• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
UMUEPiL.png

Chase shook his head, "Lots." He repeated sarcastically as he stood and peeked through the nearby window. "Any word on that demon from last night?" Chase asked curiously, waiting a moment before turning back to look at the Alpha. "The uh, cranky shaman get anything?" He'd not admit that the mans name was one he'd forgotten. It was worrisome to think another player was in this game, considering how many there were already. Someone wanted to listen in on the going on's in the pack, and Chase had little to no suspects pegged currently.​
NanLia NanLia

Brendan nodded, "Thomas has grand parents near by, an hours drive or so. Neither of them hunters, and he's said in the past his grandfather has been quite ill. I've called and left him a message, but he hasn't replied. If his family is sick, he's probably busy." Brendan felt that Thomas's excuse for leaving suddenly were more coincidental than proving he was the guilty party.

Angela frowned slightly "Alison has been nothing but diligent in her duties here, never once missed a day. So far as I'm aware she does not have any family locally, she is also not answering her phone."

Brendan turned over the shipping report for Will to view. "Nothing more than some specialty items for some of our population, diabetic wise and gluten free products. It's not really valuable."
Safton Safton

Emile grimaced as he brought up the shaman, instinctively rubbing his thumb over his palm where the blade had cut him the night before. It had long since healed but it no less annoyed him that he needed to contribute to strengthen the wards. "Non, I look last night, while you sleep. The demon is gone, left his suit behind." He gave a shrug. "I burn it, cannot go back to it now, he need to find new." He stood then, brining her dishes to the sink and turning on the water, starting to fill so he could wash them. "Today you run with pack, with Malcolm et Brody. Need to learn who to erm, scout, to look with them. Practice." Of course if Chase needed ti leave to see his father, then the wolf lessons would be postponed.
Crono Crono

upload_2017-7-23_10-35-22.jpeg
William ran a hand along his jaw as he considered the information. Brendan's information about Thomas didn't clear him entirely, though the man was out of reach regardless for the time being. They couldn't afford to drive an hour out to the home of his grandparents on a hunch. Alison's disappearance was more troubling, especially with what Angela had to say about the woman's usually stellar work ethic. "Does Alison stay at one of the homes here at the Colony?" he asked, without looking up from the shipping report.

Brendan was right -- nothing on the manifest seemed valuable enough to motivate robbery, much less murder. However, that didn't mean this was a total dead end: if someone was deliberately targeting Joe, they knew he'd taken the job for Brendan... when and where he'd be alone and isolated.

Angela nodded. "Yes, she has a room in the converted motel on second avenue," She was collecting her key ring from her pocket and loosening one. Angela reached outwards and set the key on the table next to the shipping report. "Second floor room twelve, normally I wouldn't do this, she gave me the key for emergencies, but this is one of those times, and if it could clear her name..." She gave a shrug. "I'm at a loss, really. This has, this has never happened before to Vitae. "

Brendan, in a far more tender moment, stepped forward and rest a reassuring hand on Angela's shoulder. "Diffey and the other Councilmen are waking the colony, asking them to go to the Rec center, so we can make our announcement. There won't be any details given, but the people will be suspicious if we say nothing."
Safton Safton

Ginny is sitting in her bunk snacking on some jerky, when she hears the councilmen coming, and tenses, before remembering that Will and Mac said they'd keep her secret. She's just really paranoid right now.

She stays where she is, knowing that a human wouldn't have heard them yet. No reason to make anyone suspicious.

upload_2017-7-23_14-0-57.jpeg
William nodded, folding up the shipping manifest and slipping it into his pocket along with the key. He doubted it was relevant, but he wasn't ready to rule anything out just yet. "Good. Try to keep them calm." He turned to look at Angela, "I'll go check on Alison -- I'm sure she's all right. I'll let you know as soon as I find her."

With that, Will turned and stepped out of the Command Tent. He pulled his smartphone from his pocket, sending a quick text to both Mac and Adelaide: Second Avenue motel. 2nd floor, room 12. Missing nurse, going to check it out. He wasn't expecting trouble, but all the same he wanted both to know where he'd be heading... just in case.

upload_2017-7-23_14-6-19.jpeg
Adelaide wasn't surprised to see Mackenzie entering the Clinic a few minutes earlier, walking straight through the lobby and past the nurse's station toward Ash's room. She smiled, deciding to give the two partners their privacy -- at least she knew Ashley-May was in able hands. As her phone buzzed, she glanced down to see a message from Will. She didn't like the idea of sitting around while William was turning over rocks with who knows what on the other side, sending back a reply asking Will to wait for her. She managed to get directions to Second Avenue from Nurse Ruth, thanking the woman before hurrying out the front door.

UMUEPiL.png

It wasn't too surprising to hear that Emile had gone back out there after Chase had fallen asleep, the Alpha had seemed ever so slightly anxious last night after the realization that a demon had gone to such trouble as to destroy there wards. Though he did wish Emile had involved him considering he did hunt such things on a normal basis, and Chase admittedly wanted to be involved were information be obtained. But he wasn't too bothered, Emile had burned the previously possessed body, and so they were still left with little to go on.

Once the Alpha spoke on the scouting Chase internally hated it. He understood that he was learning how to do it within a pack rather than on his own but he still hated the thought of needing to be taught such things. However if his meeting with the others was going to happen he couldn't be out and about for who knows how long. "Raincheck?" Chase would ask, turning around completely to regard Emile. "Or at least pushed til later. I shouldn't really be gone too long so we could always do that later?" Emile had already fished out the fact that he was going to meet someone even if the Alpha assumed it was Joe, and had already given him permission in some sense.​
NanLia NanLia

dx0HE3H.jpg
GxQZJgl.jpg

Ashley-May made an annoyed grumble as she felt and hear Mackenzie's cell phone go off between them. Mac made no move to retrieve the item from her jeans front pocket; it wasn't really instinct to look at the device when ever someone beckoned, but it annoyed Ash enough that Mac refused that she fished it out of her partners pocket and unlocked the screen without consideration for privacy. They hid nothing, well almost nothing, from each other, and Ash would be more than happy to intercept any naughty text from Will to Mac. Much to her disappointment it was a text from Will, stating he was checking in on Alison. "Will says he's going to check in on a nurse, are you going to go?" She ask cautiously.

Mac finally opened her eyes to view the text, seeing it wasn't a request but more information, "No, let him know I'm here." before closing her eyes and settling once more.

Ash eye'd Mac for a moment before grinning and texting her reply. -In bed with Ash.- and nothing more.
Safton Safton

ro5JoB8.jpg

Emile frowned slightly at the use of more English colloquialism's he didn't grasp. Rain Cheque meant nothing to the Alpha but he waited for Chase to finish speaking before questioning the word. Given the rest of the context of what Chase was requesting he assumed it meant to postpone what Emile had said the new recruit was going to do for the day. Hands within the hot water in the sink, washing the breakfast dishes he glanced to Chase momentarily. "Rain Cheque means to do later?" He nodded then. "Certainly, you need to see ton Père, go and see." He smirked. "I promise I will not go, muete will not bother you." He gave Chase a wink then. "Want to stay on fathers good side, non?"
Crono Crono

UMUEPiL.png

Chase gave the Alpha an apologetic look when he'd asked the question but nodded when Emile got the gist of it. "Yes, something along those lines." Chase took in a deep breath, the non-registering phrase had slipped and he hadn't caught it. Luckily the man agreed to do the postponing and spoke on Chase traveling alone. His features returned to a small smile despite the fact that he still felt Emile was being too agreeable and comfortable with Chase doing as he pleased, "Keeping that man happy is a chore." He joked, moving away from the window.

"But he'd be more comfortable if I came alone." Chase was relaxed as he eyed the other man, "I'm sure you have things to keep you busy while I'm gone." It was true that the two had more or less stuck around each other since Chase had arrived at the pack. But between the fact that it was probably the Alpha's job to be sure of any new arrival's, and the fact that Chase was basically living in Emile's cabin as a temporary guest it wasn't too surprising that they'd left each other alone little. "Demons, Kitsune, Gods. Plenty of things to think on, right?"​
NanLia NanLia

upload_2017-7-23_19-55-39.jpeg upload_2017-7-23_19-55-50.jpeg
William stopped at the old house alongside the Clinic, electing to take the truck to the converted motel. He pulled up outside of the building minutes later, bringing the vehicle to a stop as he waited for Adelaide. He glanced down at the return text from Mackenzie, reading it with raised eyebrows. He wondered if the reply was deliberately teasing -- something he wouldn't put past her -- or if she hadn't quite grasped the intricacies of texting etiquette just yet. Smiling, he decided to play along regardless, sending a reply: A lesser man might be jealous.

Seeing movement from the corner of his eye, Will glanced up to see Adelaide approaching. He stepped out of his truck, locking it up. "Thanks for coming, Addy." Will said with a nod, pulling the handgun from its holster in his waistband, retracting the slide to check the chamber for the telltale glint of brass.

Adelaide watched him, eyes narrowed. "You expecting trouble?"

William shrugged noncommittally, releasing the slide and returning the weapon to its holster. "Hard not to these days. We're just here to check on a nurse that called in sick yesterday evening before dropping off the grid. No contact since then."

"Just before Joe... you think she's involved?"

"I don't know," Will answered honestly. "But we don't have much to go on at this point and she could be in trouble regardless."

Adelaide nodded. "Ready when you are."

The two of them proceeded towards the motel, ascending the stairs and making their way toward Room 12. Will stopped outside the door, knocking twice and waiting for a response. When none came, he knocked again. "Miss Stevens! Councillor Spatafora sent me to check on you. I'm coming in, okay?"

Once again, no response. William fished the key Angela had provided him with from his pocket, inserting it into the lock and turning it. The door swung open and Will looked in at the room. There were no lights, save for the vague flickering of a few candles.Adelaide felt a sudden pang in her heart, a mere uneasiness before the door was opened, but now unmistakable. "Stop!" she shouted.

Too late.

Will had already crossed over the threshold, turning to face Addy in surprise when he felt it. His chest tightened, his face flushed, a tingling sensation in his fingertips. "Will?" Addy said, her eyes widening. He opened his mouth to speak, but no sound came out. He was suddenly wrackef with a fit of violent coughs, raising his hand to his mouth until they passed. His palm came away flecked with blood. He desperately tried to choke down more air as his throat swelled shut. His knees buckled as he collapsed to the ground. "Will!" Addy shouted, kneeling at his side as his hands wrapped instinctively around his own throat, trying to seize oxygen that wouldn't come.

Adelaide knew there was only one way to save him as she closed her eyes. "Malignas magicae revelanda erat!" It was a simple incantation, but combined with her gift as a psychic and her physical connection to Will it led her directly to what she was looking for. A dark blotch at the edge of her mind, she felt its presence. She scrambled over to the wooden table, feeling underneath it until her hands closed around something. She pulled it from its bindings: a small burlap cloth wrapped up and tied off at the top with leather. "Exuro!" she hissed.

The hex bag was consumed by a smoldering flame that incinerated it within seconds. She released the bag, allowing it to fall to the carpet and burn to ashes. She immediately returned to Will's side, wrapping her arms around his shoulders. "Will! Will, can you hear me?"

Will nodded furiously, coughing uncontrollably. Finally, after several seconds, he spoke between pants, "I'm okay. I'm fine." He took a deep breath, spitting a glob of blood onto the floor. "Thanks, Addy. If you hadn't been here--"

"Don't," she said quietly but forcefully, cutting him off. "You scared the shit out of me."

William nodded his understanding, glancing around the room. "Hex bag?" he asked.

Adele nodded. "Rigged up like a tripwire to hex the first person who came through the door, I imagine. Not an easy craft to manage."

Will shook his head. "Worse than a goddamn landmine," he muttered. "Now we know there's more to Alison than we thought. Let's take a look around... carefully."

Over the next several minutes, the two of them searched the apartment top to bottom, making sure it was clear of any more traps. While Alison seemed to have left in a hurry, the evidence left behind was damning. The apartment had been warded against angels and gods alike -- Will recognized some of the wards from New York. He also saw the look of disdain on Adelaide's face when she discovered Alison's "kit" stashed beneath the sink -- a bag containing a variety of materials used in witchcraft. Hers seemed to favor spells of the malicious sort -- black magic, curses, hexes.

Will was searching through Alison's bedroom when a small table covered with a cloth caught his eye. The cloth seemed haphazardly placed. He grabbed one corner, pulling it off to reveal the carved wooden surface beneath. The tabletop had been almost lovingly marked in chalk with an occult symbol; in its common use, a Devil's Trap. Will knew it had far more sinister implications here. He got down on his hands and knees to look under the table. Sure enough, tucked under the far end of the table against the wall sat a golden chalice along with a plastic bottle containing a viscous red substance that could only be blood.

"Addy, come take a look at this," he called into the hallway. Adelaide appeared behind him moments later, looking over what he had found. He could see the anger brooding behind her eyes. "Not only is she a black hat, but a Borrower. She's been communing with a demon... recently, by the looks of it."

Will nodded grimly, sending a text to Brendan: Alison not to be trusted. Witch, possible demonic connection. Proof at her apartment. Keep it quiet. It was abrupt, but he needed to get the word out with the part of the Council he could trust in the unlikely event she showed up on the grid again. "Let's head back to the Clinic," he said. Adelaide nodded, the two of them heading out the door and locking it behind them. William could hardly wrap his head around what he'd just seen: how could Joe have been wrapped up in the operations of a witch inside Vitae?

The two of them drove over to the Clinic, Will stepping out somewhat shakily, still struggling to keep his composure after the hex bag's effects. Adelaide approached to offer an arm for him to lean against, which he took gratefully. Dried blood was visible on his shirt and chin, despite his best efforts to clean himself up, but there was nothing for that now. Walking into the lobby, Will decided to pass up Elijah's room for the time being. He and Adelaide made their way past the nurse's station, toward Ash's room. Ruth saw the two interlopers and moved to cut them off.

"Oh, no, absolutely not. We've had entirely too many unplanned visitations for one day," the elder woman said sternly.

Will met her glare, standing upright and wiping the blood away in an effort to look as "fine" as he could, not wanting to be whisked away for an examination. "Council business. It's urgent."

The woman looked him up and down, her eyes lingering on the bloodstains and the support Adelaide was giving to keep him upright. Finally, she sighed and stepped aside. "Just make it quick. She needs her rest... and so do you, by the looks of it."

Will murmured his thanks as Adelaide helped him to the room, opening the door without bothering to knock as they stepped inside. Adelaide wasn't surprised to see Mackenzie in Ashley-May's bed. "Mac, Ash?" she said softly to get their attention, still keeping a supportive arm around Will.

Last edited:
ro5JoB8.jpg

Emile eyed Chase as the other man questioned what he would be doing for the day whilst Chase was out visiting his father. A slow smile crept across his lips as he drained the sink and took up the dish towel to dry his hands. He leaned a hip against the counter as he seemed to consider his options before remarking playfully. “Oui, c’est vrais, L’Alpha has many thing to do in the day. Demons. Gods. Nosy choit perdu.” He gave Chase a wink before tossing the towel onto the counter. “Mais, premier, first, the Alpha is tired. Long night keeping nosy lost wolf safe.” He chuckled then, “Plus, ma bed no longer smell like me. I need to fix.”

With the dishes cleaned and spare food being put away he knew it would only be a matter of time before Morgan was prowling through the cabin looking for food. “I be here when you come back. Malcolm and Brody will go scouting, we go when you are done avec ton pere.”
Crono Crono

dx0HE3H.jpg
GxQZJgl.jpg

Mackenzie and Ashley-May didn’t move as the door to the room swung open without a knock, both assuming it was Ruth coming to evict Mac from the bed and room to let her patient ‘rest’. Instead Mac sat up bolt hearing Adelaide’s voice. Chills ran through her spine seeing blood on Will’s shirt, at his lips. She scrambled across the bed, careless about putting her boots back on. Heart pounded in her chest as she fought to remain clam, to keep thinking, but panic started to rise. She reached them, reaching up to gentle caress his cheek, thumb wiping blood from his lip, knowing full well she didn’t have the power or knowledge to help him, to heal it and it burned her.

Ashely-May was not far behind Mac out of bed, forgetting she was undoubtedly clothed in Eli’s clothing; she shuffled across the cold floor quickly, dragging a chair over to Will. She hipped Mac out of the way. “Get water.” She instructed and was thankful the smaller hunter moved when prompted, walking out of the room to do as directed. To Will Ash spoke firmly. “Sit.” She was certainly not a short person to start with, but Will was still taller than her. She glanced to Adelaide then. “What happened?” She needed to know as many details as possible if she were to assess his injury and get him onto recovering.

Mackenzie soon returned to the room, disposable cup of water in one hand, a wet cloth in the other.
Safton Safton

upload_2017-7-23_19-55-39-jpeg.335284
upload_2017-7-23_19-55-50-jpeg.335285

William sat down in the chair, knowing that Ashley-May wouldn't take "no" for an answer. Adelaide answered Ash quietly, "Hex bag. The nurse's room was booby-trapped -- it closed his airway as soon as he came through the door. Alison's a witch, and a Borrower at that."

Will nodded grimly. "She's been talking with a demon recently, but she was nowhere to be found. Left in a hurry by the looks of things. I don't know if it's a coincidence after Joe... but I doubt it. We need to find her."

Adelaide frowned, her voice taking on a severe edge. "What you 'need' is to take a rest and let Ash look you over. It's bad enough that you wanted to stick around to search the place after what happened."

Will shook his head. "I'm fine. You burned the hex bag."

"And it doesn't mean that it couldn't be affecting you in ways we don't know," Adelaide snapped. "Speaking of which," she turned, seeing the cup of water in Mackenzie's hand as she entered the room again. "Can I see that? I think I know a tonic that could help, just in case."

dx0HE3H.jpg
GxQZJgl.jpg

Ashley-May proceeded with a basic medical exam, having no gloves or other kit item she did what she could looking for any warning signs: check his pupil, making him open his mouth so she could see his throat, it looked agitated, but nothing serious, followed by running her hands over the the exterior of his neck, checking for any noticeable malformalities. Finding nothing during her exam she leaned back and eye'd Will as Adelaide scolded him on getting some rest. "She's right, you might check out now, but we don't know what the long term could be." She stated.

Mackenzie handed over the cup of water to Adelaide with minor hesitation, the thought of her giving him a tonic bothered Mac, but she knew that if Will trusted her, then she needed to too. With Ash done her exam Mac brought the wet cloth to Will's lip, cleaning off the blood from them and his chin before placing the cloth in his hand to clean the blood from there. She leaned and kissed his lips gently, not caring for the witnesses, once more she nearly lost him. "Murehuanon." She stated after their lips parted, dark eyes watching his, searching for any signs of trouble. "He told us about Ash and her baby yesterday, we didn't know where he was getting the information, but a nurse in the clinic..." She paused and glance to Ash. "How many people know about the Nephilim?"

Ash looked rather sour before replying. "Anyone in earshot when Alaric shouted it in the front lobby."

Mac looked back to Will. "We know who's been feeding him information, but not the guy we were looking for." They still were searching for whomever was giving the pack information. "I don't think Mur would go after Joe with a purpose, but if Joe caught on to the witch, or caught her doing something mischievous." It was stretch and she knew it, but they couldn't discount the information.
Safton Safton

William returned Mackenzie's kiss without hesitation, taking her hand in his. He nodded at Mac's words after they parted, her suspicions matching his. As soon as he had seen the communion table and scrying materials in Alison's apartment, he had little doubt what demon had an interest in Vitae.

"It's the best we have to go on for now," he said as Mackenzie finished. "It makes sense. We know Mur is willing to go to any lengths to get that Grace, I wouldn't put it past him to go out of his way to get someone on the inside... someone in regular contact with Ash."

Adelaide had listened as they talked, removing a small container of ground herbs from her bag and mixing them in the cup of water. Next, she poured a few droplets of a pale liquid into the mix, stirring it lightly with her finger before handing it over to William. He looked at the discolored fluid dubiously before catching the glare Addy was directing at him, acquiescing as he tossed the drink back, giving Adelaide a thankful nod. It was a recipe Noella had taught her years ago -- for most ailments, it did little more than take the edge off and decrease recovery time. Its real value lay in counteracting the effects of hex bags... though there was little to be done about the taste.

"We'll need to put the Pack on the back burner for now," William said. "Alison's our best lead for Joe's death and for all we know, she could still be in Vitae. As long as she's on the loose, Ash isn't safe. She's desperate enough to try anything now."

Adelaide nodded. "I can try to track her down with a spell, but chances are she'll have warded herself. I grabbed a piece of her jewelry from the house -- it should work so long as she's been in recent contact with it. I have the rest of the materials I need at my car."

"I've got some iron weapons in the truck -- handcuffs too. I'm not taking any chances, but if we can capture her alive..." Will said.

Last edited:
GxQZJgl.jpg
dx0HE3H.jpg

Ashley-May and Mackenzie listened to the two long time hunting partners formulate a plan, Mac was not looking forward to a literal witch hunt, it was going to take time and a great deal of care not to alert half the colony. "And what about Chase? If he calls, or replies and you're in the middle of a hunt." It's not like they could postpone telling the man about his father. She closed her eyes and shook her head slowly. "First things first, spell to see if we can track her."

Ashley-May slowly rose her hand as Mac was speaking, waiting patiently until the smaller hunter gave her a look. "I don't know how efficient spells are but... uh. If you get me my lap top I could tell you if she's still in the colony or not."

Mackenzie frowned, glancing to Will then Adelaide, uncertain how this would be possible if the other two hadn't suggested it first. "Alright, I'll bite, how?"

"I still have access to the emergency network from when I worked the ER in NYC. I can log in and use the network to ping her cell phone and see where she is. It's not like it'll give me an address, but it'll give me a thirty meter radius." Ash glanced between the three slowly, slowly smiling. "I may or may not have used it on Mac in the past."
Safton Safton

William glanced at Ashley-May, managing a meager smile. If Ash had access to the network necessary to track Alison, he was all for it. It was entirely possible that that particular method wasn't one the witch would be counting on, so focused on warding herself against magical detection that she forgets about the wonders of technology and the improvised homing beacon in her pocket. His enthusiasm was numbed somewhat by Mackenzie's comment about Chase -- she was right, of course. As much as he had tried to push it from his mind, the time was steadily approaching where he'd have to tell the werewolf that he had failed in his promise to keep his father safe. The thought alone sent a spike of guilt through his chest... but with any luck, they might be able to get their hands on the woman responsible.

"Where's your laptop?" Adelaide asked.

UMUEPiL.png

Chase shook his head whilst trying not to smile and hide his amusement at being called nosy, despite the fact that it hadn't been his intent he could see that Emile was teasing. Though he did eyeroll when Emile said he was keeping him safe, "Okay mister guard dog, because sleeping on the front porch of your own choice is so difficult" Chase started walking towards the front door, "I dunno, it's a soft bed. Was thinking about moving in and kicking you out." Chase raised his brows in a clearly half-assed challenge as he passed the man in the kitchen, clearly joking for multiple reasons.

Chase opened the door and stepped out onto the porch, leaning his head back in. "Get your sleep old man, you clearly need it." He quipped followed by quickly shutting the door before Emile could get out a retort. Chase looked down the path at the camp that was never lifeless, then took a seat on one of the porch chairs and pulled out his phone. When is her next doctors appointment? Was the text he sent Will, more or less to get a confirmation time and hopefully let the other man know he was free.​
NanLia NanLia
Safton Safton

Mackenzie glared at Ashley-May after she admitted using hee connections to find her in the past. Mac had known the woman had been doing something but she could never figure out what. "Yea Ash, where is your lap top?"

Ashley-May was certainly not afraid of Macs glare or her question for where the device was kept. "In my bags that you too to the house." As much as she was certain Mac would eventually and deliberately destroy the device she knew her partner would refrain until its usefulness was over. "Can you grab it? You've got the Beast here."

Mac eyed Ash suspiciously before nodding. "Keep him resting." She turned and started out of the room and clinic, headed for the Beast to run back to the house.

The second Mac was out of earshot Ash turned her attention to Will. "So how was she last night?" Ash had no knowledge of their private engagements, merely concerned with the night went; if Mac had any night terrors sleeping alone.
Safton Safton

Emile laughed as Chase made his sassy, teasing remarks on his way out. While Chase's threat, or maybe promise?, to move in was bemusing, there wasn't a chance the Alpha would be evicted from his own him -temporary or otherwise.

With Chase gone Emile made his way up to the small loft to change then climb into bed to sleep.
Crono Crono

Last edited:
upload_2017-7-25_8-52-51.jpeg upload_2017-7-25_8-52-59.jpeg
William's expression was blank at Ashley-May's question, his face flushing slightly. Had Mackenzie told her about last night? He knew Ashley-May had precious little shame, but even he was taken aback by the straightforward question. He was struggling to form a reply when it hit him. She didn't know. Their conversation at the clinic house about Mac's night terrors and her trouble sleeping alone came suddenly flooding back to him. "Oh," he said after a moment in an entirely unconvincing recovery. "She was fine -- no night terrors."

Adelaide watched the exchange with obvious amusement, having to turn her head and cover her mouth with her hand in a futile attempt to hide the knowing smile on her face. Though hearing about Will's intimacy with another woman still bothered a small part of her, she was genuinely happy for her friend. She had moved on, it was only fair that he did, too. In any case, she would never get tired of seeing his embarrassment.

Will felt his phone buzz, pulling it from his pocket to see a message from Chase. Asking for a meet time, in code of course. Glancing at the time on his phone, William tapped out a quick reply: 12:30. They're going to try a new treatment.

That gave him a few hours to make the meeting. He hoped they could make the most of it -- every fiber of his mind dreaded the idea of having to tell Chase about his father.

Ashley-May tilted her head aside as Will flushed and looked embarrassed by her inquiry, if they had been alone she would have assumed it was because of his on going awkward relationship with her former lover but when Adelaide turned to hide a smile her eyes widened. She didn't believe it were true but Will confirmed it; Mac having no night terrors meant she had not slept alone and by both of their reactions she didn't need to say more; but when did that ever stop her?

"Oh good." She said with a smile, attempting to keep a poker face and not let him know she knew. "So was it alcohol, gods or the Beast that let her sleep tight last night? Just need to know which Mac I'm dealing with today."

Mackenzie made her way from the clinic to the Rec center and behind where she left the Beast parked. She took a moment at the store room to peak in the door. Someone had come and cleaned it, restored it to order and now the Lunch Ladies were at work making breakfast that would no doubt be served at the meeting.

She slipped in the driver seat of her car and paused, glancing down at the contingency plan and within her journal. She retrieved it, looking over the cover and deciding then she would leave it for Will to read, or not. It was her, everything that had happened and nothing to hide behind. She put the Beast into gear and headed back to the house to retrieve the laptop she would later destroy.
Safton Safton

34gagww.jpg

Like the last time, there was a faint sound of thunder as Thor suddenly appeared in the room. By the looks of it he'd entered in the middle of a conversation, but that couldn't be helped. The god had a kind smile on his lips and nodded a greeting towards the man before he said "Hello Ashley-May, I've returned from my journey to Mímisbrunnr, and I think you'll be glad to know that I now know a spell that can extract the grace from an angelic being, even a Nephilim."

If Thor was to be honest, he was suprised that none of the humans had asked his help in their little clinic, as a god of healing he thought it was one of his duties to help humans in need. But he assumed it was just due to the usual distrust his kind faced. And if it was up to Thor to single-handedly at least somewhat redeem his kin in the eyes of the humans, then so be it. Being violent and malicious towards them would only serve to further distance them. This was something Thor had realised centuries ago. Of course, that did little to stop his burning hatred for the humans who violently enforced their religion over those with other faiths, in particular those who believed in him and his kin. But these people were hardly interested in doing that.

NanLia NanLia Safton Safton

Last edited:
upload_2017-7-25_9-31-28.jpeg upload_2017-7-25_9-31-35.jpeg
William gave Ashley-May a suspicious glare, the fact that Adelaide -- entirely aware of just what Ash was trying to do -- was struggling to hide her grin was not lost on him. His face was still thoroughly flushed, but nonetheless he decided to answer with uncharacteristic boldness, hoping for once to meet Ashley-May's teasing head on. "None of the above," he said evenly.

The conversation was brought to an abrupt halt as a sound like a distant clap of thunder sounded, a figure appearing in the room. William was out of his seat before he knew it, acting on instinct as he drew the pistol from his waistband and stepped protectively in front of Ashley-May and Adelaide. He was surprised when the man began speaking to Ash -- and in a non-threatening, almost familiar tone.

"Friend of yours?" Adelaide asked quietly, never taking her eyes off the man.

William's direct glare impressed Ashley-May, noting that clearly some of Mac was rubbing off on the man even if he was still flushing deeply. Hearing his reply, and second admition that the two had clearly shared a bed she was about ask another "innocent" inquiry when they were interrupted.

For the second time in as many days Thor startled the wits out of her. She turned to glare at the deity heedlessly as he then announced he had found the knowledge he sought after. A cold chill ran through her at the thought of letting a god, false god, tamper with her unborn child. She raised a hand to touch at Wills arm, wordless reply that she knew the reason for him being here. "While I appreciate how quickly you managed it, I still haven't made my decision yet. You're not the only god petitioning for my child's Grace."

Mackenzie was returning to the car with Ash's laptop when the tell tale buzzing effect returned to the back of her mind. Not her god, inside the colony, but another and from the direction at the clinic. She hastily returned to her car, backing it out of the driveway and heading as speedily as she felt necessary to Ash.

Safton Safton
Alator Alator

Thor looked mildly annoyed, he wanted that grace, but not that badly, he could simply get grace by taking it from angels, it would be less convenient but he didn't care. And with his pride he woulnd't beg for the human to let him help her, when it should be the other way around. He simply replied "You can either accept my help or not, I won't be on standby whilst you make up your mind. Keep in mind that if I wanted to take that grace, without caring about yours or your childs wellbeing, I'd have taken it already. And I would assume you're not referring to Hypnos, seeing as he was unable to do anything except hiding you, so I have no idea who you might refer to, eitherway, if you'd rather trust them over me, you're welcome to do so. Now, make your decision."

He had thought that she would have appreciated his efforts more, but it couldn't be helped. Finally having a proper reason to pursue the Well had payed off, even though there was a good chance it could have killed him. He had come out on top eitherway.

NanLia NanLia Safton Safton

Users who are viewing this thread

Back