• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Super Smash Brothers: The Ten Pillars

OOC
Here
Professor Layton & Luke
Interactions: Byleth & Sora ( Ploegy Ploegy ), Pichu ( SheepKing SheepKing ), Chrom & Robin ( Darklord95 Darklord95 )

Ever observant, Layton did not miss the brief grimace on Byleth's face. "Professor Byleth, do not be ashamed: we do not choose the hand we are dealt with, but we can choose how we play it. A sword is merely a tool; it is the individual wielding it who decides whether it is used for good or ill. Though we hardly know each other, I can see that you are a noble man."

One may be able to sense that Layton was speaking from personal experience. Luke nodded firmly in agreement. "The Professor is right! If it wasn't for your help... Oh! I don't want to think about what would've happened to us!"

Layton watched with amusement, Luke in awe, as Sora called Byleth out for holding back and the swordsman swiftly disarmed him with a flick of his sword-whip. Layton chuckled softly as Sora pushed himself off the sand, "Oh yes, I am well aware of Professor Byleth's true ability." He had seen it himself while dealing with the Lizalfos.

Normally, Luke would have been disappointed that Byleth held back during his swordfight with Layton, but the sudden spar between Sora and Byleth, if it could even be called that, had his full attention. The boy's eyes were wide as saucers, then he clapped a hand to his head, looking exhausted. A giant key, a sword that glowed and turned into a whip, more strangeness on top of the strangeness he had already witnessed this day. It was getting overwhelming for the kid!

As the group's focus returned to the map and seeking out Lucina, Luke's tired eyes moved to Pichu as the little pokemon babbled at him. Luke translated immediately, "Pichu wants to know more about Walhart."

Layton was in his usual thinking pose: a hand on his chin and eyes closed, taking in every word that was being said. Byleth addressed him and he opened his eyes to give the younger professor his attention. "I do not know how helpful my advice may be; I am a stranger of this world and it is very different from my own. As much as I wish to help you find your missing children, Lord and Lady, I do not believe it would be prudent to lead an army on a possibly fruitless chase. Perhaps sending a smaller group to scout places of interest would yield better results? From what I have gathered of my short time here, this realm is plagued with trouble, all possibly tied to this 'Mad Friend' of the one who sent me that letter. Finding these Pillars and dealing with the source of problem itself may be the best course of action."

Pit
Location: Shiny Sand Shores, a town on the western coast of the Smash Realm
Interactions: Pyra/Mythra ( Ploegy Ploegy )

The Waddle Dee turned crimson as Pyra pet its head. It clapped its hands to its face as it was overwhelmed by shyness. Peeking through the window were a bunch of other Waddle Dees stacked on top of each other. Taken by Pyra's beauty, every one of them had wide sparkling eyes and rosy cheeks. The moment Pyra spotted them, they let out startled cries and the entire stack tumbled down. Immediately after, they rushed into the room, all bearing gifts. Two Waddle Dees in cute pink aprons brought her tea and scones, likely inn staff, while others brought flowers, shiny rocks, seashells, and a single pure white pinion feather; things they thought would please. One Waddle Dee pushed through the crowd and held up a wanted poster of the Super Smash Brothers and a pen, eyes wide with expectation; it wanted an autograph!

The green Jinjo, who had been ordered to keep an eye on Pyra, ran toward the Town Hall. He was half-way there when three large, mean-looking Zola warriors and a much smaller Zola woman stepped into his path. The Jinjo's shriek was cut off by a webbed claw grabbing his beak. The little critter went limp with fear as the Zola lifted him off the ground and raised him until they were eye-to-eye.

"We are looking for the Super Smash Brothers," the Zola said with a growl. "We have reason to believe they are here. You will take us to the one in charge of this pitiful little town!"

The Jinjo's throat bobbed. He could only let out a soft high-pitch whimper of agreement.

***​

"And so you see, ever since Lunaris took over, this whole realm has been a mess," Mayor Jinjogo said as he poured another cup of tea. "I should consider myself lucky, I suppose: my town has been relatively unaffected by his rule. Lunaris probably doesn't consider a tiny town of Waddle Dees and Doos to be worth his attention."

Pit reached out for a cookie only to find to his disappointment that he had eaten them all. He looked to the Jinjo mayor. "If you don't mind me asking, how did a Jinjo become mayor of a town of Waddle Dees?"

Before Pit could get an answer, a purple Jinjo ran into the Mayor's office. Without a moment's hesitation, he leaned in and whispered to Jinjogo. A heavy frown appeared on his face and he stood up. "I'm sorry, Super Smash Brother, but something has come up that is in need of my attention. Please, do not be alarmed. Make yourself comfortable, I won't be long."

Jinjogo bowed then followed the purple Jinjo out of the office, closing the door afterward and leaving Pit alone. A moment passed, then another. The angel grunted softly, stood up, and stretched his wings while mumbling, "Twitch in the wings means suspicious things, and my wings have never been wrong."

Something about this situation was definitely off, and Pit was not one to sit and wait around when there was work to do. Besides, the Mayor didn't say he had to stay put! Pit gingerly opened the door to the office, glanced around, then stepped out. He was on the second floor of the Town Hall. Figuring Jinjogo went to the lobby, Pit went down the hall in the opposite direction. Each door he came upon, he quietly opened and took a peek. Finding nothing of interest, he closed the door. He finally came upon one door that was locked. It had a large, old-fashioned keyhole and Pit wasted no time peering into it. Through it, he saw something alarming: a small cage with a tied-up yellow Jinjo imprisoned within!

Seeing a creature clearly in distress, Pit threw caution to the wind and kicked the door open. He ran to the cage and knelt beside it. The Jinjo's eyes were wide with fear, but then became sad as he peered through the bars at Pit.

"Oh, an angel. They've finally done me in, then?" Recognition then filled the Jinjo's face. "Wait, you're one of the Super Smash Brothers!"

Pit grinned and struck what he thought was a heroic pose, complete with a small sparkle. "That's right! I'm Pit, Servant of the Goddess of Light, Lady Palutena! Be not afraid, I'll get you out!"

As Pit stood, the Jinjo became frantic. "No! Please! You must get away from here! The mayor, he's an imposter! They all are! They're not Jinjos!"

Pit raised his bow to strike the lock. "You can explain when you're free!"

"We don't think so, Super Smash Brother!"

Pit looked over his shoulder to see the blue and orange Jinjos standing by the door, arms folded and grinning smugly. The captain turned to face them. "What is going on here? Explain yourselves!"

"He's right," said the blue Jinjo, showing off a mouthful of sharp teeth in a fiendish grin. "We are NOT Jinjos!"

The two "Jinjos'" eyes turned red and their bodies began to emit sparks.

"We're Minjos!" they shouted as they unleashed an electrical attack at the angel!

Pit casually leaned to his right, then his left, dodging both blasts of energy. The Minjos scowled. Pit smiled and winked at them before his expression quickly changed to a scowl of his own. There was a flash as the Bow of Palutena was split into twin swords, and in an instant both Minjos were lying on the ground in defeat.

Pit twirled his blades skillfully. "Hah! Too easy!"

His triumphant laugh became a cry of pain and shock as he was struck by an unknown energy. His body suddenly felt incredibly heavy, and he dropped to his hands and knees. Raising his eyes toward the doorway, Pit saw the Zola Sea Witch standing there, a smirk on her face. Beside her was Mayor Jinjogo, the other Minjos, and three Zola warriors. A strange idol of barnacled wood, shells and pearls was planted before the Zola witch.

"A-a totem!" Pit gasped out.

"A spirit-binding totem to be precise, angel," the Sea Witch corrected. She turned disdainful eyes to a glowering Jinjogo. "And you said there were no Smash Brothers here in your town. Tsk-tsk, 'Mayor!'"

The two Minjos recovered, and with the rest of their gang they surrounded the bound Pit. Sparks flew as they charged up power for an attack upon the angel. Pit gritted his teeth. Despite his situation, the only thing on his mind was his companions. He hoped Pyra, Mythra, and Toon Link were doing much better than he was!

"Not so tough now, are you, Smash Brother?" the orange Minjo taunted as they unleashed their attack.

yra / ythra
───────────────────────────────────────────

Location: Shiny Sand Shores | Interactions: GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow
Pyra watched the Waddle Dee quietly with a sweet smile upon her lips as it blushed from her pats and kind words. Before she could say anything further and begin to inquire on her own situation, the door to her room burst open and more of the little critters came piling in. It was a sight to behold, although it was also a moment that greatly overwhelmed her though she maintained her smile through it all.

Gift after gift were shoved towards her. They were of all different kinds- tea, various little trinkets which were likely picked up from the nearby beach, and even a pristine white feather. Most of the gifts were things she wasn't sure what to do with, but Pyra accepted them nevertheless out of the kindness of her heart.

However, when the Wanted poster was shoved towards her along with a pen, the aegis couldn't help but feel a wave of confusion wash over her. What exactly she was supposed to do was foreign to her. Was this something akin to what some of the other fighters were presented with after they won matches in their tournaments? Pyra herself had never partook in such things, but she knew some of the fighters, especially the popular ones, signed their names one various items fans presented them. How did one even go about such a thing?

Blushing out of embarrassment, Pyra didn't want to disappoint the little guy, even if it felt strange. Reaching out, she took the poster and slowly wrote her name along the bottom in a rather elegant cursive style.

Upon handing it back to the Waddle Dee, she moved to grab the tea next. Its aroma was calming and filled the blade with a welcome warmth that she hadn't felt in what seemed like ages. She brought it to her lips and sipped it before turning towards the aproned pair and bowing her head in thanks.

"I must thank you all for your hospitality," she began while she lowered the cup from her lips and scanned the room with a kind smile still upon her lips. "But I must ask, have you seen any of my friends around here? Maybe even one with feathers like this?"

With her free hand, Pyra moved the feather she had been given in front of all the Waddle Dees, hoping they might be able to give her some kind of answer. While it felt unlikely given what had happened prior to her waking up, she had to ask anyways. She wanted to remain hopeful, but the thought of failure did still linger in the back of her mind, haunting her greatly.

Dark Pit & Pikachu
Where: The Forest east of the Lake Shore
Interactions: Sheik ( Forevermore Forevermore ), Tetra ( A Hazy Sort of Clarity A Hazy Sort of Clarity )

"Yeah, yeah," Dark Pit muttered to Sheik as he retrieved his blades. Thankfully, a property of divine weaponry is that they are far more durable than mundane weaponry, and there were no signs of damage to the twin swords.

The dark reflection did not even flinch as Tetra flew into a rage, Sheik holding her back from pouncing on him; not that she'd succeed even if she wasn't restrained, Dark Pit was certain. It did amuse him how easily he was able to get such a reaction out of her, and Dark Pit responded to the ranting pirate with a satisfied smirk.

"Captain? Psh! Join the club," was his simple, dismissive response to Tetra before his attention returned to Sheik. He gestured in the direction of the Lake Shore with his head, the same direction Pikachu was pointing. "That way. It's a whole girl's club over there: you'll like it. I should warn you that this whole Realm wants us dead." He glanced at Tetra briefly. "You should keep your goblin on a leash."

Shouldering his Silver Bow, Dark Pit walked past the Sheikah, pirate, and Pokemon, heading deeper into the forest. He did not look back. "I'm out of here. Do me a favor and take Pikachu back with you."

From Sheik's shoulder, Pikachu's ears and tail drooped. She had hoped the angel would change his mind about leaving the group, but even she knew that he was not the type to stick around in one place for long, especially with others. "Chuu..."

The Stadium
Interactions: Ploegy Ploegy SheepKing SheepKing Kaiju Cat Kaiju Cat A Hazy Sort of Clarity A Hazy Sort of Clarity SirPrompto15 SirPrompto15

Nurse Joy cried out in horror as the engines holding up the Stadium suddenly went out and the massive building began its descent toward the earth. She didn't know what had just taken place, only that Wandering Quill and Joker were still on Stadium grounds. Dumb with shock, the nurse didn't even notice their destination, and when Arsene put her down she stood frozen, eyes wide and hands covering her mouth as the Stadium finally struck ground. The earth shook, the air was filled with the deafening crash, and Nurse Joy lost her balance. Upon the grass, she dared not move or look up until the air grew silent. She slowly lifted her head and, after looking in the direction Arsene was pointing, saw the campsite. She returned her stare to Arsene as the being gave her final instructions, nodding meekly in response.

"Th-thank--"

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Nurse Joy screamed again curled up on the grass, covering her head with her arms as the ruins of the Stadium erupted with explosions! What wildlife thrived in the region fled for their lives. Panicked birds shrieked as they tried to escape the massive dust storm that threatened to envelope them. Seconds felt like an eternity to Joy as she lay there, unable to block out the horrible din, terrified that if she were to look up again she'd see only flames and ash coming to devour her.

Then, as the echoes of the last explosion faded into the air, an oppressive silence fell upon the plains. Nurse Joy, not convinced it was all over, remained curled up for a moment longer. Finally, when she realized she could not lay there forever, she opened her eyes and stood on shaky legs. Arsene was gone. All that remained of the once grand Stadium, a place sacred to the Super Smash Brothers and those who called the World of Trophies home; the reason for the Realm's very existance, was nothing but smoldering ruins. Tears spilled down Joy's cheeks as the weight of the loss hit her. Turning toward the campsite, she numbly made her way there.

oxas

Location: Mushroom Platforms | Interactions: SheepKing SheepKing Kaiju Cat Kaiju Cat
Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-
Roxas didn't let his focus linger long. His annoyance towards the whole situation was rather high after all. As much as he was trying to not feel bothered by his entire situation, it only kept getting worse and worse. That was just his luck. Did he have the right to complain though? Not really. Isabelle hadn't exactly had it easy either. She might have had it worse given the situation he had found her in. That didn't calm his uneasy temper though. Comparing problems like this only made him feel pathetic on the inside. Here she was lost on what was even going on and he wasn't helping with his sour attitude.

Heaving a silent sigh, his blue eyes flickered back towards her and he gestured his head forward, signaling he planned to keep moving. Roxas prayed she wouldn't pepper him with questions, but he knew they were unavoidable at this point. He had opened his mouth and said too much to not leave a plethora. However, he couldn't let these kinds of things slow him down, though maybe he should. He was to stubborn in his ways, though who could blame him?

Roxas moved a little ways ahead of Isabelle, though not out of her sight line. It was far enough for him to get a clearer view of what laid ahead. It was hard to miss the tall mushrooms that stood up ahead. While some hardly stood taller than an average person, many reached high above and loomed over those who dared get close. From the looks of it they made a clear path up to the cliff on the other side. How convenient. It was strange, yet felt oddly familiar at the same time. They weren't all too different from the mushrooms in Wonderland.

He rubbed his temples at the thought of one of the worlds he had visited some time ago. Hopefully this place wouldn't be as strange, though oddly he didn't doubt it would be. His whole experience in this realm had been weird after all. Some strange mushrooms would be nothing in comparison.

His brows creased as he mentally prepared himself to keep moving forward, but in an instant his whole mood shifted once again. The anger he was trying to bury deep inside was quick to resurface as blue orbs landed upon Sephiroth's silhouette among the mushrooms ahead. His blood seemed to instantly run cold, even though it was the opposite of how he felt. A mixture of fear and rage fought at the forefront of his mind. On one hand, he wanted his revenge for getting smacked around earlier, while on the other he feared the power the other had displayed to quickly dispatch him. It had quickly shattered his confidence which was exactly what Roxas was used to shielding himself behind.

"It's him..." he lowly growled, his eyes narrowing as Oathkeeper dared to manifest in his hand. It was possible they could easily avoid the One-Winged Angel, especially since he seemed preoccupied by a stranger, but his ego was begging him to lunge forward and take action. His body screamed the exact opposite though. The pain Sephiroth had caused still lingered. He was far from full strength because of it.

Fortunately, neither urge seemed to be winning. Roxas simply stood glaring in Sephiroth's direction. Even so, his self control was quickly ticking away the longer he let himself stare. In the back of his mind he silently reminded himself he couldn't afford to put Isabelle through anything too dangerous out of courtesy. She was helping him. The last thing he needed to do was cause her unnecessary troubles.

1707179362116.png

Inkling’s extended slumber would be cut short by the sudden clammer coming from the group. Someone was yelling up a storm. Who or why? Inkling was a little too bleary to make that out. Still, as soon as the ruckus began she’d slither out of the sleeping bag and morph back into her kid form, quickly nabbing her Splattershot as Eight grabbed his own Octoshot. Said weapons thankfully went unused as there didn’t seem to be any immediate danger rearing its head. Still, whatever was going on couldn’t be good.

Up and alert, Inkling did a mental head count as she scoped out the rest of the group. Noctis and Pomtpto had left their own sleeping arrangements, equally confused as to what was going on. Eight was close to her, and Paula was waking up. That just left Ann, who seemed to be the source of all the noise. Yet, as Inkling made her way over to where Joker was supposed to be, all she saw was a discarded black coat and a small piece of paper nearby. It wasn’t too difficult to connect two and two together. Looks like they had a missing phantom thief on the loose.

As Ann excused herself to make a phone call, Inkling and the others were left to stew in their thoughts, waiting in anticipation for some manner of answers. What could possibly have made Joker decide to ditch the group in the middle of the night without even a single heads up?! If something had happened to him in the middle of the night then who would have been there to help? Nobody! But if anything Inkling was most mad at herself for not waking up in time. If she’d been up while Joker was planning Zapfish knows what, she could have been able to do something. Stop him? Maybe, although Inkling could just as easily picture herself joining right along with him without a second thought. Either way, as much as it got her tentacles in a twist, it wasn’t like Inkling could do anything now. She and all the others would just have to wait for some good news.

After some time Panther eventually made her return, beckoning the group over with a pointed tone. As soon as everyone made their way over the phantom thief got straight to business, relaying that Joker was off at the stadium conducting his own reconnaissance mission.

As already stressful as that was, that paled in comparison to what Panther had to say next. Inkling felt Ann’s gaze fall onto her, and the agent could tell that whatever she had to say wouldn’t be good news.

“…Skewmi?”

Inkling uttered back as she pointed a finger towards herself. She and EVERYONE else…bounties? Yet her moment of dumbfoundedness swiftly melted away as she clenched her hand and let out a puff of air. It seemed every new piece of information she learned about the current state of the Smash Realm painted an even more dire painting. If that's how things were going to be, then she and every other fighter were seriously going to have to be on their toes, Joker especially included.
That just left the team to discuss any next course of action.

Almost immediately the others began brewing a plan to sneak in and snatch Joker out of there. A plan which they insisted Inkling specifically not take part in. Any other situation, she would have refuted the suggestion immediately, but even she knew it was hard to argue when there was a very big target on her back. So, ignoring the little voice in her head yelling her to ignore all logic and rush into the stadium bounty be dammed, Inkling simply nodded as everyone discussed the logistics of their plan, ready to ask if there was anything she could do to help once everyone was at the stadium.

A question which wouldn’t have a chance to be voiced, as something else stole her attention away.

Eyes bulging out from her head and mouth left agape, Inkling screamed out

“WIS WAE!!”

directing her allies’ attention towards the horrific sight.

Where the stadium once was floating off in the skyline, was now a skyline completely empty save for a smoke trail that fell downwards towards the ground below. Inkling’s eye’s hurriedly followed he trail of smoke, hoping to catch sight of the stadium, but before her eyes even fell onto the ground Inkling could already hear off in the distance a catastrophically loud

*BOOM*

Attention completely absorbed by the horrific sight, Inkling barely noticed the pink haired figure making their way towards the campsite.

Interactions: Ploegy Ploegy (Panther), Kaiju Cat Kaiju Cat (Paula), SirPrompto15 SirPrompto15 (Noctis & Prompto), A Hazy Sort of Clarity A Hazy Sort of Clarity (Agent 8), GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow (Nurse Joy)

Noctis and Prompto
Kaiju Cat Kaiju Cat GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow Ploegy Ploegy

"I just hope Joker will come back in one piece." Noctis replied. A loud boom was heard from the distance. Noctis and Prompto looked up only to notice that the stadium,their destination,was gone. After it happened,the prince snd his friend noticed a pink haired woman coming to them. Noctis ran to her. " Are you alright? What happened?!" He asked.

Pit

The imprisoned Jinjo watched helplessly as the Minjos continued to torment Pit. "Stop it! Enough! This isn't a fair fight at all!"

"Where are the rest of your chums, eh? Eh?" one Minjo demanded of the angel, ignoring the Jinjo as he charged up another ball of energy.

Unable to move due to the totem's magic, Pit could only grunt as the Minjo unleashed his attack upon him. His only response was a glare at the bully. While a blow from a Minjo was a tap compared to one from an Underworld demon, it still wasn't a pleasant experience for him.

The Zola Sea Witch turned to leave. "He won't need to speak. I know there are others here, and I will draw them out." She looked to one burly fish-man. "You keep an eye on the Smash Brother. Protect that totem!"

The Zola warrior saluted.

Refusing to let himself lose control of the situation, Minjojo (as that is his true name) also ordered a Minjo to guard Pit. "The rest of you lot come with me."

One Minjo scrunched up his beak as he turned to obey. "Bah, I was getting bored anyway!"

The door closed, and Pit and the Jinjo were left alone with the two guards left to watch them.

"Haha! We got a Smash Brother!" the Blue Minjo guard cheered. He rubbed his hands greedily. "I can't wait to get that sweet, sweet reward from Lunaris!"

The Zola warrior snorted derisively. "You've got it wrong, strange bird-thing: the favor of Lord Lunaris shall go to our Lady and the Zola people!"

"He was caught in OUR town!" the Minjo protested.

"OUR LADY'S spell is what captured him," the Zola snapped back. "And we have been in pursuit of that one and his companions since dawn! The Super Smash Brothers, and the reward for capturing them, is ours by right!"

Blue Minjo smirked and raised a hand as if to touch the totem. "And if I were to knock this pile of junk down..."

"Touch it and I'll break every bone in your body!" the Zola warrior threatened with a snarl.

The two guards glared balefully at each other.

Pit struggled to resist the totem's magic and stand, but it felt like a massive weight was keeping him flat to the ground. He really felt like Pit-a bread now! That Zola woman was prepared for him this time! He didn't like to think about how that witch planned on capturing Pyra and Mythra... and T'ink, wherever he was!

"So how do you plan on drawing out the others?" Minjojo asked the Zola Sea Witch sullenly as they left Town Hall.

The Sea Witch let out a haughty hum and raised her staff toward the beach. The large crystal at the end of the staff glowed, and the waters of the sea began to churn violently in response. A roar filled the air, and a large green beast with a long horn protruding from its forehead flew from the maelstrom.

"My darling Aquamentus!" the Sea Witch shouted to the beast, "Feast upon these pitiful creatures!"

Aquamentus needed no second bidding as it spewed flames at the innocent villagers! Waddle Dee guards threw their spears, but they bounced harmlessly off its scales. Waddle Doos fired their eye beams, but they fell pathetically short. Beanbons tried to defend themselves with explosive coconuts shot from their heads, but Aquamentus was far too swift, and it took the Beanbons far too long to shoot them.

The Waddle Dee took back the poster from Pyra and hugged it, dancing in delight while letting out a high-pitched, "Wanya!"

The gathered Dees and Doos also let out their own soft-spoken coos, very pleased that they were able to get a smile out of Pyra, even if it was done out of politeness. They quieted as Pyra inquired about the other Super Smash Brothers, even holding up the pure white feather. The Adoring Fan Waddle Dee looked at the feather, then at the poster, then at the feather, then at the poster once more, then its eyes grew huge with realization. Pit is here too? Then it MUST get his autograph!

The Adoring Fan Waddle Dee jumped onto the head of another Waddle Dee and, using the crowd as steps, made a mad dash for the door. Seconds later, there was a roar and the Adoring Fan immediately returned to the inn in a panic, its poster in flames!

anther

Location: Plains near Stadium | Interactions: SheepKing SheepKing SirPrompto15 SirPrompto15
Kaiju Cat Kaiju Cat A Hazy Sort of Clarity A Hazy Sort of Clarity GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow
Watching as the others willingly gathered for her, Ann couldn't help feeling a pang of guilt for waking them in the manner she had. Even so, they all were ready to hear her out. It was no wonder her boyfriend had taken such a shine to them. Sure, they seemed to have their own quirks, and there was a language barrier, but in that odd way they were similar to the Phantom Thieves. That was probably why Joker felt such a pull to protect them. That thought warmed her heart, but it didn't make her feel any better of the situation he had put himself in.

Despite wanting to further discuss a plan, Ann found herself falling silent. No one seemed to push back against the idea of going after Joker, yet she couldn't keep herself from thinking of all the horrible things that could happen. Such what ifs weren't new to her, especially not after all the dangers she, and even Ren, had been through as Phantom Thieves. This wasn't even the first time such concerns had surfaced around her boyfriend's safety. Hell... it wasn't even the second or third either. He sure had a bad habit of wrapping himself up in unfavorable situations. Then again, their actions as thieves had always led him to those situations.

Chewing on her lower lip, it was clear Ann was lost deep in her own thoughts, recalling all the bad memories in which she had to worry if she might see Ren's face again. Why did she think this was like any of them? Perhaps it was the sinking feeling in her gut. Even as she recalled his nonchalant tone from when they spoke, it didn't ease her mind. If anything it made her worry more. He always faced hardships with his head held high and bore through the pain with a brave face. His maturity was easy to overlook, yet it was something she had always deeply admired about him.

Ann would have sunk deeper into the dark parts of her mind if Paula's voice hadn't drawn her from it. Hearing the younger girl question what they should do, Ann pursed her lips and cast her gaze down towards her lap with a clear look of uncertainty. Paula was right. The area around the Stadium was likely swarming with enemies. Facing that head on would be suicidal. Even with her skillset it would prove difficult. It was a wide open plain after all. How Joker himself had managed was beyond her, but he was in a class of his own when it came to thievery. Everything came so naturally to him and he always seemed to know exactly what to do. She envied that. Whenever she snuck around she had to put her mind fully into it, otherwise her clumsiness would come out.

"I...I..." she began to stutter as she dug in her mind for some kind of answer to the question she had been posed.

Any words that would have come from her lips were quickly lost as she turned her head in the direction of the Stadium as Inkling exclaimed out. The sight she was greeted by sent an immediate shiver down her spine and her eyes grew wide. In that moment it was as if her heart stopped completely and she forgot how to breathe. She couldn't even bring herself to move. The whole world felt like it was crashing down as blue orbs quietly trailed the Stadium's silhouette dropping from the sky.

BOOM!

The crash was loud enough that echoes of it reached their camp, making Ann's blood run cold in fear. Her eyes began to quiver as a rush of emotion finally hit her. Despite the weakness she felt in her own knees, she pushed herself to her feet and stumbled forward as if she could get a better look at what had taken place.

"N-No way..." she whispered breathlessly as she clutched her hands against her chest. "T-This can't be real..."

As if she hadn't already been flooded with bad memories before, this caused another to arise. It almost felt like similar events were occurring to that in Shido's Palace when it collapsed. While not entirely the same, the thought of losing an ally still had lingered then, and all because of an explosion too. It hadn't been Ren that time around, but it still felt all the same.

"Jo...Jok..." Ann choked back his name, feeling if she said it she'd lose it then and there. Tears were already daring to form in the corners of her eyes, though she fought them back with all she had. She couldn't breakdown. Not yet. There was still a possibility he was fine, right?

Her mind tried to convince herself of that much, but it was hard to even believe. He wouldn't be lucky like Ryuji had been back when he almost died in the explosion. There was no getting blasted from the Metaverse in this scenario. That wasn't how it worked in this world. Ann's mind immediately closed in on the worst case scenarios and her brows quickly creased. She tugged his coat tighter around herself for some form of comfort, but the familiar aroma of coffee that clung to it offered nothing this time around. If anything, it only made her long for him even more.

By now her body trembled and her breaths were shaky. Any and all confidence she had once held was long gone. Her mind was a frazzled mess too. Only the horrible situations continued flooding into it, forcing her to appear incredibly vulnerable even though she didn't want to. Luckily the voice of Carmen would draw her from her own misery.

Have you given up on him so easily? Has he not proved time and time again he is a resilient thief? How many times has he escaped death's grasp? You know your Trickster always finds a way. He is the wildcard is he not? Always full of surprises and new tricks... A fool always put their luck into the wildcard. He's always been that fool and you always the lover that stood by his side, supporting the faith he put in himself. Don't lose hope in him now.

There was some truth in those words, yet Ann found it hard to take them at face value or find comfort in them. Even with the strength he had, she had no way of knowing if he was in fact alright. It wasn't as if she had Futaba's capabilities to keep track of the team's vitals or other useful information.

Can you not contact him? I thought those earpieces kept you connected.

Blinking, Ann's fear seemed to momentarily escape her as Carmen reminded her of the earpieces. In her own panic, she had forgotten of their most basic form of communication. That brought some hope back to her. With a shaky breath, she slowly lifted a finger up to her ear and gently pressed against the side of the earpiece.

"J-Joker...? Joker, do you read me..?" she asked nervously, her voice almost coming out as a whisper. As static echoed back across the line, Ann's breath hitched in the back of her throat, but she dared to try again. "J-Joker, please answer me!" Her voice grew stronger as she spoke, letting her desperation ooze out. She didn't just want to hear his voice at this point, no, she needed to hear it.

Again static hung over the line and Panther choked back a pained cry. Now the worst feelings were smacking her directly in the face. How could she not feel completely broken?

Ann was visibly on the edge of a breakdown. It was no secret given her body language and expression, but at the glimpse of red and black in her peripherals, a small pang of hope filled her once again. Her blurry vision tried to focus on the two figures in the near distance, but it was near impossible even as she frantically wiped tears from her eyes. Even so it was hard to miss the raven colored feathers against the vibrant morning sky, but as soon as she was able to confirm they belonged to Arsene, they burned away in a sea of blue flames.

Her eyes quickly flickered towards the second figure, her heart pounding in anticipation and hope that she'd be greeted by Joker's slender figure, but it was not that. She was greeted by a much different sight. A feminine figure stumbled towards them. Her pink hair and panicked expression were nothing close to the frizzy, black mop and cocky smirk she had hoped to see. Her heart dropped. If this was who Arsene brought back then did it mean...?

The thought caused Ann to choke back another cry as she bit down on her lower lip to keep it from trembling. Her cries wanted to escape badly, yet every ounce of her was fighting to hold strong. Such strength wouldn't last long though. Her mind was racing with questions. Had Ren sacrificed himself to save this woman? Was Arsene disappearing so quickly a display of his final flames burning out inside him as he died? Was he actually gone?

Her heart was practically jumping out of her chest in a mixture of fear, sadness and disbelief. She couldn't even focus on Nurse Joy. Her eyes stared past the nurse as she shakily moved forward. She didn't even notice Noctis rushing to aid of the newcomer. Ann's focus was entirely on the burning Stadium in the distance. Each step she took only brought her closer to collapsing in a heap. Eventually, she croaked out softly as she lost her composure and fell to her knees. She couldn't hold it any longer.

"RENNNNNNNN!!" she wailed. Her cry was as bloodcurdling as they came. Quickly, she buried her face into her hands, letting the full force of her emotions come out. There was no definitive proof that something had happened to him, but with the way everything had stacked up, she couldn't help feeling the worst outcome possible had come upon him.

It wasn't like her to be like this, not until she could at least confirm it for herself, but she had reached her limits. Even with Nurse Joy right there with possible answers on Joker's wellbeing, Ann couldn't think straight, especially after the thought of Arsene disappearing being the last she might see of her boyfriend had surfaced in her mind. It hurt. Why couldn't she have stopped him before he left? She had let him escape her grasp. If only she had stopped him then there would have been no doubt that he wasn't somewhere among the flames of the Stadium. He would have been right here. That guilt clung to Ann as her sobs persisted and she pulled her knees up to her chest to bury her face into them.

Last edited:
Cyan nods, preferring Pereringe to do all the talking, but that voice in his head is still anxious. Trying to have peaceful negotiations with Emperor Gestahl worked or so he thought, and it ended up blowing everything sky high, not this time he’s ready to fight. He can’t have it on his conscience if anything happens to Peregrine and he did nothing. Although Peregrine trusts in these Iron Knuckles he’s skeptical because of the magitek empire and the Doma genocide. He hopes his companion knows what he’s doing because that voice is very skeptical this meeting will end well, maybe his paranoia is talking.

Taking a big risk isn’t something he could necessarily take or afford. All he could see is Elayne and Owayne boarding the spirit train, or dubbed the phantom train. A tiny part of him, just a small part of him thinks this will end up better than he thinks. Cyan held on to that little glimmer of hope in hopes he’s wrong. “ How do you recognize an iron knuckle? I’m going to take a stab in the dark and say they’re warriors clad in full suits of armor, right?” He kept an eye out for them just in case, curious to see them, getting a the impression they’re pretty damn strong, and that piqued his interest despite his reservations.

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

yra / ythra

It seemed none of the Waddle Dees had much of an answer for her. Perhaps she had expected too much from them. Pyra parted her lips and let a sigh slip from between them before she watched the Adoring Fan hurriedly re-enter the room waving its burning poster in a tizzy. While she wasn't sure what exactly had occurred, it certainly caught her attention.

Rushing forward, she didn't think twice before closing her hand around the flames and putting them out just like that. As a blade of fire, such things didn't even faze her. Her resistance to such things was rather high. It was only natural.

Glancing back at the horde of Waddle Dee, Pyra held up her hand before she dared speaking. "Stay here, okay? If there's something dangerous out there it's best I go face it and not risk your lives."

Without another word, the aegis turned once more and made her way out of the inn. What awaited her, she didn't know, but she the dreadful feeling of danger hung over her. It really couldn't be peaceful for more than five minutes, though then again who knew how long she had been passed out for. It could have been minutes, hours, days... The thought was something she didn't want to focus on. Instead, she pushed open the front door and stepped out into the blistering sun.

The intense light caused her to squint and shield her eyes. It would be a moment longer before her vision adjusted and the scene would become clear, though the panicked cries had already reached her ears. It was just as she had feared- danger had come.

Pyra's word manifested in a flurry of flames as she gripped its hilt tightly in her hand. In the distance she could see some sea monster terrorizing the beach while Waddle Doos tried fighting it off with beam attack and Waddle Dees with their spears. Their attempts were all in vain though. To see so many of them swatted away as if they were nothing broke her heart. She had to do something and fast before any more lives were taken before her eyes. Her feet pushed her forward and she rushed to the scene as quickly as possible.

"Evacuate immediately! Please save yourselves if you can!" she cried out upon her arrival. It was likely a hopeless plea, but if they could escape she would buy them the time to, even if her body was still in a rather worn state from only awakening a short while ago. "I will buy you as much time as I can! Please just go!"

Once her pleas were over, Pyra quickly turned her attention to Aquamentus and gritted her teeth before she launched her sword at the beast without a second thought. The blade would flare to life with flames as it spin with such speed and power towards its large target.

"Over here you foul beast! I'll be your opponent from here on!"

oker

Location: Stadium -> Plains near Stadium | Interactions: SheepKing SheepKing
SirPrompto15 SirPrompto15 Kaiju Cat Kaiju Cat A Hazy Sort of Clarity A Hazy Sort of Clarity GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow
Joker's breaths would finally slow after a few moments longer, but even though he had calmed himself, his body still throbbed with pain. He didn't have time to worry about it though. While his wellbeing probably should be a high priority, he couldn't take chances sitting around to ease his own aches. He already had wasted enough time and it wasn't as if they would magically go away merely by sitting where he was.

Sighing, Ren rubbed his temples and prepared to clamber to his feet, but the faint sound of Ann's voice immediately caused him to perk up and stop himself. The sound wasn't directly in his ear making it clear his earpiece had fallen out at some point. That was enough to put his head on a swivel in search for it. It didn't take him long to spot it, but once more his attention would be taken away. This time it would be the sound of rattling chains. The sound was one he was familiar with and the color in his face seemed to quickly fade as he was struck with momentary fear. It couldn't be... could it?

His eyes were wide as saucers as the sound only continued to get louder as the source drew closer. Here he had been worried of soldiers surviving the crash, but not once had it crossed his mind that he'd an encounter a shadow of his own world. Joker knew it had always been a possibility given that the Smash Realm had taken on properties of the Metaverse upon his arrival, but never would he have expected it to also inherit the shadows that acted as security in the depths of Mementos. Maybe he was wrong in his assumptions. Rattling chains could mean something entirely different, right?

Wrong!

Joker dared to lift his gaze in hopes that his fears wouldn't be true, but he was met with exactly what he wished not to see; a Reaper. There was no mistaking it. A bloodied, white sack covered its head with one piercing white eye glaring through the singular hole. It wore a long, black robe that was shrouded in a ghastly red aura and chains crossed over its chest. Unlike others of its kind, the Reapers of his world didn't wield scythes and instead each hand carried long barreled revolvers. In most cases one would expect a being of this nature to appear upon so much death, yet that was hardly its reason to appear. It hadn't come to reap the souls of those fallen, it had come to eliminate any threats that still lingered, and that very threat was the Phantom Thief himself. Unfortunately for Joker, he had already been spotted.

His dark gaze met the piercing glare of the Reaper and he knew he was in some trouble. Arsene seemed to sense it as well. Blue flames shrouded his mask as soon as Ren placed his fingers upon it and without hesitation, Arsene manifested and burst forward to meet the oncoming enemy. The two clashed halfway between their original positions. Compared to the strength of a Reaper, Arsene alone wouldn't be enough, but for the moment the two were caught in a stalemate as Joker stumbled forward to finally collect the earpiece. As much as he would have loved to assure Ann in that moment that he was alright, he didn't have time. He had to find some kind of escape.

Glancing towards the shadow and persona, Joker could already see Arsene was losing ground. What was even worse was the revolver pointed over his shoulder and aimed directly at him. "Me want to hear your screams!"

The unsettling voice that came from the Reaper sent a shiver down Ren's spine and caused him to momentarily freeze up. The sound of a singular gunshot would be more than enough to pull him from his temporary daze. As quick as he was to try and dodge, the bullet would still graze across his bicep, tearing through fabric and flesh alike.

A muffled cry slipped from the thief's lips as yet another source of pain surged through his body, though mostly focused in his left arm. While he covered his newly opened wound with a gloved hand, Joker would see Arsene forced aside and disappear in a burst of flames. His mask would return to his face, leaving him to defend himself now. This was bad. The Reaper was already taking aim again. Dodging seemed like his only option, if he could even move that quickly.

Another gunshot echoed out and Joker prepared himself to dive off to the side, but before he could, his mask flared up again, this time without his command. Expecting to see Arsene once again, he was surprised as Raoul made an appearance once again and shielded him with one of his wings. Even with his persona taking the blow for him, it still effected Ren himself albeit in a minor degree.

Pushing his pain aside, his eyes locked on to his persona. Even with Raoul now present, he was sure it wasn't enough. Reapers weren't easy to defeat like other shadows. They acted as Mementos' last line of security after all. Running was the best option, though that came with its own complications. He had already been marked a prey and this Reaper would hunt him unless he got far enough away. That in itself seemed impossible. However, his persona seemed to have other thoughts. Grabbing a wing, Raoul quickly threw it like a blanket over the Reaper as it approached, triggering his sleep inducing attack even without Joker commanding it from him. Even a Reaper wasn't safe from such things.

Raoul's gaze immediately moved to the thief and without a single word spoken between the two of them, he grabbed Ren by the back of his shirt and burst upwards into the sky. With any luck they'd be able to get far enough away before it woke up and thus keep not only themselves, but the others they'd be returning to safe.

Joker could hardly think as the pair flew through the air. After everything that had taken place since had had arrived at the Stadium it was no surprise he was having struggles. While he had been put through many situations where his mind had been pushed to its limits, this was certainly up there for the worst. He tried not to dwell too much on it though. Instead, he focused on what was more important; keeping pressure applied to the wound on his arm to keep his blood loss to a minimum. Luckily Raoul was moving rather quickly, though not fast enough to be jarring for the thief in his grasp. The last thing he needed was another reason to possibly pass out from.

It was only a few minutes longer before the camp came into view and the persona spread his wings out as he swooped down. Landing near the outside of the camp, a little ways away from where Ann was sobbing, Raoul released his grip on Joker and let him return to his own two feet. The poor thief looked like a filthy street animal with his hunched over stature, dirtied clothes and extremely messy and tangled hair. It wasn't a pretty sight. He hardly cared much for his appearance at the moment though. Instead, Ren gave a small nod of thanks to Raoul and averted his gaze towards the group ahead, though his eyes immediately moved in the direction which Ann's distressful sobs were coming from.

Guilt hit Joker the moment he saw her. He knew why she was crying. There was no need to tell him. He could take a hint based off everything that had happened. Even if his assumptions weren't right, he was sure it still had to do with him in some regard.

"Ann..." he breathed out, his voice like a whisper in the wind. Hearing her sob louder, his expression soften even more before he briefly glanced towards the others to see their current emotional states. None seemed as shaken as his girlfriend with the exception of Nurse Joy, though he couldn't blame her for being shaken after what had just occurred.

Amidst observing his companion, Ren would feel Raoul nudge him in the back and grab his attention before speaking directly to him without allowing the others to hear him: What are you making her wait for? It is your fault, is it not? Go to her.

Joker nodded slowly and stepped forward towards Ann. She was his priority, until she wasn't sobbing. The others could wait.

"Ann..." he repeated as he stood over her. "Please look at me."

His voice seemed to register with her this time around and she lifted her face from its placed buried into her knees. Staring up at him with puffy, red eyes and tear stained cheeks, her brain seemed to struggle to comprehend whether or not what she was looking at was real. "R-Ren...? I-Is it really you? A-Are you real or are you a ghost that's come to haunt me?"

"I'm no ghost. It's really me, Ren Amamiya, in the flesh," he responded, keeping his voice lighthearted in effort to calm and comfort her.

"Ren..." As she spoke his name so softly, things seemed to begin registering in her mind and she quickly wiped away her tears as her eyes widened and once again she spoke his name, though this time with excitement and relief.

Ann scrambled to her feet as the realization rushed over her and the instant she was on her feet she cupped Joker's face in her hands. She stared into his eyes for a moment, watching his expression soften with each move she made. She couldn't believe it... It was him!

Before she could take note of the state he was currently in, another rush of emotion overcame her and without thinking she began to shower his face in sweet kisses. The action was more than enough to break his calm and collected demeanor and make his face flush bright in embarrassment.

"Ann, please! That's enough! There are others here!"

His pleas for her to stop would go ignored and she'd plant a few more kisses on him before finally she'd stop and bury her face into the crook of his neck. "You had me worried, you know? Be glad you're getting kisses and not a slap across the face for being a dumbass."

Ann's words were muffled against his neck, but Ren heard them as clear as day and couldn't help chuckling. He supposed she had a point even if he didn't want to admit it was true. He sighed contently as she eased into his frame and he felt her arms move from his face to snake around his torso tightly. He winced from how much she squeezed him.

"Loosen up on me a bit. I'm in a lot of pain right now."

Hearing those words, Ann pulled back a bit and loosened her arms as she looked him over. He did look worse for wear and she could see he was bleeding from his arm. It was clear he was ignoring his own wellbeing to make sure she was taken care of first. How typical of him. She was about to speak up, but before she could he placed a hand over her mouth and shook his head. Why was he so stubborn?!

Either way, Joker would wiggle his way out of her arms and briefly glance towards Raoul before giving him a small signal with his hands to go make sure they hadn't been followed back by the Reaper. The persona immediately understood and took to the air once again to scout.

With that out of the way, the thief gently took Ann's hand and guided her closer to the others. As he neared them, he offered a faint smile, though his guilt was still obvious in his eyes. "I have a lot I need to explain to you all, but first..." he finally spoke, though his gaze flickered towards Nurse Joy. "Are you okay? I can imagine you're feeling no better than I am right now." Maybe he should be asking everyone if they were okay. While most of them hadn't shown signs of being distressed too much, he could only imagine what they might have been thinking when they saw the Stadium fall. "Actually, are all of you okay? I'm sorry if I worried you."

Ann sighed as she watched Ren once again putting others before himself. Sometimes she wished he would think of his own wellbeing before others, but that just wasn't who he was. His empathy and kindness towards all around him was what made him truly special. Letting him address the others, she let her eyes quietly look over his bleeding arm before she pulled her hand out of his and carefully yanked one of her gloves off. Luckily she wore rather long gloves, though even then it hardly could wrap around his bicep. She did it anyways in hopes of keeping his injury from getting infected.

Last edited:
Pit

A Beanbon squeaked and kicked helplessly within the jaws of Aquamentus. The little plant critter was about to be swallowed whole when a spinning sword of flames struck the dragon in the side of the head, forcing it to release the Beanbon. Aquamentus shook its great head then roared angrily at Pyra. While the sword itself was enough to knock the Beanbon out of Aquamentus's jaws and catch its attention, there was a noticable lack of burn damage: Aquamentus is immune to fire!

The sea dragon lowered its head threateningly toward the Aegis and scraped the ground with its front talons. It snorted and charged like a raging bull, intending on impailing Pyra upon its great horn! The villagers panicked and scattered, whether from Aquamentus's charge or Pyra's order to retreat was unknown.

The Zola Sea Witch smirked upon seeing Pyra's arrival and her challenge to the beast. "You see, Minjo? The Super Smash Brothers are the 'heroes' of this realm: they cannot ignore those in trouble. That makes them very predictable." She looked to Minjogo out of the corner of her eye. "Make yourself useful and contact Lord Lunaris, will you? I might be kind enough to split some of the credit with you. At the very least you won't be charged with treason for housing criminals in your town."

Minjogo scowled but scurried off to obey. The Sea Witch was far more powerful and cunning than he was, and he knew well the punishment for treason!

The Sea Witch returned her attention to Pyra. With the Aegis out in the open and distracted, this was her time to act! Reaching into a belt pouch, she scattered ground coral into the air while muttering a spell. Then she waved her staff in a circle, activating the magic: a bubble of entrapment, aimed at Pyra!

Back in the Town Hall, Pit heard the destruction going on outside. He gritted his teeth in frustration. Somehow, he must get free and help out! Surely there was a way to break the spell, or alert Pyra and Mythra to his location! Raising his eyes Pit, saw the two guards with their backs turned to each other, stubbornly refusing to even look at one another. A devious plan formed in his mind. Time to put his ever-impressive voice acting talent to use!

"Stupid, smelly fish," Pit mumbled in a somewhat passable imitation of a Minjo's voice. "Go chuck yourself into a fry!"

The Zola guard turned his head to glare at the Minjo. "Eh? What's that, puny land critter?"

The Blue Minjo looked over his shoulder and sniffed in distaste. "I didn't say anything, mud-for-brains!"

The Zola growled, "You said something, I heard it! I warn you: do not test me!"

Rather than give a response, Blue Minjo faced forward and ignored the Zola.

"How can you hear anything? You don't got ears!"

The Zola whipped around and lunged at the Minjo. "That's it! You'll be leaving with a bent beak!"

Blue Minjo surrounded himself with sparks, which gave the Zola warrior a nasty shock and sent him flying backwards. "Ha! Well, it just so happens to be Friday, and I'm in the mood for some fish 'n' chips!"

The Zola jumped back to his feet, opened his great mouth, and fired three energy balls of his own toward the Minjo. Blue Minjo was blasted back into a nearby bookshelf, destroying it and sending papers flying. Chaos broke out in the office as energy attacks were unleashed. One carelessly aimed sphere shattered a window and shot into the air!

Last edited:
F-Zero_-_Captain_Falcon_as_seen_in_F-Zero_GX_and_F-Zero_AX (1).pngCaptain Falcon, still holding onto the Great Fairy's nose, hears Yoshi's call and swiftly turns his head to see the egg flying through the air, carrying the Joy Pendant. With practiced precision, he releases his grip on the Great Fairy and leaps backwards, narrowly avoiding another burst of dark energy she unleashes in her distress.

As the egg arcs through the air towards its target, Captain Falcon's eyes lock onto it. Time seems to slow as he focuses his concentration, gauging the trajectory and timing of his next move. With impeccable timing, he extends his arm, fingers outstretched, and with a swift motion, he intercepts the pendant-laden egg mid-flight.

With the pendant now securely in his grasp, he wastes no time. Channeling his determination and resolve, he charges forward once again, closing the distance between himself and the Great Fairy in a matter of seconds. With a swift, yet gentle, motion, he reaches out and clasps the pendant around her neck, just as the corrupting energies within her surge once more.

The pendant begins to glow softly, its radiant energy pushing back against the darkness that consumes the Great Fairy. Captain Falcon's voice rings out, strong and unwavering amidst the chaos.

"Stay strong, Great Fairy! You're not alone in this battle! Come back to your people! Come back to the LIGHT!"

As the pendant's light intensifies, a shimmering barrier forms around the Great Fairy, repelling the dark energies and restoring a semblance of calm to the once chaotic scene. Captain Falcon stands tall, his expression resolute as he continues to lend his strength to aid in the Great Fairy's redemption.
Ploegy Ploegy SirPrompto15 SirPrompto15 Darklord95 Darklord95 Gears Gears GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow

• full

Interactions: Marth, Zelda, Corrin, Juri Han
    Tags: A Hazy Sort of Clarity A Hazy Sort of Clarity SheepKing SheepKing Darklord95 Darklord95

~
    Looking back up, Link saw Marth striding over to them. He took the Slate from the prince's hands, putting it back on his hip as he took a step back, allowing Zelda and Marth to greet each other. He watched Marth put on his usual- yet unintentional- charm, and seeing Zelda's cheeks redden made him chuckle.

Putting aside the cheerful banter, his expression quickly became more serious as Zelda began to break down the current situation for them. He nodded sharply, his eyes flicking to the lab the princess gestured at, before returning back to Zelda.
    The circumstances were just as the champion thought. He could sense the tension in the princess' voice, and his frown increased slightly.
    Link wasn't about to abandon his friends in such a desperate hour, however, so he reached out and patted Zelda gently on the shoulder, his blue eyes determined as he nodded curtly.

However, the reunion was interrupted by the sound of a heavy thud nearby. His eyes darting to the source of the noise, he was encountered by the sight of Corrin, who had finally touched ground. He could see her squirming prisoner, but also something else clutched in the dragon's claw.
    His piercing eyes narrowed slightly as he left the side of Zelda and Marth and approached the giant beast, his hand immediately going to the hilt of his divine blade, the Master Sword. Drawing both blade and shield, he pointed the tip at the unknown woman who was clearly hostile and would have injured Corrin if she could. He looked up at the dragon's face, a small 'Hmph' coming from his throat in greeting before his eyes flicked back onto the woman.

yra / ythra

Seeing the Beanbon freed, Pyra let out a small sigh of relief before her sword came back to her and she caught it in one hand. She didn't have much time to prepared for the beast to come charging at her with its horned lowered in an effort to attack her. It was an easy to read maneuver, though a hard one to avoid given Aquamentus' sheer size. While she could easily avoid the horn, its body rammed into her instead and caused her to roll through the sand.

Grunting and trying to find her footing the entire way through, the aegis couldn't stop her backward momentum. After a few seconds longer, she finally fell in a heap and groaned. Her body ached, not only from the attack, but everything that she had been put through since her arrival. There hadn't been a proper time for her to rest even when she had been unconscious. Everything was catching up to her and her own tiredness was starting to show.

Pyra slowly sat up and brushed sand from her face and clothing before she gave a small shake of her head to rid the sand from her hair. Knowing she couldn't waste much time, she climbed back to her feet and looked back towards Aquamentus with a steady gaze. She needed to figure out how she was going to beat this thing. There was no relying on Mythra and it seemed as if her own previous attack had been rather ineffective. It was a bit disheartening though she didn't let it show on her features. Instead, she lifted her sword into an attacking position and mentally braced herself for what was to come.

However, her attention would briefly be pulled from her target as she noticed an orb come bursting out a window of a nearby building. Whatever was going on inside, she couldn't worry about. It wasn't her problem nor did she have reason to run from the issue that presented itself before her.

She returned her focus back to Aquamentus, but again she wouldn't be able to focus on her objective for long. This time though the issue was much more worrisome. It was in the blink of an eye she felt herself trapped and she gritted her teeth in frustration. Where had this magic come from? It couldn't have been the sea monster, could it? Pyra wasn't sure, but as soon as water started to flood in around her, she knew she was in dire trouble. Water was a natural weakness to her flames. Did the one doing this know that? Maybe. Still, she had no clue who or what had brought this upon her. Thrashing against the walls of her prison, the blade quickly realized there was no easy escape. Even her sword would have troubles blazing through a magic entrapment spell. She was trapped and she couldn't do a single thing about it.

Nurse Joy
Interactions: Joker/Ann ( Ploegy Ploegy ), Inkling ( SheepKing SheepKing ), Noctis & Prompto ( SirPrompto15 SirPrompto15 ), Paula ( Kaiju Cat Kaiju Cat ), Agent 8 ( A Hazy Sort of Clarity A Hazy Sort of Clarity )

Noctis was the first to reach Nurse Joy, and the good nurse could only stare blankly at him, clearly shaken by what had just happened. A sudden scream, like that of a dying animal, drew her attention to Ann, who had collasped in grief. Seeing the poor girl in that state seemed to snap Joy out of her stupor. She could not forget who she was: the Head Nurse of all the Joys who worked at the Stadium. She had tended to every Super Smash Brother personally at some point during the tournaments. When Lunaris took control of the realm and his forces moved to occupy the Stadium, she had stayed behind to free the Pokemon from their Pokeballs and give them a chance to escape along with the other Joys. For the sake of those who depend on her, she must not lose her resolve!

Joy nodded a silent thank you to Noctis before kneeling before Ann. She spoke comfortingly to the young woman. "Hush, dear. Joker is alive! Arsene told me such."

As Joker rejoined the group, Joy rose to her feet and silently stepped back to allow the couple their space. A small smile showed on her weary features and she politely turned her gaze away as Ann showered kisses upon Joker's face.

When things settled and Joker addressed her, Nurse Joy bowed politely. "Y-yes. Thank you, Joker." She raised her head and inquired, "Wandering Quill...?" But it was clear by the look on Joy's face that she already knew in her heart what became of the Chozo. She lowered her eyes. "... Wandering Quill told me once that she is tied to this realm. She could feel the changes after the Hands disappeared and the world began to fall apart... " Joy shook her head. No more needed to be said. Wandering Quill wanted to face her end on her terms rather than fade from existence with nary a whisper.

Nurse Joy raised her head again. She was about to offer treatment for Joker's injuries when Ann stepped in. The small smile returned to her face and she remained silent, choosing not to interfere unless requested.

***​

The Jungle
Interactions: Yoshi ( Ploegy Ploegy ), Captain Falcon ( Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- ), Shadow the Hedgehog ( SirPrompto15 SirPrompto15 ), Kirby ( Gears Gears ), Hayden ( Darklord95 Darklord95 )

The Great Fairy shrieked as the Joy Pendant was clasped around her neck. She began to thrash and writhe as the positive energies from the pendant began to drive the negative energies out of her being. The sorrow corrupting the Great Fairy was forcefully expelled from her body, the dark energies coalescing into the form of a twitching, screaming gloved hand that rose higher and higher into the air until it dissolved into nothing. The grotesque, twisted form of the Great Fairy melted away, leaving behind a little girl with long red hair, a simple white dress, and a pair of glittering insect wings: the Great Fairy's true form. The rain slowed to a drizzle, then a sprinkle, then stopped altogether.

A Kokiri villager leaped to his feet. "Hey! I feel... happy! WHOOPIEEE!!"

The village filled with laughter as the Kokiri were freed from Sorrow's grasp. The Wisps of Sorrow returned to their fairy forms, and the poor little things seemed confused as to what had happened until the cheers from the restored Kokiri pulled them back to their senses and they, too, joined in the jubilation.

The Great Fairy sniffed and wiped her eyes, then spoke. "Th-thank you. I feel better now."

"Great Fairy!" A recovered Kona rushed to the fountain and knelt before the girl. "Great Fairy, it does my heart good to see you back to your true self! But please, what happened?"

The Great Fairy wiped a few remaining tears from her eyes. "I don't know... Wait! I was... I was investigating the spread of the Sorrowfen when a great green monster with huge teeth appeared and... and..."

The girl shivered. Whatever happened, it wasn't pleasant, and it clearly caused the fairy distress to recall it. Kona scowled. "The Demon Tree."

"The Sorrowfen is spreading," the Deku Witch said as she stepped closer to the group, "and with it, the Gloom. The Demon Tree has grown in power. These events must be related." She looked at the rag-tag group of heroes. "Super Smash Brothers, now that I see with my own eyes that you have indeed returned, have you come to deal with our little weed problem?" The Deku woman then cackled. "Well, of course you have! But you won't get far as you are. If you go deeper into the jungle now, it'll be you in tears!"

• Min Min
    The Brawlin' Ramen Bomber

________________________________________________________________________________________

Watching in mild awe as Shulk whipped out his Monado and did his thing, healing Lucas, she stood there silently for a moment. Both of these fighters were so...magical compared to her....

Returning her mind to the dilemma at hand, she frowned slightly at Shulk's words. She fortunately had been absent for the terrible catastrophe that had happened in the tournament but it seemed that the veteran fighters still carried the scars of what had transpired. The Ramen Bomber watched as Lucas comforted the visionary wordlessly. Min wished she could say something to make him feel better, but she knew that anything that she did say wouldn't be quite right. You just had to be there to get it.

The air had indeed gotten heavier, but Min Min remarked cheerfully, "Well, I'm sure that whatever might be happening, we'll all figure it out okay. The Smash Brothers have never failed yet, yes?"

Nodding her head at Shulk's suggestion to press on, she paused for a moment to ruffle Lucas' hair, grinning warmly. Even though he was 13, he still reminded her of a younger child. Perhaps it was his shy and sweet tendencies. "Of course you're welcome to join us, Lucas, we're glad to have you on our team. Now, onward!"

And with that, she motioned for the two psychics to follow her example and continue on down the mountain.

Tags: Ploegy Ploegy Forevermore Forevermore

Mog the Moogle and Shadow the hedgehog.
GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow Ploegy Ploegy Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-
"So glad you are find Miss Great fairy Kupo!!!" Mog said cheerfully as he flew around in joy.
" At least,there's that." Shadow replied. " Though the battle is not over yet. it seems." he added as he listened to what the Deku witch had to say." I'm already broiding so it might not affect me." the hedgehog replied.
"We can take care of this demon tree,right Kupo?!" Mog asked his allies.
------
Cream and Cheese
GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow Forevermore Forevermore
Cream and Cheese finally located Dark Pit. It seemed that the yellow mouse,Pikachu is with him. Though they are not alone. They were about to turn back and report to Princess Zelda when Cheese tried to get Cream's attention over something.
Dark Pit tried to get far from the group.
The young rabbit had to catch up to him.
She attempts a landing near the group.
"Please don't leave Mr Dark Pit!" She cried. She hoped to reach him in time.
------
Noctis and Prompto
Ploegy Ploegy

"Try not to get us worried again,alright?" Noctis told Joker.
"Yeah,and yes,we're all okay!" Prompto replied. " So,what do you hace to say? Does it have to do with that stadium that crashed on the ground?" Noctis added.

Last edited:
oshi

Location: Jungle | Tagged: Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- SirPrompto15 SirPrompto15
Gears Gears GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow Darklord95 Darklord95
Yoshi let a soft sigh of relief slip from his mouth as he watched Falcon get a hold on things. He was thankful their fight against the fairy was over, but from the sounds of it, things seemed far from over. He should have anticipated as much, but he had hoped things could have ended here and they could be off. The world could never be that simple though, could it?

Rocking back, on his heels, the dino plopped back down on his rear and quietly flickered his eyes between his companions and the Deku Witch that had graciously helped them return the Great Fairy back to her former self. Listening to the words she spoke, Yoshi couldn't help but frown. He couldn't say he liked the sounds of a Demon Tree. Surely such a thing had to be the opposite of the Super Happy Tree he loved ever so much.

"Smash Bros go help beat tree!" Yoshi confirmed with a firm nod of his head as he splashed his hands in the mud in front of him. "But Yoshi confused. Why cry if get closer? Is tree that big scary? Yoshi no cry! No big scared!"

He proudly flared out his nostrils and gave another nod. He may not understand what exactly was supposed to make them cry, but he was determined to stand strong and no fall to tears like the Witch was implying they would. In his mind, sadness was not an emotion he felt! Well... not often, or so he liked to claim. He wasn't devoid of feeling such a way after all, though he preferred to remain laid back and avoid problematic situations as much as he could.

"Demon Tree not know what hit it when Yoshi and friends show up! Yoshi know it!"

Oddly, Yoshi was filled with some newfound confidence. Where it came from, even he didn't understand it, but he wasn't going to stand down from helping people. It simply wasn't in his nature to do such a thing, thus believing in himself and his friends was the best course of action.

Professor Layton & Luke
Interactions: Byleth & Sora ( Ploegy Ploegy ), Pichu ( SheepKing SheepKing ), Chrom & Robin ( Darklord95 Darklord95 )

Layton looked to Luke with sympathy as the boy yawned and rubbed his eyes before smacking his cheeks in an attempt to stay awake. Poor lad, with all that had happened, it's no wonder he was exhausted! The Professor was about to gently suggest again that Luke get some much-needed sleep when a low growl put him on the alert.

From the darkness of night emerged large sphynx-like beasts. There were many of them, and they had the Super Smash Brothers, their companions, and the entire army surrounded! Luke became WIDE awake! Swallowing hard and gathering up his nerve, he stepped out from his hiding spot behind Layton and tried to communicate with the beasts through soft growls and rumbles. Maybe, possibly, they were not baddies! Maybe they can be reasoned with?

The lions laughed mockingly in response, and one spat a fireball at the boy.

"Luke!" Layton shouted as he dove for his young friend. He wrapped his arms protectively around Luke and the two hit the sand just out of the path of the fireball.

A loud roar silenced the cruel laughter. Another beast, much bigger and meaner than the rest, leaped over the others and landed before the Super Smash Brothers. Adorning the nemes headdress the great beast wore was a round emblem of a grinning silver and gold mask.

"By order of His Majesty, Lord Lunaris, this entire army is to be annihilated!" the Gao Captain proclaimed in a deep, growling tone. He raised his head and shouted, "Gao! Leave no survivors! Scatter their ashes among the sands!"

The Gao roared in response, then unleashed their deadly fire-breath upon the army! Layton shielded Luke's body with his own, Professor and Apprentice laying flat on the sand as cones of fire spewed overhead and the screams of dying soldiers filled their ears. Despite the heat distorting the air and the brightness of the fire burning his eyes, Layton was able to see that he could crawl right under the Gao before him and make an escape!

"Luke, stay low and move forward!" Layton ordered.

Luke's trust in Layton was absolute; he scrambled beneath the Gao, Layton behind him, and slipped out of the ring of lions and to safety. The Gao were much too distracted with their fire-breathing to notice. Luke skidded to a halt when he saw Layton had stopped running to inspect the catapult he had used earlier.

"Professor!"

"Get inside the castle and stay hidden!"

"But--"

"Hurry boy!"

It was clear by the Professor's tone that there was to be no argument or objection. Luke, terrified as he was, nodded firmly and ran for the safety of the castle. Layton returned to his inspection of the catapult. Of course, he could use it to fight back against the monsters, but there were too many of them and the time to reload and fire the catapult was too great for it to be an effective means of defense. There was also the risk of hitting allies. Layton had a different plan: he went to the abandoned stall and took from it a large tarp and a box of tools. Though lives were at stake and time was of the essence, Layton moved purposefully and without panic. The wheels of the catapult were still in good shape!

Pit

The Sea Witch chuckled sinisterly as she approached the entrapped Pyra. "Two down, one left. Why don't you make it easy on yourself, dear, and tell me where the Pillar is? I still get that reward from Lord Lunaris whether you and your friends are dead or alive!"

Seeing Pyra caught angered the villagers and spurred them into action. Waddle Dees, Doos, and Beanbons charged at the Sea Witch. She scoffed and sent the little warriors flying with a lightning bolt conjured up by a mere wave of her staff. A group of Waddle Dees tried to reach Pyra's bubble by stacking on top of each other, but Aquamentus blew them away like a flame on a birthday candle.

"You little nothings!" the Sea Witch cackled as she zapped villagers with her staff. "You will pay for your foolishness!" She looked back to Pyra, a sadistic smile on her face. "You'd best start talking, little girl, before my pet eats them all!"

Villagers were forced to run as Aquamentus gave chase, jaws slavering in anticipation of a meal!

Minjogo ran toward Town Hall as fast as his fat little body would allow. He skidded to a halt, nearly falling over as he did, as an electric ball burst through the window of the office where Pit was kept captive.

"Oh no...! NO!"

Back within the Town Hall, an energy ball struck the totem binding Pit, destroying it on the spot. The captain felt the magic keeping him pinned to the ground lift, and with a happy whoop, he jumped back onto his feet. "I'm back in the game!"

The Zola warrior and Blue Minjo immediately ceased their fighting, horror on their faces as the realization of what had just happened hit them. They simultaneously turned their gazes toward Pit, who already had his bow split into two blades.

Pit smiled back at them. It wasn't friendly.

Minjogo burst into the office. "Stop this at--"

He was suddenly slammed back against a wall and two blades crossed against his throat. Pit's tone was low and completely devoid of its usual light-heartedness. "Get all of your Minjos and leave town or I will be your personal escort into the afterlife!"

Pit's blue eyes bore into Minjogo's, and the Minjo felt as though his very soul was laid bare. He was completely transfixed! Pit's scowl deepened.

"Leave! Now! And! Never! Come! Back!"

That seemed to snap Minjogo out of his stupor. He nodded ran out of the building before Pit could even count to three. A satisfied smile appeared on the angel's youthful features. "Ha-ha! I still got it!"

Pit's face once again became stern and he rushed out of the building and into chaos! The poor villagers, despite their valiant efforts, were no match against the giant dragon Aquamentus, and the Sea Witch that was its master. Pit's eyes drifted upward, then widened when he spotted the bubble that contained Pyra. And it was filling with water!

Pit wasted no more time; he made a mad rush toward Pyra. The Sea Witch immediately spotted Pit.

"You! How did you--?! Someone's head is going to roll for thi--"

Her shouts became a pained squeal as a sandaled foot made contact with her face. Pit had used the Zola woman as a step and leapt into the air. He grabbed the bubble prison and brought it back down to earth.

Pit's eyes locked with Pyra's as he placed a hand where her's rested on the bubble, determination on his face. "Don't worry, Pyra! I'll get you out of that! WHOA!"

Pit was forced to jump back as Aquamentus slammed a massive talon down between him and Pyra. The dragon stood over Pyra and snorted at Pit before exhaling a cone of fire at him. Pit jumped back again to avoid the flames and smirked.

"Huh! You're just a level one boss! This won't take long at all!"

The Sea Witch trembled with pain and rage, a dark footprint marring her scaly face. "No one... no one has ever DARED!" A frightning snarl appeared on her face as the witch turned and shot bolts of lightning at Pit. "You BRUTE! I will take great pleasure in presenting your corpse to Lord Lunaris!"

Pit willed his Guardian Orbitars to appear and the lightning was reflected right back at the Sea Witch, giving her a nasty shock. Pit took advantage of that moment to fire an arrow at the bubble holding Pyra captive, but the arrow of light merely bounced off the magical barrier. Useless!

The angel captain cursed silently, which turned into a grunt as Aquamentus fired glowing rings from its horn. Pit sliced through the rings with his blades, but then had to bob and weave as the Sea Witch, enraged, tried to strike him down with more magical lightning. As Pit dodged and deflected the attacks, he saw Pyra's prison becoming fuller and fuller with water. He had to do something, and fast! But the witch and the dragon were preventing him from getting close!

Pit returned fire with his bow. The Sea Witch deflected the arrows with her staff and called upon more lightning. Aquamentus spewed flames at the Smash Brother, and swatted away any Waddle Dee and Doo that got close. At that moment, Pit wished he had Lady Palutena to guide him... Wait!

Having an idea, the angel nocked a blue arrow of light to his bow and slowly circled the witch. Not wanting to take her eyes off the angel for a moment, the Zola followed his movements. Aquamentus ceased firing energy rings and spewing flames as it did not want to accidentally hit its mistress should she wander into its path of attack. Either that, or it was entranced by the standoff between Witch and Captain. Good! That is exactly what Pit wanted! Pit kept circling her and waited for the right moment.

Faster than an eye could blink, Pit changed the target of his arrow from the Sea Witch to Aquamentus. The huge beast roared in pain as the arrow took out its left eye. With a yell, Pit threw Palutena's Bow like a spear, straight at the witch! But the surprise of his sudden attack had already worn off, and the Zola woman jumped to the side; Palutena's Bow flew harmlessly past her.

The Sea Witch laughed at the angel's stupidity. "Fool! You threw away your weapon! What sort of a move was that?"

"Brilliant, that's what!" Pit retorted with a triumphant grin.

"What?!"

Pit had waited until he and the Sea Witch were aligned with Pyra to make his move. He had fully anticipated the witch to dodge his throw, as she wasn't his target: Pyra was! The divine weapon shot through the air until it pierced the magical field that formed the bubble. The prison shattered!

"NO!!" the Sea Witched shrieked.

ora & yleth

Location: Battlefield Fortress | Interactions: SheepKing SheepKing
GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow Darklord95 Darklord95
Layton's words put Byleth at ease. To hear his concerns vocalized by another put what few concerns he had at rest for the moment. Perhaps he should have been more confident in himself. It almost felt odd for him to think he was lacking in such an area to begin with.

Shaking off such thoughts, the professor nodded his head in agreement. Sending a smaller group to scout would save them not only time, but any unnecessary fights as well. Even so, it was risky breaking off a smaller group to investigate given the other possible dangers that could be lurking in the Realm due to the "Mad Friend" Layton's letter had referred to. Admittedly, Byleth didn't like moving with an army to begin with. Being a former merc, he was used to small groups, unless he was paid to work alongside an army, which wasn't often if at all.

"Even a small scouting group would..." he began, but his train of thought would quickly brought to an end as a new enemy emerged from the darkness of the night. They weren't creatures Byleth was familiar with, but that did not matter. They appeared hostile in his eyes and that made them a problem that needed to be solved. It was as simple as that. Hearing Luke try to communicate with them caused the professor to quirk a brow in confusion. He wasn't sure what he was hoping to accomplish, but he was certain it wasn't this. Watching the sphinx creatures spit fire at the teen, Byleth's brows creased and his hand immediately went to the hilt of his sword.

Sora was just as quick to ready himself. Rolling up the map with haste, he tucked it between his belt and hip before hopping up to his feet. Before he made any sudden movements, he glanced first towards Byleth, noticing he was steeling himself for a fight, before letting his eyes flicker towards Layton who was trying to guide Luke away from the fight. Grimacing, his eyes soon came to Pichu and he gave the electric rodent a firm look.

"Your small size should help you avoid these guys while you're fighting, but if things get out of hand, retreat to Byleth, okay? He'll keep you safe, I know it!" he said, making it clear that he didn't plan on remaining in a position where he could easily be reached. He figured it was best to use his abilities to their fullest given they were surrounded. "You be careful though. Cats do like mice after all."

A cheesy grin appeared on the boy's face. Even despite their situation he was as happy-go-lucky as could be. Giving Pichu a last pat on the head between his ears, Sora jumped up into the air and manifested his keyblade as he glided overhead and surveyed the current situation.

His smile was quick to fade as the dying cries of the burning soldiers filled his ears and his eyes frantically flickered around the flames in attempt to find some kind of solution. He never before had seen death like this. It was horrifying. It made him freeze up. What was he supposed to do? Would healing even work? Probably not. If not healing, then what? His mind was racing for answers but quickly snapped from its thoughts as he saw a sudden burst of energy come from Byleth's blade. The professor was unleashing power from within his sword that even Sora had never seen. It broke apart into its whip-like state and glowed bright orange per usual, but its strength was far greater than he was used to seeing. The blade tore through the Gao and earth alike as it made its assault on their assailants. It was a raw display of power. Byleth wasn't worrying of the lives they were losing, but rather stopping the source to minimize damage. It was a concept that the keyblade wielder struggled to understand.

Pushing it aside, he knew he couldn't watch any longer and he needed to help however he could. Pulling his arm back, he launched his key downward with ice magic bursting from its tip as it spun in attempt to stop the Gao from spitting more fire before they started or simply blind them and get them to briefly stop in that manner. It wasn't the offensive onslaught Byleth was displaying, but it was what he could offer without impeding the professor's actions all too much.

Marth
The Hero-King of Altea

________________________________________________________________________________________

Smiling sheepishly as the princess greeted him in turn, Marth scratched the back of his neck, a tint of pink coating his cheeks as he heard both Zelda and Link laughing at his antics. "Heh..."

Marth quickly put aside his embarrassment, however, as he caught sight of the princess' expression contort slightly in tension. His smile fell, and as the topic changed to the current standings of the Smash Realm, his crisp blue stare was nothing short of attentive as he soaked in every word Zelda uttered. Only when she finished did he speak.
"So the realm is in disarray and the Smash Brothers are stranded far and wide..?" The prince uttered, staring at the ground below for a moment as he processed everything.

His eyes flicked upward, towards Link, who seemed to console Zelda and assure her of his alliance without hesitation. Feeling slightly heartened by the champion's determination, Marth nodded in agreement. "You need not attempt to persuade us further, princess. I shan't abandon my comrades, and it seems like Link is in agreement as well."

Suddenly, he heard the sound of screaming and a thud nearby. Link immediately went to the source of the commotion, and the Altean decided to follow suit after a moment. Upon turning, he was met by the sight of Corrin in their dragon form. And he could also see that she wasn't alone.
The Hero-King approached with caution, and seeing that the beast held a prisoner who was clearly hostile, as well as something else in its claws. Upon further inspection, he could see that it was...a rodent?

Gently reaching out to take the rat-looking creature from Corrin's grasp, he smiled up at the spiky dragon. "Corrin, as majestic as ever," he said, inclining his head in respect. Corrin was one of the most valiant Fire Emblem wielders that Marth had ever known, and although he was one of the people that had doubted their sincerity, he quickly lost that attitude and became great friends with the Vallan noble.

The prince's attention flicked back onto Link once more, who was brandishing his precious Master Sword at the raging woman dangling and screaming in Corrin's jaws. Processing the situation, Marth knew that Corrin could be in their dragon form for only so long before it took a toll on their mental state. Inspecting the silvery beast further, he could see that one of its wings was held at a crooked angle, the smooth scales and cartilage stained with red. His brow creased as he realized that Corrin was injured.

The Hero-King decided to follow the knight's example and pull out his own blade as well. Shining with an almost heavenly light, the Falchion sat naturally in Marth's grasp as he pointed its sharp blade at the hostage as well. If this unknown woman did anything funny, he and Link would be ready.

"Here, Corrin, set the lady down. You are injured, I take it. Link and I can surely handle her, just put her down slowly," the Altean said bracingly, the tip of his sword still pointing at Corrin's prisoner.

Tags: SheepKing SheepKing Darklord95 Darklord95 Forevermore Forevermore

=============================================================================

Corrin
The Royal Dragon of Valla

Corrin attempted to fold her wings, but as one of them was hurt, she just held it at an awkward angle. She had no time to worry about such trivial matters, anyway.
She looked over at the small group of people, the legendary Hero-King, the divine princess of Hyrule, and the Hero of the Wild, who seemed to be instantly aware of her landing.

The beast watched as Link approached first, and at his curt greeting, a gentle grumble came from its throat. He had pulled out the sword that seals the darkness, the Master Sword, and was pointing it not at the dragon, but Juri Han, who she kept tight in her clutches.

Next came Marth, who greeted Corrin much more pleasantly than Link. The dragon lowered its head as Marth inclined his, looking down at the pair who were both eyeing Juri with hostility.
Both heroes had drawn their blades. Marth wielded his, the original Fire Emblem, dragon slayer itself, the Falchion. Although she knew that he would not harm her, just looking at his blade sent a shiver up her spine.

The beast relinquished its grip on the Mouser as Marth took it in his hand, and as Marth gently told her to let go of Juri Han, Corrin hesitated. What if the brawling menace somehow managed to overpower them? Although her mind was riddled with anxiety, she slowly lowered the martial artist to the ground and dropped her to the floor.
And as soon as she let her go, a spray of mist and saltwater sprayed everywhere as the spiked dragon disappeared...

Corrin was back to her normal state, her silvery hair hanging like a curtain in front of her face, on all fours in front of Link and Marth. She panted lightly, her injured wing refusing to be retracted, as she took a moment to collect herself. Slowly, she rose to her feet, pushing her waves out of her face. Her red eyes were still slightly feral, but twinkled at the two blue heroes as a small smile appeared on her lips. "Marth, Link. It sure is wonderful to see you two once more. There is no time to worry about me right now, for there are more important issues to worry about..."

Her gaze fixed onto Juri Han once more, and she summoned her Yato, aiding the pair in keeping her cornered. "She attempted to ambush me in the forests," she muttered, "But I was able to overpower her. Before that happened, however, she had been fighting the angel Dark Pit, as well as his companion Pikachu. Dark Pit had given me that rat before he and Pikachu abandoned me..." she then pointed at the Mouser that Marth held in his free hand.

Tags: SheepKing SheepKing Darklord95 Darklord95 Forevermore Forevermore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back