• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Wandering Owl

It just matters that someone was listening.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
STEAMPUNK

Hey there! This is a general concept I've wanted to do for a while, I wanted to see whether people would be interested before making any big setup decisions. I might put up another interest check once things are fleshed out more, but here's the basics of what I've got so far:

Setting
Steampunk, for anyone not familiar with it, is essentially "Victorian sci-fi" - imagining modern/futuristic technology through the lens of a world based on steam power and clockwork. Think Bioshock, Fullmetal Alchemist, or Howl's Moving Castle. As for physical setting, I'd like to set it in a big city, as the title says. I think there's just so much more potential to be explored there. What that city is, whether it's set in our world or another one, is still to be decided.

Genre
I'm intending this to be primarily an action/adventure RP, but I'm absolutely down for integrating elements of other genres too. Fantasy is a big one - I don't necessarily want "people with powers" to be a focal point of the RP, but I'd love to have some magic in the mix, whether it's just very rare, process-based (e.g. rituals and potions rather than innate powers), or having magical creatures rather than magical powers. Even having some player characters as magical creatures, in one way or another. I can also see this set-up using elements of mystery or horror quite easily.

Other than that, I'm pretty open to suggestions! Would you be interested in writing in this setting? What sort of characters and stories would you enjoy playing? Let me know!

coded by: @s e v e n

Obsidian Obsidian , I haven't decided on all the details yet, but what sort of things would you be interested in doing? I wanna make sure it's enjoyable for everyone before I pin too much down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back