• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom STAR WARS: FALLEN ORDER [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
As much as I'm going to agree with mirgris here, we're over ruled. Also, from what I've found padawans were indeed selected at 13 as the baseline. If you failed to pass the iniatiate trials, you joined the service corps. So I was correct in my earlier statment.
Not entirely. I also agree with Migris. This can quickly go down the route of the “I’m the invincible child-serial killer that’s “unpredictable” - which just means I stab people randomly - and things don’t have impact even when something bad happens to me.” Also the age doesn’t make any sense. Why seven? Have you seen seven year olds? You really want to be stuck like that forever?

However I am not against a Daminen Wayne Sith apprience That is suspended animation until he is awakened. It’s just the age that doesn’t make sense.

I honestly have no clue on damien wayne stuff (I don't got the money to afford comics, and I'm too lazy to google), but I can agree there. I'll be fine with a suspended animation thing, sounds plausible for the star wars universe, kinda cool maybe. But seven seems..drastically young. To be able to make good decisions, be able to plausibly survive in a hostile environment (we set this right at the end of the clone wars, there was TONS of hostile environment), and be remotely capable of using a form with a form of skill is....well, that's nigh impossible.

Exactly, seven years old is just --- one they are physically not as capable without force-abilities. Two: they won't be able to weild a proper lightsaber. Three: They are just not threatening. How can you be intimidating when you are seven?! Have you seen seven-year-olds try to be adults? it doesn't work because no one takes them seriously.

Now, I will say this, and I say this with everything. Anything is possible when written extremely well. Who knows, maybe the limitations of the character will lead to more creative decisons on their part.

But still, seven is just ...... way too young ......

I am perfectly fine with a Sith Lord that is biologically a child trapped in suspended animation until they are released. Quite frankly, I think it's the most unique character concept we have. Just make the child older and more physically capable. That is all.

I'd be fine with what polik said but yea...I've got a nephew. He was seven once. When he was trying to be intimidating, it was a mix of cringe and 'I can't even begin to take you seriously'. Seven just seems...ech.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't sith purebloods biologically more attuned to the dark side? That would present a big problem to begin with if the Jedi even let him train with them

I would honestly not have a seven year old force user trying to act on their own.

It would be incredibly difficult to write well,
Incredibly easy to write poorly.
Incredibly easy to ruin serious scenes with.

Because as a child they should act like a child often times people take incredibly young characters who are equal to others to show "how incredibly bad ass they are" it's an E-Pen thing.

Other times the childish nature just comes off as "lol so random/meme lord" kind of lame and easy to be terrible for a scene.
Or the child trying to be serious just is very hard to take seriously. Which can be a source of interesting conflict done well but is incredibly hard to do well and very easily done poorly.
There are just numerous ways for it to fail.

Not to mention 7?!

A normal child starts to read at 6.
Do a google image search for seven year old and tell me if you really think a sith force user should be 7 years old. (yes, the 7 year old has a stance on a complicated philosophical debate on the human condition and logic,.....................though they haven't read any books on the matter)

Also, lord GM am I good to post?
I think Galactatech Galactatech meant a Sith species, not necessarily a Dark Side force user. I will admit though, I haven’t given the age factor much thought and you have point for that. Padawans were selected at the ripe age of 13, after passing the Intiate trials that is. If Gala were to bump the age up, I’d give him more acceptance. And yes, you are able to post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't sith purebloods biologically more attuned to the dark side? That would present a big problem to begin with if the Jedi even let him train with them
I believe you’re right, but I doubt that some where in the Star Wars universe there wasn’t a pure blooded sith who wasn’t dedicated to the Light Side.

It's also a clone of my own character in many ways (but younger)

Who was trained as a sith before being rescued by the jedi and now taking on that training.

I'm going to agree with the above here, or are there still a overload amount of people who've yet to do anything?

well I uh...guess if anyone wanted to do a rp similiar to this in a one on one fashion, ro just something star wars, lemme know. This got me hyped and I did my research and then...ech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back