• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Trevor Weiland / Skeleton
Streets of LA /
Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Trevor noticed the man in the taxi as he focused on the creature. The man looked terrified, and he couldn’t blame him. He’d be freaked out too if some alien looking thing was just chilling on the hood of his car! And then the thing moved, it’s attention caught by Trevor calling out to it. The blond took a slight step back in sudden alarm as the big white and pink being started towards him.

I am definitely insane!” The teen quivered but held his ground as he was sniffed at. The hissing noises were a little unsettling and he tried to reason with himself as it drew closer. He figured that if it wasn’t threatened by him then he didn’t need to feel threatened by it. But he realized the flaw in that logic as it’s face came inches from his own. Trevor gave a strained but genuine smile and stared back into the creatures eyes, they were big and a pretty pink color. He let out a startled and then cut off yelp of surprise as his cheeks were grabbed and squinted at the creature. He didn’t resist as his head was turned to and fro. The fear was beginning to wear off as he rationalized the situation. It just seemed to want to smell him, he could hear the sniffing next to his ear. And it didn’t seem aggressive. But, if anything changed he just had to turn himself into an armadillo and hit it with a bone clubbed arm.

“Hi, so, I’m Trevor! Nice to meet you. I’m guessing you’re not human. That’s cool! I’m human! Umm…” His head was moved again and he glanced at the creature’s face before continuing. “I just finished working out, sorry if I don’t smell the best. Do you like coffee? I have a coffee.” Trevor slowly raised his arm, attempting to show the alien his small cup of coffee. “Can you talk? Can you understand talking? It’s kinda problematic if you don’t understand me, huh?” His voice was soft and it’s usual chipper tone even though it quivered a little, and sounded a bit muffled. And he tried to smile even though the creature had a hold of his cheeks.

Anomaly
Her head snapped his direction, eyeing him with immediate distrust. He was talking to her though...

“Fine...,” she hissed, voice barely audible with how quiet she said it. Her fingers slowly released the man, who, naturally, scrambled away and ran from her, screaming. With a small hop she stepped down off of the half wall and stared at Adam, “I... can talk.” Her voice was raspy and distorted, like both echoes and someone desperately thirsty.

“You... are not afraid. Why?” she pondered, it now much more apparent since she was standing that she was injured and bleeding. Despite her appearance and the effects of her presence, her blood looked human. It was red, and despite the makeshift bandages she had wrapped around the wounds, it still dribbled down onto her black flesh. Her skin summarily consumed the blood like tiny little hungry mouths.

“You smell... like me. Like others like me...”

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

1598348330982.pngSanta Monica Pier
The red footsteps led them through the mist, through the stalls and stand rides, up until the ferris wheel. The child entity's footsteps disappeared as the wheel started up on its own and began to slowly rotate, the music kicking up in volume considerably. The two women could see a young child materialize on the first gondola as it came around the entrance.

In a pink dress and looking physical aside from her slight translucence, she gave the two heroes a wave and a smile as she began to climb in altitude. She looked young, anywhere between eight and twelve, but had an air about her that was anything hardly indicative of someone that age.

(( ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Osuka Osuka Small post, but setting things up <3 ))

shield.jpgJupiter, Darren, and Sarah
Darren gave her a cheeky grin, deciding to stick with the accent for now, "Yeah, well I'm great at awful jokes. I basically AM an awful joke! Heh. Accent and all."

"Oof. I'd say poor guy but it sounds like he kinda deserved it. I dunno Darren, you could hit on her without turning into a pretzel," Jupiter teased, grinning at the younger man.

Darren held up his hands in defense, "Sure she couldn't snap me in half but I don't feel like getting sent to the bottom of the ocean, thanks. Besides. That just sounds weird to hit on her. I've only known her a few days now, but she's more like... big sister material than anything else."

Jupiter and Sarah both laughed at this, Sarah grinning wide, "Meeting has gone well! I'm glad you've managed to find someone you can be around without Agas or even SoulFlare totally wrecking their day. He's a little turtle, absolutely adorable, and relatively hard to break. So, invulnerability's your thing, right? Can hellfire not even hurt you?"

Darren nodded, which got a bit of an eyebrow raise, "Oh please tell me you've tested things out on him. You've just gotta. This is like... He's like... the perfect crash test dummy. Heck, you could try out new moves on him and everything!"

He shrugged, "I told her I wouldn't mind too much. Hellfire is... warm... which is weird to me. Startled me. Everything is kinda... room temperature to me most of the time. Still didn't burn me though. I'd be willing to test more, even if it kinda freaks me out."

"Awww! Geez Natalie, I'm kinda jealous you found such an absolute peach! He's such a cutie pie! And if he thinks you're big sis material, then I guess that'd make him like your little brother or something!" she teased, genuinely a little jealous, but it was just so sweet that he was willing to go through that for her. From the sound of it, he had only known her a few days, but hey, good souls had a way of finding each other. Sarah leaned back far, then thunked her chair forward, "We should go do something! Any good callouts right now? I went from not wanting to do anything to bored in like two seconds... mostly because Sathias did. Hyper bird that she is."

sylviahero.pngSylvia
It was bittersweet that her husband had to leave to handle some eldritch thing. She felt like he was far better at this sort of work than she was... but... ah, well, he was needed where he was. He could keep people safe, and that made her feel all warm inside just thinking about it. He was someone M&M could look up to and be so proud of. She smiled and watched as he drove off, before turning and walking into the hotel by herself.

She gave a pleasant wave to the person at the front desk, "Hello! I was here yesterday. I'm Silver Sylvia. I was going to chat with a particular list of clients?"

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

doll29.pngDoll #29
29 woke up sore and groggy. She stretched her head back, and for the barest of moments, there was that familiar pang of fear that shot across her mind like a bullet. It was soon snuffed out by the dullness of it all. Fear was commonplace. Useless to a doll like herself, since it was useless to her master. Which, speaking of her master... that would now be that woman. Kali. Panzer Tristan. Even as she came to, the universe had a funny way of mocking her situation. The radio could be heard talking about some sort of a break-in at her master's company... and then... a resurrection? Strange. Was there some sort of reverse-zombie-plague going around or something?

"Miss Kali. I'm surprised you did not kill me. I hope I can still be of use to you alive as such," she said, sitting up, "What is occurring at your company? Do you require assistance?"

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

4E4293EA-BF15-41A4-BEA2-57F4EDDDAA9A.jpeg
Sirius
Interaction: Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Sirius had gotten her and Zaphkiel to her place before it had gotten to dark. Helping her settle int before going to bed for the night. They had ended up sharing Sirius’s bed which wasn’t that big of a deal as it had plenty of room for the both of them. As the sun gently shone through the glass to the bedroom of her suit Sirius started to wake. Slowly opening her eyes as she sat up with a quiet yawn. She glanced over to to Zaphkiel and couldn’t help the small smile on her lips. Gently she got out of bed, being careful to not wake her yet as she got up and quietly left the room. Figuring she would appreciate a morning cup of coffee Sirius made her way into the kitchen.

A few minuets after she came out with two cups of coffee and made her way back to the room. Walking around the bed to the side Zaphkiel laid at she gently set both cups of coffee on the night stand and crouched down. “Zaphkiel. Time to get up.” She said softly to her as she reached out and gently rubbed her shoulder with her still gloved hand.​

4F3A2D36-35C3-4B3E-91A0-C48504DF4E08.jpeg
Aia
Interaction: Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno

Aia seemed to completely ignore his words as she continued to sniff at him. Slowly her tail slid under her and lifted her up off her feet. Reaching out with her feet she grabbed onto the belt line of his pants. Continuing to sniff at him as she slowly lifted him into the air. Slowly her tongue slipped from her lips and reached out, gently it ran over his neck and up and down his cheek almost as if it had a mind of its own as she sniffed at his chest now. Little putts and clicks resonating from her throat as she studied further. She could tell something was different about him. Maybe he had powers? With her tongue she could sense that his body was denser than other people but she couldn’t tell what way. it was intriguing to her and it was obvious the more she sniffed and studied him All while keeping him suspended in the air by her hands and feet.​

Detective Marshall

He took a few more lingering puffs on his cigarette, the damn thing already gone. Spitting the butt out from his lips he stepped on it to put it out, only to pick it up again and store it in a small plastic baggy, littering wasn't his thing. "Good to hear you can talk then." He once again fetched his cigarettes, lit a new one, and put it all away again, back to puffing like a train. "I'm never bothered. I can keep a cool head through anything, it's helpful like that..." He eyed her silently, blowing a trail of smoke through his lips. "You're pretty banged up. Did someone do that to you?" He pulled the cigarette from his lips, dropping ashes before pulling it to his lips again. "I specialize in anomalous activity and eldritch happenings, so that's why I smell that way. When things are a bit too unusual for other folks, I get involved. Do you have a name, miss?"
Deathkitten Deathkitten
image0.jpg

Natalie Brenton

She heaved a sigh, once again reaching out to cuff him upside the head. "You're not an awful joke, don't say things like that." Attention drifted to Jupiter, giving a firm nod. "Trust me, he definitely deserved it. People are fucking horrible, and you never really understand the depths of that fact until you can really see it all laid bare." A laugh escaped her at Darrens statement, a hand going over her mouth to muffle it. "He's got a point. I can't hurt him, but if I put him in cement shoes and tossed him in the pacific that just means no more Darren. Which is why I'm not letting him near the beach in a fight." She continued to balance on the two rear legs of the chair, teetering precariously. "Hellfire just makes him too warm, it's interesting. Agas might be able to actually hurt him. For all I know, the only way to do anything meaningful is to eat his soul. But uh...we both know that even among SoV's, that's pretty damn severe." She let the unspoken statement of 'borderline taboo' out of the equation, Sarah would understand and the other two didn't need that kind of information hanging over their heads.

Natalie grinned wide, borderline cocky. "He's a good kid, I want to make sure he can prove that to everyone else. I don't have time for bullshit, so I'll toss someone out a window the moment they start too much crap over him. Eventually, I'll teach him how to do the tossing himself." Crossing her hands behind her head she shrugged. "Just another little brother to add to the list? Damn that list is getting longer...heh, he's the only non-brenton of the bunch now. Look at you Darren, ever the wonderful exception." She didn't have any blood relatives, but she had an entire book of kids and adult figures from the orphanage that she figured family, so may as well add Darren to that list as well. At Sarah's question she paused, pulling out her radio and listening to it do it's usual repeat thing. "Break-in at Tristan industries, there's a resurectee on sight...sounds like Jupiter's forte. There's been an explosion at El Porto High-Security Prison, not sure if that's a super or non super place. No one knows what caused the explosions, but there's a lot of wounded and unknown fatalities, prisoners are making a break for it. Some villain in roman armor robbing a bank downtown...eh, those are the only ones that stand out to me. Otherwise, we could go get even over that group that managed to give you that wound."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Kali

Kali had put the doll in her room, sowing up all her wounds and making sure she was alive. Currently she was calmly sitting in a chair across the room from Doll. On her shoulder Sat a veiled Chameleon. almost asleep from kalis stillness. In a near total contrast to Kalis first appearance, she was... disturbingly calm. Her body was like that of a statue. Even her breathing was barely noticeable. "Good Morning Doll. Did you sleep well? I would scarce suggest moving around. I dislike scars on my property. And as you are now currently scarless. I intend to keep it that way." She was calm. Too calm, every syllable that left her mouth trailed off, as the feeling of an intense, sharp chill like that of a dagger made of ice ran up Dolls spine. Kali looked to the window before standing up. " Did your previous owner, ever tell you why your emotions were removed? Truly, I wonder, emotions are such a beautiful thing. I am quite jealous of those that have them so freely. Its as if my blood turns cold when a blade is not in my hand. Only emptiness fills me when I am not watching the life drain from ones eyes." she looked out the window at the storm. Gently setting her chameleon onto indoor tree nearby. " The joy of working hard. The sorrow of failing. The sense of fulfillment one gets after years of turmoil and struggle. Its... all.... quite beautiful. A horrible beauty that one can not stop watching." she walked next to doll. sitting on the bed as she picked up the radio. " Do not worry about the break in. I have been informed. It is merely highly confidential files. I expected them to be stolen quite sooner then they actually did. Let this be a qauint lesson for my naive brother. He should learn from this. However. A resurrection. While I would say its quite vexing. I can only find myself... hungry at the thought of meeting them if they are the ones that were revived. Does she still remember? Will she take revenge.... the deliciousness of a prey already hunted once back with vigor and emotions swirling inside them. It may very well compare to ambrosia itself." calmly she crushed the metal radio in her hand. the splintered glass pieces and metal cutting her hand up. Dropping the now bloody radio in the trash, Kali turned to doll Smiling, it was like the smile of a porcelain doll, imitating the right gesture, but lacking the emotions behind it. Kali raised her bloodied hand up and cupped Dolls cheek. " stay in bed, I shall prepare breakfast. You are mine now, and I treat my property well. Ignore the news. and watch some tv. perhaps a few of my movies. From now on you are not Doll. But Cassie Twenine, My personal assistant." removing her hand leaving a blood print on dolls face. She stood up, and left the room.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Rita

Rita was already confused and scared. Then a gun shot, and now some weird women in a biker helmet singing some super old song from the 2000s. Ritas mind went wild as the only thing she could think of is. "NOPE" were the words that instantly left her mouth as she reversed gravity sending everyone into the air as she bolted out the door. grabbing a random civilian keeping him floating beside her pointed towards where the bullet came from. Rita ran as fast as she could. She just needed to run somewhere where she could take off her costume. No one would assume some kid is a supervillian right? yeah! just keep running rita and hope they dont catch up...... WAIT YOU IDIOT why are you running!? you can fly! Rita quickly levitated herself in the air and zoomed off down the road. Too scared to look behind her.

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno

~Anne Beaufort~
Streets

1598398677026.png Anne had had a few bad moments throughout her life. Who didn't? Her grandfather who had instilled a love of reptiles died too soon for her liking. Losing her best friend when she first came out was pretty fucking horrible too. There was also the time when she was an undergraduate and on the verge of losing her scholarship because of that damn music class she needed to fill her humanities requirement was dragging her down. Somehow though they all seemed so minor compared to the present situation at hand. Aia's missing! At first she thought it was a game. The alien had learnt how to play hide and go seek pretty early on and sometimes she got in the mood to play it. She never warned Anne though, but the doctor loved the spontaneity of it. So when she woke up to a seemingly empty motel room, she didn't panic. Instead, the dark-haired woman took her time going through the small space trying to figure out where Aia had hid herself this time. The room wasn't really big though, so once she had combed through it once, twice, thrice, then she began to panic. Anne even resorted to shaking a box of snacks hoping that Aia would come out at the sound of food like some sort of cat. When the realization that Aia wasn't in the motel room or anywhere near it sank it, that was when she felt it. The Worst Feeling of Her Life. She thought that that feeling would be reserved for her parents' funeral or something, but she felt it now. The sickening mixture of dread, fear, and anger was indescribable.

Where's Aia?

That's how she found herself running down random streets carelessly with a half full box of Aia's favorite snacks. "Aia!" People stared at her, but with the way Anne was furiously shaking the box while shouting herself hoarse she probably looked like someone looking for their lost dog. Or cat. "Aia come here! Come to Mama!" What if something happened to her? She always knew it was dangerous roaming around outside with the alien, that they might be spotted by the wrong people, that Aia might be taken. Her stomach lurched as she felt herself get nauseous. What if she's dead? Or worse? Tears pricked at her eyes as she continued hollering at the top of her lungs. She didn't care if she drew attention. She just needed her little girl safe and sound in her arms again.

((Mentioned Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving 's Aia))

Morgan Adler, undisclosed hotel room

Morgan sat at the same table as always in the room, sipping from a cup of tea. Silvery blue eyes regarded the morning news in silence, cup raised to her lips as she took a sip. Lowering it, her cool and calm voice cut the air, still in that comfortable west coast L.A accent. "It seems as though our bet is settled, dear friend. The O.A has become apparent once again...my tootsie pops remain in my possession. I'm terribly sorry to ruin your dreams." She finished what remained of her tea, setting the cup down. "Unfortunately, they may be linked to the resurrections, which could lead to issues. Give me but a moment." Pulling her red 'flip phone' from her pocket she took a moment to place a call. Her fingers drummed against the table as it rang once, but only once. Her voice cut the air when it was picked up, slipping into Latin. "Resurrectionis non fuit L.A in aream, et fecit O.A rediit. Continue flectit quinque sex percent subsidiorum iam est huiusmodi. Certiorem me quis updates." (There have been resurrections in the L.A area, and the O.A has returned. Divert six point five percent of resources to investigate this. Inform me of any updates.) The O.A was perhaps the greatest hurdle she would have to face if she was to reach her world. Such careless destruction they caused, so much suffering, with no apparent reason. Everything she opposed, everything she hoped to wipe out, they seemed to do. If she was to usher in a better age for the world, she'd have to play around them, until she set up the checkmate.

The voice on the other end gave confirmation, and that was it. Simple, calm. She snapped her fingers, and they jumped to attention. Snapping her phone shut she glanced at Dietrich, standing up and pulling a tootsie pop from her pocket, unwrapping it and sticking it into her mouth. "Not all is terrible yet. The dinner with the Don went well, as I suspected. They should remember us in good graces. We're going to find a scientist in the city, an Anne Beaufort. She's a biologist, and quite skilled at that...I'd like to pick her brain. There is nothing to be lost in speaking with a brilliant mind."
01660c822ffdc7116328ba58a3f95db9.png

Kyrenka Kyrenka

1598363042769.pngOn the Trail of Phoenix
Fay came upon the area that the vision had guided him to, an abandoned schoolyard near the edge of the crater. There was a raging fire already starting in one of the old buildings. Upon closer inspection, there was a man that appeared to be Phoenix. He looked like him, sounded like him, but... there was something off about this. Fooled through the vision but not in real life, Fay would be able to tell that this man was not the Phoenix he knew and hated. Like a mirage, once Fay approached, he simply disappeared into smoke, a large OA burnt into the ground where his feet once stood.

As awful as that was, there were more pressing matters on the horizon, as he could hear a familiar voice coughing and screaming for help from within the building. A young boy that, until now, was previously dead, killed by the very Phoenix that that OA member was impersonating to get Fay here. He was a light mage, an effeminate young boy around the same age as Fay... one of his best friends.

He was coughing up a lung inside the smoke, and his wisps of light could be seen through the smoke ever so slightly sparking to life as the boy tried to focus his magic to no avail. His mana didn't want to cooperate, and it didn't help that his focus was completely shot.

"Please! Someone help! I can't see! I can't get out!" he wheezed and screamed, sounding just as desperate as he had in the attack on the school.

Osuka Osuka

Fay Fluorite
Time: None to explain

There were things in one's life that one should always expect to be a constant: One should always strive to learn, so that they may never be caught off guard. Within the Mortal Coil, there were also things that one should expect to be constant: The sun shines, the birds sing, and on days like these, someone's going to end up burning in hell. What one should Not expect, however, was the fact that materials to resurrect people were as common as they were being presented as, but at this point, he figured that literally nothing should be expected anymore. Tomorrow they would all casually breathe water as fish and the sun would be a chocolate-chip ice cream scoop sitting in a sky made of Hot Fudge and the stars would be literal actual meteors coming this way to wipe them all out.

After getting close enough to land and stride towards the mirage of his target, it was well indeed that he was able to tell that something about this Phoenix was disgustingly amiss, and that this literally wasn't Phoenix, well-off as the image was. Its disappearance and the reveal of the Occard Alliance symbol had made it known as a call-out directly to the Little Mage who Could and Damn Well Will, and it meant that he was now being watched. They were plotting against him, though how they figure he was a threat, Fay would never understand. He was new to the area, hasn't shown his full arsenal, and was under the tutelage of a Hero. Maybe the Alliance was going to target him to get to Jewel and the Aphera family...? Would he need to leave? Fay's brow furrowed as he stared intently at the burned emblazoning of the Villain organization's initials and became far too lost in thought...

Which was why the sudden voice was more than enough to catch him off guard, and sent him reeling for only a moment.

"James!!" Fay barked, his body whipping around towards the direction the sound came from. There was no time to think about the implications of the situation. If it was a trap, he would barrel straight into it and will himself out like casters of his type always did, and with his hood flipped to cover his head, the cloak's full enchantments came to life. Breathing in as he barged through doors and sprinted through smoke was unobstructed, as the enchantments upon it filtered what it could and converted what it could not. In dense smoke such as this, he figured he had maybe five minutes before the enchantment had to be supported with his own mana, but it would have to do until he found the owner of the all-too-familiar voice. Still, the density of the smoke wasn't making it easy to find his way around.

"Vira Aerie!" he barked again, and with a raise of his hand, the smoke that billowed before him blasted out of his way as winds from outside slammed through the obscuring obstacle, and he would repeat it again and again until he found....

Exactly the person who owned the voice he heard. James Alistair Giotto was one of his friends - one of only three at the Academy before the attack. He watched James turn inside out the day of the attack, and his mind immediately went back to Starfinger, Lord Caesar, and Jupiter. Was the Occard Alliance behind the revivals? And why James? This couldn't have been a call-out to well-known families like the Aphera, Keaton, and Oscalia since the Giotto family didn't have that much influence even in the world of the Arcane, and they definitely wouldn't be calling out some Council Associate like himself.

Darnit, this wasn't the time to think about this!

"Vira Aerie!!!" came his bellowed spell, and the winds tore through the smog as he sprinted to close the distance, snatched up his friend, and then leapt from the window. Again, his flight spell - or, at least what he could call a flight spell, was cast and he was taking off, but as he started to let go of James, he would notice that he stayed directly next to Fay.

"Just try to breathe and recall whatever you can," came Fay's voice, now more quiet. "Anything between now and the attack on the School. Anything you can remember. While you do that, I'm going to call a Mentor and the Council, and we're going straight to the Grand Archmages if a Merlin can't meet us quickly."

This whole ordeal was ludicrous. He was an associate Mage with the council. Surely the OA wasn't aware of what Fay did during the Alaska attack, right? Maybe they saw him with the Big Three and decided that he could be used as bait, and this was how? Too many questions were spinning their webs of infinite possibilities through his head as his now free right hand - as Aiko ate his staff - started to type out a quick message to his mentor.

"Not Phoenix," it read. "OA. Might be behind resurrections? School friend is back. Heading to apartment now and contacting Council, then I'll be by when they have him secured."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Muse.jpgDoll #29 Cassie Twenine and Muse
"I slept well, miss. Luckily it is very difficult for me to get scars. I heal well and quickly. Ammo removed our emotions so that I and the other dolls would stop screaming and stop resisting him," she explained, watching the chameleon as it was set into a tree, "Yes, ma'am. I will refer to myself as Cassie from now on and will ignore the news as you said. I look forward to being your personal assistant."

To an outside observer, the scene would have looked like a poorly acted one, vacant of emotion on either side. The phrase "uncanny valley" may spring to mind. Cassie turned on the television as she was told, made sure it was not on the news, and simply stared at the screen. It was of no interest to her, but if this was what Miss Kali wanted her to do, then so be it. It was what she would do.

Abigail, in her Muse outfit, was on her way over, texting her new friend she had met yesterday. She didn't wanna come off desperate... but... gah. She liked him! He was cute and so sweet!

Enzo
them
It's Enzo
me
Hey!
me
I didn't think to ask if you were a morning or a night person, so I'm sorry if you're not up yet! I had fun hanging out with you last night. Wanted to say hi and see what's up. The weather's crazy today, so I hope you got home alright.

She slid her phone into her bag, which was one of those over-the-shoulder side-bag things that doubled as a laptop carrier. Her hands now free, she knocked on Miss Panzer's door. Abigail was super hardcore nervous, which... what's new? But still! She had no idea what Miss Panzer would expect of her. She still was gonna test her, and she didn't know if she'd disappoint her mentor. She didn't want to disappoint her! There was so much she could learn from her! She was willing to take a shy girl like her on... plus she was famous. Heck, her house alone showed she was stacked for cash. It was a damn mansion!

"H-hi Miss Panzer!" she squeaked, bowing her head a little as she felt the blush already rising to her cheeks, "Goodmorning! I'm ready to start my tests and whatever you have planned for me! I... I hope I make you proud!"

(( Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Kyrenka Kyrenka mentioned Enzo))

1598445968739.pngAnomaly
"Yes... someone did. I... do not have a name, no," she said softly, watching him smoke like a steam train with many curious eyes, some of which were not even on her head, "You... work with things like me...? Who?"

She stepped forward, leaving a trail of blood down her leg and boot, then onto the sidewalk. Her "hair" quivered and wrapped around her injured leg, trying to stop it from bleeding further. Wisps of the same strange darkness tried to escape from her wound alongside the blood, though in far lesser quantity. The anomaly continued forward until she was less than ten feet from Adam, "Do not... let them take me. What... do you do now...?"

Detective Marshall

Adam continued to puff puff puff away, thinking. "I'm sorry someone hurt you, but grabbing folks by the throat isn't the best way to cope. I'll help you to make sure you don't get hurt again, you're just going to have to work with me." He took a deep inhale and then puffed out a long trail of smoke into the open air. "Who? I keep personal contracts with Daoloth, Cthulhu, and Nyarlathotep. I've been known to work with the occasional yithian, and I've interacted with night-gaunts. Honestly, if it's something that would melt a normal person's cerebral cortex, I've probably interacted with it." He studied her for a few moments, puffing once again. "I'm not gonna let anyone take you, you're alright with me. I'd like to get you patched up first, and then I'm going to have to have you come with me to get a few files done. I'm going to need an in-depth explanation of what happened, if you can provide me with that? Or I can take a look for myself."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Anomaly
“I... grabbed to keep me safe... I can’t...,” she shook her head, a grimace that looked more like a grin splitting her face nearly in half as she looked down with at least two of her eyes, “You are... strong. Daoloth... you can look through them... yes? I am... trying to keep my words... erm... understandable.”

Her grimace deepened for a moment, “I... was born... Ripped into here... this place... existence. From chaos... I do not... did not know my mother... I remember crawling... crawling out of her... my father... is someone... like Daoloth, Nyarlathotep... others... I am... like them... but... an experiment. Cult... I... I ran... broke away... cannot calm down to hide... when... when I’m stressed... alarmed... excited... upset... hard to talk and hard to keep form... more human...” For a moment, it looked like she was about to cry, bubbles of purple forming at a few of her eyes before they were blinked away.

“I was... attacked running... cult wanted to knock me out... keep me there... no other success but me... so... I’m important to them. Father... probably just liked the chaos of me existing...”

Pydir

Pydir drooled at the though of dragons, until her tail perked up. "OOH i have a dragon mode. Its super cool! can we show her james? can we can we?" Pydir was super excited. her spikes were growing even bigger and sharper as she jumped up and down asking James. Sure, she had a dragon form... However, asking James to ride her in that form? well. Perhaps truly showing it would explain bells the monster in front of her. That this childlike lady was a natural calamity that had devoured dragons nearing the levels of divine. But, it would also be smart not to let her do this in public. Pydir had a tendency.... to get wild.... very wild, in her true form. Such as though she was like a wild dragon all over again. Other dragons may even be embarrassed to look at her in that state.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

James

"Unfortunately, magic wouldn't really help in Pydir's case...I'm not going to give that lecture though, I don't think we have time right now." Giving Pydir a look he shook his head, frowning. "No, we can't. You'd level a city block, if not more. Besides, you know that I have to summon you in that form for you to use it while you're bound to a book." He pinched the bridge of his nose for a moment in thought. "I need a direction to go off of. I'm betting money that I got dragged here to deal with this O.A stuff...where do I start?"
Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Sherm and secretary

Sherm nodded some. "yeah... Uniforms. we have some your size." he took her to the changing rooms sitting outside. He had a small smile as he was still shedding tears of joy. That was her, sherm... could just feel it. With one terror came a gift much better. She was alive again... it was... amazing to say the least. Sherm hardly could think of anything else. "Secretary. Please handle the heroes that will be coming..... Take them to the abyss lab. its easier to talk to them there." was all he said as secretary instantly walked outside. with an umbrella in hand standing motionlessly in the rain as she waited for the heroes to arrive. The moment they did, she calmly greeted them. "Welcome to Tristan industries. You may refer to me as Secretary, and nothing else. Please follow me inside and into the elevator. It will be easier to explain stuff as we move." without hesitation she turned around and walked inside to the large lobby. People greeting her as she passed by. It was as if she had as much respect as one would show the CEOfinal-fantasy-vii-remake-740x452.jpg. "Tristan industries is a humanitarian focused company that centers around industrial equipment for the betterment of peoples lives. However.... we have designed.... less then humanitarian machinations, that have not been built yet. These were all for cases of emergency such as monsters aliens or the like. Though in the wrong hands. They may be considered terrifying instruments of war." she explained as she swiped her card entering the elevator. Then swiping again as a panel opened to show a key slot. reaching into her bosum pulling out a necklace attached to the key, she turned the lock. the elevator beeping before the lights went blue. and the ascended upward. "We have had a break in of our Server storage. A high security place that contains physical hard copies of our data in the event of hacking of our a primary servers, The abyss drive was accessed and we believe files were copied. I ask you keep anything you see in here private." Finally the elevator stopped. and the door opened up. "welcome to Abyss lab 01" she said letting them exit the elevator
halo_4_infinity_interior_concept_by_nicolas_bouvier.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Claymore - Gas station robbery

Not... How she had expected things to go. A little chat, an arrest maybe if it had come to that. She didn't expect the girl to just flip it and flee - but that's what she did, and she had taken an hostage. No option but pursuing, then. In the second gravity was reversed and the civilians were falling to the ceiling along with her, she spun backwards, landing feet first on the ceiling, and addressed the cashier who was still behind his counter, gun in hand.

"Watch my doritos please. I'm not gonna be long."

Then, after having grabbed her sword back, she went darting through the civilians who had been stuck to the ceiling, and ran through the door, using the top of the doorframe as a stepping stone to leap outside. With this increased momentum, when she left the reversed gravity area, she spun around and landed squarely in the middle of the parking lot. She could feel it, the built-up momentum, urging her to keep going, to stay in motion. She spun around, trying to spot the fleeing villainness, and smiled when she had found her. The girl was trying to get into the city, and Eva wasn't going to let her. Good thing she wasn't wearing her armor in full, she thought. Running in heels under the rain would have been a recipe for disaster - but with hard boots, it'd be nothing but an inconvenience.

Eva dashed forward, following the villainness' track and trying to catch up with her. The girl was going quite fast for a normal human - but she was a powerful telekinetic, after all - but Eva wasn't a normal human, and she caught up in about half a minute of running. Jumping to the side of the flying villainness, she tried to knock her unconscious by slamming her with the sheath of her sword.

"Surprise."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Twenty1stTechno Twenty1stTechno

Alexandria Norman
AKA: Machina
Time: Entirely irrelevant

Between Velocity's quipping and her darting back and forth between sticking with the class and running off, Alexandria was going to end up with whiplash. So, in time with the Speedster's dashing, Alexandria's hand would shoot out to snatch Velocity by the shoulder. If she was successful in her endeavor to lay a hand on the Flash's distant cousin, her grip would be firm, yet not enough to cause pain. Even the polarized mirror-finish of her visor dulled and cleared up in order to show her face as Alexandria attempted to lock eyes with the young woman.

"Stop doing that," she said, her voice now more firm. "Stop it. If something here can keep up with you and catches you, we lose the element of surprise, and if the place is rigged, you could set off a trap.

"Also doesn't help that a horror movie seems to be even better when most of the heroes die and there's only one left to take on the big-bad-evil-guy, so show some restraint or you could very well get us killed. So get your head on straight and we'll figure out a better playlist when we get there - my disappointment you didn't note Queensryche aside."

That out of the way, Alexandria decided to begin moving once more, slipping back into her stride as she stopped to check corners, then move on after taking in her environment once more. Namina was keeping tabs on everything around them, to be sure, but no matter what your software or hardware could do, it was on the operator when it came to success and failure. That said, it was also best to keep time in case Namina's software lost track of it somehow, and she let herself slip. Maybe Narnia rules did apply here? Or how the stories of Fairies leading people into their world for a night of fun ends up having them pop out more than a hundred years later? Even if it didn't, and she hope it didn't, it wouldn't have any impact on how quickly she wanted to finish this Carnival of Horrors. Their surroundings warping either meant the gas of the area could make it appear as such, or even with their filtration systems, they were already affected somehow. The latter pissed her off to think about, but as the Ferris Wheel kicked off and cued the band to strike up a rousing crescendo, Namina was dulling the sound and Alexandria was watching as the footsteps suddenly decided to grow a child out of itself.

"Fuck," she grumbled to herself. "Of course it's ghosts, and not only are we ill-equipped for ghosts, but we literally can't swap out with heroes who can. Makes it worse if the origin of this mist decided we were all the players that it needed for this game and stopped everyone else from interfering, too."

She had a few options. Alexandria could either knock down the Ferris Wheel and hope that it disrupted the Mist and gave them an out, hitch a ride and use it to get closer to the adolescent.... poltergeist, maybe? Ghost? Specter - whatever; Get closer to the target, or have Namina use what they've explored so far as a new map and mark the ferris wheel as a landmark that they could navigate back to should they need to talk to the.... Target.

"Should we ignore the kid and move on, or do you want me to get up there and talk to it, Velocity? Might be better if you stayed here since, at the moment, I seem to have the better ranged options."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back