitae? We all thought he was dead; Mac said she was his--" Adelaide shook her head again, clearing her throat. "It doesn't matter. He showed up, too. Eli and Will ran The Test on them both, apparently they both passed. I didn't sense anything on Chris, but the other one... it's hard to get a read on him."

Adelaide had tried to pierce through the veil and read the thoughts and emotions of their early-morning visitor, but it had proved more difficult than expected. She wasn't sure what to make of that. True, her distance worked far better with both proximity and direct sight of whomever she was "reading"... but she had felt something from the man that she just couldn't put her finger on. Something that put her... ill-at-ease. There were some tests that didn't fit into a neat little box and the witch for one wouldn't be turning her back on their new tenant any time soon. Luckily, she suspected the same was true of her friends.

"What about you two? Everything go okay? Nothing strange out in the Park?" Addy asked soft, sliding her hands up to give each of the wolves a gentle squeeze on the shoulder.

GIDEON

Gideon had a hard time not staring at Chris’ smile as it spread across his face. His was an unfairly nice smile. It was distracting. It would probably get him in trouble eventually - but that was okay. Trouble could be fun, as long as it didn’t kill him.

“Ah well. Hindsight is twenty-twenty, as they say.” He arched an eyebrow as Chris shared his observations of others - and names. More information to commit to memory. It wasn’t unusual for hunters to have plenty of skeletons in their closets and difficult stories to bury, and this group seemed like no exception. Judging by the welcome the man across from him received, maybe Chris was one of those skeletons and difficult stories himself.

He’d pry later. For now, he was very close to closing on a much-needed drink outing.

“Well, I suppose I ought to ask my prison guards if I’m allowed out with supervision. Be right back, don’t move any of those handsome muscles of yours.” He grinned at Chris, nudging his plate out of the way as he slid out of the booth, leaving the other man to sit there and stew in that sudden compliment on his own.

Gideon sauntered over to the booth Eli and Ashley-May occupied, leaning casually against Ashley-May’s booth as he looked to Eli, interrupting them.

“So. Instructions not to leave notwithstanding, I will be going out for a drink at some point. I would very much appreciate it if, upon my return, I don’t find my car towed and run through the local car-crusher. Or, better yet, I’d like to not be hunted down with a weapon pointed at me. If it helps any, I will have a chaperone to make sure I don’t run off and do… whatever it is you all think I’ll do.” He motioned over the booth towards Chris.

“We’ll lay low. I’m too old to ask for permission to go out and about my business, but I’m willing to meet your team halfway and at least tell you that I’m not skipping town, merely stepping out.” Gideon was well aware if he left, it meant any of these people would probably search his room - if they weren't doing it already.

"Any objections to this?"

As the conversations around him wound down, Kyle would be lying if he said he wasn't disappointed. He was hoping to overhear more regarding whatever Will was talking about. He set his fork down, noting that while his breakfast was gone, he had next to no idea what it even was, too busy people watching. Deciding to finally bring attention to himself, Kyle spoke up. "If you're looking for gossip, I can probably help. What are we investigating?"

(Written in between booths at a trick or treating event, and chasing kids with candy in their mouth. So it's a bit short.)
Safton Safton Namazu Namazu NanLia NanLia

3SijZSx.jpg

ASHLEY-MAY

Ashley-May arched a delicately manicured eyebrow as Elijah mocked her invitation into town for some quiet one-on-one time. A slow smile crossed her lips as she waited for him to finish. She calmly set her fork and knife down, interlacing her fingers on the table in front of her. “Oh, you want nice dates?” She asked her voice sing-song in amusement. “The good restaurants? The high-brow places and fine dining? You can have all of that, but you need to do one of two things.”

She paused, long enough to draw out the silence before continuing. “One: you get me a ring. Two: you give me another baby.” She shrugged. “Pretty simple, if you ask me. Until then, you get boxed lunches from Mac and tag-along rides into town while I run errands.”

Gideon approached, saving Eli from having to answer … for now. She kept her best perfectly manicured customer service smile on her lips as she let the stranger ramble on about leaving the Inn under supervision.

“A huge objection.” her smile did not falter. “I am not about to play daycare with a grown-ass adult who cannot handle being under house arrest for more than twenty minutes.” Her smile broadened slightly. “You can stay here, on your own volition, or I can call Mac back in - I’m sure she’ll be happy to help give you a reason to stay.”

Last edited:

hK2KbsO.jpg

CHRISTOPHER

Christopher smirked and shook his head ruefully as Gideon mentioned his guards. He wasn’t entirely certain that they would be amiable to letting their prisoner out of the yard. He knew he’d only just arrived, and should have gone to see his life-long friend in the garage before letting the rest know he was here, but tensions had been high between him and Max at the end of Vitae, mostly to do with Thomas; and he dreaded the idea that his friend may not be as excited to see him as he was.

His attention was drawn from his thoughts as he heard Ash’s tone turn terse and he scrambled to get out of the booth and to their table before Gideon found himself under actual lock and key.

“Oh, oh, hey. No, no. He didn’t mean you, he meant me.” He waved Ash off, placing a hand on Gideon’s shoulder to gently ease the other man away from the table and hopefully out of danger. “I invited him out for a drink - he was just coming to clear it with you, boss.” Mac was dangerous, Ash was downright scary - he’d been on the receiving end of her scolding in the past. Mac and Eli - you could see what they could or would do to you, but Ash and Will? It was all behind a guise of calm southern charm.

He glanced to Elijah, followed by Nick, silently pleading for help.

dd58c50ebe40b922fd3997c39e8ab152.jpg
CNAKtJZ.jpg

BRODY & MORGAN​

Brody glared at the door to the office and restaurant as Adelaide spoke - knowing that the man from the night before was here, in the flesh and still alive worried him. The thought of exiting the vehicle to go check out this guy for himself was swiftly derailed by the mention of Chris arriving. He remained silent for a moment before turning in his seat to look at the witch directly. “Chris, Chris? Bart’s protege?” When she nodded he whistled softly in disbelief. He knew exactly who Chris was to Mac, and who Mac was to Chris - in another lifetime, in another timeline, if things hadn’t gone as they had …

Morgan sighed in her sleep, shifting in her seat but otherwise didn’t rouse.

“Nothing at the park, but we didn’t go far in and stayed away from where the others said they found that guy last night.” He turned back in his seat and turned the engine back on, backing out of the spot. “Let’s go into town for breakfast - I’m not really in the mood to deal with what’s happening here.”

He glanced back at Adelaide briefly to see if she had any objections but as she snapped her seatbelt on he took that as agreement. “We’ll fill Morgs in when we get closer, any preferences?”

Elijah Talking Gif.gif

ELIJAH

Elijah knew he had made a grievous error as soon as he saw his girlfriend stare him down from across the table before speaking in a singsong tone. This was the tone she saved for special occasions to indicate that he was treading on thin ice and should take note of the fact. He felt himself shrinking away with her every word like a chastened child until finally Ashley-May got to the point where she was presenting his "options". Somehow, he already knew what they were. She hadn't made her desire for either one particularly subtle over the past several weeks...

Luckily, GIdeon's approach was perfectly-timed to save Elijah from having to respond. As the man asked whether he could be allowed to leave, Eli was inclined to tell him he could do whatever he wanted so long as he didn't leave him alone with Ash's piercing gaze. However, the ensuing dialogue made the situation all too clear: Gideon and Christopher were going out for a drink... together.

Immediately, Eli turned and exchanged a knowing glance with his girlfriend -- their previous tension having dissolved in the face of new, juicy gossip. The Brit was all too aware of Chris looking at him for "permission"... though it was really protection from Mac that they both sought. Eli shrugged. "I don't see any issue with it?" he said to Ashley-May. "We have his car, his information. And he'll have a... capable chaperone at his side," Eli remarked, doing his best to keep the suggestiveness out of his tone and only partially succeeding.

Adelaide 2.jpg

ADELAIDE

Adelaide nodded, confirming to Brody that the Christopher who had arrived was one and the same. She sensed the unease in his mind as the memories came flooding to the surface, but didn't comment on it -- instead glancing over at Morgan with a small smile as the young wolf dozed peacefully. Addy was glad to hear they hadn't run into any trouble at the park, in any case. The last thing they all needed was more attention on them, whether it was of the supernatural or mundane variety.

Adelaide shook her head at Brody's question regarding breakfast. "Nope. Somewhere away from here," she responded simply, flashing a small smile. "You choose, for once," she teased. Brody, ever the selfless Pack Guardian, often went out of his way to try and oblige her and Morgan's tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back