• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Interest Check

SilverFlight

Tende altum, volare altius
Supporter
A band of space rogues, an Imperial kidnapping, and a universe on the brink.
Anna.jpg

Galleons amongst galaxies, space travel has been achieved, though the technology retains its brass-tubed Victorian style. This is a world of an empire, of noble families and lowborn labourers, where some are handed privilege, and others must cast their fortune to the solar winds and see where they are taken. If one is lucky enough to be a lowborn with the skill of wonderworking, one would be admitted into the Imperial Thaumaturge Academy, and train as an equal with nobles in the arts of elemental manipulation, biological transmutation or the healing arts. Those who are drawn to machines may be recruited to build the incredible ships that sail through the stars, or create intricate automatons that serve lords and kings. You may also be inclined toward the Imperial navy, where you might train to fly one of the empire’s glorious solar-sailed ships. You can play as an Imperial human, an alien, an automaton or a bioman and professions range from automateur or engineer to ship captain, or crewman, thaumaturge (mage) in one of the four diciplines to just about anything you can imagine would be in a Victorian space age.

Our characters will travel to different worlds, dive into high-space adventure and become entwined in a plot that will put the very fate of the universe in jeopardy! Our story will center around a band of rogues, and all the people who come into their circle. The beginnings open with a letter…

The letter outlines a job, larger than any of the rogues have ever done. In the midst of the Intergalactic Unity Festival, the largest festival in the galaxy, they are to enter the Imperial capital, St Celeste, sneak into the palace, and kidnap the heir to the Imperial throne.

World

This is a world that can be described at solar punk with a Victorian twist. It is not unlike Disney’s Treasure Planet, where the space-traveling ships are massive sailing ships with solar energy-collecting sails. There are alien races and a special branch of magically-changed humans called biomen. There are also sentient automatons, created by the master automateurs, usually in the service of nobles or kings. Most of the galaxies in the known universe are under Imperial control, and subject to Imperial law. Many previously-inhabited planets were colonized and their native populations assimilated into Imperial culture, though there is an attempt to preserve the original cultures and languages, and most of the effort is made by the native peoples themselves. There are galaxies outside Imperial influence, those are within “Out Space” and it is strongly discouraged for any Imperial citizen to go…they usually do not return.

Space is vast and the trade routes between galaxies and planets are patrolled frequently by pirates. Merchant ships and Imperial vessels are often weaponized with energy canons, and a fighting force employed on board armed with beam sabers and blasters that draw similarities with Victorian weaponry. The Imperial capital is on a planet called Centralis, in the central most galaxy of Imperial space, Imperialis. The city was given the name St Celeste, by the first emperor.

There is going to be a bit of lore explaining a lot more about the magic, the races, the jobs and the world, but for now, anyone who is interested in a detailed rp about solar punk space pirates, raise their hand!

Naberius Naberius The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit andujarprime andujarprime Inheritance Inheritance Lioness075 Lioness075 Feywild Feywild The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard Crocodile Crocodile

Last edited:
I have now assembled a Space Victorian category on Pinterest and await more details.
I think we have the interest already, I'm just working on finishing up the lore and I'll get to work putting up that and the character guidelines so people can get started.

Ermagerd, the industrial/steampunk theme has been popping up around me lately, and I love it. So psyched to do this.

You already know I'm always interested in your RPs. :P

... I would def be interested in this if there is still space (that was not meant to be a pun but let’s pretend it was intentional)

... I would def be interested in this if there is still space (that was not meant to be a pun but let’s pretend it was intentional)
I will be counting the first 10 accepted characters, once the lore and guidelines are up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back