• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Stranded with the Enemy [Main]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
NYC

With: Members of G.A.Y
Mentioned: Elijah [@DarkiusHeavenstein] Lacey [@MadiRaiCat] Zander [@iShyShy] Solasta

Elijah was better at picking up on Lacey’s cues than the other two. Noel knew this, and at times it would spark jealousy, while it was apparent he was the newest member, he didn’t like to be reminded of such. Zander, much like himself wanted to kick the waiter’s ass, while Elijah had other plans for his lower half. “I’ve seen nicer asses than his.” he chimed before following suit and removing himself from the booth.

The roster consisted of seven bands according to their lovely singer, Lacey had always paid attention to important matters. Noel would've liked to think they saved the best for last, but that would suggest that Solasta was the best. Which was for lack of better words. Horse shit. Speaking of Solasdta they had entered just as G.A.Y left. It finally clicked that the blonde earlier was Samatha, why he didn’t recognize her was beyond him.

What NYC did recognize immediately was the reoccurring change in the air whenever the two bands interacted. Was there something he was missing? As they made way to the area that they’d be making history at Noel turned to Elijah, a brief moment of sobriety washed over him as he made eye contact with the dark-haired male.

“Is there something going on between you guys and Solasta that I don‘t know about, because honestly ever since I ran into you guys in the hallway I’ve been feeling out of the loop.” he pursed his lips, stopping any more words from escaping his lips. He didn’t want to meddle.

codedbycrucialstar​

kult_model_MAXIMILIAN_HENHAPPEL_maxhenhappel_96082.jpg

Elijah Lorenz
Guitarist GAY and the ex-bff

Interaction
Caretaker Z iShyShy iShyShy
Bandmom Lacey MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat
Party animal NYC Fanaa Fanaa

Mention
Solasta
Samantha specifical apolla apolla
Elijah noticed that small pause before Lacey brought up Solasta playing immediately after them. "Good, then we will be too busy with partying backstage to listen to their garbage music," he said. He was only half serious though. They were a good band. The music was good and they were nice with the fans. Of course, other wise they wouldn't had gotten this famous. Yet he rather listened to them after playing himself. He moved up when the other did, waiting for Z to move before sliding out of the booth corner as well. He looked up as Lacey and Z were already on the move while he waited a bit for NYC. And of course if you talked about the devil, its tail was never far away.

His lips pursed slightly when they came slauntering into the bar. Out of all places did they really need to chose this bar to strike down? Sammie was looking there way and he answered her glance up. Yet unlike her, he didn't back off as he held her gaze, for as long as she dared to look their way. He was handling this a lot better now than the first time around. Now, he was a bit better prepared and settled. He owned the place, he owned the stage and he was never gonna let anyone shove him away. Definitely not that bitch. He noticed that hand that was outstretched towards him, a life line being thrown out by who else than Z? The keyboard player always gave Lacey the credits of being the band mom, but he was just as much of a parent as she was. He smiled, brightly. Perhaps a bit extra as he quickly caught up.

Elijah let out a soft laugh at NYC question and gave one last glance back towards the band over his shoulder. "It is just because they are fake," he said. Just loud enough that he was sure Sammie would hear him. He grabbed onto Z's hand and threw his free arm around NYC shoulders. Sure, it might be impractical walking the hallways like this, but honestly it was rather broad here. And who cared for things being practically. "Samatha and I used to play together," he gave a more honest answer, "we were scouted for this new band. Our dream come true." There lay a more wry smile on his face. "Just that some other guitarist was apparently better fitted for her voice, or whatever excuse she made," he said. He rolled his eyes. "She got famous and I got the streets," he said with a light tone. He even threw in a chuckle, but it wasn't as earnest as his laughs usually be. There had been more going on than just missing out on fame, but that was a story for another time. Lacey knew part of that and from his home situation. Z knew that his coming out had never gone over peaceful with the family, but not that it was around the same time as his break with Samantha.

He leaned a bit forward so he could look at Lacey. "Though only for the best, cause that is how I found Lacey. Or she me. I don't know," he said as that true smile came back. He hugged Z a bit closer and even stepped up on his tiptoes in an attempt to kiss his cheek while walking. "About a year later we adopted Z into our little band," he said, "and after that you came and now we are here. And I wouldn't have wanted to stay on that stage with anyone else." That was no lie. He loved their band and this was something he would never have had with Samantha. No matter how famous they would have gotten. Their music taste were different, now at least. "Oh, right, this is the first time after her betrayal that I am seeing her again," he added to the earlier story, "so yeah, sorry for the tension, just ignore that."

giphy.gif

Ash was glad that the girls were happy and excited and it had seemed like at least for now they were both in a good mood. He did begin to wonder why he hadn't seen Max but he decided Max would show up at some point at least before the ship left. He was the one who stayed back watching the girls excitedly rush to get food and drinks. He knew the drinks were what would make them happy and keep them all a little more relaxed before their show. That was one think that they all needed was to relax just a little more. Ash was glad that Sammie knew exactly what place was calling to her for where to get drinks and for his sake hopefully decent food to also help soak up the alcohol. He didn't need to be too buzzed or relaxed for the show.

Sammie had ended up grabbing them a booth and he just followed suit. He knew he shouldn't have been surprised by Sammie in knowing exactly what she wanted to drink. He had offered so of course that meant she didn't even have tithing about. Ash wasn't even sure what he wanted but he figured he'd stay classic, "I'll have a rum and coke. Also a couple orders of mozzarella sticks for the table for now." He knew the girls would appreciate some food plus he really enjoyed them and he was in dire need of food until he got a chance to look over the menu. His eyes glanced to where Sammie's had gone and he saw the other band, GAY he believed he had seen on the flyer. He couldn't help but wonder why she seemed so on edge from them, "Hey Sammie, you okay?" he asked her quietly just loud enough for her. He gave her hand on the table a soft squeeze before giving her her space back. Seeing his friend so stressed always worried him. It wasn't healthy for her or really anyone to have such stress written on their face.

Interaction(s): apolla apolla JustJazzy JustJazzy
Mention(s): Tori Bradley Tori Bradley DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat Fanaa Fanaa iShyShy iShyShy

be763d41aaea1812b9d0981baebb5be1.png

Mentions: Lacey ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ), Elijah ( DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein ), Zander ( iShyShy iShyShy ), and NYC ( Fanaa Fanaa )
Interactions: Sammie ( apolla apolla ), Ash ( Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler ), and Alma ( JustJazzy JustJazzy )

Max groaned as he woke up, blinking groggily at the dim room around him, trying to remember where the hell he was at. When he recognized his cabin on the cruise ship, he grinned and rolled over, smiling up at the ceiling. Sometimes he still couldn’t believe how far he’d come since being the dirt poor, small-town son of a grease monkey and a mailwoman. He had no problems with the way he grew up. He’d loved it, in fact. It made him who he was today, and it helped him keep his head on straight, so he didn’t get caught up in the money and the fame of being who he was now. Since the day he’d stepped foot in Los Angeles a year ago, his entire life had changed. Meeting Sammie, Ash, and Alma, joining Solasta, getting famous, and now being invited on a cruise where his band would perform with so many other talented musicians—it had all happened so fast, but Max had loved every second of it. He’d never expected he’d make it this far, and it was all because he’d decided to visit LA with the money he saved up helping his dad at the shop.

His favorite part about it all was meeting Sammie, Ash, and Alma. All three were so talented, and their decision to invite him to join their band despite not really knowing him all that well was the reason he was here, after all. They were the reason he was wrapped up in Egyptian cotton sheets in a four-poster bed on a billion-dollar cruise ship, with a VIP pass sitting on the nightstand with his wallet and his phone. Max had worked his ass off since he’d joined them, spending every free minute he wasn’t performing or out in Indiana visiting his parents slaving away at his keyboard, practicing their songs, making up new beats, learning how to use digital beat boards, soundboards, electric keyboards, pianos—anything and everything he thought could help them get their band up there. He owed his success to them, and he was going to make damn sure they got everything they deserved. Solasta was going to be a name people remembered.

Still grinning, Max sat up and got out of the ridiculously comfortable bed. He’d been so jet-lagged and tired from flying across the country and then making a mad dash to the port that he’d boarded the ship, gone straight to Solasta’s rooms, picked an empty one, and crashed. It had been a great decision on his part, because now that he’d slept a bit, he felt so much better, and he’d be at his best for their first gig tonight. Max laughed when his stomach growled and walked into the bathroom. Looking in the mirror, he ran his hands through his tousled blonde hair a couple times, futilely trying to straighten it out, then gave up and walked out. Grabbing his cellphone from the nightstand, he left Solasta’s rooms and walked towards the area he’d passed earlier with the bars and the eateries.

Feeling like throwing back a beer or two for a bit of liquid confidence for later, he headed for the bars. Just as he was about to turn the corner to where the bars and eateries were, he passed a smiling group of four, and walked a little slower, hoping he wasn’t obvious as he checked them out. Each of them were ridiculously hot. Max was still stunned sometimes by how attractive a lot of people in this life were. He was so used to cowboys and southern belles that people like this, rockers and musicians like these four, still robbed him of breath sometimes. Offering the four of them his trademark southern smile, Max reached his destination, peeking in the windows of each of the bars until he spotted his band members in one. Pulling open the door, Max entered with a smile and made his way over.

“Hey guys,” he said, knowing they didn’t even know he was on the ship yet. “Mind if I join you?”
code by apolla apolla

Last edited:
alma desotoWith / mentions: apolla apolla , Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler , Tori Bradley Tori Bradley , GAY members

Alma slid into the booth, tapping the tips of her nails against the smooth surface of the table as she examined the menu for a couple of seconds. Faintly she heard Sammie and Ash ordering some drinks, some starters -simple, group-friendly items. Then silence. She took that as her cue.

“Tequila and pineapple juice for me. “ she detailed, flashing the waiter a brief smile before letting her eyes fall back towards her group. Sammie face was still, Ash’s lips were moving, but his words were too soft for her to detect, though she did catch the squeeze he gave the singer’s hand. Were they finally circling back to the topic they’d had yet to really discuss?

“Sammie c’mon we need to - “ she broke off as a voice pitched a little louder then those of the strangers around them - and strangely enough directed towards there table - broke her train of thought. Alma’s eyes narrowed and shot in that direction, catching sight of a retreating group of unfamiliar faces. The group obviously wasn’t brave enough to say it directly to their faces, so Alma figured confronting them wasn’t it worth it.

She rolled her eyes lightly, letting her eye meet Ash’s then Sammie’s amusedly.

“Do we know them? Or like what?” She broke off, not really expecting an answer to her question, especially since their missing member finally slid into the booth, effectively changing the tone of the conversation completely.

“And here I thought you were ditching us,” she half-joked, sliding over to allow Max space in the booth.

Sammie J
(Samantha)

Location: bar | Mentions: GAY | Interactions: Ash ( Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler ); Alma ( JustJazzy JustJazzy ); Max ( Tori Bradley Tori Bradley )

Sam had never told her bandmates about Elijah and her path to fame, mainly because she was ashamed of herself and her actions. That, and she figured it would never come up. But here, on this cruise, with Elijah and his own band there-- she knew the topic would come up eventually, even if her bandmates didn't know what they were asking.

Elijah had held her gaze upon Solasta's entrance into the room, and Sam hated herself for looking away. She had no idea they'd gotten up until they were already past, Elijah's backhanded comment reaching her ears and squeezing her heart like a vice. She felt Ash's hand on hers moments later, giving a softer squeeze, and she forced a smile at him.

"I'm good." She promised him, and she meant it. Before she could say more, a familiar voice reached her ears, and she immediately turned a grin towards Max. "Jesus, Max, I thought we were gonna be down a member this cruise." Sliding over so he could sit, she rested her elbows on the table, looking around at her support system. They were each others support, really.

Hearing Alma's question, the smile slid from her face and she leaned back, looking between the three of them. "He's angry with me." She finally said, nodding towards Elijah's figure as it disappeared from the room. "More than angry, really. And he's got every right to be."

With a sigh, she waited as the waiter approached with their drinks and to take Max's order before continuing. "I've known Elijah since we were kids. We grew up together. He's got a... well, he had a shitty upbringing. We both did. We were best friends, until I betrayed him." Automatically, the sound of his frantic voice on his last voicemail to her played over in her head, and she swallowed.

"I chose fame instead of being a good friend to him, and he hates me for it." Shrugging, trying to appear nonchalant, she grabbed her shot glass and downed the Jack inside. "I never got the chance to apologize. Not that he'd forgive me now, of course."

codedbycrucialstar | hidden scroll​

Lacey Ross

[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
mentions: Solasta, Max specifically ( Tori Bradley Tori Bradley )
interactions: Elijah ( DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein ), Zander ( iShyShy iShyShy ), NYC ( Fanaa Fanaa )
outfit: x
Lacey1.png

Lacey smiled at Zander as he stood alongside her, wrapping an arm around her. She responded with wrapping one around him as well, enjoying the comforting feeling of being close to her friends. As they turned to leave the bar, Lace noticed the members of Solasta entering the bar. She glanced back at Eli, happy to see Z was reaching out to him just in case. Honestly, Lacey had no idea what their relationship was. But as long as they were there for one another, she was happy for them. The singer grinned as Eli mentioned how they met, blowing him a kiss with a wink. Honestly, she wasn't quite sure where she would be if she hadn't met Elijah. Music had always been a huge part of her life, her way of dealing with what was otherwise a bad hand. Had she never met Eli, she would probably still be waitressing and playing open mic nights.

The members of Solasta passed by, only Sammie seeming to really react to GAY's presence. Lacey decided to ignore it as they continued further down the hallway, passing a rather handsome guy. She definitely noticed him looking at them, which made Lacey slightly uncomfortable with the attention. But definitely not as uncomfortable as the waiter had made her earlier. She briefly wondered who he was before continuing down the hallway with her friends towards the performance stage. She felt Z tighten his grip on her, his hair gently brushing against her cheek as he leaned down to speak just with her. While Eli tended to pick up on her emotions a bit better than the others, she definitely wasn't a stone wall to the rest of them.

Realizing her mood had started to affect the other members of GAY, Lacey decided to push her anxiety of being on the ship, surrounded by strangers, and all that down. She needed to be more like her normal self instead of worrying about the things that may or may not go wrong. "Yeah, I'm okay, Z. Just need to get out of my own head, I guess," Lacey answered, smiling softly at her band mate. "Something about being confined on a boat with a bunch of strangers is freaking me out a bit. But I'm sure everything will be alright, right?" With that, she pushed open the doors into the performance area, glancing around. Letting out a low whistle, Lace looked around the room, "Wow, they really pulled out all the stops."
[/div][/div]
codedbycrucialstar | hidden scroll

giphy.gif

Ash was silent when Sammie had let him know that she was okay, unfortunately he didn’t fully believe her, but he wasn’t about to push it. As soon as he was about to say something Max had appeared. He had never been so relieved to see another male. He was always so thankful that there was Max around because being the only male had eventually taken a toll on Ash. Sure, he loved the girls but too much estrogen and sometimes the emotions ran hard. Max was like a breath of fresh air when it came to the band. Sure, Max had been the newest to join but he was fantastic at what he did so he really couldn’t complain. “Sup, man.” Ash said as his acknowledgement, “I’m buying this round of drinks for us so get whatever drink you want.”
He had heard Alma’s question, but it hadn’t quite registered, at least not until Sammie had responded to the question. It was hard for Ash to hear something from her, but he also couldn’t judge her. She had made a choice and whether that was right or wrong was more up to her to determine than it was for them as a band to determine. His views of Sammie didn’t change not even for a split second when she told them she had chosen fame over her friendship.
Ash’s response to her revelation was to shrug it off, “We all make choices. If you hadn’t made the choice you made you wouldn’t be here with us. I can’t say you made a bad choice but everything we choose to do can hurt someone else. Sometimes we can be the hero of a story and sometimes in other stories we are the villain. Life happens and time still moves forward.” He let his gaze stay on Sammie before giving her a smile, “We all love you.” He finally concluded as mozzarella sticks appeared at the table. Once there was food he let his attention focus completely on the food because his stomach had no other goal except to be filled.

apolla apolla JustJazzy JustJazzy Tori Bradley Tori Bradley

Attachments

• 1569463528765.png
    1569463528765.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 0
Zander "Z" Rosewood

Mood: Happy -> Excited
Interactions: Elijah DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein , Lace MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat , NYC Fanaa Fanaa Max Tori Bradley Tori Bradley
Outfit (Front of hair showing)

With Lacey's arm wrapped around him, Z lead the group down the hallway to the performance room. How he knew where to go was beyond him, until he noticed the signs at every turn. So he just casually followed those.

The tense air must have been overwhelming since NYC said he felt like he was out of the loop. No one in the band would want him to feel that way but it seems they forgot that NYC wouldn't be as well aware of the history between Eli and Sam. Eli yelled out that 'they' are fake. No one in the vicinity would know who he was talking about other than the two bands, so it worked out well. After he belted that out, Z felt the familiar warmth of Eli's hand meeting his as they four walked down the hallway in unison. If people took a photo of them, Z would have probably paid them to send it to him.

As they made their way to the performance room, another attractive male with the air of the south was making his way toward them, probably going to the bar. The southern smile he graded the band with was something that Z felt they could all appreciate as he flashed the man a wink before he passed. Soon after, Eli started explaining the history between him and that witch Samantha. He didn't go into full detail, of course, as he never made it easy to get his past out of him, but Z knew a bit more than Eli explained just then. He was also sure Lacey had a full understanding.

To lighten the mood, Eli explained how he was thankful to meet Lacey. Then he pulled Z into a tighter hug and stood on his tip toes. Z naturally leaned his face closer to Eli so he could receive the kiss. There was no chance he would let that opportunity pass. Z's heart filled with warmth as Eli said he wouldn't want to be on stage with anyone else. “I strongly second that. I don't know what I'd do without you guys.” It was true and he was happy to be right where he was.

That's when he took the chance to ask Lacey what was wrong. They must have been close to the room and he wanted to ask before they got there. She turned to give him a slight smile as she expressed her worries. With a warm smile back to her, “Everything will be alright Lace. You have us and we'll do everything to make this the best it can possibly be for all of us. Don't forget that.” She snuck out of his grasp to push open the doors. The room was vast and just begging for a great show. Lace was practically spinning as she whistled at the place. Z laughed and squeezed Eli's hand before legging go and running up to the stage, only to jump on top and play some air guitar, air drums, and pretend to sing, leaving his air keyboarding for last. “Awww yeah. This is going to be epic! Guys get up here!” He was ready to help anyone up if they wanted to vault the side like he did.

codedbycrucialstar​

Elijah Lorenz

Interaction
Caretaker Z iShyShy iShyShy
Bandmom Lacey MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat

Mention
Hot Stranger Tori Bradley Tori Bradley
Party animal NYC Fanaa Fanaa
Elijah was, just like Z, quickly distracted by the southern handsomeness that came on walking by. That warm smile certainly lifted up his previously slightly soured mood. He gave his usual playful smirk in return as he noticed how the guy kept checking them out. He also very much noticed that wink that Z was giving the hot stranger. Well, he was free to do so. They were not tied in any way together. That was the whole point in their relationship. Just fun with no expectations and most definitely no strings attached. Yet still... It somehow stung? Though the Guitarist was very aware of how hypocritic that was. "My, forget that waiter from before..." he hummed in appreciation.

The male grinned when Z confirmed his words by seconding them. He held on a bit longer to his hand, as if make a statement regarding the previous interaction with that sexy unknown male. As if he was reluctant to let go, yet he did. The room they walked into leaving him at completely awe as he vaguely heard Lacey talk about her fears and concerns about the cruise and being surrounded by strangers. He gave her a quick hug in passing and like Z, even kissed her cheek. "It is gonna be alright, Lacey, you have us and we will fight every creepy and stalker stranger that is giving you one wrong look," he said. His hazel eyes sparkling with love for the girl, she was like a sister he never had. He hugged her tight against him for a moment, while Z did all kind of crazy stuff on the stage. "It is gonna be okay, I promise." He gave her hand a soft squeeze before running off.

Elijah took a deep breath as he jumped upwards. His fingers curling around Z's arm to be pulled up and with the help of his momentum, he made it safely on stage. He let go immediately so Z could help the next person as he walked a bit around on the spacious stage. Even if it was filled up with NYC's drums, they would have more than enough place to run and jump around. He took another deep breath, before turning around and taking in the most important part of the stage. The public. He grinned as his eyes sparkled. Oh how he could imagine all the people being there. The flashes of the phones as they swayed on their more heartfelt slow songs and the screaming when they sung along with their rougher songs. He stood with goosebumps on his skin. Those moments would never cease to amaze him, when the public sung their song in union.

"Oh god, I cannot wait for tonight!" Elijah grinned. He came forward and held out his hand as well in case Lacey needed both of them to hold on to get up, or NYC wanted so help. "I can already hear them chanting our name," he said in delight when everyone who wanted to be on the stage was on the stage. He walked a bit back towards the right side of the stage. The part that he was mostly on when he did his solo's or whatever. He really, really wished he had taken his guitar with him here. "So what do you think with the lights?" he asked as he looked over towards Z again. He mostly didn't really give those things as much as attention as he should probably. "The acoustic seems to be amazing, for the fact that this is a ship and all..." he pointed out. They had been in worse places where every sound just dropped dead and sounded flat no matter what they tried.

Mentions: Lacey ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ), Elijah ( DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein ), Zander ( iShyShy iShyShy ), and NYC ( Fanaa Fanaa )
Interactions: Sammie ( apolla apolla ), Ash ( Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler ), and Alma ( JustJazzy JustJazzy )

Upon arriving at the table, Max had quickly sensed the slightly sour mood his group was currently in. Alma seemed annoyed as she looked almost expectantly at Sammie, who looked like someone had kicked her puppy, and Ash looked concerned as he looked at the girls. Max immediately wondered what was wrong. Over the last twelve months since he’d joined the band, he’d notice times where, when practicing a song or working on something new, she’d get quiet and space out, like she was remembering something painful. Max had never found out what it was, and he’d never asked. It wasn’t his business to know, and he knew Sammie would tell him and the rest of the band if she ever wanted them to know.

Max laughed at Alma’s words, smiling at her when she scooted over slightly to make room for him. “Nah, just practicing my fashionably late arrival,” he joked, hoping to lighten the mood. He gave an inward victory yell when Sammie looked up at him with her usual bright smile, then slid into the booth beside her when she slid over to make room as well. It was nothing against Alma; it was just that he knew Sammie was at least a little upset, and he wanted to try and offer her a little comfort, however he could. Max followed Sammie’s gaze around the table with a soft smile on his face, one he reserved for his band and his family. Ash, Alma, and Sammie were the closest friends he had, and three of the coolest people he’d ever met. If any of them were ever going through something, Max did his best to be there for them, just as he knew they would do for him.

“Do we know them? Or like, what?” Alma asked. A confused look settled over Max’s face. Did they know who? What was she talking about? Max looked around the restaurant, but all he saw was the random faces of other bar-goers and the retreating backs of the group of four ridiculously sexy people he’d passed on his way in. Looking at them offered Max a reminder of the uncomfortable glance the woman had given him, the playful wink the taller, tattooed guy had thrown his way, and the gorgeous grin the shorter, long-haired man had stunned him with. A smile played on the edges of Max’s lips as he thought about it. He’d have to get to know the four of them while on this cruise, if only for the eye candy they brought, as he doubted they’d have much interest in a small-town keyboardist like him.

Max’s attention was brought back to the table when Sammie spoke, clearly answering Alma’s question when she mentioned a “he”—someone who was angry with her. Completely lost as to what they were talking about, Max tried to follow Sammie’s nod when she indicated who she was talking about, but still didn’t find who she was nodding at. Settling for being lost, Max gave the waiter his order—a glass of straight whiskey and a sub—and rested his arms on the table. When Sammie started to explain what she was talking about, Max made certain to listen. As she did, he caught onto this “Elijah” person being the he who was angry with her.

Hearing why was not easy, but Max knew he had no right to judge. He hadn’t been in her situation, and though he would never have done what she did himself, he had no right to hold her past decisions against her. No matter what Sammie had done in the past, she was practically family to him now, and that meant something to him. When Ash spoke, hoping to reassure Sammie and cheer her up before their gig tonight, Max smiled at him and wrapped his arm around Sammie’s shoulder, pulling her into his side for a quick half-hug before smiling down at her. “Ash is right. Everybody makes choices—sometimes bad, sometimes good—but the key is not to let them define you. The past is in the past, but we’re here, right now, in the present. We’re a band that’s about to perform on a cruise and take the world by storm, and we’re musicians, but most of all, we’re friends, and we’re here for you, Sammie. Always. And who knows, maybe someday, you might get the chance to work it out with this guy and fix the friendship you lost.”
code by apolla apolla

Last edited:
NYC

With: Members of G.A.Y
Mentioned: Elijah [@DarkiusHeavenstein], Lacey [@MadiRaiCat], Zander [@iShyShy], Solasta

NYC didn’t have bad blood with anyone, at keast not to his knowledge. Wait that was a lie, he was betrayed and got his heart broken by a girl named Nina Patel, but that was in kindergarten, well over a decade ago and probably nowhere near as serious as what had become of Elijah and Samantha. Though to be fair she did share her fruit snacks with another boy in their class, a boy who Noel was certain was still living in his mother’s basement, so her loss.

Back to the topic at hand, Noel was completely clueless to the fact that Elijah and Samatha had history, and he was upset that he didn’t know sooner. If he had known perhaps he could’ve been a better support system for the guitarist. Would it be wrong of him to be grateful that Samantha had hurt Elijah? She led him to Lacey, it didn’t matter if it was unintentional or not. “Well fuck her and her guitarist.” said the band’s drummer, this could be taken figuratively or literally; especially if Solasta’s guitarist was the male who had joined the group at the bar just as Noel and the rest of the members of G.A.Y were leaving.

“Aww you guys are gonna make me cry.” he said with a fake pout. Lacey, Zander, and Elijah did have a special place is his little drummer heart. After Zander and Elijah made it up on the stage Noel grabbed ahold on Elijah’s hand, there was no way in hell he was going to be able to get up on the stage in his current state. “I’m totally crowd surfing.” the blonde said as he flopping down. “You guys this is really happening!” he kicked his legs in excitement.

codedbycrucialstar​

Lacey Ross

[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
mentions: None
interactions: Elijah ( DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein ), Zander ( iShyShy iShyShy ), NYC ( Fanaa Fanaa )
Lacey1.png

Lacey smiled at Zander, sending him a thankful nod before he launched himself on stage. Eli soon replaced Zander at her side, offering her a comforting hug and a kiss on the cheek. She laughed lightly, but nodded anyway. Her anxiety was exponentially decreasing by the second, all due to her amazing friends and band mates. Honestly, Lacey would be a total mess without her boys around. She was too embarrassed to ever see a therapist and talk out her issues. But NYC, Eli, and Z were pretty much the next best thing. In sappy band mom terms, G.A.Y. was the best thing that had ever happened to her.

With a teasing roll of her eyes, Lacey followed them over to the stage as well, watching Zander's performance in a one-man air band. She offered him a playful golf clap before grabbing both Z and Eli's hands to hoist herself on stage. It was a large stage, maybe not the largest they had ever played. But definitely towards the top. With Eli's exclamation of excitement, the singer couldn't help but nod. "You know what? I can't either. This is going to be amazing," she added in with a pretty smile. She moved towards the microphone stand at the center of the stage, looking out over the audience area. Those seats would be filled with bodies later, but Lacey was surprisingly okay with that.

"Agreed on the acoustics," the brunette called back to her guitarist, "Just us talking sounds amazing." Interested in hearing what vocals would sound like, Lacey sang a few lines from one of their songs. The sound bounced back almost perfectly, which was rather surprising. Nevertheless, Lace turned and walked back to the group with a satisfied grin. At the notion of Noel crowd-surfing, she couldn't help but teasingly poke him. "As long as you don't get thrown into a table or something, surf to your heart's content." She finally felt at ease for the first time since boarding the ship.
[/div][/div]

Elijah Lorenz

Interaction
The Crowd

Mention
Most amazing Singer, Lacey MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat
The hottest Keyboardist ever, Z iShyShy iShyShy
The best drummer in the world, NYC Fanaa Fanaa
Samantha, of course, the bitch apolla apolla

Outfit
Sexy top with sexy pants.
Elijah was grinning from ear to ear. He looked at his bandmates as they stood back stage. He pulled them all into a big group hug. It was the only kind of ritual they had. "Let's go and make them go crazy," he said. He took a deep breath as they walked out on the stage. The crowd was already pretty warmed up and already going crazy, but he knew this was nothing compared to how they would in just a few minutes. His heart was pounding as he walked up towards the microphone on the left side of the stage. Though Lacey was an amazing singer, he dealt mostly with the talks and such. "How is everyone?!" he spoke and listened to the crowd cheer and roar. It brought him goosebumps already. He smiled over towards Zander as he gave a soft nod that he could slowly start on the intro of the song.

He looked past the keyboardist for a moment, knowing that she had to be there somewhere. Backstage or out in the crowd. He had no idea. He didn't care. He could only hope she was listening to this. "We are proud and very happy to stand here on the Essence Music Cruise Festival '19," he easily chatted away for a bit. So the band would have the time to fully get comfortable on the stage. He knew Zander would have no problem to play a bit around with the sounds on the keyboard. "We are GAY, and if you haven't heard of us yet, you sure won't forget us any more tonight!" He laughed as he walked a bit around with the microphone. Oh the energy of the crowd was amazing already and he knew too much talking would not do them any good. Talking was not where these people came from and it was not the reason they stood on this stage.

"So, this is one for our old fans. Those who have been with us from the start will recognize this, but I can already promise you that at the end, we will have something new, very new, never preformed before," Elijah said. He pulled one of his picks from the microphone. He changed his settings with his foot on the pedals that were connected with the boxes to get that nice distortion going on. "But let's start with our first song ever, dedicated... to everyone who has done us wrong," he said. He smiled towards Lacey, for he knew this song held some value to her as well. Not only to him and it was not specifically written with Sammie in mind. Though she too had her part in this. "So with no further time to waste... Let's get this shit started," he said.

He grabbed onto the microphone with one hand. "You're worthless to meeeee," he screamed into the microphone. Halfway through falling in with the guitar and NYC on the drums backing him up of course. He stepped back from the microphone as he played the song. He walked a bit around on the stage as Lacey sung the text, before running back to the microphone. "Look at me!" he growled as he looked at Lacey with a smile. "Look at me!" As always he did the rougher parts, though he knew she could have a raw voice as well.

"...All your apologies,
Those words are worthless to me
And I don't wanna hear that you're sorry
Your words mean nothing to me"

His voice so nicely backing up hers as the song continued flawlessly. He grinned back at NYC, who was doing a wonderful job, considering this was originally written for their old drummer. He was laughing through the song. This was amazing, their band on stage. No longer he could feel that anger he once held. Like the song said, her words would be worthless to him. Even if she apologized now, it would change nothing. Nothing at all. Especially now. Because this would just be another public act, because now they were here. Not because she really did feel sorry. If she had, she would have been by his door before. He shook his head as the calmer part of the music came, just him and Lacey, before they all picked up again. Soon, too soon, the end of the song came. Luckily it was not yet the last song for them to play. "Your words are worthless to meeee!" He screamed into the microphone, "they mean nothing!" He held the last scream as NYC ended the song with some last bashes on those drum. He was panting with a wicked smile on his face. God, this.. This was heaven.

Lacey Ross

mentions: None
Lacey1.png

Lacey stood back stage with her band mates, getting into the right mindset to go out there and perform. She shook out her hands and feet, closing her eyes. She could here the crowd already shouting, the previous bands having warmed them up fairly well. Even though she hated being in front of crowds, something about being in front of people on stage, playing her own music, giving away a part of herself in the form of a song, was calming. Lacey opened her eyes and grinned at her boys, letting Eli pull them all into a close group hug. It was something they did before every show and, honestly, it grounded her. She let the others take their places on stage before moving to its center, standing behind her signature purple microphone. Lacey waved to the crowd with a grin, pushing her soft hood back off her head. She took a step back from the mic, letting Eli take control to heat up the crowd even more.

The intro to their first song began, causing Lace to glance back at Z with a grin. The drums and the guitar followed, and the crowd's cheers caused a shiver to run up her spine. She looked out over the crowd, squashing the last bit of anxiety that the person she didn't want to see might some way, somehow be there. As Elijah switched his settings and sent a smile her way, Lacey stepped up to center stage and pulled her purple microphone from its stand. Her voice rang out around the room, bouncing off the walls with perfect acoustics. Lacey would never say she was the best vocalist in the world. In fact, she would actively deny that. But, her voice combined with the Eli's and the music the boys made was nearly perfect. Loosening up, Lacey moved around the stage, dancing alongside Zander and Eli as well as stepping up on NYC's riser to ruffle his hair.

As the song came to a close, she couldn't keep the smile off her face. The air in the room was electric. This is what she was born to do, what all of G.A.Y. was born to do. As the lights dimmed down and the stage crew brought out Lacey's acoustic guitar, she realized it was time for the song she wrote. She stuck the microphone back in it's stand and slung her acoustic guitar over her shoulder, checking that it was tuned before raising her gaze back to the crowd. This was one of the most personally revealing songs she had ever wrote, one of the very few she had shared with the guys. She gave no explanation as to what the lyrics meant, and they never asked. "Lay my head," Lacey began, light strumming the guitar, "Under the water. Lay my head, under the sea."

Like a cannon had gone off after the first part of the verse, the others entered with their instruments and the lights began to change. "Don't let the water drag you down," she continued, squeezing her eyes shut. Lacey was passionate about all of the music they created. But this song came from a dark place in her heart, made her more emotional than she ever intended when she performed. "Don't let me drown, don't let me drown in the waves!" Soon after, Elijah entered with his guitar solo, a carefully timed addition that allowed her to take a step back from the microphone and catch her breath for a second. The other instruments cut out, leaving only her acoustic strumming. "No I've never been, I've never been free." With the song over, she felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. Lacey gave the guitar back to the stage hand, both glad that they had played that song and glad that it was over.

[/div][/div]

Zander "Z" Rosewood

Mood: Preparing -> Excited Butterflies
Interactions: Elijah DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein , Lace MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat , NYC Fanaa Fanaa [/USER]
Outfit

Z was listening to the groups and crowd from back stage with a giant grin on his face before turning away to think for a minute. He had to close his eyes and mentally run through the show. Picturing the the entire band on stage absolutely nailing their parts and making the crowd go wild while imagining how the lights and movements of each piece of equipment, instrument, and person would add to the entire experience. It was almost like a mental checklist for him to make sure he had prepared fully for what was about to happen and everything checked out.

When he felt a tap on his shoulder his eyes shot open to Elijah getting the group together to do their ritual pre-show group hug. Z huddled into the group and replied after Elijah pepped them up. “Hell yeah!” Then the boys made their way to their positions on stage with Lacey following behind. It was intentional for a few reasons. It made sense to let the singer and focus come out last and Lacey didn't enjoy being on stage first anyway.

Standing with his feet slightly apart at his keyboard and light control set up, Z started playing some notes to get his fingers warmed up and to give some background sound to Elijah's speaking. It also served as a sneaky way for him to smoothly transition into their starting song without it feeling too sudden. Z couldn't help but watch how Elijah commanded the stage, walking around like he owned the place as he laughed. That laugh and smile was a killer combination, proven by the cheering of the girls in the crowd. Z chuckled to himself, the girls always fawned over him without knowing that he had no interest in them. But much like himself, they both adored the attention. He can't blame the fans though, look at that stunning man! Z's cheeky smile stuck on his face when he took a look around. The whole band was really just completely attractive. The same response would happen whenever the light shined on Lacey except it was normally the guys who would go wild. And whenever NYC stood up from his chair people would cheer like crazy.

It was time to get the first song started and Z played the low tones that would seamlessly progressed into the song. The lights started off dim until the first worst were sung by Elijah, when aw red beam of light surrounded him as he screamed into the microphone to heighten his emotion and screams. Following that, Lacey and her purple microphone were encompassed by a blue light to accentuate the purple microphone she adored. NYC was then encircled by a yellow orange light due to the intensity of the drums. Finally Z was standing in the middle of a purple light, specifically chosen because purple was normally Elijah's but red suited tonight's show more and it was a sneaky way for Z to let everyone know that he identifies as belonging to Elijah, at least partly. Neither of them were into that full commitment idea. As the instruments rang out with the music that meant so much to the band the lights would pulse beams around Elijah and Lacey as they sang to help keep everyone pumped up. After all, they wouldn't be GAY if they didn't flash their colors.

The first song ended and the second was a song that always caused Lacey to get emotional. The boys never asked why and Lacey wouldn't tell them if they had but it was clear in her voice and playing that the song held a higher meaning to her personally. Watching her play her guitar with the support of the boys around her always made Z hope she knew they always had her back and that she could open up to them one day. Starting off alone then being joined in by drums, Z stomped and clapped to the beat NYC was banging out to interact with the crowd and to get them to mimic him as Lacey sang. Then when his cue was heard he jumped in with the others to play and then let off when it was her turn to control the stage again to end the song.

The third song was one Z loved for its story and intensity. It never failed to get him or the crowd pumped up. Z was in no way a singer on stage but he lip synced the words as he head banged and danced in place. It would be a lie if he said he didn't identify with the song but then again, who could honestly say they didn't? To take the love you want for yourself and ignore what the world says or judges you for? That's gotta be everyone's dream! That's what the band was doing together, living their best lives doing what they wanted and leaving their pasts behind. Z would just stay in denial how it totally made him feel about his relationship with Elijah as he danced the thoughts away and smiled toward his band mates as they all played their hearts out for the roaring crowd.

codedbycrucialstar​

Last edited:
Sammie J
(Samantha)

Location: bar | Mentions: GAY; Ash ( Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler ); Alma ( JustJazzy JustJazzy ); Max ( Tori Bradley Tori Bradley ) | Interactions: random band guy

By the time Sam left the bar with her bandmates, she had a nice buzz going on. The conversation had drifted from her ex best friend and his new band to other topics, and the alcohol helped her forget her guilt and pain. In its place, excitement had started to settle in, and she actually started to enjoy herself.

It helped that her bandmates were so supportive. When they left the bar, there wasn't long until the concert portion of the night was supposed to start. Sam, wanting to check out some of the other bands, hung out in the special room off to the side of the concert room, where the bands could all hang out and co-mingle while the others performed.

There was a huge one way window in the room where the band members could look out and watch the others perform. When GAY was announced, Sam was in the middle of a conversation and missed it. But when Elijah started talking, her mind zeroed in on it like a laser beam. She turned her head and there he was, with the rest of his band, announcing their first song.

Excusing herself, she made her way to the window, beer bottle dangling between her first two fingers as she watched them perform. They were good, she had to give them that. Elijah always had been though, he'd just improved over time.

"They're pretty decent." The guy she'd been talking to appeared beside her, but Sam didn't comment back. All she could do was nod as they moved into the rest of their set. One of the backstage workers came into the room, calling out amongst the different band members.

"SOLASTA! Calling members of Solasta to prepare for your set!"

AC30B078-D6E3-45D9-A657-B85BB473449C.gif
Ash had enjoyed hanging out with his bandmates and friends enjoying a drink before they had to head to the band area. Of course he would never let on just how nervous he was because he knew someone had to always stay calm and the way Sammie's nerves had been he had decided it was best not to let on his anxieties with anyone in the band. By the time they had finished eating and having a drink he felt more relaxed and less anxious but he could still see the slight sadness and stress behind Sammie's eyes. He knew it was best not to mention in to her. He had decided to take a moment in the bathroom just preppings himself with a small talk in the mirror. He had always learned to psyche himself upend give himself a pep talk. He was a good guitarist, he knew the songs and they were more than prepared as a band. When he had come back to the band area he had heard the members of GAY being announced. He watched at the window hands chilling in his pocket playing with the loose change he still had. They were good and that did make him nervous. He could only imagine how everyone else was feeling.
He closed his eyes and put himself back into the mindset of Solasta going over their set in his head, he knew it like the back of his hand. There was no reason for him to be stressed or scared. They had played in front of crowds but none quite this size and nothing like the caliber they were playing tonight. When he heard his bands name being called he took a deep breath. It was their time to shine to show everyone why they were there. They deserved to be there just like every other band no matter what some jerks from another band who only had one side of a story thought. Justified jerks but still jerks and he wasn't going to let them get in his head. He walked over to Sammie, "Let's kill this set, S" he squeezed her in a one armed hug, "Show them those stellar pipes and remember you are amazing." he was ready as he grabbed one more shot from the band room. A shot for luck and courage in his mind. Now all they had to do was perform like they always did and everything would be amazing he knew it.

Mention(s): GAY members, Tori Bradley Tori Bradley , JustJazzy JustJazzy
Interaction(s): apolla apolla

Last edited:

Elijah Lorenz

Interaction
The Crowd

Mention
Most amazing Singer, Lacey MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat
The hottest Keyboardist ever, Z iShyShy iShyShy
The best drummer in the world, NYC Fanaa Fanaa
Pomelo = Samantha apolla apolla

Outfit
Sexy top with sexy pants.
The show was going great, effortless, amazing. The energy of the crowd was amazing, the energy on the stage was equally good. Perhaps even better. Laceys emotional song had calmed them all down, but Zanders choice had brought all energy back. It was an amazing rollercoasters of songs as always. Elijah was having a blast on the stage as he ran around, jumped up and down, though not missing a single note and nailing each solo so far. Way too fast they had come to the end of their set list again. Only one song left to play. Their newest song. That he had promised this crowd at the start f the show. He took a deep breath as he walked up to the microphone again when their previous song had ended. "Guys... You have been absolutely amazing, but it is time for some sad news," he said.

Elijah put his guitar away as he walked to the front of the stage, while the stage helps took his guitar away and replaced it with his other guitar. "This is gonna be our last song of tonight," he said with a pout. He glanced over his shoulder towards the backstage where Solasta was being rounded up probably. "Last song, but this is our newest song as well," he said. He looked back at the immense crowd. Had it grown during their play? Had more people joined the show? He had no idea. It didn't matter. All that matter where these three people here with him on the stage. "Like the song we started with, this is one that is very personal for me. It is a bit of a fuck you song, but also pretty much a thank you song," he said. He put the microphone back in the standard. He picked up his guitar as he played over the strings for a moment. "The fuck you part will be very clear," he said, "but the thank you part because without her I wouldn't be here tonight having the time of my life." Oh, yes he wanted to make this a very clear stab towards her.

His heart beat falling perfect inline with those drums as he took a deep breath and started the opening scream of the song. There was still some melody before the song would start and thus he took that moment to make sure there was no doubt left. "This one is for you, Pomelo," he said with a deep dark tone. There lay an almost evil smirk around his lips as he used that nickname. He hadn't used it in five years, but now it almost seemed perfect. "I'm not the reason you're empty," he screamed, before Lacey took over the calmer parts in the song. "I'm just the person you needed!" There was anger in his voice. True anger for once as he played the song. His heart drumming heavily in his chest as he and Lacey sung the chorus of the song, before he for once took the microphone and truly only the microphone. He knew Z would have his back with a loop track of him playing the melody or something like that.

"Now you can never be trusted!" He screamed into the microphone. He shook his head softly. "You're not the person I once could rely on," he sung with a calm clear voice. Something he hardly did, only when songs really meant a lot to him. Like this one. Right now. "You've gone and burnt all your bridges!" It was a subtle reference to that night. That very night that he had spend out in the cold, in the dark, under that bridge not even sure if he'd make it through the next week. While she was drinking champagne and having a party. "Do I have to sit and watch 'til nothing remains?" He would never admit the many times he had watched the shows she had been on, the interviews on youtube and where else. He closed his eyes as he picked up the guitar again and the chorus was sung over and over with Lacey once more doing the calm vocals.

The outro took its time and he needed it probably to get back to his normal happy go lucky personality. Though he was failing quite a bit as he grabbed the microphone for one last announcement. "We are GAY and we hope you enjoyed this show as much as we did," he said with a bit more flat tone than normally. Most of the times they would do one selfie with the crowd and he couldn't care less about the plans of the next band, but now... he wasn't feeling it at all. He flicked his plectrum into the crowd mindlessly as he smiled a bit at the band. It had still been an amazing show though and he knew he should focus on that. But right now, he felt like ordering a straight Jack, despite never having taken a drop of alcohol. His hand reached out towards Z, just like before when Z had reached out to him when leaving the cafe. He just needed to be pulled out of this and who else than the keyboardist would be able to?

Sammie J
(Samantha)

Location: bar | Mentions: GAY; Ash ( Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler ); Alma ( JustJazzy JustJazzy ); Max ( Tori Bradley Tori Bradley ) | Interactions: random band guy

It was time.

Sammie turned away from the window, smiling at Ash as he gave her a one armed hug-squeeze. They were going to kill this set, for sure. Despite the fact that this trip had been shit so far-- her band excluded, of course-- due to her ex best friends presence, this is what she lived for. This is what Solasta lived for.

Just as she started towards the door that would lead them backstage to prepare, she heard Elijah's voice again. She made the mistake of glancing over her shoulder, watching him talk. His stage presence was simply amazing; he'd come so far from their practices back in the day.

For a moment, she was proud.

Then the reality of what he was saying sunk in, and she heard the nickname he'd coined for her that she hadn't heard in years. That aside, the song itself... it was so full of hatred, of loathing, that she was taken aback. Her lips parted and she stood there, frozen to the spot, until the clipboard guy came to find her.

"You the singer for Solasta?" He stood in front of her, eyes bored.

"Y-yeah."

"Your other bandmates are waiting for you."

Shit. "Okay sorry!" Her gaze lingered on Elijah for another moment before she followed clipboard guy backstage, to where the rest of Solasta had gathered. "Sorry guys." Mumbling, somewhat distracted, she started to help set up. GAY had officially finished their set, and were moving offstage. In a different direction, thankfully.

"You guys ready?" She turned to the other three, trying to rally them together-- and herself, too. "Remember the setlist?"

Zander "Z" Rosewood

Mood: Rocking -> Cute -> Excited
Interactions: Elijah DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein , Lace MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat , NYC Fanaa Fanaa [/USER]
Outfit

The crowd was at its peak energy as the final song was coming up. Truth be told, it was a little nerve wracking to play their newest song live with it only being finished a few hours prior but Z knew they could handle it. With the immense energy in the room Zander was pretty sure that nothing could possibly fail at that moment unless it was extreme.

Throwing on the usual background music that played between songs, Z watched Elijah work his magic on the audience. The ease and smoothness in his movements as he traded guitars with the stage help was oddly addictive to watch. It all lead up to that playful pout that caused the entire room to fill with a simultaneous 'awwww'. As Elijah was introducing the song, Z used the time to set up the sound board and lights so he would be prepared. It only took a minute until his focus was back on Elijah saying the song had a huge 'fuck you' moment, which was true, but then said it was for some Pomelo. What... is a Pomelo? It has to be about Sam. Unless.. Maybe there was some special meaning but it didn't matter. If he really wanted to know he could ask later but Eli might even explain if he was lucky. Then Eli jumped into the screaming beginning of the song without hesitation and the music blared up behind him immediately as everyone followed. Lacey was nailing her parts, of course, and NYC was absolutely owning his beat. Suddenly Eli let go of his guitar and let it sling to the side as he grabbed the microphone and sang his soul out. Startled, Z scrambled to hit the instrumental loop for the guitar, breaking into a stressed sweat as he laughed it off after he smacked the button.

Elijah's and Lacey's voices started to settle, indicating the end of the song. Eli even used his real voice instead of screaming. The crowd really didn't know how lucky it was to hear that. He grabbed his guitar and Z turned off the looping melody as the band completed the outro. Eli bid farewell to the new and old fans and didn't call the others for a band photo with them. He's probably spent. It's fine. Z spun around, clapping and bowing to the people in the audience with a wide smile on his face as he said “Thank you! Thank you all!” Then he made his way out from behind his keyboard until he saw Eli's outstretched hand. Z's smile naturally grew as he grasped the guitarist's hand tightly in his own and pulled the male towards him so he could plant a quick kiss on his cheek before leading him off stage behind Lacey and NYC. “You rocked hard, Eli. A true sight to behold. Thank you.” He finished the statement with a sly wink and running his free hand through the front of the guitarist's hair, disguising the action as fixing the sweaty locks.

Luckily they left the stage as Solasta entered behind them so no one had to deal with seeing the subject of GAY's last song. Z's excitement started flaring up once the band was backstage again and he squeezed Eli's hand tightly. “That was absolutely epic!” He swung his intertwined hand up in the air as he made eye contact with Nyc, Lace, and finally Eli. “Should we celebrate?” Z didn't really want to watch Solasta's performance. He wouldn't mind running to grab things for everyone since he knew nothing could top the show GAY just gave. He would just feel bad for Solasta for having to follow up after them.

codedbycrucialstar​

Lacey Ross

mentions: Sammie ( apolla apolla ), Ash ( Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler )
Lacey1.png

Lacey turned her back on the microphone for a moment, offering the boys a soft smile to let them know she was fine and the show would, as always, go on. She knew they wondered about her lyrics and what the meanings truly were, and maybe some day the woman would share with them. Until then, it was easy to see the support and love in their eyes for her, and that was enough for Lacey to always keep going. With what seemed like a hundred pound weight being lifted from her shoulders in the form of cathartic release, Lacey spun back around to face the microphone, her brunette hair fluttering around her shoulders as she did so. The next song was one she knew would bring back up the energy and command the audience to join in. The combination of her and Elijah's voices at the introduction were raw and perfect at the same time, causing a smile to slightly curve up her lips.

Lacey moved around the stage with a little bit more comfortable ease than previously. She spun and head-banged, really getting into the energy of the song. It was freeing almost, like they were back in their old practice space, playing for no one but themselves. Elijah's intro mini-solo was on point, and Lacey placed the purple microphone back into its stand as the first verse began. The crowd was jumping, dancing, and some even singing along. Lacey was a decent guitar player. But Eli's ability to move his fingers so quickly along the strings never ceased to amaze her. His solos and riffs in this song were pretty much mind-blowing, and she was happily envious of his skills. He had tried to teach her a few times. But Lacey gladly conceded that he was, and always would be, a much better guitar player than she ever could. All of the guys were masters of their instruments, and she was immensely proud of them.

Too soon, their set was coming to a close. Lacey was a bit out of breath. But, like always, she was sad to see them end, no matter how much she hated being in the spotlight. Stepping away from the microphone to take a sip from her water bottle, Lacey moved to the background. This was Eli's newest creation, a complete 'fuck you' to the girl who he had once called his best friend. She was more than happy for him to take the spotlight again, for more than one reason. Being handed her other guitar, Lacey would bring up rhythm and harmony from the background, which was honestly her favorite way to end a show anyway. The song smoothly moved into soft outro music as Eli announced their departure. Lacey let out a sigh of relief, smiling shyly as she waved to the cheering crowd. Lacey was known to be the last one on stage and the first one off, so she easily slid behind the curtains, handing over her guitar before waiting for her boys.

"That was amazing, you guys. Easily one of our best sets to date," Lacey said, pulling them all into a short but happy hug. Her energy was high, and there was a small boost in her confidence that tended to show up after a show. It didn't last long, but it was enough for Lacey. Across the stage, she caught sight of Solasta preparing to enter for their set. The blonde, who she assumed was Sammie seemed just slightly thrown off. A guy Lace knew as part of Solasta threw back a shot with the blonde, and that was the last thing she noticed before turning her attention back to her boys. Even though the past between Eli and Sammie was rocky at best, Lacey still hoped they had a good show. "Yes, I think a celebration is definitely in order," Lacey agreed, a smile on her face. With a wink, she teased, "This is a cruise, right? There has to be a night club somewhere with a VIP area reserved for us."
[/div][/div]

tumblr_mvnl6c6dpf1shsxzto1_500.gif

Ash could tell Sammie was nervous especially by the fact that she was the last one to catch up to them. It was rare for her to be last but a lot was going on for her and that wasn't any fault of her own. He could only hope that she would be stable enough to get through the set. Big show and an old friend made it hard and he knew that so of course he threw no pressure towards his singer. As she caught up he gave her a large grin. "I think we know the set list. You remember it too?" he teased her. She had been the one to come up with a majority of the set list so he knew that Sammie knew it like the back of her hand, "You ready for the new duet?" he asked motioning between her and Max. It was the first time he hadn't been the one for a duet but Max was eager and honestly Ash needed a break from singing. The spotlight wasn't his thing.

As he walked towards the stage he looked back once more and shot a wink to Sam and mouthed to her 'you got this' before walking away. He made his way towards his mark and made sure his guitar was properly hooked up. Now all he had to do was wait for everyone else to be ready. He looked out into the crowd and it made his heart beat a little quicker. He could feel his nerves now but he knew once they started their set he would be fine. Their first big show, the excitement was buzzing through the air. From the bands and from the crowd, himself included in all of that. He could only hope that everyone else felt the same excitement.

apolla apolla Tori Bradley Tori Bradley

Location: Bar---> Concert Room ---> Concert Common Room ---> Stage

Max thoroughly enjoyed having a bit of time to relax and talk with his bandmates. It was nice to just take a beat, have some drinks, eat some food, and enjoy the fact that they were VIP passengers on a freaking cruise ship. It wasn’t something Max had ever imagined he’d be doing, especially not as a member of a band that was a headline performer on that cruise ship, so he wanted to enjoy every moment of it. Once the conversation turned away from Sammie’s old friend, the mood had brightened considerably, heightened by Max’s pitiful attempts at jokes. He was not the best at simple humor, but it was the effort that counted, and his bandmates always found his attempts at humor funnier than his actual jokes anyway.

Soon enough, it was time to head for the concert area. Max made his way there with his bandmates, awed by the gorgeous set up of the concert room. The stage was enormous, bigger than any of the ones he’d been on before, and there were so many seats Max thought it may just take him a year to count them all if he tried. The sight evoked his pre-show jitters and he felt his heart stutter in nervous anticipation. He did not want to screw this up. He wanted to be at his best tonight, especially considering tonight would be his first time singing on stage during one of their shows. He had to make sure this show was their best yet.

Max followed his bandmates into the smaller common room off the concert room, giving a small wave to the other bands already situated inside before joining Sammie and Ash by the window as GAY, the first band to perform, kicked off their show. When his eyes zeroed in on the guy was talking, standing centerstage in the spotlight, he found himself chuckling. He glanced around the rest of the people on stage, lacking surprise at who else he found up there. It was the people he’d passed in the hall earlier—the ridiculously good-looking ones. He wasn’t surprised to find they were one of the bands. Oblivious to Sammie’s distress as the performance began, Max eagerly watched, thoroughly impressed by it.

“Damn, they’re good,” Max said quietly when the last song came to a close. He wondered who the last song was directed at, as it was clearly a highly personal song to the boy who’d sung it. His other bandmates already knew, having been told the story and the identity of its antagonist before. Max knew the bottom line now—that Sammie had betrayed and subsequently lost her best friend at the start of her career—but that was all he knew. He didn’t know her best friend’s name or what they looked like, and he didn’t know the extent of what had happened. He had no clue that the guy whose face he’d been admiring since seeing him earlier was the elusive best friend from Sammie’s past.

Shaken from his thoughts by the sound of the ship’s staff calling out his band’s name in order to tell them it was time to prepare their set, Max watched the GAY members disappear off stage and then slowly made his way to backstage to make sure his keyboard was set up and ready to go. Ash and Alma followed close behind him, with Sammie hurrying in a couple minutes later. Max smiled at her, nodding when she asked about the set list as he tapped a couple keys on his board, double and triple checking the sound. When Ash mentioned the duet a moment later, Max felt his heart jump in nervous excitement. He was both ecstatic and terrified for it.

“Yea, I remember. I only rehearsed the whole setlist to myself like a hundred thousand times,” Max chuckled. A moment later, he picked his keyboard up and followed Ash out onto the stage, making sure to keep his eyes off the stage floor as he did. He set his keyboard on the stand, making sure it was all hooked up, and then he situated his microphone so he could sing into it while still reaching his keyboard. Looking out over the crowd, he flashed them all his trademark Southern grin and rested his hands on the keys, ready to rock the house.
code by apolla apolla

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back