• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Super Hero Academy OOC

Would you guys be ok with another teacher switch?

• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Alright, I'll remove manipulating the broader spectrum of air (i.e oxygen, nitrogen and other gases) and downscale the tornadoes to just very powerful gusts of wind.

Edit: I made the changes to my OC's power and also added in a reflective barrier of wind.

Last edited:
Ungifted ;-; Ungifted ;-; Pumpkid Pumpkid Flame Demon Flame Demon Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise L LadyLuckTakeTheWheel omninova omninova Mooniee Mooniee Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian SP3CT3R SP3CT3R UnusualYak UnusualYak Dumplingboy Dumplingboy

!!ANNOUNCEMENT!!

I have decided that there will be one power but an application of that power. For example:

Power: Gravity Manipulation

Application or specified ability: Enhanced Combat

Application or specified ability explanation: User utilizes gravity manipulation with their physical combat, reducing or increasing the effective weight for their advantage or changing the direction/magnitude of gravity.

And throughout the roleplay you can come up with creative ways to utilize your specified ability.

Tell me if you need help understanding.
The thing about that system is that it's based on thematic association.

If a character's power is telekinesis, but the applications of said power are using it on themselves to fly and using it to create force fields, then they basically have two separate powers: flight and force fields. The only real link between the two is that a theoretical god of telekinesis would be able to do both of those things, in addition to other stuff.

That said, someone could give their character any number of powers as long as they can find a larger umbrella to fit them in. Like if I wanted a character to be able to shape-shift into animals and control emotions, I could say their power is biology manipulation, but the applications are altering their own biology to match an animal and manipulating specific neurons in other people's brains to give them certain emotional responses.

If a character's power is telekinesis, but the applications of said power are using it on themselves to fly and using it to create force fields, then they basically have two separate powers: flight and force fields. The only real link between the two is that a theoretical god of telekinesis would be able to do both of those things, in addition to other stuff.

That said, someone could give their character any number of powers as long as they can find a larger umbrella to fit them in. Like if I wanted a character to be able to shape-shift into animals and control emotions, I could say their power is biology manipulation, but the applications are altering their own biology to match an animal and manipulating specific neurons in other people's brains to give them certain emotional responses.
Even so, you would still have to choose one or the other.

I assumed it was the MHA power like system, where the powers can be broad (to an extent) and it can extremely specified. Sure, you could fit a lot of things under the umbrella term (air manipulation can also conjure lightning via air friction and even make implosions) but even normal heroes don't have that much of a power set.

also you guys are worrying to much, its simple just make a character, you have one power, you have a limit amount of uses because you don't know how to use your power (the point of the rp) don't make your character op (thats the basic of all rp knowledge ) this is legit no different than any other super powered role play. if someone abuses there power by giving themselves like some stupid powerful ability its nothing wrong with the rp rules and requirements. lol we blew this thing way out of proportion

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back