• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Spirits Walk Among Us - In Character

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Inari Natsuki and ViviCurrent State: Partial Kitsune State
Interactions: AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf

Inari looked at Castor enjoying her tail, her cheeks blushed red but made no noise and let Castor pet her tail to his heart's content, there was a subtle look of fear on her face. Inari's ear twitched at his thanks but Inari just continued smiling. Vivi looked at Castor and whispered, "She loves when people pet her tail and ears. The reason is because she maintains constant care in both areas so she figured why not let other touch them if they wanted to. After a while, she grew to enjoy it." Vivi peeked back at Inari then back to Castor, "Actually, she won't admit it, but it helps her calm down too. She's doing this for herself just as much as she is for you too." Inari's face would confirm this, the look of fear earlier had all but vanished, "She let me pet her tail too when she first found me. I was crying so much and it made her worry so she offered her tail to me. I wound up falling asleep on it." She said, slightly embarrassed to admit it.

Castro looks at Vinyl.

"Thank you." He says. "Who are you? And how did you know I had PTSD?"

Castro didn't know that it was completely obvious. I mean, even fireworks made him have mental breakdown. He started having memories way earlier than other children and the first thing he saw was his father slit someones' throat. It made baby Castro cry but his mother just hugged him and said, "Shh, shh, Castro. It'll all be over soon." He wishes he could go back in time and tell that it would over soon for them. Castro's mother died first. As his father went out to look for food, 6 spirits came and assaulted his mother. Her face was bruised, blood was all over her, her teeth were missing, yet still, she smiled at him. Her smile was the last thing he saw of her with her head intact.

Afterwards, a spirit produced a blade from his hand and cut her head off. Baby Castro watched all of this unveil from the safety of a soundproof, box. It was double mirrored so he could outside the box, but no one could see inside. Yet she made eye contact and smiled. He'll never forget the bladed man. His hair was long and luscious, his right possessing a scar that spelled out D K S on it. Castro later learned that it meant "Dragonkin's Servant." He was rather tall and had a smirk that could send chills down your spine.

When his father came back and saw, all he could hear was screams. His father pulled out his own hair and punched everything he saw. His father cried so hard the blood replaced the tears because his ducts were so damaged. After his father retrieved him from the box, he never left Castro's side. He wasn't going the make the same mistake he had with his wife.

And a year later, he watched his dad take a spear through the heart for him. It was directed at him but his father jumped in the way, hugging Castro in the process. His last words were, "Don't let this stop you from living a good life. Stay strong." And for his father, Castro tried to stay under control.

And now, 16 years, it's all coming back. The blood, the tears. It was affecting his sanity.

DarknessSama17 DarknessSama17 and starstucker starstucker

Castor's eyes flicked over to Vivi as she whispered to him. He looked visibly relieved to hear she didn't mind it. In fact, Inari enjoyed people petting her ears and tail. He was glad. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable. But he really couldn't help himself. Her fluff had this sort of calming effect. It was weird but it also felt good to stroke it.

The look on Inari's face completely confirmed what Vivi said. She looked like she enjoyed it as much as he did. It was a treat for her too. Again, he was glad. It was best for her to feel as comfortable as possible since she was making him feel much better.

"I don't blame you. Her tail's so fluffy. It's like petting a cloud!" He remarked in a whisper back to Vivi. No wonder she had fallen asleep. The calming effect must've eventually made her drowsy. He was afraid he'd feel that way as well soon. He'd been lulled into a deep sleep, leaving the two he had just met to care for him. He didn't want that. Mostly because he'd be a bother for him, but some bit of him also felt a little scared about that. After all, he just met them. They were good people, but he'd had bad experiences with people for a while now, so he learned to keep his guard down. He didn't want to have to deal with another Rajeel.

Castor continued on stroking for a few more minutes. He let all his worries dissipate. To hell with his brother and family, with the treatment he'd been getting. All he knew was he had two very nice people with him, and he wanted to enjoy the time he was spending with them. His family didn't get to weigh him down while he was trying to do that! With that thought in his head and at least some confidence in him, he stopped petting. He looked much calmer too. "Uh, I can keep going if you like it." He offered. She seemed to enjoy it and his sudden stopping might've disappointed her. If she wanted more tail pets, he'd happily do her that favor.

Rajeel finally went up to someone. A spirit, of course, who looked a little dazed. Probably from the war declaration. He gave a shining smile and said, "Excuse me. Could you do me the favor of pointing me in the direction of the nearest pharmacy? I'm not here often, so this city can sometimes get confusing." He gave a little chuckle for the purpose of his charming act. The spirit reacted, a little startled, and did just that, giving him directions like he was a child. The spirit even wrote it down for him on a slip of small, lined paper.

"Thank you so much! I really appreciate." He gave his thanks as he went off in the note's directions. His smile cracked and turned into a frown for a second. "How annoying..." He muttered then pulled his act back on.

Inari's tail wiggled and tickled Castor's nose as if it had a mind of its own. The tail settled down after that and Inari looked at Castor, "Hmm, only if you want to, I don't mind either way." Vivi hopped up on Inari's lap and laid her head on Inari's chest, "Mmm... pillows." Inari's face flushed red, "Why do you have to say stuff like that?! Nyaa~." Inari said in a flustered tone before looking at Vivi and realizing she had fallen asleep. Inari's face returned to its normal color as she started smiling and started petting Vivi's head, her tail wiggling next to Castor like she was happy.

She turned to Castor, "Today's been quite a handful, seems to taken it out of her."

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ tabs ------ */

• /* ------ sticky note letter ------ */

am i your girl? you told me that `all the pretty stars shine for you, my love.` and so i'll wait for you, babe.

your butterfly.

/* ------ right side ------ */

"i'm this town's tailor." vinyl remained carefully passive in their replies upon being spoken to. that was, until they heard the question directed to them. how did you know i have ptsd? right, because most people thought that vinyl's constant state of pragmatism and apathy couldn't have possibly stemmed from any sort of traumatic experience, and therefore they couldn't recognize and relate to the symptoms that showed.

but no. they had to watch as their hidden town in the forest burned down, all because they happened to get caught in the crossfire of a war they weren't even a part of. they and their fellow townsfolk had sown the seeds of peace, and there they were all those years ago, paying the price for war. they never wanted bloodshed and they never wanted chaos, and they certainly hadn't wanted aurelie to have to witness all of that so early.

and now neither of them could possibly stand to get too close to fire, which was why vinyl was always quick to use up whatever sunlight they collected, if only to reduce the risk of an accidental flame. and that was why they'd made sure to tuck aurelie in extra tight when the dragons flew overhead, just so she wouldn't have to see them and be reminded of all the horrible things she'd seen before. she was ten, for saint's sake, she'd already been through so much.

they couldn't risk that. not again.

"...there are a lot of things i know," they replied calmly, keeping their eyes carefully averted from his as they examined his hand. mademoiselle had hopped down from vinyl's shoulders and was rubbing her head against his leg, purring softly in a manner that came off as equal parts comforting and sympathetic. "here, give me your hands. you dug your nails into your palms and now they're bleeding."

taking castro's hands in their gloved ones, their touch soft and gentle, they drew the morning dew that had somehow managed to cling onto the leaves of the trees that lined some of the streets, and using it, they soothed the irritated crescents that had broken skin and left beads of red in their wake. the flesh began to heal up, leaving nothing but the faintest outline of white scar tissue that would heal and fall off before the day's end anyway. "there you are. you mustn't go out without at least some bandages on you, you know. anything could happen out here."

they paused, glancing back to their wicker basket—which wasn't too far away—and pulled it over by the handle, reaching in and finding a sweet orange they'd managed to pick up from a stall that seemed to sell every delicacy they could have ever hoped for. "would you like it?" they asked gently. "these usually help me feel better." now, they usually weren't so soft-hearted, but seeing someone and having them remind them of their sister was something that was extraordinarily rare, and a good thing it was, too. when they saw castro, they had closed their eyes and seen an image of their sister flickering behind their eyelids, and their heart had been moved.

and besides, they couldn't just leave him there.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Last edited:
"Thanks." Castro says as Vinyl tends to his hands. His eyes widen by how quickly and effectively his hands healed. He didn't know who Vinyl was but, they seemed like a good person. Maybe a bit care-free but, still good. "I'll make certain to have bandages next time. I just wasn't expecting to get into a fight."

Castro watches as Vinyl takes an orange out and asks him if he wanted it. Castro hadn't had an orange in a long time and was also pretty hungry so, he took it. he analyzes it for a moment, trying to make sure it wasn't poisoned. What? He said Vinyl was a good person, not that he trusted them. After making certain that it wasn't tainted, Castro peels it and takes a bite out of the side. And goddamn, it was delicious. Castro suddenly found him self taking multiple bites at a time, getting juice everywhere as he devoured the orange in just a few bites. Wow. He really was hungry.

Castro wipes his face then looks between Iris and Vinyl. He couldn't tell if they wanted to laugh or console him. Probably both.

"S-Sorry. I haven't eaten in a while." He explains. And it was true too. Castro lived in the slums of Ironshire. It was hard to get a good meal. The best food he's every have down there was a chocolate covered grass-hopper, which by now had become endangered due to how much people loved to eat them.

Interaction: DarknessSama17 DarknessSama17 & starstucker starstucker

/* ------ tabs ------ */

am i your girl? you told me that `all the pretty stars shine for you, my love.` and so i'll wait for you, babe.

the tailor.

"that's how fights are," they said as they wiped away the excess dampness on his skin. "they come to you, whether you want them to or not." they contemplated for a moment before adding, "frankly, they're exhausting." and they flicked away a small mite of starlight that had found its way from their cloak onto his hand, finally pulling away.

they watched with vague amusement as he practically scarfed down the orange, juice dribbling down his chin. as messy of an eater as aurelie, they thought for a moment, and immediately cursed themself for the fondness that flickered across their face. instead, they took their handkerchief from their pocket and wiped off the excess juice that stained his cheeks and the corners of his lips. "no need to apologize, it's fine," they dismissed as they folded their handkerchief with the dirtied side in, tucking it into their pocket to wash later.

"it'd certainly be undignified of me to leave you here, now wouldn't it?" they mused, tapping their gloved finger on their chin. they didn't usually go out of their way to be so kind, but they'd always had a thing for the strays, if the white cat rubbing her head comfortingly against castro's leg with soft purrs and quiet meows. they supposed they could see a little bit of themself in all of the street rats and slum crawlers of the world, especially considering how they'd lost everything once as all of them had.

and besides, they wouldn't dare turn away anyone who could remind them of their sister with such startling clarity, not when they cared about their sister to that extent.

"i'm no saint, i can assure you," they began as they adjusted their hat on their head, which unironically matched with their gloves—both had lovely ruffles and sparkled like they had been woven from the night sky; considering vinyl's gift, they may very well have been. "and i certainly don't want to get tangled up in this new war no matter what, but please know that you can always take refuge in my shop and i won't turn you away, be it for a bad day or a horrid fight. i'd hate for you to think of me as inhospitable, after all."

now, they certainly weren't going to explicitly offer to let him stay for as long as he liked, as courteous as that would have been—the sight of a stranger might have frightened aurelie, at least for the time being, and they certainly didn't want that. so instead, they fastened the cloak properly around castro's shoulders, the impossibly soft fabric shimmering a shade of blue most beautiful under the golden sun as the stars woven in the cloth twinkled, and said, "here. you can keep this. just in case the longer nights get cold." with that, mademoiselle meowed and leapt back onto their shoulders, curling up like a purring mink scarf and looking at castro with big eyes as blue as the summer sky.

© weldherwings.

Last edited:
Iris was silent when the young man introduced himself. Her head was still ringing from the declaration of war. Why did there need to be another needless war? Why shed blood needlessly? Iris didn't understand it.

A new person joined them. Vinyl was her name. Iris thought her name was pretty. She helped take care of Castro and healed his palm.

Castro spoke of allies. Iris was all for it. The more hands on deck the better.

"My name is Iris Eloclipse I'd love to help you stop this war."

Last edited:
The tickle from Inari's tail almost made him sneeze. Still, a soft giggle escaped from him. He couldn't help it. He didn't know whether it was an impulse or if Inari was trying to cheer him up. Either way, he found it a little funny.

Castor nodded at Inari. She said she didn't mind either way, even though he could tell she really did like the petting. Maybe she was trying to compose herself and not let that on. Vivi had whispered over to him like it was a complete secret. Though, her appearance told him she probably really didn't mind either way. He was probably just overthinking again.

Then, Vivi hopped onto Inari's lap like she really was a bunny. He simply stared at the interaction as Vivi mumbled about pillows. His own face blushed as Inari's did, for different reasons but both of them out of embarrassment. "Sorry." He said without any context. He'd given Vivi that idea. But he didn't say anymore, leaving Inari lost on the context of that sorry. He was too awkward and embarrassed to explain.

He softened up once he saw Vivi snoozing soundly. His face gave a soft smile and his felt grew less red. Castor nodded at Inari. "Yeah, it has." He stared up at the sun in the sky. For some reason, the light didn't seem to bother him. He looked directly at it with no problems. "It feels like so much has happened, it's hard to believe it's still day." He remarked and looked back down to Inari with a smile.

The calls for him were getting easier to hear as the two guards were coming closer to the building they sat on. They weren't far away from the shabby place that acted as his home for the time being, so they didn't have much distance to close before getting there. They were still a little ways off while calling out, "Young master!"

Inari tilted her head, but paid it no mind. She continued gently petting Vivi as she slept, "Yeah, the same day." Inari's left ear moved over in the direction of Rajeel's house, 'Young Master?' and they sounded close. Inari's head pointed in the direction of Rajeel's house, both ears focused intently on the sound, "They sound like they're searching for.. a young master, it sounds like." She had forgotten for moment that Castor was there but she quickly remembered he was there, "Sorry, sorry, I just hear a pair of people calling out for someone. It almost sounds urgent." She attempted to keep both ears distracted from the sound, but the closer it got the harder it become to ignore, it got to the point where it started making Inari a bit uncomfortable to keep her attention split.

"Nice to meet you Iris, and you are..?" he asked Vinyl. Castro didn't know what to call him--er--she--er--he doesn't even know. They don't seem to fit with one at all. Castro hadn't met a lot of people like that except the spirit who raised him. The spirit would always snap when Castro called it a he. And then would do the same thing when called she. Guess some people aren't restrained by their gender(s).

"Thank you for the coat. I won't forget this." Castro responded to Vinyl. The fabric made his skin feel a hot. Not too hot. A fair temperature. "I have a plan. Rajeel has a half brother named.." Castro looks at the document. "Castor. Huh, sounds like my name. Anyways, we can use him for information. He seems mild and cowardly. Maybe we can get him to fess up to something. I saw him leave with the fox girl."

Castro looks into the distance.

"It seems like Rajeel hates him but, he also feels an obligation to keep him around. He'll most likely send men out to find him. That's where we'll start.

Castor looked at the sleeping Vivi softly. They really did seem so close. Like sisters. He wished he could have that relationship with Rajeel. One where the eldest wasn't so abusive. But that seemed like Rajeel's main personality trait, so he couldn't bypass that. He could only watch dejectedly as he was treated that way.

He visibly jumped when Inari spoke again. He could easily play it off as him getting distracted and then spooked when Inari had spoken. But that wasn't really the case. No, no, no, no! They couldn't be out looking for him. Not now. Not when he had finally connected with people. He actually had a healthy relationship in his life. A fairly new one, but still healthy. He didn't want to lose that. They'd think of him differently, once they knew he was a Reincrat. Everyone did once they found out. He was scared of that. Scared out of his mind.

"It's a-alright." He replied to Inari's apology. Sounds urgent, huh? What did Rajeel do? Why were they looking for him so urgently? Most of all, what had he done this time to anger Rajeel so much that he'd send people after him? It was always his fault. Always something he did wrong to make him so violently angry. If they were looking for him now, he was scared of what would happen when he got back. What anger lied in wait for him?

Inari seemed off put too. He wondered if it was bothering her. She seemed focused on something, and he hoped it wasn't the voice of his brother's guards. She might put two and two together. "Hey, maybe we should go somewhere... a little more comfortable." He quickly put together. Though, he was fast with his words, almost like he was panicking. He wished he could just nap on Inari's pillow of a tail and forget his worries. Vivi had it good right now. "It can't be too comfortable for her when you guys are on the ground rather than a couch.. or something." He put that in to make it sound more convincing, but he was really more worried about getting caught than Vivi's comfort. "Plus, far too noisy. It would be better to head somewhere else. But I've got no idea where. You k-know this city, right? You got any i-ideas." He gulped down his guilt. He was pretty much lying to them, but it was for the best. For everyone.

Inari looked at the jumpy Castor, "I would rather not wake Vivi right now.." Inari heard the panic in his voice, "Uh.. Castor, are you okay? Why the sudden panic?" Inari took a moment to think before gently waking Vivi, "Hey, Vivi, we have to go." Vivi rubbed her eyes, "Aw but I was having such a nice nap.." Vivi looked over at Castor, who looked like he was in a full panic. She tilted her head.

Something clicked in Inari's brain at that moment, the calling guards, Castor's panicked voice and body language, the sudden suggestion to move elsewhere. He was the one they were looking for! Inari's ears stood straight in alarm, "Hey, they're looking for you... aren't they?" Vivi looked at Inari, rather then be upset, Inari was more concerned for her new friend, "Castor, please don't lie to me about this, are you the one those guys are looking for? I-If I can help you in any way, I will just please.." Inari's tone got softer, "Tell me." Vivi was still in a half-sleeping state having not fully woken up yet

/* ------ tabs ------ */

your butterfly.

"my name is vinyl," they said gently, "but you can call me whatever you'd like." they reached up and scratched behind mademoiselle's ear with their gloved fingertips as they said, "no need to thank me, it's quite alright." they only pulled away from mademoiselle, their expression dropping, as they listened to castro speak once more.

"right," they nodded, a bit more seriousness to their voice. "there's a spell i've been working on, a hypnosis one. i can't guarantee it'll work since rituals aren't exactly my area of expertise, but it could at least loosen him up enough to tell us what exactly we want to know. you know, in the event that he has those answers." they traced one of the runes on their hand as they contemplated just what they were risking in this new war.

on one hand, they could secure safety for aurelie, which was their top priority. on the other hand, if she got caught in the crossfire, they'd never forgive themself and would eventually perish due to the grief overwhelming them. it was a hard decision, one that made their shoulders tense marginally as they worried their bottom lip. "of course, there's more than one way to snuff out a light. if we try and talk to—or befriend—the fox girl, we could potentially win his trust through her. it seems like he trusts her plenty."

they shrugged prettily as they fixed their witch's hat from where it had gone slightly crooked on their head. "but that's just another option. honestly, i just don't want my sister to get hurt, so i'll do whatever it takes as long as she's safe."

© weldherwings.

Castor looked disappointed at Inari's answer. It would've solved the whole problem if they could just move somewhere far, far away. While hopefully not running into the guards looking for him on the way out. He could hear them now, his hearing good because of being an elf but not has good as someone like Inari who'd been able to pick up the frequency from so far away. It was sort of faint, but he swore he could hear the calls.

His tail fur bristled when Inari asked if he was ok. Geez, he really wasn't good with lying. His panic just showed too quickly for it to be effective. In this moment, he wished he could lie as good as his older brother. He gulped and gave a shaky nod, too scared of what would happen if he actually opened his mouth. He was glad when Inari gently shook Vivi awake. Maybe she'd reconsidered and thought it best to leave. He looked a bit happier, his anxiety slowly starting to slip away when she spoke about leaving. Maybe everything would be alright after all.

Castor tried to peak out and look for any signs of the guards while Vivi was waking. He couldn't see them; he only knew that they were there and that they were heading their way since the voice were getting louder as time passed. He was startled when Inari spoke again, his head whipping back with fear in his eyes as she was putting the pieces together. No! Why did she have to be smart? He mentally berated himself for being the stupid one. Of course she was going to realize eventually. Its not like he could hide it forever and he hadn't been doing a good job at hiding it to begin with. His panic completely gave him away.

He looked up guiltily at Inari, the look almost confirming she was right. A moment of shock passed over his face. She didn't look angry that he was trying to hide it. She didn't look at him differently. She just looked concerned mostly. Wait till she found out they were looking for him because he was a Reincrat. She'd change her mind about him then, he was sure of it. He looked away from her as she softened her tone and tried to get him to tell her. He was scared he'd fold if he looked at that kind face any longer.

"I-I don't know." He gulped and brought his tail up on his lap to hold on tightly to. His chest was feeling tight again. He couldn't be sure those were Rajeel's people, but it was pretty likely. They were calling him by what all the servants called him, and the voices seemed vaguely familiar the more he thought about it. Besides, what other rich little kid was wandering the streets by himself? It seemed like it was for him. "Maybe. I'm not s-sure." He managed. He looked up towards Inari. Her expression completely killed him and he somewhat folded. "Its likely." He admitted, rubbing his hand on his left arm. "But, I don't really want to go. If it is for me, that is." He kept things really vague which was all he could manage at the moment. Too many details, and the smart Inari could figure out that he was a Reincrat. And he really didn't want that to happen.

Iris watched Castro as he spoke of Rajeel's brother. She had heard of a half-breed from the Reincrat family. It was a scandal that few new about. Iris didn't expect both brothers to be in the city. If he was meek then Iris didn't want to harm him.

"I like the idea of trying to befriend him through the fox girl." Iris said.

She remembered the fox girl. She didn't know much about her but it seemed as if Castro knew her.

"If you think she'll help us then I say start with that. If that doesn't work then..."

Iris didn't want to take away a person's free will. Her purpose in life was to defend both human and spirits. If she forced the young half breed to spill his guts then she'd feel like she would violate her belief.

SharkBark SharkBark

starstucker starstucker

Chapter 3: Battle of Ironshire City
Rex and KishiLocation: Ironshire City Tower
Interactions: AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf SharkBark SharkBark starstucker starstucker DarknessSama17 DarknessSama17

Rex sat on a chair within the high tower of Ironshire City, he sighed deeply and got up to walk around, "A declaration of war. By Kishi no less." Rex turned as his bauble floated towards him, "That'll never not be creepy."

CASTS appeared from the bauble, "Reply: CASTS likes to spends its time in your Bauble. Suggestion: Don't get creeped out by it." Rex sighed, "If only-" A large magical bullet flew through the air at the Tower Rex was at, it impacted and the tower shook, knocking Rex slightly off balance, "The hell was that?!" CASTS was unaffected and went to the window to look, "Answer: It was an attack."

It seemed as Kishi had lined up an army outside the borders. Rex looked in awe, "Damn it! Quick to the shield room!" Rex and CASTS rushed to the shield room, "CASTS, Activate Shield Protocol. Code: Delta."

"Acknowledgement: Code received and processed. Executing Shield Protocol." With that, CASTS began to charge the shield capacitor and a shield began to form around the city. Once the shield finished forming, "Report: Shield Operating at 150% capacity. Shield Protocol Executed successfully." Rex nodded as he stared out the window, "How long will it last?" CASTS hovered next Rex, "Answer: Shield is expected to last for 2 hours under continuous barrage." Rex nodded, "Only 2, huh?"

Kishi snarled as the shield was raised, "Barrage the shield! Bring it down!" He roared, after that command, the magic users and catapults he bring rained down a continuous barrage on the shield.

(No time skip this time)

Inari looked at Castor as he explained himself, despite how shaky he was, she still didn't believe he was telling the full truth, "Okay." Inari went and hugged Castor, "You don't have to be afraid to be truthful with me. We're friends and I won't abandon you for any reason." Vivi nodded, being almost fully awake by this point, "Yeah! Castor is our friend!" Inari let go of Castor, "Now then-" She noticed some kind of magical object fly through the air and impact the tower, leaving a bit of damage. Luckily the tower was shielded so it suffered minimal damage.

Inari turned her head toward the direction the attack came from, her ears twitching from side to side eventually finding a focus when she heard Kishi give his command. Her ears flopped to the side, "Oh no, he's here again.." She said with a hint of fear in her voice.

"Hypnosis? Whoa, Vinyl, you're next level." Castro says, not even trying to hide how impressed he was. "That'll be really useful. Also, it's nice to meet you Vinyl."

Castro looks to Iris.

"Listen, if you don't want to do this, you don't have too. It's just---"

Before Castro can finish, another roar is heard through out the city. Another one from the Dragon. This time, instead of breaking down, Castro looks to Vinyl and Iris. They'd be there for him.

"They must still be announcing wa--"

Castro stops as he sees some sort of magical object flies into a building, barely doing damage due to the shield surrounding the building. Are the Dragonkin striking? Already?

Castor felt warm and fuzzy when Inari went to hug him. It was like when his mom tried to calm him down. Though, it was also bittersweet. He could still remember the last hug from her, when his father had come to take him away. He didn't like remembering that. She'd been trying to be brave, but her eyes were filled with sadness. She didn't want this as much as he didn't. But there was no disobeying his father. Even his strong-willed mother couldn't.

The boy hugged her back tightly, a tear coming down his face. He sniffled a little and then forced himself to stop. He couldn't bawl his eyes out now. Even if he did want to from the comfort Inari gave him. She said he could trust her. She said that she wouldn't abandon him. He so desperately wanted that to be true. He almost spilled his guts right then and there. He had to control himself. Though, he wondered how much longer he could. He looked towards Vivi who gave her support as well. She called him her friend and he felt warm once more, with the stress sort of wearing off.

Castor let go when Inari did, not wanting to come off as too clingy. In reality, he probably could've gone another few minutes with that hug. He didn't get many of those back at the Reincrat estate. Like, at all. Though, Inari seemed to be moving on, so he did as well. Well, until she was cut off by something. He covered his ear to the sound and braced himself with a hand to the ground. He looked towards the Ironshire City tower; a dent now shone in the side of it.

His gaze flicked back to Inari when she spoke with a bit of fear in her voice. Needless to say, it didn't help his nerves one bit. She said he'd here again. What did that mean? Wait, was it the dragon? The one that was supposed to be declaring war. Oh, no. Now he had two very big problems. He watched as the shield enclosed the city. It was like they were being covered by a see-through blanket. "What's going on?" He asked Inari. "What was that just now? Are we... getting attacked?"

The calls for him were becoming louder and more frantic, the guards moving quickly. They might still be able to get out, but it'd be a tight squeeze. "Young master! Young lord! We really need to be going now. Your brother demands you back. We need to back quickly and leave now!" They called out for him, hoping he could hear. "Come out!"

Rajeel had managed to get to a pharmacy via the directions the spirit had given him. A place called, The Vinland Apothecary. The place looked like a complete hole in the wall. Dark alleyway. Couldn't have gotten too many customers. He sighed. This was no place for someone like him. How low he'd fallen.

He went in and heard the sweet ring of a bell ring as the door opened. Only, it was not sweet to him. It made his headache throb even more and he massaged his temples. All he needed was the damn prescription and they could be out. As well as find the halfbreed brat, but that was another less important matter. His headache took precedence over the little twerp's life.

"Hello? Anyone here?" He called out. No answer. Then he heard scuttling in the back and some lady came out.

"Sorry, sorry!" She exclaimed. "I was mixing potions in the back. I didn't expect to get a customer. Maybe the boy is actually making some head way." She murmured out the last sentence, but it's not like Rajeel cared.

"Uh, I need headache medication. I have the specifics here." He went up to the front desk and handed the lady the small piece of paper he'd taken with him.

The lady read and nodded. "Sure. I can-" She was cut off by another ring of the bell and a flustered voice.

"Sorry! I know I'm late. I had trouble finding what we needed." It was a boy's voice, seemed familiar somehow. His face was covered by the large bag he was holding. He only knew he was a spirit by the fuzzy golden and white tipped tail that flowed frantically behind him. "But I managed to find most of the supplies. I can go back out in case I missed something."

The boy set down the bag as him and the lady quickly conversed. He turned to face Rajeel and suddenly he knew why he seemed so familiar. "You!"

"Uh, hey. You made it here. Congrats!" He did little nervous jazz hands. "My directions must've been great then. Glad too. I've been trying to work on that."

The lady behind the counter sighed. "Elias here thinks we need to try new methods to get customers." The lady explained. "So, he likes to go undercover and "direct" people towards our shop."

The young teen named Elias made a sweeping motion with his robes that covered him and said, "Undercover!" with a small giggle.

"Ok, well, I need-" There was, yet again, another interruption. A loud bang and things shook, almost throwing all three out of balance. It did, however, knock over a pretty potted plant on a stool. Castor would've hated that sight, which was a good thought for him. "The hell?" He asked and stepped outside to see what was going on.

Castro ducks down as a piece of rubble almost clips him in the side of his head.

"Oh, shit!" Castro looks to towards the shield. It was being barraged. But from where? Castro looks ahead and sees catapults firing at the shield. "Their trying to break it."

Castro sheathes his blade and straps his combat boots.

"Vinyl, work on that hypnosis ritual. Iris and I will go find that kid. Okay? We need to move quickly." Castro takes a look at Iris and sighs. "Shit. You're not exactly a roof runner are you?"

Castro turns from her and crouches down.

"Get on." he says, indicating for her to get on his back. That was just one of the reasons he turned around. The first was to let her get on his back. The other one however was to hide the fact that he was blushing. This has happened to Castro many times.

One time when he was 13, a girl his age was bored and asked for a piggyback ride. And what did Castro do? He turned around to hide that he was blushing and crouched down for her to get on. As he ran across the valley with her on his back, his face burned with happiness. But I guess that won't be the same case here. Because now, he'll have a girl on his back but, he won't be happy. He'll be trying to move as fast as he can before the city gets crushed to smithereens.

starstucker starstucker and DarknessSama17 DarknessSama17

Last edited:

Inari's tail flicked from side to side, Vivi looked slightly more panicked this time. Inari's left turned to face behind her as she heard the magical words again, 'Young master' but this time grouped with, 'Young lord'. Inari instinctively stood in front of Castor and Vivi in a protective manner. Her tail still flicking from side to side and thinking about what to do. What could she do? The city being attacked so soon and two mysterious guards calling out for Castor. Meanwhile, the shield being bombarded with magic and catapult shots, Inari's cool began running short, she really didn't know what to do.

Vivi seemed to be almost in tears and terrified. 'Why did it have to happen now... I can't protect them both, Castor can use magic but.. will it be enough? I have to take that chance...' Inari turned to Castor, a worried look on her face, "Castor, I need you to steel your nerves for me, okay? I need you to protect Vivi. Can you do that for me?" She almost pleaded with him about this, her eyes glistening as if she were about to break down in tears at any moment, she wasn't at all confident in her abilities to protect both Castor and Vivi but if Castor could try, it would put her mind at ease somewhat.

Castor looked towards Inari as she stood over the both of them protectively. What was even going on? His tail fur bristled. Then, Inari whipped back towards him, asking if he could protect Vivi. He looked between the two of them. Why him? He wasn't good at anything. How could he possibly protect Vivi? He was utterly hopeless. Plus, his magic wasn't anything good. Just cheap tricks with plants and light. He didn't have his raven with him, so he couldn't bond with the little guy in hopes of using him. His strongest defense right now would be the vines growing on the side of the building walls. But would that be enough? Would he be able to then protect Vivi? Maybe he could summon tendrils of thorny plants like he'd done once before. But he didn't know if he could while being on the roof of a building.

But, even with his apprehensive thoughts, he couldn't let them down. Not after everything they'd done or him. He gave a shaky nod. "O-ok. I-I'll try." He didn't sound too confident in himself. "I'll do my best!" He said with enthusiasm and gave a salute then realized it was a dumb gesture and dropped it. "I promise... I'll protect her no matter what!" He was determined to do it, even with his fear weighing him down. He had to help his new friends, in any way he could.

Inari sighed with relief, "Thank you so much." Vivi ran into Castor's arms and hugged him, sobbing. Inari patted Vivi's head, "It's okay, be strong for me." Inari stood up and almost immediately had a splitting headache, she held her head in pain because of this. She heard a low, rumbling voice in her head, 'Blood' Was it her Kitsune Soul? Ever since she was a little kid, her soul was different, bloodthirsty for destruction. Why was it coming back now, what about their agreement? 'Give me BLOOD!' Inari held back the overwhelming thirst for blood, though due to this, some of her body parts took on a new, permanent appearance. Her eyes became a deep red and more beast-like, her fangs became a bit longer and sharper and her tail split in two, giving her two tails instead of just one like before. Though these changes were only aesthetic and didn't affect anything else.

Inari let go of her head, fell to her knees and panted heavily, "Why now.." she said quietly. She looked relieved though, she looked over to Castor with her new eyes, "I'm sorry you had to see that.. I'll tell you about it... later..." she said between breaths, "Seems like, I matured a bit, huh?" She said with a weak giggle and a weak smile. She looked like she was about to pass out.

Iris witnessed something flying through the air. It hit the side of a tower. If she wasn't mistaken that's the hq of Rex Vermillion, the leader of the Phoenix Order. Then a shield went up around the city. Attack after attack pelted the shield. The war had started.

Iris listened to Castro as he told Vinyl to get the hypnosis ritual ready. Iris felt a bit sick but fought through it. It was obvious Castro was willing to do what it took to stop this war. Iris thought she was ready to do the same. She was wrong. The thought of taking away someone's free will made her hesitate.

Then Castro turned and got low. Offering a piggy back ride.

"Hell no." She said, her pride getting the better of her. "I'll manage just fine on my own. You just lead the way."

SharkBark SharkBark
starstucker starstucker

Castor nodded at Inari. Then, Vivi went into his arms, and he gave her a tight hug back. Hopefully it'd help her feel more comfort. "Hey, its ok!" He tried to put on a brave face and get rid of the scared tone in his voice, though some of it still shone. Inari came to pat Vivi, offering her own comfort to the young girl, before standing up to head off. He was scared of what would happen without Inari. Would they really be alright? They'd been fine when she'd left before, but tensions were rising. It was scary, especially since he wasn't strong. He was a meek little halfbreed who got picked on by everyone. Could he really protect Vivi? He didn't know, but he'd try anyways.

He looked at Inari, confused for a second. She'd stopped. Why? Then, he watched as her form changed. Her eyes grew a darker red coloration, her teeth growing into bigger and sharper fangs and, what was the most unusual out of all that, her tail split apart to form a second one. He'd heard about kitsunes having more the one tail, but he hadn't really figured out Inari was a kitsune. At least now he knew. But still. Was this normal for kitsune? She looked like she was hurting too.

When Inari fell to her knees he exclaimed out. "Inari!" He gently let go of Vivi, making sure not to push her away in his pursuit to help Inari, and then went over to the fox girl who had doubled over and was panting heavily. She didn't have to be apologizing for anything. He was just more concerned about her health. Then, she pretty much made a joke and he looked like he was about to scold her. He didn't, but it was no time to be making jokes. Not when she could be really injured. "It's fine! But are you alright? Do you feel pain anywhere?" He sounded flustered and worried. He just wanted to make sure she was alright. He didn't want one of his new friends hurt. "Maybe you should lie down before going anywhere."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back