• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Spirits Walk Among Us - In Character

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Rajeel narrowly missed the attack from Inari, skidding on the iced floor to avoid it. Even so, the attack ripped off a chunk of clothing from his shoulder. The claw had grazed him, notching a little scratch in his shoulder where a small amount of blood trickled down from. Of course he was getting bloody today. It was ruining his appearance too.

"Are you kidding me? He breaks into my home, attacks me! And I'm the-" He stopped himself mid-sentence as another ball of light was thrown. "Not this again!" He moaned out. He staggered on the ice for a few seconds. It only made his searing headache worse. Then, he heard shots fired. Luckily, he was able to light his head and grabbed the bullet where the metal seared into a dripping mess. His searing touch was coming in handy. He'd been standing in a dry patch, which was why he able to use the ability. Still, he was weakened from the cold and felt the impact on his hand. Smoke enveloped it and he stumbled back. He'd stopped the bullet from getting to him, but his hand now hand marks. Hurt a little too. But the heat coming from that hand helped ease it.

He looks to see some of his security detail come into his home, right where the boy had landed from who knows what. He straightened his sleeves and combed his hair with his hand. "Would you be so kind as to get him out of here boys." He ordered the two men. "And, while you're at it, I wouldn't mind if he ends up giving us a sum of money for the damage his, ah, untimely arrival has caused." He straightened himself up, but the men gave him looks. Surely they were used to his disheveled appearances by now. After all, sometimes he got too drunk to even get home. He snapped his fingers and the two spirits advanced on the boy.

"Now, why doesn't everyone get off my property, hmm? I can easily just call the police to get you off my premises." He directed it at both Inari and Castro. "After all, you both have drawn blood and caused me property damage." He flicked his tail towards Inari. "You may not be my lackey, but I still have my rights y'know. And, right now, you both are in the wrong." Lightning crackled in the palm of his hand, threateningly. He hoped they'd listen and get out. Now his headache was ten times worse. Worth taking some more pills after this was all over. Even if that may not have been recommended. He just wanted it gone.

"Alright." Castro nodded. Though he had a look of worry as Vivi balanced on the ledge. "Be careful.." He murmured. He was glad when she sat down. Though, on the ledge wasn't as safe either.

He twitched when he heard her question. How should he answer? Did she know what an elf was? Could he get away with just saying he was an elf? "Um, I'm an elf." His tail waved at her. "But I've got some mixed heritage." He answered vaguly and moved to his question. He just didn't like people knowing about it. He really didn't want to hear her call him a halfbreed. She didn't seem like the type, but people could be unpredictable. "Question two? Ah, are those real?" He pointed towards the rabbit ears. "The ears, I mean."

Inari NatsukiCurrent State: Partial Kitsune State
Interactions: AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf SharkBark SharkBark

Inari was temporarily blinded but again, it didn't last nearly as long as before. Inari's ears twitched as she heard the shots and quickly dodged the shot. Quickly glancing at the human then back at Rajeel, "If that's the case, then why are you still fighting? Wasn't that an option from the beginning?" Inari backed off and began concentrating fire energy into her hands and feet, "I don't know the whole story, but if we're in the wrong then maybe you should've thought of that before fighting, yeah?" Inari only wanted to stop the fighting but the way this guy presented himself made it seem like that was impossibility. Inari glanced at Castro but paid him no mind, she had no intention of harming him.

ViviLocation: Ironshire City Rooftops
Interactions: AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf

Vivi tilted her head at his response, she didn't really know what it meant. She felt her headband, "Oh this?" She popped it off, it was almost as if a comical 'popping' noise could be heard when she did so but there wasn't actually one. "Nope. It's a headband that Inari gave me. I call her my big sister, but actually she's like my best friend. She's been there for me since I was 5. That's when she gave me this headband and I've treasured it ever since." Vivi's voice broke a tiny bit explaining it but quickly back to normal, "Okay, Question 3, will you be my friend?" she hopped off the ledge and leaned toward Castor with excitement, "I don't have many friends, actually Big sis is my only friend."

Castro quickly picks himself back after the men start charging him. One henchman creates a blue aura from their fist and swing at Castro. Castro dodges but he could feel the energy along his face. If that had connected, he probably would've died.

Castro elbows the henchman in his throat, sending him back, while swinging his blade at the other. The second henchman was much faster. He had dodged the blade before Castro had even swung it. The quick man does a spinning heel kick and kicks Castro's blade out of his hand.

"Oh, okay..let's fight like men." Castro says, getting into a boxing stance. Castro throws a quick 1-2 combo that the quick guy easily dodges. He looks at the stronger henchman recovering then back at the fast guy. It was a bad idea to take his eyes off of him though. Out of no where, the fast man's foot in at the side of Castro's jaw nearly knocking him out.

Castro stumbles to the side but quickly recovers with an uppercut. The fast man leaned back a little, reducing how much of the punch he took, so Castro was only able to clip a bit of chin. That was enough though. Castro's gloves had thick steel in the knuckle, coated by padding to protect Castro's knuckles. The fast guy, who wasn't so fast anymore, dropped back quickly onto a table, clearly unconscious. Castro lets out a little laugh.

"Heh, not so fast now are yo--" Castro's quip is cut off as the other henchman's blue fist rams into his chest. Castro gets shot through the air, flying past the tailed girl.

Last edited:
Rajeel narrowed his eyes at the kitsune. "Is it so wrong for me to defend myself when I'm getting slashed at? Maybe you should learn not to get in other people's business. Because, yeah, you clearly do not know the full story." He was starting to get agitated. How dare this kitsune girl just walk in and start criticizing him! "Besides, I have the basic right to defend myself whilst an intruder is in my home attacking me. It doesn't matter if I should be fighting or not. The fact still stands that I have an intruder openly trying to kill me in my own home. There was no chance to call the police. What did you expect really? Me to just roll over and let that psychopathic human kill me? Heh." He rubbed his temples and shook his head in disbelief.

He painted the situation as if Castro was in the wrong and he had done nothing wrong. Castro was definitely wrong for coming in and attacking, but he had been the one to really start things. Still, Rajeel was right. He had the right to defend himself when there was threat in his own home.

Rajeel turned to see Castro fly past Inari. "Wow! I'm impressed. Good job!" He sent the compliment the henchman's way. He then waved him off. "Make sure the boy doesn't come back here. I'd rather not get shot at in my own home." He shot a nasty look towards Inari. "Or have more of my property destroyed."

He went over to access the damages. He groaned. About half the furniture was broken and the whole place was cold and riddled with icy floors and shrapnel. "Might as well just sell the place at this point. Won't go for much but I have a much better home up in this city." He mumbled to himself. He then remembered about Inari. "Well, off with you. I will call the police y'know. I'll give you five minutes to leave my property. After that, it's fair game. And, trust me, I'm being generous for someone who attacked me for no reason." He waved her off as well, lightning crackling in his palm from irritation over the situation and the damages.

"I'll have to go out and find that brat now too." He mumbled, talking about Castor. There was no telling where he was now, and he wanted to move locations as soon as possible.

Castor nodded along to what she was saying. He guessed she was human then, if she didn't really have rabbit ears. It was cute though, a headband from an older sister figure. He wished he had something like their relationship. It was also interesting to note that they weren't actually sisters.

Then, Vivi got off the ledge and learned towards him with her next question. Friends. He couldn't help the smile. He didn't really have any nowadays. He nodded. "Yeah, sure!" He exclaimed. He felt a little more at ease. "Don't worry. I don't have many friends either. You're not alone in that."

He was starting to feel a bit more comfortable. "Question four, how did you become friends with Inari?"

Interactions: SharkBark SharkBark

Inari winced a bit as Castro flew by her, she then redirected her attention back to Rajeel. Inari snarled, as much as she hated to admit it, he had a point. She stood up from all fours, as the fire vanished from her hands and feet, "Fine." She went over to Castro and picked him up, with hardly any time to check if he was okay right. She made her way to door but stopped then glanced back at Rajeel, "I'd advised against attacking humans though. As much as I hate admitting you were right, if you did call the police and they determined YOU were in the wrong here, they wouldn't have any mercy on you." With that she bolted off back to the rooftops, landing on one and and laying Castro down, "Hey, you alright?" she asked him.

ViviLocation: Ironshire City Rooftops

Vivi was happy though again, her face didn't really show it. Vivi waited for his question, then it came. Vivi's excitement faded a bit, "Um, well, when I was 5, I was kicked out of my house. I sat on a street corner for 2 days without food or drink..." Vivi looked down as she clutched her dress, hesitant, but continued, "I didn't know what to do... I was so scared, I thought I was gonna die from starvation and then, one day I got offered food." Vivi looked back at Castor, "It was Inari, she offered me food and asked if I was okay. I was so happy that I burst into tears and hugged her on instinct. Everyday after that she kept coming back and offered me more food and drinks." Vivi sniffled as her voice broke a bit but she wiped her face, "I guess ever since then, I've seen her as my big sister, she was the only person to reach out to me and I'm grateful for that. I want to be as strong as she is one day."

Last edited:
Castro looks up the the bunny eared girl. He wasn't sure if this was real or not.

"Uh...yeah?" Castro says. Castro stands up quickly and looks at the blue handed henchman. His backpack is over there. All of his useless materials are gone at this point. He questions whether to keep fighting or ditch Inari next to him. Castro pushes his glasses back up onto his face.

"Since we're allies. For now. We might as well have a plan." Castro says to Inari. "You use whatever Dark Palm thing you have and go for his hands. That's one of his main sources of power. You seem more resistant to fire and flames so, you rush him."

Castro picks up a glass of alcohol and a lighter.

"Give me time to deal with the henchman, then I'll come back and help you."

Without waiting for her response, Castro throws the bottle at the henchman. It cracks on his forehead and disorients him for a second. His body covered in alcohol. Flammable alcohol.

Then, flamboyantly, Castro runs slides underneath a table and then for his final move, his does a back flip over the henchman and tucks the lighter into his shirt pocket. The lighter was lit too. I'm sure you can put together what happens next.

Iris Eloclipse sat on a rooftop waiting for something to happen. She had been waiting for a few minutes when she heard noise coming from inside the building. Iris wondered what was going on. She started to move towards the building with the intention of breaking in but stopped when a fox girl appeared on the scene.

Now Iris could hear sounds of fighting. The fox girl knocked then burst down the door. Iris went to get a closer look being careful to stay out of sight. From her vantage point she could just make out the icy interior of the building and broken furniture. She spotted the fox girl take the boy she had been tracking and leave.

She also spotted Rajeel, a member of the cruel Reincrat family. What was he doing here? She had heard he and his family held resentment towards humans. Why was he in a city filled with them?

Iris stalked the boy and the fox girl. The boy talked of a plan but she could barely make out what he was saying. Suddenly he threw a bottle at one of Rajeel's men. He then proceeds to set the man on fire. Iris watched in stunned.

Just what the hell was going on?

Castro backed away from the burning corpse. The man's screams slowly faded away as the flames melted the ice and extinguished his flames. He died, but he died in less pain. A wholesome death. Castro looks at Inari. She's still in a ready the fight stance.

"I might as well let the spirit deal with the spirit." Castro thinks. "I think I've done enough." Castro turns to ditch Inari but spots a girl sitting on a rooftop. He quickly pulls up his mask. "Oh shit, she might've seen my face."

Just then, he hears more sparks. Rajeel's charging up for another lightning blast. He's already damaged, now that girl just needs to injure his hands. If she could do that, Castro would jump back in and finish him off. If not, sorry, but she was on her own. He would leave.

He looks back up to girl, still staring from the rooftop. Might as well stop her from squealing. Castro retrieves his backpack and blade then runs towards the rooftop and begins climbing. He gets to the top and lands right in front of the dark skinned girl. He blushes a little when he sees her. She looks to be older than him and to be honest, he didn't want to seem like a bad person to a woman. He especially didn't want to ditch someone and look like a coward in front of her.

"Uh..m-ma'am. Please flee the scene. It's not safe here." He mutters under his breath. Still as red as a tomato.

Interaction: DarknessSama17 DarknessSama17

Iris Eloclipse watched the charred body hit the floor. That young man killed someone in cold blood. Iris didn't know whether to be horrified or impressed. She had seen many lose their lives in battle but to kill someone in broad daylight? She had to know what was going on.

The young man spotted her and made his way over. He scaled the building with little effort and stopped in front of Iris.

He was telling her to flee. That it wasn't safe here but she shook her head.

She dropped her traveling bag and pulled out a badge that stated she was apart of the human/spirit alliance.

"How about you tell me what's going on here?" She spoke in a firm voice. "from my perspective, you just killed an innocent man. Care to tell me why?"

SharkBark SharkBark

Interactions: None

Inari looked more surprised at how quickly Castro recovered, went back to the bar and then proceed to killed a man, "Uh..." Inari was truly speechless, she was left alone on the rooftop. She didn't like being left alone but was too astonished by the man's blazing speed to say anything, she didn't think humans were that fast. Soon after someone else seemed to join him, "Well, I guess he's okay now..?" She said to herself, she got up and looked around, "I should return to Vivi and that other kid." With that, she jumped off the building made her way back to Vivi and Castor, jumping between buildings and the ground, 'I hope Vivi wasn't getting too worried about me.' she thought to herself.

Castro looks at the badge. Shit. An officer.

"Well, to be honest, the kill was in self defense. Also, he wasn't so innocent." Castro says. "I was trying to just get evidence on Rajeel Reinhart. He spotted me, we fought, that man attacked me, I killed him. Simple. Now if you want to live, you'd leave."

Castro watches as Inari jumps from building to building. Fleeing the scene. Guess she got the the ditching part before him. He looks back at Rajeel. He's still extremely pissed. Now that the spirit, Castro's best asset was gone. He knew he had to leave. He couldn't beat him himself. But now he was even more scared. Because now he had made himself a target of the Reinhart family.

Iris heard everything the young man said. So the kill was in self defense. That made sense. This person didn't look like someone who would needlessly kill. He once again urged her to leave the area but Iris wanted answers. Iris looked over to Rajeel who looked like he was beyond annoyed.

There was a slight breeze when the fox girl left the scene. She seemed to be in a hurry.

"Did you get any evidence?"

Everyone knew the Reincrat family wanted humanity wiped out. If she could aquire this evidence she could potentially have him arrested and interrogated. That could speed up the operation to shut down the Dragonfist Order. With them running around no one was safe. It was her job to do whatever she could to stop their wicked plans.

SharkBark SharkBark

"Yeah, I did." Castro takes out a document. "Something about the Dragonkin's location. Don't expect me to give it up though.

Castro lifts his blade and points it at Iris.

"I don't wanna have to hurt a human."

Castro analyzes Iris. She doesn't seem to look like she can fight. A basic human.

Iris holds up her hands. "Easy there guy." She said "I don't plan on taking anything from you. How about you meet my boss? He would pay for that kind of information?"

Another breeze ruffled Iris' hair. Sure with her training she could probably wrestle the knife from him but that wouldn't build trust. If this young man really did find the location of the Dragonfist Order then he could be useful to the cause. Aside from that Iris would rather avoid needless conflict.

SharkBark SharkBark

Rajeel was beyond happy when the pair of annoying brats had finally left. His house was destroyed, his security detail both wounded and killed, and worst of all his throbbing headache had gotten worse. "Tch. Mercy? It's more like I wouldn't have mercy on them." He gave a good chuckle after that, speaking more in a muttered tone. At least the kitsune girl seemed to have some sense.

He walked past the henchmen that had been knocked out. "Utterly useless!" He sneered at them on his way to the bathroom. The cabinet had been opened because of the fight and he peered inside. No pills. His tail bristled and flicked rapidly. His eyes opened to the pills sprayed out on the floor, an ice shared impaling the bottle. "How the hell did it even- ugh!" His eyes glowed in anger and his hand engulfed in flame that went through the tile floor. His arm and shoulder were bloody, and his headache was worsened. He needed to get out of this damn cold house.

"Sir Reincrat-" One of his security guards came in.

"What is it?!" He said enraged, his eyes glowing like lava. It seemed to severely unnerve the guard.

"Are you alright sir?" The man asked.

"No, I'm not alright! Why the hell would I be alright?" He yelled, taking his rage out on the spirit in front of him. "If any of you had been doing you're god damn jobs then maybe I would be!" The guy was taken aback and he huffed as he stood. "Get together my important documents. Anything valuable, take it. I want to move locations immediately. Right after I get a new prescription filled." He mumbled out the last sentence. If saw the guard still standing there. "What are waiting for? An invitation?" He snapped his fingers. "Off with you now. And, while you're at it, don't screw up." He lit his hand in fire to add emphasize to the threat. The guard gulped and went off. He'd caught him in an extremely bad mood.

He extinguished his flaming hand and took out the gauze and bandages to fix up his arm and shoulder. He'd have to go to a pharmacy here. So annoying!

Castro looked sad as Vivi explained how they met. That was horrible. He may be in a bad situation himself, but at least he'd always had food and water and a roof over his head. It made him grateful for what he had, even if he wasn't surrounded by nice people.

"Hey.. I.." He didn't really know what to say. "I'm sorry that happened to you. But, I'm glad there was someone there to help." He tried to give a smile, hoping she'd feel better. He shouldn't have asked that question.

He was saved from the awkwardness when Inari arrived. "You're back!" He said as he turned to see her. "We were just playing twenty questions." He informed her. "Where did you go?" He asked. She seemed a little roughed up and maybe even annoyed. He looked at her with a worried expression.

Chapter 2: The War Starts Now.
Inari Natsuki and ViviCurrent State: Partial Kitsune State

Vivi looked up at Castor and gave a smile, something that she hasn't done for a while, at least not truly. Though as you might've guessed, her expression remained emotionless, "It's okay though, I have two really great friends." Vivi wiped her eyes just as Inari came back, "Big sis!" She ran to hug her and Inari recoiled a bit but hugged her back, her tail slightly waving back and forth. Inari looked at Castor, "Twenty questions, eh?" She giggled then answered his other question, "Hmm, oh I heard a commotion a few houses down, I went to check it out and there was a Human fighting a Spirit who could use lightning and fire magic." Vivi was still hugging Inari, not really paying attention to what she was saying.

"Ah, but don't worry I think its fine." She said with a slight smile. Vivi took her head and looked up at Inari, "I made a new friend you were gone! His name is Castor!" Inari could tell she was genuinely excited to make a new friend and smiled at Vivi, "That's awesome! I'm so happy for you." She looked over at Castor, "I take it you're Castor then?" Before he was able to answer, Inari saw a blur fly straight into the tower in the middle of the city, "The hell...?"

Kishi DragonfistLocation: Ironshire City
Interactions: AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf SharkBark SharkBark DarknessSama17 DarknessSama17 starstucker starstucker

Kishi sighed, "Better go check out the city once more." He jumped high into the air and transformed into his dragon form and flew off towards Ironshire. As he flew there, he thought to himself, 'What a pain, who knew starting a war involved so much work.' Kishi soon arrived at Ironshire, landing straight on the tallest tower in the city, not exactly a most discret entrance. Kishi looked around in his dragon form, he was safe from the cities defense, not only because they'd be firing on the city but because they physically couldn't turn 180 degrees.

Kishi's Dragon form let out an ear piercing and deafening roar, he then crawled up to the top and made himself known, "Humans!" He roared, "For too long you have subdued us Spirits into slavery. Ever since the First Great War. I am here to tell you, we are done." Everyone in the market looked up at the dragon on their tower, "From henceforth, I declare war upon the Human race. You can try to stop me but your efforts will be in vain. I will do what I must and if it means your extinction..." Kishi pushed himself off the tower and started flying away, "Then so be it."

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ tabs ------ */

• /* ------ sticky note letter ------ */
    am i your girl? you told me that `all the pretty stars shine for you, my love.` and so i'll wait for you, babe.

your butterfly.

/* ------ right side ------ */

it was no secret that vinyl enjoyed nice, long naps. they could sleep for hours during the lazy afternoons, when all the tea parties and lunch dates were taking place and they didn't have to worry about an influx of customers. no matter where they ended up falling asleep—be it the fluffy pink couch near their kitchen area, in their nice soft bed with their sister, who enjoyed long naps as much as they did, or in a random patch of sunlight on their kitchen floor—they always slept deeply and they always woke up around dark.

so it was no surprise that they were currently asleep, snoozing away on the long windowsill that shone lazy afternoon sunlight into their little dining room. their sister was asleep too, but she wasn't as light of a sleeper as they were. so the ear-piercing roar startled them awake quickly, and they ended up tumbling off of their window and out of their open window, right into a large bundle of hydrangeas taht they'd been cultivating for the past two weeks.

with a frustrated grumble, they stood up and dusted themself off. reaching their hand out and soaking up as much of the morning dew as the grass was able to preserve, they washed the dirt off of their skin and soaked up the mess in their hair. their shop and house was just on the edge of the market, and they could see who had called out from there.

fuck you, dude, it's civil war,
they wanted to scoff grumpily, their crankiness catching up to them, but they receded when they felt their familiar, a sleek white cat whose name was mademoiselle, jump onto their tensed shoulders and lounge there like a purring scarf. they took a breath to try and calm themself and hopped back into their window, grabbing their cloak and their cute little witch hat that they never left home without, a gift from their sister.

well, since i'm awake, i might as well go get some stuff from the market. aurelie wanted something sweet tonight, and i think we're out of sugar.

they made their way out of the door—finally—and walked into the market, paying the large dragon no mind besides their gloved hand raising to shoot him an irritated middle finger as they adjusted their wicker basket on their arm and listened to mademoiselle's purrs.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Before Castro could respond, a large roar was heard throughout the city. Then a voice. As Castro listened to it speak, he dropped his sword and fell onto his knees. It was happening all over again. Flashbacks of his mother being beheaded. Another of his father being stabbed in the heart. And just like that, he felt that it was all happening all over again. Another war against the human race.

Castro burrowed his head into the rooftops and put his hands over his head. He starts hyperventilating and sweats.

"No, no, no no. Not again..please." he muttered to him self. He no longer felt stable. His PTSD was kicking in. He was having a breakdown.

Castor looked surprised when he heard what Inari said. A spirit who could use fire and lightning. He gulped. Could that spirit be Rajeel? They weren't far off from the house. He wanted to apologize for his older brother being rude. He'd probably been rude if that had been him. But then that'd give away he was a Reincrat and they might not trust him anymore. He wouldn't blame them. Besides, he didn't know if it had been Rajeel. It did sound like him, though.

He looked nervous again, like he'd seen a ghost. His face was weirdly pale too. He looked up when Vivi mentioned him being her new friend. Inari asked if he was Castor, and he was about to nod when she spoke again. She turned towards what she was looking at. A weird blur. Something like a fast bird. Only, he didn't think any bird species he knew off were that big.

Castor cupped his hands over his pointed ears when the loud roar came. The ears came with a sensitivity to loud noises. The roar fit that bill. He uncupped them when the roaring was over. Then, he watched the dragon like thing speak. He got up and stumbled to the ledge to get a better view. Dragonkin most likely since he talked about spirits like he was one of them. Most of all, the dragon spoke. He definitely wasn't some weird looking animal. He could've sworn he'd seen him somewhere. The voice sounded familiar. Maybe one of his father's business partners? He had them over at the estate sometimes. He was too shocked to even fully realize that the dragonkin up on the tower was Kishi Dragonfist.

He gulped. "War?" He managed to squeak out in a high-pitched voice. He watched as the dragon started flying again after his declaration and the choas that ensued down at the market. "Dragonfist Order..." He mumbled. Had he been a part in that? Had the things he told his father about the city helped plan that? Suddenly, he felt sick. He held his stomach to try to avoid throwing up. He felt absolutely awful. He sat back down and just stared. "Is there... really going to be an attack?" He asked the question, clear as day that he was scared out of his mind. He was scared, and guilty. He didn't even know who he was speaking to. Not really directing it at anyone as his mind whirled.

By the time the roar came, Rajeel had a bandage around his arm and shoulder. He'd managed to put clothes on that didn't smell like alcohol. He gelled his hair and made himself look sophisticated. Much better. His men were scrambling to get everything, to appease him, as he leisurely got ready to go out. However, he was still agitated. He needed medication like now.

He went out of the bathroom to the chaos. "Hey! Careful with those!" He ordered as they were boxing up his alcohol storage. He'd break the neck of anyone who dropped one of his precious bottles. That's how severe his problem was. He then heard the roar which made his head tremble. He rubbed his temples. What now? He went outside and looked up at the tower to see a dragon. The Dragonfist guy. Kishi. The leader of the order. He was here, in the city. What was even better, he was here to declare war. The demon grinned. "Finally. I've been waiting for this. Those wretched humans finally get what they deserve. I hope that annoying brat is the first to die." He gave a chuckle. It made him feel at least a little better.

He went back inside to his men, who had stopped the work to hear what was going on. "Did you hear that? The Dragonfist Order has declared war! The humans won't stand a chance against a spirit army! We'll be rid of them once and for all!" Rajeel allowed the cheering and even clapped. "We'll be getting out of this city then. I don't want to be near here when the attack finally comes. Hurry up with the preparations but be very careful." He realized he was forgetting about another loose end. "And someone go find the halfbreed. Father would kill me if I come back to the estate without him." He turned and left to go find a pharmacy, not really caring about the panic. All he wanted was his pills, and quick too. Some of his agents ran out to look for Castor.

/* ------ tabs ------ */

am i your girl? you told me that `all the pretty stars shine for you, my love.` and so i'll wait for you, babe.

the tailor.

they had wandered the stalls, not caring too much about the sudden declaration of war. remaining in a careful state of neutrality and teaming with whoever could protect their little sister more, they had contingency plans for that, and they were inconspicuous enough that they were nearly certain in the fact that such plans wouldn't need to be used. although if they tried to come for their sister...

vinyl fought the urge to spark as mademoiselle purred from where she was still lounging on their shoulders. they took a deep breath and pulled their nails carefully from their palm, which now sported deep crescents that were dangerously close to bleeding. picking out a few breads and a small bag of sugar, they continued to walk until they heard something from the rooftops. at first, they wrote it off as the east wind being mischievous again and made way to leave, but that sound persisted. even mademoiselle had glanced up at the sound.

that was just about enough to get them to be on alert.

lifting their hand, they pulled the nearest clouds from the almost clear sky and stepped upon them, floating up to the rooftops. there, they saw a man with alabaster hair and ivory skin, his head in his hands as he muttered something indecipherable under his breath. vinyl's first instinct was to leave and not concern themself with the matter, but seeing him kneeling there without anyone to help him sent a pang of sympathy through their chest. many a time, they'd had to comfort aurelie when she was in tears or upset about anything, and the sight reminded them all too much of it.

so with a soft sigh, they set their basket down on the rooftop and walked over, their heeled boots clicking just faintly as they knelt before him. "hey. i know you don't know me, but i'm going to need you to cool it, okay?" they asked first, their hand hovering over his shoulder in case he didn't want to be touched. "here, follow my breathing. in for three, hold for three, out for three. can you do that?"

© weldherwings.

Last edited:
Iris heard the dragon declare war on humanity. This was what she had been trying to stop. She was too late. She failed. Sure it wasn't all on her but she sure did feel like it was.

Suddenly the young man dropped. He curled up into fetal position.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She said as she dropped beside him.

She put two and two together and figured he'd had some kind of trauma from the last war. Iris' heart went out to him. Her and her family were safely hidden during the last war. She wondered what happened in his past.

She hesitantly pulled him onto her lap, ready to let him sob if he needs to.

SharkBark SharkBark

Castro calmed down a little when he felt the officer's touch. It was comforting. Reminded him of his mother's. Then he remembered. This is what he was trying to prevent in the first. But was it too late? He still had the kin's location. Castro lifts himself off of Iris's lap and starts breathing slowly. A remedy to calm himself. With a shuddering breath he says,

"I'm Castro. Castro Smith. And...I need your help to end this never ending cycle of war. We'll need some help..." Castro thinks of Inari. "...I have some ideas though."

Castro puts his hand out aggressively for Iris to shake. He didn't know why but, he trusted her. He trusted Inari. He truly feels that he's found some helpful people in the middle of all this. A spirit and a human. And then...he has one oft he enemies assets. Castro remembers the little boy from earlier. Due the the document, he's Rajeel's brother. He saw him with Inari. He could get him to spill.

"Please, join me and help me put an end to this war." Castro pleaded. Castro thinks of his parents and all the people who died during the war. He could make sure another one never happened, he could he avenge them all.

Interaction: DarknessSama17 DarknessSama17

/* ------ tabs ------ */

the tailor.

vinyl watched silently as another person approached the trembling person. they stepped back slightly, allowing her to take over. she was probably better at this kind of thing than vinyl anyway, so they wouldn't try and intrude. instead, they brushed the skirts of their dress up and knelt so they weren't getting their dress dirty.

castro smith, the man said his name was. castro was a name that tasted like the sweet oranges sold in some of the fruit stalls that lined the harbor a few paces away from the edge of the town. it was a pretty name, and vinyl found themself unwittingly biting back their sudden craving for sweet oranges.

and then came talk of the war.

vinyl carefully turned their head away at that. the past war had been the catalyst to their home in the forest burning down. aurelie had been no older than eight when it had happened, and she had to watch as her home burned down, with no solace but vinyl's arms. she had been far too young to have to go through any of that, and vinyl felt disgusted at the fact that any of their saints had allowed that to happen.

"before we talk about the upcoming war," they said, their voice as monotone as ever, "are you going to be okay? you did just have a ptsd episode—at least, that's what i think it was. do correct me if i'm wrong." they took their cloak off and draped it over castro's shoulders in a comforting gesture, mademoiselle purring from where she draped across their neck.

© weldherwings.

Last edited:
Inari Natsuki and ViviCurrent State: Partial Kitsune State

Inari and Vivi looked at the dragon and its announcement, "I know that voice..." Inari said quietly, Vivi looked at Inari, "There's no mistaking it... that was Kishi Dragonfist." Vivi noticed Inari's more stoic expression, she then looked back at Castor who had gone into full mental breakdown mode. Vivi let go of Inari and trotted over to Castor and held his hands, looking at him with her look, "It'll be okay, Castor." She reassured him. Inari snapped out of her trance and noticed Castor as well, she sat next to him, "Hey..." she leaned in close, her tail falling around him and whispered, "Wanna pet my tail? It's fluffy~." she said in an almost sing songy voice.

Kishi Dragonfist. That's what Inari had said. He definitely knew that name. With his family being in the high ranks of the Dragonfist Order, of course he knew that name. Pretty much anyone in the order should know. But he specifically did because his father mentioned him a couple times. In passing notions about him and the order, or if he were heading to a meeting with him. He heard him namedrop the order's leader frequently. It only made him feel worse, and sure that he'd somehow helped to cause this.

Then, his newfound friend took his hand to reassure him that things would be alright. It was comforting in a way. It was the nicest thing someone had done for him in a while. Still, he looked like he was going to be sick.

Inari bent down to help too. She offered to let him pet her tail which was a really nice offer to try to take his mind off his worries. "Are you su- thanks." He didn't want to be rude, but he did need support right now. If she was offering, then alright. Maybe it'd feel like when he was stroking his raven. That always gave him a sense of calm. He reached out a hand and it burrowed into the soft fur of Inari's tail. So fluffy! It also felt comforting, but different from his raven friend. A smile cracked into the corner of his mouth. He focused more on the tail than his fears. He put his other hand into the fluff and focused on being gentle. The last thing he wanted to do was make Inari uncomfortable and he had no idea if she didn't like people touching her tail. She had offered it, but he still wanted to be careful.

The color came back to his and he looked less sick. Felt less sick too. Inari and Vivi had been successful in coming him down. "T-thanks." He murmured to both of them, his face growing red from embarrassment. Back home, he'd probably be scolded for such behavior. Petting another's tail but, most of all, letting himself show weakness and fear. His father would not have been pleased. But his troubles seemed to melt away while being surrounded by two kind people.

Meanwhile, two guards searched for Castor. They called out, "Young master! Young master Castor!" They still gave the boy a title, but they didn't treat him like his parents or his older brother, calling him by name instead of Reincrat. He was lower in ranking in the family, both from being younger and being his father's illegitimate child. Pretty much no one took him seriously, but they had to treat him well or they'd either get killed in some kind of staged freak accident or get fired, both punishments dished out by his father. He honestly couldn't grasp why his father would do such things. Why he made a big deal out of it, considering sometimes he treated Castor as if he was some nuisance getting in the way.

Rajeel wandered around trying to find the nearest pharmacy. He took a slip with him that contained the prescription information. He just hoped they were able to fill it. He couldn't handle the car ride home with the little brat Castor while having a headache. Though, now while out on the streets, he kept a charismatic smile wherever he went. It was his family persona. The well-tempered, bar running and wine entrepreneur of the Reincrat family. Pair that with his good looks, and he was as charming as ever. No one knew about his alcohol problems and that's how he liked it.

"Doesn't this cursed city have any damn pharmacies?" He muttered under his breath. He really didn't want to have to ask for directions. That would throw off everything. Such a nuisance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back