• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Spirits Walk Among Us - In Character

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Castor was a little concerned when Inari sounded surprised he'd mentioned flames. Couldn't she feel them? They were small, but it was still fire. It could still do a lot of damage to the body, no matter how small it is. Especially since it was in her wound. That bit was incredibly surprising and he looked at her with extreme worry on his face. Then, his face softened to a relieved one as soon as she had mentioned it was normal. Maybe it was something to do with her powers. He knew she could use fire, so maybe they were helping her. After all, the blood loss had subsided and no infections had come up. She mentioned something about kitsune blood and he tilted his head with a flick of his tail. It sounded like she was joking, but Vivi was so quick to put her hand over Inari's mouth when she spoke again that he wasn't so convinced it was a joke. What was up with kitsune blood? If it was a powerful thing, his brother or father would probably know. But he was good with staying in the dark about that one. It sounded important to keep it under wraps so he wasn't going to push it. Especially when he didn't understand.

Castor shook his head with Inari's next comment. "That's not really why I was worried about them." He confessed and left it at that. All he had wanted to know was that it wasn't bad for Inari. If it was, he was prepared to do something about it. He hadn't thought about what, he really hadn't thought that far ahead, but he would've figured out something. Once again, he hated pain. Even if he was a coward, he didn't like seeing anyone in pain and would do anything he could to help.

He went back to looking closely at the wound. She'd been in pain, so that's what he should focus on. But he was limited in supplies. He didn't have bandages or a readymade poultice. He wasn't a medic, only a boy with a fascination for plants and the natural world. He really didn't know what he could do. "Hey, Odie, could you find me some cloth. Anything will really do. Just enough to wrap around her arm. And be careful." He grabbed the sleeve from Odin and the raven sped off. He looked at the herbs he had with him while holding onto the sleeve. Pain relief, pain relief. He got an idea. He grabbed a jagged rock, maybe debris or a chipped off piece of building, and started smashing at the leaves. He knew about each of their medicinal properties just from having knowledge on plants. He was extracting the pulp that would become the basis for the poultice. A bowl would be much better, but right now he'd just have to settle for cupping his hand and being very careful not to cause himself blood loss.

Odin came back soon enough and dropped a ragged piece of cloth next to him. Having a bird who could fly around and grab him things was useful. "Thanks Odin." He said as the raven took his spot up again and held up Inari's sleeve. He was done mashing up the leaves with his hand feeling a little sore from basically punching it with a rock, but it was fine. He took up the cloth with his other hand. It looked like it'd been some kind of white material, probably clothing, but the edges were burnt making them black from soot and ash. It wasn't an ideal material to be putting on an open wound, but it's not like any of this was being done professionally anyways. They didn't have any materials and it's not like they could go get some. Everyone was busy evacuating and they'd be caught by Kishi's men if they were to try and raid a real shop, which is something he wouldn't advocate for under normal circumstances. In short, there weren't any other options, so he had to make do. "I know it looks a little weird, but it should make your wound feel much better. Sort of like a natural pain killer. It'll act as a little bit of a barrier as the wound closes up and it'll help the progression." He explained first and then took the runny paste on his hands and smeared it over the wound. Inari would feel some pain, but he tried to be gentle with his touch. "Sorry." He used some magic to bring out more of the plant's medicinal properties, his hand and the paste started glowing a faint green before stopping. He then wrapped the cloth over it tight and completed the tie with a little bow on the top. The somewhat white cloth was now becoming a little green from the paste, but it didn't soak through. It should be fine, and he'd wrapped it tight to prevent any more blood loss if it did start. "That's as much as I can do at the moment." He said as he moved back from her. He sounded apologetic. Odin carefully dropped her sleeve over it and flew down to stand beside Castor. The boy stroked his head in a thank you gesture for helping out. "I hope it starts feeling better. You should get it checked out by a professional when all of this is over with. It could become serious if its untreated."

Inari Natsuki and ViviCurrent State: Partial Kitsune State
Interactions: AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf

Inari winced a bit but mostly remained unaffected. She understood the concern Castor had, Inari put her uninjured arm on her chest, "It's my soul mostly. Every Kitsune has one, it's what gives us our powers and determines our battle readiness and element type." Inari then placed both hands over her heart, "Mine is... special..." she looked away after saying this and paused for a moment, "...and I hate it. It causes me to lose control if I fully release my true powers. All Kitsune can freely transform in and out of their nine tail fox forms. I can't... at least not without losing control." Inari looked at Castor and took her right hand and formed a flame in it, "My type is Fire..." then her left hand and formed a Shadowy flame in it, "...and Shadow."

She dispersed them, "It's because of this Soul we have that Kitsune don't retain any physical scars. I'll heal up given time, Castor." Deep within Inari's soul, something slightly resonated, 'I...I'm hurting... my... host...?' something said in a deep, raspy voice. No-one could hear this voice though, not even Inari.

Vivi stood in front of Inari, who adjusted Vivi's bunny ears and gave her a pat and Vivi smiled, "Besides, I have people I care about who need protecting, I need to be strong." Inari sat down and sighed, "That being said, I'm exhausted..."

Iris was relieved when Castro accepted the machine wasn't hostile. He even would allow her to stick around. Iris was a bit intrigued when the machine spoke about a master. Having a maid sounded like a dream come true. No more running boring errands or doing her own laundry.

She shook the thought away when the machine spoke again. She stated that she wouldn't be taking orders from her or Castro. She was still willing to help which Iris was happy about.

Suddenly Iris felt heat from behind her. Instinctively she dived into Castro, tackling him out the way of as a torrent of fire collided with the machine spirit. She managed to block it then fired something that exploded the attacker.

Iris let out another impressed whistle as she observed the gore. "Glad that wasn't me." She then turned to the machine. "Mizuki is your name right? I have some questions for you but for now let's find Castor Riencrat."

SharkBark SharkBark Kumii Kumii

Castor noticed her wince and felt sorry for her. He wished there was another, less painful option. But this would be good for her in the long run. After he had spoken, he started surveying his work. It was shotty work at best, but it was all he could do. If he had had the right materials to make a proper poultice plus an actual bandage, he would've used it. Alas, they were in the middle of a city takeover. He didn't have the luxury of proper supplies right now. Not when people were being hurt, and possibly dying, all over the place as they scrambled to get out of the city. He whisked that thought out of his head and turned to listen to Inari talk. He needed to distract himself from that. Whenever he thought about it, his chest got tight knowing he had been here as a spy.

With what Inari was telling him, it felt like he was getting a private lesson about kitsune. He didn't mind, considering he didn't know much about kitsune. It helped him feel closer to Inari, like he could start understanding her a little bit more with each new piece of information. He let her talk and didn't prompt her for information. He let her tell him what she was comfortable with and stayed quiet as she did so. She wanted to be respectful of her problems and make her feel comfortable and safe around him. He gave Odin a look that basically said don't interrupt. The raven could get incredibly loud, so he wanted to address that. Though, Odin seemed content at his side as Castor gave him a good head scratch while listening.

The fact that Inari didn't retain physical scars was much more important to him than the fire and shadow thing. He didn't even look scared or concerned when they popped up. He'd seen plenty of fire before. Rajeel's fire scared him, but this didn't. Probably because it was coming from Inari who didn't threaten to scorch him like Rajeel did whenever he got pissed off. The shadow was newer, and he didn't like to admit that he was maybe still afraid of the dark, but he didn't end up minding it either. He knew spirits had lots of different powers, and Inari was no exception. She had fire and shadow powers, so what. He acted like it was completely normal and he didn't get why it was such a big deal.

He just liked that he didn't really have anything to worry about with Inari. She said she'd heal up over time, and Castor had no reason to doubt her. He knew the wound wasn't life threatening either which relieved him. She should be fine given some time, that was good. Still, he looked concerned about her. She thought it was her duty to protect everyone and she was probably the strongest out of all of them. Castor was weak and a coward, he could barely even fight or hurt anyone. And Vivi was a human child. Not that humans couldn't handle themselves, but she seemed to lack knowledge on fighting and was a little meek like himself, relying on Inari to help her when in trouble and calm her down. Still, she shouldn't have to have the burden all on her own.

"That sounds like a lot to handle... But I know you're strong! You can do it!" He tried to cheer her on, the best he could do. Then he thought of an idea. "Hey, why don't you take a nap while we're here if you're tired. We stopped here to rest and get our bearings, right? Well, that means everyone should be resting. Even the strong, invincible Inari needs some rest from time to time." He joked with a little grin. "But really, we can be strong and protect you while you're sleeping. Right, Vivi? The two of us can handle that." He turned to her and hoped she'd say yes without hesitation. He knew people could be stubborn like that, especially when they were convinced they had a duty to protect everyone as the oldest and strongest. He wanted to share the weight of that burden. Take it momentarily so Inari could rest up.

Odin gave an angry caw and he visibly jumped. "Just the two of you, eh?" The raven had been so quiet he hadn't expected it. But Odin did have a point.

"Sorry, the three of us can handle it. See, there's even more people here to keep watch and protect everyone. You don't need to worry about it."

Castro lets out an "Oomph" as Iris tackles him to the ground, successfully saving him from a large flame attack. His head slams into the ground, worsening the pain he had already had from falling off of the building.

"Fuck!" he yelled out in pain. He clutches the back of his head again and shuts his eyes. "What was that for?"

Castro opened his eyes just in time to see Mizuki explode their attacker. Blood and flesh flew everywhere. Iris had saved him once again. Now she was in the lead. Castro saved her from hitting the ground while Iris saved him from the two men, and now, the flames.

"Wow..I'm glad we came to an agreement, Mizuki." He says, secretly terrified. "I do not want what he got.."

Castro groggily picks himself up.

"So..the people constantly trying to kill us, might be a problem. Oh, and we can't forget about the entire WAR."

Kumii Kumii DarknessSama17 DarknessSama17

Chapter 4: Unbending Wills
With the Humans' Capitol city successfully taken by Kishi, Rex and the survivng humans and spirits, run and setup a refugee camp deep within the Heartfold Forrest. Kishi, meanwhile, surveys his victory, ordering his men to secure the city's treasury.

Inari, Vivi and KishiCurrent State: Partial Kitsune State

Inari's ears flicked at Castor idea, with the city now fully emptied and what humans or spirits were unfortunately left behind being picked off, Inari looked around, "Are-" She cut herself off, "I suppose it couldn't hurt to take a quick nap." Vivi, on the other looked at Castor surprise, "Me?! Sorry, Castor but what do you expect me to do?" Vivi puffed her cheeks out and crossed her arms as if pouting, "I can't fight." By this time, Inari had fallen asleep already and Vivi sighed, "Fine, I suppose I don't have any other choice."

Meanwhile...
Kishi was in his dragon form, flying overhead the city, watching his men search every building and the streets for stray humans or spirits. While flying, he noticed someone, a very special someone who a certain greedy man was looking for, "How interesting, so that's where you are, Castor..." Kishi turned and flew toward them, taking his Partial dragonkin form just before landing.

And now...
Inari's ear flicked with the noise, having gotten only about a 15 minute nap, "Wha- who the-" Inari had her eyes half open, she saw a figure. She rubbed her eyes and it became clearer, it was Kishi. Her eyes widened and she popped up, "What are you doing here?"

Kishi waved his hand dismissively, "Relax, love." He then pointed at Castor, "I'm here for him. His father wants him back home." Inari glanced at Castor, "I'm sure you know his father? Josiah Reincrat?" Inari's head turned to looked Kishi with surprised, "What? You're lying!"

Kishi smiled, "Come on, Inari, would I lie? About this? Would I really waste my time with rabble like you if it wasn't the truth?" Inari looked down momentarily, he had a point, what reason would he have to suddenly approach them like that? Inari stood in shock, she made friends with the one person who funded the Order before Kishi? A sly smirk formed on Kishi's face, "Now then, come, Castor. Your father is very angry with you for hanging out wi-" Inari stood between Kishi and Castor, "What are you doing, Inari?"

Inari was looking down, "I don't care." Kishi tilted his head slightly, "What do you mean?" Inari looked up at Kishi, "I don't care who he's with..." Inari growled at Kishi and bared her fangs at him, "I won't let you take him away!" Kishi took a step back in surprise at the ferocity in Inari's now beast like eyes but smiled, "Oh please, darling. The Kitsune are supposed to have sworn neutrality. So why are you intervening in this? This is an Order matter. So step aside. I don't wanna have to kill a Kitsune." Inari stood firm however, not saying a single word. Kishi looked at her in annoyance then Vivi also got up and began protesting against Kishi as well, "You-you can't take Castor from us. He's our friend!" Kishi growled at the human girl, "Shut up! Do not speak to me as an equal or I will kill you!" Vivi whimpered a bit and ran back to Castor and hid behind him. Kishi put a hand on his face and sighed, "What a hassle. Fine. I'll just kill Inari instead."

With that, Kishi rushed at Inari and threw a kick at her, however Inari dodged it. Inari bounced back and formed fiery claws in both hands and swung at Kishi with multiple swipes in a combo-like manner, Kishi managed to dodge them all. It was clear though, that was was holding back. Kishi saw the look in Inari's eyes and he smiled, it's been a while since he's seen it, Kishi jumped back to get some distance between them, "I must say Inari, it's been 200 years since we last fought. Granted you were in your full Kitsune state, but it's still hella fun to see you in action once more." Inari's look was of pure anger towards Kishi, "Yeah?" Inari cracked a smile back, "If we weren't in the city or close to the people I love, I'd show you it again." Kishi laughed, "If I recall correctly, I won that fight, did I not?" Inari growled, "Shut up. You pushed me into that form." Inari got angrier, "YOU made me kill my parents! YOU KNEW I couldn't control myself in that state!" Kishi laughed again, "I knew that, yes. My father ordered your village destroyed. I knew if I went up against an entire Kitsune village by myself, I wouldn't get anywhere close to it. So I did the next best thing, made one of their own destroy it."

Inari's mind flashed to 200 years ago, with her crying next to the corpses of her parents in a burning village, "It's a shame that half of them escaped though, I really would've liked to finish you guys off before this war." Kishi shrugged, "Oh well. Anyways, I didn't get what I wanted but I learned something new." Kishi waved at the trio, "Ciao." He took his dragon form and flew off towards the tower. Inari watched him fly off, she was heavily panting but glad she didn't have to fight anymore. She looked like she was about to fall over, "Are you okay, Castor...?"

Color Legend to identify who's speaking easier;
Kishi talks in this color.
Inari talks in this color.

MizukiLocation: ???
Interactions: SharkBark SharkBark DarknessSama17 DarknessSama17

Mizuki stood up from her bow, "I would imagine that could be a problem." Mizuki's eye flashed red as she looked up and saw a big old heat blob, this one seemed to be in the shape of a dragon. She jumped up to a roof and saw where the Dragon landed and it turned into a Dragonkin upon landed, "Interesting.." Mizuki's eye flashed blue and focused her normal vision and it began to act a telescope. She saw four figures, one fox-like, one little human girl, one scared elf/demon creature and a dragonkin, "Hmm?" She refocused on the Elf/Demon, "A hybrid?" He had pointed ears, was this the creature they were looking for? Mizuki created three Shadow Puppets, she knelt down and ran her hand along one, "Do me a favor, my lovelies, go check that commotion out for me, please? I want to make sure it's the pointy eared creature these guys are looking for." The shadow creatures growled and vanished into the shadows and bolted towards the group who was just now three as the Dragonkin had left Mikzuki blew a kiss at her lovely creatures as they bolted off.

Mizuki looked back at Iris and Castro, "I think I might've found your target. I sent some Shadow Puppets to confirm. I suggest we wait here for my friends to get back with confirmation."

Mizuki discovered a new Ability!
"Telescopic Vision - When using her Normal Vision, Mizuki can zoom in and out with her artificial eye as if it were a telescope."

Last edited:
Castor watched with a smile as Inari accepted it without much refusal at all. She started drifting off, but Vivi did have some apprehension. She exclaimed about how she couldn't fight, that she'd be of no use if something happened. That wasn't really the goal he had in mind. He had just wanted to reassure Inari that everything would be fine if she were to sleep. He thought they were relatively safe for now, so hopefully no one would come to get them. He'd probably be safe if they knew he was a Reincrat, since his family was affiliated with all this. They might spare Inari since she was a kitsune, a spirit. Vivi on the other hand... completely human. Maybe the rabbit ears could help disguise her, but the Dragonfist Order was by no means stupid. Maybe he could pass her off as a prisoner if anything... great, now he was getting worried.

He put a finger to his lips and directed it at Vivi. "She's asleep now. This goes for you too, Odie." The raven looked hurt and pulled a wing over his chest to mimic a humanoid putting their hand over their heart in a hurt gesture. "Well, sorry. But you can get loud sometimes." If a raven could pout, Odin sure did and turned his back to Castor. He turned back to Vivi. "You won't have to fight. None of us will. Nothing's going to happen. That was pretty much just to give her mind some ease so she could rest." He informed in a hushed tone, not wanting to wake Inari. "We should still keep watch though." So, Odin took up a position on a much higher roof top to get a good vantage point, Castor watched at the edge of the building just in case, and left Vivi to do whatever she wished. She didn't look too comfortable, and he didn't want to make her anymore nervous, so he and his raven took up most of the watch.

About fifteen minutes later, it was Odin who had seen him first. "Woah, incoming! Incoming!" He warned. Castor turned toward the bird who pointed a wing at the huge figure rushing towards them. "Large bird. No, sharp claws. Maybe... Dragon!" They both said dragon in unison as Castor saw the shape. More like dragonkin as he saw the creature shift form into a man. And what was probably worse, he was the same guy who had declared war and started all of this. The leader of the Order, Kishi Dragonfist.

He stood up while being slightly dazed. Odin came down from his high perch and flew to his shoulder. He arched his back and got ready to fly straight for the intruder and attack, but Castor shot him a look that he caught. He stopped, but Castor was still afraid of him attacking. A raven was no match for a dragonkin, even if Odin was an impressively fast flyer. He went a little closer, concerned about Inari who was probably still injured. If a fight broke out, she'd have to fight to protect them. This was what he had feared.

To his surprise, Inari regarded Kishi as if she knew him. He moved closer, away from the edge to get a better view of what exactly was going on. Inari seemed extremely angry, but Kishi was calmer, simply stating that he was here for Castor. Wait... the leader of Dragonfist Order was here for him?! His mind whirled and he took a step backwards as fear gripped over him. What did Kishi want with him? What's more, his father was looking for him. "Sorry Castor. I should've told you sooner. I was just distracted by those two." Odin gave a whisper like caw.

"Told me what exactly?" He murmured out but he didn't even need to know the answer from the raven who guiltily looked away. Odin had originally been stuck in that cage per Rajeel's instructions. He hadn't questioned much before, considering his mind was also on other things, but Odin shouldn't have been out. Not unless someone sent him out. Sent him to look for Castor.

His eyes widened when Kishi let his father's name slip. No way. Not now. Not when he had just made some actually nice friends. They would hate him now. His vision grew blurry from his eyes watering, and he bawled his hands into fists out of frustration. He felt like yelling and crying at the same time. Was that even possible? If it was, that's how he felt. He was outed, right in front of the both of them. His father was infamous for being a cruel person, for funding the Order and not giving a damn about humans, more rather wanting to see them rot in hell than anything else. They'd surely view him in the same light as his father. He knew everyone would hate him for it. That's how it was always going to go. Why his father told him it was crucial not to let it slip, because the people of Ironshire would surely hate him. His two new friends would be no different.

Castor resigned himself to his fate, knowing it had only been inevitable. The only person who had ever seen him for himself whilst knowing the truth was his mother who had raised him to be a kind boy. Kishi told him to come with and he did as he was told. He was no match for authority figures after all. He took a step and then another and listened as Kishi told him his father was angry with him. Had he figured out he'd avoided coming back even when hearing the people shouting for him? He didn't like to see his father angry. Rajeel was immature compared to the torture his father could bring him when incredibly angry. He stopped for a second, scared by that. He'd accepted Inari and Vivi hating him. He'd rather just leave before having to see the disgusted looks that would be plastered on their faces. But he really didn't want to go home with his father angry. He gulped and stood there in his fear, long enough for Inari to step between the two and defend him.

He looked up once Inari said she didn't care. His face had an expression of pure shock. W-what? Why was she... defending him? He looked up at her as she exclaimed she wouldn't let him be taken away. A tear traced his face. He couldn't hold it in. Odin nuzzled his face to give him some comfort, acting as basically his emotional support raven. Vivi even piped up for him, though she shrunk back when Kishi growled out a response at her and he couldn't blame her. Castor winced as well when he did that and he allowed Vivi to grip onto him, though he couldn't provide her any comfort. He was too scared, shocked, and emotionally battered to provide any comfort to the human girl.

Then, the fighting started, and all Castor could do was watch. He couldn't speak, he couldn't help. He was just frozen in a moment of time. Frozen in the notion that Inari and Vivi showed they still cared about him, even knowing he was a Reincrat. Some conversation started between them, but his mind couldn't process literally anything right now. Angry spouts about full kitsune states, a village, kitsune, and killings. That was most of the stuff he heard. With the other, it was like he hadn't even been there to listen. He hands were no longer fists, just shaking hands as Kishi transformed once more and left the scene. Had he just lost interest? No, it was Inari defending him. He completely got it in his head that Inari was the reason Kishi had dropped the whole thing. He'd done his damage and left without Castor. All because Inari and Vivi had stood up to defend him. It was more than the little hybrid could dream of.

Castor looked towards her as she asked if he was ok and could only manage a shaky nod. "A-are you.." The sentence failed with his voice getting shrill at ending, making it almost sound like a question. He was trying to ask if she was ok, but the words would not come out. He was pale and felt like he was going to throw up. This time for sure. He held a hand over his mouth and only lowered it when he was sure he wouldn't. 'Get it together, Castor. Get it together.' He thought. Even so, he couldn't look at the both of them. His eyes were plastered tight to the ground. "Do you... do you hate me now?" He said, his left hand gripping his right arm tight. "Because.. I lied. Because... because I'm a Reincrat. Do you.. n-not want to be friends anymore? Are you going to leave?" He was pretty much choking on the words. But, he had to get them out, practically forcing himself to.

Daniel rode along on his horse. His division had been sent out to help with the evacuees. But, most importantly, to get Rex Vermillion to safety. To intercept him as he was surely evacuating and help him along to a safer location via horseback. Most of them had civilians on their backs as they headed towards a safer location. He had only been there for a second, but the destruction was nauseating. What was worse, there was so much blood stench that his orc half was going crazy. He had this desire to feast upon the blood, to become stronger because of it. His father said that was normal, considering he had inherited that ability from him. He had been trained to resist the urges, but it was basically like drugs for him. Enticing him in while not letting him go. He felt better as they got deeper and deeper into the Heartfold forest. He could smell the blood from the victims of the attack, some of them wounded, but it wasn't on a scale to make him crazy for it like in Ironshire. It was massive scale blood that he couldn't handle well, and that was the case in Ironshire.

Even so, he had a duty to uphold. Get the civilians and Rex Vermillion to a refugee base camp that was being setup to help the injured and guide the escaped citizens of Ironshire.

"Agreed," Iris said nodding. Now that the Ironshire was overrun by human hating spirits, she and and Castro were sitting ducks.

Iris was going to suggest they duck into a building to reduce the chance of any more distractions when Mizuki leaped onto a building. She said something about spotting their target and waiting for her shadow puppets to return.

"Yeah I'm not waiting out in to open." She said looking for a place to hide before pointing to an building that looked abandoned. "There."

She made her way over to it but stopped to looked back at Mizuki and Castro. "You guys coming or what?"

Inari and ViviCurrent State: Partial Kitsune State

Inari looked at Castor as he struggled to speak, he looked to be crying. Inari said nothing and knelt down before Castor, putting her hands on his cheek for a moment before wiping away his tears with her fingers, her touch was gentle. She looked at Vivi who was also scared and patted her head, smiling at them. She returned her gaze to Castor, "No more crying, okay? Either of you." She looked between the two, "No, Castor, We don't hate you. I'll admit, I was a little shocked that you were the son of Josiah but..." Inari's voice was soft, "I said I had people I loved to protect, didn't I?" She gave Castor a big smile then pulled him in for an embrace, Vivi got a piece of the hugging action as well.

Mizuki's shadow creatures lurked in the shadows near the trio. After hearing the name 'Castor', they vanished once more having gotten all the information they needed. Inari's ears reacted accordingly, as if she heard something and attempted to sneak a look around without alerted Castor, if at all possible.

MizukiLocation: Abandoned Building

Mizuki looked at Iris and nodded, "Sure." She hopped down and entered the building. Mizkuki's eye flashed red as she scanned the area with thermal vision, but saw nothing aside from Iris, "Building appears to be clear of other heat signatures." That said, she decided to investigate further. She lifted up a blanket covering a desk and revealed a little girl, Mizuki tilted her head, "Well hello there, little one. Are you lost?" The little girl simply looked at Mizuki, she was quite clearly afraid to speak, "Where are your parents?" She asked, but again the girl said nothing, frozen with fear. Mizuki took a moment to think, "Hey, what's your name." She tried one more time.

The girl responded this time, "Anna." She said in a shaky voice. Mizuki gave a smile, "Hello Anna, my name is Mizuki. Do you wanna come out, I have other friends here who would love to see you." She said, referring to Castro and Iris, Mizuki assumed the girl would feel better in the company of humans. The girl hesitated but then nodded. She grabbed Mizuki's hand with both of her hands kind of tightly and slowly emerged from the desk. Mizuki held the girls hand, "I found this one hiding out here. Probably got seperated from her parents. What would you propose we do?" She asked Iris and Castro.

Castor looked ashamed of himself, simply because he was a Reincrat. He couldn't bear himself to look at Inari. Why wasn't she saying anything? Was she too disgusted and angry at him to even speak to him? His gaze shifted from the ground and away from Inari as she knelt down in front of him. His own guilt was weighing him down. Also, the fact that he knew deep down inside that no one could care for him once knowing what family he came from. It was like he was drowning in that sorrow, unable to pull himself up over the waves. And he was resigned to his fate of drowning. He wasn't strong enough; he couldn't escape it and there was no running away now.

But her gentle touch made him want to cry more. She began to wipe his cheeks of stray tears and then turned towards Vivi to give her some comfort as well. At this point, he had to look. Shame was plastered on his face, with a look of deep worry and sorrow with mixed in traces of surprise and maybe a little joy. Inari... her face. She didn't look mad or anything. She had a soft and gentle look. A small flicker of hope flutter in his chest. It grew in size when Inari went on to speak about how they didn't hate him. She obviously knew who his father was, since she did say she was surprised, but she looked past that. She didn't define him by the cruel things his father and family did. He was being given the chance to show his true colors purely on the merit of his actions alone. And that was the best thing ever for him.

He couldn't help another tear come down his cheek when Inari talked about having people she loved to protect. Vivi was obviously one of them... and she was saying he was another one. She... wanted to protect him. He was no different than Vivi to her. The same as the innocent little human girl beside him. He couldn't help his vision getting blurry and even more tears strayed from his eyes. He looked at her big smile, and gave a soft, joyful one in return with tears coming from his eyes. He was pulled in for the hug and sniffled. His arms wrapped around her, and his hands clenched her clothes. She had no idea how much hearing that meant to him. Especially now, when he had so much to deal with while living with his father's side of the family. Odin joined in once Vivi did, not wanting to be left out. He tried to stretch his wings around their heads in his own little hug, but it wasn't effective, and it was more like at least a part of one wing rested on each of their heads. It was his own little way of doing a group hug.

"T-thank you." He murmured out through a sniffling mess of tears. He knew Inari said no more crying, but he was a cry baby. It was hard for him to even stop crying. Though, he wiped his eyes which were now red from his crying fit. He was determined to not cry so much, because of what Inari said. Despite his crying, he could feel an immense warmth inside. It was like a huge weight had been lifted off his back from the support he had now. They'd accepted him, despite his lineage. He couldn't be anymore happy in this moment.

He noticed Inari's ears, standing up as if alert and flicking around to look for sounds. He gave one last tight squeeze and let go, even if he felt like he wanted to hold onto that hug forever. "I-Is something... wrong." He seemed to be having trouble getting out his sentences, still choked up and stuttering. Once he calmed down, he should be better. He just hated how much effort he had to put into getting out a mere word.

Inari gave a tight squeeze back to Castor when he did it then let go. Inari looked surprised when Castor asked if something was wrong, "Eh?!" Inari nervously chuckled, "N-No." Though she knew Castor knew otherwise, "Y-Yeah, I thought I heard something bolt away but I... don't see anything." Inari failed at keeping her alertness hidden for the time being. She had a sinking feeling that someone wanted to know their location but she couldn't track down exactly where the sound came from despite her highly sensitive hearing. "Maybe it was nothing..." She said with an unsure tone.

Vivi looked at the scared Castor, "You should stop being a scaredy-cat." She teased, "Big sis doesn't like scaredy-cats." Inari's ears perked up and she quickly turned to Vivi and rubbed her cheeks in a playful yet stern manner, "You shut up, you brat!" Vivi waved her arms, "Stop it! Owwww, that hurts, big sis!" She cried out in a playful tone. She let go of Vivi, "Now apologize to Castor."

Vivi looked at Castor, "Sorry..." Vivi put a finger on her cheek, "That big sis is such a spoilsport!" Inari groaned, "Vivi!" She gave Vivi a little flick on the forehead. Vivi let out a tiny but cute yelp as she held her forehead, "Owww..."

"Nah, I'm going to go with Mizuki, Iris." Castro responds. "Once her friends get back, I'm going straight to Castor."

Castro entered the building with Mizuki. He put his guard up, his hand being held tightly on his sword. He let out a sigh when Mizuki said she didn't detect any other heat signatures. That means Castro can take a break from fighting. Thank god. He has so many injuries, he's surprised he can even stand. Mizuki suddenly stops.

"M-Mizuki..what's wrong?"

Castro watches as she walks over to a sheet covering a desk and lifts the cover. Underneath it is a little girl. Mizuki asked the girl about her parents and if she's lost. The girl doesn't respond. Mizuki asks the girl her name and this time, she responded that her name was Anna. Mizuki tells the girl about Iris and Castro then takes the little girl's hand and walks her out.

Castro was stunned. He had never seen a spirit -- or machine -- show this much compassion. Mizuki gave off a mother-like aura, making anyone feel comfortable around her. If only she had been there when Castro was a child. Come to think of it, this kid is just like Castro. A child having to live through a war, countless people dying in front of them.

"I think we should help her find her parents." Castro says. "And then find Castor and Vinyl.

Kumii Kumii DarknessSama17 DarknessSama17 starstucker starstucker

Inari lied at first, maybe to protect him and Vivi and make them feel safer. I didn't know, but her ears had looked alert to the signs of danger, and he was able to pick up on the nervous hints of her voice. "Where? Where's the danger?" Odin asked as if Inari could even understand him.

"Odin." He whispered in a stern but hushed voice. It got him to shut up, but he flew off a little way to be a look out. He wanted to help too, in whatever way he could.

Inari continued, saying she thought she heard something bolting away. She said she couldn't see anything, and it made Castor's eyes dart around nervously. Now he was no better than his raven pal, trying to be a look out for the signs of danger. Inari said it was probably nothing, but Castor's emotions were still high and wild. His tail flicked around nervously and was slightly puffed up from all the events leading till now. Vivi started teasing him about being a scaredy cat. She said Inari didn't like scaredy cats and for a horrible second, he actually believed her. He was way too gullible. "I-I'm not a s-scaredy.. cat!" He exclaimed out through stutters. Inari quickly jumped in to resolve things and he realized with a sigh that Vivi had been joking. Castor couldn't joke right now, he was too tensed up. But, he tried to relax himself. They didn't care he was a Reincrat. They were good people. He had to keep reminding himself that.

He gave a relieved grin as he watched Inari playfully reprimand Vivi. They weren't fighting, which was good to see a relationship like that. Just playful tones and actions. Inari sent Vivi to apologize to him and his fur started relaxing. He was beginning to become more comfortable, now that things were going back to playful jokes like when they first met. Vivi apologized to him, well not really. She apologized on Inari's behalf for being a spoilsport. He couldn't help the little snort and laugh that came out as Inari flicked Vivi. "Are- are you going to be the next one needing my t-treatments?" He shot back towards Vivi in a playful manner, though the stuttering was not helping him. He could joke too. He wanted to join in as well.

Daniel had gotten to the base camp in the Heartfold forest. His comrades helped their civilian rescues off the horses and directed them towards treatment and supplies. Their legion was in shambles, scattered from everyone going different ways to help in Ironshire. Though, horseback was difficult in a bustling city, especially with fire, crumbling buildings, and people running every which way to evacuate. He'd barely made it out with the attacks starting and the smell of blood. He was glad to be so away from the site, but he knew he'd be going back towards it.

"The captain's here!" The group's highest-ranking officer yelled towards them. He'd taken up position as their leader with being a high rank. Daniel was an ordinary soldier while he was of higher prestige. He was a little envious of the man, but listened nonetheless. "We'll get our orders from him. Stay as a group." The cavalry squad listened and continued on through the camp. They got off their horses and tied them to a post where a drinking station for the horses had been set up. Though, there was barely anything in the trough due to rations being served to the humans and spirits, so the horses whinnied angrily and fought for the drops they could get. It pained Daniel's heart to see them like that, but he continued on to their captain.

The man stood in front of them, and the whole group saluted. "Good." Their captain started. "I won't spare any time on pleasantries. Not while all of this is going on." He gestured towards the panicked civilians. "Your group should go out and help the citizens of Ironshire get to this here camp. I've received word that Rex Vermillion is helping guide the citizens. I'd like about half of your group to stick close to him, offer him some protection if he insists on helping them rather than coming straight here. I do admire him for that, but it could become troublesome if those infernal spirits learn about this and decide to try and take him out. The rest of the group should carry citizens here on horseback. The critically injured, the sick, and children only for now. You are all faster on horseback; you'll be able to get here fast enough to allow the forces here to aid them. Well, you have you're orders. Go!" And with that, the group rushed off to grab their horses. They pulled two males away who were just about to fight each for the water they could get. The horses whinnied as they were pulled off and reprimanded by their riders. Daniel got his own horse and pulled himself onto the saddle. One word from their leading officer, and the group spurred their horses and galloped through the woods. They were going fast, and would soon enough intercept the citizens, and maybe even Rex Vermillion, to help out with the escape efforts.

Kumii Kumii

Vivi looked at Castor and nodded slightly. Inari sighed, "Oh you drama queen." She smiled, Inari could just about die at this point though. Any more fights and she just might actually do just that. Vivi took a seat next to Castor, "She's fond of you, you know." Inari said looking at them, "Why wouldn't she be? Aside from me, you're the only other friend she has." Inari sat down near them as well, if only to take a rest from the otherwise hectic day they've had. She had a feeling it was only going to get worse though.

MizukiLocation: Abandoned Building

Mizuki looked at the girl, who looked back up at Mizuki, "We'll help you find your parents, okay?" The little girl gave a weak smile and nodded slightly. Just as she said that, Mizuki's three shadow creatures appeared in front of her, the girl got frightened a bit but Mizuki leaned down to her, "Hey, It's okay, Anna. These are my friends, they won't hurt you." Mizuki smiled, "Wanna say hi to them?" The girl shook her head and hid behind Mizuki, "That's okay then." She turned to face her creatures and let Anna hid behind her, "So, find anything out?" She asked her puppets.

"The target's name was confirmed as 'Castor'. Matches name that master is looking for." They spoke in a deep, grumbly voice that was barely recognizable. After saying that, they vanished completely as Mizuki no further use for them. She turned to iris and Castro, "Castor, that was the name of the boy they heard. Is that your target?" She asked.

RexLocation: Ironshire Outskirts
Interactions: None
Mentions: AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf

Rex heard the gallop of horses, "Hmm, seems the captains are worried about me..." CASTS appeared from the bauble, "Reply: You are the Leader of the Order." Rex chuckled, "That I am, though, we lost Ironshire. We're only hiding in the Forest cause the Forest Guardian is a sworn neutral party and that she's allowed it."

CASTS went back into the bauble, "Inquiry: Who is the Forest Guardian." Rex sighed, not wanting to answer, "Lakshimi Dragonfist. She goes by another name though..." Rex continued waving citizens in the direction of the camp, "Titania, Queen of the Fairies. Mother of Kishi Dragonfist. Wife of Ryuuni Dragonfist." If CASTS had a shocked face, he's be using it now, "Error: Unable to process." CASTS cleared his 'mind', "Inquiry: Why is Lakshimi neutral now?" Rex looked at CASTS, "Well, from what I hear, she fully took on her duties as Queen of the Fairies which, in turn, sealed her away to this Forest. She is unable to harm anything within the Forest and she cannot leave the Forest." Rex continued, "This is a true Neutrality zone for us. We have the protection of the Forest." Rex continued waving citizens by.

Castor grinned as Vivi gave a sad nod and Inari soon called her a drama queen. He gave a small chuckle as things were lightening up, it becoming more like a hang out session between three good friends despite Castor only knowing the two for less than a day. Castor sat down, with Vivi following shortly afterwards. He was incredibly exhausted, even though he hadn't fought, nor had been hurt. He was perfectly fine physically. That didn't stop his mind from being exhausted.

His gaze shifted towards Inari with a small flinch when she began speaking again. He smiled, hearing that Vivi was fond of him. "I'm fond of you guys too." He said with a bright expression. He paused for a second and looked away. He wasn't sure about talking about this. He'd still like to skirt around the fact that he was a Reincrat. Still, Inari had been open with him, revealed stuff about kitsune. Vivi had too, when they first met and played twenty questions. He supposed if they could be open, he should as well. Besides, it'd feel good to get some of this stuff off his chest. Especially since there was a lot of things he'd like to get out of but couldn't. It'd reduce the number of stuff he'd worry about if he could talk about it.

"To be honest, I wasn't sure if you guys would like me after... well, y'know." His hand was shaking as he spoke, and he clenched his wrist with the other hand in an attempt to stop it. Deep breaths, like his mother had taught him, to get rid of that anxiety. "Being a Reincrat.. well, it's not something people like about you. When it gets revealed, its usually all people can see of me. That I'm a Reincrat. That I'm like that part of my family. They don't usually give me a chance after that." His tone was a little sad, but it shifted to being happy. "That's why I felt so relieved when you guys actually gave me that chance, for a change. It feels... I don't know. Freeing, I guess. If that makes any sense at all." He gave a nervous little chuckle, as if he knew none of what he was saying would make sense to them. He wasn't too self confident in his speech.

Daniel pounded on with his horse. The galloping echoed throughout the woods. Soon enough, they were seeing citizens and halted their steeds who sent dirt skidding. They looked shocked and scared, stumbling around while reciting the directions from the leader of the Phoenix Order. There was a group of them, a big one. They ran towards the group of cavalry soldiers, identifying them as Pheonix Order members. "Blood..." He murmured as he looked straight towards a woman soldiering on with a newborn tucked into her. She had a limp, her right leg having a deep gash. Another woman helped her along while holding the hands of another child. They could've been their children, or maybe orphans, Daniel couldn't tell. He just knew he hated the sight.

Their leader turned his head towards him and followed his gaze. "Brown." Christopher, their acting leader, called out the last name of a member of their group. That member rode up beside Christopher on horseback, butting Daniel out of the way and almost sending his horse barreling into one of the civilians. The human rider had a cruel sneer on his face. Daniel's hold on his reins grew tighter as he bit back a response to the act. He was getting used to being treated that way. His horse looked skittish, so he focused on petting the horse in gentle waves and softly murmuring to him. Meanwhile, Christopher pointed to the injured woman. "I want you to take her on horseback as you guide this group. Make sure to get them all to camp, leaving no one behind.." He trailed off in thought. "Emery. You as well. Take up the rear and protect the group in case something happens. You make sure no one trails off or gets left behind. Fit someone on your back as well, sick, injured or a child if there is no one else here in critical condition. I'll assume you both have memorized the way back. Don't fail." Christopher started marching on in a trot, then stopped to speak again. "Oh, and Brown. You can stay at camp and help out there. No need to rejoin us." With that, Christopher started marching on. The guy with the last name Brown looked incredibly irritated and glared at both Christopher and Daniel. What did he do to warrant that? He then got an idea. Had Christopher done that because that man had pushed Daniel? The group's leader hadn't let on anything and looked impartial, but that was the only explanation. Plus, Christopher let Daniel take the position in the front a little behind him with no opposition. Could it really be? He shook the thought as they went on.

They saw even more civilians and a point where they were crowding. A man in a red get-up was pointing out things and talking to the civilians and they all seemed to listen. A robot creature floated at his side. Was that a spirit? Maybe. He had no room to judge given his own lineage. But Christopher seemed to think it was important, so he increased his speed. Daniel followed his lead and then the rest of the group as well, all being careful of the civilians as they did. So, the group of cavalry soldiers slowed to a stop in front of Rex Vermillion, the half orc along with them. "Sir!" Christopher exclaimed and gave a bright-eyed salute, the other soldiers following. Daniel was slower but realized and did so as well, frantically. "We were sent to help. We were entrusted by our captain to secure your safety while out here. Half of these soldiers can help guide the civilians and ride some on horseback to the camp. The rest of us were ordered to stay at your side and provide assistance." He informed Rex with Daniel watching in awe.

Inari listened as Castor spilt his whole deal to them, well most of it. Vivi sat and swung her leg gently as Inari spoke up when he finished, "Why should your lineage determine who can and can't be your friend?" Inari looked to sky, which was orange since it was dusk, "If those people who found out didn't give you a second chance, then they're idiots." She glanced over to Castor and she giggled softly, "Though, who am I to talk. I destroyed my village 200 years ago. I'm hated by my fellow Kitsune." She gave Castor a tiny wink, "The day I shun someone for lying about their past is the day I should roll over and die."

Vivi leaned her head on Castor's shoulder and slowly started to fall asleep, "Besides, that nature power you got, it can be strong one day." She said in a serious tone, "Stronger then me even. Ever heard of the legend of Titania? A Guardian Spirit said to have power to rival the gods? She used nature power, just like you."

Rex looked at the men who had approached him, "Captains..?" then he sighed, "I'm not incompetent, I can very well handle myself, boys." The bauble hovering over Rex's left should glowed faintly as it spoke, "Inquiry: Who is the boy with the stars in his eyes?" CASTS directed its question at Daniel so appeared to be just staring with a starstruck look, Rex glanced at Daniel, "I know I'm beautiful but you don't have to stare, my boy." He joked.

Castor shrugged when Inari asked her rhetorical question. He didn't know the answer. His father told him the only friends he could have had to be of prestige as high as them. But it's not like his father jumped to introduce him to anyone. Josiah would rather have his illegitimate son hidden from the world than show him out just for the purpose of getting the kid of few friends. Castor was to be a pawn while staying in the shadows. He didn't know if that was better or worse. He was usually by himself considering he was supposed to be a relative secret. That had some pros, like not being bothered by stuffy rich kids, but it made him feel more alone than ever. He knew his father was cruel, but he found himself kind of wanting to prove himself so his own father would give him the time of day. It was stupid, since he was horrible, but that's just how he felt. He just wanted a parent and it felt like he was parentless. More than anything, he wished to go back to his mother.

He followed Inari's gaze, trying not to think about the sad stuff. It was becoming dusk. He surprisingly knew his daylight times well. That mostly came from knowing at which time a day plants thrived. Did you know that there were some plants out there that only bloomed at night? Well, Castor sure did. Another one of his useless plant facts that he tended to recite whenever he was seriously nervous and not too shackled by fear. Though, right now he was neither. Just incredibly happy. Even more happy when Inari called the people who shunned him for being a Reincrat idiots. He was glad she felt that way. At least someone thought that way of thinking was stupid.

Then, she giggled and talked about her destroying her village. He winced. She was 200 years old! Maybe older! 'No, shut up, Castor.' He thought. That's not what he winced about. The destroying her village part. That seemed like a sad and painful thing for her, on accounts of what happened before. He'd heard bits and pieces of the conversation. He really didn't want to pry and make her hurt more. She had been so nice to him, after all. He should just leave it. Wait for her to open up if she wanted to. It wasn't his place to say something, especially when he hadn't experienced the same thing.

Castor shifted to allow Vivi a more comfortable resting place. He didn't mind her head on his shoulder as she drifted off. He had a soft smile on his face from the both of them. He looked up when Inari mentioned his affinity with plants. He hadn't mentioned that. Maybe she'd seen him use it when he had a couple times. He had been way too overwhelmed to notice any of that. Whatever. But, if there's one thing he disagreed with Inari it would be about his magic. It wasn't strong at all, and he'd been told that by his family. His father had been disappointed he didn't take after him in the power department and Rajeel diminished him by telling him he'd never be strong with his kind of magic. There was no way he could be powerful with a couple of leaves. And there was no way he could be stronger than Inari. He really didn't have much self confidence.

Then Inari mentioned something about a woman named Titania. He knew of the name. His mother used to tell him all about different legends as bed time stories, though she made sure to read him good ones so his fear of the dark wouldn't haunt him too much at night. "I think I know. Wasn't she like a fairy or something? Guardian of plants.. no the woods. It makes sense that she used magic revolving around nature. But, I'm not like her. I'm weak. My power doesn't rival the gods. I'm more like the guardian of houseplants than anything." He half-heartedly joked.

"W-we know that Sir." Christopher started, "But with all the-" He was cut off when the little bauble seemingly spoke. Well, it glowed, and a synthetic voice rang out. Something about a boy with stars in his eyes. Who could this thing be talking about? Everyone's attention shifted to Daniel as Rex's gaze did. What? He looked around, a little shocked. Why had everyone started staring at him?

Rex made his joke and Daniel's green face instantly flushed red. "O-oh, I'm sorry Sir!" His voice went up a couple octaves and he did a salute which faltered when a couple of the group's members started snickering. Christopher made his horse slam a hoof to the ground and the cadets went deadly silent. Daniel was impressed by that move, maybe a little more than he was by the actual Rex Vermillion. Well, it was a horse performing a trick, of course the horse enthusiast would love it. He shook the thought, deeming it rude while in front of the Order's leader. "I just.. I haven't ever seen you in person before so..." He trailed off, thinking it was stupid. He just never thought he'd be in the presence of the higher ranking members of the Phoenix Order considering he was doomed to be a low ranking soldier with the amount of bias surrounding him. Trying to explain himself was pretty pointless, so the half-orc was determined to stay silent unless spoken to.

Inari and ViviCurrent State: Human State

Inari decided to switch out of her Partial Kitsune form and into her Human Form. Her ears shrinking into her head and human ears popping out anmd her two tails vanishing. Her eyes also returned to their bright green color and her fangs disappeared, all right before Castor's eyes, "Hmm, close. Titania is Queen of the Fairies! And the strongest Spirit said to have ever lived!" Inari smiled gleefully, "Story goes that long ago, Titania was too afraid of her own power so she decided to seal herself away in the Heartfold Forest. Some say that she has a special Scythe able to summon the full power of Titania herself!" her now imaginary tails wagged and her imaginary ears flicked with glee as she continued, "I met her with I was little pup! I got lost in the Forest one time. I was crying for my mom and then suddenly, this beautiful glowing Spirit appeared before me." Inari looked at Castor with bright red cheeks, "She said that she'd help me find my parents." She held up her wrists and showed Castor her big flower adornments on her cuffs, "She even gave me these, these flowers never wilt or die!" Inari looked up at the sky with bright red cheeks and a smile, "I'll never forget that day..."

Inari glanced over to Castor, "Your power can really be something, you only need to work at it a lot then maybe one day you can be King of Fairies!" She half-joked about that.

Rex gazed at the boy as his voice went higher. Rex started to walk towards Daniel but suddenly, CASTS popped out of his bauble, "Obsevration: This boy seems to be flustered!" Rex sighed heavily and swept CASTS aside, "Don't do that, CASTS." Rex tripped on nothing as he said that but then popped up as if nothing happened, "So, who are you then, son?" Rex played off the trip as if it never even occurred.

"Don't worry Anna. It'll all be okay." Castro tells her. He looks back to Mizuki. "Yes. That's him. Castor Reinhart. Where is he?"

Castro looks to Iris.

"C'mon, we're about to get Castor. Then let's head back to Vinyl. Wherever they are."

Castro could only hope that the hypnosis spell would work. If not, maybe the kid would spill without it. But before they could get to the kid, they'd have to get past the fox spirit. Surely Mizuki could deal with that. I mean, she did just blow a man into smithereens in front of them. And in one shot at that. She's definitely a good asset to have on their side.

Castro looked up, the debris was still flying. This war wouldn't be easy to end.

DarknessSama17 DarknessSama17 Kumii Kumii starstucker starstucker

MizukiLocation: Ironshire City Rooftops
Mentions: AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf

Mizuki looked at Castro and sudden urgency in his voice, "Uh, he's over on that building over there." She pointed to a few buildings away, "Uh but what about the girl?" She asked cause it wasn't like she could exactly carry Anna with her. She didn't know enough about her to do that and she seemed too scared to wanna leave, "I kinda don't want to pull her out of her comfort zone if I can help it.." Mizuki felt a tug on her arm, it was Anna. Mizuki leaned down to hear what she had to say, "I... I d-don't mi-mind.." she said in a very soft and tiny voice, "Are you sure, Anna?" To which Anna simply nodded, her eye dimmed a bit, indicating that combat mode was switched off for the time being. She didn't want to scare the girl, she smiled and picked up the girl princess style, "Up we go! Okay now hold on!" Mizuki left the building and hopped up to the roof, she looked back at Castro, "Come on, this way." She departed after saying that as she began to approach Castor and the others. She ended up waiting for Castro and Iris to catch up.

Anna seemed to be giggling after being carried like that which brought a smile to Mizuki's face.

Castor watched in awe as Inari switched into her human form. Her ears and tails gradually giving way. She looked as if she had been born human. It was amazing. He wished he could do that, present himself as human. No, he wished he could switch from one side to the other. Look fully elf, or fully demon. It would get rid of the looks he got sometimes for being a hybrid, and maybe Rajeel would stop calling him a halfbreed if he looked like a demon all the time. At least, maybe his brother wouldn't be the wiser while drunk. And his father probably would accept him more. Sadly, that was not a power he possessed. He was envious of the kitsune for being able to do that.

He tried not to stare too much, but it was surprising to see bright green eyes looking back at him instead of the red ones. So, he'd been close. Well sort of. He listened to the legend like his mom was reciting the story to him. It seemed like something she'd read, given it sounded happy enough. It was weird, but he could imagine his mother sitting in front of him instead of Inari. The whole thing was just nostalgic, brought back good memories, but bittersweet ones as well. The emotion Inari put into every word made her sound like his mother too.

The scythe part was interesting, though he wasn't even sure how to wield a knife much less a scythe. It seemed cool though. But that didn't compare to Inari actually meeting Titania herself. The woman didn't seem to be a legend at all. He had a bright expression, starry eyes with a wide-open bright smile as he listened. If Inari had known him as a little kid, she would've known that's exactly how he looked like as his mother told him these kinds of stories before bed.

To him, this Titania lady sounded kind and motherly. Like mother nature's humanoid form. He took interest in the flowers, of course he did, that never even wilted or died. How was that possible? It was amazing if that's what Titania created herself. Inari sounded like a wistful kid herself. It was safe to say they both had an appreciation for the Queen of the Fairies.

Then Inari tried to invoke confidence in him with saying his power could be great. His cheeks grew a little pink when she spoke about him being the King of the Fairies. "Uh.. I don't know if I could manage that." He gave a nervous chuckle. "I think I'll focus on seeing if I can actually get stronger. But... maybe you're right. Maybe I can get stronger. Maybe I could help out as a secondary, less important Guardian. Really, I'd just like to help out the nature. That'd be pretty cool." He noted with a small laugh, "I'll just have to practice a lot. Hey, I can practice on you guys when you get into fights or when Vivi goes to far." He gave a full hearted laugh at his joke this time.

Daniel looked up to see Rex moving towards him. Had he offended their leader? Was he gonna get demoted? Let's all be fair, a demotion meant being fired. Daniel was still at the lowest ranking for a cavalry soldier. Then, CASTS burst out of the bauble to speak about him being flustered. It only made his green skin more of a reddish hue. He looked startled and stunned for a second but then had to be put into motion as his horse shifted nervously. "Shhh. Its ok buddy. Nothing scary here. Just a little... ah, nothing scary." He didn't want to be rude and assume what CASTS was. Obviously a robot of some kind, but he was still not assuming. He wasn't a full orc, so why should he assume what this thing was. The soft tone and words eased the horse who shook out his head and pitched his ears forward. He sighed, but the trouble wasn't over. Rex had come back up from something after yelling at his pal. Daniel had been too distracted with his horse to notice.

Then, Rex asked who his was and he clenched his teeth. No one reacted well to hearing his full name, but Daniel was too much of a common name to leave it at that. He had to tell Rex his full name. "Me? I-I'm just a normal run of the mill cavalry soldier." Christopher looked towards him, prompting him with a hand to go on. Hopefully Rex hadn't heard of Zhurghed Tusken and his half orc son who had joined the cavalry division. Probably, considering even after all these years his father was still under watch by the Phoenix Order. He'd at least heard of the traitorous orc who had fed the Order information about the Dragonfist Order's plans in the first great war. "I'm Daniel Tusken, Sir." He thought about doing another salute to affirm his affiliations, but he knew that'd look stupid. His mother and father had always taught him to be him unapologetically. His background didn't matter to him, in fact he loved his parents, so no one else got to dictate how he got to feel about it. Still, he had learned fast the treatment he'd get from some of his fellow soldiers. He was just hoping he wouldn't get that same treatment from the Order's leader.

Inari tilted her head, "Huh?" She giggled softly, her cheeks were pink. She closed one eye and stuck out her tongue, "Sure! I have a special unique power that I call Healing Kiss." Inari turned her head to meet eyes with Castor and her tone suddenly got serious, "From the name, I'm sure you can guess but.." she got closer to Castor, "...it's where I lean in and..." she paused for a moment, "...kiss someone..." Inari gave a devious smile before leaning away from Castor, "It heals almost any disease or injury in exchange for some of my own life energy. Basically... If I use it too much... I die."

Inari gave a glance over to Castor too see any reaction he might have before continuing, "So if we do end up fighting and you get injured, I can heal you right up!" She giggled softly but ended up blushing a bit, 'Actually I've never actually used it so just the thought makes me nervous...' she thought to herself, 'Damn! How does Vivi do this teasing thing! It's embarrassing!' Inari took a moment to think then it clicked, 'WAIT! THAT WAS BORDERLINE FLIRTING!!' Her face flushed bright red, she was borderline embarrassed. She turned to Castor and bowed deeply, "S-Sorry! I tried to tease you like Vivi does to me but it... uh..." She didn't wanna have to say it out loud, "S-Sorry!! I-I'm not like that! I wouldn't- I mean you're-" She tripped over her words in an attempt to apologize to Castor while her face was red. Why did she have to say it like that?! Inari looked away and scooted herself away from Castor, 'Why am I like this...' She berated herself in her mind for that.

Rex looked at Daniel even more intensely, almost as if inspecting him. "Daniel... Tusken..." Rex took a moment to think, then he tapped his fist into his palm, "Oh! I remember now." Actually, Rex lied, he didn't remember. "So, what did you guys want again?" CASTS looked at Rex and let out an electronic sounding sigh, "Reply: They are here to protect and give you assistance, Rex." Rex looked at CASTS, "I remember now!" No he doesn't.

CASTS couldn't portray emotion but if he could, he'd be extremely disappointed in Rex right now. CASTS turned to Christopher, "Observation: Christopher brought Calvary division with him. Inquiry: Why?" CASTS looked at Christopher.

"Wha- Hey! CASTS don't ignore me! I'm suppose to ask the questions here!" Rex acted like a child, "Suggestion: Ignore Rex." He said to Christopher.

Castor listened intently to her speak about her ability. He didn't get immediately flustered, thinking they were only conversing about their abilities and the things they could do. They had been on the subject of powers, after all. Besides, he was just an overall dense twelve-year-old. Many things had to be spelled out for him, despite his mind worrying and thinking up a million different possibilities with at least one being the right thing. He was not thinking of the right thing right now.

He started getting a little nervous when Inari came up close to him. She explained the power's purpose and it got him more nervous. He didn't think he'd ever been this close to a girl before. Her being way older made it ten times worse and made him ten times more nervous as to what was going on. 'Sunflowers get their name from the fact that they grow facing the sun.' He nervously thought up a flower fact in his mind. It was the only thing he could do to keep himself relatively calm. His cheeks burned a bright red as he stared at her being so close.

He let out a sigh once she leaned away from him. What had that been about? Was he just overreacting? Maybe that was just a thing normal in kitsune culture? He wasn't a kitsune, so how should he know. His mind was just trying to rationalize things. The power was interesting, but he was still pretty shellshocked by what had happened to really focus in on it. He blushed even more knowing that Inari was willing to kiss him to help with any injuries received in battle. He'd never been kissed before in his life. There was no way he was ready for that, even if it'd be meant to save his life.

Inari then started apologizing, explaining that she had been trying to tease him like Vivi did. He was incredibly relieved by that. "I-It's okay!" He exclaimed with nervous hints to his voice. He watched her bow and moved forward with Vivi almost falling. "Oh, sorry!" He didn't know if Vivi had woken, but that didn't matter with his apology. He had got her just in time and propped her up, so she didn't fall. He was as much of a mess as Inari right now. Inari scooted herself away from him and looked away. He scratched his chin, thinking of how to resolve the situation. "L-Lavender flowers are in the same plant family as mint." He recited a fact, hoping it would maybe help change the subject. "That's... dumb. Uhhh." He scratched the back of his head. "Maybe we should just.. not take after Vivi in the teasing department. I think that would save everyone from being.. y'know." Maybe just addressing it would help make everything better. Well, addressing it in his round about way since he was too flustered to really just say it.

Daniel's gaze shifted uncomfortably as Rex inspected him. He felt like he was a criminal being interrogated and he did not like feeling like that. Many people saw him as morally greyed, that his loyalties could switch at any time. People saw him as a criminal, like how his old man used to be. It made him angry, but he just sat and took it. He knew if he punched first, that'd be exactly what they wanted. So, he sat on his horse in quiet awkwardness.

Rex recited his name, then exclaimed about how he remembered. Great, he really did know him. He knew about the half orc son of Zhurghed Tusken. Well, there goes his chances of getting in Rex's good graces. Though, to his surprise, Rex continued on like it was no big deal. He knew some people were impartial towards him and his deal, but the higher ups usually weren't. Rex was an.. interesting leader. He asked about what they were doing here, when they had said so moments before. Maybe Rex had been too caught up in him. The robot replied with the answer and Rex once again said he remembered. Was that a trend with this guy? No, he couldn't be thinking rude things like that.

The robot shifted his attention to ask Christopher a question. Christopher turned his attention to the robot Spirit, a little surprised that this one was asking the question. Right on cue, Rex exclaimed about the fact that he should be asking the question. The robot's reply made Daniel give a low giggle. Christopher gave him a glare as in to tell him 'shut up' and he did just that. Christopher didn't seem afraid to harshly command any of his lower ranks and he certainly had no tolerance for people being rude. Daniel found himself liking Christopher, probably because he had defended him before in his own way.

"We were all sent by our captain." Christopher replied. "More soldiers means more people to help. Besides, some of these people are too injured to even walk. They won't have to walk on horseback. We can get them help faster and it won't make their injuries worse. We are prepared to help right away, sir!" Christopher acted like it was only logical to send a cavalry division to help with the efforts. Daniel found himself agreeing with the group's leader.

Inari said nothing but gave a slight nod, her face still beet red. Vivi on the other hand was awoken when Castor nearly dropped her, she looked at Inari and Castor with half opened eyes. She saw Inari was incredibly red and Castor was apologizing to Vivi. Then Castor made the comment about leaving the teasing to Vivi, "What happened?" She said, rubbing her eyes. Vivi smiled a bit, "Did my big sis do something naughty to you, Castor?" Inari flushed a deeper red, "Sh-Shut up! Nyaa!" She got up and ran to the opposite edge of the roof and curled up.

After Vivi had woken up a bit, she got up and walked over to Inari and leaned into her, "You know I love you." She said with a smile, "You're just too easy to tease." Inari remained silent and curled herself tighter out of embarrassment, "Sh-shut up, Vivi." She said quietly

Rex cleared his throat, "ANYWAYS!" he said loudly, "You go do that then. I'll continue guiding the people to the camp." CASTS disappeared back into his little home, "Suggestion: CASTS will stay in Rex's bauble thing." Rex waved his hand dismissively, "Yeah, yeah." CASTS sighed again, "Comment: One acknowledgement is sufficient."

Rex groaned, "YES, MOM. Geez..." He looked at Christopher, "You have your orders. I dunno, go do them or something, I guess."

Iris was a bit shocked to see a kid hiding under the cover Mizuki pulled off a desk. She looked so frail and small. When Mizuki asked the girl where her parents were and the girl didn't respond Iris thought the worst. She hoped her mother and father were still out there somewhere.

Suddenly shadow creatures appeared from nowhere, and Iris' hand twitched to the pistol on her thigh. When she realized they were with Mizuki she relaxed. They had found Castor.

Before long the she and Castro were following Mizuki to Castor's location. The little girl had decided to accompany them and the machine carried her princess style. Finally they caught up to Castor. There was the fox girl from before and another little human with bunny ears.

Iris didn't know if she would have to fight to get any information out of Castor. She hoped she wouldn't have to yet she steeled her resolve.

Whatever it takes to end this war. She thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back