• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Special Tactical Rescue Operations Squad OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
For now,
Until we get at least one more person to round out the call signs, since my character is Sierra Delta 1-1 and we skip over 1-2 and 1-3 for now, it's mostly just gonna be passive training with the squad and having everyone get used to each other IC

I think for the most part, my interest in this RP.. has up'd and left me. Been trying to put thoughts to paper but the magic just ain't there anymore, for that reason i've decided that I don't wish to partake here any further and bring things to a close. My job atm is rather hectic with people being off sick and i'm fairly certain I have covered nearly every colleague's shift thus far.

I think perhaps to provide a constructive opinion of the RP; things are a little too passive and confusing with all these groups within groups doing different things (I.e, SWAT heading off for something but we're not.). May have been a better idea for the characters to meet up on site of a incident.. where everyone answers their bleeper and arrives on scene to brief and prepare entry etc... Passive training is fun for details but it's difficult to become involved in a entertaining way by writing about monkey bars and wall climbing. ~ Just my thoughts.

Please do not take this as a negative, I believe that not everyone is going to enjoy certain things about a RP and so trying to work out a balance could be the right way to go. I had the feeling this was going to be quite intensive as would any Police themed RP would be, having the characters go through the same sort of thing a fresh-faced recruit would do feels a little underwhelming, given the world the characters are in and the situations going on within the city. Perhaps starting at the scene of a situation (bank robbery gone wrong so lots of hostages) would give the characters a chance to reveal their strengths and weaknesses.. cock ups could be a focal point during down time -but- without the intensity of having a drill sergeant yell at the characters for not being perfection. Having a shot miss or graze a target keeps the momentum rolling, the target is still up, giving another character the chance to end the situation etc..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back