• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Spellbound OOC

Main
Here
Lore
Here
Layla and Diana would have been gone by Sept 7th. Perhaps a different friend. I wouldn't want to alter anything you had planned for, but if you don't mind it, and if it fits, what about my char Molly who is not a 'mage', bc she doesn't know she has any Almaeri awoken (happened late in life) and have no formal training, and her abilities extent is 'feeling vibes', and she may have started out in support of this job, but just now became antsy and opposed upon accompanying her friend-- unexplainably, and maybe they admit this too? Of course, this is just a suggestion, bc that's a side-char that comes to mind. :P

Cool! I love the post. :)

Just to make sure, am I alright to take the reigns for Molly for this next post?

Sorry about the sudden absence, I had Mass and now I am at an Easter party. I'll post whenever I find a pause. :P

So, I was thinking about highlight moments. These would be significant to them becoming close and all. We don't have to write it out, but I do want to list them.

These are some ideas...

*First date (obviously)
*Maybe beach day while it’s still summer?
*Some Russian holiday’s themed at the bar
*Meeting Natalia, Jovan’s daughter in some way
*Meeting Lyov, Grandpa to Theo in some way
*Meeting Granya, Niece to Theo in some way
*Maybe Theo asks Willow to sing with him on Fridays
*Maybe they watch a movie, etc.
*Maybe Theo or Willow gets sick, one of them visits the other despite it

Last edited:
So the family members meeting, definitely. I'm not sure how much of a stickler you are for drama, but I tend to feed on it. If they're just normal introductions, that's also fine, but pretty much anyone I pull in is going to be a whole pot of tea in the works.

Before the two weeks is up, a few ideas I'm thinking of possibly doing:
- Willow getting herself into a bit of trouble (probably still working nights while her two weeks finishes at the store and ends up sleeping in one morning) particularly with Jovan
- Molly has to head out early for one reason or another, Willow and Theo end up closing alone together
- A health inspector comes in, they are questioned about the animals in the pub (health codes and all that jazz) and Willow steps in to diffuse the situation and help earn back the points she lost being late
- Bandit sneaks her way into Willow's purse and isn't noticed until she's home and freaking out, not knowing what to do with a ferret

Likely after a couple of weeks but not too distant yet:
- A nearby concert, Willow trying to show Theo some of her world/tastes since she'll be so exposed to his working at the pub
- A family member or ex showing up at the pub while she's working
- Getting caught together in some sort of a storm; gives a big opportunity for bonding and learning about each other when you've got nothing to do but talk

I have a lot more ideas but also don't want to jump too far ahead. Personally, I don't mind playing them all out. I enjoy this stage of character development and I feel like it only leads to a deeper connection between the characters that we'll want once we get toward the 'big plot'

I’m ok with drama, as long as it’s not forced. :P I’ve watched a lot of Korean dramas lately and I take them with a grain of salt, but I tend to lean towards making sure drama is more ‘real’ if I were to write it. Not to say I think you and I won’t write something that is more real, but just a heads up. Also, I don’t mind writing these parts out! ^_^ I just may not want to do a day-by-day thing. I’ve done it before and I just can’t rationalize that many crazy things happening literally one day after another, esp with my last RP streak having one unique death-defying adventure each day, without pause. Some weeks are just going to be regular work weeks, yah know? :P

A typical day:

Wake
eat
work
eat
work
close
hang out

A typical week:

Sunday— Work, half-day (breakfast to lunch, no dinner)
Monday— No work
Tuesday— Work
Wednesday—Work
Thursday—Work
Friday— Work
Saturday— Work, half-day (no breakfast, lunch-to dinner)

^This is a plain template. They all have various ways they spend time, which is fine. This is just ‘general’. And it does not include details of activities they do, such as movies, and all.

Oh no, I completely agree. No point in squishing everything in three days and then being like um, what happens now? Another gal that I write with and I had to have that discussion after about a year that we needed to cool it and be fine with writing normal stuff too; we were just a bit too brutal on our poor characters. But almost two years later, we've got it down pact, I'd say.

I just figure we want to get a good solid feeling toward the start, get that connection and then for the year and a half they're together we can just skim around to highlights as we need that change of pace.

I definitely agree! I'll look up some fun ideas for bonding. :P

I got to go to work, so I'll post during pauses.

So you mentioned Molly is going to be a mage that isn't awoken yet; are they are all going to be able to pick up on that right away or not? Since she's so much older will it be harder to detect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back