• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Shield father.jpgThe Family Back Again...
After a few more minutes of sitting and nursing his head
Darren felt instant relief when the barrier raised and he could see Natalie again. The airport didn't come crumbling down. All was well. He sighed and gave her a warm smile as a greeting. Cianán on the other hand looked like shit. He looked like he had a terrible hangover... and if he wasn't mistaken, Natalie looked a little bit pleased about it. He positioned himself next to her as they walked - FINALLY - to the car.

Dara was giving Cianán shit about how he looked, and Cianán simply looked at his brother and motioned to Natalie. They were all in the parking lot at this point, and with no one around to hear them and no cameras, Cianán did not give a fuck.

"Oh! YES, BROTHER. How about you have a chat with her spirit in her mind. I'm sure Natalie would not mind, isn't that right, Natalie? In fact, I think her spirit would love to have a conversation with you!"

"Well, if you weren't so brash perhaps you wouldn't feel like such shit right now. Anyone would want to punch that miserable face of yours. Perhaps you shouldn't have tried to do so alone? Leave it to you to cause trouble. Even leaving a mess like that, as though you couldn't keep your hands off of someone for one measly day."

Gabriella looked to Natalie, "Sorry... they're always like this..."

Darren rubbed the bridge of his nose, "You were the one that dropped the body?"

"Of course. Though at the moment even the thought of it brings me a greater headache."

"Pansy shit."

"GO AHEAD AND TRY THEN! Reason with the beast. I'll laugh from here... or at least I would if my head wasn't throbbing."

Dara shook his head and looked to Natalie, now in the car with the rest of them, "It's hardly her fault you're a lecherous insect. But fine."

Darren closed his eyes and sighed through his nose a silent, annoyed sigh as his father did the same thing his uncle had just done not too long ago.

The mindscape again...
Dara looked more together, but as he took one look at the hellscape that her mind was, both in the mindscape and physically, he said, "Well fuck... Cianán you're a bitch." He wasn't one to let his brother outdo him, but ah... this wasn't going to be pleasant, was it?

"Hello. I don't suppose this can be a chat instead of a fight?"

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

1598975824551.pngDunnie
She pursed her lips and looked away from this Frank man... whoops... A little purple raised to her cheeks as a sort of blush, "Sorry... um... who is Robert?" She had no clue who this person he spoke of was. She only knew who Frank was because she hit him with water. Was Robert another person at this station? She looked back around, and once at his desk, she sat down in a free chair. Dunnie tugged at the hem of her sleeves... as much as she didn't want interesting right now, that didn't mean that she sat still well.

"So what is the paperwork? I can answer questions as best I can. I'm not good at math though."

1598976759610.png???
The man Sato appeared in front of stumbled and fell, the hood of the robes he was wearing falling back to reveal his young, bright face. His green eyes looked up at her, coated in genuine surprise, "I... do I... what?" He was wearing their robes... did she really not make the connection? He was expecting an attack, to be totally honest. She was fast though... that was dangerous. Intel had said they were from another world but uh... well he didn't expect this. He scrambled to his feet, closing the robes tightly, though he kept the hood off.

"Um... miss, you're the one that was blasting the crater with so much lightning... it was... kind of hard to ignore," he stammered, giving a little, shy smile. It was a lie, but it sure didn't seem like one. The wind, however, was extremely on edge. It was screaming that this man was dangerous to be near, trying to gently push her back in the direction of James. The man looked more like a boy, hardly tall in stature, and meek. He hardly looked dangerous.

The man's eyes flitted to his side for a fraction of a second before he looked back to Sato, "Um... what's your name, miss? You're super powerful. It was really something amazing to watch." Damn it all. He didn't want her right here. He was in the middle of something. It was well-concealed, of course, but there was a hatch he had come from and planned to return to. They didn't plan on heroes finding the tunnels yet...

Zaphkiel - Sirius' Home

It had been, surprisingly enough, a dreamless night for me. In any other situation, sleeping in a foreign bed would have had me restless and agitated, but not this time. Shelter freely given, and a night's worth of respite away from that grisly little prophet of mine visibly had done wonders on me. Still, I felt broken and missing pieces, but for once not all lights in that tunnel were cold. There was still hope, I thought as I woke up, a gentle touch on my shoulder stirring me awake. I slowly opened my eyes, remembering little by little who I was, where I was, and who was it that had awoken me.

Pale hair, fine threads of the palest silver tied in a lush ponytail; pallid skin, a cute face carved out of unblemished alabaster, adorned by eyes that shone like polished sunstones, orange and bright and intense like fiery flame; warmth unfading, a peaceful tide of glow ebbing and flowing with every heartbeat, the burning blood of the Earth running in a woman's veins. And yet, in spite of the fact that she was a volcano in human form, in spite of that overwhelming heat of hers that she was forced to seal under cold and heavy steel, I saw simplicity in her. Oh, she was complex like every being on the face of the planet, a human with her own joys and griefs, her own torments and her own solace - but she walked through life unbothered, living every day as it came without a care save for herself. Oh, how I wished it was this one I had to watch over, instead of that twisted serpent of a prophet.

Kindness for kindness - as it should be. I pulled her in, landing a soft kiss on her cheek and a whisper of "Thank you" in her ear, before my arms wrapped around her, hugging her tightly. Barely did I notice that I was, for all intents and purposes, bare of any clothing, and barely more did I perceive the familiar feeling of twice seven wings opening with a feathery flutter, batting slowly as they spread, enveloping both of us in a smooth white chrysalis.

"Thank you", I said again.

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

babeh zuzu human form.pngZuzu
Zuzu was split in two at the moment. She didn't want to leave Shard's side as much as possible, but she also wanted to spend lots of time with her daughter. In her small child form, she clambered up onto the couch and let her legs dangle. She was wearing a pretty dress that Ruru had picked out for her - Ruru had a lot of clothes. It seemed she liked clothes. She leaned against Ruru's arm and looked at the book, "Can I listen too? Maybe I know some of the stories? Maybe it'll help my memory."

Meanwhile, the split of Zuzu walked over to the cafe. She closed her eyes and changed her form to the human adult form she had, then walked the rest of the way forward to startle Shard by hugging him from behind. She gave him a playful chomp on his shoulder as a hello, "Don't be down! It'll pass. A lot has happened..." She was still overwhelmed herself. Everything was confusing. She knew she loved her family, though, and she would do anything to keep them happy and safe.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Kali

Kali patiently stood there as the song begin. Slowly the song began to have effects on her. She could almost smell the blood in the air. The beautiful sensation she had was something she had only reached a few times. her hands felt tingly as her eyes darted about crazily. This... this was a feeling she strove for every battle. The perfect hunt. The perfect Kill. IT was beautiful. As if the rising estacy rose up her body from her loins to her very heads. She salivated slightly as her smile became more and more disfigured. One could hardly even call her human as she had this look. The only words that coudl describe her was monster. Her pupils were dilated as big as they could go. The entire world felt light. Her breath was heavy as her tounge almost hanged out. She was no different then wild beasts at this point. No, she had become a monster even worse then beasts. But as the singing slowly came to a close. She quickly came back to her senses. The houses colors turned dull as her pupils became normal, and seeing Muse begin to turn around. She quickly covered her mouth as she wiped the saliva off the tip of her chin. She couldn't let Muse see her like this, she still needed muse to think she was the lovely Panzer everyone needs. "I-it was amazing Muse... please pardon me covering my mouth, Im afraid ive made quite an unsightly smile, one unbefitting a lady such as myself" She said as an excuse, Knowing muse was too purehearted to doubt her enough to question.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Ruru was a bit suprised hen zuzu hopped up but smiled. Lifting yami into her own lap she opened the book. "Of course ! you can always join mom." she said before flipping through the pages. Which story... hmm. Ruru snapped her fingers as she flipped it to a certain story. " The dragons last scale. I love this one"

As ruru began to read. The book shined, drawings appearing infront of them moving about. Illustrating the story for them. Once in the past when Heroes of myths travelled the lands and dragons soared the skys. There was an old eldery dragon, His scales were as black as the night sky with a shining gleam that resembled starry skies. His name was Meracalda. The Star dragon. He had lived since time unmemorable along that time he had committed dark crimes. burning villages to even destroying the country. But now he was old, and growing weak. He no longer had the strength to once more soar, to once more breath energy from his mouth or clash claws against blades. And so he had quietly abandoned the world to sleep within a cave, It was under a mountain near a small village.A wonderful quiet setting for Meracalda. And for years it was. Until a child had wondered into his cave. Meracalda awoke from the child's noise, but suprisingly, the child did not scream. "Child, oh offspring of man, why do you come before me?" Meracalda asked. The child only tilted its head. "I am lost." the child answered. It showed no fear, In fact. in its eyes, pity was shown. "You do not run in fear?" Meracalda asked. The child again seemed confused and answered. "Is there any reason to be scared of a sad old man?" the child asked. A child of man, so bluntly calling a dragon a sad old man, for some reason. This amused Mercalda, letting out a soft chuckle, he asked the child. "what makes you call me that?" The child sat down. and as it tossed a rock up and down like a ball. "You look a lot like the old man whos son left as a soldier and didn't come back. Hes always sitting on his chair outside his house, staring at the road to the village." The answer confused the dragon. but now awake he raised his head some. "I see.... I am Meracalda Child. The Star dragon." he answered before the child just nodded. "Okay! lets be friends!" the child said smiling. The dragon stared before smiling. "a friend...... Ive never had one, But... You are a child of man, You belong with man. Should you not head back to your home?" The child looked at the cave before saying. "I dont know how to get out." The dragon had gone deep in thought. Before he looked at the child and smiled. pulling a single scale off his own body. he placed it into the hands of the child. Nearly the size of a basketball. The kid held it tight as the dragon made a ball of light on the tip of his claw. and pointed at the cave. "follow this ball, to leave the Cave child." he instructed before the ball began moving. Smiling, the child waved and quickly left. The dragon laid back down."friends with a human... how strange" He chuckled to himself. But even weirder. The Next day, the child came again. This time two adults with the child. They were the childs parents, and came to thank the dragon for helping their child. The three talked for the whole day, and in the end. The dragon gave each of their parents a scale as well as a symbol of friendship. Day by day more villagers came to see the friendly dragon that had slumbered in the mountain near their village. From sharing talks with the chief, talking magic with the village mage. And sharing stories of the past with the old man the child had mentioned. He offered each of them a scale as friendship. And before long. The entire village had become well acquainted and frequently visited him. Even warriors and travelling priests visited him to see the rumors of the friendly dragon. As the years went on. The village flourished peacefully with the dragon. The child he had once knew had grown up into a fine young lady. And to his suprise. Even asked to have her wedding in his cave. And after that. Brought her own child to meet the dragon. This had become common. As the children grew up, they brought their children and lovers to meet the dragon and subsequently the dragon became friends with him as well. But the human life is fleeting. The children he had saw had grown old and died. their children had children of their own as well. But he was not sad, as he saw their legacy continue down their bloodline. But, A dragon may only grow so many scales. And one as old as Mercalda was on his last set. No more scales had grown. And eventually. It reached a point to where his flesh was bare. All but a single scale left. His time was approaching. He had been ready to see the end. But that day. a certain swordsman had entered Mercaldas cave. He was the descendant of a king. The country that which Mercalda burnt down. Mercalda had not the strength to fight. Nor the will. Looking at the swordsman infront of him. He saw the blade he weld and the shield he carried. Both made from Mercaldas scales. He simply gave a weak smile. He had caused much destruction in the past. That much was true. So gently, he took his last scale off. And gave it to the swordsman. "Swordsman. What I have done is true. And the crimes may not be atoned with merely my death. But I ask of you, treasure that scale. And protect the village outside." The swordsman was confused. But as he looked at the scale, then his sword and shield, He had realized they were on in the same. And so he gave his word. With that the dragon closed its eyes. and offered its neck. In but a single slash. the dragon fell. Only happiness could be seen on his face. He had done that which few dragons had. Made friends with humans, saw them grow up before his eyes and meet their children. hear their stories and share their sadness, Drink and cheer with them and feel their happiness. The dragons last scale. Was a thank you to the swordsman.... for the dragon had obtained something far more valuable then all of his scales combined. And now, He was leaving this world. To join his friends in the next life.

Deathkitten Deathkitten Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Natalie and Agas...and a bunch of dumbasses, apparently.

Seeing Darren as the barrier lifted she gave her usual wave, grin back on her face. "Hey there, love. Miss me?" Was her grin just a bit wider than usual because of Cianan? Possibly, but that was up to the viewer to decide. Darren, who knew her grin well by now (or at least, he should) would know that yes, it was wider. As the two brothers went back and forth, Natalie unlocked the car as she headed towards it, rain soaking her outfit. And THIS was the exact reason she didn't wear white t-shirts. "Listen, you want to go in there, I can't help ya. So long as you don't make me crash the car, feel free to chat." Looking to Gabriella she simply shrugged in turn. "I find it funny as hell, honestly."

As everyone climbed into the car, with Darren taking shotgun, Natalie started it up. "Right, any requests? Have you lot eaten?" Feeling a presence in her head she heaved a sigh and rolled her eyes. She was dealing with idiots, she was certain. And so far, the only ones who showed any hint of brain cell, was Darren and his mum.

--Back in the Jungle--

The hellscape that was Natalie's mind seemed no different than when Cianan first arrived, if anything the flames had gotten larger. Natalie was once again in an argument with Agas, and once again, both heads snapped in the direction of Dara. "God the Father, you and your brother must have the combined logic of a gerbil." Even as she was speaking Agas had launched forward to palm Dara's face, and unceremoniously slam him toward the ground, headfirst. "That depends, snake. Can you speak with a shattered jaw? Or no jaw at all?" Natalie in the distance heaved a sigh, pinching the bridge of the nose. "You two enjoy that, if I crash this car I'm kicking both of your asses."
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Detective Marshall

Adam glanced towards Dunnie, shrugging. "Robert Downy Jr. is a famous actor, lotta folks like his movies. C'mon." Leading her towards his desk he slipped into his rolling chair, sorting through some paper stacks to find the correct file. Adams's desk was decorated with a plethora of photos. He and his wife at the high-school prom, them at their wedding, them with their newborn daughter, on and on it went, an endless homage of the man's family. There were other things as well, a small Cthulhu bobblehead that sat on his desk, a coffee mug that said 'Miskatonic University' on it he had gotten as a gift after helping out a professor, and dead center was a massive case file that never moved. On it read very simply 'November twelfth, 2048', and inside were multiple stickies as page markers.

"Right, here we go." Pulling out a specialized 'incident report' that had, in big bold letters, "For use by Adam Marshall only" printed on it he sat it down, pulling out a pen. "Alright. So we gave you a name, I can fill that in. Can you tell me what time you think you got free and started causing a scene? Can you tell me about where you came from? Your mother's name, if she had one? I know about dear old dad, so don't worry about that." He started to fill in things he knew off the bat. Date of incident, weather, if he had to use force, etc etc.
image0.jpg
@Deathkitten

Sato and James

Sato wasn't a fool, and she was far from trusting, turned jaded by her past. "Interesting...hard to ignore. Yet we arrived here but moments ago, and we moved too quickly to be followed. Nor did anyone know where I was going." She tilted her head a bit, staring down at him. "You're not getting my name. Information is power, and I prefer to be the one holding the power right now." The wind was on edge, borderline terrified. There was something wrong with this 'boy'...and if it bothered the wind this much, she was tempted to make him a head shorter. "Don't flatter me...why were you watching us?" A tugging at the back of her brain, like a compass directing her true north. Instinct, knowledge that wasn't there before...she knew where James was, and she could feel him. There is someone here...they wear robes, and they were watching us. I don't like it.

--Back with James--
James was a bit baffled where his companion had gone, though he felt like he knew where she was...and there was this nagging itch that she was still there. He nearly choked on air when he heard her in his head, when the fuck did they get telepathy!? Wait...robed figure? Ah yea, that was shady and screamed bullshit. Glancing at Bells he frowned. "Sato said there's a figure nearby that's been watching us, wearing robes. Do you happen to know anything about that?" He couldn't ask Sato what color the robe was, she saw with air. Air didn't really do 'color', then again he never really asked her for what she saw looked like. "Uh...can you hear me? Sato, if you can, stay safe, at least until we know about what's going on. We still have no clue about anything."
851b1011996328721bc6990215bd284d.png
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Shield father.jpgMacAlasdair Family
~ Mindscape ~
"When we are together, that sounds about right, unfortunately... Brotherly competition gets in the way and the two of us end up sharing our last brain cell as it bounds around on the screen," Dara managed with a grimace, not fighting the hand that slammed him into the ground. There was the blooming of pain, of course, but spitting fire at the woman would be about as effective as a broken taser. He put a hand up in defense, "Please allow me to speak? I know you can't see sin on me, so you'd hardly be able to tell how much to punish me for. I imagine Darren has told you about our involvements. That said, you've no way to know how much of which things I've done."

"I'd much prefer a chat with you, an exchange of information, perhaps? I have many connections to various nefarious organizations, some of which I certainly wouldn't mind being surreptitiously taken down, and all of them I'm certain you'd love to take down," he said, pausing for a moment as he attempted to sit up, "In fact, I could even inform you of a slave ring in the area - they deal specifically with angels. All I want is a little bit of decorum and some information in return from you. Sound like a fair trade?"
~ Reality ~
"We haven't eaten yet, no. I'd love to treat you to a meal if you'd like? Whatever fancy restaurant's around here that you'd like to visit," Gabriella offered, "You're being so kind to us right now. I appreciate it. I know you're a hero and all, and your situation with the angel... erm, spirit of vengeance... I know you hate us. So for Darren, I appreciate it, even if it'll come to a fight sometime later. So... for that, I'd love to buy you something as a gift. If you have something you've wanted for a while, just name it. I'll make sure it happens."

Darren gave Natalie a side-glance at her mother's comments. She was right, of course... Natalie was being so nice right now. He really appreciated it, and he knew they didn't deserve such kindness. Ugh... food didn't sound good though at the moment. His stomach wasn't cooperating with him, probably all the damn stress from his stupid dad and uncle.

Natalie and Agas

--The mind of a Brit--

There was an uncomfortable silence from the spirit of vengeance who had retracted her hand from the face of Darren's father's mental self, though the sheer feeling of hate didn't dissipate. As he tried to sit up, he found a heel pressing him back down, level on his chest. "The correct amount I should punish you for, is a guestimate. But I'd weigh it somewhere between beating you with your own leg, and ripping your still-beating heart out with my hand. I don't trust you, Dara MacAlasdair, that should be clear. You will not get anything 'meaningful' from me. The moment I give you anything you truly want, the more likely you are to use it to your own ends. This is how it will work. You will give information, and I will give something simple in return. Or, if you prefer, I can treat you like your rat of a brother. Penance is given either way."

--Such a nice day for a drive, reminds her of home--

Glancing in the rearview mirror towards Darrens mom she shrugged a bit. "To be blatantly honest, I expect you lot to try to steal a kidney at the latest opportunity, sad to say. But, Darren missed you, so I can play nice so long as you do too. But that being said, I'll front lunch. Again, I don't necessarily trust you...Sorry, Gabriella." She reached over, giving Darren a squeeze on the shoulder. "I don't really need anything bought for me, I'm fine with everything I got. I'll give you a different request though. Darren is a big boy, and he can hold himself like one. Don't go dressing him up like a doll or anything, and don't let your husband bully him into a corner. If you can do that, I'd appreciate it. Now...Darren, pick somewhere to eat. So long as it's not a McDonalds, please."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

1598986278849.pngDunnie
Dunnie reached up and poked at the bobblehead of Cthulhu out of curiosity as he started to explain and ask questions. First, instead of answering a question, she commented on the bobblehead, "This isn't at all how Cthulhu looks. It's really cute though... if he looked like this I think he'd look way better."

Right... questions. She looked at the sheet he was filling out and hmm'd at it, "Well... It was 3 ğ̸̢̡̦̤͈̹̤̮̥̩͉̩̭̅̈́͆̿̈́̑͐̐́̈́͊̔͗̍̏̍͑̐͂̆͒͗̈́̆̔̒̂̓̓͋͂͐̋̆̕̚̕̚̕͜͝͝v̷̡̛̙̰̣̪̈͌̏͌̔͒̔̋̔̒̋̍̎͛̄͒͐̎͒̽̋̀̇̊̋͌͒̂̾̈́̈́̓͋̓̿̋̊̀͗̒̄̊̅̕͝͝͝͝k̴̢̡̡̡̡̨̨̛̝͙̼̮̗̤͔̠͕̯̞͉̠͕͓̙̹̞̹̲̰̤̜̱̫̰͈̱̥͔̝̪̲̞̤̲̳͉̖͇̫̬̘̣̘̥̜͚͉̫̀̐̊͛̇̃̿͋̈́̑̔̌̓̎̽͒̈́̇̾͊̀̽̂͊̈́̈́̓̃̾͋̉͂̇̿͐̓̔̿͂͑͊͒̊̆͒͊̒̒̈́̿͑̑̎̈́̋̓̅̏͊͐̏͒̿́̈́̔͌́̅̑́̀̋̎̿̅̂͊̂̿̽̍̃̑̅̊̽̃͐́͒͛̐̀̓̔́́͒̿͒̽͛̅̀̾̀̃̉͌͂̒̅̍̅͑̽̕̕̚̚̚͘͜͜͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͠͠s̷̨̢̨̛̛̛̛̛̛̛͇̺̣̯̥̘̱͔̩̰͙̱̝̗͚̟̯̞̯̖̮̙͊̂͂͐̋͐̀̆́̉̓͗̾́̃͛̇̀̈̏͊̈̒̆͗́̑̄͗̐̅́̾́͊̔̒͂̉̾̓̀̾̏̎̌͋̏̏̔͛̽̈́̏̌̋̒͗̋͒̅̌̓̀̈̽͒̈̌̐̂͑̒͆͐͐͂̅̀̆́̀͂͑͊̔̂̐̆̓̒͌̀̄̔͌̓͒͂͑̏́̽͗̄͐͂̾͆͆̔̋́̐͛̇̐̿́͑̇́̋̀̈́̽̃͗̉̏̀̿̏͌̆́͑͐̈́́̈̃̀̍̽͌̌̃̆̋̇̅̍̃̋͌̑́̀̈̀͗̉̒͋̇̅̆̀͐́̄̿͛͊͑̉̌̓́͆̊̔̏̾̃̊̆́͗̏̈́͆̔̕̚̕̚̚̕͘͘̚͘̚͘͘̕͘͘̚̕̚͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅl̷̨̛̛̛̩̣̹̲̬̫̜͖̮̱̯̺̱̮͎͚̤͚̘̫̭̦̻̻͙͙͙̼͖̘̳͇̼̺̲̦̙͓̭͓̦͉͈̞͈̲̗͕̭̂̊̓̽́͆͑̎͛̉̓̓͒́́́͑̎̐̎̌͑̒͊̆͊͋̈͛̈̋͋̏̈̈́̈͊͆͑̈͗͑̇́̆͆̀͐͛͊̏̂̎̋̎̌͋͑͒́̌̉̍̏̂̋̔̊͑͒͛͋̈̊͋̈́̊̃͋́͛̑͆͂̏̄̏͊͗̿̀͆̿͛̓̎̐́̌́̓́̉͌͆̀̋̿̾̓͋̓͆͒͊̏͋̊̋̓̔̏͗̀̇̀̈́̑̂͋̃́̓͊̾͛̏̈́͂͋̈́̉̄̂̅͋͗͒͛͋͂̓̃͌̿̀̏̃́̉̕̕̕͘̚̕̚̕̚̚̕̚͜͜͠͝͠͠͝͝͠͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͠ͅį̷̧̧̛̛̛̭͔̭͙̳͎̜̳̣͕̙͇̝̹̝͍̦͎̥̝̺͕̲̤̦̩̻̦͖̜͓̱̒̋͛̑̒̾̿̋̋͗̋̓̊̇̉̀̽͆̍́͐̉̈̾̍̑́̏͐̇̆̈́̆̊̽̃͋́̒̈̆͊̈̄̾̀̀̇͒̑̒̅̇͗̇̾͊̒̆͋̒̓̔̂̑́́̔̉͐̀̊̅͛̀̓̎̅̔̎͋̾̂̀͋̀̒̈͒̎̋̃̌̅̄́̓͊̅́̃͐̿̓͒̿̾̍͗̆̅̍͗͌̀̇̍̔́͆́̈̕͘̕̚̚̚̚̕̚͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͠ͅͅn̷̢̛̛̛̛̛̠̫̪̻͚̫̦͎͎̱͇̳͓̖͈̮̩̜̲̹͉̤̝̘͎͔͉̻͓͍͚̮̟͍̥̹̣̥͚̬̜͚̣͕̘̖͈̰͉̒́̏͂̍̐͒̅̿̃́͌̀͑̂̇̊̈́̂̿͒̈́̌̽́̀͑̄̓̀̽̒̑͑̾̑̏̈́̈͊̔̈́̈̎̀̈́̊̈́̀̓̐̄́̾̈́̆̀̇̐̾͌́̽͗̾̅̅̊͊͒̍̒̌̑̎͗̌͆͌̌̅͗̇̈́̐͂̉͂̓̿̏̓͊̒̃̋͘̚͠͝͠͝͝͝͝͝s̴̢̡̛̘̻̳̼͓̲̩̱̰̬̪̘̺̣̥̙̟͙͔͈̘͚̘̭͔̮̖̘̜̮͓͍͈̗̬͙̣̟͈̞̝̤̥̄̔͆̊̄̈́̅̂́̆̒̀̃̇̑̎̊̈́̍̑̃͑̍̑́̍̓̇̈́͊̓́̌͑̿̔͆̌̇͑̈͑̌̀͂̏͒̍́̊͋̀̅̏̈́͆̽̾͗̌̾̍̇͂̾͆̐̀̈͛̅͐̏̊͊̎̋͌̐̏̒̀̀̑̊̐͊́̔̍̿̐͐̃̔̋̇̈́̅́̀̏̌͋̈́͋̄́̀̊́̌̓̎̋́̓̿̅͛̿͒̅̈̿̇͆̈́̌̿̏̀͑̇̋̉̌̃̆̐̏̈̌́͊͑͋̀̌̈́̚͘̚͘͘̚̕̕̕͘͜͝͝͠͝͝͠͝ͅͅ ago." She didn't think twice about using such a strange, useless unit of measurement. She didn't know of any effects it might have on those around the office, and so she simply moved on, "I came from a big house with lots of rooms. It used to be used for something else. I think it used to be used for healing people. Then my mother's name was Janet, I think. Ummm... Janet Olivar. She went missing a long time before I was born though."

Detective Marshall

"Yea, I know. I like to call it 'cutethulhu'." Glancing at her at her usage of time, he watched as one of the nearby officers doubled over clutching his head, and another outright fainted. "Do me a favor and use normal time measurements. If you need it, I'll get you a clock to use as a reference. People don't do well with that stuff being said, doesn't mix well with humans." Adam continued to fill out his report...so she came from a hospital, and if it was being operated by a cult, it was probably an older abandoned one. He'd have to run a check on that later, couldn't have a cult crawling around. At the mothers name he started to multi-task, opening up his computer to search 'Janet Olivar'. "Alright. Do you have a preference on where you can take refuge? If you don't, you pretty much get sent home with me until the cult is dealt with, and we can find a place for you in the world." Honestly, he could probably ask Nyarlathotep, he made a great informant. Unfortunately, he also loved chaos...meaning he'd give the information, but in such a way that the most trouble happened by following it. He could tell you where you can show up to meet someone, but it's while they're being mugged. Or where the drug dealers would all get together, but you arrive at a shoot out. "Do you have any known abilities or powers?"
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1599036794513.pngDunnie
”How do you read a clock?” She asked, pouting as she watched the man doubled over, “And why does that happen? Will he be ok?”

“The cultists were too crazy. Too far gone. I think I saw broken clocks at the house... but I’ve never seen one move before. I don’t know what all the numbers mean either,” she explained, then shook her head at his next question, “I don’t know anywhere. I’ve never been outside before. And yes I have abilities. You’ve seen me use them, silly. I don’t have names for all the stuff I can do though. Just... eldritch stuff. I dunno. So is this box a computer? I’ve seen some at the house. I wasn’t allowed to touch them though.”

The search he brought up did indeed find the Janet she spoke of. A woman that went missing in 2032 in Iowa. She was “speaking in tongues and belligerent”, in a police report filed just two weeks before she went missing. The report said they just treated her as a drunk before releasing her the next morning.

Last edited:
Chrysos shrugged and walked up to one of the men in the power suits and got behind it looking at the battery. Shit ton of wires and stuff. "dont worry I got this" he said before taking a switch blade and jamming it fiddling around. Sherms eyes went wide as he quickly began to walk over. "Young man you could seriously hurt someone if you keep doing tha-" but before he could finish the power armor activated and the man stood up. Chrysos smirked and laughed some. Turning to sherm he proceeded to arrogantly say "see? i told you I had thi-" however. Before he could finish his sentence. The armors arm quickly Extend out punching chrysos in the gut sending him flying. "Sorry! hydraulic malfunction!" the man in the armor replied quickly as chrysos was curled up on the ground holding his stomach.

Secretarys eyes were wide the moment she heard Jewel speak in elf. "Never speak in that tounge around me" she told jewel as she pulled out a Heavy caliber strange pistol, Already this woman knew too much about her. Secretary instantly disliked her because of it. However, she begrudgingly let her continue her spells.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

dc541d90bb4150a53fad7efce28c2e10.jpg
Sirius
Interaction: Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Sirius's lips curled into a slight smile when she watched those dull silver eyes slowly open. The innocents residing within those eyes where almost calming as she watched them. What came next though was rather surprising as she felt the gentle sensation of Zaphkiel's lips against her cheek and an almost love like whisper of thank you. She didn't know what to do, Sirius had never been treated this way by anyone. She always wondered what it would have felt like to be. Staring into her eyes Sirius couldn't help but feel her white cheeks grow a feint pink. She was so caught up in it that she barely noticed the wings that engulfed them both, the feathers where soft and welcoming as Sirius found herself back in bed, her gloved hands gently wrapping around Zaph's back.

Sirius couldn't help herself if she was being honest, the offer for being held and feel like she was wanted was to much for Sirius to resist. In a matter of no time she was laying there, her arms wrapped around Zaph and Zaph's arms around her as they cuddled in bed. It felt somewhat strange but still she welcomed it. the smaller girl wrapped in her arms, Sirius wrapped in her wings. It just felt right to put it simply and it showed as her cheeks grew more pink as she silently laid there with Zaph not knowing what to do but just lay there and hold Zaph for as long as she would let Sirius.​

Alexandria Norman
AKA: Machina
Time: Is a concept that apparently doesn't exist in here, and instead substitutes its own.

1599036054643.png
Today wasn't going to be her lucky day, was it? To be entirely honest with herself, she didn't even think that her thrusters for the Mantis would work properly given the shifting dimensions of the area. She didn't spend too much time beforehand to check if it was a mirage, or if reality itself really did bend around them. As far as the fog, there was a few explanations in her mind of how it could be done. The first was the most far-fetched for herself: The particulates of the mist had infiltrated the hermetic seal and the scrubbers of her suit's rebreather, and if it did, she was going to have a field day with fixing that issue for the future. The second, though the most likely, was that it was just magick and magick does what magick is wont to do, which was just fuck with everything willy-nilly. The more logical explanation, if it was an illusion, was refracting light in a particular way that makes it appear as if things had grown or shrank - something akin to how a fisheye lens would distort a still image or a video.

In this instance, though, it was probably magick. Maybe a flash would be able to-

The sudden introduction of the very dead and flat child voice in her helmet was unpleasant enough to pull her from her thoughts, but not so much so that she didn't notice when Velocity suddenly decided to disappear entirely from her local positioning sensors - courtesy of Namina. Though that would have to be fixed.....

"Namina, begin sonar pings for twenty seconds until Velocity is found," she started, looking away from the child. "Switch between pings until Velocity is found or all options have been exhausted. Ping with the successful method every ten seconds after."

A small, quiet chirp in her ear noted Namina's acceptance of the order, and with her weapon magnetically clamped to her right thigh, she redirected her attention to the child.

"I'm going to make this easy and assume that you're a lot older than a child should be, right?" she asked, head tilting as she took in the kid. "Turn of the century at least... do you know what date it is today, by chance, kiddo?"

As far as she knew, ghosts could be up on modern times and talking about how Intel finally planted themselves as the superior CPU development company over AMD somehow, rather than being stuck in the time that they met their untimely demise, but if she was going to get past fringe VilNet bullshit, she supposed that today was that day! Today was also going to be the first of many things. She'd find out if first contact was going to solidify anything useful, and if not, if her directed-energy weapons were going to be effective in case the kid decided to turn into a soul-sucking ethereal monstrosity right before her eyes....

Or if her armor could stop it - but to look on the bright side, she at least was living out her SCP Mobile-Task-Force self-insert headcanon fantasy, right?

....Right???

If only she thought about calling a fucking Exorcist like that Priest in the Cathedral or something.

Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

shield mother.jpgMacAlasdair Family
~ Mindscape ~
"Fine. I suppose I'll stay lying down then," he said with a sigh, eyeing the beastly woman with disdain, "Nor do I trust you. Everyone uses information to their own ends, this is the purpose of information. Fine, though. In good faith, I'll give you some information first. I've had contact with a rather dubious entity, who I imagine is likely related to the OA. A runner of sorts. They wished to meet to start conversations with the Leash about possible aid and interworkings. I have no interest in them beyond morbid curiosity. Their brand of destruction is simply not compatible with my own, after all, I have a business to run as well."

"Since they run counter to my ideals, I have no issue sending you and Natalie there in my stead. If you play it well, perhaps it will be of benefit to you beyond just collection of a wayward soul?"
he glanced at Natalie in the distance, then back to Agas, "Make much note of this, however, and I can only imagine it would spook the runner. The OA has played very carefully in the last ten years. They're well-organized and well-informed. Make known this aloud, and somehow, they'd probably know about it. Now then. Your turn in this game of ping pong."

~ Reality ~
Gabriella looked remorseful as she looked down at her hands, giving her lap a sad smile, "I suppose that's fair."

Darren jumped at the touch on his shoulder, "I... um... how about in-n-out? They're like my favorite fast food place. We don't have any in Wales. It's a famous burger place."

She laughed softly, "Not exactly fancy, but alright. I'm up for it."

Cianan made a huffing sound through his nose, rubbing his eyes once more, "Sure why not? You know, Dara not bullying Darren into a corner would require him not to bully Gabriella into a corner. He's the one who makes the decisions. Gabriella knows better than to argue with him. Besides, dressing him up only happens so he looks presentable. I think he looks fine, but Dara's picky. He hates long hair, too."

"You know I can still hear you all, right?"

1599038919845.png???
"I... I was already over here before you appeared though," he stammered, still lying. He really wanted to avoid a fight if at all possible. It was a half-truth. He was nearby, and got pinged about the appearance, told to come here. The crater always gave him chills. She wanted to be the one holding the power... typical hero, typical villain. It was always about power. He hated it. The powered people should realize they were the better species already and stop fighting each other - just settle things with the non-powered!

"I um... I'm sorry if I offended you, miss. I... I was watching you because you made a big show of lightning. I had my binoculars, so I followed the source of it. You um... you have friends you left behind, didn't you? I could see two others with you. Won't they be worried about where you disappeared to?" he wanted to change the topic. He wanted to just get out of here.

Back with James, Bells paled a bit when he mentioned the robes. She wanted to rush over there to confirm things for herself, but she didn't want to leave James alone.

"Hey. Is Sato-no-kami the strongest of your girls?" she asked, giving him a weak smile, "Cuz there are two options I can think of. Either its a mage or its a... um... an OA member. If it's the second... I'd say run. I don't know why the hell a mage would be out here watching us in the middle of a storm. It's shady as fuck and... and they shouldn't have been able to know where we were headed, and then get here so fast like that. The OA are monsters."

As she explained this to James, the wind continued to curl itself around Sato and complain about the boy in front of her. A little offshoot of the wind purred across like a lazy river, speaking of a tunnel. The wind of a cave nearby.

1599041297142.pngSanta Monica Pier - Velocity
She was such a weirdo... but she was kinda fun. That she didn't get afraid made her all the more interested in this Velocity person. Still, she ignored the comments about the music and the "techno" possibilities of it. Weirdo. "More questions?" she repeated, stepping back slightly as Velocity knelt down so close to her, "I'm a girl... I'm not a ghost if that's what you're wondering about. This is an apparition. Really I look different than this. I think if you fought a mirror image it'd be cooler if it was male, cuz then you'd get to see what you'd look like as a guy. And uh... I hate riddles so no riddles... um... why do you wanna play skeeball so badly? I mean I guess I can... but... I'm kinda working on something right now."

The girl motioned around herself to the mist as if to point out that she was working on it, "I'm not doing this just for fun, you know?"

Natalie and Agas

--Inside the mind--
Agas stared down at Darra as he gave his information, and even she had to admit it was quite useful. A meeting with an O.A runner. As much as she despised the person beneath her heel, the O.A deserved so much more than most. "Interesting. The O.A is a certain breed of insect I look forward to crushing, so this information isn't without use." Empty eye sockets bore down on Darra as she considered what she could give him in exchange. Something simple, something that won't bite her and Natalie in the long run, and something not overly useful to him. "Let's start simple, for what I'll tell you. My name is Agas." She didn't really care if he knew what that name held behind it or not, but she had held her end of the deal. She'd given information, technically. "You may go, again."

--Fucking L.A people can't drive--
Natalie gave a soft chuckle, giving Darren a look out of the corner of her eye. "Simple man of simple pleasures, I can respect it. And since it's not McDonalds, I'll oblige. I know it's not fancy like you expected Miss, but since you lot probably did research on me with a fine-toothed comb, you should know fancy isn't me." She watched as someone cut her off, rolling her eyes. Rain hits the road, and apparently L.A drivers lost every functioning brain cell. "Is everyone in L.A this terrible at driving, Darren?" Listening to Cianan she shrugged a bit, speaking again. "Glad you're still present for the conversation, then. I'm going to be plain and simple about this, I don't deal with bullies. That goes for kids, teens, adults, and elderly folk. Pisses me off, and it's the surest fire way to ruin the mood. If Darra could please not bully either of the two of them into a corner, I can be a bit more cordial. I make no promises over the other half, just stay out of my head from now on. Honestly, I'm surprised you had such trouble Cianan. That's like day to day for me, it's not that bad."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Sato and James

Sato stared down at him, the mistrust radiating off her like a neon sign. "You were already over here. With binoculars. Were you birdwatching then? Birds don't fly in storms, everyone knows that." The wolf mask stared down at him, the eyeless visage studying him. "My friends?" The feeling of the wind, it's curling around her brought her comfort, even if it was in warning. And then came a soft purr, like a friend with a secret to tell...there were tunnels nearby. So this brat was playing her for a fool.

James rubbed the back of his head, hair soaked with rainwater. "Yes, and no. Sato is by far the strongest when it comes to pure magical power, and I don't know a better swordsman. She's also the fastest, by far. And in a storm she didn't have to bring forth, she's much stronger. If we're talking sheer strength, it's Hignar. But...I don't want to get into that. For otherworldly reasons, it's sophia. She alters reality on a whim...unfortunately, she's very literal, so I have to be very careful how I word the request. So...yes, and no." He took a deep breath...O.A already? Great...too much to consider right now. Sato, get back here now. It might be the O.A, and I'm not looking to pick a fight. We'll get them, but planning first.

The goddess hovered in the air in front of the boy, wings keeping her aloft. "...Your right. I shouldn't keep my friends waiting, they may begin to worry. Go home, birds won't fly today. You're getting wet for no reason." Her wings spread wide and flapped once, and she simply 'blinked' again, right in front of Bells and James again. "There's a tunnel system near where he was. If it is the O.A, they may be using it...James, for once, I'm asking for advice."

James paused, resting his chin atop an index finger in thought. "If the O.A is as bad as you say, Bells, then the police would just get killed. We're in a world of hero's and stuff, right? The best course of action would be to approach a facility hosted by them to inform them so they can organize a raid plan. For some reason you want to avoid the hero community, but can you set that aside long enough for we can deal with the bigger threat? If you've done something, and that's why you avoid them, there's a possibility you could leverage immunity if you say you'll help."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Velocity

Velocity nodded slowly, digesting all the information in quick fashion. God, it was nice to have a fast functioning brain. "I see, I see. Well, I guess it'd be interesting to see what I looked like as a guy. Wonder if I'd have been taller as a guy. Okay, so not a ghost, what are you then?" She darted, now laying atop a carnival game like it was a therapist couch. "And why skeeball? Because skeeball is friggen awesome! " She turned her head to look at the girl, swinging her body so she dangled her legs off the carnival game. "Alright. Well, it's clear I'm not leaving anytime soon. Why don't you tell me what you're working on? You cordoned off the pier, but only the pier. It's sort of fascinating to look at from an outside point. It's perfectly cookie cuttered, it doesn't go over water or anything. Tell me about what you're doing here, tell me about yourself. Are your intentions malicious? I mean, besides the music, you seem nice enough. Is my friend alright, you sort of separated us."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Detective Marshall

How do you read a clock? Oh boy, this kid really did have a sheltered life...if she wound up with him, it'd be like teaching M&M all over again. But Dunnie seemed more mentally mature than his daughter, so it might be easier. Plus, eldritch things tended to be smarter than humans. And as much as he loved his daughter, she was just too trusting about the things that went bump in the night...he seriously wasn't looking forward to the discussion he'd have on day on why she should be warier of her 'uncle'. "Things of eldritch nature defy human nature. They take everything humanity knows as fact and tosses it out the window. Every instinct, taught thing, everything our brain tells us is real? That stuff says no it's not, and here's why. The human mind can't cope."

He continued to fill out the report, having to guesswork her abilities as much as he could. If she didn't know the specifics of it, he'd have to take stabs in the dark. "Yea, this is a computer. We use them a lot for work. Before computers were invented, everything was on paper. A lot of it still is, but they help make work easier and more efficient." Looking at Janet he blew a breath, setting the pen down. "Give me a second Dunnie, gotta multi-task." Focus on the picture, focus on the face of this woman who spoke in tongues. His eyes took on an almost etherial blue glow as he took such a far stab through the fabric of time. Staring through the past, pieces fell into place. Poor woman ran into the eldritch and broke. Joined a cult, which ended up moving into L.A, taking residence at an abandoned hospital in Northern LA, that's what he was really looking for. Cult was responsible for a lot of terrible crap, Janet got 'impregnated' by an yog-soggoth, and now here's Dunnie.

The glow in his eyes faded, causing him to shake his head. Guess he knew what he had to do tomorrow. And since he's the only one on the force who routinely dealt with this, guess he was going alone. Well, at least he had health insurance for that hospital trip coming up! Picking up the pen he glanced at Dunnie, another hand going over his keyboard to start to type a report. Glories of being ambidextrous. "Alright so, do you know anything specific about the cult you were stuck with?"
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back