• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Super Hero Academy OOC

Would you guys be ok with another teacher switch?

• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
But doesn't that undermine the whole point of the one "person, one power" rule a bit then?
In a way, yes, but I want one power because I want people to be creative and tactical with their one power. I think it would be more interesting and exciting that way. But, since some of you are so hung on the idea of multiple powers, I would not mind you guys having multiple powers so much as you keep things interesting and exciting. Plus I want to take feedback and opinions from you guys so I can make this, well we can make this a fun and enjoyable roleplay for everyone.

Actually, sorry for double posting but I'm getting second thoughts about my character and I need opinions.

Should I

A) Make a hair manipulator who can grow quills and shoot them to give people allergic reactions

B) Stick with the edgy boi, who has a ton of weak and kind of edgy powers because he was experimented on but is stuck in a straitjacket forever

C) Try to double (Emphasis on try)

In a way, yes, but I want one power because I want people to be creative and tactical with their one power. I think it would be more interesting and exciting that way.
I agree, I think that'd this RP would actually benefit more from a one power limit than having everyone running around with half a dozen different abilities.

My issue, however, is in the way that limit is implemented. Because the way it functions now, it doesn't really encourage people to pick one power and use it creatively but rather to pick the vaguest power you can think of.

A) Make a hair manipulator who can grow quills and shoot them to give people allergic reactions

B) Stick with the edgy boi, who has a ton of weak and kind of edgy powers because he was experimented on but is stuck in a straitjacket forever
What powers do the edgy kid have?

I agree, I think that'd this RP would actually benefit more from a one power limit than having everyone running around with half a dozen different abilities.

My issue, however, is in the way that limit is implemented. Because the way it functions now, it doesn't really encourage people to pick one power and use it creatively but rather to pick the vaguest power you can think of.

Thank you for your feed back. If you'd like, we could go to DMs and discuss further how I can better implement the limit?

I vote A because I've never seen that in a superhero rp!

His "true" power is some kind of power copying/absorbing, but he can't use that because it requires use of his hands.

The powers he acquired through it are (at the moment):
•Teleporting small objects - Short range, works better when people aren't looking.
•Self-contortion - He's not mister fantastic, but he can rotate his head 360 degrees, flatten against walls, and some other stuff with some time and unpleasant crunching noises.
•Astral projection - Only when asleep. He can possess things that move.
•Avoiding detection - He can make people not notice him, to a limited degree.
•Hallucinations - Exhales a gas that induces them after enough exposure. Can control what people see and hear.
•Feral mutation - Has sharp teeth and claws.

It's kind of in the air right now, as that's six unrelated powers, but he'd probably still get squashed in a fair fight.

I got to characters coming up. Though I’m debating on doing a bitchy rub the world mean girl or a super full of himself jock boy. My other character is just gonna be plain adorable

Also can we make instructors?

Also SP3CT3R SP3CT3R I vote A because honestly that sounds badass

Last edited:

I vote A

I got to characters coming up. Though I’m debating on doing a bitchy rub the world mean girl or a super full of himself jock boy. My other character is just gonna be plain adorable

Also can we make instructors?

Also SP3CT3R SP3CT3R I vote A because honestly that sounds badass
You can make teachers.

since shadow manipulation and darkness manipulation are the same should I put it both down, I also wanna add more details to the power description so I kinda have to know

I thought B was cool but I guess it's just 3edgy5me. cant believe im saying that in 2019

It's not magic
Right, but when you say things like "One of the bonuses of having dark magic is that she can see in the darkest of places to she won't get hurt should she accidentally make an entire room pitch black" when explaining the ability, it might come across as being magical in nature.

Ungifted ;-; Ungifted ;-; Pumpkid Pumpkid Flame Demon Flame Demon Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise L LadyLuckTakeTheWheel omninova omninova Mooniee Mooniee Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian SP3CT3R SP3CT3R UnusualYak UnusualYak Dumplingboy Dumplingboy

!!ANNOUNCEMENT!!

I have decided that there will be one power but an application of that power. For example:

Power: Gravity Manipulation

Application or specified ability: Enhanced Combat

Application or specified ability explanation: User utilizes gravity manipulation with their physical combat, reducing or increasing the effective weight for their advantage or changing the direction/magnitude of gravity.

And throughout the roleplay you can come up with creative ways to utilize your specified ability.

Tell me if you need help understanding.

He has a point.
That is because I have had characters with dark magic, so that kinda went on autopilot, sorry fixed it.

However I don't reallt understand the specified ability/application. Isn't that like limiting us to one thing only?

That is because I have had characters with dark magic, so that kinda went on autopilot, sorry fixed it.

However I don't reallt understand the specified ability/application. Isn't that like limiting us to one thing only?
Your power is darkness manipulation correct? If so, what I mean is instead of having all the abilities that come with darkness manipulation, you have one specified ability/application that you get creative with and make your own such as, generating or projecting shadows, or being able to adapt to dark environments, or solidifying or giving solid-like properties to darkness/shadows.

Your power is darkness manipulation correct? If so, what I mean is instead of having all the abilities that come with darkness manipulation, you have one specified ability/application that you get creative with and make your own such as, generating or projecting shadows, or being able to adapt to dark environments, or solidifying or giving solid-like properties to darkness/shadows.
I don't feel like there are many powers that can be very creative, but I can try

The specification of powers.... if I say my specification is aerokinetic combat (fighting utilizing air) is that too broad of a specification because it can do everything from enhanced strikes to projectiles or do I need to specify further?

I don't feel like there are many powers that can be very creative, but I can try
Let's use solidifying or giving solid-like properties to darkness/shadows as an example. Some ways you can get creative with this is generating extra body parts, such as arms, legs, mouths, eyes, etc., on yourself, others or any other surface, form armor around your body or a shield made from darkness/shadow for protection, make tendrils, etc.

The specification of powers.... if I say my specification is aerokinetic combat (fighting utilizing air) is that too broad of a specification because it can do everything from enhanced strikes to projectiles or do I need to specify further?
I think that would be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back