• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Sherm ded gf.pngJewel and Avro
Avro sighed, walking out of the changing room, "Ah that's much better. Still feel like my fingers are trying to fall off, but I'll thaw eventually." She gave Sherm a sweet smile and stepped up to him, cupping his face to give him a doubly sweet kiss, "You are amazing. I can't imagine how much you've missed me. I'd have just about lost my mind if I had to go... oh... any amount of time without you. You're my other half." She kissed him again, long enough she had to come back up for air before she finally relented and pulled away from his lips a little, though her face was still close.

"You have heroes coming to handle something, yeah?" she asked, having overheard, "We should go handle that. I'm fine. I'll be right next to you, okay? The sooner we handle that, the sooner we can try to relax and figure out... what happened to me." She paused at the end. She knew what happened. Kali happened... but the second part of what happened was a mystery. Getting resurrected was a mystery. They needed to figure that out... and probably run at least a thousand tests on her to make sure she was actually okay. Aside from panic broiling under her skin, she felt okay, but who knew what that robed man had planned for her.

Jewel followed Secretary, motioning for Chrysos to do the same, "Kid, don't touch anything they don't tell us to touch, got it? I don't have enough money to pay for shit you might break." She had nothing else to say as they followed up the elevator and listened to her shpeal. Typical super-intelligent shit. They just couldn't help themselves. They seemed to get an idea in their heads and got an itching to make whatever it was they thought up. She didn't know a lot about all that crap, to be honest. She wasn't a tech hero. She was, however, already here, so she figured she may as well do what she can.

And yes, the place was super cool looking and shit, but Jewel looked practically bored as she glanced around the room. As though this mass of amazing technology was of no interest to her. "So... this data that was stolen wasn't a false herring?" she asked, "Sounds like after this you guys need to up your security measures... though by the looks of things you have tons of physical measures. Maybe digital measures? I'm surprised it didn't fry the hacker's computer and or fob. Isn't that like... a normal thing?" She sighed, "Anyway, was this done digitally over distance or at a physical location? You made it sound like they were actually in the server room, which in that case I'd like to go there and see if I can't sniff out a trail."

Jewel didn't even look at Chrysos, but with the fancy-ass weaponry around and his propensity for all things sharp or violent, she had a good guess that he was already eyeing a few, "Chrysos... Do not touch. Eyes only. Got it? And no stealing shit either."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Trevor Weiland / Skeleton
Streets of LA

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

O-Hey!” The start of his sentence was cut off as he was lifted into the air. The tug at his pants was uncomfortable but he squirmed in the alien’s grip, a brief frenzy of confusion and panic overtaking him. His gym bag bumped against his back as he was hoisted in the air and he felt and then heard his umbrella hit the wet sidewalk with a clatter. His fresh coffee slosh out of the cup, a little splattering in his arm. He managed to desperately keep it from being spilled completely or dropped.

No! No, no, no!” The alien’s tongue touching his neck made his squirm much more and he used his left hand to try and push it away, making a face of panicked disgust as his hand made contact. “What’re you doing?” Trevor’s voice became a little louder as he tried to get the creature’s attention. As the tongue crept too close to comfort to his now open mouth Trevor clamped his mouth shut, staring at the thing with wide eyes and frantically thinking of how to deal with his current predicament. He wasn’t sure what it was doing but he didn’t feel very comfortable being in the air and licked. He just hoped he wasn’t being viewed as a milk bone.

Okay, hey, how about this?” Trevor moved his free hand to block his mouth as he spoke. “How about you put me down and we go someplace a little less….public? Like maybe whatever spaceship you came in? Do you have a home? Family? Handler?” People were staring still and the crowd had only grown as Trevor had started his interaction with the alien. It was apparent now that the alien wasn’t capable or desiring to speak. It seemed pretty animalistic in the way it behaved. Which meant he had no clue on how to proceed. And he didn’t want to use his powers in public like this, especially in case the creature became less curious and more aggressive. Still, perhaps it would give him the distraction he needed.

He kept the spare chicken bones in his pockets usually, but since he had worked out he had left them at home. So if he was going to do anything he needed to use his own. But he wanted that to be a last resort. He could withstand injuries as well, not that it was pleasant. But atleast the thing would have a harder time just killing him than any of the other random bystanders now watching with their phones out. The only problem with using his powers was that the creature would smell his blood and bones and that might spur a less than desired reaction. So he would need to be careful if he did anything.

Kali

Panzer calmly opened the door to Muse. "good morning dear. Please come inside. Its very dreary outside." she gently pulled Muse inside handing her a towel. "please take off your shoes. I dislike making the cleaning service wipe up mud." she added using another towel to dry Muses hair. "actually. I have a small mission for you. You said your music could induce emotions. Correct? recently I rescued one of that vile villain Mr. Ammos minions. She has been traumatized into lacking emotion... I would like to see your music try to help her" She smiled stopping one muses head was dry. She expertly gave a motherly smile, the uncanny valley gone as she used her near perfected imitations of emotions. "please follow me. She is currently resting in my room after our fight. I have started calling her cassie." she explained gently taking muses hand and leading her through the mansion to her room. Showing her to Cassie who was still sitting on the bed. "Cassie, this is Muse. She is going to try some abilities on you. Is that alright." her eyes were filled with worry and sympathy as she sat next to her. wiping the bloodied hand mark off her cheek and stroking her hair. To muse this would truly seem like kali was a woman who showed motherly love to all. To doll, this would seem a complete 180 of how she was before.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Eden Tanner / Bloodhound
Pursuing Gas Station Robber

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne / Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

After she had shot the counter Eden had taken a moment to gather the spent casing and tuck it into her discard pouch. Then she watched as the newcomer made their entrance. Eden’s temper was beginning to flare as she lay prone with her rifle, both covered with a weather tarp from her gear but still shivering with cold. Eden despised being wet and cold and she was currently both things. And it didn’t help that the rain had picked up and the noise was first of all deafening and because of that interfering with her ability to listen in on the gas station. But she managed to catch enough. The hero that had shown up was familiar but Eden couldn’t place her right away. The hero was undoubtedly a woman, and a very conspicuous woman at that, she had a flashy bike and a really cool helmet and she carried herself very distinctly. And it wasn’t until Eden managed to catch snippets of her speaking - actually singing - that recognition occurred.

Curious now and willing to ignore the pattering of rain beginning to soak through the jacket Eden shifted her weight, using the scope of her rifle so she could focus her hearing. It didn’t take long for things to happen quickly and Eden lurched back as the robber fled, sending everyone to the ceiling. With practiced rapidity Eden broke down the rifle and stowed it and it’s jacket before sprinting off in the direction of the fleeing telekinetic. She saw the hostage with her as she exited the door and gave a huff. She wasn’t sure if the hero - Silverblade - had gotten out of the gas station already or not but that wasn’t her biggest concern now. She had to pursue the criminal. Because of the rain the scent wasn’t going to be at all possible and the rain was loud enough that sound wasn’t helpful. She’d had to rely on sight so she needed to stay as close to her as possible. And she wanted to stay out of range.

And as she drew closer she saw a blur of a person rush past and watched as she intercepted the purple villain. Startled, Eden skidded to a slick halt, losing her balance. While she recovered she quickly grabbed for her firearm, preparing to jump in if she needed to. She felt rather useless though, given that Silverblade had covered it pretty well. But Eden wasn’t one to back down and she’d been there first. She didn’t care if the hero got the catch or credit, but Eden wanted a piece of the action. So she sung it over her shoulder and crouched down, watching from a low overhang of a building just a little ways behind them. As she sat in the rain after the short sprint her seething dislike of the circumstances caught up with her and she bit back a shiver with a quiet groan. She sort of hoped Silverblade would solve the problem quickly so she could go dry off. But she kept her scope trained on the unfolding action before her, ready to intervene herself if she saw the opportunity. The hostage was an unstable variable which needed fixing, and she was tempted to do something about that. Especially given that the rain would interfere with not just her ability but her marksmanship. Perhaps if she could sneak in and grab him and get him to safety while Silverblade dealt with the telekinetic it would work out well.

Eden rolled her eyes at herself and her new rush of heroics, but found herself moving regardless of her dislike of such action. She would have to see if Silverblade had the villain under control first though but she could get into a good position to run by and grab the hostage. And let the hero deal with the telekinetic, Eden wasn’t going to get herself into that mess!

Muse.jpgMuse and Cassie
"Yes ma'am!" she squeaked, blushing as Panzer helped dry off her hair. She kicked off her shoes without comment or concern and just listened to her mentor. Her lips turned down into a concerned frown as her brows knit, "Oh no! Oh my gosh, that's awful. It's so good of you to take them in like this. Of course, I'll try to help! It's the least I could do. Cassie sounds like a wonderful name. I hope she's alright... I've heard awful things about that supervillain..."

She hurried along to the room she was guided to and indeed on the bed sat Cassie. The woman looked at Kali, then at Muse, and nodded, "Of course, miss. Anything you'd like her to do, I don't mind."

For Muse, this unnaturally calm demeanor was unsettling. She could see why he called the women he had taken "dolls". That's what they were reduced to. She tore her eyes from her to look at Panzer once again, "Miss Panzer? My singing will affect you too, okay? I just don't want it to take you by surprise. I'll... um... Let's see... I'll go for joy. As pure and strong as I can. She... probably could really use a bit of joy right about now. Like... the feeling of a hard-fought victory. Of finding your lost pet. Of... achievement, I guess. Fulfillment of one's desires. Just... joy."

She said it partially to cement her goal for herself before she turned back to Cassie, "I hope my singing won't bother you too much, and that you feel better soon, Cassie." She began to sing and a voice that one would not expect from her tiny frame came forth. She was a different person, suddenly. Her voice was butter, smooth and light... pure. The best that either of them would have heard without a doubt. Then there came the effect of it. Joy. Unadulterated... like a drug, a shock to the system, especially for the two before her that were dry as a desert when it came to feeling anything.

Considering that she was trying to help this woman, she decided it was best if she went all-out. As she sang, light blue glyphs began to spark to light and drift around the room like wisps dancing to her tune. This increased the effect of her music.

Cassie was crying silently in the bed as she sang, shaking like a leaf in a storm with her hands cupping her face, but she was smiling. The tears were ones of, well, joy. This was the first time she had felt true happiness in... years. She wanted it to never end and didn't want to make a sound, scared it might interrupt her. As the song did come to an end, however, the effect dimmed to a background hum. Still there, for sure, but less intense. Cassie was shocked to silence still, even when it came to an end. There were no words that could capture what just happened, for her.

Muse let the quiet hang in the air as the glyphs faded out of existence before she finally spoke, "The... um... effect should last a few hours or so... I hope this helped somehow. M...Miss Panzer? What do you think? Did you like it?"

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Bells
She was already getting a little tired of the crazy that was Pydir. She had a weird sort of cute to her but... ugh... man was she annoying and had a screw loose. James spoke again and she laughed, “Oh honey no. It’s been ten years since their attack and then they up and disappeared without a trace. They’re just now coming back. The anniversary is in two months or so, a little less, so that’s when everybody bets they’ll strike again.”

“If that’s your time limit then I guess you won’t be stuck here for too long, huh?” She teased with a smile, then looked to Pydir. James was obviously uninterested in her, but maybe the crazy chick could swing her way? There’d be spikes to contend with but... eh. She liked it rough from time to time.

“Well... if any of your girls would like a... bit of a stress relief... I’m game for some bedroom twister,” she purred, grinning wide at Pydir, “Even you, Spike. You look like a fun ride.” Like the flip of a switch, she sighed and changed subjects again, “But yeah no. No clue where to start. There were people resurrected recently so I guess you could start there? Or uh, some hero chick fought an OA member yesterday. You could find her. Name’s SoulFlare. From what I’ve heard though she’s not so fond of bad deeds so be careful of that if you aren’t clean.”

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Velocity

Dash this way, return, dash this way again, return. Over and over the process repeated, that is until Machina reached out a hand to grab her shoulder. If Velocity wasn't looking towards her in that instant, her grab would have worked. Unfortunately, when someone moved incredibly fast at all times, so too did their brain and reaction speed...so all it took was a quick sidestep so she was on the other end of Machina, looking at her face all the same. "To be fair, if anything can catch me, we're already screwed. You have a point about traps..but I wasn't going that far. Just a couple feet ahead and back. " She raised her hands up behind her head in a nonchalant fashion, despite eyes continuing to dart around to soak in their surroundings. "You're forgetting the horror movies where one of the heroes appear to die, only to come in at the finale. This goes in multiple directions. But alright, I'll stop darting. Let's just not walk at such an achingly slow pace. Don't doubt that my head is on straight though. Just because I quip doesn't mean I'm not thinking. Honestly, if I ever STOP quipping, then that's cause for concern."

Grinding to a halt as she finally saw the spirit who...honestly didn't give the feeling of a child, she awkwardly shifted from foot to foot, before slipping into a shuffle again. Alright, so safe bets that was the cause of the mist, and if Machina was right, they were here until they settled this. "Ignore the kid? No, probably best we investigate. Ignoring her may as well be putting a giant 'kick me' sign on our backs as we walk away. She's obviously noticed us, she's waving. If she's the cause, and we ignore her, we run the risk of angering her. And since there's too many variables to analyze in our current situation, best choice is to approach it headfirst...slowly." An uncomfortable noise escaped her as she said 'slowly', she hated the idea. She was already borderline ADHD, moving slow was painful in any aspect. "I'll just...stay here. You go chat, see if you can't learn anything. I won't go anywhere. But let's approach this with a level head. Sometimes the ghost in the movie is more of the guy trying to warn you about the giant monster in the basement. And people usually jump the gun and exorcise the poor thing before it can even warn them."
Osuka Osuka Deathkitten Deathkitten

Detective Marshall

Adam puffed out another cigarette and ran through the process of stowing away the garbage to light another. Not even five minutes and the madman was on his third cigarette. Was it cheating to be using a contract to keep him safe from the carcinogenic effects? Probably. Did he care? Nope. "It's alright, take your time. I don't fancy myself as strong, I can still be shot or beat to death. I just don't get shaken." He listened to her speak silently, puffing away slowly. Slowly approaching her he rested a hand on her shoulder, giving it a soft pat. "Cult, eh? No problem then, I've busted more than my fair share of em. I've got your back kid...just give me a second. I'm gonna do something, don't run off. After this, we'll get you patched up."

Taking one last long drag off his cancer stick and blowing smoke towards the sky, he stared dead ahead of him, taking a slow breath. A mental switch flipped as he reached out to the contract with the render of veils, and began to tear back the fabrics of time to stare into the past.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

El Porto High-Security Prison, 30 minutes since explosions

Gunshots cut the air, over and over again, mingled with curses and screams of pain. The entire area outside of the prison looked like a warzone, a barricade of police cars and SWAT vans having been made. It looked like several precincts had arrived to stall the escapees. Men and women in blue and figures in full tactical SWAT gear stood behind the wall of vehicles, trading fire from pistol and semi-automatic weapons towards the convict's position. The convicts had erected hasty barricades, firing at the police and SWAT with weapons obviously looted from the prison armory. At this point, anyone still alive in the prison who didn't live in a jumpsuit was either dead, or captured as a hostage...this included the warden, a few guards who were barely alive, and the entire prison medical staff. The convicts had looted the armory dry, and that included guard bodies. Sporting body armor, weapons, and tactical grenades, the police were putting up the best fight they could...but they were losing against the seemingly endless horde of prisoners. The longer it took to get them all subdued, the more that would be released by their mates from prison. The giant holes from the original explosions had ceased to smolder, leaving the way in and out of the prison free of use.

Further back behind the barricade of vehicles were a couple of ambulances, with EMT's working their damndest to stem bleeding or getting men and women ready for evac. Horrifyingly enough, no hero's had arrived on the scene yet. A couple of policemen were in aposition near a radio, shouting into it. "We need help, any heroes, please respond! The break at the El Porto Prison is escalating, we have men and women down! We need help!" A shout of 'Incoming!' could be heard from the barricade as a Molotov flew overhead, causing the police to scatter out of the way.
Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Anomaly
She was quiet, watching him do his work as he called to his contract. She felt her insides stir... she wanted to do that. She wanted to hold a contract. She wanted to play. Ugh... she looked away, muttering to herself something about behaving. As Adam looked back into time, it became clear quickly what had happened.

She was telling the truth. A cult had been behind her creation. A crazed woman serving as her “mother” as their patron served as the “father”. She died, of course, in a rather bloody scene surrounded by joyous, far-gone cultists. The father watched on in a weakened state - Adam would know he was currently imprisoned but that would hardly make him useless - none other than Yog-Soggoth, who was entertained to relive with much more success the Dunwich Horror events.

Despite this... he was anything but a caring father and left soon after, disappearing into nothingness. He left the cultists to do as they please, which in the case of this little anomaly was to chain her up and toy with her, experiment on her for years. She was very powerful, to be expected of such a lineage, but she was also very young and far more human in mentality than her other eldritch cousins. One fleeting gift of her mother, one might suppose. That is not to say that she would not make a meal of some of the cultists, however - which she did on her way out as part of her escape.

After escaping, she wandered for a short time, and now here she was, confused and as exposed as a raw nerve.

Tristan Industries

Sherm hugged her tight." Yeah, we had a break in. But, are you okay? do I need to take you to the hospital or anything? You may have got hypothermia or something." Sherm was being a worry wort as he was blushing from the kisses. "they probably went up to the abyss lab first like i told them to. They can access PDAs that may look at the files some. Lets go to the server room, Well be able to meet up with them from there." he said taking her hand softly to an elevator and swiping his key-card. The elevator going down to a large server room. Opening up to show lots of workers trying to help the fallen power armor guards. The armor was in lock-down mode so they were trying to fix them without taking the armor off. "attacks right to the back power supply..." Sherm muttered looking at the scene.

Sae_full.png"relax. I wont touch anything." chrysos said before staring at the large lab. He tried not to look impressed but damn was it impressive. Listening to the spheal then jewels questions he kept looking at a strange knife. the blade of it looking blue. "We understand we are lacking in the technical security department. however, Sherm requested it be like this in the occasion that all people with clearance to go to the abyss lab die. Mankind will still be able to access the files of the drive in emergency. If you want to look at the scene of the crime. Please follow me to the elevators again." she said walking past. chrysos "boy. Do not touch the knife if you wish to leave this building alive" was all she added as chrysos whistled some quickly walking away from the table. When they got in the elevator she handed both of them tablets. Having basic info on the vehicles in the drive. but no schematics. "we are currently investigating electronic history of the servers to try and figure out which files were copied. In the meantime. please look over these and determine what you to believe the highest value targets were." she asked as the long elevator trip began. and when it finally did they met with the same scene as sherm and avro, Except sherm helping to fix up the power armor soldiers. "Also, this is miss Avro. She has just been revived today, You are a wizard if I recall the news. Would you examine her Please?" Secretary asked.

shield.jpgDarren, Sarah, and Jupiter
Darren stuck his tongue out at Natalie. He was joking, but he definitely felt like an awful joke. A joke to his family. A joke of a villain even when he was categorized as one. "Yeah let's not test the eating my soul thing," he teased, "I wouldn't want you to get indigestion, after all."

Sarah snickered at the thought, "No no. No soul-eating. Even if that wouldn't kill you, I feel like it would definitely be unpleasant for all parties involved. If hellfire doesn't hurt you, that means you've got some sort of soul-based protection either separate or linked with the physical protection. That's a unique sort of thing. We might not be able to gobble you up anyway." She grinned, finding the thought hilarious. Like chewing on a rock or something. Or hell, even worse, chewing on a puppy statue. She laughed again just thinking of it.

None of the events sounded particularly interesting, so she just sighed after Natalie finished listing them off, "I guess the resurrection sounds interesting. It sounds like a popular sort of event though. Not exactly our style, if I'm not mistaken. Prison might be neat... but uh... even Sathias would have a hard time behaving herself there. That's just asking for a big news kerfuffle... and a lot of dead prisoners that were already paying for their sins with time behind bars. And for the group... mm... I guess we could. I guess I'm just not feeling it right now."

Jupiter looked askance, "Well... Yeah, you're not wrong... rezzing sounds much more my speed now that I've been rezzed myself... There are probably so many going on that we don't even know about yet. There's not much to do though. There's no reason for the OA to stick around afterward, given the track record so far. If anything's new, it'll come out soon enough. Like you guys, I'd much rather punch something in the face - with magic, but still. We can always wait for more to come up. I mean, this is LA... never a dull moment."

She continued, "So, hey Natalie. Does SoulFlare have any losses? Like an archnemesis or whatever? I always love hearing about them. It makes me a little sad that mine is probably not alive anymore. I think they died fighting the OA. I remember seeing them at one point in the fight... I'll have to look into that. Sarah here was away on business at the time, if I remember right."

"Right fucking pissed me off to miss it, too. Overseas or not."

Jupiter gave her a small smile, "Yeah... well I'm happy at least one of my friends survived. A double-edged sword, that."

Darren was futzing around on his phone again while everyone else talked.

Mam
them
We're on the jet. Your Tad and Ewythr want to message you. Make sure you answer them. They just have some questions.
me
Ok... I will.
them
Love you. We're looking forward to seeing you again soon.
me
Love you too, Mam. I missed you too.

Tad
them
Will we be expecting you and your "mentor" at the airport?
me
Yes sir.
them
Good. I'll send you the itinerary. Don't be late and please come dressed like a professional.
me
Yes sir... I'll try to.
them
Good. Now then, your Ewythr and I are concerned. We've come to understand that you've been involved in villainry, but now there's a wrench in the system. We were so proud, but we hardly want this woman to get in the way of your progress. She will need dealt with, Darren. You understand this, yes?
me
Yes sir... but she's very kind to me. I don't want her dealt with at all.
them
After a bit of research, we've come to find out she's a Spirit of Vengeance. She even works in the UK. Do you really think she'll be so kind to you once she understands the nature of our powers? Once your own show themselves?
me
I... could still not end up with your powers...
them
Well I would certainly hope you do. After your chwaer's failure... I need at least one child that can take up my mantle in the future. I hope your vain sense of morals fades when you get them as well. Darren, there are no other options. She needs to be dealt with. She has to die. I'd much prefer it to be by your hand. Also, after seeing a picture of you... you do realize your mam and I am going to have your hair cut. Yes?
me
Yes sir...
me
I... she shouldn't have to die. I'm not going to kill her. Not only am I unable to, she's way too strong, but I don't want to!
them
You may be able to get away with such backtalking while I'm away, but I assure you that's going to change very soon. I will see you at the airport.
me
Yes sir... sorry sir.

Ewythr Cianán
them
Hey buddy. Been a while, huh?
me
Yeah...
them
Your dad's just salty, don't mind him. Chat with me for a bit, will you? I heard you got into villain work, is that true?
me
Kinda... just theft, mostly.
them
Hey, everyone starts somewhere. You know, with a spirit of vengeance as your mentor, you'll probably have to kill, even as a hero?
me
Maybe... but at least then I know it had to happen... that they deserved it.
them
That's the spirit. Five years ago, you probably would have said you'd never be willing to kill for any reason! Look at my little nephew, my little nai. You're growing up so fast! You're starting to understand how cruel the world is. When you take that first life... it's gonna be a turning point. It feels so... refreshing. If you get your father's powers before that, then you'll understand it even more. Like a brownie... it's so hard to stop at just one.
me
Uncle you're being creepy again... I don't want the family powers.
them
Unfortunately it's not a choice... and bud... your mentor works with Heaven directly. That spirit or angel or whatever she's connected to will take huge issue with me, your dad, you... everyone. I know you don't want us killed.
me
I don't want anyone killed!
them
I know, I know. Look... I'll try to behave while I'm over, alright? No sense causing undue drama with the lady. It'll be good to see you again though. We missed your sappy face.
me
Missed you too...
them
Gotta go. Your mam's winning against me at chess. If she beats me this bad I'll never live it down! Ttyl.
me
See ya later.

Chwaer
them
Going out! Love u. See u later. Better save me dinner!
me
Where are you?
me
Sis?
me
You're usually home like an hour ago... I'm worried.
me
Sis? Helloooo? I saved you dinner you butt.
me
Sis...?
me
...so... I don't know what to say. I know you're dead. I know I won't get to see you again. I miss you. I just want to hear your voice again. Mam and Tad faked your death to hide things. Killed Luke. I kinda liked him. He treated you well. I love you, sis. I keep hoping I'm gonna wake up and this is all a dream.
me
...I decided to leave. I went to the states. I can't stand their expectations. It's like they don't even care. I miss you. Even if you were a villain too, I miss you so bad.
me
Love you, sis. Today was bad. Civilians died. They blamed it on me cause they hate that they can't kill me... I kinda wish they could. I'd be with you at least... out of this shit world.
me
Miss you. Still no luck dying. Heh. Nothing hurts. Nothing feels real anymore. I'm living in limbo. You made it look so easy. Was it because of tad's powers? I hate his powers...
me
Got buried under rubble for a few days. Sorry I didn't message... heh... wouldn't want to ruin the schedule, right? Miss you. Love you.
me
I wonder if I had gone out sooner to look for you if I could have saved you
me
Miss you
me
Me again... who else would it be though? I've successfully avoided the parents for so long now, I actually kinda miss them. Especially mam. I bet they miss you, even if they won't say it. I saw them on tv today. They talked about how I'm on a trip. They're so good at this. So good at lies. I just can't make them proud...
me
Love you. Miss you. I think it's the anniversary date... time's really flown by, huh? I'd bake you a cake if I could be there with you.
me
Fuck heroes. Fuck villains. Fuck everyone. If it weren't for this stupid system you'd be here... fuck.
me
Miss you
me
Miss you, sis
me
Still missing you. What else is there to do?
me
Haven't messaged in a little while... Mam and Tad... Ewythr too... they're all coming. I guess my time is finally up. I even got a mentor to be a little apprentice hero! Though... not by my own will. I think I like it though... it's better than what they do... what you did... It feels like it has a purpose. I don't want them to make me go home with them.

"Hey, Darren? Why are you crying? Are you ok?" Jupiter asked like a concerned mother, hand going out to gently touch his shoulder. He jerked away like it shocked him and sniffled, trying to erase his tears with the back of his hand.

"Y... yeah. I'm fine. Just... texts made me sad. I'll be fine. Um... Natalie? Can we go to the airport? They'll be here in like an hour or less... private jet... um... just... please try not to kill them on sight, alright?" Darren said, voice as defeated as a kicked puppy, "I should... put on a suit before we go probably..."

1598622698850.pngAda
Ada was doing handstand pushups, using the wall for balance, as Casey returned from his job. As he turned the handle, she grabbed a pin from her hair bun and flung it beside the door. The movement itself was a blur. The thin metal stuck into the concrete of the wall with surprising ease. This was her only true ability - super-reflexes. She brought back down her other hand and let herself fall backwards onto the floor, only to catch herself and roll into a standing position.

"Heeeey Dad! That was fast! Did the job go well?" she chirped, smiling big despite the fact that she had just tossed something at him with lethal speed, "I haven't even been able to finish my workout yet! Though... I guess I am pretty much done. I wanted to see how many I could do now. The answer is around thirty. They're really hard!"

She moved over to the kitchen and hopped herself up into a sitting position on the island, reaching over with her left hand to grab a warm mug and give it to him, "Brewed ya coffee and kept it warm! Doesn't have sugar or creamer in it yet though." Despite being only fourteen, Ada was as capable as many C-class heroes. She had her dad as her trainer, after all! She had to be in tip-top shape to keep up with the old fart!

"Oh oh oh! I got a notif for a potential job! It totally doesn't pay well, but it's some high school kid that wants to fuck with their bully. Like $150 only, but it'd be great practice to hack into the school system and social media! Super low risk, too. What do you think? Can I do it, can I do it?"

Beverly Hilton employees

The receptionist behind the counter - a man of vague appearance who was barely noticeable - acknowledged Sylvia's presence with a polite nod, and gestured for her to go in the room behind.

"Ah yes. Welcome back, ma'am. The manager is waiting for you in the sec room, with the list of customers that have agreed to let you visit their rooms. Some have refused, I don't know all of the details. He'll tell you more."

As he said so, Mike's head poked out through a door in the small corridor, and something like a half-smile half-grimace came up on his face as he saw Sylvia.

"Ah, you're here. Thank you for coming, ma'am, there's been... complications about some of the cases. Please follow me to the sec room, I'd rather not talk about those matters in the open."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

jewel.pngJewel and Avro
"I don't know," she said, chuckling, "I don't know the protocol for resurrection... I don't think I can get hypothermia that fast though, hun. Tracks, hunny, I'll be okay. Promise. We can talk about what I remember and whatnot after we settle things here." Avro smiled and ran a hand through his hair like she was petting him, "Server room sounds like a great idea. I'll stick close to your side too, since I know you're worried about me."

The scene in the server room was a shock for Avro, and her sweet smile turned into a concerned frown, "What the heck did I end up walking in on today, hun? Awful timing... geez. Let's help out."

Jewel let out a soft huff of laughter as Secretary threatened him, and practically purred off a sentence to her in elvish, a little hushed so others wouldn't eavesdrop, "I think your ears would look better full-length, Secretary." As much as she was not book-smart, and she knew it, she was worldly. She had done a lot of traveling and knew a lot of shit others didn't. She noticed a lot that others didn't. This was one such thing and she didn't want to miss the opportunity to tease the woman about it. She gave her a cheeky grin as she diverted her attention to the tablet.

"Neat. If it's a paid attack, then probably the things that have the biggest boom," she said simply, flicking through the images quickly, "Mm. Kali suit for sure. That one is too tantalizing to not grab. Anyone with half a brain would want to see how it works." Her eyes flicked up when the doors opened and she saw the two helping the soldiers.

"Mm," she continued, setting the tablet on the nearest flat surface as she moved forward and looked around the room, eyes resting on the big hole, "Well it looks like you guys got your asses handed to you, huh? That fuckin' sucks ass. Chrysos, go help them. Do what they say to help. Secretary, with all due respect, Avro comes secondary. She's not actively dying from the looks of it. Whoever stole your shit is getting further away. That's my priority. Anyway, let me get started. Gotta focus so don't bug me or it'll take longer. Please." She knew she came off harsh. Oscar was always trying to remind her to say please and thank you. Bleh.

Jewel brought her grimoire out in front of her once more and opened it. She placed a hand in the center and closed her eyes as she was engulfed in dim light. Scrying was... not her forte. She felt like she was saying that a lot today already. Annoying. Well, whatever. Had to do it anyway. She started looking into traces of energy throughout the room, traces of thermite, the links of data that ran like little fading rivers of memory. Gross... there was a lot to go through... and she had a feeling this jackass had antimagic on him, cuz there was a distinct blank spot. Double gross.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Scile

Ruru woke up groggily getting out of bed carrying the sleeping Yami in her arms. " I should check on scile" she mumbled to herself yawning as she walked outside with an umbrella. Scile for some reason decided to sleep in the back aley behind the shop. "scile. Morning, you awake si......sis?" she asked as she saw scile sitting cross legged. Her six arms were clasped together at the palms all exerting force against each other. "Hey Ruru.... When I arrived in this city, I felt it as gut feeling... But now... Im sure of it." Scile said not opening her eyes as it seemed her arms glowed even brighter. Ruru yawned and tilted her head. "learned what?" she asked not caring. but her eyes went wide opening as a large surge of killing intent emanated from scile. Slowly she unclasped her hands and stood up. she reached into her pocket and pulled out a flask. Drinking the entire thing in one sip. she then turned and smiled. "This city. Its filled to the brim with warriors!" her voice was estatic. Her eyes were still closed. "I just gotta fight em!" she said opening ehr eyes wide. and in those eyes. All ruru could see was pure childlike joy. Unable to get a word out she simply stood silently as scile walked of into the rain. Her entire body screaming that it was ready for a fight. "I dont need directions this time. When it comes to it. Warriors will always cross paths! its fate after all." she said before leaving the alley. Walking off into the street not paying mind to the people running from her. She could feel it. This city was a Swarga Loka for warriors. Mages, Swordsman, those who control the elements, Those who break the laws of nature through science and the scholarly pursuits. Warriors of heaven and hell, and all between. Packed into a single city. "truly.... amazing. I may never leave!" she yelled into the air laughing happily.

Pydir

"soulflare? ooh that sounds cool! But... i should probably stay away. I dont know if eating dragons is bad... but i dont want to chance it. Hey james... can you put me back in the book for now? ooh! sato! shed be really happy to see again! if its for her i can stay in a book as long as she wants." without even waiting for James permission she returned to her book. Her vision faded as she was surrounded by a black void again. Sound dissapearing as the only light that appeared in her vision was chains wrapping violently around her. crushing her spikes and choking her. She hated this, it was terrifying. She had never wanted to see this again. But she was here. and she had to deal with it. James would get them out. He had done so before he could again. All she needed to do is wait.

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Detective Marshall

Adam stared past the veil of time, into the fabrics of reality...such sights would drive men mad, to their own death perhaps. There were exceptions of course, those who functioned without their sanity, strange outliers that functioned by nothing but insanity's drive. The sight he beheld through this fabric of reality bothered him...yog-soggoth. Nyarlothotep often chatted about his family, and adam wasn't one to shirk his studies...dammit, this was the dunwich horror scene all over again. Oh yea, fantastic fucking cover up on that one that it was, still a cover-up. And it happened...and it happened again.

Sliding back to reality, he took a drag off the cigarette and blew the smoke away, stowing his last cigarette in the 'garbage bag'. "Alright kid...you need a way for me to address you. Mind if I call you Dunn?" He rested his hands in his trench-coats pockets, giving a soft hum. Terrible abbreviation? Yes. Still kind of cute? Yes. "You and I are going to have to go and get some papers done, but you're more than likely going to be put under my care while I sort things out...always happens. Not that I mind anyways. If you'll come back with me to my car, I'll get you bandaged up and we can get going? I promise, if we see a cultist, I'll handle it myself. You've been through enough as it is." He learned something at one point, a while ago actually. Just because one was 'eldritch' did not make it malignant in itself. Night-gaunts were hardly malevolent, yithians were simply weird, perhaps this girl was the same case?
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Natalie Brenton

She reached out, gently knocking him on the shoulder. "I don't think you'd cause indigestion, honestly. Might taste like a honey-covered boulder though." It was her odd little way of calling him sweet in this moment, but she felt it worked. Going back to just lounging in her seat she listened to the girls, giving a hum of thought. "We're of no good on a resurrection scene, we agree there. Going to a prison riot is asking to be the headline as crimes against humanity, which leaves your group. But if you don't want to do that for now, we'll just standby. I told Darren here it was going to be an easy day anyways."

Glancing at Jupiter she gave a shrug. "Whatever floats our boat for now. Just keep in mind Darren doesn't have his equipment yet, and I hate to use him as nothing more than a glorified meat shield. Much as I'll joke about it, that'd be rude to him. Right Darren?" She glanced over to him for approval, attention snapping back to Jupiter. "Arch enemies? Hmmm...there was this one demon that was running amok in the U.K, high ranking bloke, some sort of warlord...she killed it. Then there was this one 'angel-hunter' chick who found them as great hunting material like a fucking big-game hunter...no wait, she killed that too. Ohh how about...wait no...no, she killed it. Okay, she has had arch-enemies, but she's unfortunately too effective to keep them around."

Noticing Darren had fallen silent she glanced at him, her usual sure expression softening. It was sad to see him with tears in his eyes, cheesy as that sounded. "You okay, love?" Without any invitation she reached out, somewhat forcibly yanking the younger male into a hug, a stark contrast to the usual attitude that depicted her as ready to punch someone in the jaw for looking at her funny. Letting him go after a second she listened to his request. "Promise, I'll be on my best behavior. And I'll keep Agas quiet the entire time too...well quiet so you guys don't hear her." Hearing him mention a suit she offered him a stern, sisterly look. "I understand your family is coming...but your still living your life. If you want to wear a suit, we'll get you a suit. If you don't want too, you shouldn't have too. It's just like your hair, what you do is your choice and how you hold yourself. No matter what happens, I'm in your corner, got it?"
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Casey Kemp
Secret bunker

Making his way through the rubble of what he assumed was once a hotel complex, he dropped into a crevice and rolled his shoulder, starting towards the false wall. Job had gone well...he'd made the drop with the contact, and the money had been wired to him. He had some study material to look over as well as a bonus from the job. And then there were the cameras around the prison...was that break-out still going on? Had it been quelled? It didn't matter, one way or another he'd have footage to review. Can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. He needed a noisy distraction to draw hero's, that's what he did.

Pushing the false wall and closing it behind him, his hand reaching to the handle of a door and opened it, only to be greeted with a hair-pin lodging itself in the wall. Well, at least she was on her guard. "Ada, next time wait until there's a body in view. That's intimidating to an extent, but it won't deter someone bound on getting inside." Closing and locking up the door behind him, he yanked the hairpin from the wall and started towards her. Pausing for a moment, he disengaged the sealing on his helmet, a slow 'hisss' escaping it. Grabbing it he pulled it off, resting it beneath and arm. "Went well enough. The defences were decent, but the owner seemed to have something against lethal force...left a lot of openings. His 'elite guard' wore power-armor, but again...non-lethal, and they're movements were too obvious." His voice was deep, but not unpleasantly so without the helmet modifying it. It was smooth, almost like velveteen, but had a certain effect that demanding you listen to it. "Thirty? Not bad...shoot for forty-five next."

Following after her to the kitchen, he rested the hairpin on the island beside her, helmet being placed as well. "Thank you, my little kite." He didn't need anything in coffee anyways, only sugar on the rare occasion. Black coffee worked fine for him...coffee was a luxury, but one you could at least get in the field. Cream and sugar? Now you're pushing things. Lifting the mug to his lips he took a slow drink, lowering it. Raising an eyebrow at her he paused, mulling it over. "You may. But remember, not so bubbly. When you're on the job, you're to be professional. Don't take too much excitement from the job. And for God's sake, don't look like that Havoc woman on the television. Be calm, be assertive, be strong. They came to you. Your an asset, and you know it. How was your day, otherwise? Didn't cut into too much of your training with my arrival?"
5d9f509160e302f51f33865e1c6b04a6.png
Deathkitten Deathkitten

James and Sato

He gave bells an unamused look...if only it ever worked out so simple. No, his golden rule that he had come to accept...if he showed up, bullshit followed. It was how life worked in the first world he got dumped in, this would probably be the same. At her trying to hit on Pydir a low noise escaped him, reminiscent of a groan. God damn succubi. Attention jumped back to Pydir before he could input. "Yea...better play it safe. I feel like you eating sentient beings isn't high on the list of 'good', and I'm sure with my luck I'm not 'good' either." A look bordering one of shame and horror covered his features...Sato. Ah SHIT. And just like that, Pydir was gone.

Giving a low huff of air, his attention jumped to Bells again. "You're in the wrong wheelhouse for 'bedroom twister'. Pydir I'm not sure has enough screws left holding her together to seduce her. Then we have Sato, who's a goddess, and her girlfriend Thyris who was made to do a goddess's job. Then I have an entity that helped shape creation and sophia...wrong wheelhouse, I'm afraid. But...sato, right." Pausing for a moment as he reached into his satchel to produce a book, studying it. "I'll get her out, and we can get moving...may as well talk to this person who can supposedly help me." Flipping open the book he held a hand above it. "Invocation: Wind Deity."

James eyes widened as he nearly doubled over, his entire body feeling like it had been sapped of energy. THAT was new. Before he could recover, he was sent sprawling onto his back, a fist connecting with his face. Giving a low groan he opened his eyes, only to notice two sato's...no wait, he was just dazed, there was one. Standing above James was a petite and tomboyish looking figure with large black wings and a wolf mask covering the upper half of her face. "WHY WAS I BACK IN THE BOOK!??" James slowly stood up, dusting himself off. "Sorry Sato...I uh...died again. At least you can see now...right?" She grabbed him by the front of his shirt, shaking him. "Y-You...Idiot! How could you die again!? I should-" She paused, suddenly realizing they weren't alone. She didn't even look at Bells, only addressing her. "Please don't tell me you've tried to seduce him already."
dbf30e6954d12c8207f8faa82c063530.png
851b1011996328721bc6990215bd284d.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

~Anne Beaufort & Dietrich~
Streets of LA
1598667444452.png Morgan's confidence stemmed from certainty that things would go her way rather than arrogance. Dietrich supposed that that was why it frustrated him so much. He sighed. When would he learn not to make a wager against a child genius? Not anytime soon. The nephilim was much too stubborn for that. "I'm sure you must be rather proud of yourself right now." The words held no ill will about his loss and were playful. Morgan did win fair and square after all. What was that thing that kids say? 'Don't hate the player, hate the game?' "Oh dear, how will I ever recover from you crushing my hope and dreams so thoroughly? I'm devastated." Putting on an obvious facade of sorrow, he flung himself dramatically onto the bed in an attempt to get Morgan to crack a smile. Her face was too serious for someone her age.

Especially now. The expression on her face as she spoke on the phone didn't quite fit. It was an expression no child should wear. The mood had changed and Dietrich shifted to match it. Sitting up, he cocked an eyebrow. "You don't tend to take idle interest in people. What are you hoping to get from her?" He couldn't remember any heroes or villains named Anne Beaufort, so she had to be either a hidden gem not yet found by the public or other prying eyes, or she was someone that was considered 'normal'. They dealt with 'normal' people before. People that were overlooked because they had no power or wealth, but because they were so easily ignored by others they often held valuable information at the tips of their fingers. They always made for great informants when it came to monitoring certain people.

It didn't really matter who this Anne was, what mattered was why Morgan took an interest in her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1598668126114.png She was slowing down. She hated that her body couldn't keep up with her demands. She needed to push forward! Not take a break! She knew that the first 48 hours of finding a missing person were vital. It was more likely to find the kidnapped person alive within 48 hours. Gasping from both from pushing herself too far and the thought of not finding Aia alive, Anne finally paused to catch her breath. How far was she from the motel? Should she go back and start driving instead? She wasn't thinking clearly when she bolted but now she was regretting her decision to leave on foot. Idiot! The van would've been faster! Not to mention a van wouldn't need to stop as often as she did. Glancing around, she stifled a frustrated sob as she realized that she didn't recognize the area she was in. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Now she'd have to grab a cab. Patting her pockets, it was then that Anne realized that she left without her wallet too.

Fisting her hands in her hair she bit back a scream. Everything was shit. Just complete shit. If I don't find Aia it'll be because of my mistakes. All of these mistakes during such a vital time would be Aia's doom. "Are you alright?" Glancing up at the stranger, she knew that she probably looked like she was desperate. Or just fucking insane. She had ran out in her pajamas with sneakers untied and hair was now a mess. She didn't care and went right up to the man and the young girl accompanying him.

"My daughter! I can't find my daughter! Have you seen her? She's about this tall, she's wearing a hoodie and uh I think jeans? She's...albino and I just can't find her." The man glanced at the redheaded girl beside him. Anne immediately jumped in again before they could speak, "Actually can you just drop me off at my motel? I ran out without thinking and my van's there and it's just faster if I use that." Her body was trembling, whether it was from fear or adrenaline she wasn't sure. The doctor's eyes moved frantically from the man, the girl, to their surroundings in a futile attempt to spot Aia, back to the man again. Please please please!

((Interacting with ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles 's Morgan | Mentioned Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving 's Aia))

097445A6-97FF-41F0-A6AC-B0B0D4BC4D4D.pngAda
“Well yeah! Of course. I wanna make sure this kid knows not to hire a ghost unless he really means it. He was smart to find the right posting areas, but geez. He gets the wrong person and he’s gonna have way more problems than just a bully. So yeah no. I wanna scare the pants off him. I’ll be more serious than I even need to be so I can make sure he gets it.”

Many movements were reflexive. That wasn’t so obvious until you were in front of someone whose little twitches were lightning fast. The little movements you don’t think about... her tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, twitchy little eye-movements to follow an object, the way her head was on a swivel even in this relaxed environment. It all kinda made her look like she was hyped up on caffeine and sugar, made her look like a speedster, but alas. She wasn’t. She didn’t have the luxury of doing things fast on purpose... as much as she might like to. They had trained her to be reactive to important things, to where certain movements were indeed reflex at this point, but gah! She’d love to zoom around like a racecar!

“Nah,” she shook her head, “Not too much of a distraction, like I said. I was almost done anyway. The morning has been good so far. Slow. I’ve been itching to do something. Maybe we can go out later and spy on some heroes or villains? Watch them move around like our own personal show? Pleeeease? It’s great practice for sneaking!” Ada smiled big at her dad, excited for the prospect. She enjoyed feeling like a fly on the wall. Stealth was her favorite! “Plus you know victims make great clients. If we get in first that means we don’t get job-nabbed.” Of course he knew this. She was just repeating it because she wanted to do something fun - preferably not something that included her getting her butt handed to her, either.

bells.pngBells
A small huff of air escaped Bells as the new lady asked if she had already tried seducing him. She shook her head, "Try? No more than my natural state, darling. I can spot a losing battle like that one from a mile away. Wow though James... you have some... powerful friends indeed. Your name is Sato, I take it? Mine's Bells. Not that many goddesses I've met in person... we have divine, of course, but uh... they're not the in-person type, most often. Are you a minor or major where you're from, Miss Sato?"

She looked around again, grimacing at the now much more bold crowd that was starting to gain numbers, "Hey, goddess? How about you whisk us away somewhere else? Ten or so miles due east of here should be on or near the edge of the crater. It should be a quiet spot with not so many onlookers where ya can get your bearings. After all, new world new rules, right? Who knows what's different for you?"

1598697540210.pngAnomaly - Dunnie
"....Dunnie, then," she responded, voice rasping and slow same as before, but there was a hint of amusement tinting it, "I'm... a girl... as much of a girl... as I can be, anyway... Dunn sounds... like a boy's name..."

She frowned, hesitating for a moment as plans were settled. What if he was with them? No, it didn't make sense, but... she was scared. He was so nice to her though... She didn't have eyebrows per se, but her face and where her brows would be furrowed in concern as she looked up at him and contemplated her options. In the end, though, Dunnie decided to follow him along to his car.

"What... papers? And what does... under your care... mean?" she asked, a hair tendril crawling out to poke at the body of his car. Dunnie let a tendril break off from her and soak into the body of the car like a liquid. It changed the color of it to a deep purple, and she grinned at her own work as an eye grew from the door of the car and gazed at Adam. She giggled softly at it like it was a funny joke.

"Can... you get the shackle off... of me...?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back