• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Goonfire Goonfire Interesting character, the personality is a bit too short, and I would like to know a bit more about how he interacts with others when he's put on a team. As I said in the guidelines, characters who don't do well in teams will not be good for the rp.

On it. Gimme an hour to fix that, I’m not home atm.

Naberius Naberius Good CS, because I told everyone else to do it, I need a bit more for personality ^-^ but not much. Do that and your CS is accepted.

and I believe that's 10.

This may already have been ask but, Would you permit an alien with biological transmutation abilities? Could this alien species' DNA been used in the creation of chimeras and possibly hunted to near extinction?

This may already have been ask but, Would you permit an alien with biological transmutation abilities? Could this alien species' DNA been used in the creation of chimeras and possibly hunted to near extinction?
Aliens definitely can have magical abilities, they can use any type of thaumaturgy, but I'm afraid our roster just filled up. I can put you on the waitlist if you like and notify you when a slot open up.

I'm sending a detail description of the species I was looking to play. let me know if you want changes.

ArtStation - Dark Fantasy vol_ 8, Bjorn Hurri.pngRace: Galdri or "skinwalkers" - an alien race with the ability to change their appearance. For them it is not just a magical ability but an instinctual and biological defense. It is for this reason they have been hunted by black market poachers and used in experimentation. Even though outlawed, few exist on their home planet from being so heavily hunted. Others find it easier to hide in plain sight among travelers. Either way, if a Galdri stays in one place too long the greater the risk of being found out and taken. They are also not the most attractive of creatures. Their grotesque appearance often coincide with the stuff of nightmares which has given them the unearned moniker of skinwalkers. However, they are timid by nature, and their society is founded on a live and let live philosophy. That is not to say they won't fight back when pushed into a corner. Physical contact is not forbidden but cautioned and ritualized among their own.

Galdri Thaumaturgy - Biological transmutation - Specialized receptors on their hands and feet permit the Galdri to mimic the structure of nearly any creature. The exceptions being a species that is more elemental in nature, mechanical/magical creatures, or those of an insect based evolution. Galdri prefer the shapes of mammals they can hold these shapes almost indefinitely. Other species such as lizards and birds require more concentration to maintain. They can mimic anything within these parameters. However the size of the mimic is limited to one foot taller or smaller than their true form (adults 5.9 - 6.5). They also revert back to their true forms when incapacitated or mortally wounded.
Galdri can only "cash" two alternate forms at a time. These are near identical images of the individuals they have touched with their receptors. If they come into contact with a new individual it replaces the older of the other two automatically. If they "cash" two of the same species they can mix and match to make a unique appearance. Galdri males are not limited to sex when changing their form, but females are if pregnant.
If a Galdri touches a species they have never encountered before, their form changes without their control into that species. This is called a "forced change" and is and uncontrollable reflex. Much like how poking a puffer fish makes it inflate. It takes seconds for the change and around an hour to pass. That hour is painful and stressful. Their adrenaline spikes and they can become aggressive. When it passes the Galdri reverts to its true form and cannot change again until they have rested for roughly six to eight hours. Most hunters of Galdri take advantage "forced change" to find and incapacitate their quarry.

Last edited:
Nor I. Mostly due to technical issues I rather not go into since it'd take far too long to explain...

That would actually freak her out knowing that Cora isn't an actual animal and is just transmutating. Larassa will have a strong hatred for biological transmutation because of her background, so it will take her some time to want to actually be Cora's friend.

Oh I see. I was thining that since Raven prefers animals over people she would be more comfortable with a transmuter in animal form than as a person.

SilverFlight SilverFlight question, when transmuters mutate themselves or others, do they lose the ability to speak? They wouldn't lose the knowledge of language obviously, but since the vocal chords change are they not able to talk?

Oh I see. I was thining that since Raven prefers animals over people she would be more comfortable with a transmuter in animal form than as a person.

SilverFlight SilverFlight question, when transmuters mutate themselves or others, do they lose the ability to speak? They wouldn't lose the knowledge of language obviously, but since the vocal chords change are they not able to talk?
There are a lot of alien species with vary strange mouths that we'd say could speak properly, so I'll allow it, for consistency.

I think I'm done.... unless you don't like it or I royally screwed up. *fingers crossed*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back