• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Superhero Summer Camp OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
There's so many of us omg. ReinHex ReinHex , do we have a post order or do we post whenever we want?
People rarely have a post order, generally u just reply to whoever’s character your character is interacting with. I usually wait for everyone my characters conversing with to reply, before I write anything.

I’ll open the main chat probably tomorrow and then you guys can start postings. There’s no order but let’s try to let others reply’s so it’s not just two people talking

So I'm confused. Camp Juno is supposed to have two sets of enemies (+ one unknown one): the Gifted Army and the government. All our gifted army members are pretty similar- angry, sadistic; clear bad guys. But the government side doesn't seem to have any bad guys :/ It's just people doing their job- no mention of, say, capturing/using/experimenting on gifted kids. One of them is even an 'ultra good guy' family man, and he's after the Gifted Army :/ So, yeah- confused here ^^:

So I'm confused. Camp Juno is supposed to have two sets of enemies (+ one unknown one): the Gifted Army and the government. All our gifted army members are pretty similar- angry, sadistic; clear bad guys. But the government side doesn't seem to have any bad guys :/ It's just people doing their job- no mention of, say, capturing/using/experimenting on gifted kids. One of them is even an 'ultra good guy' family man, and he's after the Gifted Army :/ So, yeah- confused here ^^:

I mean, Ginger isn't a sadist, more a revolutionary with the perspective that the government won't help but they can't do nothing. Think like, LGBT folk during the AIDS crisis. Government is failing so you gotta be vocal, get up and do something for your own sake. They're angry to be sure, against both the government and people they don't consider to be fighting the right fight. (I actually don't consider them a villain so much as a "You're doing it wrong. I'm gonna do it right" sort of person".)

As for doing things under orders, can't unquestioningly following orders be a bad thing? Even if that's the idea of being an army/secret ops agent, one may be turning a blind eye to potential genocide or human experimentation. I personally implied that there is some sort of lab facility, but I'm waiting to see if that makes sense story wise for me to introduce a lab tech character/human experimentation plotline like that. Waiting for GM to paint a more in depth picture of what the government is trying to accomplish.

That's me at least. I prefer morally ambiguous characters.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear. The Government (Gifted Task Force) is tracking down Gifteds to use them as weapons.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear. The Government (Gifted Task Force) is tracking down Gifteds to use them as weapons.
No I think you made it pretty clear- I feel like most of the government characters at this point don't really match government = bad guys xD

No I think you made it pretty clear- I feel like most of the government characters at this point don't really match government = bad guys xD
I agree they aren't "bad guys" but they still pose a threat to the Gifteds

I mean, I wrote Lucas the way he is mostly because playing outright evil characters isn’t fun for me. Cyrus isn’t evil I don’t think, he was just a vulnerable person that was brought in when his mind was most open to molding. Lucas is still a bad person, and looking back, I wrote the CS a little wrong. He captures other Gifteds and hands them over to the government, and his motivation to protect his family in that specific way was fueled by propaganda against the Gifteds and him being mostly in the closet about his powers. Sorry for not making that clear enough

I’d like to point out that some of the best villains are the ones who think they’re doing what’s right. The government can be just as deadly a threat to the gifted as any because, in their eyes, they’re protecting the citizens of their country. (This takes place in England right?) they don’t have to necessarily be evil, though some of the leaders could end up being apart of the gifted army. Perfect example would be the X-men. The government isn’t necessarily bad, they’re just afraid of what they don’t understand, the mutants.

Okay, I finally got them done x.x
Some notes/precisions:
- Iseya doesn't know Hayame was rescued by and ended up joining the Gifted Army (she thinks he's still a captive of the government).

- I originally wanted Hayame to be working for the government, but the way the government seems to be set up here (from the government characters) doesn't really fit. If things change or new characters show up I can totally adjust his bio and switch him back.

-@JackDoggo GumGumChomp GumGumChomp ApfelSeine ApfelSeine FiSHY_Boi_0149 FiSHY_Boi_0149 Talon Talon EricSings EricSings
If any of the Gifted Taskforce players want to establish relationships between their characters and Ayaki and/or Itsuya, let me know 'cause that'd be cool (Same goes for Iseya and/or Hayame when they were there, Hayame since he's joined the Gifted Army, and Akari overall- maybe one of you has been chasing her and the trail of bodies she leaves for a while? ;P )

-@Dr.Wankpants fin fin ApfelSeine ApfelSeine
If any of the Camp Juno players want to establish relationships between their characters and Iseya/Itsuya (anyone want to be one of his guinea pigs? find out how far their powers can really go? -hint hint- Blake -hint hint-)/Ayaki, let me know!
Also, if any of you want to establish a history with Akari (like maybe she killed one of your friends or something and you want to get her), that'd be sweet. Maybe someone wants to be the teenager (and incidentally her half-sibling) she traumatized when she killed her father? -hint hint- Colby -hint hint-
(@ ReinHex I was thinking that maybe Ayaki drives Diana up the wall with her shenanigans and explosions and Itsuya is someone she keeps a close watch on. Also Iseya has huge respect and admiration for Diana, and I could picture them having arguments where Iseya is trying to get her to agree to form a taskforce to go rescue the Gifteds from the government and Diana refuses because it's too dangerous. )
(@ bhuss I was hoping Iseya and Uriel could be a team, since she's lost her brother and all and needs another pyrokinetic to work with ^^ )

I'm so happy I finally got them done and so excited to do some OOC plotting with you all! >w<
Also I hope all the info in my bios works, and that I didn't forget anybody (this is a big RP! xD )

idk if this will be a problem but we technically have 3 chars with abilities somehow related to fire. Granted Blake's abilities are more than just fire but that's still his main.

Meh it's probably fine. Though no one has water powers so we may just end up razing cities to the ground. Guess we'll leave that to the government to put out the fires :P

Ayama Ayama
This is gonna be a long post lol, so I'll put in spoilers.

As far as shared history with the government, my only established character at the moment is Lila Schwartz. Everyone with a past history working for the government is likely to know of her since she's got her fingers in pretty much every pie ranging from information transport to lab assistant to fighting on the front lines where necessary (likely not quite so much in the later since she isn't a super soldier).

Regarding Ayaki, it would depend on if Ayaki has any interest in weaponry that can be used by non-gifted (likely ranging from standard firearms to capture or control technology). If she's got no interest in that, then she likely doesn't know Lila well but has likely seen her working with colleagues while in the government.

Regarding Itsuya, he's probably run into Lila a lot more, but she's not gifted, so likely knows little about her personally. He'd know her mostly in the sense that she transports his findings and delivers any potentially useful information from other labs. Thus, in his new position, he'd know she's likely an ideal target to get any useful info. She stands out a lot with her normal appearance. Whether he'd pursue that info or not depends on his principals and whether he has any misgivings about targeting someone who he knows. Or, really just knowing that she's not easily caught or brought down, so pursuing her is pretty risky.

Regarding both Hayame and Iseya, they likely have seen her before, so they'd both recognize her, but likely don't know her well.

I'd imagine none of your folks have a current relationship with her unless they go out of their way to target her.
Ayaki likely knows him as an older student who is gifted at tactics and strategy, but who knows little to nothing about firearms. He uses traditional weaponry and just sort of... makes his own projectiles. So how satisfied she is with him would be down to personal preference. Vijay is not very aggressive unless it is to protect someone else. It is very hard to get him to fight back seriously, and he prefers to practice his own skills on his own. If anything, he's quicker to destroy enemy weaponry then he is to actually use it.

Itsuya may have better luck with dealing with Vijay as a student, who as he had grown older has become increasingly willing to see how far he can manipulate his own abilities. He may also appreciate Vijay's sharp wit and preference for intellectual pursuits (though Vijay also maintains a strict training regimen to keep in good physical health and capabilities).

Vijay is very supportive, so he'd treat Iseya very well and encourage her to do her best. He's like that with most younger students, and even some of the older ones. He tends to be one of the first people to welcome newcomers to camp and help them settle in. He's a good listener, and used to handling people with high energy levels.

Anyone outside the camp likely doesn't know who he is.
Ayaki likely sees Aruna as the polar opposite of Vijay as far as personality goes, though she still prefers to use her powers over projectiles because of its far range. She uses a spear to now precisely direct her attacks, and much prefers running around and fighting close quarters. She's eager to try to learn, but gets antsy if it's not something she particularly enjoys doing. Basically, she's pretty hard to handle.

Itsuya likely find her equally hard to deal with. She had always preferred athleticism to any intellectual pursuits, and is also loud and very disruptive. She also likes to work out problems on her own, so she essentially finds out more about her powers with a "let's see what happens when I do this" rather than following any particular methodology.

Iseya may be likely to get along with Aruna because Aruna loves athletes. Aruna is competitive but has very good sportsmanship. I could potentially see Aruna causing Iseya a lot of trouble though, mainly because she's a terrible influence and encourages a lot of reckless behavior.

People outside camp may recognize her, if only because she's not one for subtlety so she stands out a lot.
Whether Hayame or Akari get along with Ginger is going to be largely dependent on whether they accept Ginger's gender expression. They may get along with one form of their gender expression more than another. Ginger's "male" expression tends to give people a lot more personal space but is quick to pick fights, their "female" expression is a lot more affectionate though equally ready to throw down, and any androgynous expression tends to be pretty erratic. Overall, Ginger is just ready to cause some mayhem and is down for messing with anyone who poses a threat to their ideals.

Ginger's ideals are diametrically opposed to Akari's, since they're not super down with hurting people for no reason, but Ginger would be quick to go along with Akari when it suits them. Ginger may get along better with Hayame since Ginger would strongly identify with both hated from the government and hated towards family abandonment. But again, quick to pick fights and varied sense of acceptable personal space. At the very least, it's really hard to hurt Ginger, so they don't really feel resentment to people who fight with them (it's usually Ginger who would instigate things anyways). In the end it's down to how each character treats Ginger on a personal level.

Ginger is often changing their look, so most people outside the Gifted Army are unlikely to recognize them even after meeting them. Especially if they choose to wear a disguise.

I really just want Eric to be hated by the respectful and proper teachers because of his constant rule breaking and attitude in general and the only reason he is tolerated is because he is a good teacher. The nicer teachers don't really like him because he sucks the joy out of every room he enters.

Last edited:
Ayama Ayama
This is gonna be a long post lol, so I'll put in spoilers.

As far as shared history with the government, my only established character at the moment is Lila Schwartz. Everyone with a past history working for the government is likely to know of her since she's got her fingers in pretty much every pie ranging from information transport to lab assistant to fighting on the front lines where necessary (likely not quite so much in the later since she isn't a super soldier).

Regarding Ayaki, it would depend on if Ayaki has any interest in weaponry that can be used by non-gifted (likely ranging from standard firearms to capture or control technology). If she's got no interest in that, then she likely doesn't know Lila well but has likely seen her working with colleagues while in the government.

Regarding Itsuya, he's probably run into Lila a lot more, but she's not gifted, so likely knows little about her personally. He'd know her mostly in the sense that she transports his findings and delivers any potentially useful information from other labs. Thus, in his new position, he'd know she's likely an ideal target to get any useful info. She stands out a lot with her normal appearance. Whether he'd pursue that info or not depends on his principals and whether he has any misgivings about targeting someone who he knows. Or, really just knowing that she's not easily caught or brought down, so pursuing her is pretty risky.

Regarding both Hayame and Iseya, they likely have seen her before, so they'd both recognize her, but likely don't know her well.

I'd imagine none of your folks have a current relationship with her unless they go out of their way to target her.
Ayaki loves all firearms and explosives so I feel like she and Lila would have gotten along well!
Ayaki likely knows him as an older student who is gifted at tactics and strategy, but who knows little to nothing about firearms. He uses traditional weaponry and just sort of... makes his own projectiles. So how satisfied she is with him would be down to personal preference. Vijay is not very aggressive unless it is to protect someone else. It is very hard to get him to fight back seriously, and he prefers to practice his own skills on his own. If anything, he's quicker to destroy enemy weaponry then he is to actually use it.

Itsuya may have better luck with dealing with Vijay as a student, who as he had grown older has become increasingly willing to see how far he can manipulate his own abilities. He may also appreciate Vijay's sharp wit and preference for intellectual pursuits (though Vijay also maintains a strict training regimen to keep in good physical health and capabilities).

Vijay is very supportive, so he'd treat Iseya very well and encourage her to do her best. He's like that with most younger students, and even some of the older ones. He tends to be one of the first people to welcome newcomers to camp and help them settle in. He's a good listener, and used to handling people with high energy levels.

Anyone outside the camp likely doesn't know who he is.
It'd definitely be cool to see Vijay and Itsuya working together~
I also look forward to seeing how he and Iseya end up relating ^^
Ayaki likely sees Aruna as the polar opposite of Vijay as far as personality goes, though she still prefers to use her powers over projectiles because of its far range. She uses a spear to now precisely direct her attacks, and much prefers running around and fighting close quarters. She's eager to try to learn, but gets antsy if it's not something she particularly enjoys doing. Basically, she's pretty hard to handle.

Itsuya likely find her equally hard to deal with. She had always preferred athleticism to any intellectual pursuits, and is also loud and very disruptive. She also likes to work out problems on her own, so she essentially finds out more about her powers with a "let's see what happens when I do this" rather than following any particular methodology.

Iseya may be likely to get along with Aruna because Aruna loves athletes. Aruna is competitive but has very good sportsmanship. I could potentially see Aruna causing Iseya a lot of trouble though, mainly because she's a terrible influence and encourages a lot of reckless behavior.

People outside camp may recognize her, if only because she's not one for subtlety so she stands out a lot.
Haha, on the one hand, Iseya is pretty level-headed and I doubt she'd follow Aruna's crazy plans. On the other hand, she's young and alone and impressionable and just maybe... ;P
Whether Hayame or Akari get along with Ginger is going to be largely dependent on whether they accept Ginger's gender expression. They may get along with one form of their gender expression more than another. Ginger's "male" expression tends to give people a lot more personal space but is quick to pick fights, their "female" expression is a lot more affectionate though equally ready to throw down, and any androgynous expression tends to be pretty erratic. Overall, Ginger is just ready to cause some mayhem and is down for messing with anyone who poses a threat to their ideals.

Ginger's ideals are diametrically opposed to Akari's, since they're not super down with hurting people for no reason, but Ginger would be quick to go along with Akari when it suits them. Ginger may get along better with Hayame since Ginger would strongly identify with both hated from the government and hated towards family abandonment. But again, quick to pick fights and varied sense of acceptable personal space. At the very least, it's really hard to hurt Ginger, so they don't really feel resentment to people who fight with them (it's usually Ginger who would instigate things anyways). In the end it's down to how each character treats Ginger on a personal level.

Ginger is often changing their look, so most people outside the Gifted Army are unlikely to recognize them even after meeting them. Especially if they choose to wear a disguise.
I think you're right that Ginger and Hayame would get along, since they have those feelings in common. Akari would have zero problem with Ginger's gender expression- the only issues might come up if Ginger tries to stop her from having her fun and hurting random strangers while they're on a mission xD (which is a scene I totally want to see >] )

Ayama Ayama I can’t really think of the specifics, but I think that Cyrus and Hayame would be buds. Hanging out, talking, beating up mundane people to cope with their horrible treatment by them in the past, playing games, that kind of stuff.

Also Rowan and Ayaki could do some kind of joint lesson at some point. They definitely play off of each other. The tired teacher that wants to help but can’t really figure out how and the energetic teacher that’s always pulling the other into wacky hijinks

Ayama Ayama I can’t really think of the specifics, but I think that Cyrus and Hayame would be buds. Hanging out, talking, beating up mundane people to cope with their horrible treatment by them in the past, playing games, that kind of stuff.

Also Rowan and Ayaki could do some kind of joint lesson at some point. They definitely play off of each other. The tired teacher that wants to help but can’t really figure out how and the energetic teacher that’s always pulling the other into wacky hijinks
Haha sounds awesome! If that isn't friendship I don't know what is ;P
And yeah that would definitely be interesting to see~ ^^

Ok... Plot points... umm...

I’m assuming it wouldn’t be too hard for the government/ Gifted Army (GA) to find the camp once they find out about its existence. Could do something with that. Do u have any large story arcs planned? We could have some more dramatic smaller story arcs for students but for the GA/government it’s gonna be hard to do anything interesting with them unless it actually involves the camp.

I believe the older students are sent out on missions, so the government and gifted Army are likely to clash with them there.

When I say plots I mean plotting relationship history/dynamics between characters ^^
I think arcs and overarching story plot points are gonna be up to Rein~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back