• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
sean3.pngSean
Ada snorted, "Ew. Not interested in naked boys, thanks." She snorted, walking alongside her dad as Sean trailed behind contemplating his entire life's decisions that led up to this point. She continued, "You know what I meant anyway! I was just teasing. I don't mean the whole naked part. That's like... totally not even necessary." She was getting excited! What would 'serious' look like for the boy? The kidnapper was prepared for various shenanigans so he hadn't a chance to do anything. He couldn't fight well physically. Honestly, his powers seemed to scare him.

Sean was totally terrified. He swallowed hard, staring at the now de-suited Casey. He was no less intimidating, but at least there was a face to look at now. He was trembling, and balled his hands into fists. What was he supposed to do?

"Y-yes sir... Any-anything? Really, anything?" he stuttered, but he knew the answer. Casey meant it. He didn't joke. The mercenary wasn't an idiot, though. Sean had already told him his abilities.

He sighed, giving up. His fate was sealed. He knew full well his ass was going to get handed to him... and knew it'd be worse if he didn't really really try. God, if Casey thought he wasn't giving it his all... the thought was horrible. "Yes sir," Sean repeated, "I'll start now."

Sean activated his temporal bubble to freeze Casey, unaware of the fact that it wouldn't work, but he was smart enough not to do just that. Spacial magics was his best specialty as a mage, and thus he held his hand out and made a wide portal under the merc, which would have led to another room in the house had he fallen into it. Thirdly, he allowed his perception to spread out, different actions overlapping in his view of the most likely next actions taken in the timestream. He didn't risk that... apocalypse power he had. It had barely even come into his mind as an option.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

jupiter.pngJewel and Jupiter
"Don't pick on the kid," Jupiter grumbled softly, though she agreed with the sentiment, "Some heroes don't care as much about that, and treat it just like any other job. I... agree, though... I gave my life once, and I'd do it again. Thanks for the files."

Jewel shrugged, "Yeah yeah. Thanks for the footwork girlie. Chrysos, let's head out and get started."

"Wait! We should get things sorted together. What's your husband doing right now? He's got an impressive record."

Jewel fiddled with her phone, "Uhhhhhhhhhhh... probably working? I guess we can go to my house though. Your friend Ceasar lives there too, after all. I'll ping Oscar to come to stop by the house when he's done. He probably wants to hear this stuff anyway. Maybe he can help make a plan."

"Miss, do you want to be involved with the actual mission or just keep it to information sharing only?"

"Yeah, you could like send someone to come with us so you can stay in the loop. Would make sense to do at least that much for you since you put in so much effort to get this information to us. If not, though, we'll just head out now. Chrysos. I'll let you take your knives inside the house this time. Just make sure the kids can't pickpocket them from you."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

We shall travel through Shadow, so others may bathe in the Light.
The mountains of Everest

The howling winds and ever falling blizzard buffeted stone and added yet a few more inches to the ever-changing landscape of the mountainside, the skeleton of an expedition revealed from beneath the snows by a howling gust of wind only to once again disappear from sight, the fleeting change of discovery gone once again for who knows how long. And despite it all, life thrived...not in plain sight, but certainly in hiding. Behind a stone door within a crevice of Everest, guarded by magic wardings and disguised by illusion craft, one would find men and women milling about calm as ever. Through twisting halls full of busy individuals, training rooms and kitchens, dormitories and baths, deeper and deeper one could travel into the mountain before one would arrive at a massive gilded door, scrawled with invisible sigils and runes. Here, one would find the Order of Cloaks, hidden perpetually from sight of all but ever watching. And behind that gilded door was a single woman, carefully fussing with her glasses as she studied herself in the mirror. "Alright. What's our take of the situation?" Behind her on a comfortable Queen sized bed was the very same woman, laying on her back and staring at the ceiling, sorting through a collection of floating cards above her, the pieces carefully twisting and turning under her touch. "It doesn't look good."

At a workstation was a third copy, frowning as she fussed with some sort of brass device, a cube of some sort. "Future doesn't look great when we checked, we all saw it. The Crawling Chaos decided to drag a soul from another reality into our own, and now it's stuck here." The first woman looked over her shoulder, glasses now sitting comfortably on her face as she studied her copies. "High concentration of Conceptual activity in L.A of all places, they've got a game planned." "Speaking of Concepts, do you suppose Time and Space are still sore at the Harlequin Arbiter?" "Perpetually, I'm sure, though off-topic dear." Each copy of the woman's voice was very deadpan and matter of fact in how she spoke, though her tone was soft and relaxed as well. "So we're in agreement then?" "Indeed. L.A's about to be a center of a Vortex." "And they're currently lacking in skilled mages." "Agreement reached then. We'll teach the girl."

The copy that had been fussing with her glasses stood up from her seat and stepped to the middle of the room, crossing her arms in front of her, thumb pressed to her palm with pinkie and index fingers connected by the sides at an awkward angle. "Hεct'ṿin." Quickly uncrossing her arms from in front of herself in a fluid motion and letting her palms spread wide at the apex of her swings, the two additional copies quickly disappeared in a flash of golden light, the woman nodding to herself before holding her hand out in front of herself, gently twirling her index finger in an 'O' figure as a shimmering silver portal opened before her. Walking through, it quickly shut behind her, leaving the room vacant once again.

-----------------

The Keaton Household

Stepping through the portal onto the front lawn of the Keaton household she glanced around, eyes traveling upwards towards the overcast sky and white hair blowing behind her by a sudden gust of wind. "Lovely weather as ever, I suppose." Making her way across the front yard and stopping at the front door she calmly folded a hand behind her, the other going up as she wrapped her knuckles on the front door a few times. Shave and a haircut, two bits! Drawing her hand back she folded it behind her back as well, taking a step back as she watched the door patiently. "I wonder if that little knick-knack shop is still open nearby," she mused softly to herself as she glanced down the street before her attention went back to the doorway.
anime-girl-magician-mage-meganekko-destruction-white-hair-ruins-anime.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Addison Miller; Sanguine Seriema

The PMC listened carefully as Fay gave his thoughts on the matter, scanning the area around them from the rooftop position they had taken up. "You're on the right path. While it'd be nice to go after the origin of the threat, if they catch wind we're after them they could just activate the bombs and we're going to be down city blocks. First priority is containment and removal of the most immediate threat. If you can halt the water cleaning facility from functioning until this is sorted, that's your job. That'd handle one of our statistically highest concerns. But don't worry too much, it's not just two of us, yea?"

As if on cue she could feel that lovely little voice in her head, gaze shifting to search for it. Once again she tapped into her link, the roll of the eyes unseen thankfully. You looked so at peace while asleep, I wanted to let you sleep in, my darling sister. This crap wasn't going on when I left, in my defense. As Ella landed next to the both of them she gave a nod, tapping Fay's shoulder to get his attention once again. "Celestion, here's all the support we're going to need. Caracara, this is Celestion, apprentice hero in the area. I had been having a lovely little chat with him before the alert went off and you woke up. We've got three bomb threats and the villain, best if we get the locations contained...Celestion here suggested we launch the bombs into orbit, and I think you or I could pull that off quite splendidly if we got enough charge. He'll be heading to a water treatment plant south of us by a block to get its facilities to shut down and halt until this is handled. That leaves the car park north of us, and the maintenance hub that links into the ventilation systems of the apartments here. I can cover the maintenance if you feel like running through a car park, yea?"
image0.png

Osuka Osuka Kyrenka Kyrenka

Death's Chill
Disarming the Rogue was step one, now for step's two through Death knew how many. The icicle's lodged in Ashimar's shoulders were little more than an inconvenience to him it would seem, leaving question on what would have to be done to make damage stick. Alas, no time to ponder such a question as he pressed his assault. Rather than simply dodge or lean back to avoid the blow, the Reaper Knight sunk low and suddenly out of sight, her Door having opened up on the ground beneath her before swallowing her whole, slamming shut as the Rapier flew overhead and blinking out of existence.

Not but a moment later it opened again, a couple yards behind Ashimar as the Knight floated out once again, the door slamming closed and snapping out of reality. Spinning her scythe at her side she held it steady, a hand held in front of her towards Ash. "Cease your futile resistance." After but a few moments a large wall of ice shunted up out of the concrete of the street, and then another layer, quickly spreading towards Ash. It would seem the Reaper Knight had taken it upon herself to burst the water mains beneath the street to utilize the liquid within as fuel for an approaching wall of spiked ice.
LostHaven LostHaven

Overwatch

It was definitely unnerving, the fact that whistle survived in the air far longer than it should have in any regard. This entire situation was unnerving and downright creepy. She wasn't a fan. Nor was she a fan of being called a 'little red flower', that certainly wasn't her name or even an alias....nor was it going to be one anytime soon. As the girl creeped forward, Overwatch slowly stepped back, notched arrow still resting atop the string of her bow. If she could just keep her distance- or not. The bony girl slipped on in to wrap her arms around her, the mute unable to vocalize her obvious displeasure over the experience. Personal space, dammit, personal space! She wasn't sure why she was being told 'thank you', but she doubted it was anything good in the slightest. Glancing over her shoulder towards the castle that was slowly stirring with life she gave a long and slow, sad whistle as she worked to untangle herself from Isla's grip. It certainly shouldn't be that hard to get out of a bony young woman's grip compared to her own physique, and provided she was successful that arrow would be pulled back, bowstring taught as she leveled it with the woman before her first, and then the city behind her...back and forth a few times, unsure of what the real threat at the moment was.
imgbin-black-survival-character-model-sheet-concept-art-huntress-uVtvR7Tvy8sTYwbH60dMMjjT5.png

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Corvus

So far, the day could be considered a success! A little work done to help a small clinic that had it's hands full with patients, an impromptu surgery due to a mugging in an alleyway, and now she had a chance to have lunch date with her adoptive daughter. The soft tap tap tap of her cane could be heard on the concrete all the way until it completely came to a halt. The parking lot looked a right mess, like someone had been in a proper hurry to get moving and didn't care they'd removed someone's front bumper in the process. Making her way to the secure facility that Viona called her home she paused, staring at the woman in a full suit of armor at the front door. "Ah, pardon me, miss." Walking past the giant vampire with naught but a care, the plague doctor made her way into the building, not bothering to shut the door behind her to keep the vampire out. Given Arenike was lodging with Viona at this time, maybe she'd pulled some strings to have some assistance of some kind?

Whatever the case, such thoughts came to a screeching halt as she found Mark, one of the scientists, unconscious and with a large head wound. A slow sigh escaped her as she hastened her step, voice raising an octave to carry. "Arenike? Where's my daughter?" She wasn't sure where the vampire was, nor what had happened, but there needed to be a good explanation for all of this.
Corvus_Sketchy.png

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon
------------------

Virology Lab

As Viona crashed the car through the wall of the virology lab, the forty blaring alarms turned into forty one, the trio of virologists staring in shock, awe, and panic. "WHAT THE FUCK!?" One exclaimed, only for the wall to quickly be sealed by a large shutter slamming down, leaving three virologists with Viona who was currently groaning on the ground. "What were you thinking!?" "That's it. We're dead." mumbled one of the men, the others shaking their head. However, as Viona announced she was a 'hero' of some kind and immune to most disease the group perked up, the one in the blue virology suit stepped forward. "Oh uh...if you're here to help uh...I'm Doctor Rivers. About an hour ago, an individual who identified himself as Doctor Lance entered the building and started to work with us. His credentials and everything checked out, but since he showed up everything's been going nuts. The lab is considered a hot zone now, and we can't even go in there safely anymore with the suits. Alerts are basically screaming that every virus we had been studying and working on in the room is in the air. There's a cycling airlock I can take you to for you to enter, but that's all we can do for you."
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Natalie Brenton

Natalie kept her gaze on Darren for a few more moments before she gave low and long sigh, running her hands over her head and through her hair in frustration. One thing after another lately, dammit. As Darren spoke with Mason and explained the situation, Natalie took on a look that was unfamiliar for Darren to see from her. She looked every bit the child who got caught doing something they shouldn't have been doing and was about to get told off for it, suddenly finding her boot the most interesting thing in the room. As Adon announced she was the one who responsible for the resurrection of Mason a stifled groan could be heard in Natalie's throat, Agas finding the entire situation right hilarious and chuckling in the mindscape.

As Mason called her out Nat gave a muttered shite as she was put on the spot for discussion, eyes focusing on her now much younger mentor. "So, yea, lotta shite's happened since we last had a lovely conversation. Remember how you just kinda fucken left me hanging cause y'know, you were murdered? Well after I had all my ribs shattered and had the absolute piss kicked out of me, I was next on the chopping block. But as I was being beaten to a pulp, I heard a little voice in my head that...y'know, promised to give me the strength to get me out of that mess and get some proper justice for you and I...ah...said yes and didn't read the fine print" Natalie drifted off, muttering to herself as she couldn't bear to meet Mason's gaze. She had gone and broke the first lesson an exorcist had, don't let anything cohabitate with you. "Agas is the thing currently sharing a body with me. S'what's called a 'Spirit of Vengeance'. Sort of...angel's adjacent who were made from God himself....er, technically his Vengeance. Nahum 1:2 " The LORD is a jealous and vengeful God; the LORD is vengeful and strong in wrath. The LORD is vengeful against his foes; he rages against his enemies"? Yea, she's made from that bit specifically."

Natalie puffed out her cheeks, looking every bit uncomfortable as she was practically tattling on herself. "On the subject of needing to save God, far as I fekken know he's been missing since the resurrection of Christ and it's been Michael sort of standing in for administration, per the pissed off entity in my skull. But supposedly he's back and in some sort of bound or weakened state, so I have to use the pup and the ferret over there as divining rods to find him. And now you're back and I don't know whether to try to fekken try to deck you again, or go do my studies...That's part one for you, any questions."

PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Detective Marshall

Adam stared ahead at the Concept in front of him who was apparently...flirting with him, processing what was being explained to him. "With all due respect ma'am, whatever you all consider a game, I'd prefer to watch on T.V rather than my own backyard. Could make it pay-per-view if you want an audience, if I may offer the suggestion of such...Wait, what do you mean Death's guilt trip?" Before he could pursue that line of questioning a woman appeared, Adam giving a sloooow blink as the only response to the situation. A small nod of the head towards the new arrival, speaking in turn. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, ma'am. Wait, Wildcard...Wildcard...ah shit, wasn't aware he was here. I'm still filing the report for the last time he was in L.A and blew up a car shop."

It seemed the two Concepts...women...whatever the proper term may be, were engaged in a little spat at the moment, and he wasn't about to get in the middle of the two of them, only speaking when it was his turn in the round. "I actually feel quite comfortable, I appreciate the concern however. And yes, the term is detective with the badge. Detective Marshall, if you would please." Adam leaned back in his seat, arms folded across his chest as he glanced between the two women. "I'd much rather Death appreciate mortality than the latter, I suppose, yes. So Life and Death are in this room, and since you mention them I'd suspect War is nearby as well to some degree?" He paused, the sensation of a hand on his shoulder making him turn his head to take note of the gloved hand present. "You'd be correct in that assumption. May I ask why I was getting name-dropped? It's always easy to tell when you two are going at it." Adam gave a small sigh, muttering under his breath. "Gettin rusty." The redhead stepped to the side of the detective, hands resting in her pockets. "In fairness Death, just because I like dogs, does not mean I like dogs. You have a thing for the maniac. Gaia, may I ask what was the significance of you meeting with this particular mortal was? Thought you didn't like ruining happy marriages." "I actually asked Chutes if I could meet with her, given I was following a lead." "Wasn't aware we did QnA. Interesting."

proxy.png
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

James and Sato

A wheeze of pain escaped the blonde as the Katana was found firmly lodged in his gut, a trickle of blood running from the corner of his lips. "Think you missed my liver this time...appreciate it." "Shuttup, I know how to aim!" James slumped forward against the goddess who was content to keep him pinned on her katana, noticing the small woman was basically shaking where she stood. He turned his head to look over towards the male who had him captive, giving a groan of pain. "Oh, hi Vice...No no, I'm fiiiine, I'm good." James, most definitively, was 'okay' at best, 'not good' at worst. The goddess didn't even flinch as Vice swung the arm towards her, shoulders shaking as she replied, voice icy. "He'd have ordered me to at one point anyway, the dumbass." "That's...fuck, probably accurate. Desired results achieved, after all...I feel light-headed," he grumbled, a wheeze of pain escaping him as he was shoved off the goddess's katana and landed sprawled on his back, a crimson rose blossoming from his torso. Sato snapped her wrist, blood splattering the ground beside her as wind and rain worked to clean the sword in its own time.

"Didn't wanna bother you, had enough people on the field," he mumbled in reply to Vice's complaints, staring up at the storming sky for a moment before shutting his eyes, listening to the thunder overhead. "You worry too much, I'd have survived...probably. O.A resurrected someone from Sato's village, she was piss-" before he could further offer input on the situation he could only gag, breathing becoming infinitely more difficult as Sophia had one of her few rare moments of losing her temper, James eyes going wide as his lungs were deprived of oxygen in any sense. Sato looked towards the eldritch doll silently, quaking with either rage or something else as the eldritch doll perverted her storm. There was no whimper, no groan, not even as gasp as Sophia wrentched the soul from Sato's chest, the orb of light squirming and fighting against her. Though not to return to the body it belonged to, rather it seemed linked by a chain of some kind towards something in James bag at his hip.

Unsurprisingly, that something was the Grimoire, actively trying to drag the soul back into its wretched confines even as Sophia squeezed it to the point of bursting. A gurgle could be heard from James that one could assume meant Stop, but it was hard to tell given the sludge like feeling in his throat and lungs. As the soul was shoved back into the goddess's chest and things returned to normal, Sato dropped to her knees for a moment, shaking. Would she have survived Sophia actually crushing her soul, or would she have been bound to that Grimoire for a couple more centuries as it worked to piece itself back together? A choked noise escaped the woman before she slowly stood upright, adjusting her grip on her blade. "You said...he's alive? That he can regenerate?" The goddess shambled upright and towards the prone O.A member, taking a scene one could describe as something they'd see in a 'Yoko Taro' game, katana poised to stab down into the prone male, presumably several times.

Fumbling his hand above him he grabbed Sato's arm and yanked her back, forcing her off balance from the kneeling position. "Hey, would you chill? Thyris, can you get her? Or Vice?" Sato struggled upright again, shaking herself free of James grip. "Why are you stopping me!? He's still alive! He should be dead!" "Just...wait until we get some information, would you?"
Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Casey Kemp

Casey leveled a cold gaze with Sean as he asked once again for verification if he truly meant 'anything'. Unfortunately, the Merc wasn't about to repeat himself just for the boy to feel better. As Sean made his play, the 'gift' he'd gotten from Jewel made sure to allow him to retain his freedom of mobility. No sooner had Sean said 'I'll start now' was the merc rushing forward, stumbling for but a moment as the portal opened up where he had been but a moment ago, his foot falling through for a moment before he regained his footing. Darting towards Sean, casey balled his fist up before sending a blow towards his chest, a feinted attack. Sean could manipulate and view time, meaning he had to keep his actions varied and quick. So while the feinted blow was sent towards his chest, a swift chop was sent towards the base of Sean's neck from his free hand in an effort to wind and disorientate him.
5d9f509160e302f51f33865e1c6b04a6.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Rosemary Keaton.pngThe Keaton Household
The person who answered the door was none other than the matriarch of the Keaton household, Rosemary Keaton. She was wrapped up in a fuzzy black sweater, looking exhausted as per usual, and stared at Olivine for a looooong moment. When her appearance connected with her identity, which as the head of such an important superhero family she had to know about the cloaks, Rosemary groaned out a pained sigh.

"Come in," she grumbled, turning around and walking back inside to her kitchen island and her mug of eternal coffee. Rose took a swig of the beverage before she addressed her guest, "I'd say a pleasure to see you, but any time the cloaks are involved, it's not a pleasure." She sighed, "You're here about Chrysanthia, I'd guess? Had a dream about my daughter and her mentor. He had other things to work on for now. Poor girl's going stir crazy since she can't do hero work without a mentor."

"CHRYSIE! Come here!" she shouted as only a mother could. A few moments passed and Chrysie came rushing in.

"What?! You don't have to sho-Oh, hello," Chrysie said, slowing down as she saw the guest, "Nice to meet you. I'm Chrysanthia Keaton."

"Chrysie, this is Olivine. A member of The Cloaks. Do you remember what you learned about them?"

She nodded, "The 'Things that go bump in the night' kind of mages' group? We have a couple family members that joined them but they're picky.... right?"

"That's the basic gist, yes. Olivine you have my approval, so go ahead."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Olivine Carmine

Olivine pushed her glasses up just as the door was answered, gaze drifting down an inch or two to meet the eyes of the woman who had answered the door. "In many societies, it's considered impolite to stare, you know." It was a simple and somewhat dry remark, the woman offering a polite nod of her head at the invitation to come inside. "Thank you, I'll be right behind you." One foot after the other she followed after Rosemary, hands folded behind her back as they arrived at the kitchen island, looking around the kitchen silently before focus found her hosts' face once again. "Quite cheery, aren't you? Fair enough, I suppose. Yes, I'm here to meet your daughter." As the tell-tale call of a mother rang through the house, she watched the entryway for the arrival of Chrysie herself.

She honestly didn't have to wait long, the girl arriving in short order for whatever her mother was interested in discussing with her. Or perhaps just ready to get Olivine out of the house, even if that meant shoving Chrysie in her general direction in the process. "Well met, Miss Keaton. And thank you for your approval, Rosemary." Olivine took a few steps around the island to meet Chrysie face to face, a hand unfolding from behind her and offered to Chrysie. "I do believe I know a Keaton or two among us, yes. But it's always nice to meet a new face. As your mother said, I am Olivine Carmine, the current High Arbiter of the Order of Cloaks. Well, I suppose my title is 'Cosmic' Arbiter, but semantics all the same. As you may already know, we exist to keep the rest of reality safe. I will be quite blunt, things don't quite look sunshine and roses on the horizon, and with your Mentor gone on business, there's no one to train you properly. In the interest of the safe-guarding of L.A, I'd like to offer you a place as my student to further expand your skillset. Would you be interested in such, young miss?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Fay D. Fluorite
AKA Celesteon

1642467297740.pngOn the right track, but the question was how he was going to get to point A to point B without being tracked. He could use a spell to bend the light around him, but then the problem was visibility for himself due to how light itself worked and he’d have to keep it up continuously. The second was just to blast the block into a plume of smoke so none of their initial movements could be seen, but that was a sudden, large action that could not only catch the villain’s attention, but make them antsy enough to prematurely trigger the detonations. Of course, he could use Earth magick with his ring to just tunnel himself, but that had obvious issues concerning visibility – and it’d probably be worse than trying to refract light.

“I say we-”

Just before he started speaking, another presence was made aware to him well after he would’ve liked, and one of Ms. Miller’s other allies was on the scene. The both of them seemed to have somewhat different ideas for armor style, but that wasn’t important. They had three people on scene now including himself, so they had enough to divert to the explosives before dealing with the villain at-large.

“Right,” Fay restarted, his near-Alto tone shifting to something more concrete than it had been before. “We need to feint the Villain to think we are either diverting to gather reinforcements or that we have given up, allowing them to think they can toy with the PMC that are here. However, it would be best to feint the diversion so we can use the cover of the cityscape to get to our target areas unless the both of you can cloak yourselves.

“If you can,” he continued. “I suggest going into one of the buildings that might have been set up as an operations center, cloak, and move from there. If we can disable them simultaneously, it’d be best, but just in case…”

Rolling up one of his sleeves, Fay shook free his Shield Bracelet and stuffed it into his pocket. He’d have to keep his casting hidden to ensure an observer wouldn’t catch on before he nodded to and walked towards a building. Whether they followed or not was their decision, but if they did, he’d turn around to face them once deep into the room, and hold out a glowing charm to each.

“I’ve set a tracking spell on these,” he said after clearing his throat. “If you can’t deal with them immediately, I’d suggest marking them with these. Once I know the exact locations of each, I can trigger a spell to collect them and whatever they’re touching. Soon as they’re retrieved, we’ll need to dispose of them immediately, and then discern the location of the Villain.

“If I’m right, they’ll be at the center of it all to maximize the reach of the detonator they have. Still, I’m only an apprentice and I haven’t been trained in this yet, so if either of you have any better suggestions that’ll get this done more quickly, I’m more than open to suggestions.”

He'd kick himself for forgetting the gu- er, Arcane Focus he had been developing later. If the villain had cohorts, it was likely each of them were going to run into a squad protecting the ordinance until it detonated, and that in itself could make even the most well-laid plans all the more difficult for them.

Xasura
AKA: The Amazing Wolfspider!!!
Location: A parking garage!!! .... Thing.... Place.... Wow, this place sure is quiet.

1642469866333.png
And quiet for our young, new, freshly upgraded hero it was! The place was basically empty aside from the cars - well, okay, the place was meant for cars to stay while people went out to do their thing, but there was no scent of people. There was no lingering scent of cologne or perfume still lazing about in the air, nor was there any sound of footsteps or the honking of cars outside. The Scanner that was built into The Wolfspider's headset had said there was something going on here, but of course, the VI that was installed in it still adamantly refused to tell our brave, intrepid crime fighting pup just what was going on, as if thinking he would become bored if uninformed; but not for this young man with nerves of steel!

... Okay, he had to admit, he was off-put by the absolute stagnancy of the area, but if he tweaked the settings in his helmet - which he was still getting used to, he could hear very faintly the sounds of grown men and women barking orders and doing what police officers would do. Of course, he didn't know if the military did it the same way, but he knew a little about the police. Still, there was something here, and the elephant in the room that he wasn't addressing on purpose to string along anyone who was watching was the fact he could smell something.... Sinister.

Yeah, sure, it was lame to think of it like that. It was obviously something sinister because it was obviously something that a villain did, because obviously people would be around if there wasn't a villain on the loose. Of course someone didn't want to give him the intel on the situation since they predicted that he would grow bored if he wasn't told, but this was great! He could move around freely as he explored the area, and if he found something especially cool or maybe even devious, he might be able to deal with it! Or maybe he could just find the dastardly dude responsible for the sudden vacancy of people! And then he could save the day and Father Anderson could high five him for doing an awesome job - then they could go get pistachio ice crea-

Xasura cleared his throat and thumped his helmet with his fist. Now was not the time to get distracted by such silly things as pistachio ice cream! There was a villain afoot, and he had to find the villain! There was no time to deal with whatever else - he was sure that there were registered heroes on their way to deal with those things anyway, and someone had to stop the bad guy. It'd be The Amazing Wolfspider that saves the day today, and he was going to make sure of it!

Now.... If he was a villain, where would he go...? First, he had to get to the tallest point in the area to tell where they might be - get a lay of the land, and he was the perfect person for that! With a skipping start, Xasura dashed for the nearest ledge with a building nearby and kicked off hard, extending his left hand before letting loose a viper-fast string of adhesive that smacked against a windowpane. Another quick motion - a tug of both arms, and the adhesive webbing stretched hard before catapulting him high up past the top of the building and securely onto the southeast corner, where he hung from his hands for a moment before kicking himself up the ledge and over.

"I should probably take this more seriously - I'm a Hero!" Xasura excitedly whispered to himself, tapping his helmet once again before pacing along the ledge's lip. "Gotta find the bad guy before they hurt a lot of people.... I wonder if this thing has like... A thermal or x-ray vision kind of thing?"

Arenike was drinking a bottle of cherry kool aid with blood mixed in, she got up hearing a knock and the door, trudging over she opened it to see a vampire standing in the doorway. "uhhhhhhh" she looked at the brooch upon her neck and quickly realized, oh fuck, this was one of her old servants, that blood gem in it had a hidden spell that let Arenike see their name and occupation, Carinthia....Foot stool. "I'm so fucking dead" Arenike thought to herself as she had gone even more pale in fear. "H-Hello Carinthia, It has been.... quite some time" she said doing her best to keep herself from trembling in fear. But finally a savior arrived in the form of corvus, thank god she was here! Arenike was saved....Or not, as quickly her pale skin turned a ghastly white as she heard corvus question her. "uhhhh I-I think she said she was going out for a drive?" She asnwered with eyes of a puppy dog. She was fucking dead

Viona listened to the situation as she gave sighs of relief at the painkillers her suit pumped in her body. "Right. Right, so Most likely crazy scientist. Wonderful, Well luckily as far as I know not even covid or cancer works on me. Hell they fucking injected rabies in me and it didnt do anything. So lets do this." she said as she pulled out a combat knife. It was the only self defense this suit had with a blade. "take me to the door, oh ohhh and if a woman in a plague doctor mask asks.....I uhhh didnt crash the car. IT was a trap by the doctor" She said covering her bases before she trudged to the airlock, still about shaken from the crash.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Last edited:
mason2.pngMason and Peeps
Mason had a tight-lipped grimace on his face as he tried to make sense of everything. It was one thing after another. He couldn't even focus on one part! This was all insane. He responded to the simplest part of it he possibly could. His reciting was half-hearted, "Ephesians 4:29 Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." Mason sighed, rubbing his face, "Stop cursing so much, Natalie... even if all this... feels like it warrants such a thing."

He groaned loudly and sighed into his palms, "Okay. First of all. You know better than to make some contract with an entity. Even if it would have resulted in your death, you shouldn't have done that. You know that, though, and luckily this Agas is an agent of the Lord. So, it ended up as good as it could've... even if they're a being of vengeance."

"As for... saving... the Lord himself...," he sighed again, "I don't know what to say. That sounds... ridiculous. I suppose other gods might have been able to do such a thing to the Lord? I don't presume to know the sort of... power scale that would require. I will try to pocket my incredulity for the moment, as thinking too hard about this clearly won't get me anywhere. There's a job that needs doing, I suppose. So... these two are diving rods of sorts, you say?" Mason looked at Darren, then Tracy, sighing through his nose once again, "That must be why they need to remain as free of sin as they can. Yes?"

Darren looked away, feeling awkward since even Nat seemed to be bashful with this man, "Uh... yeah. Our bloodline was blessed by God a really long time ago... so... Apparently that's a pretty good link to them, which makes sense to use when it's... like... got all this stuff going on..."

"Yeah but I'd guess the part of God hiding in her noggin got worried we'd be a bit much for her alone, and heard you were a good teacher," Tracy added.

"Part of God hiding...," Mason muttered, looking back at Nat, "I... you... Natalie... Why? Just... Why is there a part of God in your head?"

c89ddae422050ef22c6a8e3eb3925c0b.jpg

IVORY
14724970839_28aa7d8e47_b.jpg

"Miserable weakling!"

"I'm nae juist a bawherr girl!"

"Did ye hear something?"

"Stop ignoring me! A'm family!"

"Anyone wha claims as muckle wid deserve it! Bit ye wouldn't ken anythin' aboot 'earning', wid you?"

"I wantae be lik' ye! juist let me huv a go!... Ah can...i kin be lik' you...!"

"Aw keek! th' wee vermin wants tae be a giant. Howfur adorable 'n' equally pathetic.... Ken yer steid, trash! Huv a go making yer trial whin ye'r taller than three feet! hahahahahaha!"

"You'll see...iIll shaw you! All you!"

--------------------------------
Ivory cracks her eyes open her eyes and looks at her clock. 7:20 AM. Ten minutes before she had to get up. She wanted more sleep but...She groans before forcing herself to sit up straight. She sighs before slipping her fingers under her pajama shirt and scratches her stomach. She looks around her dimly-lit dorm through her tired eyes. Her room was very tiny, having only a single bed, a dresser and a desk. Ivory walked over to her dresser, noticing that it was bare. She sighed before walking to her closet and opening it. In the closet were clothes and...Wear. Suitcases filled with clothes and other essentials. Ivory looked down at her two suitcases before turning her head. She hears the faint sound of her classmates next door, probably trying to sleep as well. She blinks and continues to scratch herself before she stands up and crosses the room. Her hands move from her to her stomach and start to explore her abdomen. She continues this motion, caressing her stomach before starting to massage it.

She doesn't have the energy to move or to do anything and yet she found herself on autopilot towards the bathroom. With her eyes now open she stares blankly at the wall before the tiles and the mirror. This is the last place she wanted to be. She fights a strong urge to throw herself back into bed, but still stands firm. Her eyes look tired, deep red. That's when her hands moves to her chest and starts to scratch. She takes her other hand and turns the nob to the hot water before dipping her hands in the near boiling water, making a makeshift bowl out of her hands and splashing it in her face several times. The pain slowly waking her tired brain up with each splash.

Chrysanthia Keaton.jpgKeaton Household
Rosemary just gave a soft “Mm” to most of Olivine’s comments. She knew she wasn’t particularly cheery. She was too damned busy and tired to be cheery. This was her norm… Damn it. She missed her husband. Being a widow sucked.

Chrysie took Olivine’s hand and eagerly shoo it, “A pleasure! Wow! High Arbiter is like… top dog, isn’t it? That’s really cool! You really want to teach me??? Of all possible choices?” She grinned wide, “I definitely accept. Just know… I’m quite stubborn. And I’m too strong for my own good. I ask a lot of questions. I’m really nosy and curious about everything. Plus I’m mostly a ‘Will Caster’ which is kinda rare.”

“Her power output is directly correlated with her willpower,” Rose explained, sipping her coffee, “Not that I need to tell you that, I guess. I’m the same way… which is… I mean, it’s great, most of the time. Depression or anxiety about things hits much harder for us, though. It literally makes us weaker. That’s why I tell her it’s important to not only train her will casting but her basics as well.”

“Yes, Mommmm. I know,” Chrysie whined, “So! Miss Olivine, Cosmic High Arbiter, when do we start? I know tons of theory! Oh oh oh! You could test me! I can show you how good I am! I wanna impress you!”

Last edited:
sean2.jpgSean
One of the worst parts about looking at the timestream was being unable to change what was coming your way. Not being quick enough. So despite SEEING that he was going to get whacked in the throat, he couldn’t get his hands up in time.

Sean gagged and coughed and wheezed, doubling over from the hit. He held a hand against his throat. Fuck. Shit. Move. Move. He couldn’t understand why the time dilation didn’t work, but he wasn’t… completely surprised. Honestly, this man was terrifying. If anyone could stop it, why not him? A trinket or a counterspell maybe? Did it matter?

Something that would get him out of line of sight… Teleport! His balance was way off, but Sean suddenly vorped from in front of Casey to behind him, ten feet off. He fell to his ass, coughing more. His voice was hoarse, “Damn it…” Sean was so tired of this shit today. So fucking tired of it. He was sore. Now his throat hurt like a bitch. His crush was in the family of a psychopath. Today sucked.

Sean didn’t bother with standing back up. It would take too much time with this monster. He held his hand palm out toward Casey. “I hate this power,” he muttered, quiet enough it definitely wasn’t directed at Casey, but not so quiet that the two couldn’t hear him. The surge of heat that rippled through him made him want to close his eyes. He didn’t, and the glow of energy that consumed his eyes blazed with the cracked appearance of a drought-stricken reddish ground. His hand for a moment flickered as a portal appeared for a second, but it just as swiftly pulled backward over his hand and wrist, coating his skin in the same otherworldly and deathly glow.

Casey would be able to see the conflict on Sean’s face. The boy struggled with such a strong power. The small portal had no reason to stop at his wrist, save for his own confidence. That much was clear even to someone without arcane knowledge. The kid had no self-confidence. His hand was shaking, “F-fuck I don’t actually want to u-use this against you… I don’t know how much it’d hurt you… or the house… I didn’t think about that before I did this…”

Last edited:
vice.pngVice
"Holy... crap... eldritch things can be kinda hot...," Vice mumbled under her breath, shaking her head to clear it. She was unbothered by the mental assault, unlike others seemed to be. Right... riiiight. That was something most mortals dealt with when involved with eldritch beings. Vice stared at the broken body that Sophia once inhabited and stood back up from James. "Okay," she said loudly, "Sato, refocus. Go to your kid. We can handle this. You aren't stable, and I'm pretty sure they need you more than... this mess does. SO... Bye."

Vice held a hand out and sucked James and the OA man both into the communal book area, leaving Thyris, Sato, and that demon girl to figure their shit out.

She helped settle James on the couch, and patted his shirt clean of blood with a small magical flourish of prestidigitation, "I can sew the hole up later if you want, James. I'm not the best at sewing, but I can try at least." Vice turned her focus onto the unconscious man, "If he's in here, which... was much easier to do thanks to him being unconscious... then... well... you're basically the god of the grimoires, owner of them. He can be questioned in here. You make the decisions." Vice walked up to the man, turned him over, and tied him up with a rope that appeared in her hands as she continued to speak.

"I'm frustrated too, you know. Even if I don't really know you yet. Even if it's for mostly selfish reasons. You actually want to free me. To free all of us. I want that... so much... despite being so much better off than most of the others you have here. I am forced to protect you, and I WANT to protect you. I don't want to be forced to hurt someone that's having an emotional breakdown because you were too stubborn and kind to want to call me. I don't like fighting, but if calling me might help avoid a fight, please don't hesitate to do so. I'm neither going to hit on you, crush you, stab you, or... whatever else you've become accustomed to," she sighed, "I'm making a new body for Sophia. I was doing it just to be nice since hers seemed to be breaking. I'll hurry up working on it now since that mess happened."

Indeed, there were bits of body parts strewn across a corner of the communal area. They were in a messy array, partially worked on, an arm here, a few toes there, part of a skull under a hip bone.

death1.pngConcept Convergence
"I owed Chutes a small favor," Gaia said with a shrug to War, "Hi."

"Oh. Hi War. I do have a small thing for him, yes, but... it's just... I don't know," she puffed her cheeks, by far looking the most 'human' of the three, "I am allowed to feel a bit guilty."

Gaia shrugged again, "Anyway. I decided to humor the request and meet the detective. He's pleasantly sturdy and nice to talk to, I've found. So I told him of our little game planned. Oh, and how I resurrected a few people."

"I really hate what the OA are doing," Death grumbled, plopping down into the couch beside Adam, "Stealing that many souls, creating so much disorder... I really appreciate you managing to recover even just three of those souls I've lost, Gaia."

Gaia gave her the sweet smile of a proud sibling, "I've got your back. Their methods make it a pain, though."

"They just want so much energy. Souls have that. It's a damned good way to piss me off, though," Death fussed with the hem of her dress, "They want to blow the entire county off the map, Detective Adam. All of Los Angeles. They're collecting so much energy... have been collecting it... for a massive bomb. Something that makes any of your tsar-whatevers look tiny. None of us like annihilation. Even War - after all, that stops conflict. And I'm fond of mortals and the cycle of life and death. I don't just want everything to die! Hell, even if I was a total monster and wanted that, it'd just make a ton of work for me."

Virology Lab

The group of scientists glanced between each other, not entirely sold by Viona's 'assessment' of the situation. Was this...actually someone could help? Immunity to disease did not make a hero. Then again, what better options did they have? No one could walk into the virology room, basically hotboxed with every disease they had in storage by now. "I'm sorry, did you say a Plague Doctor?... Whatever, fine, come with me." Doctor Rivers led the girl over to the airlock, gently motioning her inside. With a swipe of his keycard the door slammed shut behind her. " Please standby, we'll decontaminate you in just a moment." The automated voice spoke in an exhausted secretarial voice as the airlock cycled. As the interior of the lab opened up, Viona had a chance to read an electronic alarm that said 'Red alert, all seals broken' once in English, and then cycling through at least fifteen other languages to get the damned point across. Standing in the middle of the lab was a taller individual, a male mixing a beaker together and humming to himself. "I told the Witchdoctor I was in love with you~. I told the Witchdoctor I was in love with you~. And then the Witchdoctor he told me what to do~. He said that-" The doctor who was busy mixing something spun around, eyes landing on Viona. "Oh hello there! Here to help out with a new study of mine?"
latest.png

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Viona whistled a little tune as she waited for the decontamination. entering the lab she looked around before sighting the man. He seemed to be busy, yet unphased by all the toxins in the air. She wasnt really a scientist.... hell she hadnt even taken highschool.... she got her GED tho. That was nice, but anyway, this dude didnt really scream, evil scientist. "honestly I was expecting some bald due with robot limbs or like.... a metal eye.... No offense dude but.....Kinda mundane...." she said aloud without thinking as she dropped her guard. "uhhh Hey, I'm Viona, the lab dudes asked me to check out why all the alarms are blaring and shit. Uhhh, you evil?" she asked as she kept her distance. looking around for anything that might clue this idiot in on what was going on. "So uhhhh can you give me an evil monologue? I cant really understand all this science stuff through visual cues alone" Viona asked rather laxilly. She was a bit too calm, she was in armor that could take a hell of beating, And she was basically immune to all toxins so what did she have to worry?

Olivine Carmine

At Chrysie's excited blur of commentary Olivine only offered a calm nod in response, her free hand going to her glasses to adjust them but a bit. "You are correct. The High Arbiter is the individual responsible for leading the Cloaks in all matters, and has the final say in all decisions. Yes, I desire to teach you, of all possible choices. I am content with this decision." Olivine withdrew her hand after the handshake, listening intently as both mother and daughter continued to chime in. "I think you will find me your equal match in all regards you have listed, Miss Keaton. If anything, you have listed many of the reasons that make you an ideal apprentice for one of my station."

Olivine cast a somewhat bored look towards Rosemary as she gave an explanation where none was truly needed, attention drifted back to to the younger Keaton. "A few things. Miss Carmine is an acceptable way to address me to be formal, or Olivine if informal. My title in the field of duty is Cosmic Arbiter, please utilize it. It ultimately would make no difference if you called me by my name even in the field as I do not hide my identity, but it does not hold as much weight in many aspects as my heroics title. Beyond that, you may be content to know that neither you nor I will be harassed by the media as long as you are under my tutelage, despite that fact." Olivine gently tapped her index finger to her lips in thought, nodding. "A test would be ideal. With me, then." Olivine raised a hand, gently twirling her index finger in the air before her as a shimmering portal opened behind Olivine, an image of the Seattle skyline from atop a skyscraper visible as she started through the portal. "Don't dally now," she commented, gently trailing her other hand from her collarbone and down her side. Where that finger travelled a blur of energy could be seen overtaking her form, her entire attire changing in but an instant as she turned around to wait on the young girl, reaching up to collect her glasses and put them away in a pocket.
ddq5wc6-68fbb5fa-4eef-4d8f-9e19-0e62bec9478b.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back