• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Spellbound OOC

Main
Here
Lore
Here
Molly is awoken, but she's not considered a 'Mage' by Mages.

"Mage" is more used for people who are aware, and who actively know/use their abilities. Molly is considered 'awoken' (which is why she has vibes), but it was awoken so late that they'd call her 'Esna'/'Esnaen' which is to say "Awake" as in a person who just opens their eyes a moment during the night-- technically they were awake, but they didn't 'wake up'.

Their familiars sensed whether the Almaeri of the two had been awoken. They know Molly is Ensaen. And if I am correct that Willow is not awoken at all, their familiars have detected this as well and related this to them. This is known within a minutes time.

They also were told that neither women are of malicious intent. It isn't instant to know, so at least the time span of a ten-minute conversation is needed.

I need to re-read all the mage info it seems. Like, I remember it but only a tad since I have a goldfish memory at times.

Since she's older and that means a weaker, would they try to 'fully' awaken Molly in terms of power or more likely just leave her as she is?

Also, want me to write out the next morning starting too?

Since the strength of the Almaeri relies solely on the age it is awoken, Molly's Almaeri cannot be 'awoken more'. It, however, has the potential to be 'added to'. If someone died near her, she may have the potential to absorb their Almaeri. The amount she'd receive is based on if theirs is awoken, and when.

Ex1: Molly dies next to Theo, her Almaeri is absorbed by him. But it's the equivalent of a drop.
Ex2: Theo dies next to Molly, his Almaeri is absorbed by her, and it's like a bucket full of water-- though for her, it's more like a boost. It's like going from 98 cent rubber sandals to a pair of leather flip-flops. Still a better benefit than the other way around.

Ex3: Jovan dies beside Theo. It's like adding an ocean to an ocean.

For Molly to have an ocean's worth of Almaeri, like Theo and Jovan, she'd have to be around a TON of people when they die. Like, thousands. And they'd all have to be oceans too.

No worries, no rush! :P Do what you can. And if you need time to finish, that's fine. I am genuinely curious about her morning routine, so if you have to wait til later to give all the details, I'll wait. I'll prepare my post while I wait.

Yeah, I fell asleep last night while writing. Scramble to finish it up this morning, but I'm afraid it's still pretty garbage.

Ok so, it is true that direct magic cannot work on the non-awoken people, but since the molecular-structure/essence of the salve I mention is enchanted to work at a level beyond the norm, and not itself sustaining a spell, it will work on Willow as well.

The difference in my mind is this: A person on stilts is 'sustaining', while a person who had bone-extension surgery is simply 'taller'. One uses outside elements (wood) and the other uses intrinsic material (bone).

This salve is meant to relax, make you feel fresh, renewed, etc (as well as the meal, which was enchanted to enhance its natural qualities), and is basically like pressing the 'reset' button on your achy-parts, etc.

At about 8 my time (Pacific), I'll need to get going. I have some work to do today, by helping my sister, but I'll check in when I can.

No worries - I'm at work of course, so answers are always sporadic

Also, Im highly amused at the Micha and Molly interactions. The comedic relief is gold.

So I google the Russian occasionally. I just want to say that - Zdravstvuy - is a long ass word for hello.

So, my dog just ate a squirrel foot. Pretty sure that's what it was, at least. I don't know if I should try to make him throw it up or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back